แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 18 ก.ย. 2024
  • Jumper T16: goo.gl/HjFqWo, bit.ly/2DqLtYL
    X-lite Pro: goo.gl/5vDuwH
    X-lite: goo.gl/2Mmy9i
    Nirvana: goo.gl/UiDixV
    Q X7: goo.gl/zYvpeL
    Regarding the stick travel: I tried to lengthen the sticks but then they were too tall and uncomfortable.
    Regarding the broken button:
    I replaced the physical button but the electronic button inside is busted unfortunately. I'd need to desolder the button from the board and put another on. It requires a really fine and long soldering tip that I don't have, nor do I have the patience to bother with...
    On another note, what's the easiest way to turn this (goo.gl/vwuPVz) into a brushless FPV machine? I've got lots of ~1103 motors and 1S packs and I hate servos 😀
    Join my FB group for more discussion: Kabab FPV
    / 379155946182689
    Equipment I highly recommend:
    Micro Eagle -
    goo.gl/or1fS9
    Rush Tank Vtx -
    goo.gl/YMYmya
    Fantastic solder-
    amzn.to/2P5QM2W
    TS100 iron -
    goo.gl/DqBipa
    goo.gl/svK6DD
    amzn.to/2OV5XMh
    WaFL’s Cap Cap
    insta-stalker....
    goo.gl/9CZdAs
    Xing 2306: goo.gl/TT9gnw, amzn.to/2VkZ8rt
    Flywoo 2306: goo.gl/xuLG6d
    Xing 2208: goo.gl/PcJ7GG
    Hold off on 220X motors for now. There is a bug in BLheli/BF that makes them act a little weird unfortunately. :-(
    Sub $200 5" build that's still good:
    Frame: goo.gl/EpXQhZ
    FC/4in1 Stack: goo.gl/HprVbj
    Motors: goo.gl/h5rofi
    Props: goo.gl/ZnzY2y
    Props: goo.gl/VMBiQh
    FPV Cam 2.1mm: goo.gl/FDJhYw
    Vtx: goo.gl/JNVDMn
    Starter goggles I recommend: goo.gl/GvJUkT
    Tips?
    PayPal: www.paypal.me/...
    Please use my referral code if you're gonna buy a Tesla. You get some free stuff when you do and I get better status with Tesla: ts.la/bob40889
    Bitcoin: 1E4XZXoD4rS6MYWVWuenY7Kw2M1YgyNpoQ
    Nano: xrb_1188ek5bd7tb9kw67asnp9o65byuoaxbtpxuznx1ribf75x78awywmakj55f
    ETH: 0xD067F93811f2eC31CB1928901002dfdf9A492EF5
    LTC: La2KWYAjp4VT2Lq2M76pbjzXWvRyjpfCtG

ความคิดเห็น • 354

• @MB3Drift
    @MB3Drift 5 ปีที่แล้ว +59

07:00 : Bob hates on short travel gimbals.
    07:10 : Bob explains that thumbers struggle to reach the end of the travel on « big » radios with long travel.
    07:20 : Bob realizes why radios have shorter travel gimbal, that he pretty much answered himself and moves on^^

• @mrbutchee1
      @mrbutchee1 5 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Bob doesnt like gimbals..

• @The1188am
      @The1188am 5 ปีที่แล้ว

XD hilarious

• @gboulter
      @gboulter 5 ปีที่แล้ว

@@mrbutchee1 Bob Talks Bollox

• @sleepingbearffg5008
      @sleepingbearffg5008 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Lmaooooo new sub

• @Asu01
    @Asu01 5 ปีที่แล้ว +25

Wish I was as rich as you. One stuck button and can say _"the damn thing is broken"._ Heck, I even secretly pick up thrown props at field and bend them back to fly with them lol.

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว +9

After FOUR years of using the same controller I bought for ~$200 FOUR years ago, I think it's okay to toss it. I've gotten my money's worth.

• @alexdunda
      @alexdunda 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

@@Kabab I'll take it off your hands. ;)

• @sklepa
      @sklepa 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@Kababyeah ill gladly repair it :) and will use it with toothpick if there will be any frame available!

• @mooosestang
      @mooosestang 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I've got a giant box of props with your name on it.

• @eduenlamer
      @eduenlamer 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Is that the sketchy spot prop box or is it the props that have been to said sketchy spot already? lol

• @propsoff
    @propsoff 5 ปีที่แล้ว +4

My QX7 original gimbles were worn out after years of use. I replaced them with the very nice M7 hall effect gimbles with normal throw. I can see a huge difference and they are smoother for sure. Also, I paid a visit to my dentist for my six month check-up, teeth are feeling smooth too... Like your video and thank you..

• @PaneInTheGlass
    @PaneInTheGlass 5 ปีที่แล้ว +17

I'm REALLY interested in the radio you're making. can't wait to see what it is about!

• @RCOverKill
    @RCOverKill 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I didn't understand smoothness of a gimball until I played the sim. Freerider with a flysky FS-I6 for a week, then swapped for Taranis QX-7, and instantly doubled my time. It wasn't so much the physical feel of the sticks, the quad flew smoother(SIM), and just easier to control. That may not be what everyone else means, but that's my best guess. Thanks Kabab!

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Maybe that's from comparing a much much lower end controller to these typical ones. ?

• @RCOverKill
      @RCOverKill 5 ปีที่แล้ว

@@Kabab I agree, I've been flying something or another for about 25 years with a 5 year break, and when I came back everything had progressed so much, pretty much everything felt smoother. It was an apples to oranges comparison, but that's really the only experience with new equipment I've had to draw on.

• @MCsCreations
    @MCsCreations 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Pretty nice radio, dude. 😊
    About TBS vs FrSky vs Jumper, I personally couldn't care less... I have a Taranis X9D Plus SE and would buy that radio as well if I need to (or maybe for my father)... I bought the FrSky R9 system because, well... I'm poor and Crossfire is expensive. 😝
    But I would also buy Crossfire and use it, no problems... And so on. 😊
    All I can tell is: bring me more competition in the market! That always drop prices and we end up getting better products. 😉

• @letsgofast1187
    @letsgofast1187 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Aside from the protocal the spektrum dxe is almost what you are asking for, no screen (bluetooth to phone) less switches, good feel in the hands, and long gimbal throw

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

Nobody has seen what I actually want yet 😏

• @alexandrefidalgo9626
    @alexandrefidalgo9626 5 ปีที่แล้ว +5

Looking foward to know more on your radio

• @Mellowdark17
      @Mellowdark17 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Agreed. Same. At least a range of when maybe.

• @sergeiiakimenko3648
      @sergeiiakimenko3648 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Nah, it can't be any good because the gimbals won't be SMOOTH! 😂

• @quickf0x792
      @quickf0x792 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@Mellowdark17 it won't have a built in module, only jr bay like the tango

• @Mellowdark17
      @Mellowdark17 5 ปีที่แล้ว

quick f0x that’s fine.

• @A3Kr0n
    @A3Kr0n 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I was looking to replace my 10+ y/o Spektrum DX6i (still works) and the thought that two extra channels was going to be double the DX6's price seems like a blatant rip off to me. I ordered a T16. Before that I was pretty much wondering what FrSky to buy when I heard about their behavior. They lost my sale.

• @illpro2
    @illpro2 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

The first thing I did with my QX7 was adjust the gimbals to have the "feel" that I wanted with them. Between that and my rates I truly believe have done the most to give me the "Feel" that I want in flying my quads.

• @DroneOn
    @DroneOn 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Awesome to hear your angle on this controller. Kinda been hawking this with high hopes. Thanks for the information and opinions. The video I wanted to see!

• @raymondwilliams6878
    @raymondwilliams6878 5 ปีที่แล้ว

The transition point around the center that your talking about that "clanks" and can feel "cheapy"...what some people call "smooth" gimbals when it doesn't do it, lol! Nice vid!

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

Is it? I have never heard anyone explain that. If it's an issue, they could just use a little rubber sticker over that bar that clanks and it wouldn't clank anymore. 💁🏻‍♂️

• @M0rdH0rst
    @M0rdH0rst 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

The problems that I had with the gimbals was mainly because I *love* flying fixed wing F3A and also *love* flying quads. While in a quad the thrust is very delicate to handle, in F3A it has to stay solid as a rock in the pure vertical and horizontal maneuvers and it does not matter at all, if the throttle movement is yerky inbetween.
    That's the main reason, I'm transferring all copters to the Nirvana now and returning the stiffness and fraction on my DX9 back to F3A mode.
    On the negative side is, that I have to carry around 2 transmitters now. The rest is just: getting used to it :)

• @MaxBeamer
    @MaxBeamer 5 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Hall sensor magnetic vs potentiometer brushy gimbals ur saying u don’t feel the difference? Smoothness comes into play big time when your moving the sticks over a bigger distance slowly that’s when error will show in flight. The gimbal travel is shrinking also bc of this error potential and the ability to add expo in software it’s just something to get used to I think.

• @MaxBeamer
      @MaxBeamer 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Also a side note betaflight rc filter will sometimes make these errors worse as it is fixing step to step error and not recognizing these “twitchy” multistep errors and can often make them worse by smoothing steps within the error and not the entire error itself

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

So the hall effect gimbals do move slightly more freely but I don't notice any difference with quad control. The hall effect gimbals may be smoother but that doesn't make the pot gimbals unsmooth. I think different people seem to have different definitions of what smooth is because I've not read two of the same description from these comments so far.

• @MaxBeamer
      @MaxBeamer 5 ปีที่แล้ว

KababFPV I hear ya, smooth is smooth but it’s nitpicking at that level

• @tehllama42
      @tehllama42 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Bah, I should have put my wordy reply on the effect of stiction here - the hall effect gimbals do a little bit better on having lower static friction, which means that momentary breakaway where the stick is traveling quicker and overshooting your target if you were after a small stick move gets amplified... for anybody who is usefully picky that's what smooth means - anybody focusing on something else is misattributing an unrelated issue.
      I do a lot of my flying trying to make small adjustements close to center, so play and stiction matters, so it's something I'd nitpick about if I wasn't happy with my budget-oriented solution (QX7 with M7 gimbals).

• @mrmOoOon90
    @mrmOoOon90 5 ปีที่แล้ว +11

We seriously need more information of your radio!

• @farmerboyfpv3637
    @farmerboyfpv3637 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I love my xlite, although i was surprised i didnt see very many pilots with it at nationals. I like how my hands go to the same spot every time. The would drift on my qx7. Also not a great way to trainer on a xlite. Interesting to note the antenna in the xlite appears to be a patch like antenna giving better range in front of the radio and im curious if that will hit other radios.

• @UloPe
    @UloPe 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I don't get this. You're complaining that you can't reach the full throw on big / 'full size' gimbals but then not 30s later you complain that the x-lite gimbals are too small?!

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

You clearly did not listen to anything I said or you jumbled it all up. I'm not complaining AT ALL. In fact I want bigger gimbals than what's on the FrSky controllers. THUMBERS have some difficulty SOMETIMES reaching the corners of the stick. I ONLY pinch so it's a non-issue for me.

• @m85fpv66
    @m85fpv66 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Thank you for all the good you do for this hobby!!

• @russcole5685
    @russcole5685 4 ปีที่แล้ว

One thing I've done in the past is to slide a piece of fuel tube over the gimble pins, help to soften and quieten that rec entering bounce clunky noise very easy fix and doesn't effect anything but your ears

• @tiagotiagot
    @tiagotiagot 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Some transmitters allow you to unscrew the to of the sticks and it is actually two parts, so you can unscrew it a bit and then do the same with the lower bit to increase the size, and with that a bit of the travel of the sticks.

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

these do but then they become too long to properly hold

• @sjcajw7
    @sjcajw7 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I don't know if any transmitters already have this, but they should come with adjustable palm swells like the back strap of Glock pistols. They have 3 or 4 different sizes to fit your palm

• @scottopsahl3205
    @scottopsahl3205 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Love the honest, candid feedback.

• @thomascee
    @thomascee 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I can tell you my criteria:
    1. Has to feel high quality (why I love the Nirvana).
    2. As small as possible.
    3. Have big/full sized gimbals.
    #2 Is why I have never liked the Taranis.

• @twistedsocal
      @twistedsocal 5 ปีที่แล้ว

The huge size of the q7 etc is why I use the jumper t12 plus (just has the hall effect gimbal) works without mods with crossfire and I dig that too. Just almost no support since opentx isn't being developed further on it

• @FilipRadelic
    @FilipRadelic 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

My QX7 has been nothing but a pita, I was looking forward to this one but a little bit disappointed that they didn’t include the 4in1 module as internal like they originally teased. I still fly some things with non-Crossfire receivers, mainly whoops, and not having to ever swap modules would be worth it by itself. I don’t think it’s anything to do with regulation though, they use the 4 standard rf chips that are already certified for such use everywhere, I think the reason why they do it this way is OpenTX not helping them support it as an internal module. The whole serial 4in1 module project is a community-developed addon for opentx and to this day isn’t even included by default, it was only added as an option in 2.2 from where they branched out into JumperTX for T12 and this one. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with, might just go with this one to make the wait easier.

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

It comes with the multi protocol module

• @FilipRadelic
      @FilipRadelic 5 ปีที่แล้ว

I know, but it was supposed to be an internal module, not external.

• @DC-ti3ci
    @DC-ti3ci 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Bob I have the same OCD about gimbal throw as you! I have the X9D SE, QX7S and X10S and though i love the length of throw there isnt one that fits my pinching style and hand size . Amyway I just ordered the Jumper T16 while awaiting the release of YOUR radio!

• @DutchRC
    @DutchRC 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Dude ;) It does NOT feel like a Futaba :P
    allso: tried making the sticks a bit longer? The traval WAS to short for me as well..

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

made them longer, they felt weird being too long.

• @benaresq
      @benaresq 5 ปีที่แล้ว

@@Kabab Ideally you'd want longer sticks and then push the gimbals back further into the radio.

• @BigWillieFPV
    @BigWillieFPV 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Your neighbour has a sweet tune on that mower👍🏻

• @HappyFPV
    @HappyFPV 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Why do you have a lipo strapped to the back? 500mw on your tbs tx should be more than enough for your flights right?

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

not for me. I'm regularly at 1W or 2W. My area is super blasted with all things radio.

• @tiagotiagot
    @tiagotiagot 5 ปีที่แล้ว

The importance of hall effect technology is there is no rubbing parts in the sensors, and so it stays working accurately for longer.

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

yeah sure but my stock taranis gimbals lasted me over five years....and they're still completely fine with no issues.

• @decay
    @decay 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I know it's not the same but I was thinking about putting extended stick ends on the x lite to make it feel like it has larger gimbals

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

it feels wonky with sticks that are longer than what it comes with.

• @mhoovair89
    @mhoovair89 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Can you elaborate on the bug for 220X size motors from the description? Just curious if it’s some of the issue I’ve been having as all my motors are 2207/2208

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

It's an issue that very few people really notice. I will make a video on it a little later but basically if you punch it and cut the throttle real quick at the same time as pitching forward, sometimes you get a very slight wobble. Only in that specific situation. This is apparently an issue in some firmware somewhere. They know about it and don't know what to do about it.

• @mhoovair89
      @mhoovair89 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Ahh thank you for the quick and informative reply good sir, love your stuff. Excitedly awaiting your radio reveal!! Lol

• @leeit2me
    @leeit2me 5 ปีที่แล้ว

the whole video was about ranting on gimbals... I think Kaba has a phobia of short gimbals. LOL

• @DAGODER
    @DAGODER 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Ya I never liked FRSKY. I also thought the Taranis was too bulky. I came from planes. Flown Futaba and Spektrum which has better feel and quality vs the plastic bulky Taranis. I picked up the Taranis X-lite which I like. The Taranis 9D is collecting dust

• @Nelsonv2
    @Nelsonv2 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Alert !!! I just got the Jumper T16 Pro. To work with dsm2 and dsmx receivers BOTH internal RF and external RF have to be ON in the model setup menu. After hours trying to make it work with the internal RF only and no response I try both on and wala!! works.

• @aldenhauser9555
    @aldenhauser9555 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

for some reason on my qx7s i can easily reach the ends of the stick throw thumbing but on any other radio that size (like x9d) i cant

• @tehllama42
      @tehllama42 5 ปีที่แล้ว

What size glove do you wear? For reference, I pinch on a QX7 comfortably (not trying to make too many more Trumpian insinuations), but I don't find myself at the end of the gimbal travel on that setup very often...

• @aldenhauser9555
      @aldenhauser9555 5 ปีที่แล้ว

tehllama42 my hands are pretty average. Nothing crazy lol.

• @danielfranklin5224
    @danielfranklin5224 5 ปีที่แล้ว

This transmitter seems great but if I could get a taranis qx7 with an irange 4 in 1 module for the same price, which transmitter would you recommend? Thanks

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

This one. The qx7 is really awkward and doesn't work well with everything

• @mathieujacquet2661
    @mathieujacquet2661 5 ปีที่แล้ว

I thought we could raise the gimbal with a screw ? Did you try it ?

• @Tvpc1971
    @Tvpc1971 5 ปีที่แล้ว

You can replace the PCB buttons on the Taranis. They are 7mm buttons and can be ordered in a 5 pack for about $16. Theres a tutorial on TH-cam on how to do it and it will have a link to the buttons.

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

Yeah I recently found it and I think I'll actually do it too

• @FRY_FPV
    @FRY_FPV 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

What makes you say *"the Q X7 is not good for pinching at all"*? I pinch and I use the Q X7S 😲 Shall I be worried?

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

The general dimensions are a but more bulky than the X9D. It's not bad but it's not exactly much good either.

• @chrishiggins7475
    @chrishiggins7475 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Think I'll wait till you release yours Bob, any rough idea on time scale?

• @michaellundgren6949
    @michaellundgren6949 4 ปีที่แล้ว

I realize this video is a year old. But My Taranis enter button also stopped working because the circuit board which backs the button came loose inside the case. All I did was super glue it back into the correct position.

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Same thing happened to mine and I did the exact same thing but mine didn't work 😔

• @djilly75
    @djilly75 5 ปีที่แล้ว +3

I just sold my x9d. I'm tired of lugging a huge brick around.

• @licensetodrive9930
    @licensetodrive9930 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Stick travel - does unscrewing the stick ends to increase the physical travel distance of the tips help?
    I thumb so I have the stick ends screwed right down, might have a go at putting them to their maximum distance to try and get smoother flight movement.

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

Tried that, didn't work. Sticks were too tall then.

• @licensetodrive9930
      @licensetodrive9930 5 ปีที่แล้ว

That's a shame, I wondered if them being too tall would be a hindrance.
      Something you don't get to experience as a pincher is stick end sharpness over an extended period of use.
      I have 4 identical TX's, each came with different stick ends. Some were too 'blunt' to get a proper thumb grip, others were so sharp that after 10 mins of sim time it felt like I'd stuck needles into the ends of my thumbs! Thankfully I found the Goldilocks pair, just the right grip without drawing blood :)

• @jdrissel
    @jdrissel 5 ปีที่แล้ว

On your other note: You could build a quad that fits around the CG with a pivot that ratchets. A small solenoid hooked up to an auxiliary FC output would reverse the ratchet. Then you would have a VTOL drone that uses aerodynamic lift made from quad parts that you already have and a cheap glider. I would actually look for a glider version or remove the existing electronics to improve the weight budget.

• @5zero7RC
    @5zero7RC 5 ปีที่แล้ว +5

I believe, at least according to what I have heard during various live streams, is that FrSky is paying someone to develop OpenTX for FrSky radios. Hence a bit of a bias towards them. I believe all that info is out there somewhere, possibly in the github repository or something.

• @echaitea
      @echaitea 5 ปีที่แล้ว

So? Is that good or bad?

• @5zero7RC
      @5zero7RC 5 ปีที่แล้ว

@@echaitea Not really good or bad. At least they seem to be somewhat transparent about the fact that FrSky is paying one of the OpenTX developers to work on supporting FrSky radios. I assume that means that takes away a person from working on supporting other radios. Wish I could find a better source for this info beyond my memory from one of Bardwell's live streams. There must be more too it though or else Jumper would pay for development and get their radio supported too but I assume the OpenTX people are not accepting any code submitted by others? Just guessing though.

• @5zero7RC
      @5zero7RC 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Almost seems like we need some dedicated developers to fork OpenTX and make a version that is stripped down to just what us kwad pilots need and support the radios we use. Then again, maybe that is what the Nirvana guys are doing?

• @5zero7RC
      @5zero7RC 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Ah, I found some real info. Here is where Joshua got his information. github.com/opentx/opentx/issues/6355

• @twistedsocal
      @twistedsocal 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@5zero7RC what I know about open TX not playing well with jumper ie forcing them to branch to jumper tx is cause of the t12...it pretty much is a direct RIP off of the q7. They renamed the switches and stuff so had to do minor remapping but it pushed off ppl over at opentx. By the time jumper tried to fix it or get some sort of approval and even donate or pay it was already past the point where the dev's were gonna work directly with jumper. Guessing that has spilled over into anything new by jumper.

• @lalithkishore3774
    @lalithkishore3774 5 ปีที่แล้ว

U can adjust the gimbal height with that hex screw on top of the gimbal .so u can easily pinch just check it out

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

yeah that only adjusts it about 1.5mm. It's not even worth mentioning.

• @tehllama42
    @tehllama42 5 ปีที่แล้ว

High end gimbals for manned flight has full called-out specifications on stiction (static friction), which is a valid thing on trying to extremely precisely control things - because not having to make an oversized movement to break stiction and then achieve a fine output can be hard, so that's what some people are talking about. When smaller gimbal travel is a thing, that tiny bit of friction-overcome-overshoot is going to be a proportionally larger amount of gimbal resolution used, so that might be why it matters more with smaller gimbal travel.
    That being said, with basic hall effect gimbals they're going to be more than adequate, because for the most part we're making big movements where that super-fine control isn't as relevant (unlike something like a large heli with a large gimbal stick that legitimately needs the most precise control possible).
    I'm still pinching on my QX7 just because of the gimbal throw distance being good, and because that with the M7 gimbals and IRX4 was the cheapest radio I could use to fly all my stuff. Still works, and when I finally give up and move to CRSF I'll still be in relatively good shape.
    As far as feel/setup - I do a lot of my flying trying to make near-center adjustements (with correspondingly low RC rates), so I think Hall effect is helpful (very minor). I too upped the tension on throttle so I get a more notchy feel on that stick, which I'm still a fan of. Dunno why, just like a more coggy-feeling throttle when I'm making big adjustements, but being a pincher with big hands I don't feel like I struggle with that making finer throttle adjustments.

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

yeah I used to like the notch on throttle too but then I took it off and my flying got a lot smoother. Especially low to the ground since there is no resistance from any notches. I still want a 'gooey' stick however and wish we had dampers on our sticks. Would make things a whole lot smoother still. Would feel like force feedback.

• @tehllama42
      @tehllama42 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@Kabab Would probably be a nice feature, but to me it's just another thing to have break. I think just backing the sticks all the way out (tallest) on a large gimbal setup just does so much for me that anything else I have wrong gets basically swept under the rug. I also have gimped myself with racing-focused flying to where I'm terrible at anything below 30-35° camera angle, so I don't need quite as much precision on the throttle - again I'm also picky about props but with my primary figure of merit being linearity of response, so I'm usually within a couple clicks without thinking about it, so I'm emulating a lot of that 'gooeyness' with keeping the notchiness there, although I'll have to try backing off that notchiness to see if there's improvement to be found.

• @iknowlaa
    @iknowlaa 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

hahaahaha...was laughing to my self about the lawn mowing guy....lol..this is enough to make my day.

• @DoRC
    @DoRC 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I bet that enter button would be an easy fix. Send it to me I'll make a vid of fixing it and send it back.

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

unfortunately the actual electronic button component is broken on mine. Clicks just fine but does nothing. It's a really small and difficult solder job to replace so I doubt I could do it without breaking it.

• @DoRC
      @DoRC 5 ปีที่แล้ว

@@Kabab I see. I have very decent solder skills and a good setup for dealing with small components including a hot air rework station. I'd take a stab if interested.

• @gatecrasherfpv7806
    @gatecrasherfpv7806 5 ปีที่แล้ว

I have the Futaba 16SZ, and other then the silhouette, there are some clear design differences like the addition of the JR module and the placement and use of 18650. I think if Jumper had designed their own shell, this would have been a great fully original radio. Instead it has a hint of cheapness because it resembles a Futaba.

• @GOdupont24
    @GOdupont24 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I recently had to replace the Enter button on my Taranis. It was surprisingly simple.

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I replaced the physical button but the electronic button inside is busted unfortunately. I'd need to desolder the button from the board and put another on. It requires a really fine and long soldering tip that I don't have, nor do I have the patience to bother with...

• @GOdupont24
      @GOdupont24 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Gotcha, that really stinks.

• @keeth200
      @keeth200 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@Kabab Can I have your crappy broken Taranis?

• @fpvforever
    @fpvforever 5 ปีที่แล้ว

if you had to choose for one daily driver, Nirvana or T16? Only have 2 quads already using the evolution. So im not a fanboy of flysky or frsky. Ive noticed some vernder are not selling the nirvana or going to restock it, that ways on me,

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

I would go with the T16 but honestly the x9d is still better. No idea why these companies are just shrinking gimbals

• @fpvforever
      @fpvforever 5 ปีที่แล้ว

being that im coming from the evolution, and I thumb currently. gimble range isn't a deal breaker for me at all. Do you still have the same opinion?

• @squibwerb
    @squibwerb 5 ปีที่แล้ว +4

don’t forget to floss yo teeth

• @evo-fpv8963
    @evo-fpv8963 5 ปีที่แล้ว

I’m commenting again on this video because I’m honestly interested, and your amazing because you comment on old videos. I have a turnidgy evoloution and a bunch of flysky quads and I want to change. I’m thinking of getting this so I don’t have to worry about range and other things as much. Does it connect to all different modes like flysky-frsky etc easily without struggle. What one would get the best range would you think. Sorry for all the questions but this thing is really nice in my eyes but I wanted your honest opinions on things.

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Yes it does connect to most things however the more recent x9 lite controllers are cheaper and fit the hands so much better. If you need high versatility, this t16 is it for you. But if you're looking for something that fits in your hands and feels great, watch my most recent video. Err actually the second most recent. The x9 lite however does feel like a cheap toy but it just feels and looks like that. It's actually quite good.

• @benwoodard6844
    @benwoodard6844 5 ปีที่แล้ว

i know this has nothing to do with the video but i have a question. In beta flight my voltage sensor is all messed up, betaflight thinks my 6s pack is a 7s pack and it is giving me a way to high voltage reading i measured my pack and it is at 25.1v and betaflight thinks its at 30 somthing why does it think my 6s is a 7s and how do i fix it?

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

Change the maximum voltage per cell up to 4.3v or 4.4v

• @benwoodard6844
      @benwoodard6844 5 ปีที่แล้ว

KababFPV that didn’t help. My camera also just stoped working so idk what’s going on. Im just got the talon f7 and that’s the board I’m having these problems with. Just curious does the talon f7 take like 5 seconds to boot up and give you the second set of beeps when you plug in?

• @ChrisGripeos
    @ChrisGripeos 5 ปีที่แล้ว

@KababFPV, any idea when you'll be able to show us your progress on the controller you're designing? I'm excited to see it!

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

It's supposedly been in prototype manufacturing for a year now. I have given up. I invested so much money and have nothing to show for it but a hand full of prints. These companies are not honorable it seems. I'll try to get them to respond again however. Thanks for reminding me

• @ChrisGripeos
      @ChrisGripeos 5 ปีที่แล้ว

@@Kabab ah! that sucks, man! I hope it works out and we get a new radio on the market.! I'm looking for one now, but I'm too nervous to get an FrSky because I don't know how locked up it will get with future firmware updates. The T16 looks great, but seems a little too big for me to carry around on trips. I'm waiting to see what the TBS Tango 2 is all about, but that's taking forever to go into production. And I'm too old to walk around in public with a Nervana in my hand. ATM, I'm sticking to my tiny BetaFPV TX02 until I decide what to get (it's the controller I learned to fly on and still use)

• @andrewc3609
    @andrewc3609 5 ปีที่แล้ว

I can see what you meant by short travel on the gimbals, the gimbals sick smash in the down side when you throttle down.
    Its actually a great idea for the app to select the settings on your TX, it can bring the cost down or use the money to make the radio more premium for a certain price point. interesting to see the design of the tx you're building.

• @damienkrohse3374
    @damienkrohse3374 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Any update on the toothpick motors or props you are working on?

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Expecting the motors in about a week or two and the props in about three weeks.

• @peterzingler6221
    @peterzingler6221 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Everybody has this one lawnmower neighbour 😂

• @eduenlamer
      @eduenlamer 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Yup! My neighbour mows the lawn atleast 2 times a week + a couple of hours after I have mowed my lawn. Even if hers has just been mowed. It's hilarious xD

• @jocelyncloutier
    @jocelyncloutier 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Maybe this is a stupid comment... but here I go nevertheless. What you call "gimbals short throw", do you really mean "short sticks"? The sticks are usually extendable (by about 50% on my QX7). You unscrew the top part of stick until the desired length is reached, and then you unscrew the bottom part to lock it. I am probably stating the obvious... in that case forget my comment :-)

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

If you extend the sticks on this controller it feels odd and too tall. The gimbal can drop down about a mm too but the difference is so insignificant it wasn't even worth mentioning

• @jocelyncloutier
      @jocelyncloutier 5 ปีที่แล้ว

@@Kabab Got it. thanks for your input.

• @aspencespence7435
    @aspencespence7435 5 ปีที่แล้ว

@kababFPV can I buy you taranis from you?I would like to repair it so I could get a decent controller. Either way let me know.

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

I have no time to even clean up my room let alone sell stuff. But thank you I appreciate the offer

• @alexongpanghai
    @alexongpanghai 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I'm currently using flysky transmitter can my model from flysky transfer to jumper t16?

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  3 ปีที่แล้ว

It should be able to. Just gotta find the right protocol in the controller list

• @chrisleech1565
    @chrisleech1565 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Can't you unscrew the grips on the sticks of the T16 to make longer throws like any other current Tx out there?

• @valakimas3719
    @valakimas3719 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Nice video, but why did you say(10:28) that the taranis qx7 isn't good for pitching. I think it is perfect for that.

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

It's not bad it's just not particularly good. It's still better than most but the X9D is still better. The Qx7 has overall larger proportions which make it a bit more cumbersome to manage.

• @brandonderrick3545
    @brandonderrick3545 5 ปีที่แล้ว

What happened to the Xing 2210 motor? Is it still on the way?

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

I still have it but it is plagued by the same issue that all 22 motors are played by. This very slight wobble when you cut the throttle and pitch forward

• @n00b_fpv
    @n00b_fpv 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Can't help but ask why don't you just change the Enter button!

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว +3

I tried. It didn't work. I'd need to desolder the button from the board and put another on. It requires a really fine and long soldering tip that I don't have, nor do I have the patience to bother with...

• @licensetodrive9930
      @licensetodrive9930 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

@KababFPV But as a dentist aren't you used to working in small spaces with fine instruments?

• @TobsterGO
      @TobsterGO 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Surely if you have the tools to build and maintain a quad... You can change the enter button... But hey... If you not using it, maybe pass it on to someone who's willing to take the time to fix the enter button... If it helps get another person in the air... I'm thinking, why not.

• @interceptr83
    @interceptr83 5 ปีที่แล้ว

So basically in almost every single way when you compared the jumper to the x9d you actually like the x9d better but your going to recommend people go with jumper just because you have decided you don't like FrSky.

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

The Jumper is a suitable replacement for the X9D but I prefer the gimbals on the X9D just slightly more. Otherwise I view the two as the same because the rest of the differences are insignificant for what we do. I also never liked FrSky. There just weren't other options that were any good and there still aren't until this T16.

• @wickedreelz5028
    @wickedreelz5028 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

If gimble prefection is first on the list to you... I'm a 3d gasser and 3d heli pilot first and foremost and a heck of a quad pilot. I'm sponsored by Graupner but I am not saying this due to that reason... the MZ32 Pro hall effect cnc gimbles are flat superb, the best gimbles I've ever flew PERIOD. The only thing close is the gimbles on my Futaba 18MZ WC close being relative as they are the closest to it but still not even in the ball park. It's big money but still close to 1000 less then the 18mz WC. The throws are simular to JR gimbles from back in the day (about the same as the taranis as it was based off the JR 9303) the precision the MZ32 Pro gimbles offer are second to none (being a sponsored 3d heli and plane pilot humble precision is uber important) I fly the full Crossfire and it's plug and play with Graupner but even the 2.4 preformance of the Graupner Hott protocol is fantastic.
    Once you fly a MZ32 Pro nothing else will feel good and you will be spoiled. And if you fly helis and planes the programming power is second to none as well.

• @danlatu209
    @danlatu209 5 ปีที่แล้ว

FURC was suppose to make a screen less remote with a app for your phone to navigate through a menu. ISDT made a charger that uses your phone to control the charge functions.

• @jhawkfpv4105
    @jhawkfpv4105 5 ปีที่แล้ว

you say that you want big travel for pinching but pinchers like the smallest gimbals possible since their movements are precise they don't need as much travel as thumbers. I think most of this is subjective, granted most of the stuff you talk about is.

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

Well yeah it's all subjective. And yes pinching is typically a bit more precise maybe for some but pinching also allows you to reach farther distances. So why would I shrink my gimbal? I want more travel and want precise control for supreme control.

• @thixisfpv3334
    @thixisfpv3334 5 ปีที่แล้ว

best start to a product review ever. So funny

• @akdrones3093
    @akdrones3093 5 ปีที่แล้ว

please more the radio you are making, keep up the good work

• @emilgabl9069
    @emilgabl9069 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Can someone please help to reverse(Jumper t16) one of my servos(channel 2) on the transmitter? When I pull back on the elevator on my Orbit the elevators go down instead of up, can someone please help me to reverse the channel or any other solution?

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

This is very easy to do in opentx. Just look up how to reverse channel on TH-cam. It's the same as on an x9d or any other opentx controller. The T16 just has a colorful screen.

• @ramamax691
    @ramamax691 4 ปีที่แล้ว

hello, I have a frsky taranis q7s and would like to buy another radio in your opinion which better and which one can you recommend between frsky taranis x9d if plus special edition 2019 or the Jumper t16 pro hall? I thank you in advance

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I personally use the x9lite because it has the largest size gimbals for a controller that isn't full size. The T16 has much smaller gimbals and the darn thing is even bigger than a full size controller. The best overall sized and designed controller is the tango 2 from TBS but it's currently locked to crossfire only.....which is really only an issue for whoops currently. The reason tht x9lite is still my primary is because I can use the full size crossfire on it and I like that. Even though I don't need it.

• @ramamax691
      @ramamax691 4 ปีที่แล้ว

@@Kabab thanks for replying I will accept your advice thank you and good

• @MojoPapiFPV
    @MojoPapiFPV 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Remember JohnnyFPV mentioning when he went to Futaba that he downgraded from the 18 to the 14 model because he liked the gimbals better. The difference is the 14&16SZ have dual-bearing gimbals with longer throw, where the 18 has quad-bearing and shorter throw. Just thought this was interesting to note. Not sure if this $150 radio can produce the same glorious center stick feel of a Futaba 14/16 radio, but one can dream.

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

The gimbals aren't full throw on this. It's super annoying

• @FabioPaulinhoView
    @FabioPaulinhoView 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Your thoughts are very suprising for me, because its obvious that you have better reach wich thoumbs. Maby its somthing in palm placment.

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

pinch grip has an easier time reaching full travel on the sticks

• @CaribbeanZapatta
    @CaribbeanZapatta 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

what about the TANGO ?? FPV scvreen and easy to attach dvr ? finding kwads easy ...etc now if we could just have wifi ? apps on phone etc

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

I don't know if it records so you can watch it

• @klopossa2
    @klopossa2 5 ปีที่แล้ว

They don't even have parts for the out of production T8SG.. only 2 two yrs old. Will they have this poor support for this radio?

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

Probably not. But maybe if they see it's super popular which I'm expecting it to be.

• @discord2000
    @discord2000 5 ปีที่แล้ว

I've found shortening/lengthening the stick itself by adjusting the stick ends can make up for differences in gimbal throw.

• @SebastienBoutholeau
      @SebastienBoutholeau 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Came to say the same thing. Makes a huge difference, a mate of mine mucked about with my Tx the other day and I thought I got it back to where I had it but definitely didn't... took me about 20 mins of adjusting and flying the sim to get the sticks back to what my muscle memory was expecting

• @stevokanevo4055
    @stevokanevo4055 5 ปีที่แล้ว

I bet you can 3d print a cap for them to lengthin a bit plus grip in a rubber filliment

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

It'll just make it more difficult to reach the sticks. The gimbal would need to drop down more.

• @SplashFPV
    @SplashFPV 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Did you not get enough battery life out of the tx for the crossfire? Noticed you put the CF on external power

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

You should always run xfire on a separate battery

• @SplashFPV
      @SplashFPV 5 ปีที่แล้ว

@@Kabab Really? Been using it for two years on internal power (100-500 mw). The first time anyone ever told me. Never had any issues though :-)

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@SplashFPV you can use it on lower power like that but it draws so much power your controller runs out super quick and often prematurely as a result. Dangerous when flying if you get a voltage fluctuation and everything shuts down.

• @SplashFPV
      @SplashFPV 5 ปีที่แล้ว

@@Kabab Never had that happen to me but hey, now I have the T16 I have to do it. No way 2 18650's can power both the screen and crossfire for a long time 😂

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@SplashFPV yeah I could do without the screen

• @mshane86
    @mshane86 5 ปีที่แล้ว

It doesn't really matter with multi protocol but I love the xm+ rx. I learned on the same x9d+ but when I tried the x-lite I felt like I finally had control of the quad, and it fits in a backpack!

• @glenby2u
    @glenby2u 5 ปีที่แล้ว

cant u extend sticks to create the distance?
    When I fly planes as a thumber, the x9d is good. when I fly quads, I have to move hands to reach extents.
    I flew evolution because it was smaller and easier to use for quads.
    the gimbals drifted around centers so, tried jumper and jumper plus because they were small form factor. they also drifted in center.
    xlite flies better for me as centers are good but the screw/pressure used to increase stick tension is lame and sucks.
    still waiting for the perfect radio and being teased by mates because I have so many radios.

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

Extending the sticks make them feel really unwieldily. Doesn't work out.

• @clarkdrago
    @clarkdrago 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Can't wait for your controller to come out as I struggle and look for all the same things you do. I tried the Nirvana but the feel is simply too foreign for me to adjust to so X9D until yours drops!

• @VinceB391
    @VinceB391 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Thank you for the review. I know absolutely nothing about Jumper, other than what you've detailed in this vid. How are they on keeping their version of software up to date? For example, if Crossfire were to need a particular software build to run one of their upcoming receivers or VTX's...

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

Unknown if they will update at all

• @VinceB391
      @VinceB391 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Ok, thanks for letting me know

• @540i_be_fly
    @540i_be_fly 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Hey brother first off nice video I love everything you produce you're very thorough. Anyhow news video you mentioned you don't really care for the multi-protocol receiver I was wondering he would be willing to give it to me?

• @PeterKornum
    @PeterKornum 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

So what is it that frsky copied? And are you sure they did not buy it? Kinda sound like your guesstimating.....

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

I'm not guestimating shit. They straight cloned/stole the mould for the X9D controller and 99.9% cloned all of TBS stuff into the R9 module and receivers. They just don't know how to get the software working so their R9 is partially DOA. This is a publicity traded company that's doing this bullshit. Not appreciated, not okay and zero ethics..... people invest in this. They've copied many many things over the years.
      They're no better than any other trash China company copying everyone.

• @1101nz
      @1101nz 5 ปีที่แล้ว

The Tarranis case is a very obvious copy of a JR transmitter.

• @shadeshiest22
      @shadeshiest22 5 ปีที่แล้ว

@@Kabab what do you mean R9M is partially DOA??

• @lievenvv
      @lievenvv 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Actually, both FrSky and TBS based it off the same *reference design* that comes with the RF chipset they both use. R9 is not a clone, it's an *implementation* of the same, readily available chipset - which existed well before TBS decided to start using it.

• @Jeffers3094
    @Jeffers3094 5 ปีที่แล้ว

I'm a thumber and I hate the X-lite, exactly what you said, gimbals are far too small. Bought one, flew it twice, hated it, sold it and went back to my X9D.
    Also can we have radios that don't stab your thumbs? Spektrum is really bad in this regard. Please don't use spiky sticks, they make long sessions uncomfortable.

• @TheRCAddict
    @TheRCAddict 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Every third day 6:30 am bahahah

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

Every third frikin day but always on Saturday and Sunday morning.

• @Guffy686
    @Guffy686 5 ปีที่แล้ว

If you need bigger resolution of your sticks just unscrew stick-ends.

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

they become too tall to be comfortable holding. Too far from the palm of your hand.

• @mrbutchee1
    @mrbutchee1 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Jumper T12 for them folks that thumb. Still small gimbles, but easy to reach the full travel. However, I have yet need to use the full travel of said gimbles.

• @burkanfpv4904
    @burkanfpv4904 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Hey , so my taranis qx7 died and i ordered Jumper t16. My question is: it will be hard for me to get use to the stick travel or its just first or second battery problem.

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

it'll be a bit annoying and you'll probably need to reduce your rates a little but I wouldn't expect too big of an issue.

• @burkanfpv4904

KababFPV my rates are:
      rc rate:63
      super: 70 and 65
      And this is super low like 420 degrees for p and r, but i will reduce them a bit if it's needed

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

@@burkanfpv4904 so you should probably be totally fine

• @burkanfpv4904

KababFPV yeah but i'm reaching full stick sooooo much

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@burkanfpv4904 you'll just do more full stick with this one then 😅. I personally use the x9 lite because it fits my hand better and the gimbals are almost full travel. Like 97% travel

• @ChristKrew-Rev1.8
    @ChristKrew-Rev1.8 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Are you using lua script with this radio to change vtx settings? I am ready to throw my X9D+ in the trash....lol I do not mind doing the goggle thing but why have the ability of telemetry and not be able to use. it.

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Na I never did any scripts like that. I still prefer the x9d over this too because it has full size gimbals.

• @castrocakes
    @castrocakes 5 ปีที่แล้ว +11

*Mows lawn everyday*
    Just boomer things.

• @JohnDBloch
      @JohnDBloch 5 ปีที่แล้ว

My neighbor mows his lawn so much he leaves the mower outside in the yard

• @arroweyraud8267
      @arroweyraud8267 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Once a week is fine but every 3 days like damn save some gas for the rest of us

• @rcaircraft-rchobbies7309
    @rcaircraft-rchobbies7309 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Will any of the current hall gimbal replacements jumper has for the t12 fit this radio.....anybody?

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

Unlikely. I'm pretty sure no

• @oriondrones2030
    @oriondrones2030 5 ปีที่แล้ว

I just bought this radio and I am looking for some resources for this radio. Ops manual, how to get it to turn off, specs

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

Hold the power button to turn off. It should have a good amount of documentation online

• @oriondrones2030
      @oriondrones2030 5 ปีที่แล้ว

@@Kabab thanks I'm at configuring channels in openTX atm. Taking a break. Battery died. Need to adjust brightness and such. Cheers.

• @VinceIrie
    @VinceIrie 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I have the same thing man...I need that extra travel/throw (like x9D) on my sticks or else I fly like shit :s Shame that so many remotes come out with these smaller gimbals.

• @SebastienBoutholeau
    @SebastienBoutholeau 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Bob have you tried simply unscrewing bit you pinch to adjust the length? More length = more leverage = less centre clunk = more throw

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

It becomes too tall then. Unwieldily.

• @DAGODER
    @DAGODER 5 ปีที่แล้ว

What quad was that you where flying?

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

The Glide with Flywoo 2306 1750kv, gemfan 5146.6 and 6S 1050mah

• @randol160
    @randol160 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Will it fit in my betaflight hive backpack though? That'd be a deal killer for me.

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว

ooh that's a good question. I'm not sure it will fit in the controller designated spot of the bag. It's not much bigger than the X9D so it should

• @randol160
      @randol160 5 ปีที่แล้ว

@@Kabab Hmmm. That would be interesting for sure. I know my Q X7 barely fits but I think it's slightly bigger than the x9d as well.

• @Kabab
      @Kabab  5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@randol160 it'll probably fit. It's narrower than the Qx7 but a little longer than the x9d