[Review] - Logitech G29 vs Thrustmaster T300

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 26 ส.ค. 2024
  • Hey guys,
    First of all this is based purely on my opinion and experiences with both wheels. I've used both for months on end so feel I have a good opinion on what is good and bad with regards to the wheels. I reviewed the T300 with the inclusion of the better pedals (T3PA) pedals otherwise yes, the stock pedals would have been a bad point.
    This video comes after countless questions into which wheel you should buy/get. Wasn't sure how to present this so did it this way! You may prefer to listen while doing/viewing something else!
    Wheel Settings: • [PCars PS4] - G29 & T3...
    I welcome any comments you have on this topic!
    Enjoy :)
    ======================================
    Tidgney Website: www.Tidgney.com
    Tidgney Twitter: / tidgney

ความคิดเห็น • 484

• @84Justino
    @84Justino 5 ปีที่แล้ว +73

The "black thing" is actually a built in brake mod. Many people modified their pedals to put it in. That's gives you the progressive braking, as the potentiometer is non linear. It increases a lot once you reach the rubber black thing. Taking it off will make it more difficult to control your brake points... But probably you are use to it so it's fine. Funny how one of the best features of this pedals is highlighted as a bad thing. People actually replace that by a stronger one, and the is actually a load cell you can assemble on these.

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  5 ปีที่แล้ว +9

Cheers for the info, I do know what it's for, or what it's trying to do but it doesn't work. Well actually there's been an update and now you can't calibrate the pedals anymore so yes you're right it's now bad to take it out. The problem with it though, and it still is a fundamental problem is that the range is reduced, meaning braking accuracy is reduced (It's all distance based) it's the same as 1080 vs 900 steering.
      A load cell is a completely different ball game however and I've talked about that in my other review :).

• @ThePassad
      @ThePassad 5 ปีที่แล้ว +3

I totally agree, the black rubber is fantastic imo, i dont understand why people take it out, maybe its because im only play gt sport, so i dont know how it feels in other games, but compared to T-GT pro pedals i tried yesterday, i prefer my g29 stock pedals 100%

• @hippoeug
      @hippoeug 5 ปีที่แล้ว +5

TidgneyRacing Why should people watch your reviews then?

• @jessehackett4983
      @jessehackett4983 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Just goes to show he has no fuckin clue what he is talking about...

• @jessehackett4983
      @jessehackett4983 4 ปีที่แล้ว

@@ThePassad its cause he has no idea wtf hes talking about...

• @swine13
    @swine13 4 ปีที่แล้ว +61

Thrustmaster just sounds so seedy. Id hate to ever tell people that i was at home alone, playing with my thrustmaster.

• @pizza_parker9689
      @pizza_parker9689 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Lieutenant Luxury hmm

• @sambuckingham3971
      @sambuckingham3971 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Hey dude, had to say hi as due to a massive coincidence I am also not Sean Lock!

• @vaux_manvv7520
      @vaux_manvv7520 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Funny 🤙🤙🤙🤙🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• @turbofluttr7073
      @turbofluttr7073 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Got some confidence issues buddy? I can talk about it. Lmao

• @racingbeats1493
    @racingbeats1493 5 ปีที่แล้ว +43

When around 40% of the reviews on Thrustmaster wheels indicate that they needed 1 or more replacement I just can't justify getting one knowing, for the most part, it will break relatively soon.

• @kristupasantanavicius9093
      @kristupasantanavicius9093 5 ปีที่แล้ว +30

Its because reviews are always disproportionate towards negative side. Majority of people who don't encounter any problems simply do not leave reviews (this is true for any product, not just wheels). However, majority of people who encounter a problem will leave a negative review.

• @racingbeats1493
      @racingbeats1493 5 ปีที่แล้ว +8

@@kristupasantanavicius9093 yes...but it's still indicative of a defective product. If 20 people leave a bad review on a product and 250 people leave a bad review on a similar product guess which one I'm buying

• @_.Eduard.__
      @_.Eduard.__ 4 ปีที่แล้ว +8

i had the G920 had to replace it 2 times, now I have a T300RS and it works very well I have no problems with it :))

• @ChubbyMcChuckle
      @ChubbyMcChuckle 4 ปีที่แล้ว +9

@@racingbeats1493 It all depend on per how many thousand units sold, we don't know if 20 people leave negative reviews how wide spread quality control issues are because we don't actually know how many they've sold over the life of the product. We don't know what the failure rate actually is. The T300 is for example came out in 2014. If they've sold 7,000 wheels a year and 99% of them are still working even if we remove wheels sold in 2019 that are still under warranty that would still be over 21,000 wheels.
      A lot of people get into sim racing through a gateway game like Gran Turismo, most people game on a console when you look at something like steam stats and the problem with steam stats is they include people on lower end desktops and laptops. A lot of people have a hard time justifying spending hundreds of dollars on wheel when that's the cost of a new console or several new games. As a result Logitech and Thrustmaster sell a lot of these wheels because of the value. I think they actually sell a lot more wheels than we realize making the failure rates likely very low. Another consideration is having realistic expectations for either of these wheels that use more plastic and have less active cooling compared to something like a Fanatec which isn't a fair comparison based on MSRP. If we're going to compare something to the CSL Elite a more apples to apples comparison would be something like a Thrustmaster T-GT.

• @GlycerinZ
      @GlycerinZ 4 ปีที่แล้ว +7

I"ve owned 3 Logi wheels, 1 bought brand new and 2 bought used.. they all worked flawlessly.

• @MrQuitoso
    @MrQuitoso 3 ปีที่แล้ว +8

I had a G29 and just got a Thrustmaster T300. My only regret is not swapping any sooner. The wheel base is a million light years away much better. No more clunckiness and iyou can feel the car so much more. No regrets.

• @DavidGarcia-oi5nt
      @DavidGarcia-oi5nt 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Yeah? Do you still feel this way? My T300 is in the mail rn and upgrading from a G29 and was having doubts that I wasn't receiving a large enough upgrade to justify buying an entirely new wheel base a year after buying the G29

• @dghdh97
    @dghdh97 7 ปีที่แล้ว +65

To be honest, I'm not going to recommend the T300 to anyone anymore. The wheel is showing way too little reliability. I will mention it, but not recommend it.
    I will be advising the G29, (worst case the T150), the TS PC_RACER (if they are on PC) and then the new Fanatec wheel. I can't advice the T300. It's been too much happening.
    Great review though. Love to hear comparisons!

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  7 ปีที่แล้ว +10

Cheers Raske. It is so frustrating with these issues, the amount of people that have had issues is insane to be honest.

• @joshuadekruif2870
      @joshuadekruif2870 7 ปีที่แล้ว

raskemenn4444 I

• @kosta1605
      @kosta1605 6 ปีที่แล้ว +5

It's why I just went with the g29. So many people say the t300 only has months for a life span were the g29 has years and years.

•  6 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for this.. I will be getting the G29 instead.. how about the T500 reliability? I know it's a different price point.. but I am just asking the
      reliability.

• @kenalvin1788
      @kenalvin1788 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi there still confuse to get g29 or t300gt is the deadzone on g29 worse? And the t300gt reliability worse as well?

• @Max__apex
    @Max__apex 7 ปีที่แล้ว +58

Quality review because it was super balanced review.
    Plus you did give insightful stuff

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  7 ปีที่แล้ว +5

Glad you liked it! I try and be honest and literally as I'm not sponsored by anything it can only be honest and what I've experienced :)!

• @PSVR777
    @PSVR777 6 ปีที่แล้ว +17

I have the g29 and shifter. Let me tell you!! This baby with the Play Stayion VR is one of the most unbelievable experiences in viedogames I have ever had! Dirt Rally VR with the g29 and shifter are SIMPLY AMAZING!!!

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

G29 is a great wheel! Not used the playstation VR yet but I have used VR and it's bloody brilliant :D!

• @xkastl3z
    @xkastl3z 5 ปีที่แล้ว +8

The G29 has been amazing for my first wheel! It’s my only reference currently! But based on multiple reviews! I stand by the choice!

• @gammasmash1924
      @gammasmash1924 4 ปีที่แล้ว

How is the "notchiness" I keep hearing about in the G29? Is it really *that* noticeable?

• @jonathanisrael1707
      @jonathanisrael1707 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@gammasmash1924 Notchy notch

• @justinchesser322
    @justinchesser322 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I got the T300RS GT set which includes the upgraded T3PA three pedal set instead of the plastic 2 pedal junk for $250 on Amazon Warehouse "Like New" condition (it was unused just open box). Anyone interested should search for deals like this because it swings the price to performance back to the T300 and there are tons of add-ons and upgrades for TM ecosystem as well. The Logitech shifter is a plastic toy compared to the TM H-pattern offering. I completely agree with your assessment here, and good video btw! 👍

• @snowman22ism
    @snowman22ism 6 ปีที่แล้ว +18

removing the "black plastic thing" discredits you completely. That thing makes the brakes feel amazing.

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  6 ปีที่แล้ว +4

That's your opinion though, and if you read through the comments it appears as though there's 2 black plastic varieties in these pedals. One as solid as a rock (The one I've had) and one which is far less solid. I'm hoping to put a test together at some point to show how much force is required to disfigure this black plastic thing (I've put my full weight on it and it doesn't disfigure). My pedals do not simulate braking either in a race car and definitely not in a road car with that in so it's required to be removed for me.

• @CheesyTornado
      @CheesyTornado 5 ปีที่แล้ว

thats also my opinion.

• @ihababbas9863
      @ihababbas9863 5 ปีที่แล้ว

It's all about what kind of breaking feel you wanna get. It has nothing to do with anything else. I mean it doesn't distinguish a real Sim racer from an arcade racer it's just old about how do you feel the break under your foot.

• @Ihelpanytime
    @Ihelpanytime 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I bought G29 for that lovely manual transmission

• @Saboda53
    @Saboda53 5 ปีที่แล้ว +5

I had a T500 RS and, while I appreciated its feel and feedback, it proved to be quite unreliable. Worse, Thrustmaster had me jumping through hoops to have it fixed under warranty. Very unpleasant experience! So I purchased a Logitech Driving Force GT which was as reliable as my toaster. And now I have a G29 for my PS4 for same reasons.

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  5 ปีที่แล้ว

Ye some wheels they make have been a bit frustrating with the Thrustmaster. The T-GT I have however has been superb! G29 as in this video is definitely the best wheel for price for performance!

• @averageracing2705
    @averageracing2705 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

OMG,... Thanks for the info on the G29's black rubber thingy on the brake. My brother was complaining about this G29's brake and ended up using his G25 pedals because he was barely able to break.

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  5 ปีที่แล้ว

Yup that's literally the reason, although I think they've changed the way the pedal works as it didn't calibrate last time I tried it :(!

• @xpane
    @xpane 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Very well done. Very informative. Didn't know so many options for the T 300 RS existed. Wish I would have seen this before I bought mine last week. . Thank you for this, it opened my eyes.

• @dusunsniper
    @dusunsniper 4 ปีที่แล้ว +9

It's been hard for me to choose either g29 or t300. Fuck it, i think i'm just gonna play NFS Heat using my dualshock controller then.

• @smoof1973
      @smoof1973 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Please tell me you made up your mind a year later, bro.

• @hibye9936
      @hibye9936 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@smoof1973 I wonder if he did?🤔

• @JeffWeselyan
      @JeffWeselyan 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I agree it hard for me to pick wish I have 5 years experiment just borrow for 5 years each wheel then eliminate the ones

• @dusunsniper
      @dusunsniper 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Sorry guys, but i didn't buy it, seems like i need the money for something much more important hahaha

• @Konnecta-kb9gg
    @Konnecta-kb9gg 5 ปีที่แล้ว +8

Waiting for my g29 to arrive... can't wait. Great review

• @gammasmash1924
      @gammasmash1924 5 ปีที่แล้ว

How is the G29 working for you?

• @keppycs
      @keppycs 4 ปีที่แล้ว

@Corrupted Dino which other option is better at that price range with little reliability issues?

• @ivoplojhar9219
      @ivoplojhar9219 4 ปีที่แล้ว

@Corrupted Dino what the fuck man? This wheel is best for its price.

• @andrewweaver8687
      @andrewweaver8687 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Just about to buy either the g29 or the T300. Is the Logitech still working great?

• @ThatBeTheQuestion
    @ThatBeTheQuestion 5 ปีที่แล้ว +4

I got a bad batch on my wheel, too (and it's warranty replacement unit), but the issues are far more severe. Honestly, I'm probably going to replace it with a Fanatec setup eventually.

• @jack5exe312
    @jack5exe312 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

mans never heard of what rubber is

• @misconduct6845
    @misconduct6845 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

im like 4 years late but, through those years from my experience, the t300 is better in terms of performance, but the g29 will last you a lifetime

• @MondoMarcy94
    @MondoMarcy94 6 ปีที่แล้ว +12

The black thing you took out from the brake pedal is there to make you brake better, it's based on muscle memory, which means that after a while your legs learn how much force they have to put on the pedal. If you take it off your leg has to use his motion memory, and on a short throw it's way harder to use than muscle memory. If you actually buy a nice set of pedals, you will notice that they are based on the same thing. Also it's more similar to the real pedal that you find on a car

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  6 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I know what it's trying to simulate it doesn't do it though. Although apparently there's 2 types of blocks in the g29, one is softer and has a better feel, this one is solid. I could stand on it and it wouldn't change shape! But even without the block you can still get muscle memory, it's not entirely flat like the DFGT or any similar cheaper pedals and there's still resistance there.
      But the block definitely doesnt' simulate a brake pedal in a real car. For road use no brake pedal feels like that as they are electronically assisted which is why when you try left foot braking initially you go through the window haha :D! In race cars, yes there is more force needed to brake but to actually brake 100% on this pedal with that block in I'm not sure how much power you need. Certainly more than when I drove an F3000, JP-LM or Renault Clio Race Car so it doesn't do the job for me in my opinion.

• @purinsane8166
      @purinsane8166 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Marcello Pitzanti totally agree that block might feel stiff at first but after a while it does soften up all he did was degrade his brake pedal lol each to their own tho I suppose

• @PintilieVasile
    @PintilieVasile 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

4:10 From I understand, they also made some tweaks into the firmware, so even if you removed the black rubber piece, you still have the custom curve in the firmware.

• @AM-1986
    @AM-1986 7 ปีที่แล้ว +5

G29 is better buy because you get good wheel and pedals for 280 euro but T300rs+ T3PA costs 430 euro in my country web shops. One friend T500rs get broken after 3 days and one friend use T300rs 4months and same thing. Belts get loose over time and you must change it. When i want good simracing wheel i better take some direct drive wheel and pay 24 months for it.

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  7 ปีที่แล้ว

That's literally the way I would go right now to be honest. G29 followed by a Direct Drive now that they are all heading in that sort of direction!

• @DuBstep115
      @DuBstep115 6 ปีที่แล้ว

T300 RS GT edition that comes with T3PA is priced 320e

• @jamescooper989
      @jamescooper989 6 ปีที่แล้ว

AM 1986 the g28 costs £230 and the T300RS gt is £260

• @jairon_2518
      @jairon_2518 6 ปีที่แล้ว

James Cooper In my country, Spain, I got the G29 + Shifter + Assetto Corsa for Ps4 for 240€, and the T300 offers started at the price level of 260€ (with no shifter, game and with the bad version of pedals). I even saw the G29 base pack (wheel + pedals) for 128£ on Black Friday on Amazon UK. I got it for 189€ on Amazon Spain because of guarantee, support, etc. But for 128£ it's definitely worth the money!
      The G29 actually competes more with the T150 (which is as the price of 160€). And their pedals are not even comparable.

• @Aircraftlol
    @Aircraftlol 5 ปีที่แล้ว +6

Wow, I was about to buy a used thrustmaster wheel, does not seem great with no warranty and reliability issue !

• @pdrombs
      @pdrombs 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thrustmaster has warranty and is way better than the old g29

• @jbourgeois5092
    @jbourgeois5092 7 ปีที่แล้ว +4

G29 or T150 + T3PA pedals
    ignoring price, which option would you go with??

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  7 ปีที่แล้ว

I honestly can't say as I've never used a T150. If I was to choose between wheels and I'd n ever used them, then personally I'd go g29 based on the fact I had used a g27.

• @theenhancedmatrix3127
      @theenhancedmatrix3127 7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

T150 is a Gear and Belt system, so it's better than G29.

• @r6201sk
      @r6201sk 7 ปีที่แล้ว

T150+t3pa

• @Leec78
      @Leec78 5 ปีที่แล้ว

T150 has a design fault which I need to inform thrustmaster about. Don't buy one.

• @daverich2499
    @daverich2499 7 ปีที่แล้ว +8

The rubber block is there to add resistance and modulation, like a real car, the g27 did not have one so you were forced to buy an aftermarket one, so many people were buying it that in the g29 they added it as standard. the majority of pedals on the market for the last few years all have a rubber or similar block in or a load cell, if they didnt people would complain. You have basical downgraded your pedals back to g27 pedals. When you reach the rubber block, keep pressing! Its a simulated load cell and would be awful without it. Make sure you have your pedals against a wall or hardmounted and the block makes the brake feel fantastic, although it's still not really that hard to press in, you can can still buy aftermarket rubber blocks and springs to make it even harder to push in. Brake pedals should never be smooth and linear, they should be hard to press in and the force should increase when pressed.

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  7 ปีที่แล้ว

Hey Dave. I know what it's trying to simulate but it doesn't do it very well, you physically can't get the pedal down after awhile so you lose some of the precision of the brake. When I raced in the F3000 and JP-LM in real life recently, I could still go all the way to the bottom and the brake was hard but linear throughout the braking to 100%. When I mean linear I mean a gradual increase in pressure as well, not an instant wall and impossible to press the pedal (Which was the case with this block, I physically could stand on it and it wouldn't move) .
      The rubber block in the g29 definitely does not simulate that correctly and the g29 pedals without them has a far better feeling in my opinion. But it's all about opinions at the end of the day, majority of people I speak to prefer it without, while you and 1 other have said they prefer it with (Or I assume you do at least).

• @daverich2499
      @daverich2499 7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

The brake is incredibly easy to get all the way to the bottom, so much so that you can upgade it to a stiffer ones. If you personaly can't get it to the bottom, i have no idea why unless you have very weak legs, or have the pedals sat on the floor not mounted or up against anything, which means they pedals will move before the brake. Out of all the mid to high brakes on the market today, the g29 is by far and away the easiest to fully push in, my mate has fanatec clubsports with an actual loadcell and you have to push way way harder to get it to 100% braking, my mates corsa requires more force, so i have no idea why yours is to stiff lol. Something very wrong with your pedals if you can stand on it, i can push it in with my hand....maybe you got a dud....real cars takes a ton more force....

• @daverich2499
      @daverich2499 7 ปีที่แล้ว

OK no worries it's just that you said in your video you were suprised to find the rubber and had no idea why it was there and they should take it out...I doubt you can stand on it, it's so easy to push in to reach 100% braking load that people upgrade to 2 more levels of stiffness. I can get to 100% braking with ease in assetto corsa.
      Another reviewer did a test, it takes a mere 28kilos of pressure to fully push it in, which is nothing for the human leg to achieve. My mates corsa takes more pressure to fully brake, and my housemate has clubsport pedals with a real load cell which seem to require way way more force to me. I can push it in to 100% even using one hand, never mind my feet, so if you can stand on it either you weigh a lot less than 28kg which i doubt, or you have a dud, but it doesn't look like it from the vid. A lot more force is required in just a road car so i don't think a F3000 car would take less......not driven one though so i can't say but even my push bike needs 10 kilos of force to pull the slx brakes all the way in, and i do that with one finger...i tested it with digital luggage scales and they reached 10 kilos when it was all the way in on my push bike...Something very wrong with yours if you can stand on it.
      Just googled it, it can take 350lb of pressure on the brake in an f1 car, (depending on speed etc) that's about 159 kilos. Going slower might only be around 90 kilos etc and gforce helps, but still, a lot more than the g29 pedals lol. Maybe you had power assisted brakes in the cars you drove? I am honestly very confused why you can't brake fully, not knocking the review or anything, just a bit confusing as I can quite easy and I have very skinny legs.

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Hey Dave,
      I'm not sure what the difference is between the pedals but I've physically put my ENTIRE weight on the black blocks and they do not disfigure (In all 3 pedals they didn't). Unless something has significantly changed with the material recently you definitely can't even with a massive amount of pressure put the brake pedal to the floor with it in. The race cars I tried didn't have brake assistance so it required force :P and trust me my legs aren't weak :P I do, do leg day haha :) and also cycle!
      I have used a brake cell on simulators around the country and know how they feel and the g29 with this black object in doesn't feel the same way, it's definitely a hindrance (in my opinion) vs a help and as I say most people I speak to remove this or if they haven't try it and fall in love with the pedals. But as I said in the videos I've had 3 different pedals and they all had the same black object in which was unmovable, once removed they felt great. I'm more surprised they put it in as it should be like the T3PA and probably be out and only added if you wanted, or let the companies that design good load cells sell the additional bits.
      Thanks for the comments though, gives people a good idea of differing opinions!

• @daverich2499
      @daverich2499 7 ปีที่แล้ว

No problem, ive never taken mine out and have only seen 1 other review were the guy takes it out but that was because he did't mount the pedals so they moved, but all i know is getting to 100% braking with it is very easy on mine, you can feel it squashing, so maybe they changed the density or something, i only bought mine this year. 3drap.it sell different ones, but tthey are hollow so you might get on better with theirs. Link if you ever feel like trying them is www.3drap.it/simracing-mod/ , you can also upgrade your shifter with their parts so it is stiffer :)
      Interesting on the 3drap.it site they show a chart, and on that chart it says the original block only takes 10kg of pressure to fully push in, the guy that tested his by pushingit in with scales on top said 28kg full load, and the stiffest one 3drap.it sells is 28kg, so maybe they did change it and i have the 10kg one...interesting. If you use progresive spring mods they also sell a load cell that goes inside the spring i think that is blue. They made a video here showing how to fit it and testing the orig with scales at th-cam.com/video/Q84bHyB-1RQ/w-d-xo.html

• @emptyplayeryt3322
    @emptyplayeryt3322 5 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Thanks for the video Tidgney! I ended up getting the Thrustmaster TS300 with the upgraded Pedals. What wheel are you using nowadays on GT Sport?

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Cheers :)! I'm using the T-GT at the moment, and I'm really enjoying it!

• @Marco-dr5ho
      @Marco-dr5ho 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Nick J , did you have any reliability problem in the meantime?

• @pontushaggstrom6261
    @pontushaggstrom6261 5 ปีที่แล้ว +4

The only wheel i have and ever had i a g27. It has never failed me (except for the buttons on the wheel that stopped working a year ago) and it just keeps going. Force feedback is quite good, altough it can be a bit noicy and clunky. But ive had this wheel for probably almost 5 years or so, and im still usin ig today

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I absolutely loved my g27, absolutely superb wheel!

• @pontushaggstrom6261
      @pontushaggstrom6261 5 ปีที่แล้ว

TidgneyRacing about to get some mods for it too :D

• @victoryu2012
    @victoryu2012 3 ปีที่แล้ว

In Australia, G29 costs $379, T300rGT costs nearly double at $679, save yout hard earned cash n get G29 which also brings u loads of joys when sim racing, n I hate when ppl say G29 is toy, like they become real pro driver when using T300, lol come on, they are both toy for youngs and adults

• @theHurricane300
    @theHurricane300 7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Nice comparison Video. Thank you for that effort. :)

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  7 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Cheers :)!

• @Georgexx13
    @Georgexx13 7 ปีที่แล้ว +6

The T300 looks better by everything I've watched, but the rim is so much worse than the G29 in my opinion... I'll get the T300 though and hope to buy a better rim in the future *Taking into account not offers and stuff*

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  7 ปีที่แล้ว

Alcantara wheel for the T300 is great apparently!

• @Georgexx13
      @Georgexx13 7 ปีที่แล้ว

TidgneyRacing the problem it's the prize, but I'll see what I can find. Thanks for answering mate, your video was very helpful cheers ^^

• @Georgexx13
      @Georgexx13 7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Supertan Superman I've pretty much decided to get the standard T300 RS and upgrade it little by little with time

• @Georgexx13
      @Georgexx13 7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Supertan Superman thanks mate, people have been truly helpful here, cheers!

• @NicolaiBertelsen
      @NicolaiBertelsen 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Georgexx 13 what is a rim??

• @fonkyfoxx5545
    @fonkyfoxx5545 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I first got a G29 But i really didnt like the slow force feedback in it and its was just aggresive and vibarion way to much, So i returned it and now i just orderd the t300 rs gt edition, Hope they send a good one then.

• @michaelrobinson4165
    @michaelrobinson4165 5 ปีที่แล้ว +7

Logitech have the best warranty policy going my peddle broke after 3 years and they sent me a brand new wheel and peddles with a shifter without any issues and making me jump through hoops to get a replacement! Trust me g29 is way better than thrustmaster!! Belt driven wheels are no good just stick with gear driven wheels or jump straight up to direct drive! Stay well away from belt driven they will last you a year tops and for the price and the warranty policy it's now worth it!

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I had good support from the shop when I first had issues as I say in the video, haven't experienced it after though. Thanks for the comment, really good for other potential buyers.

• @michaelrobinson4165
      @michaelrobinson4165 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Not a problem my mate keep up the good work your a great youtuber and brilliant at GT sport 😎👍 get a lot of tips from you my friend 😁

• @hippoeug
      @hippoeug 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Hahahahahaha

• @michaelrobinson4165
      @michaelrobinson4165 5 ปีที่แล้ว

@@hippoeug what's so funny?

• @voongnz
    @voongnz 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Thinking about getting the G29 after reading bad reviews a out the T300. It's on sale right now, however, it seems like it is soon to be at the end of it's lifecycle. Should I still get it? Any news of a successor? G27 had a 5-year lifecycle, and the G29 is well into it's 4th year. Should I hold out for a possible new model??

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Tough choice. Personally I'd still get the g29 as you can always sell it on, especially if you can get the G29 on offer.

• @voongnz
      @voongnz 5 ปีที่แล้ว

@@tidgney cheers, still on the fence but trending towards getting it. You make a good point for it.

• @Orcification
    @Orcification 7 ปีที่แล้ว

Great review.
    I've been looking at these two wheels and I think now I have made my mind up.
    I just wish I had gone with my gut a few months ago when PC World had a cut price bundle deal including the shifter on the G29.
    Always wanted to buy a wheel for the PC as I've always loved driving games, but could never really justify the cost.
    I've always mainly been into flight sims etc and spent quite a bit on that.
    Now I have the rift and would love to try racing in that.
    Guess I'll wait and see if they repeat the deal. Fingers crossed. :)

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  7 ปีที่แล้ว

Cheers :D! The wheel makes a big difference, initially I thought it would be a gimmick (All the way back in 2011) but I've raced with it ever since and I love it :D! VR is even more awesome, again I thought that would be a gimmick but it's the complete opposite :O, really, really enjoyed trying VR!

• @MrCatseyes01
      @MrCatseyes01 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Orcification currys have the wheel g29 and shifter for £ 220 , I bought one yesterday

• @CamAnderson_21
    @CamAnderson_21 6 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Where did you buy your T300 from? £230 is really good.

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  6 ปีที่แล้ว

First one was from Amazon, second one was from a friend :). £230 was Amazon though :D

• @Comalv
    @Comalv 6 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Is that "Explosions in the Sky - Your Hand is Mine" in the beginning?

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  6 ปีที่แล้ว

Good question, I'm not entirely sure I got it from the youtube library though :).

• @weaseeel
    @weaseeel 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

my g29 used to squeak bu then it went away, should I be worried about the paddles breaking soon?

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Not necessarily, maybe just keep an eye out for it.

• @DstinctThunderz
    @DstinctThunderz 4 ปีที่แล้ว

so If u took this "Black Plastic thing" out would your pace become faster?

• @kawininji8874
    @kawininji8874 6 ปีที่แล้ว

In North America they're both $400 new and the newer T300 comes with 3 pedals no extra cost. But t3pa pro pedals and shifter are $150 each. So $700 in the end if you want a good thrustmaster set up

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  6 ปีที่แล้ว

To be honest you don't need the Pro pedals and Shifter although they are a great bonus. If you can get the T300 and T3PA for the same price as a g29 I would go with the T300!

• @PappaBoofy
    @PappaBoofy 6 ปีที่แล้ว +3

EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY?!???

• @jeffyes6536
    @jeffyes6536 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

So 2 years since this video and im wondering if these wheels are better now? Because every person i see that has or had a g29 or g920
    says that it had a defect or was outright just broken. I would like some opinions on what wheel i should get. I don't take sim racing seriously, i mainly use wheels for drifting.

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  4 ปีที่แล้ว

Personally I'd either get a G29 or go straight to a TGT.

• @benjimc1
      @benjimc1 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Had a G29 for 3 years no issue.

• @m8yplayer1
    @m8yplayer1 3 ปีที่แล้ว

i finnally found out WHY the t300 suddenly activate playstation button ,,or sometimes other button , it happens allot when standing up out of the seat and activate a button some time,s its becouse of STATIC electricity !! i fixed it with rubber plate under my pedals and also under mt wheel ! from that moment the isseu is FIXED !!

• @YouthFullGamers
    @YouthFullGamers 7 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Great review! Keep up the good work. I am looking to buy g29 or t300 rs gt, the g29 costs €300 here and the t300rs gt costs €350 i think it would be worth it to go with the t300rs gt but im worried about the reliability. do you think the t300 will be ok?
    Thanks in advance!

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  7 ปีที่แล้ว

The problem is it's impossible to answer the question on reliability :(! The only thing I can say really is that Thrustmaster have been great with me about fixing things as has Logitech. So if you take reliability out the equation a 50 euro difference (Does the t300 come with 3 pedals?) would probably mean the T300 is better. However if the T300 doesn't come with 3 pedals I'd probably be looking more at the g29!

• @YouthFullGamers
      @YouthFullGamers 7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thanks for the response! Yes the t300 comes with the T3PA pedals, so i think i'm going to buy the t300.

• @mataiterapreha
      @mataiterapreha 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Whats with the pricing difference country to country? In nz I bought my g29 for 460nzd but the t300rs gt is 788 nzd on sale! Are we getting ripped off or what?

• @thirdyv124
      @thirdyv124 6 ปีที่แล้ว

@supertan superman how's your t300rs gt edition today? still working?

• @lorenzosavarese206
    @lorenzosavarese206 7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

TidgneyRacing, With the same price, for my First wheel, You reccomend the g29 or the t300(stock pedals)? I don't know which wheel I have to buy because one have the dead zone issue and the other one have reliability problem (I stay in a hot place so I don't know of the reliability)

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  7 ปีที่แล้ว

g29 unless you can get the T300 with the better pedals in my book.

• @mynuggets_oz779
    @mynuggets_oz779 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

with the " slower gear shifts " can i ask were you using a auto clutch? eg project cars 2 auto clutch and Manuel clutch are 100% the same ( guessing why the different video )and i found that auto clutch wont drop gears as fast because of compression
    150 pro ive used for entire days and not even warm with high FFB and was worth the extra price just for the better FFB and it isnt loud like the G29
    @tidgneyRacing the T150 pro uses the same firmware as the RS300 etc i think alot of people would have that issue with wheels is they dont update them at first or dont install eg the thrustmaster software that makes a huge difference
    and price was $400 AUD for the T150 pro ( $228GBP ) so is a great entry level wheel and price :)

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I'll answer you all on this one :D! Most sim racers will use paddle shift for gears, in fact every sim racer I know uses paddle shifts for gears. The exception being the ultra simulation where you go VR, and want manual. Don't get me wrong occasionally people will use a shifter but for pure racing everyone I know uses the paddles so it is a significant point. It wasn't auto clutch I'm on about the pressing of the button with the gear shift, it was a significant difference and it is relevant in terms of TT times :). Haven't used a T150 so I can't really comment on it but T300 vs G29, g29 wins on price for performance and I've had so many problems with the T300 (2 of them that I can't rate them).

• @NoU-gc8hf
    @NoU-gc8hf 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I want to buy a steering wheel with a gear shifter at first I thought the g29 is a great option especially with its affordable gear shifter but then I did a bit of research and going on TH-cam finding out that it isn’t worth buying that thing and that it feels cheap whereas the thrust master gear shifter feels way better and has more quality
    So basically as a steering wheel and pedals the Logitech wins
    But as a gear-shifter the thrustmaster wins
    Which one should I go for I need something reliable

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  5 ปีที่แล้ว

The Thrustmaster is so much more expensive, even the shifter. If you want a shifter I'd go with the g29 without a doubt. I'd either do G29 vs Fanatec in my opinion!

• @ihababbas9863
      @ihababbas9863 5 ปีที่แล้ว

BTW there are some videos around to show you how to modify the G29 Shifter.

• @NoU-gc8hf
      @NoU-gc8hf 5 ปีที่แล้ว

thx a lot for the replies, they definitely helped, I’ll go with the g29

• @markweatherall7437
    @markweatherall7437 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Can the t300 plug into a crosshair converter to mimic a controller...

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Not 100% sure of this, apologies!

• @markweatherall7437
      @markweatherall7437 4 ปีที่แล้ว

For the record ReaSnow has comfirmed it does @@tidgney

• @ciri151
    @ciri151 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Looks like I'm the only one who likes the apearance of the g29. Doesn't look like a toy to me. Also if you're on pc and you don't like the colors, get the g920. it's more black and grey.

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  6 ปีที่แล้ว

I don't mind the appearance of it to be fair :)! Great shout with the g920 if someone doesn't like the g29!

• @drazenbudis7881
    @drazenbudis7881 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Is T300 really THAT unreliable? Is anyone here who actually didn't have problems with it?

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  6 ปีที่แล้ว +2

My 2 have been back a total of 6 times to Thrustmaster :O.

• @tonypj11
    @tonypj11 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Hey Tidgney, I just watched this video of your comparisons of the G29 vs the T300. I noticed this was published in 2017. Which one would you recommend for 2019-2020? I'm in the market for a wheel and a rig; money is not a huge issue, but I want to get some good use out of them both. I'm not an everyday racer such as yourself or others, but I do get a few hours in throughout the week. Any suggestions?

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Even more so now than ever I would go with a g29, as I reckon there's some new wheels on the horizon from both manufacturers ;)!

• @tonypj11
      @tonypj11 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Tidgney Thanks Mate! Appreciate that. What rig would you recommend for me to mount to?

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

My GT Omega Rig is pretty mega to be fair :D!

• @drgoomy6780
    @drgoomy6780 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

How can i stop the left sqweek on my g29 and when i play a F1 game my wheel Shakes like krayzie

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  5 ปีที่แล้ว

Left squeek is never good on G29. Get in touch with Logitech!

• @burntnugget1854
      @burntnugget1854 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Hey did you ever fix it and how!?
      Thanks for honest review

• @Max__apex
    @Max__apex 7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thank you for the video :)

• @garryburns6659
    @garryburns6659 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Well you get what you pay for i threw my G29 in the bin and bought the t300 rs-gt edition this has been the best move i have ever made going from a kids toy to a mans driving wheel and after 12 months of using it i've had no isues with it what so ever i've knocked of almost 6 seconds of my lap times its been an amazing turn around so get the t300 highly recomend it cheers👍🙂

• @katman2192
      @katman2192 2 ปีที่แล้ว

I bought t300 and didnt notice a slight difference from my old g29 dude

• @reviewforthetube6485
    @reviewforthetube6485 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

This is scary even going with the ts xw because I've heard some people get a stronger motor then others as you stated I saw one guy get one and he kept saying the ffb wasnt strong and I know for a fact it's supposed to be very strong well not very but you know strong just over 6nm that's petty good so it's just scary I'm really wanting to go with fanatec but I like the plug in play aspect of the thrustmaster so it's a hard choice for me and I love absolutely love the space thrustmaster wheel but the fanatec pedals are just outstanding I could egt the top of the line thrustmaster pedals but again now I'm up over the price of the fanatec and that just would make no sense to me lol

• @grahamkelly8662
    @grahamkelly8662 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Top video mate. I own g29 and am looking at Fanatec gear but I think I’ll buy the Thrustmaster if I can get a good deal. Is the t300 the 1 where you can remove the wheel and add F1 wheel etc? If not, do you know what wheel I’m talking about? Once again, great video 👍

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  3 ปีที่แล้ว

I don't think you can do that with the T300, can't really try it either unfortunately :(!

• @bigredracingteam9642
      @bigredracingteam9642 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Yes, you can remove the rim on the T300 and put on the F1 add on wheel rim.

• @grahamkelly8662

@@bigredracingteam9642 oh, cheers 👍

• @diamondscapex4443
    @diamondscapex4443 7 ปีที่แล้ว +2

My provlem is the stick shift... Its so much cheaper from logitech but on the thrustmaster you got better ffb and you can chamge the wheel if you ever want to.. hard desission

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  7 ปีที่แล้ว

Perhaps get the g29 you can always replace it later on and get the majority of the money back. Plus you don't know what wheels are coming out in the future :)!

• @diamondscapex4443
      @diamondscapex4443 7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

TidgneyRacing yeah i thought avout iz and ill get the t300 mainly because the stick shift is better and you can change the wheele on it (the g29 wheel seems so smal to me)

• @codyrap95
    @codyrap95 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Very good unbiased review thank you! I still can't believe the t300 at that cost has so much problems. The internet is full of people having all sorts of problems with it. Still people buy that shit. Why ?

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  6 ปีที่แล้ว

Hopefully you meant unbiased review haha :P, as I have no allegiance to either :). It's insane my 2 have had a total of 6 problems total which is kinda insane to be honest!

• @codyrap95
      @codyrap95 6 ปีที่แล้ว

TidgneyRacing Yeah sorry, I totally meant unbiased! :))))

• @KramerMaxim
    @KramerMaxim 7 ปีที่แล้ว

Great honest review! What cockpit do you have? Cheers!

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  7 ปีที่แล้ว

Hey, I have an RSeat :)!

• @NecroxProduction
    @NecroxProduction 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Do you really not know the difference between plastic and rubber?

• @jacgrobbelaar2425
    @jacgrobbelaar2425 5 หลายเดือนก่อน

Do you feel the rotation of gears on each other much more on the g29 vs T300?

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  4 หลายเดือนก่อน

You do feel it more on a G29

• @Molda22
    @Molda22 7 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for the review. How loud were your fans on the T300s you had? I bought new T300 a tested it and i was shocked how loud the wheel (fan) is. It is like a airplane jet engine. I wanted good wheel because i am doing lets plays of racing games and i heard that T300 is quiet wheel but that sound is very loud. Is it common with T300? Or is mine faulty? Thank you Ridgney for answer (or whoever will answer me) thanks

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  7 ปีที่แล้ว

Hmm interesting one, my fan is quite loud when nothing is on (Plugged into the USB), however when racing I can't hear it. Are you definitely sure it's the fan making the noise? I had a problem with my T300 which was a very loud electrical noise which wasn't the fan and coming from inside the base.

• @Molda22
      @Molda22 7 ปีที่แล้ว

Thank you so much for the reply. I am not sure what can cause the noise because it is my first T300 and to be honest my first modern day wheel, because before this i was using my old Logitech Momo for years and that wheel was completely silent and only noise from it was the wheel turning and FFB. But no sound from the base. So i am not sure how modern day wheels behave and sound, it is something that if not mentioned in reviews etc. I guess it is fan, because when i plug the wheel in, you can hear it, but its not bad, but it gets worse and worse when you play. Today i tried to set the FFB strenght in thrustmaster control panel from 75% to 50% and it was much much more quiet then yesterday but the problem with this was, that with that 50% setting in thrustmaster control panel, the ingame force feedback felt while driving like almost 0, like non existent, extremely light. (Dirt 4) Is it normal, that T300 would be so weak when set to 50%? And once again, thank you so much.

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  7 ปีที่แล้ว

The best way to determine if it's the fan is if you plug it in and don't use the wheel (Aslongs it's got power) and you hear a sound that might be the fan. Leave it plugged in and on for 1 hour and if the sound is louder then I've a funny feeling it's the same problem I had and I would definitely contact Thrustmaster. If it is seriously loud do contact Thrustmaster with a video and I'm sure they'll help!

• @Molda22
      @Molda22 7 ปีที่แล้ว

the thing is, i am from Czech Republic so i don't think i will be able to get any help from Thrustmaster here :(

• @Molda22
      @Molda22 7 ปีที่แล้ว

and the force feedback i described? Is yours also so weak that you cannot feel it when set on 50% strength in control panel?

• @Thiagoofficial85
    @Thiagoofficial85 6 ปีที่แล้ว

I had a G29 and it's definitely a great wheel. Now I got a T300 and I'm even more happy. Both are great but T300 wins in my opinion

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  6 ปีที่แล้ว

Exactly, I think T300 just on performance alone wins. Price for performance the G29 as it's cheaper in most countries.

• @theChramoX
    @theChramoX 5 ปีที่แล้ว

that black rubber thing, it try to emulate "loadcell" brake. only Fanatec csl elite LC (hox LC version) and Clubsport v3 has loadcell brake pedal, what is way better brake what g29 trys to be.

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I understand what it's trying to do (I literally own the Fanatec one), I portrayed it a little poorly in the video. However it does not emulate well and in fact, a potentiometer shouldn't try emulate a load cell because you actually are giving yourself a disadvantage (Which was what I was trying to say).

• @RaskalTheRabbit
    @RaskalTheRabbit 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Hey Tidgney, just a question...
    I'm thinking of upgrading to the TGT as it's the standard for the GT competitions. I've heard great things about the wheel but is it true the pedals aren't that great compared to the G29?
    You have used the TGT at the different finals and events, is it worth the 3x in price? Are the pedals really as bad as I've heard from some people?
    Any advice would be appreciated.

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

It is true regarding the pedals, the potentiometer in the G29 pedals are better I believe, and I'd also agree with that. But in terms of the wheel it's great for GT Sport. However if you're debating price then no, if you play other games then probably not, if you play just GT Sport and want the full experience with the wheel (With the dials and such) then it's kinda nice.

• @RaskalTheRabbit
      @RaskalTheRabbit 5 ปีที่แล้ว

@@tidgney Thanks mate. That's helped me make up my mind, think I'll go Fanatec... great pedals from what I've seen from Super GT & Simgirl, and those new direct drive systems look nice, though I'll probably just go Elite. Seems all you good drivers do so they must be good value for money.

• @MadelnMachines
    @MadelnMachines 6 ปีที่แล้ว

I can get the G29 for £155 with the gear shifter. The T300 GT with the good pedals and no shifter is £270. Add on £125 for pedals and it's going to be a £240 difference. I'm surprised on the reliability front that such expensive gaming accessories have such unreliable build quality.

• @rednitro3883
    @rednitro3883 3 ปีที่แล้ว

My times improved when i went from Trustmaster 150 to a G29.
    The 150 is cheaper so its a step up.
    Only downside i feel is that i really got to get used to the break pedal.
    Its responds so quick and feel a bit heavy.

• @kellme1150
      @kellme1150 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Fellow 150 owner. Should i upgrade my wheel to a g293. I want a g92 becouse of the prices of thrustmaster pedals and shifter cost more in total than a brand new wheel. Should i or should i not?

• @rednitro3883
      @rednitro3883 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@kellme1150 its absolutly an improvement. Just alone for the pedals wich are better quality. The force feedback from the G29 is better aswell.
      So yes, its an improvement overall.

• @TrendingPendingVideos
    @TrendingPendingVideos 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Please help me..... G29 OR T150???
    I heard force feedback is better in t150...... I can only afford one of these 2 so yeah
    I heard g29 and shifter you don’t need to use the clutch to change gear with shifter which defeats the point right? Or is that just a problem with game they had?
    So it’s g29 with shifter and pedals or t150 wheel only cuz I cannot afford shifter too..................
    I want better feedback so I heard t150 but then g29 has shifter so idk what to get???
    G29 is cheaper if I buy the wheel only than t150 but if I got the shifter pack then it’s cheaper still as of value
    So idk?
    Also does the forcefeedback on any of these powerful enough to force my hands to move if that makes sense? Like overpower me basically? Like can feedback put up a fight against me lol ( I tried one at a game thing and when you crash it literally hurt ur wrist cuz it spins and it was powerful enough to force me to let go lol or is that only expensive ones?

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  5 ปีที่แล้ว

Hey mate, unfortunately I've never used a T150 so I couldn't possibly comment on that wheel I'm afraid. Needing to use the clutch is literally game specific not necessarily a wheel issue. Wheels can be made as light or as heavy as you wish so I wouldn't worry about that to much with the FFB :).

• @TrendingPendingVideos
      @TrendingPendingVideos 5 ปีที่แล้ว

@@tidgney i got one now been playin forza and asset corsa
      i doint drive in real life so im not sure what to make of this apart from it seems hard to turn
      like in hypercars irl you could go round corners at around 60mph right> well i cant on games and i could on a controller at 100 mph lol
      plus on forza the steering seems stupid stiff but im not sure if thats how its meant to be though>?
      yes ive tried weaking the settings but how hard is the truning meant to be like ??

• @navext
    @navext 7 ปีที่แล้ว

I really like the t300 over g29 but my big concern is the home button issue . This happen very frequently?

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  7 ปีที่แล้ว

It happened to a friend recently I think it's just a PS4 issue as well as the button is mapped on PC and it doesn't happen on there?? It's a strange on it's only happened that once and not had it happen since, so just a rare thing I guess?

• @elchivato9006
    @elchivato9006 7 ปีที่แล้ว

Great Vid Man

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  7 ปีที่แล้ว

• @tiduskiller95
    @tiduskiller95 7 ปีที่แล้ว

Great video mate ;)

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

• @fondfarewell2
    @fondfarewell2 4 ปีที่แล้ว

yo tidg. today the price is almost the same now , but in favor of the t300rs. It was just a month or 2 ago I was going to get the g29 for 200us$ but now on Amazon they are 400+. Do you still stand by this video as far as getting the t300? Also is the fanatec for ps4 worth the extra 150?

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  4 ปีที่แล้ว

Fanatec worth the extra 150 by a country mile!

• @cesare4214
    @cesare4214 6 ปีที่แล้ว +5

everyone who wants a thrustmaster t300 without having to spend alot of money to upgrade pedals and having to wait for delivery, buy the GT edition, dont torture yourself, Thrustmaster t300rs GT edition, get it
    its way better than anything Logitech has to offer

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  6 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I might ask Thrustmaster to see if I can review one!

• @Tom-ud8js
      @Tom-ud8js 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Worth getting instead a g29? I am not going to buy another gear box either so..

• @plowking813
      @plowking813 6 ปีที่แล้ว

TM all the way

• @jimiata
    @jimiata 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Great review !!!! is it me or the con things of the t300 are worse than the con things of g29 ? i am lookin for wheel and i am betwin them '' closer to t300 '' but i thing g29 is more reliable , this is the most imortant to me , and beter value for money

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Glad you liked it! It may sound like more of a con and it is with reliability especially. However when it works it is a better wheel so it's a hard one. G29 if same price or cheaper I always so go far otherwise if money is no option potentially you then look ahead of the T300 to Fanatec or maybe the T500?

• @smokingred6699
    @smokingred6699 7 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi, I get a g29 for 180€ and a t500rs for 250€ what would you do?

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  7 ปีที่แล้ว

Between those 2 I'd probably go for the T500rs. However do note that teh T500 paddles don't move with the wheel!

• @busbyboy77
    @busbyboy77 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Good review, thanks 👍

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Cheers, glad you liked it :)!

• @Dan-yc6ol
    @Dan-yc6ol 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi. I found the G29 for 188£ with shifter. Do you think is worth it considering I have no budget for extra stuff for the Thrustmaster?

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  4 ปีที่แล้ว

Personally if money is tight like that I'd want for a deal to come around. G29 can be had for as low as £120-£130 so will save you a fair bit of ££

• @Dan-yc6ol
      @Dan-yc6ol 4 ปีที่แล้ว

@@tidgney I didn't know that. Thanks. I guess I'll wait for a better deal.

• @jaushuafredzess4606
    @jaushuafredzess4606 7 ปีที่แล้ว

R the pedal sticks made of plastic on the t300

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  7 ปีที่แล้ว

The stock pedals on the t300 are plastic yes.

• @p3rrypm
    @p3rrypm 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Are the T300 paddle shifters on the wheel or on the Servo? I currently have a TMX Pro and think it’s great for the money, but I hate that my shifters rotate with the wheel!

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

They are on the base, so no need to worry for the paddles to move :).

• @harrygaylordrums
      @harrygaylordrums 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Lol

• @FocusStudiosJA
    @FocusStudiosJA 5 ปีที่แล้ว

can i please get a gaming wheel old or new that is compatible with pc ill really really appreciate it i live in Jamaica and steering wheels are impossible to find because they dont sell here and amazon is not compatible with my country please help me in any way you can

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  5 ปีที่แล้ว

Is there no way you can import from America, or even have a trip to america or the closest country that sells them?

• @FocusStudiosJA
      @FocusStudiosJA 5 ปีที่แล้ว

@@tidgney im very poor i dont have a visa or passport my parents never traveled it was my sister who game me a computer

• @mypointofview5400
    @mypointofview5400 7 ปีที่แล้ว

Did I miss it? Or there was really no review of the stock pedals?

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  7 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I the description and also in the video I mention that I wouldn't be reviewing the T300 stock pedals as I find them awful and reviewed the T300 based on the T3PA pedals (So I priced it up as such) :).

• @Bae_Cha
    @Bae_Cha 4 ปีที่แล้ว

I had hard time choosing between those two. And I went for g29. I'm pretty satisfied so far. I actually liked t300 steering wheel little bit more but I love the g29 padal much much more. Also considering price, g29 was better product for me

• @gammasmash1924

How is the "notchiness" I keep hearing about with the G29?

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  4 ปีที่แล้ว

Price for performance I've always said G29 is better, T300 better wheel, better pedals on G29 which is why it wins :P!

• @gammasmash1924

@@tidgney Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm going to go for the G29.

• @essentialone1
    @essentialone1 5 ปีที่แล้ว

I managed to snag my G920 and shifter for £150 for both at PC World, they always putting Logitech wheels on sale, only thing I don't like about my G920 is that it rips the hell out of your hands, gloves are needed, And I don't like the brake peddle, its solid hard.

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  5 ปีที่แล้ว

Sounds like the forcefeedback needs to be changed a little. Strong FFB isn't always the way :D! The brake pedal is the weak part I have to say :(.

• @rickervine
    @rickervine 6 ปีที่แล้ว +5

Dead zone in g29 is a no go for the Logitech wheel.

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  6 ปีที่แล้ว

You can filter that out with settings, but you do have to do a lot of playing around and it will never get as close as the T300! Certainly can still compete with the g29 though.

• @mbhuizenYT
      @mbhuizenYT 6 ปีที่แล้ว

TidgneyRacing it cannot be filtered out totaly. It was a huge dissapointment for me. I had a T150 before that and the wheel, itself was better. Great about the G29 are the pedals and the not to expensive shifter.

• @jamilchouya5640
      @jamilchouya5640 5 ปีที่แล้ว

what is the dead zone can somebody explain ? im sad cause i just ordered jesterday a g29 now im reading so much shit about it :D

• @Swegaming92
    @Swegaming92 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Hey man I really need some advice!!! I owned a g29 wheel before but I had many problems with games that don't work really good with the wheel and shifter so I sold it and now I wanna come back to driving. I've never owned any thrustmaster products and I wonder does thrustmaster still have reliability issues today? And what should I buy Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Integral RW Alcantara with the shifter for 500euro or the g29 with shifter for like 300 euro?

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  6 ปีที่แล้ว

I believe there are still some reliability issues but in the end I would say price is the main factor. Price for performance based on the costs you've stated I'd go g29 personally, as I couldn't justify the 200 euro difference. To give you an idea on GT Sport for example the fastest guy I know on there uses a g29 :P!

• @Swegaming92
      @Swegaming92 6 ปีที่แล้ว

thanks for your answer :) tomorrow i will buy the g29 again but i have a problem with fora horizon, when i start the game, i get the loading screen but soon after that nothing happens and game shut it self. now i tried reinstalling the game and it kinda worked perfectly first time. first time starting game works just fine but next time i try to play the game i get same problems all over again.. any tips? :)

• @Klobbb
    @Klobbb 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Where do I go for the software to use the wheels on pc? Can I use the Logitech software for the TM wheel? May be a stupid question but I am a noob lol. Thanks

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  6 ปีที่แล้ว

You should be able to get this from the relevant manufacturer website. You can only use logitech software with logitech products and same for TM :). Should be in the download section on either site :).

• @Klobbb
      @Klobbb 6 ปีที่แล้ว

TidgneyRacing Okay thanks a lot!

• @humanNotSlave
    @humanNotSlave 7 ปีที่แล้ว

great review.

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

• @diegofiorillo6412
    @diegofiorillo6412 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Hmm, love the rubber thing for the brakes. make sit feel like my Golf R Twin turbo

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

From the huge discussion on the wheel there's 2 types, a solid one and a softer one, I assume the softer one feels better :)! Solid 1 is not very good :(!

• @davidshearer567
    @davidshearer567 6 ปีที่แล้ว

The "black plastic thing" seems ta be a part of the load cell. It looked like you were able to compress it with your fingers. Please look into that possibility.

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  6 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Having used a load cell now (Just got the CSL Elite one) I can honestly say it doesn't act as a load cell either. It's a very pointless object :(. Doesn't simulate realism and it certainly won't help you go faster :O!

• @davidshearer567
      @davidshearer567 6 ปีที่แล้ว

TidgneyRacing Oh, ok... I took an educated guess. Thanks for confirming!

• @PickledGopher
    @PickledGopher 6 ปีที่แล้ว

I've ordered a T300 Alcantara with TH8A shifter. Now I'm researching warranty, reliability and I might be returning it all. I've sent emails to Thrustmaster inquiring about their Canadian warranty and no replies. Bestbuy told me they've changed it to only 30 days. (the manufacturer, not bestbuys which is also 30 days) Bestbuy won't even sell extra warranty on these, they love to sell that extra warranty so it tells you how horrible the quality of Thrustmaster products must be. I don't want to buy a G29 as I'm coming from a CSR wheel, belt driven. Fanatec is too expensive now to order into Canada so it really only leaves me with the G29. Or roll the dice on Thrustmaster... and I'm getting too old to gamble that much money.

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I will give Thrustmaster customer support credit (At least on the EU side) that they have been helpful every time in solving problems, initial contact time is a bit long but that's both companies but then things do get flowing.

• @PickledGopher
      @PickledGopher 6 ปีที่แล้ว

I will give Thrustmaster a shot, they replied with a good informative email, finally. Best buy's system is not correct. The manufacturer's warranty is 12 months in Canada. They will troubleshoot etc and any costs during the 12 months are covered by Thrustmaster. This is great. At least 12 months I'm covered. 30 days wouldn't have been cool with all the reports on the web about wheels braking. Good review btw. Thanks!

• @SuperOliveiraPT
    @SuperOliveiraPT 7 ปีที่แล้ว

hey mate, so i want to buy a wheel but im confused if i buy the g29 or t300, money is an object, but i want to have the best wheel i possibly can, of course beetween these two, cause i dont have money for a t500 or other hahahah but i play at night and i want a weel that it is quiet but provides a good FFD experience, which one should i get? the only thing about the t300rs is the pedals and not have shifter included, and the t8ha is expensive as fuck, so as the t3pa
    please help

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  7 ปีที่แล้ว

Honestly, if money is an issue buy the g29. Yes the T300 might be a better performing wheel but price for performance the g29 wins.

• @RaiZdbyDINGOES
    @RaiZdbyDINGOES 4 ปีที่แล้ว

I just use the windows calibrate tool for global calibration. Especially useful for the brake pedal

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  4 ปีที่แล้ว

The g29 changed it's calibration tool when I last used (Was a few years ago) so you couldn't adjust the brake, I hope that is back tbh!

• @_bufs_1724
    @_bufs_1724 6 ปีที่แล้ว

You mentioned getting deals for the logitech, ive been looking round for a while now, cant find any for under 200 quid. Where would u reccomend looking?

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  6 ปีที่แล้ว +2

It's black friday in a couple of weeks, may be some nice deals appearing on there! If I see/hear anything I'll make a quick video to shout it out!

• @_bufs_1724
      @_bufs_1724 6 ปีที่แล้ว

TidgneyRacing thanks mate cheers

• @MrCatseyes01
      @MrCatseyes01 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Bufyn b yeh I think the price of wheels are strong because of gt sport , ac , and project cars mainly , the g29 is £220 with the gear shifter atm

• @charliecowell1229
      @charliecowell1229 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Yeah I just got it for £128 on amazon for black friday

• @LeTon75
    @LeTon75 6 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Loved your video bud ..., I just brought a G29 from Argos cost me £199 which I thought was not bad till I heard how much you paid for yours lol 😂 👍

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  6 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for the compliment :D! It's still not bad for the wheel to be honest when you look at other wheels!

• @grahamkelly8662

I paid £215 for my g29, a week later it was on sale for £169 and with gear shifter, which I didn’t Get. I’m actually contemplating buying the g29 shifter.

• @troygriffiths5057
    @troygriffiths5057 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Which ones more compatible with PS4 games

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  6 ปีที่แล้ว

They're both fully supported to be honest so either of these wheels will work fine. In all honesty out the 2 as I've said to a number of comments, I'd go for the cheapest out the 2 at the time.

• @clovislfrc9881
    @clovislfrc9881 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Does anyone have any problems with their t300 where the turning isn't smooth but is kinda notchy? Like as if there's a notch every 5 degrees or so that the wheel snaps to

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  6 ปีที่แล้ว

That sounds like a motor issue to be honest? Not that I'm technical in that department in anyway!

• @clovislfrc9881
      @clovislfrc9881 6 ปีที่แล้ว

TidgneyRacing do you still have yours? Is it completely smooth when it turns? The notching isn't that bad but it's mildly annoying

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  6 ปีที่แล้ว

I got mine repaired, if you talk to Thrustmaster support they'll be able to help :)

• @ricci.hidalgo
      @ricci.hidalgo 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Mine is completely smooth and noiseless, even thougth I did have to tighten all the screws when it came new.

• @heathkidd
    @heathkidd 5 ปีที่แล้ว

you might be able to fix that PS button issue by putting some tape over the button or cutting out a thick ring of cardboard around the button and taping over all of it to "pull" the button up"

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  5 ปีที่แล้ว

It's a fundamental problem with the wheel to be honest, tons of people have the same issue :(!

• @heathkidd
      @heathkidd 5 ปีที่แล้ว

that jimmy guy said electrostatic interference from motor can cause buttons to randomly press. maybe its that? @@tidgneyhe said he fixed it by "grounding it" that was on a direct drive thou.

• @1TigeRRacing1
    @1TigeRRacing1 6 ปีที่แล้ว

thanks for ur review but i own g29 moded does its worth to buy the t300 rs gt or i should wait for new wheels coming in 2018 ??! ty if u answer me big like btw my g29 works perfect after 2 years using and moded with e brake i mod the pedals

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I'll answer all my comments :)! I would say it isn't worth it in terms of the increase in price unless you can get a good deal and sell your g29 at the same time. I'd personally wait for announcements of a new wheel if any are coming.

• @1TigeRRacing1

thank you very much !

• @thirdyv124
      @thirdyv124 6 ปีที่แล้ว

2years nice if thrustmaster can lives 2years ill buy t300rs gt this end of the month but im still thinking if g29 or t300rs gt :C

• @1TigeRRacing1

t300 rs gt

• @azzazz4549
    @azzazz4549 5 ปีที่แล้ว

There is a reason you can get a G29 and G920 for cheap these days. the dead zone is a big problem, it was the first thing I noticed

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  5 ปีที่แล้ว

It does have the biggest dead zone you're absolutely right with that.

• @azzazz4549
      @azzazz4549 5 ปีที่แล้ว

@@tidgney yeah man, the dead zone is not good when your going 170 and you need to set yourself up for a corner. Not to be all negative, but the G29 pedals also lose their energy after 8 months of use and it feels like they need the springs replacing

• @jamilchouya5640
      @jamilchouya5640 5 ปีที่แล้ว

@@azzazz4549 what you guys mean with dead zone ? I ordered me just jesterday a g29 with pedals 110 euro but now im sad cause everybody say the thrustmaster 300 is more realistic and better....

• @Guitar387
    @Guitar387 6 ปีที่แล้ว

t300 unreliability is a bigger issue than price and there's just too much negative reports on its problems . Only one show in town and that's the Logitech g930.

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  6 ปีที่แล้ว

It's up there but for example my T300 now has been going strong for a little while so once you get it reliable it can perform well.

• @jukins6543
    @jukins6543 7 ปีที่แล้ว

Originally ordered g29 w/ shifter for $300 next day saw thrustmaster t300 gt edition for $349 on newegg. Had a chance to play with them both but t300 gt edition hands down imo. At least for dirt rally the g29 is kinda loud whereas the t300 I needed to change all the settings to even get force feedback but it was tons quieter and smoother.

• @tidgney
      @tidgney  7 ปีที่แล้ว

I heard there is a problem with the T500 and Dirt 4 so maybe it's a similar problem? I'm not sure, however the T300 is better when it's a small difference in price like yours :).

• @jukins6543
      @jukins6543 7 ปีที่แล้ว

TidgneyRacing didn't have problem with dirt 4. Dirt rally even with setting changes seems a bit off after trying it for awhile after some reading and research I found that reinstalling dirt rally eliminated all issues besides me having to change my turning saturation