Switching from SONY NEX-7 to FUJIFILM X-T1

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 21 ก.ย. 2023
  • I've been shooting Sony exclusively for a while now, but I wanted to know what all this Fujifilm fuss was all about. There's no better way into Fujifilm than the iconic X-T1.

ความคิดเห็น • 66

• @SFxAce
    @SFxAce 7 หลายเดือนก่อน +6

The X-T1 with its Trans 2 16 Megapixel sensor does create great images. I have quite a few XF lenses but my favourite is 35mm f1.4R, followed by 23mm f1.4R and then 50mm F2. The 23mm/35mm f2’s are great too and very portable for travel (and fast focusing) as is the super sharp 27mm f2.8 pancake. The 18-55 kit lens is underrated and with OIS included is actually a bargain - especially second hand. The camera may not have the latest tech/film simulations, but it is a classic digital camera that I’ll never sell.

• @MyContrails
      @MyContrails  6 หลายเดือนก่อน

Thanks for the info. I’m finding the glass really quite expensive. Might look into the kit lenses. Ed

• @E3Zombie
    @E3Zombie 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

Been using my XT1 since it came out. I will never replace it until it’s beyond repair. Paired with my 15-45 and my 35 F1.4 it’s a great travel and portrait set up and weighing next to nothing.

• @MyContrails
      @MyContrails  2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Just did a Venice video with the X-T1 and the 15-45. 😜 Ed

• @cow77cow
    @cow77cow 7 หลายเดือนก่อน +8

Fuji kit lens is not a typical "kit" lens. You can really use it with your camera now and the future, without changing for a better.

• @MyContrails
      @MyContrails  7 หลายเดือนก่อน

Yes. The Fuji kit lenses are really good from what I can see so far. Thank you.

• @BartoszRybacki0
      @BartoszRybacki0 6 วันที่ผ่านมา

I had fuji kit XC 16-50, It was as good as any other kit lens I used before (Olympus 14-42 for micro or olympus 14-42 for 4/3). What do you mean by "not a typical kit"? What is different? How is it much better?
      I did test a few prime lenses, and these are amazing (but so are primes from olympus or leica).

• @user-pq3oq2nq2h
    @user-pq3oq2nq2h 6 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

just subbed the channel I got my xt1 about a week ago now for all the reasons you said dials good glass simple to use look forward to seeing more......

• @MyContrails

Thank you. That’s very kind of you. Yes I’m loving the xt1. Ed

• @POVwithRC
    @POVwithRC 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

I've generally learnt that Fuji is my happy place for stills, Sony likewise for video. XE4 and a 50mm F2 is my go-to daily for stills (replaced my A7R4 with that, never happier). FX3 does video for my channel like a dream.
    All that to say, you will absolutely love the XT1 (especially with that grip). It's a very different shooting experience from the NEX. In that it is actually an experience worth having.

• @MyContrails
      @MyContrails  8 หลายเดือนก่อน

Thanks. You have a new subscriber. I love the little ZV-1 for all my main channel content. Small, brilliant autofocus and it just works. That’s all you need really. For stills, it’s about more than a camera just ‘working’, it has to be the creative experience which I’m loving so far with the x-T1. So you might have hit the nail on the head. Sony for vids and Fujifilm for stills. Ed

• @rolandgasser6711
    @rolandgasser6711 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

I love both my X-T1s, the black and the silver one!

• @phillipgoldsworthy8531
    @phillipgoldsworthy8531 7 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Fuji XT1 and my X70 are my favourites for street photography. Tried other 'Upgrades' then looking back through my back catalogue earlier this year came to the realisation that 'Old is definitely Gold' when it comes to the Fuji 16mp XTrans sensor...... difficult to describe but there is 100% something very special about the SOOC Jpegs... ❤

• @MyContrails

It reminds me so much of actual 35mm film. It’s the very reason I don’t like 4k televisions. I much prefer the organic look. Ed

• @trevorfentiman5283
    @trevorfentiman5283 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Have an xt4 plus the xt1 and thinking about it I use the xt1 the most, I keep the jpeg to mono which shows the focus peaking so well, look forward to seeing more

• @MyContrails
      @MyContrails  หลายเดือนก่อน

That’s my preference as well. Monochrome just shows the light so much better. Then in camera from RAW to the other simulations. I’m also enjoying the X-T10 with the manual lenses. Ed

• @Farnhamification
    @Farnhamification 6 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

I am old Zenit film shooter, too. Loved it.
    I also own and love the XT-1. The cheap manual focus Chinese lenses are imperfect, but fine - and even feel better than any adapters with other lenses do.

• @MyContrails
      @MyContrails  6 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Thank you for this. Yes I’ve found the cheap lenses fun but nothing beats the XF and to a lesser extent the XC lenses. I’m going to try the Helios 44M on the X-T1 and see how it goes. 😁

• @rolandgasser6711
    @rolandgasser6711 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

A good photo is taken by the photographer... and not the camera... the X-T1 is more than enough. A good meal is made by the cook and not the pan! But how we allow ourselves to be manipulated by the industry!
    Never will sell my two X-T1's!
    Greetings from a Swiss living in the Caribbean❤

• @MyContrails
      @MyContrails  หลายเดือนก่อน +1

I enjoy the process of taking the photos more than actually seeing the end result. Ed

• @user-je9lg3pc5y
    @user-je9lg3pc5y 7 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

I'm using XT-1 since 2020 with 18-55 and 50-140 and this last one is a beast. Enjoy your Fuji 🫂

• @MyContrails

I have to say that it’s my new best friend.

• @kylejamesstevens5845
    @kylejamesstevens5845 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

The XT1 is a wonderful camera which produces photos with a more film look and it’s fun to use. I love grabbing an XT1 when going out to make photos. Have fun and enjoy, 🙏

• @MyContrails
      @MyContrails  8 หลายเดือนก่อน

It’s certainly living up to my expectations. Ed

• @liamliu8478
    @liamliu8478 5 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Thanks for sharing the video. I am also a Fujifilm camera user. I use the XT-20 with a 56mm f1.8 lens. Personally, I think Fuji cameras are more suitable with fixed focus lenses, including xc35mmF2 is balance of price and quality, TTArtisan's 27mmf2.8 is very cheap and tiny, and Sigma’s 56f1.4 is little expensive but super sharp.

• @MyContrails
      @MyContrails  5 หลายเดือนก่อน

Funny that you should mention the XC35f2 as I’ve just ordered one. 😜😁 Ed

• @thorgrimb2416
    @thorgrimb2416 5 หลายเดือนก่อน

Just sold my Sony NEX-7 switching fully to my Fuji setup. I already had the X-T1 bought for just over 100 low shutter count but missing eye cup and part of the rubber grip near the thumb. Used it in manual as for quite a while only had the use of manual lenses including the Helios you mentioned but fav was a Chinon 55mm f1.4 a superb lense, a few months ago purchased the XF 18-135mm now looking at getting the XF 10-24mm.
    Then either the XF 70-300 if the price used goes back to sensible levels or the superb XF 100-400mm if not.
    My other purchase now my main camera is just one make was the Fuji X-T30 ii so far looks to be a great camera to go with the X-T1.
    Nothing wrong with the Sony and will always regret selling it byt not as much if it had been the Fuji being sold the quality of their glass is superb XC beats std Sony and the XF imo easily is better than Sony G glass and easily worth the extra.
    The quality of the X-T1 even today is still right up there, and the images even now are holding their own against newer cameras, and this includes the X-T5 at 40mp, if your new to fuji it is thee used fuji to buy on a budget yes it is priced correctly for its age but that just shows how over priced later fujis used are especially the X-A series.

• @MyContrails

They say that you date the body and marry the glass. I’ve now got a couple of Fuji lenses that I love. However I’m finding for the same money that the Sony outfit is superior for video on full auto. That being said the Fuji ‘feels’ right for photos. Ed

• @gavinrankin6860
    @gavinrankin6860 7 หลายเดือนก่อน

Highly advise updating the firmware - classic chrome is a beautiful simulation and superior to the standard (in my opinion anyway.) We are fujifilm twins! Got mine off ebay about 4 weeks ago, paired it immediately with the 25mm TTartisan and have been enjoying the lens so far.
    I am considering the 27mm fujifilm lens, mostly for the in body distotion correction (but also i'm not exactly a dab hand at manual focus)

• @MyContrails
      @MyContrails  7 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Strange but I’ve settled on the XF16mmf2.8 R WR as my preferred focal length. Also got the TTartisan 27mm f2.8 auto focus as well. That being said I love the little manual lenses. They really take me back to my film days.

• @iandisney4872
    @iandisney4872 6 หลายเดือนก่อน

I have a Fuji XS10 and the older XH1 which I love. However, neither has the exposure compensation dial so after seeing two very recent videos on the XT1, which were particularly complimentary about the look that came from the XT1 two days ago I purchased one for £235 and it’s due to be delivered today. Really looking forward to using it. With regard to mega pixels. Mine are 26 and 24 and what I have actual started doing is cutting the size down from 16mb to about 3 mb before saving them to Google Photos as I only view the images on either an IPad or a Chromebook and 3mb is fine for that so the T1 only being 16mp won’t be an issue for me. Obviously if I was going to get a print done I would go back to the full raw image saved on an off line back up. Also I already have the slim Fuji 23mm f2 which is handy although the xs10 is quite a small body and this lens fits nicely on it. Once I have the T1 then, when going out landscape shooting, my new set up will be the three cameras plus Samyang 12mm, Fuji 18-55 and Fuji 50-230, all bases covered. This means no more lens changing which is something I just don’t like doing when out.

• @MyContrails

You will really love the X-T1. I certainly have over the last few weeks with it. I also have the X-H1 and the X-T2 but there’s just something about the T1 that feels right. You’re also right about the exposure comp easily available. Ed

• @perigee1275
    @perigee1275 6 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

I recommend pairing the Fuji X-T1 with the 35mm 1.4. It's a magical combination.

• @MyContrails

I’ve just purchased the 16mm f2.8 and loving that. Have you looked at the newer 33mm? Ed

• @michelk5
    @michelk5 5 หลายเดือนก่อน

What about adapting vintage lenses to your Fuji? Very easy to manually focus with xt1. The big EVF with focus peeking is a marvel.

• @MyContrails

I’ve adapted my Helios 44M already. What a combo! More to come. Ed

• @TheWingrider92
    @TheWingrider92 6 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

now TTartisan has a few AF lenses that are fairly affordable now and Surui going to release few fast f1.2 AF lenses that are fairly affordable for the Fuji in the future

• @MyContrails

I have the 27mm auto and love it. Looking forward to the Surui. Ed

• @63nuke
    @63nuke 7 หลายเดือนก่อน

I used the X-T1 for several years and loved it. I upgraded to the X-T2 (turns out I liked the X-T1 images better...except the X-T2 had the Acros film sim which was amazing) and eventually went to full frame Sony. I may re-buy the X-T1 just for travel. I loved the 18-55 with it's VR but my all time favorite was the 35mm f1.4 which was bolted to the camera 95% of the time. It's a purely aesthetic and nostalgic thing. Unfortunately the used prices of Fuji have gone up so much and will cost me more than it it did originally to return to it again. Yes, you will need extra batteries, it drinks through them like water.

• @MyContrails

Thank you. I’ve secretly bought an X-T2 as well. However the X-T1 is the one in my bag continuously. Ed

• @HanzsKlopek
    @HanzsKlopek หลายเดือนก่อน +1

About to buy one of these. Did you find some great settings for b&w that you are willing to share ?

• @MyContrails
      @MyContrails  หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Have a look at my Venice video. I found some great settings. I’ll make a future video on them. Ed

• @MyContrails
      @MyContrails  หลายเดือนก่อน

Fujifilm X-T1. Budget Fuji Captures Venice.
      th-cam.com/video/Tkq17RfM5M4/w-d-xo.html

• @HanzsKlopek
      @HanzsKlopek หลายเดือนก่อน

@@MyContrails thanks a lot. Will have a look for sure

• @sailortoni
    @sailortoni 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Xt1 pata negra con mi otra pata negra Eos 7d, dos camarones para siempre jamás.

• @ste76539
    @ste76539 5 หลายเดือนก่อน

You want to be looking out for the 35mm f1.4 - by far the best lens for the X-T1, everybody wants the 35mm f2 because it's a little bit faster focusing and weather resistant, but the f1.4 is just magical. I would also recommend the Zonlai 22mm f1.8 which is super cheap and really sharp. The reason the Fuji glass is more expensive is because the quality is superb = the 18-55 'kit lens' is fantastic. Your reasoning behind just shooting jpegs is a good call. The RAW files from Fuji aren't fantastic to edit, anything more than a very light edit will just result in a smeary mess. I can recommend you use Classic Chrome, and play with the white balance because that 'recipe' can make some awesome images. Personally I don't bother with the dynamic range settings - keep it on the base setting, but do have a play with the shadow/highlight tone settings.

• @MyContrails

I’ve heard of the 35f1.4 thanks for the suggestion of the others. Ed

• @laurentgagne892
    @laurentgagne892 6 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

do you like the battery life in cold conditions?

• @MyContrails

Two batteries is enough for me to shoot all day. Ed

• @abodalaa6113
    @abodalaa6113 5 หลายเดือนก่อน

Good start👍

• @MyContrails

Thank you so much 😀 Ed

• @georgechen1124
    @georgechen1124 6 หลายเดือนก่อน

Get xf14mm f/2.8 and xf55mm-200mm. Two great lens for this capable camera.

• @MyContrails

I’ve the XF 16mm f2.8 that I really love. It my favourite focal length for APSC. Ed

• @kimc5750
    @kimc5750 5 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

And so it begins. 🙂

• @MyContrails
      @MyContrails  5 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Yes. Having fun so far. Ed

• @user-ch7pi2zi2r
    @user-ch7pi2zi2r 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

nex7看起来不错啊

• @MyContrails

I really like the size. Especially with the 16mm pancake lens. Ed