Why I Switched From Sony To Fuji After One Week With The X-T5!

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 22 ต.ค. 2024

ความคิดเห็น • 33

• @dandanu2526
    @dandanu2526 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +5

I did the same... I was on the Fuji system, I wanted to see what it's like to be on full frame... and after three weeks I sold all the Sony equipment and returned to Fuji.

• @jimmypmedia
      @jimmypmedia  2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

@@dandanu2526 I had my full frame Sony for 2 years and loved it, it was just time for a change for me!

• @kamilsvitak
      @kamilsvitak 12 วันที่ผ่านมา

Me this same!😂 i sold everything s9ny and jump to fuji 1 mont ago. sony is boring. I really enjoy go to take picturesqith my xt5. Love it!

• @ACD54
    @ACD54 6 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

The size of the sensor has no effect at all on high ISO performance. That is affected by pixel density on the sensor and the number pf photons each receptor can capture in a given time. Visualise a full frame sensor. Take a pair of scissors to it and cut it down to APS-C size. Is the ISO performance of each pixel affected? Of course not (yes, yes, I know it won't work at all. But you get my point).
    It is true, though, that for a given field of view you will have fewer pixels in an image from the smaller sensor, assuming the same pixel density. This may affect enlargements, cropping and so on and if those are important enough you may want to move a bit closer to your subject. But as high ISO performance has improved so much over the years, and pixel density has increased at the same time, it's much less of an issue than it used to be.
    Good luck with your new channel.

• @jimmypmedia
      @jimmypmedia  6 หลายเดือนก่อน

Hey, thank you for this insight, that's really helpful as my knowledge is much more surface level than this!
      My knowledge of full frame Vs APS-C has mostly come from online opinions and research, as I never did much low light shooting with my previous APS-C camera before switching to full frame, so not a lot of experience to compare until now!
      Appreciate the feedback and thank you for your words of support 🙌

• @allenschneider1847
    @allenschneider1847 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Questions: 1. What ISO did you use for your night shoots and cloudy day shots? 2. Have you had any auto focus problems? (Lot of people presently bashing Fugi auto focus.)

• @jimmypmedia
      @jimmypmedia  2 หลายเดือนก่อน

@@allenschneider1847 I haven't had many issues with the auto focus though I have seen other people's complaints! I'll get back to you with the ISO when I can check the data on my shots!

• @JasonLawrenceNoel
    @JasonLawrenceNoel 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +4

I have a a7rv and an xt5 and actually find my astrophotography files to be much cleaner and more pleasing on the xt5. Yes the a7rv is sharper but that absolutely doesn’t lead to a pleasing images. Imo ;)
    Great video loved hearing your opinion

• @jimmypmedia
      @jimmypmedia  3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

That's great to know for when I finally get round to doing some astro on the X-T5 😄 thanks for your kind words! ✌️

• @reevesylfc8390
    @reevesylfc8390 6 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Hello mate. Welcome to the Fuji family. Looking forward to more of your videos.
    Regards
    John

• @jimmypmedia
      @jimmypmedia  6 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Thank you so much John! Very excited to be a part of it 😄

• @danrodriguez8355
    @danrodriguez8355 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Excellent video. I too am switching from Sony. Fuji in my opinion are more inspirational to use.

• @jimmypmedia
      @jimmypmedia  3 หลายเดือนก่อน

@@danrodriguez8355 Thanks mate! Hope you enjoy your new Fuji camera 😄

• @rogerwalton8160
    @rogerwalton8160 6 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

I switched from Canon 5d 3 to Fuji xt5 some time ago - best thing I every did photographically speaking.

• @jimmypmedia

Have never used any Canon cameras, but glad to hear the switch worked out for you too 🙌

• @anthonym3051
      @anthonym3051 หลายเดือนก่อน

Me too, I was a Canon guy with the 5D mark iv and the 7D2. They both produced me beautiful images, but there is something about Fuji that keeps me going. Started with the XT3, then XT4 followed by XH2 and just recently GFX 100s ii. I love them all equally.

• @cameraman655
    @cameraman655 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Seem to be bucking the trend (at least amongst TH-camrs) and ditching their Fujis, with regards to the two recent Firmware flops, especially with the AF.

• @jimmypmedia
      @jimmypmedia  3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

@@cameraman655 That's fair enough! I try not to follow the trend and more just go for whichever camera suits me!

• @bcegerton
    @bcegerton 6 หลายเดือนก่อน

I was in there a few weeks ago with my wife, there was a young guy like yourself and a young lady but I really don’t think it was you as we’ve met and spoke before and I would have known it was you immediately. I asked what film you had but it was too expensive for my needs, I’m just testing all my film cameras with up the intention of selling most, sold a few already, bloody cheap too.
    Im after a Canon R6 as I want something better suited for my Land/Seascape work, probably trade in my XT3 but as it’s been knocked about a bit it may not be worth it so may keep it.
    I was looking at leaving Fuji completely but I’ve seen the XT-5 new for, what I think is a great price but wonder how it is for Landscape Photography?
    Any advice, greatly appreciated

• @jimmypmedia

Hi Brian, definitely wasn't me you saw in there as I would have remembered seeing you! Would be great to see you if you pop in again though 😊
      If you have any of the film cameras left I'd be interested in buying, will message you!
      I havent tested the X-T5 for landscape use extensively yet but have a trip to Wales planned in July so that'll be the next time I do a lot of landscape with it!

• @allenschneider1847
    @allenschneider1847 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Do you usually shoot in Raw or JPEG or both?

• @jimmypmedia
      @jimmypmedia  2 หลายเดือนก่อน

@@allenschneider1847 Hey, I usually shoot in Raw but with using some of the Fuji film simulations I tend to do both so that I have the option of still editing the RAW file!

• @rogerhampton2844
    @rogerhampton2844 6 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

16-55 a kit lens? Not at that price!

• @olivernalen
      @olivernalen 6 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Yeh it's not a kit lens. Literally no one has ever referred to it as one, until today 🙄 even though he referred to it as the 18-55, which is the actual kit lens.

• @jimmypmedia

I'll be honest, I didn't look into the 16-55 much as I wanted to loan the 18-55 as that would be the one I'd buying. Didn't realise it's not a kit lens, mistakes happen!

• @jimmypmedia

@@olivernalen Yeah that's my mistake, it's not a kit lens! I didn't refer to it as the 18-55 though, that is the actual lens I got with the camera.

• @brugj03
    @brugj03 6 หลายเดือนก่อน

Another green Fuji video.
    A typical example of the green Fuji colors, i personally hate.
    I could say that it`s beyond me, to want this instead of the natural and vivid Sony rendering.
    But hey, that`s just me.

• @jimmypmedia

Feel free to watch my entire back catalogue of videos before this one that are all Sony 😂✌️

• @brugj03
      @brugj03 6 หลายเดือนก่อน

​@@jimmypmediaWell........what can i say.
      I wonder how you are able to get this results.
      I don`t recognize Sony at all.
      No offence but i`ve seen better.

• @jimmypmedia
      @jimmypmedia  6 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

I'd never take offence from someone so judgemental about someone else's photography 😌
      You're not my audience, move on ✌️

• @dandanu2526
      @dandanu2526 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Stay on Sony. Don't bother us again:)))