Brush Hogging 15 acres with Bobcat T590

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 29 ธ.ค. 2019
  • Brush Hogging 15 acres with Bobcat T590. Took about 8 hours (with a few problems as usual). Everything was taller than the bobcat, but was no match for the Brush Cat attachment.
  • บันเทิง

ความคิดเห็น • 38

• @MrRigmunkee1
    @MrRigmunkee1 3 ปีที่แล้ว +10

I showed my older sister a video like this, and she could not understand why I watch videos like this. I told her it's soothing. She looked at me like I was deranged. She just does not understand. Thank you for sharing.

• @tylerarrigoni7700
      @tylerarrigoni7700 หลายเดือนก่อน

Exactly the same conversation with my wife last night.... I feel exactly the same. Cheers

• @ChaseLandMgmt
    @ChaseLandMgmt 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Glad to see a video of someone doing some larger acreage with a tracked machine. I’ve always wondered if I could be as productive as I am with my tractor. Looks like it can be done!

• @triplesticks
      @triplesticks  2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I find that a track loader is a super functional machine for just about everything!

• @ChaseLandMgmt
      @ChaseLandMgmt 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@triplesticks I’ve always worried about running the constant flow hydraulics all day and the machine getting hot or at least the hydraulic oil. Mowing is easier on a machine though and mulching obviously so maybe it isn’t a big issue.

• @jaygatchell5513
      @jaygatchell5513 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Iv had both types, one with tires and one with tracks. I'll take one with tires all day long over a tracked bobcat (other machines are a different story). Foam filled tires with the optional add on tracks that slide over the tires is the best of both worlds. Entire track assembly will have Grease issues, hydraulic issues and electrical issues not to mention just a new set of rubber for your tracks will run you three grand not sure how much the whole assembly is but damn it sucks, tires for the win. Run over a stump and turn the wrong way and guess what you'll be doing for the next half hour? putting your track back on, nothing but a pain in the ass.

• @jeffhall768
      @jeffhall768 2 ปีที่แล้ว +2

@@jaygatchell5513 you must have had the most worthless track loader and dealer in the world then. I've run both for thousands of hours and no way would I get a wheeled machine over a tracked machine unless you're only working on pavement. Tracks wont fall off from running over stumps and they don't cost 3 grand to replace. They're 2 grand to replace. Tires are 1200 to replace and won't get you into near as many places as tracks will. Also, tracks don't go flat, which is kinda important when you're throwing brush and metal and whatever else you run over with that brush cutter.

• @Isai_Ez
    @Isai_Ez 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Just started my business like this I have a small skid looking to get a bigger one like yours awesome video

• @triplesticks
      @triplesticks  2 ปีที่แล้ว

Thank you for watching and good luck to you!

• @tylertucker4478
    @tylertucker4478 3 ปีที่แล้ว

My buddy even has one. Uses his the clear land with and do light cutting like this

• @dcwshoreline5416
    @dcwshoreline5416 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Love it Sir!
    Watching from 🇨🇦. Looking to start a machine business aswell

• @triplesticks
      @triplesticks  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I’m glad you enjoyed it! Good luck to you and thanks for watching.

• @sh3llbac
      @sh3llbac 8 หลายเดือนก่อน

what's the cost of used bobcat

• @BrettsBuilds
    @BrettsBuilds ปีที่แล้ว

What year is your bobcat? Were you using high flow or low flow? I'd like to get a 590 but wasn't sure if it was strong enough to mow tall wet grass in the pacific NW.

• @triplesticks
      @triplesticks  ปีที่แล้ว

This is like a 2014 t590 I believe. And that mower just runs low flow but does a great job
      I have a 2016 T590 now and I run a high flow Bobcat Brush cat on it. I’m sure either one would do just fine out in the NW

• @jrou111
    @jrou111 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Get er done! Whoops wrong video lol. I’m not far from you over the border in NE Georgia and I’ve just been getting more jobs for my part time business to clear land. I’ve got a compact tractor and a 5 ton mini ex, but have been looking at skid steers. I rented a TL8 for a few days and feel like the 7k-8k size track machines would be best for the type of jobs I do. But that little RT25 is tempting. I just worry that I won’t gain much lifting or hydraulic flow over my tractor.
    Do you feel like the RT was worth it or should you have gone to the 590 size from the get go? Most of my work isn’t hardscaping and on grass I have the tractor. Most of what I do is building/repairing gravel driveways, brush/tree removal, and light grading.

• @triplesticks

I loved that little ASV for tight grading areas and steep slopes.
      However when it comes to clearing land and and heavy lifting it was a little small.
      I would look at something midsize maybe the rt50 if you need something small. But it still has a pretty decent bucket and lifting capacity.

• @jrou111
      @jrou111 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@triplesticks thank you for your feedback! I think I’m just going to step up to the 7000lb+ range track machine once I build up a little more revenue since running a cutter is something that’s in high demand where I am.

• @kstorm889
    @kstorm889 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Is yours the high flow?

• @tannerdegeyter3133
    @tannerdegeyter3133 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Do you ever deal with over heating or close to over heating cutting that tall?

• @TB-gs1uu
    @TB-gs1uu 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Why did you use this vs tractor with bush hog?

• @triplesticks
      @triplesticks  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I am more familiar with a skid steer than a tractor

• @traviswwilliams7171
      @traviswwilliams7171 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@triplesticks do you think there are any advantages of skid steer over tractor?

• @rodneycody8746
      @rodneycody8746 11 หลายเดือนก่อน

No stickes in the tire to puncture

• @DRDWISCONSIN
    @DRDWISCONSIN 4 หลายเดือนก่อน

How do you bid a job like this if you don’t mind me asking?

• @triplesticks
      @triplesticks  3 หลายเดือนก่อน

You can quote this job by the day, or by the hour.
      From what I found this job should cost anywhere from $1500-$2500

• @w.abbott3932
    @w.abbott3932 ปีที่แล้ว

Irritating music no comments on how or why this machine was used/chosen. What was the point?

• @triplesticks
      @triplesticks  ปีที่แล้ว

I made this video 3 or 4 years ago when I first started my TH-cam channel. The point was to show mowing 15 acres. That’s it.
      So thanks for watching.

• @anxietyfpv6072
    @anxietyfpv6072 2 ปีที่แล้ว

How do you quote your customers for this setup?

• @triplesticks
      @triplesticks  2 ปีที่แล้ว +3

There are a few ways to quote a project like this.
      1. by the hour.
      2. by the day.
      3. By the acre.
      By the hour are usually charge $120.
      By the day I usually try to be around $1000-$1200 a day it all depends though sometimes you can get more depending on how much work needs to be done.
      And lastly by the acre. I personally have not had much luck with quoting this way. but I hear the average is around $1500 an acre for for clearcutting.
      On this particular project I charged $2500 for the amount of work that it was.

• @anxietyfpv6072
      @anxietyfpv6072 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@triplesticks Thank you. I am buying a full set up in the next month and there’s a lot of land that needs to be cleared in my area. I appreciate your help with the pricing”.

• @triplesticks

You’re welcome glad I could help!

• @dhunsaker26
    @dhunsaker26 3 ปีที่แล้ว

About how long did it take? Days?