7. Custom furniture build VW T6.1

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 15 เม.ย. 2021
  • VW T6.1 DIY campervan conversion. Follow along with this van build series as I convert a commercial van in to a cool camper van FOOKIN PUTIN
    alright campervanners. Anyone else reading the news and feeling powerless to help. Well here’s a couple of charities that are worthwhile donating to. Either click the link or just Google the charity name and donate summat, even if it’s only a couple of quid it’s gotta be better than nowt right?
    bit.ly/decorguk
    dec.org.uk Donate to this charity and the UK government will match your donation. So you can get the government to send some of that fuel tax that you're currently having to pay to the Ukraine, hows that for Karma! DEC is made up from 15 humanitarian charities including the Red cross and save the children
    bit.ly/unicefukrainecharity
    UNICEF are a childrens charity that are on the ground helping the children and parents of Ukraine with clean water, food and life saving supplies
    Disclaimer
    I've created bitly links as the web address was too long, obviously there is nothing in it for me other than not feeling totally helpless. Time to make some furniture with light weight ply wood
    Heres the tambour doors I used bit.ly/tambourdoor
    If you need help with your project www.trekarcamperconversions.com/
    www.copter-cam.co.uk/
    / coptercamuk
    / coptercam.co.uk

ความคิดเห็น • 93

• @ARW-qy3rd
    @ARW-qy3rd 3 ปีที่แล้ว +12

"you'll often find me in my van, doing this..." - so relatable hahaha!

• @bobscullion3533
    @bobscullion3533 3 ปีที่แล้ว +4

your "doing this" face is what we here in Scotland call "the glaikit look" or as my wee granny would say "it looks like the lights on but nobody's in" I think all self builders have that look more often than they'd like to admit. Well done big guy

• @robertlawrence7958
    @robertlawrence7958 3 ปีที่แล้ว +6

I have nothing but admiration for your workmanship. Your video delivery is also most entertaining.
    A great watch.

• @KBeadle
      @KBeadle  3 ปีที่แล้ว

thanks

• @russcurrie72
    @russcurrie72 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I'm just sat on a campsite in my T4 in Derbyshire watching this video and in stitches 🤣🤣🤣 keep them coming Karl 👊👊👊

• @paulcottam128
    @paulcottam128 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Cracking Video love the wit and humour you put in the videos along with the skill too , great home made van furniture too

• @daviddootson9016
    @daviddootson9016 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I must say i am well inpressed with your skill level mate

• @chopperhehehe
    @chopperhehehe ปีที่แล้ว +1

What a cracking job
    Your right you made it look easy lol
    👍👍👍😜🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🦄🦕😁✌️🤞

• @Radio4ManLeics
    @Radio4ManLeics 6 หลายเดือนก่อน

Quality job, and very satisfying to watch. I could watch you working for hours!

• @AwwwPishhh
    @AwwwPishhh 3 ปีที่แล้ว +5

That shelf is a flipping great addition for what would just be dead space. Have to agree with you that the large profile aluminium edging looks awesome and was great on the shelf over the cooker.

• @KBeadle
      @KBeadle  3 ปีที่แล้ว +3

thanks

• @letsgocamping88
    @letsgocamping88 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Nice job! Think we all have those gazing in to space moments.

• @glyn829
    @glyn829 5 หลายเดือนก่อน

Brilliant job 👍

• @glenwilkie1331
    @glenwilkie1331 ปีที่แล้ว

Wonderful to watch an experienced professional at work.

• @doraexplora9046
    @doraexplora9046 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I love your fitout. You are using off the shelf fittings that are, lucky for you, only available in the UK. You are a great presenter, which really helps. American channels are way to over the top. Everybody other than the Americans are a lot more laid back in their presentations. I subbed and will now binge watch the rest of your vids.

• @tonymanders5078
    @tonymanders5078 ปีที่แล้ว

How can one person be so talented fantastic job 👍👍

• @stevebrown6665
    @stevebrown6665 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Love the corner trim on the drawer

• @dan64740
    @dan64740 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Loving the glue applicator stick lol

• @classic1989mini
    @classic1989mini 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Great work, your attention to detail is a work of art

• @mariusztomczak6435
    @mariusztomczak6435 ปีที่แล้ว

Nice work!

• @robbiemulholland8412
    @robbiemulholland8412 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Excellent really enjoyable to watch.....👍

• @CampervanMan
    @CampervanMan ปีที่แล้ว

I'm actually quite addicted to pulling that expression

• @davidpackard8330
    @davidpackard8330 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Very neat and professional!

• @martinclay7557
    @martinclay7557 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Bloody marvelous

• @dieselbushcraft1299
    @dieselbushcraft1299 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Excellent, your van is looking great 👍. Hope mine turns out to be as good.

• @kristenconnery3221
    @kristenconnery3221 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Another great video! 👍

• @davidglassford2194
    @davidglassford2194 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Your right you make it all look so easy 😁👍🏻. Build looks fab & I like shelf above sink & at back door. Hopefully find someone to help sort similar in mine when virus allows.

• @campervanman28
    @campervanman28 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Great job mate 👏

• @dayneditiont5.163
    @dayneditiont5.163 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Yip I've used the Glaikit look a few times now while building our camper. 😳 Awsome video as always sir 👌

• @KBeadle
      @KBeadle  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Glaikit , never heard that word until today, now I’ve heard it twice!

• @vwtransportersandmotorcycl3729
    @vwtransportersandmotorcycl3729 ปีที่แล้ว

I have to say Karl your work is incredible!

• @KBeadle
      @KBeadle  ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks

• @isagomes5591
    @isagomes5591 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Hello Karl. congratulations for your achievements, it's really great. I'm French and I have a T6. Could you tell me where to find drums for rolling shutters? In France they sell shutters without drums, only with the rails. thank you in advance and congratulations again for your work. Vincent

• @markmangan8586
    @markmangan8586 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Top job bud 😊👍

• @KBeadle
      @KBeadle  3 ปีที่แล้ว

thanks Mark

• @iddroneography655
    @iddroneography655 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi Karl watched your videos and very informative do you sell the plans at all for your build as I seen loads but your layout it’s top class I know you said it’s on your hard drive lol this is the best build I’ve seen keep up the great videos also

• @johnkinnane547
    @johnkinnane547 3 ปีที่แล้ว

G'day Karl and greetings from Tasmania Australia 🇦🇺, I just happened to stumble across your channel and I got say what a beautiful job your doing lining out that van, If I had one it's exact how I would do it like you are I've seen plenty of van fit-outs but not the way your doing it which is terrific, I have subscribed and look forward to watching the next instalment kind regards John.

• @KBeadle
      @KBeadle  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi John welcome to the nonsense

• @1968kcc
    @1968kcc 3 ปีที่แล้ว

So skillfully done perfect finished. 👍👍Look forward to the next video.
    Seen Wellhouse fits rock and roll bed on rails. Is it more difficult to fit??
    Oh still hoping to say hello to Hollie on screen!!!!

• @KBeadle
      @KBeadle  3 ปีที่แล้ว

They are but only because you have to get access underneath the van for the full length of the rail

• @Edge_Effect
    @Edge_Effect 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Love the passion you put into your uploads, makes me laugh everytime. Btw how many boards did it take to build your furniture? Cheers

• @simonmiddleton4977
    @simonmiddleton4977 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

If one of the tv channels ever decide to make a series about van conversions you have my vote as the Ed China of the conversion world!
    Fab job as always and yes you do make it all look easy!
    Love the wood you have used is it light weight furniture ply and was it expensive?

• @pogg01
    @pogg01 3 ปีที่แล้ว

You make it look simple for me the hardest part is getting all the bits a bobs like edging and trim

• @KBeadle
      @KBeadle  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Tell me about it. It’s not just where you get stuff, it’s all the different prices people charge for the same stuff

• @StevieTyrrell
    @StevieTyrrell 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

You interior looks 10 times better than some of the so called bespoke built campers at £50k! Well done. When and where will you advertise this one?

• @KBeadle
      @KBeadle  3 ปีที่แล้ว

I shall be keeping this until the end of the year

• @StevieTyrrell
      @StevieTyrrell 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@KBeadle Doh!

• @crawfordshepherd4311
    @crawfordshepherd4311 ปีที่แล้ว

Where do you get the cornor joints the build looks great

• @g3rrypaton
    @g3rrypaton 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Looking the mutts nuts karl

• @MyBarryboy
    @MyBarryboy 2 ปีที่แล้ว

great video on furniture karl. Where can i buy rounded edging strips and brackets to make the high up shelf? cheers bud

• @glenwilkie1331
    @glenwilkie1331 ปีที่แล้ว

Looks like the hinged doors close flush over the face of the cupboards and some special hinges used?

• @KBeadle
      @KBeadle  ปีที่แล้ว

camperinteriors.co.uk/products/reimo-style-camper-van-motorhome-cupboard-hinge

• @ianfranks4257
    @ianfranks4257 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi Karl, loving the videos and your sense of humour. Really like the pull out drawer in the bottom of the wardrobe, good use of space, can I ask where you sourced the drawer runners please? Cheers, Ian

• @KBeadle
      @KBeadle  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Glad you like them! www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07WYZ2QVC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• @dingo3718
    @dingo3718 ปีที่แล้ว

What is the name of the grey trim around the edges, and where can it be got from cheap of course,thanks and a nice job indeed karl

• @willemdodgerford5782
    @willemdodgerford5782 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi Karl, hope youre still out there since you havent posted anything for a while. I have followed your entire series, and i think your videos will help me a lot with my own build. Thanks for that. One question though. I noticed your cabinet doors land almost inside of each other, rather than overlapping. How didbyou manage to do that? Are you using a different kind of t molding? Hope youll find the time to help me out here. Thx

• @Thecampervanman2019
    @Thecampervanman2019 ปีที่แล้ว

Love it. What lightweight plywood did you use and where did you get it from???? Again brilliant work subscribed straight away

• @KBeadle
      @KBeadle  ปีที่แล้ว

yes, it isn't top end but it is definitely good enough for camping in the UK season

• @welshieonwheels
    @welshieonwheels 11 หลายเดือนก่อน

Sorry Karl I know your a busy guy ,but what type of blade do you use in your plunge saw , anything special well done and good luck me old mucker👍👍👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇬🇧🇨🇦

• @KBeadle
      @KBeadle  11 หลายเดือนก่อน

Just a 40t blade

• @nickrust9358
    @nickrust9358 ปีที่แล้ว

Morning mate. Im starting a camper conversation soon. Transit custom. I’ve watched all you stuff your doing very entertaining 😂. Can you tell me where you get the water tank that sits over the wheel arch?

• @KBeadle
      @KBeadle  ปีที่แล้ว +1

google over arch water tanks theres several suppliers

• @paulgriffin4820
    @paulgriffin4820 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Have you done that before 🤔🤣🤣👌👌👌👌👍👍👍👍👍👍

• @chrishorsfall6525
    @chrishorsfall6525 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Amazing techniques here, wow, I've tried sitting there in the van for hours trying to think through figure out every eventuality - pencil and paper helps sketching helps to visualize how it's going to work

• @woodyforest7308
    @woodyforest7308 ปีที่แล้ว

Can you point me to the aluminium corner prifiles you used thanks..

• @samanthairwin9221
    @samanthairwin9221 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Karl your furniture building is fantastic, have you considered going into business, making bespoke custom made furniture for vans?

• @KBeadle
      @KBeadle  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Nah its not what floats me boat

• @craftertewaka289
    @craftertewaka289 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi Karl. Thanks for all your videos, in the process for converting a VW Maxi Caddy, so scaling cabinets down!! I bought your PDF file. Great reference links. Could I ask the size and weight load of your pull out drawer runs and where did you get them. Many Thanks Dave.

• @KBeadle
      @KBeadle  2 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi Dave they where from Amazon www.amazon.co.uk/Pieces-Extension-Drawer-Bearing-Capacity/dp/B07WYZ2QVC?pd_rd_w=Y3i03&pf_rd_p=72bd67d1-fcfe-4eb1-b188-74959eded5f8&pf_rd_r=1BN4HWQHDCXHP7BSXN3G&pd_rd_r=de566dd3-f8e5-40d9-8841-e57e2958b4d7&pd_rd_wg=y0P6e&pd_rd_i=B07WYZ2QVC&psc=1&ref_=pd_bap_m_rp_32_sc

• @craftertewaka289
      @craftertewaka289 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@KBeadle Noted many thanks.PS The Diesel heater is out of stock any other you would recommend?

• @annaorlinski2329
    @annaorlinski2329 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi where can I get light weight ply from for my camper van conversion I am about to do my cubards

• @TheDazorro
    @TheDazorro 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi, can l ask where to buy the corner profile for the units ,l after 18mm thanks 🙂

• @The_Joker_
    @The_Joker_ ปีที่แล้ว

Over engineered wins every time. Avoid crashing into petrol stations.

• @shane555
    @shane555 3 ปีที่แล้ว

How can you only have 15k subs? If this was a woodworking channel, you'd have over a mil I'm sure! 🤣

• @KBeadle
      @KBeadle  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

yes it can be a frustrating business this youtube nonsense

• @shane555
      @shane555 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@KBeadle I'll share this video to a few of the VW groups, hopefully help a bit fella...

• @rev0107
    @rev0107 ปีที่แล้ว

Did you get measurements for this or just design them yourself?

• @djg6391
    @djg6391 ปีที่แล้ว

Were do you buy all your hardware from?

• @KBeadle
      @KBeadle  ปีที่แล้ว

Lots of different places

• @jdog3862
    @jdog3862 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Hey buddy, how many sheets of lightweight plywood did you get for this? And what finish did you get on the wood love it, just doing my furniture now

• @KBeadle
      @KBeadle  2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

3 sheets from magnum motorhomes

• @jdog3862
      @jdog3862 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@KBeadle thanks buddy, cheers for getting back love the vids

• @matthewbirkenshaw1433
    @matthewbirkenshaw1433 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Do you fancy doing my t6.1 kitchen/wardrobe for me!! Awesome 😎

• @christopherrooney9564
    @christopherrooney9564 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Where did you get the edging for the doors.

• @KBeadle
      @KBeadle  3 ปีที่แล้ว

clearcut conversions

• @smiffysmiffy123
    @smiffysmiffy123 ปีที่แล้ว

What van do you prefer, ford or vw?

• @KBeadle
      @KBeadle  ปีที่แล้ว

Ford. It’s bigger

• @JustASadSoul1
    @JustASadSoul1 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Good video but is not on the playlist

• @KBeadle
      @KBeadle  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for letting me know I'll sort it now

• @unverifiedjoseph
    @unverifiedjoseph 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Your petrol station scenario reminded me of this: th-cam.com/video/QFD5Wa09ykQ/w-d-xo.html
    Great video as always.

• @KBeadle
      @KBeadle  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

bet his shelf fell off