#gx460
    #rav4
    #softroading
    #bfgk02
    #allterraintirecomparison

ความคิดเห็น • 42

• @jwalk1604
    @jwalk1604 10 หลายเดือนก่อน +8

Couple of things. One if you go to any Firestone Complete Autocare I believe you can get a warranty for $12 per tire. It’s very much worth it. As far as the tire, the Destinations are absolutely fantastic, they should last well in excess of 60,000 miles. Bridgestone is putting a big new emphasis on AT tires and have spent a lot of time extensively researching and refining.

• @LexusGX460-OFF-ROAD
      @LexusGX460-OFF-ROAD  10 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

wow thank you 👏 for this information. It sounds like they've treated you well... 60k miles would be nice 😃

• @wsigona
    @wsigona 17 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

I’m interested in the Firestone A/T2. I have a 2014 Tacoma that I want to take to Baja for Camp 4Lo. I don’t know if the passenger rated A2 can handle the tough conditions of Baja roads.

• @charlesb4267
    @charlesb4267 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +5

I had bought a set of Falken AT3W this fall for a pickup, very few miles with them yet as I had swapped over to my winter tires ( two sets of wheels ). Impressions so far were that they seem relatively quiet for being an all terrain and not horrid for picking up rocks as I live off the pavement ( rural gravel roads in all directions though as I farm, the farm trucks take a real tire beating though ). My comment has to do with the fact that the Falken you were running was the P rated tire and makes sense on van for sure but am speculating that is in part why the mystery flats, not enough layers of protection under the treads surface to prevent rocks from puncturing the tread. The LT version of Falkens tend to have a deeper tread, would that have extended the life ... perhaps assuming the tires didn't fail in another way. Typically I have not had too many issues with tires over the years that are 8 or 10 ply rated ( load range D and E ) but have had more issues with the P rated tires due to their less robust build design. Of course its always a trade off, have a rougher ride with high ply tires or go with a stiffer tire that in theory can handle more gravel road/off road trail abuse.

• @xdxdxdxd1643
      @xdxdxdxd1643 6 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

I highly recommend Firestone X/T tires for any pickup.

• @devanrogers3133
    @devanrogers3133 22 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

Firestone's more premium tires are way underrated. Another highly underrated tire brand is Cooper especially for SUV/Truck tires. I just got a set of new Cooper Discoverer All Terrains in the 265/65R18 size and they are absolutely fantastic tires. They are very quiet and my GX actually feels like a proper SUV/Truck and just rolls over everything. It sits up about a half inch higher off the ground then before but it feels like it's sitting about an inch higher. They are actually only available through Wal-Mart as weird as that is. They look the business as well on the oem silver 6 spoke wheels I have on my GX. Then my GX is Tungsten Silver so it all comes together excellent. I also just got a new Inno XS350 Roof Rack System. The company E-Trailer is based out of the town next to mine which is Wentzville, Missouri and that is where I bought them. It's basically the best cross bar system you can buy for a 14-19 GX. The tires though were delivered to my house from Wal-Mart and then I had them mounted and balanced at Discount Tire right by my house. This location here in Missouri does great tire balance's and my GX rides butter smooth........ It would be nice though to have my own wheel balance machine in my garage like you have though! If you don't mind me asking, did you buy yours new or used, and what brand is it??

• @LexusGX460-OFF-ROAD
      @LexusGX460-OFF-ROAD  22 วันที่ผ่านมา +2

@devanrogers3133 Thanks for updating us on your tire experiences... we've considered 265 heights for our GX460 to get more clearance and more of an air-cushion like you described... do you have any rubbing issues on stock suspension with 265s? The balancer we got new... they are relatively inexpensive believe it or not... it's a Weaver which is just a Chinese re-brand... but these machines are all 1980s technology and have come down in price significantly ❤️ ✌️

• @devanrogers3133
      @devanrogers3133 22 วันที่ผ่านมา

@LexusGX460-OFF-ROAD I have 0 rubbing and I'm on stock suspension. I did however replace all 30 or so of the fender liner oem screws with some really nice M6 flat head black screws I found on Amazon. I did it to make my fender liner look better, but also just in case they were to rub. I knew it would only be barely if they did rub on one of those inner fat hex head oem screws on the inner side bottom ones behind the front wheels. All but 4 of those screws are the exact same M6 20mm as well. 2 are M6 25mm and the other 2 in the rear are probably an M3 10mm I would say. I don't know forsure on those 2 as I have not replaced those 2 yet. The ones I got are allen heads and better than anything I've seen mentioned from the GX community. This is because you are not going to be able to fit even a small screwdriver in there very good especially if you have a 265/65. A screw you turn from the side like an allen is best. They are the same size metric allen as what it takes for my roof rack to so it works out well. They are locked with a regular key as well on all 4 base corners of the cross bars. I post on the "Lexus GX460 Owners Only" FB page every now and again. I will probably post the link to them on there when I get around to it.

• @helmhamburgerhand
    @helmhamburgerhand 5 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Ayyy this happened to me. My factory Falken has one single tire about 2.5 years old just running low on tread. Been contemplating just buying a new one or just replacing the lot. But its pricy 😄

• @bartman1857
    @bartman1857 10 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

So according to Tire rack the 245 65 17s Firestones are 33 lbs and the wild peaks are 37 lbs. I believe the wild peaks have a higher ply rating.

• @rogerpha1398
    @rogerpha1398 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

I just bought these for my MY13 Honda Ridgeline. The continuous center block feels great on and off road.

• @Fatewins01
    @Fatewins01 6 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Yeah gotta agree...night and day vs my stock on my new destination AT and it looks great 😁

• @gizzmo667
    @gizzmo667 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Love your choice of Firestone what state is that area you are in 🎉

• @LexusGX460-OFF-ROAD
      @LexusGX460-OFF-ROAD  2 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

@@gizzmo667 SoCal USA 🇺🇸 🏜

• @gizzmo667
      @gizzmo667 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

@@LexusGX460-OFF-ROAD Nice spot mountains and the sea 🌊

• @gizzmo667
      @gizzmo667 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Just a side issue regarding tyres my son has always used SAILUN AT and for the price they are fantastic 30%Off road and 70%bitumen he travels fast and hard never looks after them get 40.000 kilometres however he could easily get 50 thousand if he cared lol
      Dave SOUTH AUSTRALIA 🇦🇺

• @ARIODAY1
    @ARIODAY1 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Which ones feel better the falcon or the fire stone

• @LexusGX460-OFF-ROAD
      @LexusGX460-OFF-ROAD  9 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

we have 2 firestones and 2 falkens on the van right now... both feel 100% stock... zero noise, both glass smooth

• @Mike-4547
    @Mike-4547 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Thank you for the video. Those are definitely some rough roads, which ones do you recommend and my guy what State are you in? Looks good and scary definitely be packing 😂

• @LexusGX460-OFF-ROAD
      @LexusGX460-OFF-ROAD  8 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

th-cam.com/video/1G3C-5T0-ik/w-d-xo.html

• @sleepii15
    @sleepii15 10 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Niiiiice to know! I always wondered how long these type of tires lasted! I’ll have to check out Firestone

• @aiden8317
    @aiden8317 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Hi, Thanks for your contents. I'm thinking to add these on my GX460. wondering what is your experience with these so far?

• @LexusGX460-OFF-ROAD
      @LexusGX460-OFF-ROAD  3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

not recommended:
      th-cam.com/video/XyvQmgmZyjM/w-d-xo.html

• @aiden8317
      @aiden8317 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

@@LexusGX460-OFF-ROAD Hi. I meant I want to add Firestone AT2s; I have seen the other video :)

• @onemat2000
    @onemat2000 5 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Which Destination tire did you put on? I think there are 2 or 3 types of Destination tires.

• @nenigma1
    @nenigma1 10 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Even tho my GX is new , I bookmark certain Vids .
    Btw, do you Undercoat your Vehicles to help prevent rust.
    Great Content as Per Usual👍

• @D.Dragoon
      @D.Dragoon 10 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

I'd wanna know that too. He talked abit about cars not really getting rusty in the desert I think. Maybe he can tell us more?

• @LexusGX460-OFF-ROAD
      @LexusGX460-OFF-ROAD  10 หลายเดือนก่อน +4

we are in the desert... rust is pretty much impossible... our 1995 Camry had ZERO rust at 300k miles and 25 years..

• @D.Dragoon
    @D.Dragoon 10 หลายเดือนก่อน

If these wheels are good off-road are they also good if you want to do a rally race - like a desert race like the Dakar rally desert race in Saudi Arabia?

• @LexusGX460-OFF-ROAD
      @LexusGX460-OFF-ROAD  10 หลายเดือนก่อน

I belive BFG K02 claims to be the "Baja Champion"

• @vadim9342
    @vadim9342 10 หลายเดือนก่อน

Do you have any videos regarding the GX470? Curious on your thoughts on those vehicles?
    Reason I'm asking is my GX460 lease expires soon and I'm debating on getting a GX470 to replace it for much cheaper. Or should I buy out the 460?

• @bartman1857
    @bartman1857 10 หลายเดือนก่อน

Timely video for me. I put snow tires on my 23 Sienna AWD / Journey 3" lift. Will be looking for AT this spring and I wonder if the Firestone are lighter then wild peaks.

• @jaycarl1562
    @jaycarl1562 10 หลายเดือนก่อน

Do you rotate your tires? If so how often? We have stock size ko2s on our GX for 3 years 38k miles. We rotate every 5k when we do oil changes. Almost no offroading and mostly city driving. After looking at them the other day, i was surprised how much tread they have. I feel i could get another 35k from them.

• @LexusGX460-OFF-ROAD
      @LexusGX460-OFF-ROAD  10 หลายเดือนก่อน

we did not rotate the AT3WS on this Sienna... that would've helped... on the GX460 we don't rotate since it's full-time 4WD... the tread on our K02s looks amazing for their mileage and even wear all around... As you noted KO2s are noted for their treadlife and ability to handle the desert... ie the "baja champions" 🏆 😂

• @chriseppley8272
      @chriseppley8272 10 หลายเดือนก่อน

@@LexusGX460-OFF-ROADyou don’t rotate? Why’s that?

• @LexusGX460-OFF-ROAD
      @LexusGX460-OFF-ROAD  10 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

@chriseppley8272 out here we are more likley to blow-out/sidewall puncture than wear down the tread... we've had like 8 punctures on the AT3WS and 8 more punctures on the K02s... it's a miracle the 2 falkens lasted 40k for our location lol... nothing rusts out here the roads have nails from the gold rush days forward just under the dirt, when it rains new ones float to the top...😢

• @chriseppley8272
      @chriseppley8272 10 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

@@LexusGX460-OFF-ROAD putting a set of KO2’s on tomorrow based on your experience with them. You’re the only person who drives a “stock” GX like it was designed to be driven. Your recommendations carry a lot of weight! Haha

• @charlesb4267
      @charlesb4267 9 หลายเดือนก่อน

@@LexusGX460-OFF-ROAD So the question is, did the nails fall out of the wood that held the wagons together or out of the horses hooves if they had shoes on LOL.