Replace Toyota Tacoma Door Handle | Tacoma 4Runner Tundra T100

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 27 ก.ค. 2024
  • Easy tutorial showing how to replace 1st generation Tacoma exterior door handle. Tutorial applies to T100, Tundra, 4Runner of similar years
    Tool List:
    10mm socket
    3in extension
    socket wrench
    pliers
    phillips head screwdriver
    flat head screwdriver
  • ยานยนต์และพาหนะ

ความคิดเห็น • 328

• @trenttrosclair3558
    @trenttrosclair3558 4 ปีที่แล้ว +14

Good instructions. You can shorten by two steps. The interior door handle does not have to be removed from the rod. Once you get the door panel completely removed the interior door handle with slide back through the hole and can remain attached to the rod. Also, the door handle lock does not have to be removed from the rod. You can install the new handle and slide the lock and rod mechanism right back into place from the inside of the door panel.

• @EngineeredMojo
      @EngineeredMojo  4 ปีที่แล้ว +7

Ahh this is some good info thanks for the contribution of knowledge. That'll make this a tad faster next time!

• @darkpatches
      @darkpatches 3 ปีที่แล้ว +5

@@EngineeredMojo 1) Wonderful tutorial. In and out in 50 min. 2) *Please pin Trent's comment* as his tips are gold. I actually put the lock (with attached rod) back in the new handle from the outside. Not sure if that's faster than doing it from the inside (as he recommended), but it was quick and easy.

• @EngineeredMojo
      @EngineeredMojo  3 ปีที่แล้ว +3

@@darkpatches this is good to know, I'll plan to pin it :) glad the installation went well!

• @Ray-zr8bj
    @Ray-zr8bj ปีที่แล้ว +2

Of all the "how to" videos that I've ever seen or used, this is the best! Clear, concise, easy to follow. Allowed my to do a repair that I thought might be beyond my expertise and saved me hundreds of dollars. Thanks Engineered Mojo!

• @EngineeredMojo
      @EngineeredMojo  ปีที่แล้ว

Glad the video was clear for you and appreciate the feedback! Saving money is always good to hear about 😀

• @nickolassimon4615
    @nickolassimon4615 3 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Thanks a lot for this video! I had one handle break a few months ago and I’ve just been crawling in through the passenger door to open the driver’s. Then last week my passenger door handle broke. My windows were both up and I had to spend about two hours trying to get into my truck. Luckily someone came along and helped me. Anyhow, had I watched this video and see how easy it is, I wouldn’t have had that problem.

• @EngineeredMojo
      @EngineeredMojo  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Haha wow that was an ordeal! Glad this video was able to help out. I'm guilty of putting off fixes myself. That always gets me in the end, some random related item brakes. Thanks for sharing your story bro

• @jojoscho
    @jojoscho 4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Thnx bro, just broke mine tonight. Will tackle project this weekend now and watch again

• @EngineeredMojo
      @EngineeredMojo  4 ปีที่แล้ว

Hope it came out well if you were able to get to the fix!

• @sammmarti3338
    @sammmarti3338 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thank you for sharing .. it helped me replace door handle on hubby's T-100 ..97 with over 389K on it.

• @EngineeredMojo
      @EngineeredMojo  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Nice glad it helped and congrats on getting close to the 400k mileage club. Hope you keep the truck until over 1/2 a million miles!

• @nmunmnm
    @nmunmnm 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

That last clip was the hardest to get off. I appreciate the upload! I literally followed it step by step and got mine done in about 30 minutes.

• @EngineeredMojo
      @EngineeredMojo  5 ปีที่แล้ว

Those clips can be a hassle for sure, definitely an exercise in patience haha

• @Robert_L22
    @Robert_L22 5 ปีที่แล้ว +16

Outstanding! This is the absolute best Tacoma door handle removal and installation video out there.
    Thank You!

• @EngineeredMojo
      @EngineeredMojo  5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I appreciate you letting me know your thoughts on the video! I tried to make it how I like to see tutorial videos and I've watched a bunch haha

• @greymurdock2
      @greymurdock2 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thank you

• @thinkertoo2995
    @thinkertoo2995 4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

You did a great professional instructional video. To the point and very helpful. Mine broke today. Thanks very much.

• @EngineeredMojo

I don't know if you're in a cold region, but they always seem to break during winter haha. Glad the video provided value for you and thanks for taking the time to provide feedback

• @cgtotty
    @cgtotty 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Thank You Sir ! I've watched several videos on this subject and I find that yours is by far the best ! Clearest video shots and simple, concise instructions - had mine changed in 25 minutes start to finish - including gathering tools. Great job !!

• @EngineeredMojo
      @EngineeredMojo  4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Nice that was a quick install! Glad this video had good value for you and really appreciate you sharing your experience

• @davidhaller167
    @davidhaller167 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

This video was extremely helpful and easy to follow!! I was able to fix my 2002 Toyota Tacoma passenger door handle in about 20 minutes with no issues thanks to this video! What made it so easy was the step by step video and description. Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!!

• @EngineeredMojo

That's awesome! Glad this video could be of service and that your install went well. Thanks for taking the time to provide a thoughtful response and feedback!

• @stansova3138
    @stansova3138 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

A very good explanation on how to repair the door handle, had a garage replace mine last year, and this year it broke again. So I will try to change it myself this year. Save some money as I am retired and don't really have that much. Stimulus check this year has been a big help on some of the stuff I have always wanted and repairs. Thank you very much.

• @EngineeredMojo

Oh yeah this will definitely save you money and it's not a bad install. Will take some time and patience working in the tight space, but easy job overall. Good luck with the install, hope it turns out well :)

• @mikerodrigues429
    @mikerodrigues429 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Awesome vid! After watching, went right ahead and replaced mine in minutes. Especially liked the tip to inspect the broken one vs. the new...thus re-using the existing locking mechanism. THANKS!

• @EngineeredMojo

Nice, glad this video was helpful and appreciate the feedback. It's a simple install with access to the right info

• @richardd6669
    @richardd6669 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Just changed the passenger side door handle on my 94 Toyota p u . It has been broken for about 8 years ...lol... Thanks for the help . Next week I fix the drivers side.

• @EngineeredMojo
      @EngineeredMojo  5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Haha 8 years is a long time, must feel good to have it fixed! Thanks for taking time to comment and update on your fix

• @louisedichoso1916
    @louisedichoso1916 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Lifesaver. Thank you SIR! just replaced handle for my dad's Toyota Surf 1990 with zero experience. Kudos from philippines. 🍻

• @EngineeredMojo
      @EngineeredMojo  2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Kamusta if you speak tagalog! Haha one of few words I know from my friend. Glad the install went well and congrats on keeping the classic running and functional. Toyotas seem to last forever with the simplest of care

• @louisedichoso1916
      @louisedichoso1916 2 ปีที่แล้ว

I do speak tagalog. among others. haha. Thanks again. Looking forward to learning more easy to follow DIY fixes.

• @aquasight1019
    @aquasight1019 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Wow, this is a great tutorial on how to change an exterior door handle AND an example of how to make a great tutorial video! Clearly spoken, succinct, and with nice camera work. Thanks E.M. and a hearty thumbs up!

• @EngineeredMojo

Appreciate the detailed and constructive feedback! Glad it was helpful and hope if you already did the install it went well!

• @cecilhoo9097
    @cecilhoo9097 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Bro ur tutorial video was way way better than the rest. Thanks

• @EngineeredMojo

Man that's good to hear. Glad you were able to gain value from the video. Thanks also for taking the time to comment your feedback

• @jll5094
    @jll5094 4 ปีที่แล้ว

You, sir, are the best! I’ve watched many videos on this but you hit all the areas I needed covered with clear detailed instructions. Thank you soooo much!! I have a 2003 PreRunner with electric windows, just like you, and I could not have done it without this video. Someone suggested leaving the rods attached to the interior and exterior handle to save some steps. I did that on the interior handle, but it took some effort. I resorted to your method on the exterior handle since the rod on the pink clip was so easy to remove and made removing the handle a little easier. Thanks again for the excellent video. I clicked the thumbs up and have subscribed.

• @EngineeredMojo

I really appreciate the detailed feedback and glad the removal and install was successful. That's an interesting method to leave the rods attached. I may try in future just to see how the process goes. Thanks again for taking the time to comment and share your experience!

• @ipeterman117
    @ipeterman117 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Great tutorial! Had to change the handles on drivers and passengers side. Thanks! Also like the ring you’re wearing!

• @EngineeredMojo

Double job, nice to have two fresh handles! Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback and also thanks on the compliment of the ring. My wife has good taste!

• @rogerphillips1679
    @rogerphillips1679 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Thank you for this amazing video. I was able to change my door handle and lock in one hour. Impressive that you can do it with one hand on the camera!

• @EngineeredMojo

That might be one of the best comments I've gotten haha. Well, glad the video provided value for you and thanks for providing an update on how the install went. Not a bad swap with the steps laid out clear

• @paulknoblock8797
    @paulknoblock8797 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Best video out there for fixing this. Spot on. Appreciated!

• @EngineeredMojo

Awesome, glad you found video useful. Appreciate you taking the time to comment :)

• @srd8828
    @srd8828 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thank you short and to the point , very helpful. I appreciate you taking the time to help fine tune our auto mechanical skills.

• @EngineeredMojo

Thanks for providing feedback and taking time to comment! Glad you found good value in the video

• @graemecarr3807
    @graemecarr3807 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Very well done. Step by step and nothing missed.

• @EngineeredMojo

Appreciate the feedback and glad the video was informative!

• @Sosidedan
    @Sosidedan 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Great tutorial. Looking forward to replacing my door handles front and back.

• @EngineeredMojo

Thanks for taking the time to comment and share thoughts. Hope the install goes smooth!

• @fantasygodoftheufl891
    @fantasygodoftheufl891 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thank-you ENG MOJO! Extremely helpful for my 2002 taco. My parts arrived today to replace my door lock. This video was well done!

• @EngineeredMojo

Awesome to hear! Glad the video was helpful :)

• @stevencasada2586
    @stevencasada2586 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

My driver side door handle broke the other day. I will be installing a new handle soon, and I will be using your video as I go. Thank you!

• @EngineeredMojo

Glad the video will serve a good purpose for you, good luck with the install :)

• @VictorGallagherCarvings
    @VictorGallagherCarvings 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Outstanding video, you are a natural teacher.

• @EngineeredMojo

Appreciate the feedback and compliment :)

• @Wajjajagg
    @Wajjajagg 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Just did the job & it only took 30mins done it before a long time ago but forgot & this vid helped to remind me thanks man i appreciate it!

• @EngineeredMojo

Nice, that was pretty quick for not having done a handle replacement in awhile. Thanks for taking the time to give feedback and glad the install went well!

• @Ibaneddie76
    @Ibaneddie76 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

That was a great tutorial, honestly one of the best I've seen on TH-cam. Thank you for the great info I'm subbing for sure.

• @EngineeredMojo

Appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback and the sub!

• @brettmartin9447
    @brettmartin9447 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Thanks a lot. Literally had your vid playing while I did my handle. Great job man!

• @EngineeredMojo

I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts on the video, it's a great thing to read first thing waking up on a Sunday knowing someone found value in my content

• @andrewnichols7410
    @andrewnichols7410 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Quick and easy. Thank you sir, going to tackle mine right now. Truck was frozen, watched the door handle go flying right over my head. Maybe I should order a few extra...

• @EngineeredMojo

wow never heard of that happening haha, I've cracked a few handles during cold weather though, complete pain in the arse. Hope the install goes well and thanks for taking the time to let me know your thoughts on the video!

• @andrewnichols7410
      @andrewnichols7410 5 ปีที่แล้ว

@@EngineeredMojo went well, the video explained it all well. Although I found that the clip that came with the aftermarket handle for attaching the rod for latch control wasnt as sturdy as the original. So I'll be keeping the original around just in case. Thanks for the helpful tutorial.

• @EngineeredMojo

@@andrewnichols7410 awesome glad install went well. Yeah aftermarket parts can be hit or miss, good idea to keep old part around for replacement parts. I'll actually start adopting that practice going forward. Will save buying a complete new part

• @cameronhatcher5215
    @cameronhatcher5215 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thanks for the video! Made the handle change on my ‘99 Tacoma super easy!

• @EngineeredMojo

Great to hear, glad the video was helpful! Thanks for sharing feedback

• @cramboneusf
    @cramboneusf 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thank you for this video. It helped me replace my handle and it works like a charm!

• @EngineeredMojo

That's what I like to hear, thanks for taking the time to provide feedback! Always nice to start new year off with a working door handle haha

• @jonathaneast9269
    @jonathaneast9269 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Excellent video!!! You just saved me $180 which is what my local shop quoted me.

• @EngineeredMojo

Nice! That's the kind of comment I like to read, just a bit extra good in the world. Hope install went well and thanks for taking time to provide feedback

• @osoavenger7348
    @osoavenger7348 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Good video. Watched one other before this one. This was so much more detailed then the first video.

• @EngineeredMojo

Glad it was helpful and thanks for taking the time to let me know your thoughts! I've seen some of the other videos and tried to improve upon what I didn't like to hopefully help others

• @mganz121
    @mganz121 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thank you so much! Very detailed. Just wrapped up in about 20 mins. Only comment is to perhaps buy extra door clips since I broke a bunch. Not sure if you mentioned this in the video. I also was in a bit of a rush so I could have been more gentle...

• @EngineeredMojo

Good point on having extra door clips handy!

• @Apeunion
    @Apeunion 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thank you for this video! I just installed my Tacoma handle today!🤙

• @EngineeredMojo

Nice glad the video was helpful. Really appreciate you taking the time to share your results and also for giving that tip!

• @matthewleone2941
    @matthewleone2941 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thanks so much for this video...just finished putting one in on my 2004 Tacoma...this a was a huge help

• @EngineeredMojo

Glad it helped and appreciate the feedback. We have to keep these "older" Tacomas in good shape!

• @islandbreeze496
    @islandbreeze496 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Nice music.....makes me want to change my garage music when I do the repair!

• @EngineeredMojo

I always need a bit 9f relaxing sound when I'm working on my car. Helps when I come across a pain bolt haha

• @blurpleberry
    @blurpleberry 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Concise, specific and relaxed. Great video

• @EngineeredMojo

Thanks for the feedback and glad the video was enjoyable and useful

• @dennism6664
    @dennism6664 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

The best instructional video. Thank You!

• @EngineeredMojo

Thanks for the feedback, glad you found value in the video!

• @keynastone4888
    @keynastone4888 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thank you for this. It made replacing a breeze!!

• @EngineeredMojo

Glad it was helpful and appreciate the feedback!

• @garrickhoskins9578
    @garrickhoskins9578 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Hey man thanks for posting I've watched several of your videos and they are very helpful keep up the great work 👍

• @EngineeredMojo

Appreciate the video feedback and thanks for the support!

• @johlhausen
    @johlhausen 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Changed my door handle out in an hour thanks to this vid

• @EngineeredMojo

That's good to hear. Thanks for sharing your experience and taking time to comment. Always like to hear someone found value

• @GregLopez75
    @GregLopez75 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Awesome! You saved me again. Cheers from Dallas. TX.

• @EngineeredMojo

Awesome man, glad the video was helpful and thanks for sharing a comment!

• @adamahmed737
    @adamahmed737 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Great tutorial man , thanks for the video, helped me replace my handle easily .

• @EngineeredMojo

Perfect, glad to hear. Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on how your install went

• @tonymayer4372
    @tonymayer4372 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

thanks for the vid. u the man. this was the best vid by far. like the way u laid out everything, u need to do the job. vid clearly showed every part of the job. thanks again.

• @EngineeredMojo

Thanks for the feedback and taking the time to comment! Glad it was clear for you. Very helpful for me going forward with the videos

• @tonymayer4372
      @tonymayer4372 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Engineered Mojo got my part in today & put it in. The only hang up i had was my lock didn't snap in the new handle like yours. It fell out a couple times before i got it in. Thanks again for the vid.

• @EngineeredMojo

@@tonymayer4372 yea getting the lock mechanism to stay in can be a struggle first go around. Glad it worked out and really appreciate you letting me know how it went. Enjoy the working door handle!

• @panchovilla1901
    @panchovilla1901 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

thank you . very clear and easy to follow. worked perfect

• @EngineeredMojo

Glad it turned out well! Really appreciate you providing an update of success

• @chuckbonsavage399
    @chuckbonsavage399 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

A most complete description other did not have the detail needed very good!

• @EngineeredMojo

Glad it was helpful and had the detail needed! Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback

• @johnmena945
    @johnmena945 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Great video! Thanks so much, saved a lot of money doing it myself!

• @EngineeredMojo

Great, glad you found value in the video and saved some money in the process! Thanks for taking the time to share feedback

• @dbm1productions
    @dbm1productions ปีที่แล้ว +1

Well done. Explained each step perfectly and good video. Thanks.

• @EngineeredMojo

Appreciate the video feedback and glad the steps for the fix were clear!

• @johnnymartinez305
    @johnnymartinez305 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

thank you good Sir. your video helped with my 2001 Tacoma DLX driver door handle.

• @EngineeredMojo

Glad to hear, thanks for taking the time to provide an update!

• @lltango
    @lltango 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I never comment on TH-cam- in fact I think this my first. This video is awesome. Super simple and comprehensive. Music is also rad. :) thanks!!!

• @EngineeredMojo

I'm super flattered that you felt the video was produced well enough to leave a comment and feedback. Let's me know how to create good content for sure. Hope this helped you with a car fix! Also glad you liked the music haha. Always nice to have a good vibe when working out a car problem :)

• @bbtoyshop
    @bbtoyshop ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thank you for the nice detailed instruction on it and good video quality also .

• @EngineeredMojo
      @EngineeredMojo  ปีที่แล้ว +1

Great to hear, glad the video was useful and considered good quality! Good luck with any handle install

• @stevenkeno2609
    @stevenkeno2609 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

NIce, Clear, Straight to the point video!! Thank you sir for the info!!

• @EngineeredMojo

Appreciate the feedback and glad the video was helpful!

• @stevenkeno2609
      @stevenkeno2609 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@EngineeredMojo New handles on my '02 TRD Xtra cab PreRunner!! Thanx again!!

• @dsmc0155
    @dsmc0155 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Great tutorial! Thanks for posting!

• @EngineeredMojo

No problem, glad the video was helpful for you. Thanks for share feedback!

• @live2encourage
    @live2encourage 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thanks so much for doing this. Great help.

• @johnruger6461
    @johnruger6461 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Excellent teaching video. Keep up the good work. Thanks.

• @dianedavis1201
    @dianedavis1201 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Great explanation, I have to replace a door handle today. Your's is best video, thanks.

• @EngineeredMojo
      @EngineeredMojo  2 ปีที่แล้ว

Appreciate the feedback and glad the video proved helpful. Also glad to hear the install of door handle went well!

• @highasakite7552
    @highasakite7552 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Excellent job MOJO! Great! Super! Thank you.

• @Siretom
      @Siretom 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Great job explaining Thank you so much

• @enmanuelcubas3401
    @enmanuelcubas3401 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

If you choose after market over oem I advise you to switch over the old rubber gasket to the new after market piece.

• @Jake1067
    @Jake1067 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thanks for uploading this vid, it was helpful. I had to replace the passenger side handle on my '03.

• @EngineeredMojo

Nice, glad the video was helpful and glad to see you have an 03 too. It's a good year besides some quirks at the throttle body that can pop up. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share feedback :)

• @Jake1067
      @Jake1067 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@EngineeredMojo 👍

• @johnmoore1290
    @johnmoore1290 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Great tips!Just did mine.

• @EngineeredMojo

Awesome, thanks for providing feedback on the video!

• @jerryhopper1685
    @jerryhopper1685 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thank you you help me out a bunch my man would of not got this done with out you thanks again awesome video

• @EngineeredMojo

Appreciate the feedback and glad to have provided a helpful video. Hoped it saved you some money too

• @brauliodominguez21
    @brauliodominguez21 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Very good instructions thank you

• @EngineeredMojo

Glad the video proved helpful for you and thanks for taking the time to provide feedback!

• @TheAG194
    @TheAG194 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

dude! great video. I'm about to go tackle mine. thanks!

• @EngineeredMojo

Glad the video was useful for you, thanks for the feedback! Hope the install goes well for you

• @Ibaneddie76
    @Ibaneddie76 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Great tutorial man, thanks!

• @sufranklin4439
    @sufranklin4439 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thank you for an excellent video!

• @EngineeredMojo

Glad you found it helpful and appreciate you providing feedback!

• @mu8616
    @mu8616 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thats beautiful man👌

• @johnbratt8378
    @johnbratt8378 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Good Job , easy to follow well explained

• @EngineeredMojo

Thanks for the feedback, glad it was easy to understand!

• @overtorquednut
    @overtorquednut 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Great video, thanks for making this!

• @EngineeredMojo

No problem, glad it was helpful and thanks for taking the time to comment

• @tommyhasty2423
    @tommyhasty2423 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thanks! The video was perfect for showing me how to change out the door handle. Wasn't one of those bozo videos that talk too much and waste time. Replaced in 40 minutes. The handle is easier to change out than it looks.

• @EngineeredMojo

No problem and glad it was helpful. Its definitely not a hard job at all to complete. Thanks for taking the time to comment!

• @stevendonovan-schwartz6792
    @stevendonovan-schwartz6792 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thanks for a solid tutorial video boss!

• @EngineeredMojo
      @EngineeredMojo  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

No problem, thanks for taking the time to comment! Hope the vid was useful

• @stevs7653
      @stevs7653 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@EngineeredMojo it absolutely is! Just had a mechanic friend fix some issues on my t-100 which was a homie hook up but still was some $$$. Just had the handle snap on me today so your video was the first and last I saw/need to see. With your help I think I can do it myself! Anyway, until amazon delivers im enjoying your content. Cheers!!

• @robertstinebaugh4319
    @robertstinebaugh4319 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thank you for the video. Very informative!!

• @EngineeredMojo

Glad you found value in the video and thanks for taking the time to let me know your thoughts!

• @brandondickens6150
    @brandondickens6150 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thanks for your help dude. Those little clips are a pain in the ass. Much better than paying someone outrageous labor fees to though. 👊

• @EngineeredMojo

No problem, glad the video could be of useful service! Haha yes those clips can be a pain. Clever engineering and design, but only for purpose not for disassembly. Saved money, missioned accomplished

• @daniellenhauser9574
    @daniellenhauser9574 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I agree easy video to follow great job

• @EngineeredMojo

Appreciate the feedback and glad it was easy to follow!

• @trinidadochoa874
    @trinidadochoa874 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Awesome, video was super helpful thanks!

• @EngineeredMojo

Glad to hear and thanks for taking the time to provide some feedback!

• @mckenziekeith7434
    @mckenziekeith7434 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Very helpful. Thank you!

• @EngineeredMojo

Glad it was helpful! Thanks for the comment and feedback

• @haunted_.
    @haunted_. 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Really clear and professional instructions . Nice work thanks man

• @EngineeredMojo

appreciate the feedback, I'll be sure to try an replicate this approach on future tutorials. Hope the install turns out well for you!

• @haunted_.
      @haunted_. 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Engineered Mojo awesome. And it did! But i ran into a new problem, when changing the hande I think I bent the linkage that connects from it to the latch, and now it has too much play preventing the latch from opening lol just my luck.

• @EngineeredMojo

@@haunted_. trials and tribulations of car maintenance! Happens to the best out there. Good thing is those rods are fairly thin, I'm sure you can bend back in such a way to get the rod mechanism working properly again

• @enmanuelcubas3401
    @enmanuelcubas3401 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Awsome video man

• @EngineeredMojo

Thanks for the comment and feedback!

• @michaelmurphy5934
    @michaelmurphy5934 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Awsome video , thankyou !

• @EngineeredMojo

Thanks! Appreciate you taking the time to share feedback on the video

• @eriktruchinskas3747
    @eriktruchinskas3747 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Wow your door panel was so much easier to get off than mine, i ended up breaking 3 of the clips and 2 mounts. Its a good thing theres superglue or id be taking a trip to the junkyard

• @EngineeredMojo

It's hit and miss with older vehicles. If they have been garage kept majority of time the clips tend to come out okay. You made it work that's what matters haha!

• @createdplayer8744
    @createdplayer8744 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thanks man! That was helpful

• @EngineeredMojo

Glad it was helpful, thanks for sharing your feedback!

• @derekthomas2663
    @derekthomas2663 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Great video. Thank you!!

• @EngineeredMojo

No problem, glad the video was helpful!

• @RealStraightTruthBroadcast
    @RealStraightTruthBroadcast 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Good video, helped me a lot.

• @EngineeredMojo

Great, glad the video was helpful for you. Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback!

• @kevinconville9258
    @kevinconville9258 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thanks man, good video.

• @EngineeredMojo

Thanks and glad you found it helpful

• @peterbaudendistel4671
    @peterbaudendistel4671 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

...great instructions...thanks!

• @EngineeredMojo
      @EngineeredMojo  2 ปีที่แล้ว

Awesome to hear, glad it was clear instructions for you!

• @dwhunter8904
    @dwhunter8904 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Good video. My Amazon handle lasted a little over a year, now I have to do it again

• @EngineeredMojo

Tough luck, mine is still rolling fortunately. Was it worth the 10 bucks or are you going oem this time?

• @dwhunter8904
      @dwhunter8904 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Engineered Mojo yeah it’s worth it. Handle cost $60 at the dealership, I. Going with Amazon again.

• @EngineeredMojo

@@dwhunter8904 I agree, the replacement is simple enough that it's worth rolling the dice for the price difference

• @maverickpoint9763
    @maverickpoint9763 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

The cheap replacement is exactly that. Considering the amount of time required to replace handle and considering the importance of said handle, BUY THE TOYOTA PART. Great video. I replaced mine a year ago with the cheap one and guess what, I'm doing it again. If it was a ten minute install, sure, go cheap. Fair amount of time investment here. (Again, great video.)

• @EngineeredMojo

That's a good point, so far I have been lucky but I also live in a mild climate with no real extreme temperatures, environmental conditions. I'll keep all posted if this thing breaks on me haha

• @classiccycleconnection9334
      @classiccycleconnection9334 ปีที่แล้ว

Dorman makes very good replacment handles . I get thru Rock Auto.
      Also before installing door panel I spray the inside of the handle workings with synthetic grease aerosol to lube everything and lasts longer .
      I’ve done Chevy Tahoe, Nissan Altima, Ford Probe, all get the lube before the panel goes on .
      Never WD40 as its petroleum based and degrades plastic over time so synthetic lube is better . Good video . Thanks .

• @timgreen4665
    @timgreen4665 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Well done Video! Thank you for your help.

• @EngineeredMojo

Glad the video could provide some value for you and thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback!

• @ramongonzalez2321
    @ramongonzalez2321 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Good job! Great explanation. I’m gonna attempt this probably this weekend on my mother’s 2002 Tacoma. The only part that looks a little difficult is those rotating clips.

• @EngineeredMojo

Yea those rotating clips can be a task, but with patience, correct angle of attack, and luck haha it should go smooth. Thanks for the video feedback and taking the time to comment

• @ramongonzalez2321
      @ramongonzalez2321 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Engineered Mojo I’m gonna go try this tomorrow, do you know how to remove the Manuel window handle?

• @EngineeredMojo

@@ramongonzalez2321 yea typically there is a little metal ring right behind the handle that can be pushed out with a flat head screwdriver or needle nose pliers. I did a video on a manual window for a honda that should be similar

• @ramongonzalez2321
      @ramongonzalez2321 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Engineered Mojo ok thanks. I appreciate you answering back!

• @carlosalvarran8460
    @carlosalvarran8460 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Dope gracias this video is really helpful

• @EngineeredMojo

Thanks for taking the time to comment, glad you liked the video!

• @froggamer4884
    @froggamer4884 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thanks for the guide

• @EngineeredMojo

No problem, hope it was helpful!

• @billpatterson8122
    @billpatterson8122 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thank you for the valuable information. Just went out to help a friend and the handle broke in my my hand. You make it look so easy. Hope it works for me

• @EngineeredMojo

I'm sure you'll knock it out no problem, good luck with the install and thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on the video! Also it should go well given it happened in the process of helping a friend 👍

• @billpatterson8122
      @billpatterson8122 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@EngineeredMojo It didn't go as smoothly as your video, It was difficult keeping the key lock in place when putting the handle back into the door. It was a bit of a bear at times with the clips not cooperating but It's all back together and working. Your video was a great help, I really didn't have a clue how things would come apart. Thank you again, you saved me time and money.

• @EngineeredMojo

@@billpatterson8122 glad to hear you were able to complete the install albeit with a few obstacles and that the video was able to help

• @pennedaizee
    @pennedaizee 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Great video!

• @maybeerainmaybeesnow
    @maybeerainmaybeesnow 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thank you. Very helpful! :)

• @EngineeredMojo

Glad it was helpful! And thanks for taking the time to comment

• @mattgraff2563
    @mattgraff2563 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Bought the cheap replacements. moved the action of the handle fully open and held the mechanism open with a piece of dowel. Painted the arms that break with a coat of epoxy and installed after it dried. For a buck, I shored up the plastic and the handles should last. Plastic will flex and stress so a coat of epoxy helps strengthen the plastic. Don't need authentic parts, not really.

• @EngineeredMojo

Ahh wow that's a good reinforcement tip. Worth using that to save the 80 dollars. I'll be sure to apply epoxy on next set of handles I buy to try this, probably for my Honda.

• @rinoplaysmc3608
    @rinoplaysmc3608 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

You're badass, thanks man!

• @EngineeredMojo

haha thanks for the compliment and hope the video provided good value for you

• @amyproebstel6227
    @amyproebstel6227 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Great job with the video!!! Thank you so much! I wish you had a link to the Amazon place where you got your door handle because I'd want you to get affiliate income! Take care and may God overwhelm you and your family with blessings!

• @EngineeredMojo

Thanks so much for the thoughtful comment and feedback on the video! At one time I was an Amazon affiliate member, but my channel was too small back then to continue... I need to reapply!

• @IWBVS
    @IWBVS 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

great video. I would only stick with dealer parts for door handles. The aftermarket ones break pretty quickly in my experience. $9 vs 100 but if one doesn't mind replacing it over and over gamble on the $9. I don't have time for that so I just replaced mine w the $100 OEM from Toyota. The plastic is a lot thicker. The first lasted me 1 week short of 16 years

• @EngineeredMojo

Thanks for the feedback and sharing your thoughts! I agree OEM is definitely less of a worry. So far the replacement handle I have has been good, but I also live in a mild climate. I'm watching for any signs of tweaking every time I use the handle haha

• @IWBVS
      @IWBVS 4 ปีที่แล้ว

@@EngineeredMojo glad its working out for you! I saw a few videos but ended up using yours to help me replace my tacoma's. took me 20-25 minutes.

• @genephillips3205
    @genephillips3205 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

great video!!

• @EngineeredMojo

thanks for taking the time to comment, glad you found value in the video! Hope the install went well or good luck if not done yet!