More rust repairs - Windscreen has to come out on my VW T4

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 3 ก.ค. 2022
  • So after 5 years of ownership on my lovely vw t4 caravelle, I decided it was time to attempt to repair the rust around the windscreen. The cheapest option for me was to ring insurance and put in a claim for a new windscreen as my screen is cracked and would probably fail an MOT as it is. So it turned out autoglass was the company that would be coming to remove the windscreen, and within half hour or so the guy had removed the screen and removed the old sealant. They will be back to fit a new windscreen once I've repaired the rust and let the paint set for a few days to harden. After the screen was out my nephew @TomMattin and I set out to remove the rust, which luckily was only surface rust, so after some rust treatment with rust off v' the bare metal was primed with etch primer and once dried high build primer was applied.
    I have a few rust patches around the van to be getting on with and repairing, Some of the repairs will require to be welded and others may just get away with rubbing it back to fresh metal then painting and filling. I have a few patches around the windscreen and some down the sills. And maybe the arches to repair as well, but we will get to the rest of it in another video, today I'm just going to focus on the windscreen
    All of the paint I have used is from automotive paint supplies here in Southampton. The staff are very friendly and helpful and were able to meet my every need. Visit www.automotivepaintsupplies.c... and become lost in a world of paints, fillers, and tools, some of which you would never know existed.
    If you enjoy my content or find my content helpful you can donate to help support and fund more videos in the future, you can do this via my paypal paypal.me/TwiggsT4 or maybe just buy me a coffee by clicking the super thanks heart which shows you directly supporting the channel Twiggs T4
    Show @TomMattin some love
    / tom_mattin
    You can find me here
    / twiggs_t4
    / twiggst4
    / twiggst4
    Thanks for watching
    Due to factors beyond the control of Twiggs T4, I cannot guarantee against improper use or unauthorized modifications of this information. Twiggs T4 assumes no liability for property damage or injury incurred as a result of any of the information contained in this video. Use this video at your own risk. Twiggs T4 recommends safe practices when working on vehicles and or with tools seen or implied in this video. Due to factors beyond the control of Twiggs T4, no information contained in this video shall create any expressed or implied warranty or guarantee of any particular result. Any injury, damage, or loss that may result from improper use of these tools, equipment, or from the information contained in this video is the sole responsibility of the user and not Twiggs T4.
  • ยานยนต์และพาหนะ

ความคิดเห็น • 14

• @generalt1090
    @generalt1090 ปีที่แล้ว +2

You’re real brave!! Though you’re making me think I could my own repairs!! Thanks a million for doing these videos

• @TwiggsT4
      @TwiggsT4  ปีที่แล้ว +2

Brave, haha still brown pants when its your own vehicle. I am a welder/fabricator by trade even tho I haven't been in the trade for over 20years but i still have the confidence to undertake these jobs that need to be done. Unfortunately the longer you leave the rust the worse it gets, so I will also be going round the whole van sorting every little stone chip as well. Start with a small panel and see how you get on. Its all about preparation so take your time and don't rush, a few days of prep for an hour of spraying, can feel like no progress when prepping but def worth taking your time. Results speak for themselves.

• @michelmeerman285
    @michelmeerman285 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

nice project. the van is looking awesome.

• @trimportersvanconversions6973
    @trimportersvanconversions6973 ปีที่แล้ว +1

😎Getting stuck in proper mate, love it!

• @TwiggsT4
      @TwiggsT4  ปีที่แล้ว +1

Bit scary to start with, flying through it now👌👍

• @Kai77884
    @Kai77884 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Hello a great video perfect job 👍👍👍👍greetings from Germany 🇩🇪 👋👋👋Kai 🙏😘🔊 and Thanks

• @TwiggsT4
      @TwiggsT4  ปีที่แล้ว +1

👋 thank you for all your support. Top man in the community 👍 👍 🤙🤙🤗

• @Kai77884
      @Kai77884 ปีที่แล้ว

@@TwiggsT4 thanks 😉🍻

• @grahamstaddon9990
    @grahamstaddon9990 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Good effort dude. It’s a shame the original sealer follows the roof line and seems to miss the actual joint in the panels right where it meets the screen.

• @TwiggsT4
      @TwiggsT4  ปีที่แล้ว +1

Unfortunately it was a stone chip which caused the rust and the surface rust spread under the sealant, as soon as i started to sand the rust bubbles the sealer had lifted from the metal. Yeah the sealer is so thin from factory they should of made it slightly wider.

• @mikenewman137
    @mikenewman137 6 หลายเดือนก่อน

Great work,Is the outer windscreen seal reusable ? i was thinking i would like to try the Lanoguard grease under the seal.

• @davidhenderson9197
    @davidhenderson9197 8 หลายเดือนก่อน

Does the seal around the glass need to go on before it's bonded in or afterwards? I've got a screen to change on mine after a truck threw a stone at mine in Cornwall 🤬

• @TomMattin
    @TomMattin ปีที่แล้ว +1

🤙🏼

• @TwiggsT4
      @TwiggsT4  ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for your help 🙏