Craftsman T210 Turn Tight 18-HP Hydrostatic 42-in Riding Lawn Mower from Lowe's - Early T2200

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 19 ก.ค. 2020
  • I needed a new riding mower, so I shopped all available options before settling on the Craftsman T210 riding mower from Lowe's. The T210 has the best mix of features and components on any other mower in the sub-$1800 price range, and it is the only mower with “Turn Tight” steering - a 5” turn radius. I was able to catch the mower on sale for $1599 thanks to a $200 discount special. Well worth it, IMO.
    Note: there is a new model named the T2200 that may be a replacement for the T210 for 2022
    What do you think about the mower? Comment below and share your opinions. Also, give this video a thumbs up and subscribe if you haven't already. I hope everyone has that notification bell active so you don't miss any upcoming videos on this Craftsman riding mower, plus other reviews.
    for Coupon Codes, Merch, and 🆓 promotions - Check out the links below:
    ✅ T-Shirts - kevcentral.store
    ✅ Stickers - www.ebay.com/usr/kevcentralmerch
    ✅ Bike Parts - www.amazon.com/shop/kevcentral
    ☑️ Patreon - / kevcentral
    ☑️ Twitter - / kevcentral
    Great Folding eBikes:
    Made in USA eBike $50 off Coupon Code: KEVCENTRALUSA
    code works at: electricbikecompany.com
    HP printer owner? Use this code for 1-FREE month of Instant Ink for compatible printers: try.hpinstantink.com/rk9qfy
    Some links on this page are affiliate links from which KevCentral may earn a commission. Example: as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

ความคิดเห็น • 366

• @Openfacesandwich
    @Openfacesandwich 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Low and behold I'm looking at lawn mower reviews and not paying attention to who is uploading them, click on this video because I was interested in the t240 but also looking at similar models and to my surprise the sound of my favorite bike enthusiast talking about lawn mowers was just incredibly pleasing. Thank you sir (though i'm typing this before Ive watched the whole video)

• @xer0vi
    @xer0vi 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Finally a review thats not just a commercial. Im looking to buy a riding lawn mower and thanks to this review this mower is going on my list. Thanks again.

• @tomasstomjenkins
    @tomasstomjenkins 3 ปีที่แล้ว

This isn’t a bicycle but this is a very trusted voice. I’m not even going to look at other reviews now.

• @ajensen1427
    @ajensen1427 24 วันที่ผ่านมา

I own this mower myself and it works great. That Kohler engine is built for good service. Been three years now mowing about 1.2 acres and no real problems so far, I just change the oil and filters at 50 hour increments and I run the mower on zero-ethanol fuel.

• @NobleRooster
    @NobleRooster 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Ended up buying this mower after watching your video. Cut the yard for the first time yesterday with it and man, and sure beats the hell out of the pushmower I was using! Thanks for the video man!

• @kev-reviews
      @kev-reviews  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Congrats on the new mower

• @ashleyhall3326
    @ashleyhall3326 3 ปีที่แล้ว +5

I love mine! It's the exact same as yours. I bought it after reviewing a number of different types and this is the one I thought would be best for me. I also bought the mulcher (I have to watch your video on that), but I haven't installed it yet. This is the best mower I've seen.

• @kev-reviews

Thanks, and congrats on the purchase. I haven’t installed the mulched yet either. I bought it to mulch leaves, so it will get use soon 😀

• @gbands9699
    @gbands9699 3 ปีที่แล้ว +5

This is one badass looking riding lawn mower!

• @ericwestrick462
    @ericwestrick462 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I bought this same model last year. Couldnt be happier with my purchase.

• @tomherron4334
    @tomherron4334 4 ปีที่แล้ว +25

Nice seeing the Made in USA sticker on it. As a little kid I would love to sit on the mowers at our local Sears.

• @f62darkstar
      @f62darkstar 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I have the T100 with the same sticker.....but its "Made in the USA with global materials"

• @ahopkins1978
      @ahopkins1978 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I miss sears

• @stevegressel5354
      @stevegressel5354 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Most of the parts are made off shore. The mower is only assembled it the USA.

• @tristanlane9075
    @tristanlane9075 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Like most others in the comments, you sold me on this today! Just picked up the Craftsman mower and so far so good 😎 Thanks for the help!

• @kev-reviews
      @kev-reviews  2 ปีที่แล้ว

Uploading the 1yr update in a few mins

• @joshuathewelder24
    @joshuathewelder24 3 ปีที่แล้ว +6

The Kohler 5400 series engine is an excellent engine! I have one in my Craftsman LT1000.

• @landonklemme
    @landonklemme 4 ปีที่แล้ว +20

I have been looking to buy my first riding mower, and found this review in my research. This video was nicely put together and very informative, it pretty much made my decision "concrete." Craftsman T210 it is!!! Thank you sir.

• @corygriffiths4394
      @corygriffiths4394 2 ปีที่แล้ว

I would recommend a Husqvarna I’ve had nothing but trouble with the Craftsman’s

• @adamrainwater
    @adamrainwater 3 ปีที่แล้ว +3

In April of 2020, right around the time that the first stimulus checks were being sent out, I bought my first lawn mower (similar model like in this video) and I have enjoyed the hell out of it ever since.

• @kev-reviews
      @kev-reviews  3 ปีที่แล้ว

I’m enjoying mine too. It worked perfectly all 2020 lawn cutting season and did an excellent job mulching leaves in the fall. I expect it to work through 2021 equally well.

• @motormouth2472
    @motormouth2472 3 ปีที่แล้ว +9

I'm not a huge fan of newer mowers. I'd rather just use an older, more reliable one. But if I had to choose a newer mower, this would be something I'd put my money towards. These look like they were built with exceptional quality, and I can appreciate that. Great review 👍🏼

• @motormouth2472
      @motormouth2472 ปีที่แล้ว

@@silverjem alright, I'll keep that in mind, thanks for your input

• @silverjem
      @silverjem ปีที่แล้ว +1

Its not terrible as a motor but the carb and accessories are cheaply made way 2 much plastic. 3 year owner here.

• @briantownsley2718
    @briantownsley2718 ปีที่แล้ว

my 2023 Chraftsman T2200 being delivered tomorrow. Excited about the delivery, chose it for all the same reasons you mentioned. My old Craftsman LT1000 is 20 years old and I was happy with it so hopefully the new was last a long time.

• @kev-reviews
      @kev-reviews  ปีที่แล้ว

Congrats on the new mower!

• @blautens
    @blautens 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Nice mower, I've never considered some of the deck features you mentioned, that's interesting. I like the looks of your mower, too. I've given up on newish Briggs engines, also, but I don't know enough about Kohler to feel comfortable with those, yet. I'm a big fan of Honda or Subaru engines for my small equipment now, and I can't recommend them enough. The Subarus I have don't feel as smooth as my Honda engines, but they just run flawlessly even under really heavy use, at least for me.

• @tonyrobertsguitar
    @tonyrobertsguitar 3 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Great vid! I'm about to purchase the T260 ;)

• @jamesmcdonagh8719
    @jamesmcdonagh8719 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Beautiful lawn mower and well built

• @purplegarage05
    @purplegarage05 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I dont care what it is all of kevs content is just so nice

• @TaaarrrrHeeeels
    @TaaarrrrHeeeels 2 ปีที่แล้ว

I just got my T2200 yesterday. Glad I found your video, much better than the manual that came with it. Considering the English pages of the manual were not separated but once I cut them apart, somehow all pages had print on them but several pages were blurry or faded.

• @kev-reviews

Congrats on the new mower

• @CapeAnnImages
    @CapeAnnImages 3 ปีที่แล้ว +3

That looks just like my Cub Cadet XT1 except mine has LED headlights and a different steering system. My 42" deck has 4 anti scalp wheels which is perfect for my hilly yards. Power plant,dash and tires are the same. I also use it to plow snow, tire chains are a must. I noticed you call it a "more" while I call it a "mower"! Actually here in Gloucester, Ma we call it a "mowa"!

• @kev-reviews
      @kev-reviews  3 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Very similar and made in the same factory. The trade offs are the LED lights and anti scalp rear deck wheels vs a slightly higher spec transmission and a tighter turning radius - I think the XT1 is 8” vs the Craftsman 5”. Both mowers made it to my top 2. If it weren’t for my love of the Craftsman brand I would have certainly ended up with the Cub Cadet. 👍🏼

• @yourpro3653
    @yourpro3653 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Cool video!! I like the series you did on this mower!

• @mpraineri
    @mpraineri 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I currently have a Craftsman LT2000 with a 17HP Kohler Command Pro engine. purchased new in 2003, runs like a top. Hope the 5400 series is as well built as the Command Pro.

• @jimratzlaff3112
    @jimratzlaff3112 4 ปีที่แล้ว

That looked like fun. Nice review.

• @AmericanMan961
    @AmericanMan961 4 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Craftsman bringing their stuff back to america is the best thing to happen to them

• @onekittyhawk63
      @onekittyhawk63 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Their still made from a number of foreign parts.

• @Pontiac2001GT
      @Pontiac2001GT 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Craftsman isn’t a company, its just a name on stickers. These tractors are made by MTD, who have always made their tractors in the US, including the ones they used to label craftsman for Sears. The name Craftsman is owned by Stanley Black and Decker (who own 20% of MTD)

• @rogerthat.9105
      @rogerthat.9105 11 หลายเดือนก่อน

@@Pontiac2001GT. Not true.. my 2013 craftsman YT 3000 was made by Husqvarna if so, so right on the engine in and under the serial number.

• @SharkLifeVentures
    @SharkLifeVentures 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for the video!!!

• @sheldonh200981
    @sheldonh200981 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Wow that is a damn nice mower love that RED wow very nice 👍

• @SharkLifeVentures
    @SharkLifeVentures 3 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Just got mine today can’t wait to use it!!!

• @danburland7190
    @danburland7190 7 หลายเดือนก่อน

Last year I decided to leave my mulching cover on during the summer and am very happy with the results. Also, I found that my front wheel has nylon bushings. I thought "oh know how cheap". Then I took off the wheel and found out that after 450 hours of use that there was zero wear on my axle. That's right zero wear. Whenever my lawn mower needs replacing I will replace the front wheel bushings or bearing with nylon bushings. (I saw that one place was selling the nylon bushings for 69 cents. I think that explains why all companies use steel bushings or steel bearings. They can't make money by selling you 69 cent bushings.)

• @jedi_drifter2988
    @jedi_drifter2988 3 ปีที่แล้ว +4

I just pulled the trigger on the 46" model after watching your vid. It has all the bells and whistles that I like . Call me old school but I like the Manual Blade Engagement, I think it will be less expensive if it ever goes bad.

• @1999Valkyrie
    @1999Valkyrie 3 ปีที่แล้ว +6

This appears to be an "MTD-produced" mower, meaning MTD also makes Cub Cadet as well as a few other brands. That said, this Craftsman has a couple features my Cub Cadet lacks...first being that tight turn radius, the second being the Zerk fittings on the front wheels. From what I can see here, you made a wise choice!

• @kev-reviews

Thanks. The craftsman does have a slightly higher torque rating for the transmission, but like it’s cub-sibling - no zerk fittings on the rear wheel.

• @corygriffiths4394
      @corygriffiths4394 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Husqvarna is much better I had nothing but trouble with the Craftsman’s

• @SigGuy320
    @SigGuy320 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

This was a great review! Thank you for all the detailed information. You just made mower shopping a little easier for me.

• @bentonfrala4633
    @bentonfrala4633 2 ปีที่แล้ว +4

I love this mower. Truly one of the best purchases ive ever made. Oil changes are simple. Startup is simple. It cuts incredibly well and the 42 inch deck + 18hp kohler engine is a must

• @robs9324
      @robs9324 2 ปีที่แล้ว

How much did you pay for it new

• @pelle8632
    @pelle8632 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Great job

• @andybecker2693
    @andybecker2693 ปีที่แล้ว

I bought my Craftsman GT3000 back in 1999. It came with a Kohler Command 23 Pro which has given me reliable service except for a $25 fuel pump and regular maintenance. You now have to buy a $10,000 zero turn to get that engine now. 23 years of service and I parked it running. I upgraded to a zero turn which takes me half of the time that it used to with half of the fuel as well. Yes, they are more expensive but time is money and fuel savings add up.

• @svcodemonkey
    @svcodemonkey 3 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Excellent review. I'm sold on this one. Now just have to find it in stock somewhere.

• @boostedKTM
      @boostedKTM 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Same lol

• @Susann1984
      @Susann1984 ปีที่แล้ว

Lowe"s sells them and ACE .

• @grandpa7278
    @grandpa7278 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Received my New T225 afew day's ago, mowed perfectly, large lawn never looked better, but......
    Back at the garage, while cleaning, noticed the steering wheel is now way off!! It was fine when received, but somehow in 45min of normal mowing its 45° off to the side!
    Time will tell whats wrong, a store guy is coming to "look" at it, but kept mentioning factory warranty.

• @baldeagle242
    @baldeagle242 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for sharing. 👍

• @harper626
    @harper626 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Good video. Just bought my T210. Have not mowed yet but have high expectations now.

• @pallasathenanX10
      @pallasathenanX10 3 ปีที่แล้ว

where did you buy it all have seen are out of stock

• @harper626
      @harper626 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@pallasathenanX10 Got mine in Little Rock, Ark. at Lowes. They called dealers around the state and found one in Conway, Ark. and had it delivered.

• @paulabrannan1111
    @paulabrannan1111 ปีที่แล้ว +1

U should have also reviewed mechanic videos. As a many year MTD owner. This 1 is exact same as a standard MTD tractor. Overall good tractor for 5 years. But 5-20 was a constant maintenance hog

• @DIYSolarEnergy
    @DIYSolarEnergy 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I wasnt a Lowes Craftmans kinda guy, until i got a new pressure washer, and boy its been great!

• @Pontiac2001GT

It’s a Briggs and Stratton washer. With an Annovi Reverberi pump

• @DIYSolarEnergy
      @DIYSolarEnergy 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@Pontiac2001GT Mine has a Honda motor !!

• @Pontiac2001GT

@@DIYSolarEnergy it was bolted to the frame by Briggs then. Lol. Somewhere on there it says “Craftsman used under license by Briggs and Stratton Power Products Division” or something to that effect.

• @chrisj4922
    @chrisj4922 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Very good review. Have had this mower for one year now and love it. Found this to be the same mower as the Cub Cadet and the Troy Bilt, but the Craftsman is the only one with the tight turn feature, which really makes a difference and made this the easy choice. However, after not having the key turned back all the way when putting the mower away, I've killed the battery for a second time from having the lights on. I will now make use of that blank plate on the dash, and will be buying a switch for the lights.

• @bennymcdonald8575
      @bennymcdonald8575 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Husqvarna used to build Craftsman riding mowers

• @j887276
    @j887276 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Paid about $1,200 for the Craftsman T110 from Lowe's WITH free delivery and a dump trailer and mulch kit. Yes, it also has a metal hood. The bumper and wash port are available online for $19.99, already ordered them. Manual transmission, as hydrostatic transmissions give out as I experienced on my $5,000 Husqvarna 54" deck 26hp. No regrets, wish I had done more research and bought this in the 1st place. 8 years later, I'm mowing happily with $$$ in my pocket. Sold my old Husqvarna mower, it's still in use to this day I was happy to hear.

• @robertfrank9228
    @robertfrank9228 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Nice machine.

• @jayrichardson5811
    @jayrichardson5811 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I have the craftsman T240 awesome machine

• @sillery3439
    @sillery3439 4 ปีที่แล้ว +13

I was looking at the John Deere e110 but went by local Lowe’s to pick up some charcoal and saw the t210 and saw the price was less then half what John Deere was so here I am doing research I believe you sold me on this mower

• @tonydancz6789
      @tonydancz6789 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I’m getting one tomorrow T210

• @Malcomb35
    @Malcomb35 3 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Sweet gloves 😍

• @ROBinJVILLE
    @ROBinJVILLE 4 ปีที่แล้ว +5

I'm still rolling on a 1980s snapper lol. Things a beast

• @kev-reviews
      @kev-reviews  4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

The mower I’m coming from is a 2009 Snapper RER. Loved that little mower, but HI VAC is a blessing and a curse

• @garypic4083
      @garypic4083 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Just Craftsman 210 coming off of 2005 28 in snapper rear engine hate that lawn mower to no end worst piece of junk I thought I ever bought it was good the first year or two after that you keep it worst turning radius on the market it's horrible I can't wait to get home and ride this

• @patshelton3712
      @patshelton3712 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I just bought the T210 after retiring my old rally with a Briggs and Stratton engine. She ran for 25 years with just regular maintenance.

• @joserenteria9417
    @joserenteria9417 ปีที่แล้ว

VERY impressed with the turning radius. Wish you'd of shown the steering linkage. Don't think I've ever seen that type

• @rogerthat.9105

I have a 2013 craftsman yt 3000..ten years and counting one owner..outside of regular maintenance and a ignition coil…all original parts…belts tires etc…I hope that I can get another ten years….still love it….

• @rogerthat.9105

What grade oil should I use? I live in New England Massachusetts.

• @cjsteele9594
      @cjsteele9594 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

People abuse their mowers, and do ZERO maintenance, then complain when it breaks.

• @rogerthat.9105
      @rogerthat.9105 หลายเดือนก่อน

I am also from Massachusetts and I just use 10 W-40. Sorry for the late reply but I just had seen your question today.

• @rogerthat.9105
      @rogerthat.9105 หลายเดือนก่อน

Sorry for the late reply, but I had just seen your question today. I always use 10W-40 and I also live in Massachusetts with no problems with that oil.

• @jeffreydevoti7000
    @jeffreydevoti7000 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Earlier MTD mowers had black gas tanks, they were stronger, lasted longer because they have carbon black in the plastic (like tires) where as translucent are resin only. They dry out and get brittle with age.

• @adamhg985
    @adamhg985 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Went from a 2006 Troy Bilt Bronco to this Craftsman t210. This thing is a beast.

• @kev-reviews
      @kev-reviews  4 ปีที่แล้ว

Congrats on the new mower 🥳

• @ravencottage
      @ravencottage 4 ปีที่แล้ว

They are all made by the same company!

• @kev-reviews

MTD, but there are small variations in features/components between the brands they make. It’s also worth note that Stanley Black & Decker (owners of Craftsman) are now a stakeholder in MTD.

• @jamminwithgt283
    @jamminwithgt283 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Purchased a new Craftsman T210 a few months ago. Great tractor so far, EXCEPT that the Kohler 5400 series engine is very loud. I am forced to wear ear plugs and ear muffs to tolerate the loud engine noise. I've owned two Craftsman tractors with Briggs and Straton engines and they were very quite with tons of power. Currently searching for an after market muffler to hopefully quieten down this engine. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• @stanleykeith6969
    @stanleykeith6969 3 ปีที่แล้ว +3

I have a 46 inch older Craftsman, I think its about 5 years old. I have never had that much dust and dirt as you have, I even noticed all the clippings under on the deck.

• @greenkeeper448
    @greenkeeper448 3 ปีที่แล้ว

This is same lawn tractor that I bought at Home Depot as a cub cadet. There are some differences, though they are minor. I really like my mower, though I think this sears brand mower is very pretty.

• @kev-reviews

Thank. I like the Cub Cadet look too! Have you seen the new Cub Cadet eMower’s updated look. Super cool.

• @nearly-blindbrian8372
    @nearly-blindbrian8372 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Kev.. I am still using the rear engine mower you are talking a bout in this video.. Yea, the controls to engage the blade are ridiculous. Long time Kev Central view now migrating over to this site.. thanks for the review..

• @scrambler69-xk3kv
    @scrambler69-xk3kv 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

If you have ever run a John Deere two pedal hydro, you would understand why those on yours are a deal breaker. Hate that reverse pedal. And as far as those vented spindles, well that is really just a cost cutting measure any metal you can eliminate as a manufacturer is savings for the company. Saw an older Cub Cadet made by MTD as well have cracks in the deck around those spindles. As a side by side two pedal hydro, I spent many eight- hour days on a John Deere F1145 Front mower and they are just so comfortable to use. The heal of your foot never leaves the floor, you just pivot your toes left and right to the forward or reverse pedal. Love them.

• @onekittyhawk63
    @onekittyhawk63 3 ปีที่แล้ว

My 2020 Cub Cadet XT1 Enduto with Intellipower also kicked up grass onto the deck and into the engine compartment. During windy days, I had to wear goggles to keep grass from blowing back into my eyes after being blown out the chute. Safety glasses did no good.

• @michaelmarsocci7768
    @michaelmarsocci7768 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Great video. Debating the T210 vs a Husky. How did the mulching go for you? I do not have much room for the discharge shoot, so I want to buy the mulch kit with it.

• @ciphercode2298
    @ciphercode2298 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Identical to my 8 year old cub cadet,which has so far given good service. The only thing I've done to mine was changed the belts and the pto engagement lever bent after some years. It was a pain to change but only cost $30. Mine has the kohler courage 19hp,and it's got a bad wrap. I've never had any trouble with mine. Leaks a little oil, but I've almost got 300 hours on it. If I were in the market,I wouldnt hesitate to buy another one.

• @unti419
      @unti419 2 ปีที่แล้ว

One of the problems with the Courage engine is the front top case bolts coming loose in the bucket type engine. This will cause cracks and leaks in the case and can even back out enough to rub on the flywheel. They didn't use LockTite at the factory on many of the early engines. You can take off the top shroud, four bolts and a screw, and check/tighten the front bolts, or all of them. Not all Courage engines had this problem, but an easy check to avoid big problems.

• @ciphercode2298
      @ciphercode2298 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@unti419 Yeah I know,I check mine periodically . So far I haven't had any loosen up. I do wish it was a v twin, but maybe my next mower.

• @kev-reviews

This isn’t a courage engine

• @unti419
      @unti419 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@kev-reviews No one said yours was a Courage. I was responding to Cipher Code who has a Courage engine. You have a 5400 series Kohler which was redesigned to correct the Courage problems. I have several 5400's and they seem reliable so far.

• @williamvigil2951
    @williamvigil2951 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Greetings from Dothan! Looks alot like a Snapper. Wonder if there's any relation? I'll probably go with a troy bilt and pretend it's a Husky. Great vid brosky keep it comin

• @jimmycarter9099
    @jimmycarter9099 2 ปีที่แล้ว

I like the the 1990 mtd can’t beat it

• @adamhg985
    @adamhg985 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Had to lay my 2006 Troy Bilt Bronco to rest. I think this will be my new one.

• @fastguned
      @fastguned 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Ha - I have a 1996 Snapper tractor style and it's still going strong.with a few tweaks like a fuel shutoff and throttle cable

• @tigermanmccool4037
      @tigermanmccool4037 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I got the horse it's a beast

• @ericpigg2689
    @ericpigg2689 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Ditch those headlight bulbs and stick two LED headlight bulbs in there. Great $15 upgrade. Brighter for increased visibility and less battery draw.

• @kev-reviews

I’m determined to see how long they last

• @mtbhacker6597
    @mtbhacker6597 3 ปีที่แล้ว +17

I just like driving so I use mowers as practice as a 13 yr old lol

• @SigGuy320
      @SigGuy320 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I did the same thing when I was a kid. My dad's riding mower was like my first car.

• @wheelie642
      @wheelie642 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Hahaha my little brother did the same thing when he was 13. He used to pop the clutch on the hill and it would do strait up wheelies.

• @No-dy3zk
      @No-dy3zk 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Same here. I am really good at driving just from driving mowers and watching other people drive.

• @kevinsmithkevins7052
    @kevinsmithkevins7052 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Great video I just bought a bronco from Home Depot they delivered it in a crate it did not come assembled basically the seat the steering wheel the battery and maybe some of the parts I bought a plow for it and chains for the tires
    Hopefully it will plow snow I did not assemble it not knowing if I assemble it wrong does the warranty cover it so I need help with assembly maybe you can make a video have a nice day

• @dookoonu2741
    @dookoonu2741 3 ปีที่แล้ว

very informative but I needed to see more of the reverse feature demonstrated

• @Scottierolls
      @Scottierolls 3 ปีที่แล้ว

C'mon man -Joe Biden

• @Cefon2121
    @Cefon2121 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Is there a batter shut off switch to avoid having to waste battery power

• @MrJoemama327
    @MrJoemama327 ปีที่แล้ว

I'm having a problem with mine the choke is not retracting to open and run, Is there a return spring for the choke other than the one on the carburetor? can someone take picture of theirs to see if I'm missing an external spring. Mine is getting stuck closed.

• @cup_and_cone
    @cup_and_cone 4 ปีที่แล้ว

I wish the Craftsman mowers existed a few years ago... definitely would have bought one instead of 42" TroyBilt because they are much better feature/value packed. I have the mulching kit on mine. I believe it's basically same as your Craftsman, decks look very similar (both mowers are made by MTD). The mulch kit works good, but you'll either have to slow down or lower your deck if you're mulching excessively overgrown grass or heavy leaves.

• @kev-reviews

Thanks. Did you change to the mulching blades? I’ve read that people are having better luck with the Oregon Gator blades. Stanley B&D (owners of Craftsman) now own a big chunk of MTD. I think that’s why the new Craftsman mowers are well equipped.

• @cup_and_cone
      @cup_and_cone 4 ปีที่แล้ว

@@kev-reviews Yep, I'm using the mulching blades that came with the kit. If I remember correctly, the parts list in the kit is literally just five items including the blades. I'm primarily using the mulching kit for tall grass, so I'm not having to go back over a second time. Our Autumn leaf fall here along the Gulf Coast isn't too bad, otherwise I'd probably look more seriously into better mulching blades. I will probably upgrade them when time comes for new blades.

• @moonziemoonzie5524
    @moonziemoonzie5524 3 ปีที่แล้ว +9

Since this is such an excellent informative video, I'll chime in a few observations on my T310 - the larger version of the mower reviewed here.
    My yard isn't too bad on hills. Just one slope that's steep - probably 10* or so. On that slope, if I don't mow perpendicular to the slope, the deck will stripe the grass pretty bad. But with the tight turn and the mulch kit, this isn't a problem.
    I bought and installed a digital temp gauge on amazon. After 30+ min of mowing, the K46 trans will level off at around 120*F. If I engage the parking brake for a few minutes (clutch in, trans fan not cooling), it'll climb to about 140*F but re-engage the clutch / cooling fan and it cools rapidly.
    I upgraded to the Luyed 1700 bulbs you can get on amazon. The halogens burned out on me in less than 20 hours of use which I thought was odd. Voltmeter reports good consistent voltage. Cheap bulbs?
    I oiled my deck the beginning of the 2020 season with veggie oil. I think it washed away pretty quick. I use the deckwash after every mow, lower the deck for max cleaning but be careful not to let the blades bog down too much or you'll be out $75 for a new deck belt.
    Also installed the mulch kit and plug. Grass does escape the underside a little but it's not bad. Lesson learned: don't hose the top of the deck with water. My spindles sound worn after 30 hours of use. Water goes under the deck only. I use compressed air on the top and everywhere else.
    Remove the mulch plug before any kind of cleaning!! Otherwise it turns into a gross stinky mess.
    The deck bogs down some when mulching thick grass and makes a funky sound, but the Kohler KT735 never runs short on power. Side discharge is very nice and evenly distributed.
    Love my new mower!

• @kev-reviews

Thanks for sharing. Great info

• @wheelie642
      @wheelie642 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Very nice of you to chime in.👍👍

• @garyhumphries348
    @garyhumphries348 2 ปีที่แล้ว

It's so much like my cub it looks like a cub

• @kev-reviews

They are very close relatives. Both made in the same factory by MTD.

• @andyroye5622
    @andyroye5622 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Very nice 👌🏾 but two too many wheels for you Mr.KC🤣🤣🤣

• @ivarmccubbin2072
    @ivarmccubbin2072 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I was looking at getting a small riding mower like this. I am a Craftsman fan. My 42" Craftsman I purchased in 2007 went kaput, the engine burns oil and smokes real bad. Can't find anyone to repair it inexpensively. When I bought My Craftsman in 2007, I bought it at a Sears Store and the machine was made by Huskvarna. I was at Home Depot today looking at a Cub Cadet XT1 which is also offers a 42" cut. Both machines have alot of similarities. Are these both the Craftsman T210 and Cub Cadet XT1 made by the same company? Also I have never owned a mower or other machine that is powered by a small engine that was not powered by a Briggs and Stratton engine. I have had extremely good luck with these engines. How does the Kohler fair?

• @dodgeramsport01
    @dodgeramsport01 2 ปีที่แล้ว

looks like a cub cadet with different hood!

• @kev-reviews

Both made by MTD, but there are some differences I covered in my 1yr update

• @eastonstrychasz5330
    @eastonstrychasz5330 3 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Awesome purchase man just a heads up after about 2 years the steering rode bushing wear out but are super cheap to repair

• @tigermanmccool4037
      @tigermanmccool4037 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I got a Troy , It don't turn left as well as to the right

• @eastonstrychasz5330
      @eastonstrychasz5330 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@tigermanmccool4037 well that might be something different what model Troy do you have?

• @sherryscott4104
    @sherryscott4104 ปีที่แล้ว

What belt goes on it? The site says 1/2 in. X 96.5 in but it's way too tight.

• @adamneulander
    @adamneulander 4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

You could solder in a switch for the headlights so you don't have to worry about the battery so much, just an idea.

• @kev-reviews
      @kev-reviews  4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Already thinking about that. I have a buddy that’s an electrical wiz. Next time he’s in town I may have a job for him.

• @jessejamesdaniels
      @jessejamesdaniels 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

And convert to led for less draw

• @adamneulander
      @adamneulander 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@jessejamesdaniels yea that'd be a smart move

• @blakecraft5143
    @blakecraft5143 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Hey hey roll tide!

• @comodice905
    @comodice905 3 ปีที่แล้ว

sweetbeef do you recommend starting mower weekly or just leaving it if you dont use it during a drought for months at a time thanks hot sweet dog

• @stevieg.4816
    @stevieg.4816 ปีที่แล้ว

Made by MTD. It's very similar to the Cub Cadet with minor changes. Compare them together. I own the XT1 and will say if I was to go back when I purchased it , with the knowledge I have today, I would have purchased the Craftsman. The same but not. The price for something so similar, the metal hood, the brush bar, etc, would have been the deciding factor. Get the same with more for less.

• @billcurry8982
    @billcurry8982 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Hey dude check Troy built it's the exact same lawn mower just Like mine Accept the Craftsman Decal is on it And my Troy built also has a kolar engine. My last Troy built lasted 11 years did nothing but oil changes and blades and that was the Briggs.

• @cindywallace217
    @cindywallace217 7 วันที่ผ่านมา

I have had this mower for 3 years and works great . However the rear end just quit pulling an making a popping sound. Let is tight, has someone to look at and said it is gonna need a another rear end . Any recommendations were to get one?

• @kev-reviews
      @kev-reviews  7 วันที่ผ่านมา

They make rebuild kits, but they’re expensive, so is the labor. I’ve read that full replacement units can be ordered directly from Tuff Torque

• @D-Slowpass
    @D-Slowpass 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for the review. My rear motor went bad. Looking forward to moving up to a front motor with wider cut deck

• @bennymcdonald8575
    @bennymcdonald8575 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Has Husqvarna fixed the problem with the trans?

• @tonydancz6789
    @tonydancz6789 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I’m going to get me one

• @lastmanstanding2622
    @lastmanstanding2622 3 ปีที่แล้ว

FYI, this Craftsman mower is basically a Cub Cadet XT1 LT42. Check it out.
    On the same note, my Craftsman Pro zero turn is actually made by Husqvarna.

• @kev-reviews

Both are made by MTD, of which Stanley Black and Decker (owners of Crafstman) owns a decent percentage of. That means they’ll share core components with only small differences to help differentiate between brands.

• @M70ACARRY
    @M70ACARRY 3 ปีที่แล้ว

pretty

• @derekk4997
    @derekk4997 4 ปีที่แล้ว

I just hit 25 hours on mine and the front wheels are Out of alignment? Any resources on how to fix that? I can’t find anything?

• @kev-reviews
      @kev-reviews  4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Did you hit something or did they change adjustment on their own? I haven’t looked at a way to adjust that. Maybe I’ll pay attention to that area next time I’m on it.

• @BeefStewLuvr
    @BeefStewLuvr 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Could I bring my bagger from my older model craftsman?

• @activels9099
    @activels9099 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Take my word with a grain of salt, but I think that the T210 is basically the same as the cub cadet XT1. Just that the T210 is red, has a different hood, and the deck is most likely a slightly lower quality than the XT1

• @kev-reviews

Both are closely related, but there are a few differences. Notable among them the tighter turn radius of the T210 (5” vs 16) and the higher torque spec of the transmission.

• @mrbubetube
    @mrbubetube 4 ปีที่แล้ว

it would help a lot if you didn't use a fisheye lens to make it look like you're mowing on a giant beach ball

• @jarrodpenton2649
    @jarrodpenton2649 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I have the same engine and i was told after 10 hours to change the oil 🤔🤔

• @angelt3043
    @angelt3043 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Do you know what size spark plug this takes? Lowes couldn't help me ironically...they have Briggs and Stratton and champion no Kohler spark plugs.

• @fastguned
      @fastguned 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I don't think Kohler makes spark plugs but I may be wrong.

• @richardbell6229
    @richardbell6229 3 ปีที่แล้ว

bought a 310 24hp. love if

• @pedalsteel5
    @pedalsteel5 3 ปีที่แล้ว

needs a light switch...did you put one on ? thanks, tom

• @kev-reviews

I’ve debated it, but so far I’ve been letting the headlights shine.

• @eaglespetty
    @eaglespetty 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Looks like a red Cub Cadet.

• @bigk3381
    @bigk3381 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Great video... Question please... will it continue to run if you step out of the seat.?

• @kev-reviews
      @kev-reviews  2 ปีที่แล้ว +2

If the parking brake is engaged and the blades aren’t on - yes.

• @erwinerwin1245
    @erwinerwin1245 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Is that front bumper strong enough to hook up a block and tackle and lift the mower up? Great review.

• @kev-reviews

Thanks. It’s bolted to the frame and I’ve seen people online pushing things with it, but I wouldn’t personally depend on it to support the 300-400lbs it would be lifting at the front.

• @erwinerwin1245
      @erwinerwin1245 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@kev-reviews Thanks for your response. My idea is to lift it up at the front on a block and tackle so one could say remove the blades. Other words the tractor would be suspended in the air, and supported by that bumper. Or would the bumper rip off. Tnanks

• @Sylvan_dB
    @Sylvan_dB 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Any fall update on the T210? And back on the lawn now this spring?

• @kev-reviews

Hoping to film something this Month. Used it all of last summer cutting, then all fall mulching leaves. I've already had it out 2 times this spring. Still doing great!