50MP Medium Format vs 40MP APS-C, who wins Fuji GFX50sII or Fuji X-H2/X-T5???

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 11 ธ.ค. 2022
  • Thanks again to Cameramall for loaning me the Fujifilm GFX50sII and kit lens. It is a great camera and kit to work with and I was sad to return in after a week. Making this comparison with the 40MP Fujifilm X-H2 to see if the X-H2 can compete. Let me know you thoughts in the comments...
    Here is the link to cameramall.com if you interested. Great group of folks. Best small bus experience I have had over the past 5 years.
    #Fujifilm #photography #Xh2 #gfx50sii #streetphotography #camera
    Websites
    warrencuretonphotography.com
    Http://paintwlite.com
    Buy select Prints at warrencureton.darkroom.tech/

ความคิดเห็น • 23

• @TarrelScot
    @TarrelScot ปีที่แล้ว +2

Just the comparison I was looking for, thanks. I have the 50r and have considered switching down to the X-T5, but I borrowed an X-h2 from Fujifilm for a couple of weeks and it didn’t QUITE do it for me. But the X-H2 (and even more so, the X-T5) makes a compelling proposition in terms of weight, size, lens-size and IBIS (which my 50r doesn’t have). I shoot a lot in low light, and the IBIS could well yield me sharper images that outweigh the actual detail-differences between the two sensors. One thing I wanted to check when I had the H2 was could I hand-hold at 1/4 - 1/2 sec with an ultra-wide lens. That would give me hand-held low-angle seascapes with the freedom to move and work with the waves much more than if I was using a tripod. The answer based on my limited test was “no”, but I suspect it might have been technique rather than shortcomings in the IBIS!

• @warrenc2306
      @warrenc2306  ปีที่แล้ว

I am big on trying out gear via rentals to help answer questions the user has on how they plan to work with the gear. Great job doing that and I am glad my comparison helped you get the answer you needed as well. Cheers!!!

• @catherinegrimes2308
    @catherinegrimes2308 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Very good video. Considering the difference in sensor sizes, I was impressed with the X-H2.

• @warrenc2306
      @warrenc2306  ปีที่แล้ว

The X-H2 is very impressive!!!

• @Simon-Simon-Simon
    @Simon-Simon-Simon 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

think the new GFX 50 OR 60 in the new GFX 100II BODY AND VIDEO
    will be a beast

• @lumberjack3008
    @lumberjack3008 ปีที่แล้ว +5

The 18-55mm isn't the best lens to test details and resolution - not by far.
    The new 30mm or the 80mm would be a much better choice.
    Same for ISO 1250.... base ISO would be more appropriate.

• @warrenc2306
      @warrenc2306  ปีที่แล้ว +3

I would say the same for the kit lens GF 35-70mm. I wanted to try to keep it similar to what the kit was providing. The next time I will use the XF-16-55mm red badge.

• @aloi
      @aloi 9 หลายเดือนก่อน

​@@warrenc2306The 35-70mm punches way above its price, it's almost on par with the GF primes.

• @chuckm482
    @chuckm482 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Take the much better 16-55 lens on that X-H2 and you'll be MUCH closer in comparison. Plus, PLUS not withstanding the price difference, the X-H2 is by far the better of the 2. My opinion. Thanks for the video! CM

• @warrenc2306
      @warrenc2306  ปีที่แล้ว

If I can get the 50sii again, I will use the 16-55 for sure. Time was very limited with it in my hands.

• @chuckm482
      @chuckm482 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@warrenc2306 That's ok. I'm just letting you know there would be VERY little difference with the right lens on the X-H2.

• @warrenc2306
      @warrenc2306  ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@chuckm482 I will see I think i will plan a part 2 of that video!!

• @chuckm482
      @chuckm482 ปีที่แล้ว

@@warrenc2306 That would be fantastic! Thank you

• @kurotaka007
    @kurotaka007 4 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Warren… this is my exact dilemma. Thanks for this comparison. Here’s a question… do you find the GFX 35-70 too confining or does it cover photo shoots adequately. I retired to Japan and moving from SONY to FUJi . Got XH2 and XH2S. I’m sure you really notice when you print. So in summary, (don’t want to put words in your mouth) but you’re ok with XH2. No compelling reason to move? Thanks. I am subscribing.

• @warrenc2306
      @warrenc2306  4 หลายเดือนก่อน

Thanks for the sub. As for the 35-70, I found the image quality to be my issue. Not bad at all, but the 32-64 is better imho. I actually preferred the Xh2 over the X-T5. Ergonomics are way better for me as well as build quality.

• @brianw6645
    @brianw6645 ปีที่แล้ว +1

X-H2 is doing a great job, but just isn't on the same level. Thank you for putting in the effort to do this comparison. Thumbs up!

• @warrenc2306
      @warrenc2306  ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for watching!! Sensor size does matter.

• @robertbland5131
    @robertbland5131 ปีที่แล้ว

Why you did not include the pics of shift mode photo from the XH2

• @warrenc2306
      @warrenc2306  ปีที่แล้ว

I did not have the time. The sun was setting fast and I was not setup to shoot pixel shift shoots (tripods, triggers).

• @robertbland5131

@@warrenc2306 you could’ve even sharpened up the XH2 files. And I’m pretty sure it would’ve made it even better difference and matching up… with some contrast.. but nice video anyway

• @warrenc2306
      @warrenc2306  ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@robertbland5131 if I have the camera again for a longer period of time. I will consider your suggests. But honestly. There is no comparison. The x-h2 is good but sensor size matters here. The 50s will beat it cause it can collect more data. The goal I was hoping to show was the xh2 is excellent for an apsc size sensor. Comparisons on detail would yeald the same result

• @robertbland5131

@@warrenc2306 I understand, but you still could’ve gave it a more fighting chance… then just leaving it pretty much basic.. since it is the underdog sort of speak…

• @warrenc2306
      @warrenc2306  ปีที่แล้ว +2

@@robertbland5131 ok… Not sure I agree. The X-h2 is a beast and punches high above its weight IMHO. Have a great holiday !!!