What's the difference between the Triumph Bonneville T120 and the T100?

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 1 ต.ค. 2024
  • What's the difference between the Triumph Bonneville T120 and the T100? - Several people have asked me which I'd rather own, a new Triumph Bonneville T100 or the bigger T120. I'm thrilled that Triumph have loaned me a brand new T120 for long term review so at last I can get to know the bike and compare it with the T100 which is my favourite Bonneville to date. In this first video I look at the differences between the two machines...
    I'm now on that Twitter thing! Join me @MissendenFlyer
    You can now follow me on Facebook too The Missenden Flyer@TheMissendenFlyer
    I use the following equipment to record and edit my VLOGs:-
    GoPro HD Hero 4 helmet camera amzn.to/2lQVI1a
    GoPro Session (4) "B" Camera amzn.to/2lTT0oz
    Nikon D7100 DSLR for static and video shots with various lenses amzn.to/2lU1gEX
    Lavalier microphone and sellotape for in helmet audio amzn.to/2kOZVOU
    BOYA BY-M1 3.5 mm Lavalier Microphone for in-garage pieces amzn.to/2pVAf4X
    Movo LV20 Dual Lavalier Clip-on Microphones for 2 person interviews amzn.to/2qQuw5r
    Power Director 8 for the PC (for video editing) amzn.to/2kP3HaR
    Radio mic for in garage audio amzn.to/2lpq61B
    Rode VIDEOMICPRO On Camera Microphone for general use amzn.to/2qvcZwv
    Rode Deadcat VMPR Windshield to kill wind noise amzn.to/2qroOWG
    Neewer CN 160 LED Dimmable Ultra High Power Panel Video Light amzn.to/2qQPEs2
    Goliton® Camera DSLR Triple Mount for LED Video Lights Microphones amzn.to/2rpUlGg
    A pair of Lantoo LED Floodlight 50W for additional lighting amzn.to/2rpOKjs
    My current motorcyles are:-
    Honda CRF250L
    Triumph Street Triple R
    BMW R1200GS
    Ducati 899 Panigale
    For any additional enquiries please send a PM, contact me via Twitter or Facebook or leave a comment below...

ความคิดเห็น • 363

• @deormanrobey892
    @deormanrobey892 7 ปีที่แล้ว +105

Want to improve the feel of T-100 brakes? Ride a 1960's model for a while. lol.

• @TheMissendenFlyer
      @TheMissendenFlyer  7 ปีที่แล้ว

Hehe, like it....great tip!

• @petewielsma423
      @petewielsma423 7 ปีที่แล้ว +3

I hear ya mate lol , own a 71 T150 since 1996 , great bike but yep , goes like hell but when ya need to stop rather urgently its change down a gear or 2 and aim for a gap lol , keeps you alert and young ay 😬🤔 way more fun than my 2015 Thunderbird I reckon , cheers

• @telestrat060
      @telestrat060 7 ปีที่แล้ว

Yeah, then you can use all your spare time trying to keep it running. LOL

• @davidsage6575
      @davidsage6575 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Diffent companies and bikes. A Bloor is not a real Triumph, only born again bikers think they are the same

• @Shaqeroni
      @Shaqeroni 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Haha...they're not so bad after all, eh? lol

• @scottmitchell6371
    @scottmitchell6371 7 ปีที่แล้ว +30

After watching with great interest your many reviews of motorcycles I think I have come to the conclusion that I would like to purchase a White van! lol, just kidding, love your work keep it up, looking forward to your next review. 🙃

• @petewebb6952
    @petewebb6952 5 ปีที่แล้ว +10

Just watched this again. As I am now quite experienced with a T120, after nearly a couple of years, I have to say this is a very good video: your comments are spot on.

• @grahamball364
    @grahamball364 4 ปีที่แล้ว +6

Great video I’ve just gone and purchased one for myself ,reliving the past all the best 👍🇬🇧

• @nobody3279
      @nobody3279 3 ปีที่แล้ว

How the ride so far?

• @3star2nr
    @3star2nr 6 ปีที่แล้ว +8

That tank is so gorgeous. I love triumphs

• @travelinben1966
    @travelinben1966 3 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Always loved the Bonneville.Absolutely stunning motorcycle.I’d go for the T120 for the extra’s it offers.Thanks TMF👍👍

• @robertmacdonald7260
      @robertmacdonald7260 2 ปีที่แล้ว

What extras does it have? or will this vid tell me :)

• @pas0003
    @pas0003 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Great video!
    What's the difference between the T-120 and the Speed Twin?

• @philipd4863
    @philipd4863 7 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Excellent review , my new T120 green and white new colour scheme is arriving in a couple of weeks and I can't wait to ride it . My first bike was a Triumph speed twin back in 1969 .This video is the next best thing to actually riding and has good quality pictures and sensible comments . Well done .

• @TheMissendenFlyer

+Philip D Thanks Philip and great choice of bike - congratulations and enjoy!

• @RichardsModellingAdventures
    @RichardsModellingAdventures 5 ปีที่แล้ว +3

The new 1200 street twin addresses most of the broblems I see with the 1200 Boni...cast wheels..thank you Triumph 😊

• @w.harrison7277
    @w.harrison7277 4 ปีที่แล้ว +4

I would like to know why triumph doesn’t put a union jack anywhere on the motorcycle. When I buy something British I wanna see that union jack, it’s very cool. it’s cool to see the union jack in San Francisco where I live.

• @Granto-ni9qw
      @Granto-ni9qw 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Cos they r made in Asia 😅

• @w.harrison7277
      @w.harrison7277 4 ปีที่แล้ว

And designed by British minds, the kings of the world!

• @Granto-ni9qw
      @Granto-ni9qw 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Made in Asia now 🤣 I'm from Durham England

• @bonkeydollocks1879
      @bonkeydollocks1879 4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Because this country has been made to feel its not the right thing to do, we are all racists who agree with the slave trade apparently and we should be ashamed that we once owned half of the world and we could manufacture almost anything and export it all over the globe but the milenials have beat the country down and all we have to be proud of is some body with poor mental health in a wheelchair protected by the BBC preaching to us how unjust and unfair it is to even think anything other than snowflake material and the bulldog spirit that got us through two world wars is frowned upon. We've been ridiculed into watching some dance show on a Saturday night or people baking cakes that get more votes than when people vote in an election and you then block up a retail park on a Saturday. We'll some of us don't.

• @Jon-zj2nj
      @Jon-zj2nj 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Union Flags do appear on Triumphs from time to time, the current triangular logo is part Union Flag after all.
      But it’s now stretching the point when they are nearly all built in Thailand, or Brazil and will also shortly be built by a third party in India.

• @DukeDyson
    @DukeDyson 7 ปีที่แล้ว +4

I shall be watching your long term experiences of the T120 with great interest; I'm sorely tempted. Great stuff as ever chap, ride safe :)

• @TheMissendenFlyer

It is a lovely bit of kit Dave, very sad that I had to take it back to the Triumph factory today - trip only made slightly sweeter by having to rescue my Panigale from there (being held hostage as collateral against the T120)...my long term review should be posted Wednesday August the 2nd - impressive this upload schedule I have eh? :0)

• @californiancondor6860
    @californiancondor6860 4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Looks and sounds great but not as good as my 1961 Bonnie !

• @danmcneil7181
    @danmcneil7181 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Good review and these are still beautiful bikes to look at and ride. But have you considered doing a review on something I have been reading about for several months now, and that is the apparently terrible customer service from Triumph dealers in the UK . I don't want to be negative but with so many reports, I have to think there may some truth to it. Considering the arguably premium prices paid for these bikes, it would be wise for potential buyers to do some research before diving in. Thanks. 👍🇨🇦

• @charlieb3497
      @charlieb3497 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Common knowledge but it’s been swept under the carpet wouldn’t take my bike to any triumph dealer 😱 don’t mention ticking time bomb on t100 t120 speed twin bobber 😱 gear selector fail 😬 triumph lacking transparency 🤦‍♂️

• @kevinsmith8328
    @kevinsmith8328 6 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Mr Missenden Flyer I enjoyed this review a lot. I like both bonnies, so it is a hard choice. By the way your are my favorite reviewer. Keep it flowing flyer. Splotchymoto out.

• @reddsshaker3477
    @reddsshaker3477 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Beautiful bike. Nice review. But all that said, the welded flange around the bottom of the fuel tank is absolutely unsightly. Why hasn’t Triumph revised this design flaw by now? I have a 2004 Bonneville that I purchased brand new, and the tank flange has always been a visual sticking point for me.

• @TheMissendenFlyer
      @TheMissendenFlyer  4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Agreed!

• @erikarneberg11
      @erikarneberg11 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Mike Forrester Agreed! I’ve been looking for an adhesive rubber or plastic strip (U shaped) to cover the overly-large flange on the fuel tank to see if it would improve the looks. So far I’ve found one in a chrome finish, which might look OK on some of the “modern classic” series of Triumphs, but wouldn’t look right on my Street Twin- it’s got to be black! I haven’t been able to find anything that looks suitable. If anyone knows of a product that might work, please let me know- thanks!

• @tsmgguy
    @tsmgguy 7 ปีที่แล้ว +3

You concisely hit all of the high points, thanks! As a T120 owner I'd only add that any potential purchaser of the T100 or T120 should consider real-world gas mileage. Owners are consistently reporting that the T120 gets 10-15 MPG better than the T100. The two bikes have identical tank capacities. Most owners are going to gas up after using about three gallons. That means that you get 30-45 more miles to each tank with the T120. This difference is counter intuitive, I know. I believe it's due to the lazy, unstressed nature of the T120's engine. You have all of the power you want, with much more available when wanted or needed, which isn't often.

• @TheMissendenFlyer

+tsmgguy How interesting! I didn't spot that - cheers - TMF

• @stevec6427
      @stevec6427 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I've found the same on a few cars in the past, the small, economical model needs to be worked harder so uses more fuel.
      I'm selling my weekend toy car and getting a T120 and as long as it beats the cars 18mpg I'm happy.

• @TinWhistleTV
    @TinWhistleTV ปีที่แล้ว

My dream bike isa Triumph Bonneville T120 with a Watsonian Sidecar. The bike you are reviewing is lovely.

• @browndoggus
    @browndoggus 7 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Since I own a T120 I can vouch for the excellent power and gearbox, smooth as silk. Amazing. Great bike for moving in and out of traffic, very quick and easy. What I dislike is the seating. Though it works for many, not for me. I even purchased the comfort seat and that wasn't much better. I had a guy modify the stock seat for me and I've not been able to get sufficient time in the saddle to determine if there is a significant improvement. The handlebars need to be about 1" higher as I find my wrists and hands get sore. I've tested that theory with washers and it made a huge different. Am looking for a more permanent solution that doesn't look too dumb. Now, that being said, I am a particular bloke when it comes to seating and handlebar placement so don't take my needs to be the normal. Overall, the T120 ranks up there as a top favorite of mine (I've owned a bunch of bikes over the years). Try using the Rain mode when traffic is stop and go, it helps calm down the throttle response (just a tip). TMF, thanks for this great comparison, glad I bought the T120! Cheers!

• @TheMissendenFlyer

+Allan Brown Cheers Allan, glad you like the bike and good luck with that seat!

• @granto6738
      @granto6738 4 ปีที่แล้ว

I think they to heavy, Triumph have done nothing with that old steel factory 🏭 frame, I take the t100 over the 120

• @jerhughes500
    @jerhughes500 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I test rode a street twin, liked it apart from the seat, then a T100, liked it a bit more, then finally the T120. For me there was such a difference it was really noticeable. The T120 felt way more refined, obviously more powerful and just overall in a different class, so much so, I bought one!

• @TheMissendenFlyer
      @TheMissendenFlyer  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Have you tried a Speed Twin?

• @jerhughes500
      @jerhughes500 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@TheMissendenFlyer I sat on one when they came out, but never got to ride one, partly because I knew I'd want one!

• @ronaldparker6726
    @ronaldparker6726 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Mate! I used to ride the 60s golden flash try those for brakes, although we found them ok. You had to drive to your brakes in those days.
    My mates had triumphs in those days and they were the cream of the crop

• @Ronbassettphd
    @Ronbassettphd 5 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Very informative and I enjoyed your review

• @marknairn9366
    @marknairn9366 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Have a 2003 t100 love the bike suits riders that just want to enjoy a non complicated ride.

• @charlieb3497
    @charlieb3497 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Hmmm no mention of the gear box selector problems affecting T100, T120, and speed twin bikes 😱😱😱 do your research before you buy 🤦‍♂️

• @jackchristodoulou197
    @jackchristodoulou197 7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I have a 2016 T120 best bike I have ever ridden plenty of power and nice and light in traffic

• @TheMissendenFlyer
      @TheMissendenFlyer  7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Agreed, just back from a 3 hour ride on this puppy, loved it...

• @michaelcollins9271
    @michaelcollins9271 7 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Hi TMF. I have been watching your videos for a while as I research for my first bike. I am 42 and currently going through my direct access course. I work for emergency services and am an advanced driver. I have been looking at the street scrambler until I sat on a T120. When I sat on the SS it felt good and how I expected it to but as soon as I sat on the T120 it just felt perfect. Obviously this is still all before passing my test and a test ride. I would be intetested in your thoughts especially after you said you would go for the T120 over the T100. Does this apply to beginners?? Thanks for any advice. Great vids.

• @TheMissendenFlyer

Err, in a word, no - I would go for the T100 in your case, just to learn your craft - or even better a cheap second hand 600 to use for 6 months and then sell and go for the T120. Did you see my video on how to choose your first big bike?? Good luck with your DAS.....

• @michaelcollins9271
      @michaelcollins9271 7 ปีที่แล้ว

TheMissendenFlyer
      Hi thanks for the advice. I have seen that video thanks. Another reason why I asked. Cheers

• @corgis7083
      @corgis7083 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Michael Collins I

• @iainwallace2618
    @iainwallace2618 7 ปีที่แล้ว +4

basically I opted for the T100 because I liked how it looked, the light blue and traditional looking tank badge.
    and the psychological barrier of a 1200cc bike.

• @TheMissendenFlyer

+Iain Wallace Fair enough, I loved the T100 too!

• @tsmgguy
      @tsmgguy 7 ปีที่แล้ว +2

That 1200cc psychological barrier is surely there. That's a BIG engine. The T100 was not available when I bought my T120. If it had been I'd have surely bought a T100, believing it adequate to my needs. The T120's power has proven to be so smooth, friendly, and linear that I'm very glad that things worked out as they did. If you're considering the new T100, I urge you take a very good look at the T120. You won't be disappointed with it. It even gets better gas mileage than the T100.

• @telestrat060
      @telestrat060 7 ปีที่แล้ว +2

A 1200 is no where near the size of an FLH engine. And the hp is in the region of 75 hp. Not intimidating at all.

• @pacyman83
    @pacyman83 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

man, you are on the wrong side of the road!!!

• @manmeetsharma2632
    @manmeetsharma2632 7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

You put so much effort in videos, great work keep it up. I find t100 to be more effortless and lighter in traffic. T120 felt like lazy cruiser. You should do a video about air cooled Vs liquid Bonnie's. 😀

• @truhunk1
    @truhunk1 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

So, what bike do you prefer ? I cant find your other vids with the follow up.

• @TheMissendenFlyer
      @TheMissendenFlyer  5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

They're both great but I'd have the T120 personally...

• @alanrobinson2229
    @alanrobinson2229 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Bugger!
    You sold me on the T100,now look what u done and all for £1500 more....

• @codpieceofjustice4595
      @codpieceofjustice4595 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Yep the struggle is real. Whenever I buy something I immediately stop looking at reviews for other models.

• @alanrobinson2229
      @alanrobinson2229 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@codpieceofjustice4595 well ended up getting xjr 1300,no relation to the video.

• @nigesainsbury9156
    @nigesainsbury9156 6 ปีที่แล้ว +8

Great review. Bought one in the same colour. Well pleased with it. Your review was an influence in my decision making - thanks.

• @TheMissendenFlyer
      @TheMissendenFlyer  6 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Enjoy!

• @nigesainsbury9156
      @nigesainsbury9156 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

We dont have the day time driving lights here in the US, but I did opt to have the one touch cruise control button which is an excellent addition, can be used in third gear and upwards and disengaged through the brakes, throttle or clutch. Perhaps worthy of a TMF review? Cheers :-)

• @revnakata
      @revnakata 4 ปีที่แล้ว

So, did you get a T100 or a T120? I'm really undecided between a T100 or a T120... can you help? Thanks!

• @jeffsayers2345
    @jeffsayers2345 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thank you for the best vlogs on the internet . I'm back riding after a 21 year layoff,I bought a cbr500f to get me back in the swing of things. After this test I'm thinking of the T120 instead of the T100. As my next bike. Cheers Jeff in Australia.

• @TheMissendenFlyer
      @TheMissendenFlyer  6 ปีที่แล้ว

You'll be happy with either, lovely machines. Thanks for the kind words and all the best - TMF

• @vijay7v7
    @vijay7v7 4 ปีที่แล้ว

How's the engine heating for a country like India were you have an average temp of 33 to 35°c, riding for 30 to 45mins. Taking into consideration both bike and outside Temp. Is it comfortably hot for a rider...?

• @TheMissendenFlyer

I don't know I've not ridden this bike in those temperatures - I imagine any bike is going to be uncomfortable above 30 degrees C (certainly in my experience)...

• @jt9498
    @jt9498 3 ปีที่แล้ว

You tend to talk a little too fast for me. :) But otherwise, good review. Reminds me of my time on the Bonneville 650 and 750 bikes I used to own back in the 60's and late 70's. Great bikes!

• @XCTERRA
    @XCTERRA 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

An other excellent review. I realy enjoy them. Thank you.

• @pippocalippo286
    @pippocalippo286 4 ปีที่แล้ว

The 120 is too bulky and I don't like the gas tank..too big...it looks more like a Japanese bike of the late 1970's than anything else.

• @GIGABACHI
    @GIGABACHI 7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Lovely machine, love the color combo. Put some forged 17" alloy wheels on it with some modern sticky rubber and BAM, my perfect commuter. Not a fan of spoked wheels and 19" fronts.
    Great work, Mr. Flyer !

• @TheMissendenFlyer

+JIGA BACHI Thank you!

@RichardsModellingAdventures 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Totally agree. This is classic example of form over function. Unless the spokes are stainless steel they will look awful in no time.

• @Toni62R
    @Toni62R 7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Nice video, thanks! On the web-site of Triumph there is another difference mentioned: The bars of the t100 are 715mm, the bars of the t120 are 785 mm. Is that true? (On pictures I think they are equal...). Do you feel this difference?

• @TheMissendenFlyer

Interesting - I didn't notice a difference!

• @kenlyneham4105
    @kenlyneham4105 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Not forgetting that Triumph is a whole new company to the original, If Triumph had had a machine with such quality detail, they may have survived.
    They failed, as all the others did, because they were sticks in the mud, thinking they were so good, they didn't need to change.
    I really love this machine, it looks, sounds and goes great.
    I suspect about the only place that is not so good, is the ride by wire.
    You would expect BMW to have that system down pat but a friend has an 800 and has had considerable trouble with the ride by wire.
    He also had a final drive bearing failure that cost a fortune to fix.

• @w.harrison7277
    @w.harrison7277 4 ปีที่แล้ว

In the English Road system, what does it mean when the white lines defining the lane are zigzagging? We don’t have that in America, but if it’s British we want it.

• @TheMissendenFlyer
      @TheMissendenFlyer  4 ปีที่แล้ว

Usually the approach to a crossing - means no over taking....

• @gillianzag1174
    @gillianzag1174 9 หลายเดือนก่อน

has the gearbox/gear selector problem ever been sorted out on the bonneville models either by the replacement of the gear sellector or in recent years of manufacture [if so then when] in such a way that the issue won't reoccure?

• @TheMissendenFlyer
      @TheMissendenFlyer  9 หลายเดือนก่อน

Never had an issue with mine thus far….

• @farleymusclewhite411
    @farleymusclewhite411 2 ปีที่แล้ว

You should have dated this review. All of this is ancient history at this point (mid 2022) and utterly useless.

• @TheMissendenFlyer
      @TheMissendenFlyer  2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thanks for that - you sound like an excellent person!

• @ronaldparker6726
    @ronaldparker6726 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Try riding the Trumpy that had a sprung hub.

• @BobC777
    @BobC777 7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

TMF - Your usual great job! Excellent video & audio quality in addition to the substance. This review will be very helpful to the many people who are on the fence between the T100 & T120. Nice work!

• @jeffgravitt3732
    @jeffgravitt3732 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Mister Flyer, I trust your judgement and would like to ask your opinion on two matters. First, is the T120 overgeared? That is to say, is the gearing too tall? I have the feeling that, if so, Euro compliance has a lot to do with it. Second, not if, but *when* the time comes where I'd like to turn up the wick just a bit in the twisties, is the handling and steering really as ponderous as some have said? I'm asking you because your evaluations are pretty darned honest. I know it's not made for sportbike antics, but let's face it....it's a motorbike, and it's a Triumph, and that carries with it certain responsibilities.

• @wallis34
    @wallis34 7 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Hey TheMissendenFlyer, I love your videos. Good stuff. It would be great to see a review of the A2 friendly restricted Triumph Street Triple 660 cc.

• @TheMissendenFlyer

+wallis34 If one becomes available, I'd love to review it! Stay tuned...

• @wallis34
      @wallis34 7 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks man. Keep up the good work.

• @Shining_Whit
    @Shining_Whit 7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Looks like you have an interesting time over the next couple of weeks. I am looking to try the T120 at the weekend, so will look forward to your next instalment!

• @johnharris7353
    @johnharris7353 7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Triumph has really improved the Bonneville. I love all about this bike, except...the spoke wheels..they look good, but I'd rather have trouble free cast wheels, that's what I'm used to and I don't know anything about spoke wheels, just that I've heard they can give problems. I'm on the road daily, commuting, don't see many motorcycles here in St Louis, Missouri. This past weekend I saw dozens of Harleys parked at a bar lol!

• @TheMissendenFlyer
      @TheMissendenFlyer  7 ปีที่แล้ว +2

+john harris I like the spoked look but aren't a fan of cleaning them! Thanks for watching - TMF

• @canopus101
      @canopus101 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I have owned both spoke and alloy wheel bikes over a period of 40 years, still do (Triumph Thunderbird and BMW 1200RT). I can put your mind at rest there are no real problems with spokes, just a bit harder to clean.

• @primedirective00
    @primedirective00 5 ปีที่แล้ว

I feel like 5 mm difference in rake/trail on a bike like this isn't really gonna do very much given the limits of the machine. TBH, I find it hard to believe triumph would even build two entirely different chassis for these bikes. It doesn't seem cost effective for not much of a difference between the two. I'm not a mechanical engineer and I have no idea what the engineering specs are but my gut is saying maybe it's just from compressed suspension due to the added weight of the larger engine? :P

• @bobvisse30
    @bobvisse30 3 ปีที่แล้ว

great review thanks! I think 120 is the way to go from this!

• @rynoreeno
    @rynoreeno 7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

love all your reviews, thank you for being so thorough. Just wondering when the new KTM Duke 390 review is ready? really interested to hear your opinion on it, as it's currently that, or the BMW g310r for a first bike for me.

• @TheMissendenFlyer

It's in the diary for long term review but not until mid August - so a bit of a wait for that one yet I'm afraid...sorry :0(

• @danield831
    @danield831 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I currently own a Bonnie 2016 T100 air cooled. I had thought of "upgrading" to the T120 because I wanted the extra power and torque. Trouble is, the T100 which is truly a marvelous bike in it's own right also has a 4.2 gallon fuel tank (at least on the air cooled T100's) so if I made the switch to the T120 I would be taking a considerable hit in the riding range ( currently160-170) miles between fill ups!! Ugghh I feel so conflicted!!....lol

• @TheMissendenFlyer
      @TheMissendenFlyer  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

...for what it's worth I think I prefer the T100 to the T120 - the 120 feels quite heavy to me.......

• @danield831
      @danield831 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@TheMissendenFlyer
      Yes that helps. thanks!!

• @TheChrysler56
    @TheChrysler56 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi there. In your honest opinion, if you was given this triumph or say a Kawasaki Z900rs FOC which one would you go for? Loving every one of your reviews. Forgot to say! Bikes have lots of things going for them and you could talk about bikes all day long! but as for the naked experience which one would you jump on on a hot summers day? Looking forward to reading your reply. So it’s Triumph or Kawasaki? Be honest now. ☺️

• @TheMissendenFlyer

DIfficult as I've only ridden the Kwak once, I think it might be the Kwak though....love that smooth 4 cylinder...

• @TheChrysler56
      @TheChrysler56 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@TheMissendenFlyer
      Brilliant! Thanks, that’s all I wanted to hear as I love my RS. 😉

• @allenhuling598
    @allenhuling598 7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Enjoyed the review...seems like a great bike! Thanks!

• @tjday64
    @tjday64 7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

An excellent review full of detail and good camera work, enjoyed it Top work Flyer

• @alan1340
    @alan1340 2 ปีที่แล้ว

My 2001 T100 only came with the one gauge (Tacho was not fitted, Australia) and let me say I absolutely hate it :) I guess not everyone feels like me about it.

• @TheMissendenFlyer
      @TheMissendenFlyer  2 ปีที่แล้ว

Oh dear…

• @alan1340
      @alan1340 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@TheMissendenFlyer I did mean the single gauge, not the whole bike which I love lol

• @aramondehasashi3324
    @aramondehasashi3324 6 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Such a beautiful bike.

• @kyotosal
    @kyotosal 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Well, this video answered my previous question Mr. Flyer. Thank you and take care.....Sal : )

• @peterford9369
    @peterford9369 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I am guessing most proficient riders would rather have the 120 over the 100, if all was equal. Price included. But that 1200 bucks may be the deal breaker. That's like 7 payments. If i didn't already have a t100, id shoot for the speed twin or the Bonneville T 120. Maybe in the future. But I'm pushing 70, so the t100 may be all she wrote. I'm happy with her. Thanks for the video.

• @Somewheredownintexas
    @Somewheredownintexas 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Excellent video

• @chrisheggie952
    @chrisheggie952 7 ปีที่แล้ว

Another great vid, thanks. Have you compared the T120 with a Thruxton R yet? And what's with all the Union Jacks? It seems every second shop has one flying. When last in the Old Dart ('97) I hardly saw any except on government buildings but now... you're not apeing the yanks are you?

• @TheMissendenFlyer

+Chris Heggie What Union Jacks?? Can't say I've noticed them...and no I haven't done a long term review on the Thruxton yet, maybe later in the year....thanks for watching and for the kind words - TMF

• @davelinstead4052
    @davelinstead4052 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Maybe I missed it in the 223 comments haha and I apologize if I did however any big difference in petrol consumption?

• @MrOlddave
    @MrOlddave 3 ปีที่แล้ว

All bikes seem to have a sweet spot where the engine is the smoothest. I had a Honda CB750 that had a vibration right at 60mph. Anything above or below that speed was smooth. Any notice of vibrations at different cruising speeds?

• @TheMissendenFlyer

No I didn’t notice on this one - pretty smooth across the board.....

• @clyntonmoorcroft6413
    @clyntonmoorcroft6413 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Triumph T120 or BMW R9t or Kawasaki Z900rs? I'm in the market for a vintage/classic looking bike and those two are on my list.

• @TheMissendenFlyer
      @TheMissendenFlyer  5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

You'd be happy with either - all great bikes. I went for the Triumph Speed Twin....

• @rayb7414
    @rayb7414 7 ปีที่แล้ว

The T100 is little different than the old EFI T100 accept for the ABS. The T120 is what Triumph should have built all along. The 865 could have easily been a 80-90 bhp/75-80 lbs torque bike, I know I've help build them. The T 120 is fabulous.

• @tomquinn607
    @tomquinn607 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Ugly stamped steel seam along the edges of the gas tank.

• @ritchsuk1840
    @ritchsuk1840 7 ปีที่แล้ว

I borrowed a T120 when my Tiger Sport was in for service: I borrowed it as it's not something I would ever consider buying. What a truly amazing bike I had a huge amount of fun with it! Lovely torque and plenty of power. I gave bike back with a huge grin and was sorry to hand it back! I see you had a nice ride through Towcester centre :) there are some nice roads around Northamptonshire too :) go and checkout the Greens Norton Road!

• @robertboykin1828
    @robertboykin1828 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Had 1967 t-120r, retarted valve timing 1 tooth-----------------------------------------------

• @hudsonrilke
    @hudsonrilke 7 ปีที่แล้ว

Grumpy blx here again. I just don't know what to think about it. Glad you like it. I'm probably more inclined to the bmws.

• @CollinMac96
    @CollinMac96 7 ปีที่แล้ว

How comfortable are these bike for long trips? I would think your back and rump would give out after maybe 100 miles

• @TheMissendenFlyer

+Collin Mac I've found it very comfortable, you can move around in the seat quite a bit which helps. I've done a couple of hundred milers on it no issue...

• @UnknownProdrive
    @UnknownProdrive 7 ปีที่แล้ว

No idea but am I 1st? Yeah I reckon so.
    Don't even have the faintest interest in any of these bikes. Not to say they're not quality products.
    Good to see the channel thriving sir. Cheers boss.

• @TheMissendenFlyer

Well you're first this time around - I had some technical difficulties today so had to delete the original upload of this one along with all the comments :0( I know these aren't your bag but good to hear from you again....I rode the new R6 today :0)

• @tasosbeats4902
    @tasosbeats4902 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Loved your video, can't wait for the next one!

• @osfbg9901
    @osfbg9901 7 ปีที่แล้ว

I've got a 2009 SE model which I really like - with a few caveats. I'm glad to see that Triumph got rid of those butt ugly indicator lights and tail light. That was one of my first mods! The 120 looks like a real beauty, love the paint job. The seat looks comfy, after an hour or two my SE has me looking for a cafe and a good stretch and I'm only 5' 6". Twin discs up front, sweet! Lots of whoa to counter the go. Ride safe.

• @Farwalker2u
    @Farwalker2u 7 ปีที่แล้ว

Makes sense to me that you changed your opinion about the effect of the weight of the T-120 on "flickability" compared to the T-100 that you stated in the "First Impressions" video about two months earlier. After all the weight difference is only about 5% or 24 pounds. When you add a rider the % is even less.
    According to the Triumph website:
    T-120
    Capacity 1200cc
    Bore Stroke 97.6 mm / 80 mm
    Compression 10.0:1
    Max Power EC 80 Hp (59kW) @ 6550 rpm
    Max Torque EC 77.4 FT-lbs (105 Nm) @ 3100 rpm
    Width Handlebars 30.9 in (785 mm)
    Height Without Mirror 44.3 in (1125 mm)
    Seat Height 30.9 in (785 mm)
    Wheelbase 56.9 in (1445 mm)
    Rake 25.5º
    Trail 4.1 in (105.2 mm)
    Dry Weight 494 lbs (224 Kg)
    Tank Capacity 3.8 US Gallon
    T-100
    Capacity 900cc
    Bore Stroke 3.3 (84.6) / 3.1in (88mm)
    Compression 10.55:1
    Max Power EC 55Hp (40.5kW) @ 5,900rpm
    Max Torque EC 59FT-lbs (80Nm) @ 3,230rpm
    Width Handlebars 28.1in (715mm)
    Height Without Mirror 43.3in (1100mm)
    Seat Height 31.1in (790mm)
    Wheelbase 57.1in (1450mm)
    Rake 25.5º
    Trail 4.1in (104mm)
    Dry Weight 470lb (213kg)
    Tank Capacity 3.8gal

• @TheMissendenFlyer

Yeah the additional "pros" of the T120 (notably power and brakes) out weigh any additional weight to my mind.....both great bikes though, if I were a small person then the T100 would be the way to go as it is a bit easier to man handle around....

• @tsmgguy
    @tsmgguy 7 ปีที่แล้ว

You're in the enviable position of having extensive experience with both the T100 and the T120, where most owners had to make their choice based only on a short demo ride. The T100 was not yet available when I bought my T120. Had it been, I would probably have chosen the T100 as being adequate for my needs. I'd have never experienced the T120's smooth, linear, and entirely usable power. Handling is excellent, and braking is a two finger affair. Gas mileage is great, too; I'm averaging a consistent 63-65 miles per gallon. There appears to be no mileage penalty for having all of that extra power on tap.

• @TheMissendenFlyer

I loved the T100, but given the choice, I'd take the T120 - you made a great choice! Thanks for watching - TMF

• @paulstredwick
    @paulstredwick 7 ปีที่แล้ว

That's weird. You've added a thumbnail and lost all the comments, likes and viewing numbers!

• @TheMissendenFlyer

Tell me about it - lots of technical shenanigans going on behind the scenes meant I lost the last lot :0( Hopefully normal service resumed now but you never quite know with You Tube....

• @funchalflash6994
    @funchalflash6994 7 ปีที่แล้ว

as always flyer very good review ................you might want to look at some the bikes from italy .....MV Augista & moto guzzi

• @thevelointhevale1132
    @thevelointhevale1132 7 ปีที่แล้ว

Cheers Missenden, which Bike has more low end pull between the T120 and the Bobber? I am assuming the Bobber is tuned a bit better at the low end than the T120?

• @TheMissendenFlyer

Actually both very similar, if anything I guess the Bobber has a little more grunt but very little in it given they basically have the same engine....

• @comhghallgeraghty3541
    @comhghallgeraghty3541 7 ปีที่แล้ว

I was very close to buying this in the black edition but at €14350 it was to big a hole for me to jump into. bought a 1983 kawasaki kz1100 instead and I love it.. even though it seems to require constant maintenance.. real retro biking for ye I suppose

• @TheMissendenFlyer

Yes you're getting the full experience :0) ...enjoy.

• @simondavis741
    @simondavis741 7 ปีที่แล้ว

If you want to ride the T120 'back to back' with a T100, give me a shout.. 😊

• @crocketgsxr6
    @crocketgsxr6 7 ปีที่แล้ว

Will you be doing reviews comparing the Street Scrambler and the Air cooled Scrambler or the Street Cup and the Thruxton/ Thruxton R? (i admit I have been getting Triumph fever again have have watched most of your stand alone reviews and long term reviews for the Triumph classic line.

• @TheMissendenFlyer

I haven't got anything planned but I'll add it to my list...

• @overdrivekill7
    @overdrivekill7 7 ปีที่แล้ว

I've always wanted to see a comparison between the t120 and the thruxton R. as some one who has ridden both how do you compare them? thanks for all the videos, started watching you for street triple r videos and i subscribed ever since.

• @TheMissendenFlyer

+overdrivekill7 Both brilliant machines, the Thruxton has some higher spec parts (ohlins, brembos) but personally I'd take the T120 over the Thruxton on styling....you can't go wrong with either....

• @davidbesant
    @davidbesant 7 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Just had a thought, wouldn't it be fun to paint it matt green, and add a tan seat to make it look like a Mutt Mongrel?

• @triumphrider9796
    @triumphrider9796 7 ปีที่แล้ว

Interesting comparison; were I in the market now I'd almost certainly opt for the 120. But I have a T100 already; '02 (Centenary Edition), so it's an 800cc motor. About the only real gripe not readily fixable with a relatively inexpensive aftermarket bit is the single front brake; they went too cheap there in not even giving you the option to mount one! I've fitted a centerstand (Triumph accessory), performance mufflers (Triumph accessory) and an aftermarket igniter that raises the rev limit to 8200. The front brake is a lot better with EBC HH sintered pads, but I'd love to mount a second disc if there were just a place to put it! I don't really have a problem with the stock saddle; it's a bit on the hard side but I have done a 500 mile day with no trouble. And I have on occasion tried to shift up from 5th, so a 6th would be nice but not absolutely necessary.

• @TheMissendenFlyer

+Triumphrider Great stuff - cheers, for that...TMF

• @rog5150
    @rog5150 7 ปีที่แล้ว

I've had mine a year now and covered 6k miles. I had to change to the comfort seat. It's a fraction higher as well as more comfortable. (I'm 6ft) I got the bike to slow me down so no screen and cruise control which is really useful to me. Not slow though, it keeps up with anything I've met on a A/B road. I like the fact that you can get the pegs down when being playful. The USB charges my phone for navigation, headlight is great at night, controls all light and predictable. Seems easy on tyres and chains. My only minor crumble is the chrome around the clocks and the clock glass reflecting badly. Oh and a £150 decat works wonders! More seat of the pants torque and great sound.

• @TheMissendenFlyer

Sounds good to me rog5150 - lovely bike, I am very tempted I must say....(and yes I've noticed that sun reflection thing too)....

• @RidersInBlack
    @RidersInBlack 4 ปีที่แล้ว

TMF another Top Notch review. Question for you, since I'm currently in the market, how do you compare the Moto Guzzi V7 III , and v9 to the T100 and t120?

• @TheMissendenFlyer
      @TheMissendenFlyer  4 ปีที่แล้ว

I prefer the Triumphs - feel better made, Guzzis feel more authentic though....

• @RidersInBlack
      @RidersInBlack 4 ปีที่แล้ว

@@TheMissendenFlyer the V9 is not everyone's favorite. The V7 is preferred from reviews I've seen. Each one has their own style. All gorgeous bikes. Thanks for the reply. Keep up the great work!

• @addario
    @addario 7 ปีที่แล้ว

Chain maintenance on these bikes looks like it would be such a pain with the exhaust in the way.

• @TheMissendenFlyer

At least you get a centre stand though...so could be worse!

• @StephanieG1
    @StephanieG1 7 ปีที่แล้ว +8

Certainly a nice bike but £10,000 seems rather steep.

• @TheMissendenFlyer
      @TheMissendenFlyer  7 ปีที่แล้ว +2

+Stephanie G Well I'd class this as a premium machine, I think in that context it's not bad value (but agree that all new bikes are very expensive)...thanks for watching - TMF

• @professorlayabout4878
      @professorlayabout4878 7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

In the U.S. it's only a little above $11,000, maybe because of the weak pound? Seems like a great value to me.

• @davidholden2658
      @davidholden2658 7 ปีที่แล้ว +2

20% VAT doesn't help prices in the UK. It would only be around 8300 without the tax which is just under $11000.

• @professorlayabout4878
      @professorlayabout4878 7 ปีที่แล้ว +4

I forgot, they get you guys coming and going over there. The sales tax in my state is about 9% so we don't get off scot free over here, but we don't normally includes sales tax when discussing prices for some reason.

• @telestrat060
      @telestrat060 7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

And, in the US, it`s only $900 more than the T 100. No brainer, I`d think.

• @DonaMane
    @DonaMane 7 ปีที่แล้ว

I'd take the T-120 Black hands down! But will it make a nice road bike for possibly traveling/commuting?

• @TheMissendenFlyer

+Dona_Mane I don't see why not, I've been using this as my daily bike for two weeks now and it's been great!

@RichardsModellingAdventures 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Good luck stopping the spokes from rusting if you ride in anything but nice weather

• @disekjoumoer
    @disekjoumoer 6 ปีที่แล้ว

It's truly a beautiful bike, TMF. Triumph really do excel in design, don't they? I hope you get to ride the Kawasaki Z900RS and give us your opinions on that one.

• @professorlayabout4878
    @professorlayabout4878 7 ปีที่แล้ว +7

So glad you made this video. I was just trying to decide which one to get!

• @TheMissendenFlyer

Did it help?

• @professorlayabout4878
      @professorlayabout4878 7 ปีที่แล้ว

Definitely! I am leaning heavily toward the 120 but my one big question is whether the maneuvering is too sluggish for city riding and hitting the twisties since I live in the hills. Any thoughts? thanks again!!

• @JLOSTAFF1
      @JLOSTAFF1 7 ปีที่แล้ว +4

I've had my T120 9 months, not sluggish and great on bends - get one!

• @professorlayabout4878
      @professorlayabout4878 7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thanks for telling me what I wanted to hear! I'm just waiting for some money to come in and it's a done deal!

• @lynnelzey8557
      @lynnelzey8557 7 ปีที่แล้ว

Professor Layabout y

• @michaelhegyan7464
    @michaelhegyan7464 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Just picked up a Bonnie T 100 , 2014..very nice..

• @astar5w
    @astar5w 7 ปีที่แล้ว

Are you planning a review on the Thruxton? I would love to get both bikes (T120 and the Thruxton)? What you think about both of those bikes in your garage?

• @TheMissendenFlyer

I've already reviewed it >> th-cam.com/video/NZUirxa40jY/w-d-xo.html

• @astar5w
      @astar5w 7 ปีที่แล้ว

TheMissendenFlyer Thanks, I wish I could have both of these bikes in my garage lol

• @ThiefOfNavarre
    @ThiefOfNavarre 4 ปีที่แล้ว

I've test ridden both and feel the t120 while having ALOT better features had worse handling and a snatchy throttle. The t100 fueling and throttle response was spot on.

• @TheMissendenFlyer

How odd - you’d expect the electronics on both to be pretty similar!

• @ThiefOfNavarre
      @ThiefOfNavarre 4 ปีที่แล้ว

@@TheMissendenFlyer You'd think so! But to be fair I didn't try rain mode so perhaps the response on the t100 is dialed in closer to that! 🤷‍♂️

• @keithshwalbe6981
    @keithshwalbe6981 6 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Thank you. Another first class video. This time, of my favourite bike. Cheers .

• @alansimpson2647
    @alansimpson2647 5 ปีที่แล้ว

You could buy a good car for this, even the new Honda 50 now 125 costs a fortune., had old Triumph 3TA now expensive too sadly.

• @TheMissendenFlyer
      @TheMissendenFlyer  5 ปีที่แล้ว

But the car won’t be as much fun...

• @Jon-zj2nj
      @Jon-zj2nj 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Which is exactly the problem the bike industry has had since the 60’s and is why it became a choice to ride a bike, rather than a way to save money over running a car.

• @granto6738
    @granto6738 4 ปีที่แล้ว

It's heavy as f,, just don't c the point of it t, 💯 a lot better bike

• @granto6738
      @granto6738 3 ปีที่แล้ว

U don't c the point of a T100 ?? It's a better bike 4 me , don't need 1200 motor, but each 2 there own but what triumph have done taken centre stand off and heating grips is just daft

• @soldtobediers
    @soldtobediers 7 ปีที่แล้ว

Smooth review. Enjoyed it. Should something happen to my 68 Trophy Sports, i'd be looking one of those up. 71417

• @TheMissendenFlyer

Cheers William....thanks for watching and for stopping by - TMF

• @paulowens6004
    @paulowens6004 4 ปีที่แล้ว

1.53. Nice to see the flygs out for the twelfth. 👍😂🇬🇧

• @lauriebloggs8391
    @lauriebloggs8391 5 ปีที่แล้ว

What superb reviews...been following a couple on the T120 as it's on my horizon to replace my lately written off Norge. Very impressed, thank you.

• @TheMissendenFlyer
      @TheMissendenFlyer  5 ปีที่แล้ว

Very kind of you to say so Laurie - thanks...