9. Fitting a Dometic CRX 50 fridge, gashob and sink VW T6.1

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 8 ก.ย. 2024

ความคิดเห็น • 62

• @paulfletcher1900
    @paulfletcher1900 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Very refreshing presentation style keep it up much easier to follow instructions thanks ( wife won't let me cut hole in roof so had to pay top dollar

• @mechanicalnut7866
    @mechanicalnut7866 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Good video as usual I have converted a few of these now but still watch for the entertainment and skill

• @Pete-Slater
    @Pete-Slater 3 ปีที่แล้ว +8

Gas assembly paste not ptfe please.

• @danbissett
    @danbissett 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

just ordered a doobre waller as I had no idea what to order, great vid. :)

• @williamweir300
    @williamweir300 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Brilliant video m8 cracking build

• @tosspott1
    @tosspott1 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Succinct, extremely helpful and on point. Thank you!!

• @markstapleton3665
    @markstapleton3665 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Only just found your channel and I'm glad that I have, love the videos and your sense of humour. The builds look great and I can't wait to see more. 👍

• @robweatherhead9135
    @robweatherhead9135 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Really good content. Love it. Van is looking great!

• @drpipe
    @drpipe 3 ปีที่แล้ว

The Ptfe You use is not designed for Gas use either LpG or Ng. Nice little set of Videos on the channel mate. Enjoyed watching them. Stay safe.

• @robertlawrence7958
    @robertlawrence7958 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

👌Great video.

• @alanc1406
    @alanc1406 3 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Keep em coming Carl. Your like a better version of Edd China. Top tip 'measure twice ,cut once'

• @alanc1406
      @alanc1406 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Carl do you need to cut a small vent in the floor for those small gas canisters

• @KBeadle
      @KBeadle  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Well to my mind it’s the same cartridge that you would have in a camping stove that you might carry in the bit of your car so I’m not going to worry about it

• @alanc1406
      @alanc1406 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@KBeadle ok thanks, do you get the conversion certified and reclassified as campervan . That's why I was asking, does it comply with campervan regulations. I'm in ireland and I am at the gas cylinder deciding point in my conversion and prefer not to making more work with vent holes and isolation containment box's if not required . Do you know what the stipulations are regarding gas canisters
      Thanks again Alan

• @KBeadle
      @KBeadle  3 ปีที่แล้ว

You can’t change these type of vans to a camper any more dvla changed the rules in 2019. Even vws own California isn’t registered as a camper any more

• @alanc1406
      @alanc1406 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@KBeadle ok thanks it's just still a van.

• @pogg01
    @pogg01 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

great vid as always mate

• @paullockwood8214
    @paullockwood8214 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I moved the door over like you then realised the door wouldn’t open wide enough to get the freezer door out so swapped it back. Great fridge though even if it does cost a small fortune.

• @stefanmargraf7878
    @stefanmargraf7878 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I prefer cubic freezers for 100 quid. Those are working on 230V and i switch them on intermittend. About 2hrs every 12hrs is or 1hr evry 8hrs is fine, depending how much cold kg are in there.. They are able to get 4 bottles cold in 1-2 hrs.

• @KBeadle
      @KBeadle  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Yes dometic are way over priced even if they are good quality

• @paulcollingham9591
    @paulcollingham9591 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Hi Karl, cracking videos and very useful for the home builder, just one question for you as I can’t find an answer and wonder if you know.. Due to the size of the gas cartridges do you need to have where it stored vented in the floor, also is it ok to go direct to the hob with the tube and no need for copper? Cheers Karl, keep it up..

• @ktd2956
      @ktd2956 9 หลายเดือนก่อน

If any gas appliance is fitted permanently, it MUST be copper pipe/ steel pipe,you can not use the hose as he's used in this video.

• @kevgrady5946
    @kevgrady5946 5 หลายเดือนก่อน

Hi Karl
    As the video is again can you confirm if the regulator in the link you have supplied is still correct. Hopefully we see you back on YT regular.

• @KBeadle
      @KBeadle  5 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Should be

• @davidbenson1194
    @davidbenson1194 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Copied your approach for the gas installation - works a treat! Excellent stuff. Just wondering where you got the clips that hold the gas hose in place.

• @markmangan8586
    @markmangan8586 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Nice 1 😊👍

• @michaelburns9199
    @michaelburns9199 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi Karl great videos pal loved every one of them very informative and funny .I have just got a smev 9222 and wanted to use trio power pak can this be done did you know the dufer name which goes to cooker. Great work karl

• @the_grumpybiker
    @the_grumpybiker 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Another great video Karl. Ive just picked up my new transit custom and about to start my conversion. Can i ask where you got the kitchen from please? Or if it was built from plans are they available to buy anywhere?
    Thanks

• @chrisboyle85
    @chrisboyle85 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi Karl,
    I’ve been watching your videos over the past 12-18 months and think they’re absolutely brilliant with great advice and tips for those who are working on their own self build.
    I have, like a lot of people, went for the same set up you have here in regard to gas & water for hob & sink.
    I was just wondering what type of connection or coupling did you use between the hose for sink inlet and the rigid speed fit pipe from the pump ?
    Thanks & keep up the good work.

• @KBeadle
      @KBeadle  2 ปีที่แล้ว

I can’t quite remember but I’ll be doing another one this week so I’ll let you know

• @chrisboyle85

@@KBeadle Perfect, thanks for the quick reply and feedback...very much appreciated.
      Looking forward to the next video 👍🏻.
      Cheers

• @chrisboyle85

@@KBeadle Hi Karl,
      Just saw your latest video on the furniture for the Transit Custom, great job as always....much to be admired there.
      Just wondering if it might be fresh in your mind on the connection / coupling you used between your rigid speed fit pipe to connect to the flexi hose on your sink inlet ?
      Cheers,
      Chris

• @richardmilsom3350
    @richardmilsom3350 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Great channel. Aren’t you required to use a crimped connection on the gas connection?

• @bobscullion7374
    @bobscullion7374 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Hi Karl, Done the same set up on my smev combination with the Go System gas cartridge and the Cadac regulator but I get a smell of gas where the canister screws to the regulator. I know it states hand tight but was wondering, do you really tighten hard by hand or to the point where it is quite tight but not horsed up so to speak? Another great video

• @KBeadle
      @KBeadle  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I have had that before with some cartridges and then other ones have been fine.

• @Tomtimmyturbo15
    @Tomtimmyturbo15 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi Karl, when mounting the cylinder and hose are they just 15mm pipe clips you used or something else? Thanks Tom

• @carlwillcock2203
    @carlwillcock2203 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I'm fitting my fridge this weekend. Your video just popped up as I was double checking things. Cable size is 6mm^2, agreed. 10AWG is the conversion but that is only about 3mm^2 conductor and 6mm^2 overall. What did you use? Thanks.
    Love the videos, subscribed and think you are the most thorough and clear converter on youtube. Keep it up.

• @mechanicalnut7866
      @mechanicalnut7866 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

The cost of these fridges you would of thought they would give you at lease a few meters of 6mm

• @richardmurphy5498
    @richardmurphy5498 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Hi Karl, I’m thinking about the same gas set-up, do you know if the usual gas safety regs apply if going for the small camping gas cylinders? And do you still need a drop vent in the floor? Cheers, Richard

• @TheRowbot
      @TheRowbot 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Also have the same question. Does anybody know?

• @jamesgreen1561
    @jamesgreen1561 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Quick question, how did you secure the fridge in place so it doesn't try and work its way out?

• @jayem6277
    @jayem6277 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Great video and great sense of humour. On another note, please really research the organizations you are promoting in the description of this video. These are fronts for money laundering and human trafficking. If you don't already know......you will soon. Have a great day.

• @KBeadle
      @KBeadle  2 ปีที่แล้ว

You are absolutely totally wrong

• @jayem6277
      @jayem6277 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@KBeadle You'll see 😉

• @johncaldwell1071
    @johncaldwell1071 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi karl love the videos keep up great work i havevordered a cre50 fridge was wondering did you fit a inline fuse between fridge an battery andvif so what amp thx again karl

• @KBeadle
      @KBeadle  2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Yes it does need one. I use 15amp and make sure you’re cable is 6mm or your fridge might cut out

• @johncaldwell1071
      @johncaldwell1071 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@KBeadle thx karl thats what i thought cheers big chap whens next van project love your channel great craic and workman ship cheers john

• @1968kcc
    @1968kcc 3 ปีที่แล้ว

👍👍👍👍👍

• @nigeljones6980
    @nigeljones6980 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Where and how would you fit the 15 amp fuse inline on the Positive...

• @KBeadle
      @KBeadle  2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

run it back to a 12v fuse box

• @MrFloridadaz
    @MrFloridadaz 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Good video. Ta. Did you need an adaptor between the gas canister and the screw in regulator?

• @KBeadle
      @KBeadle  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

No it screws straight on

• @bobscullion3533
      @bobscullion3533 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@KBeadle are there 2 types then? the ones I seen in GO Outdoors had bayonet fittings! Another great video :)

• @CMB_Vinyl
    @CMB_Vinyl 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Where's the link in the description for the doodle flip?

• @KBeadle
      @KBeadle  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

That’s the gas hob

• @CMB_Vinyl
      @CMB_Vinyl 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@KBeadle Lol

• @rickyard11
    @rickyard11 3 ปีที่แล้ว

How do you fix the fridge in position?

• @mechanicalnut7866
      @mechanicalnut7866 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Screws behind white caps on the inside