Nissan Xtrail 2007: How to Change Transmission Oil - T31

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 28 ส.ค. 2024
  • Learn how you can change transmission oil for your Nissan Xtrail 2007 T31.
    You can get the oil here: goo.gl/5bFNxM
    FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: bit.ly/10Glst1
    LIKE US ON FACEBOOK: on. ZKP4nU
    FOLLOW US ON G+: bit.ly/WfMmZN
    Freerepairguide assumes no liability for property damage or injury incurred as a result of any of the information contained in this video. Freerepairguide recommends safe practices when working with electrical tools, power equipment, automotive lifts, lifting tools, electrical equipment, blunt instruments, chemicals, lubricants, expensive electronics, or any other tools or equipment seen or implied in this video. Due to factors beyond the control of Freerepairguide, no information contained in this video shall create any express or implied warranty or guarantee of any particular result. Any injury, damage or loss that may result from improper use of these tools, equipment, or the information contained in this video is the sole responsibility of the user and not Freerepairguide. Some repairs are easy while others maybe difficult. The level of difficulty depend on your personal experience. Only attempt your own repairs if you can accept personal responsibility for the results, whether they are good or bad.
    The above may contain affiliate links.

ความคิดเห็น • 42

• @grahamwood156
    @grahamwood156 5 ปีที่แล้ว +10

Hi when you check the fluid level the engine should be running and transmission in park .

• @petern4404
    @petern4404 6 ปีที่แล้ว +23

hi guys. this is not a t31 xtrail. this is the t30 model and it has no cvt transmission. i don't know if it is pretty good to put a cvt fluid in it

• @jxx1234
      @jxx1234 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Yap agreed

• @tassiedevil2400
      @tassiedevil2400 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

The first model T31 with CVT transmission was introduced in the second half of 2007.

• @GuillermoDuran_RE
      @GuillermoDuran_RE ปีที่แล้ว

Yes not good idea to put a CVT fluid

• @SERCI41
    @SERCI41 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Have a nice day, how many liters of oil have you put into the gearbox? What is the code of the oil?

• @davinci4920
    @davinci4920 5 ปีที่แล้ว +6

Why do not you tell me how many liters of oil you use for the gearbox

• @heligeorge
      @heligeorge 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Davinciq Zenith 8,5 liters.

• @bekkygumbo5928
    @bekkygumbo5928 5 ปีที่แล้ว

i will try tomorrow for my car
    thanks for the video

• @reece-700
    @reece-700 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Next time you make a video, maybe think about lighting?

• @starboyl2548
    @starboyl2548 ปีที่แล้ว +1

there are 2 filters in this transmission

• @thomasmcadam6424
    @thomasmcadam6424 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Nice video, thanks for posting it. I am also in Australia and about to do this job myself. What are your thoughts on using the Penrite CVT V fluid? Have you had any issues with it? The book says non genuine fluid will damage the CVT, but on the other hand the Penrite fluid is a fraction of the cost of the genuine fluid and Penrite has a reasonable reputation, so I'm tempted.

• @UKinQ8Gaming
      @UKinQ8Gaming 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Only put cvt oil in it if its cvt not atf. It kills the trans

• @RobertTalijancic-et6jd
    @RobertTalijancic-et6jd ปีที่แล้ว

This is great

• @willielongbotham7156
    @willielongbotham7156 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Should have mentioned that the fluid should be CVTF NS-2...

• @mattking1332
    @mattking1332 ปีที่แล้ว

Cheers mate 👍

• @68404
    @68404 6 หลายเดือนก่อน

Diesel variants DO NOT run CVT.

• @davow8
    @davow8 5 ปีที่แล้ว +15

DON'T PUT CVT ATF IN A T30 X-TRAIL AUTO. Check your manual. This vehicle is a T30 - NOT a T31.

• @terralingvonkickbusch2085
      @terralingvonkickbusch2085 4 ปีที่แล้ว

hey i could use some help just got a t30 2007 auto box is messing up pretty sure wrong fluid and too full

• @jhancloudytv4599
    @jhancloudytv4599 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Always buy dealership transmission fluid. Atleast transmission fluid.

• @chrisb3764
    @chrisb3764 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks Bro.

• @roberti1343
    @roberti1343 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Isn't that the engine oil change? Im pretty sure that engine oil and transmission oil are 2 very different things

• @mrbundyk
    @mrbundyk ปีที่แล้ว +2

Came across this video and stopped watching when you said you were adding CVT oil. Learn your car before working on it, this car does NOT have a CVT, it is NOT a T31 X-trail, its a T30 with a 4 speed auto.

• @davidw1019
      @davidw1019 4 หลายเดือนก่อน

Which according to manual us 8 litres I'm draining mine now and they're is some you probably can't get out in the trans oil cooler, torque converter etc. If anyone rego checks his car it's says t30 if he has done this on any auto store page it would have good him cvt wasn't compatible I wonder how it all ended up

• @bhekumusamalindisa8605
    @bhekumusamalindisa8605 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Gotta switch off the sun to watch from outside

• @arberbardhaj4267
    @arberbardhaj4267 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Some fighting and biting in your house, i suposed between your kids and wife 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• @heligeorge
    @heligeorge 5 ปีที่แล้ว +11

DONT USE CVT OIL!!!
    Use Dexron lll .
    And after draining and replacing through the oil pan,drain the other 4 liters through the transmission cooler while engine is running and fill though dipstick hole!
    Take off oil pan, clean magnets,replace.
    IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING DONT PLAY MECHANIC ON TH-cam!!!!!!!!!

• @mohamadfirdaussuhaimi2701
      @mohamadfirdaussuhaimi2701 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi. Mind to explain how to drain the other 4 liters through the transmission cooler?. I thought the whole 8 liters of the fluid is drained through the drain plug?. I just bought this car, so I need to learn much.

• @davidthomas6949
      @davidthomas6949 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Grow explain further ffs.

• @davidthomas6949
      @davidthomas6949 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

What kind of bullshit reply is this

• @heligeorge
      @heligeorge 3 ปีที่แล้ว +6

To replace all transmission fluid with NEW Dexron Mercon lll :
      Open plug on transmission pan.
      Drain and replace old fluid with equal amount of new fluid.
      Then remove hose from transmission to radiator cooler.
      2 Small tubes are on the bottom of the radiator.
      One tube hot transmission fluid goes in, the other tube cooler transmission fluid goes back to transmission.
      Remove the tube from which the fluid goes to the radiator, place a similar sized tube and direct it in a large container.
      Then, put funnel in trans fluid dipstick hole, start pouring clean fluid into transmission and start engine to pump the remaining old fluid out.
      Keep pouring until you get clean red fluid out.
      Replace hose.

• @heligeorge
      @heligeorge 3 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Mohamad Firdaus Suhaimi no you only get half out through the pan.
      The other 4 liters are in the torque converter.
      You need to pump it out of the hose to the rad with the engine running while pouring in fresh fluid through the dip stick hole.
      First time is confusing , after you do it once it’s easy.
      Dexron Mercon lll.

• @liammacdonald7569
    @liammacdonald7569 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

As i understand it very hard to see. But you drained the engine oil sump then the added in auto trans fluid to the engine oil dipstick.... Mate that is not how you change oil or change trans fluid watch chris fix he has good videos on it. But your car shouldn't run on that fluid

• @davow8
      @davow8 5 ปีที่แล้ว +5

No he didn't Liam. The T30 X trail has a separate ATF dipstick next to the battery. Biggest concern is using CVT ATF. The T30 did not have a CVT tranny. that came in the later T31.
      My 2006 T30 manual says an ATF equivalent to Nissan Matic D or J. I know guys who have used Castrol Transmax Z but other brands do have compatible oils. I suspect this story ended badly.
      Unless you have a leak, I suggest measuring the exact volume of oil which drains out and replace with the exact same amount. that saves a lot of guess work. You then need to repeat that process several times (at least 4) over a few months to make sure you eventually have replaced all the old oil which is retained in the torque converter.

• @HaIPeHaOP
    @HaIPeHaOP 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

WTF! People here are confusing everyone... The video is for T31 so you need the Penrite CVT Fluid. If you came here to see the change for T31, buy the CVT Fluid....

• @mrbundyk
      @mrbundyk ปีที่แล้ว

The car in the video is a T30, despite what the moron making the video thinks he has. The car is the video is NOT a T31, it's the last of the T30 which has a conventional 4 speed auto, not a CVT. The only person confusing people is the one making g the video.

• @albertobastardo8168
    @albertobastardo8168 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

You lost your time in the video and my time, you never told how many oil litres need transmition xtrek Nissan

• @Laljitsan
    @Laljitsan 5 ปีที่แล้ว +3

You kids fighting and crying in the background is really annoying

• @fellationelation
    @fellationelation 5 หลายเดือนก่อน

This is a T30 not T31