RV Repair Locked out of your RV? Locked in your RV? Fix broken RV door handle Trimark 060-1650/T507

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 23 ส.ค. 2024
  • If your RV door handle is D shaped like this, and you have been locked in or out of your coach, your best fix is this stainless steel repair kit for the 060-1650/T507 Trimark RV door handle/lock. NOTE. There is now a chinese copy of ny product. Before you buy one of them, consider that maybe the part that broke is a Chinese part?? Also, you don't need an interpreter to talk with me. A 5 minute fix once your handle is removed .-------------- BUY AT latchfix.com ------------$34.95shipped free. Go to latchfix.com to buy through PayPal, using any CC. Tools and a new spring included with kit. If you're not sure if this fits your handle, see if the number 29412 is stamped on the inside, or call Bob @ 785-224-4474. To get your door open when the latch is broken, remove the inside part of your handle (3 Philips Head Screws), take a large flat blade screwdriver and place it in the slot of the broken part. Twist and pull to your left at the same time and the plunger should be pulled out of the door jamb and allow the door to open. Note...if you can have someone on the outside pushing in on the door at the same time, it will open easier. Call any time with questions or concerns. Thanks, Bob

ความคิดเห็น • 131

• @user-dp2fv8sj3n
    @user-dp2fv8sj3n 5 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Sent Bob an email with a question on Sunday evening and had an answer first thing Monday morning. A phone call resulted in a short, very pleasant conversation. My kit is on order and I have no doubt it will be everything all others have found. Less than 20 minutes since I placed the order and a text just came in with the tracking number. That's what I call fast service!

• @allenfogoros1074
    @allenfogoros1074 ปีที่แล้ว +3

I guess I'm part of a long line of totally satisfied customers. Bob, your replacement part was a thing of beauty and it worked exactly as you said.. You saved me somewhere around $150 dollars. Once a gain American made wins out.

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for letting me know.

• @josephneill2829
    @josephneill2829 5 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

If you have this problem get this repair kit. Bob is beyond helpful and offers really great suggestions. We ordered the kit, got it in three days, and it really saved us more than $100. Quality kit.

• @MarkLee-un3pm
    @MarkLee-un3pm 3 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Bob sent me one via USPS and it never arrived and they send me text after text saying, "in transit - arriving late". Well, they're over a week late so Bob saved the day and got another one on FedEx second day air and saved the day for us! I cannot say enough good things about Bob and his top-notch customer service! And the door handle kit installs and works perfectly! I HIGHLY recommend this kit and wouldn't hesitate buying from Bob!! Bob, you are AWESOME! - THANK YOU!!

• @tammybacot3101
    @tammybacot3101 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thank You Bob! My door latch broke over the Christmas weekend. Saw this amazing fix and knew this was what I needed. Called Bob to verify that this would work on my latch. Had the latch fixed by New Years. Saved $120.

• @petestrappazon3522
    @petestrappazon3522 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I too just installed this fix.
    I was locked in my motorhome and couldn't get out! The fix was easy-peasy! Thanks Bob

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  2 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks, glad that I could help.

• @user-kg4ko5hq6i
    @user-kg4ko5hq6i 6 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Great fix and Bob personally helped me with the repair since he lives across town!

• @reedsherman5384
    @reedsherman5384 2 ปีที่แล้ว

This kit is the perfect fix for these poorly designed door locks. Per the instructions and video the replacement parts were easy to install. Thanks Bob for designing this solution.

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  2 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks, I appreciate you letting me know.

• @elisabethmeier9329
    @elisabethmeier9329 2 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Truly an awesome product - thank you Bob for taking the time to engineer & manufacture this - you made my life a bit nicer!!!

• @AuntieMoMo05
    @AuntieMoMo05 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Your ingenuity reminds me so much of my wonderful Step Dad!!! This is utterly fantastic. We just ordered one and spoke with you and are soooo happy to hear it comes with a spring!!! We lost ours. Thank you again Bob!!!

• @ericharrison9859
    @ericharrison9859 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Perfect fix! Shipped and received within 1 week and took 5 mins to install! Very durable product! Thanks Bob!

• @dinahbecker9669
    @dinahbecker9669 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I cannot say enough about this kit, or how helpful Bob was. I called him to discuss if this would fit my lock, he said yes after sending him a picture. Got it in 2 days, installed in 5 min. So good to see well made products and customer service to boot!

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for the compliment, Bob

• @dexterdearth4242
    @dexterdearth4242 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Just want to say, great customer service and response. Called Bob on a Sunday afternoon PST, and he answered the phone and gladly helped me out. Stand up guy with a great product. Highly recommend...Thanks Bob!

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for the compliment!!

• @kenlawson3098
    @kenlawson3098 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Just installed this kit that I ordered from you. Works perfect. Already replaced the entire expensive lock assy once before. Now I know its not going to break again! Thanks!!!

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  4 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for the comment. I wish that I hadn't spent $500+ on mine, but I guess that is what made me start making this kit. Thanks, Bob

• @MarchBDRES
    @MarchBDRES 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Thank you, Bob. Received and installed in about 5 minutes, would have been quicker but the latch got stuck getting it out of the door frame! Quality pieces, absolutely worth the price.

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  2 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for letting me know Dave. Glad that I could help.

• @JohnElsTX
    @JohnElsTX 2 ปีที่แล้ว

I installed my latch this morning. Once I had the lock out out, the installation was easy and my door is working 100%. Bob, thanks so much for your ingenuity in creating this part and turning it into a business. You made my day a better one!

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  2 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for letting me know.

• @scottking7875
    @scottking7875 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

This is Awesome Bob!! Just repaired my broken lock yesterday and it was super simple. I recommend this kit to everyone. Thank you so much Bob. You have helped RVers solve the inferior construction from the manufacturer.

• @dw5772
    @dw5772 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Super easy to install, once I was able to Dremel out the old pot metal one. The white plastic piece had broken off quite a bit ago and in order to close the door, had to hold the handle open. After installing this, the door closes much easier both from inside and out, no more holding the handle open. Great product.

• @paulcandicemills2868
    @paulcandicemills2868 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Bob: I received the Stainless Latch today 6/17/21. I open the package which was very well packed. to make a long story short, CUDOS to you Sir. After watching your video on TH-cam and removing the old Pot Metal Latch ( Which took a little bit of effort) I had to resort to my electric Dremel to sever the leg of the Latch that wasn't broken, I started the reassembly process which took all of about 5 or 6 min. Remounted the latch back in the door and it works better than the original .
    Thanks Bob you are a life saver.

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for the compliment.

• @barbara34810
    @barbara34810 2 ปีที่แล้ว

I just ordered mine. It was Fast Free Shipping and excellent customer service. It was easy to install and only took me less then 5 minuets to put new part on. Thanks

• @jjlopata
    @jjlopata หลายเดือนก่อน

Thank you so much...this saved us over $100! It works like a charm!

• @MarchBDRES
    @MarchBDRES 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Thank You so much!! Mine broke today, $145 to get the door open (Not to replace, just open!) Ordered Immediately!!

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  2 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks. I know the feeling of having to buy 3 @ $150+. I think that you're lucky to have someone to get the door open without destroying the handle. I've heard a number of horror stories. It'll go to the PO within the hour. Thanks, Bob McClure

• @iffibelieveinme2393
    @iffibelieveinme2393 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I already purchased the entire replacement assembly but still bought your kit to have a spare. Thanks for the video and please ship right away. I’m the Louisiana order your just received.

• @brookegabris1478
    @brookegabris1478 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Absolutely fantastic! Only trouble I had was getting the door lock out of the door. So please consider adding that part to your video. It arrived super fast via USPS and I swapped in the new piece following along with the video. Thor quoted $320.00 to replace the entire handle. This is a great fix! Thank you…. BTW, it had been my upgraded steel latch that broke!

• @aquaroselife
      @aquaroselife 11 หลายเดือนก่อน

We are having trouble getting our door handle out to fix it. Do you have any tips or instructions?

• @lenora719
    @lenora719 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thank you sooooo much for your help. I removed the the back,plate and the plastic piece you said probably was causing the problem fell out and its working again. Nasty problem getting locked inside r v.

• @alanhenry6651
    @alanhenry6651 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Bob thank you
    Just received the latch fix part
    It went in exactly as your video described
    Outstanding
    Genius

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks,, I appreciate the feedback, Bob

• @oboloori
    @oboloori 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Just received my kit, installed the new latch, and am very happy with the results. Thanks for your clever invention and thanks for the saving me $100+.

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for letting me know. I must say, the customers have ALL been great.

• @stevehall6834
    @stevehall6834 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for the wonderful product and customer service! Ordered on Tuesday and arrived in CA on Thursday. I put it in today and it was pretty easy except for getting the lock out of the door. There was a really sticky gasket so it took 5-6 whacks with a rubber mallet to crack the seal. The door works great now!

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thanks. I should do another video and show getting the outside handle out of the coach. What I do is line the outside edge of the outer handle with a row of masking tape, then take a thin putty knife and drive behind the old gasket for the perimeter of the handle. The factory gasket is baked onto the surface from the sun.

• @TheTrace8
    @TheTrace8 3 ปีที่แล้ว

So great. Prepping my dads RV to sell, and this broke while we were in the process of it. The quality of the machine piece is really amazing and that’s definitely a forever fix. Thanks for stepping up and doing this

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thanks for letting me know. Glad that I could help.

• @letsgo7068
    @letsgo7068 2 ปีที่แล้ว

I installed my latch today also! It was an easy walk through with your video, thank you so much! One more part on my RV that I was able to fix better than it was before, thank you Bob! I've already shared your fix, you made my day!

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  2 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for the compliment. Glad that I could help.

• @jayquinty
    @jayquinty 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Just finished installing the latch kit. Piece of cake! Thanks Bob for taking the time to keep us from throwing everything away and buying new. Door works better than new now. And thanks for including your phone number so I could contact you and advise me that I could remove the broken latch, re-install and run with deadbolt only until I could get the kit. God bless. Jay

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for letting me know. Glad that I could help.

• @ewilliamson6051
    @ewilliamson6051 ปีที่แล้ว +2

This fix is amazing 👏 😍

• @MarkSampson69
    @MarkSampson69 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Bob-------you are a genius------------such an easy and quick fix. Money well spent-------thanks !!!!!!!

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks Mark.

• @resietolentino9041
    @resietolentino9041 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Im from Canada this is good i install mine in 5min and done...thanks to you bob i save a lot

• @bobmcclure1624
      @bobmcclure1624 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Thank you.

• @colleenarmstrong1372
      @colleenarmstrong1372 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@bobmcclure1624 I'm in Canada and just spent a day at our campground unlocking the broken door. Looks like no one can trust shipping to Canada anymore. Please let me know when you are shipping again, thanks so much

• @rickjagodowski1581
    @rickjagodowski1581 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I just installed this kit on our Class A RV door. The original Trimark lock bolt broke after about 15 years. The replacement complete lock assembly I purchased in 2019, however, failed a little after two years, about a month ago. Apparently this was right before they started including the steel bolt. What broke on the replacement lock was a plastic piece inside preventing the bolt from retracting all the way. Fortunately I was inside the RV, so I removed the inside plate and was able to open the door. I was surprised to see the pot metal bolt still in one piece. Well, one leg of it DID have a crack in it. I cleared the broken plastic piece and the door seemed to function properly, so we very carefully opened and closed the RV door since then. Today I installed it and had to break the other pot-metal leg. I expected it to break easily, but it actually put up a bit of a fight. Eventually, though, I reigned supreme and it broke. I reassembled everything as shown on the video and all is well now. Thank you!!!!

• @michaelmcdermott7065
    @michaelmcdermott7065 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks Bob, I just installed your kit. So easy and worked perfectly. One note: the included spring was very rusty. I opted to use the old one that was still like new.

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks. The spring is coated with a red oxide rust coating. That's why it looks that way. I have them made in California, and they are 2# per inch lighter than the original spring. I tried about 5 different spring rates before settling on this one. Thanks again, Bob

• @pweg1
    @pweg1 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Bob...what ME school did you go to, Michigan, Stanford? What an awesome product...thank you for re-engineering and building it. Great instructional/install video; easy to install; and product works as advertised...even better than the original!

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for the compliment. No ME school, as I can't sit still very long. Just had to buy 3 handles, and knew that I could make it better.

• @gregwalker7105
    @gregwalker7105 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Bob you are what people who want to become a entrepreneur is all about. Solve a problem.
    I’m ordering my Kit this week.
    I would love to add your story to my 2nd Best selling coming book titled “DREAM-GGRIND-HUSTLE”🙏
    Much success from Columbus Ohio.

• @mx2bob569

Thanks for the compliment Greg. I have a list of things that p*** me off, and I think about solutions .

• @QRMeTV
    @QRMeTV ปีที่แล้ว +1

Just placed order, thank you

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  ปีที่แล้ว

Thank you. It's already at the PO terminal.

• @dennisburgess3279
    @dennisburgess3279 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Great product..Thank You.

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks, I appreciate that!

• @walterigo4400
    @walterigo4400 7 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

The new locks are around three hundred and eighty five dollars. And I paid twenty seven or something like that after shipping for the part.

• @permitwriter3371
    @permitwriter3371 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks! The kit worked great and was easy to install. Much less expensive then replacing the whole handle (which may still have a pot metal latch) and no need to replace keys. Curiously, my striker pins were very hard to remove. They appeared to have red thread locker on them.

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Yes, they do have the red threadlocker on them, at least the 10 or so that I have disassembled. Just an FYI, you can go to my Cart Collapse facebook page, and I have a post there about how you can identify which handle has the pot metal part in it from looking at an ad. Most of the ads on Ebay are for handles that have the pot metal part in them. I guess that I don't have to worry about sales going down. Thanks, Bob

• @mx2bob569
    @mx2bob569  3 ปีที่แล้ว

If your plunger isn't broken yet, and you want to install a kit to prevent the inevitable, you will need to break the pot metal plunger. What generally works to break it is to take a large flat blade screwdriver, insert it into the slot of the plunger and twist. If it doesn't break, clamp a pair of vise grips on the shaft of the screwdriver for more leverage. Most of the feedback from people that ask that say that it breaks fairly easily. Thanks, Bob

• @Streetgang1956
    @Streetgang1956 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Great Kit....Exeeeeeeeeeds Expectations! Easy fix

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for letting me know!!

• @mx2bob569
    @mx2bob569  2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Unfortunately, as of today, I am out of kits. I hope to have more within the next couple of weeks. Thanks, Bob

• @mx2bob569
    @mx2bob569  4 หลายเดือนก่อน

If you're thinking about buying a kit, I am probably on my last 30 of them, as I lost my machinist. If I make any more, I'll post it here. Thanks, Bob

• @darrylanton9323
    @darrylanton9323 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Very good idea, I just had to replace my whole latch :) That inner plastic nylon piece that opens the latch broke, cheap plastic!

• @mx2bob569
    @mx2bob569  4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I just added an option for Canadians to buy with PayPal on my latchfix.com website.

• @mx2bob569
    @mx2bob569  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

With my kit, you will no longer need the white plastic piece that is in your handle. I engineered this to do away with that part, as it's just one more thing to go wrong.

• @roberto3330
    @roberto3330 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Thank you!!!!! Easy fix 👍🏽👍🏽

• @mx2bob569
    @mx2bob569  4 ปีที่แล้ว

Just an FYI, I just received springs that I had made, so a new spring will come with the kit.

• @mikemanjo2458
    @mikemanjo2458 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Great idea!!!

• @richardnoll9672
    @richardnoll9672 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Hello Bob, I phoned but got voicemail. I pre-emptively installed your Trimark door latch fix last fall. This spring I went on a 2 month trip. Just a few days before the end of my trip, the inside door opening paddle failed. Upon inspection, the tip that engages with the stainless door plunger from your kit had a notch deeply worn in, and broke off just above the notch. Do you have any guidance regarding this issue? I'm wondering if I need to radius the stainless part where the inside paddle engages? Also, when I installed your kit, I reused the original spring instead of using the one that was supplied with the kit. I'm wondering if the red supplied spring is less stiff than the original? If so, perhaps changing out the spring would help with my problem?
    Thanks
    Rick

• @charlesmorganti3694
    @charlesmorganti3694 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT IF YOU HAVE THE PROBLEM TYPE LATCH ON YOUR RV THAT YOU PREEMPTIVELY REPLACE IT BEFORE IT CAN FAIL AND TRAP YOU IN YOUR RV. THIS IS A SERIOUS FACTORY DEFECT. IF SOMEONE IS TRAPPED IN AND DIES DURING THE COURSE OF AN EMERGENCY EGRESS, THE LATCH COMPANY WILL BE SUED OUT OF EXISTENCE. I DON'T KNOW WHY THEY DON'T OFFER TO PROVIDE BOB'S FIX AS A CUSTOMER SERVICE.

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Absolutely, as if the problem was in your home, where you have other doors and the tools to fix, why would you take a chance by going on the road, where you don't know when or where it might break, and you may not have the tools available. At the very least, carry a kit with you in the event that it breaks.

• @michelpaulcote156
    @michelpaulcote156 2 ปีที่แล้ว

This video is 2 years old. Do you still sell the repair kit? I am in Canada and would prefer to install your great improved latch.

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  2 ปีที่แล้ว

Sorry for the delay. Yes, send me your address, and I'll get a cost for shipping. Thanks

• @mx2bob569
    @mx2bob569  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Check out the video by RV Knowhow. He does a great job of showing a kit install.

• @stevekearbey7219
    @stevekearbey7219 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Hi Bob, will this kit fit the Trimark 1993/72130? That is what is stamped on my current door, it looks very similar to the one in this video though. It's on a 2018 class C.

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  4 ปีที่แล้ว

Text me a picture of the outside part of the handle. If it is rounded on one side, I think that it's the 060-1650 handle. Plus, from what I'm learning from talking with people about every day, the 060-650 was an earlier version that was replaced by 08-10. You can text me a picture at 785-224-4474. Thanks, Bob

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Also, if you remove the inside part of the handle, all of them that I have seen have a 29412 stamped on the inside of the exterior part of the handle.

• @stevekearbey7219
      @stevekearbey7219 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@mx2bob569 Ah ha... didn't see that number in there before, but did today on the metal part. I had been looking at the plastic part. It does have the curved part. I will text you pictures. thank you.

• @jeffpatchen5944
    @jeffpatchen5944 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Bob,
    I have a 2003 Titanium by Glendale, Canadian built 5th wheel that has a latch identical to the ones pictured and had the misfortune of being locked in yesterday. I managed to get out by dismantling the latch assembly. Of course I saved all the parts. Here's the question, the internal part numbers are nothing like those mentioned. Mine are RD./ENR. 1993/72130 on the casting and 29412 40H on the steel plate. Mine also has a nylon piece shaped similar to the inside end of the bolt. Not exactly sure how it goes back in. Is your kit compatible with this latch assembly. Thanks so much !

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Good morning Jeff. Sorry about the delay, I didn't get a notification from TH-cam. If your handle is D shaped, it's the right one. Call me at 785-224-4474, if you have questions. If you look at the silver plate on the inside of the outer handle, it should have the number 29412 stamped in that plate. I hope that this helps, Bob

• @traveler320ak7
    @traveler320ak7 ปีที่แล้ว

How do i get the door handle off the door. I took the screws off inside but it is still locked and i can’t get the outside part off and can’t open the door to access the two screws

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  ปีที่แล้ว

Sorry for the delay. From inside with the inner handle removed, use needle nose pliers and grab one side of the slotted part that broke. Pull it to the left, and the door should come open. Have someone on the outside lean inward on the door to take pressure off of the broken part. You can call me anytime at 785-224-4474.

• @davidphillips3165
    @davidphillips3165 ปีที่แล้ว

Bob. Will this fit the trimark 60/650 as well as 60/1650. Part looks identical. Thanks Dave Phillips

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  ปีที่แล้ว

Sorry for the delay Dave. No, it won't fit the 650 model, and you will end up buying a new handle. You will be buying the 060-1650. Be certain that the handle that you buy has a steel part in it. I can tell you how to look at a picture of a handle to tell if it has a steel part versus the pot metal (aka breakable) . My cell # is 785-224-4474. If you text me a pic of a handle that you're looking to buy, I will let you know if it's steel or not. Thanks, Bob McClure

• @davidphillips3165
      @davidphillips3165 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks Bob Time to go shopping i guess dp @@mx2bob569

• @jimmiemize1754
    @jimmiemize1754 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Will it fix Dexter 49412 04J. Which I replaced the the trim mark, which first perfectly.

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  2 ปีที่แล้ว

The number 29412 will be stamped in the silver plate on the inside of the outer handle. It will have a two digit number and a letter following the 29412, which I'm certain is a batch number. Also, you can call me anytime @ 785-224-4474.

• @kurtpennington9732
    @kurtpennington9732 9 หลายเดือนก่อน

Bob, are you also selling these on Amazon?... I'm seeing it there as well.

• @kurtpennington9732
      @kurtpennington9732 9 หลายเดือนก่อน

Nevermind... I think it was a Chinese knock-off... I purchased from you!

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  9 หลายเดือนก่อน

Sorry for the delay. Yes, it's a Chinese knockoff. I'll probably stop making them in the near future because of that. It's obvious to me that they don't know anything about them, just duplicated what I make.

• @garrettecroxton2
    @garrettecroxton2 3 ปีที่แล้ว

My lock is not broken but, today I checked with a magnet and it is pot metal. How do you break the lock in order to install the kit.
    Thank you,
    Garrette

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  3 ปีที่แล้ว

I'm so sorry about not seeing your question. If you haven't done anything yet, call me @ 785-224-4474. Thanks, Bob

• @dw5772
      @dw5772 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I used a Dremel and metal cut off wheel to cut thru both pieces.

• @steveandsylviasadventuress5979
    @steveandsylviasadventuress5979 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Hey Bob. I ordered this kit two weeks ago and as of to day 8/1 I still have not received it. I know its not your fault just letting you know about the slow us mail. Thanks.

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  4 ปีที่แล้ว

I will go to the PO tomorrow. I have had about 5 that were horror stories. I am sorry. Please send me a cell# to 785-224-4744, and I will let you know ASAP. Thanks for your patience, which is better than mine. They fight over taking a lunch break when they see me walk in.

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  4 ปีที่แล้ว

I just checked the tracking #, and it says that it's in Fayetteville and out for delivery. I will keep checking tomorrow, and if it doesn't say delivered by noon, I'm going for that personal visit at the PO.

• @steveandsylviasadventuress5979
      @steveandsylviasadventuress5979 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks Bob. I have finally received the kit. However I been on a trip for the last wee but I can't wait to get home and install it. Thanks again.

• @TreyCamp
    @TreyCamp 9 หลายเดือนก่อน

well. This doesn't help get the door open, but cool improvement I guess. haha

• @cathyschermer2223
    @cathyschermer2223 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi,
    Is this still available to purchase? I have a 1993/72130 model, will this work?
    Thank you, Cathy

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Good afternoon Cathy. I'm sorry about the delay in answering, I did send a kit out to you. If you can text me a picture of the outside handle, I can tell if it will work. If not, you will end up having to buy a new handle, and it will look like the picture at the start of this video. My cell no is 785-224-4474. If it's not the right one, no problem, just mail it back to me and I'll refund your money. Thanks, Bob McClure

• @mx2bob569
    @mx2bob569  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Kit can be purchased here ----> www.latchfix.com/copy-of-rv-door-handle-kit
    Note: Even though the purchase is done through PayPal, you can still purchase using a major credit card (Visa, Mastercard, etc). You do NOT need a PayPal account in order to buy.
    Cost is $46 including shipping as of the time of this comment (October 16, 2020)

• @mx2bob569
    @mx2bob569  4 ปีที่แล้ว

If you have any question about your handle, my cell # is 785-224-4474, and you can text a picture of the outside of your handle if it's not removed from your coach, or a picture of the inside of the outer part of the handle. Or, if you have any other questions, call or text . Thanks, Bob

• @steveedwards8859
    @steveedwards8859 4 ปีที่แล้ว

How much does your kit cost?

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  4 ปีที่แล้ว

Sorry for the delay. $45 w/free shipping. They're on Ebay w/ a buy it now. Any questions, call me anytime @ 785-224-4474 Thanks, Bob

• @lincolnkroll
      @lincolnkroll 4 ปีที่แล้ว

MX2 Bob Great invention, thank you!!!

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@lincolnkroll Thanks for the compliment !

• @chuckneese1282
    @chuckneese1282 2 ปีที่แล้ว

You don't show what to do to get it off???

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  2 ปีที่แล้ว

Do you mean the outside handle from the coach? If so, there's 2 philips head screws in the end of the door. After those are removed, it will come out. It may be stuck from the sun baking the gasket, but nothing else.

• @chuckneese1282
      @chuckneese1282 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@mx2bob569 the door is stuck and will not open. I removed the 3 inside screws but it will still not open

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  2 ปีที่แล้ว

Give me a call @ 785-224-4474

• @mx2bob569

Sorry. When you remove the 3 screws on the inside, you pull off the inside handle. Then, you can see the slotted part that the end broke off of. Take some needle nose pliers and grab one side of the slotted part, and pull to the left. That should allow the door to come open, It helps to have someone on the outside pushing inward on the door at the same time, as this will take pressure off of the plunger and allow it to be moved to the left easier. BTW, I put my phone number on the video for a reason such as this. It's a cell, and if I don't answer, I will call you back as soon as I see it. I don't get notifications from youtube unless I sign in and check, so I didn't see your remark until I messaged you a couple of hours ago.

• @michaelstephens858
      @michaelstephens858 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@mx2bob569 Hi Bob,
      With so many bad things happening in the world today, it was refreshing to find that there is still somebody who makes it their business to help people solve a problem with an easy fix. (Especially someone like me who is a total mechanical know nothing!) I received the kit yesterday afternoon and just finished with the repair. EASY AS PIE with your video instructions. Thanks for your skill, time and knowledge of how to help in a time of need! Mike Stephens, Savannah, Ga.

• @chrisingram7277
    @chrisingram7277 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Do you ship to Canada?

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Good evening Chris. Did you get a kit ordered? I am sorry about not seeing your question earlier, as I thought that I would get notifications on questions or comments, but obviously, I don't. And , yes I do ship to Canada. Once again, I apologize about the delay in answering. If there's anything I can help you with, please just call me. My cell # is listed on the video. Thanks again, Bob

• @chrisingram7277

@@mx2bob569 Thanks Bob, the kit came today, looks good.

• @mx2bob569
      @mx2bob569  3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@chrisingram7277 Thanks Chris. Any questions or issues, you have my cell #. Thanks, Bob

• @chrisingram7277

@@mx2bob569 Nice design Bob, it's working better now than it ever did.

• @mx2bob569
    @mx2bob569  3 ปีที่แล้ว

th-cam.com/video/H03E5RA-MEo/w-d-xo.html This tells you how to get inside.