Interested in the vanlife? A tour of our coach built Volkswagen VW T4!

แชร์
ฝัง

ความคิดเห็น • 22

• @jamesroberts2216
    @jamesroberts2216 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

We want to meet your da.. sounds like a legend. Nice video. Thanks!

• @M_S01
    @M_S01 ปีที่แล้ว

Class to finally see what the inside looks like! Shout out at the end regarding the minority - glad I wasn't the only one thinking it!

• @af5579
    @af5579 ปีที่แล้ว +1

That evolution of van sticker looks good enough to be factory applied

• @larsgerhard5171
    @larsgerhard5171 ปีที่แล้ว +2

yippy, supi dupi t4 content, our multivan is with 2,4l too, but with huber turbo kit , makes 110 hp....greets from germany, we are " t4 bulli drive and life" on YT...luv all your vids

• @427Motorsports
      @427Motorsports  ปีที่แล้ว

That's brilliant, thank you so much for your kind words!!

• @StephenStylesGoesVanCamp
    @StephenStylesGoesVanCamp ปีที่แล้ว

I liked that thanks I have a T5 I'm currently converting but love the T4

• @sidcrowton93
    @sidcrowton93 ปีที่แล้ว

Great Review, i have a later T4 but basically the same, only point you missed was the leisure battery under the seat, worth a mention, if not using for camping it should be disconnected or it can go flat

• @427Motorsports
      @427Motorsports  ปีที่แล้ว

We don’t have a leisure battery under the seat, ours runs two 12V batteries in the engine bay and runs on a split charge relay system. Cheers! :)

• @davidwaterhouse2552
    @davidwaterhouse2552 11 หลายเดือนก่อน

Please send me link for the desk for the Passenger captains seat? dx

• @johnlucas8978
    @johnlucas8978 4 หลายเดือนก่อน

Seems like the large majority of T4 camper vans have non-turbo 2.4L diesel engines, with those with the 2.5L TDI being fairly rare. Realize that the TDI is more powerful, but is this offset by lower fuel economy than the non-turbo?

• @427Motorsports
      @427Motorsports  4 หลายเดือนก่อน

To be honest with you the difference is negligible - a lot of folk prefer the straight diesel because there’s less to go wrong. With VW’s TDIs being so good, it’s not like they’d give much bother anyway.
      Plus too, adding the TDI would add a big chunk of cost to an already fairly premium van compared to its Fiat/Talbot counterparts - they likely needed to keep costs down as the camper was going to be expensive as it was already.

• @TommyIsATwat
    @TommyIsATwat ปีที่แล้ว +1

Ah, be a bit kinder to your old man, he's got it covered

• @Radio4ManLeics
    @Radio4ManLeics 4 หลายเดือนก่อน

Not exactly a coach built. That'sa Holdsworth camper van. One of the best on the market in its day. Sadly no longer in business.

• @richardheath8246
      @richardheath8246 4 หลายเดือนก่อน

Looks more like an Autosleeper to me - classic Autosleeper interior woodwork & fabrics, & Trident model designation. Not a coachbuilt, a PVC (panel van conversion). And as for the leisure battery, sometimes they were mounted in the engine bay as well as the vehicle battery, & would have been charged from the alternator via a split charge relay.

• @allanb52
    @allanb52 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

er....that is not a coachbuilt, it is a van based camper with a hightop. Coachbuilt means a bare chassis+cab with a complete coachbuilt back, like a caravan. The 2.4d are absolutely dreadful and a nightmare to drive and expensive to run and maintain, I got rid of mine PDQ after a £2,000 bill for next to nothing. THE MOST IMPORTANT part is the engine. I bought an 08 Vauxhall Vivaro and is the best van on the market, bar none. No timing belt, 105bhp and drives like a car. VWs are poser's crap.
    You guys really don,t know anything, you don't oil the bed you loosen the nyloc nuts very slightly. Why do you make a video with so little knowledge? Irish..I am saying nothing?

• @427Motorsports
      @427Motorsports  3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Thinks a Vauxhall is the best van then tells us we know nothing
      Alright lad, g’way and ride the hand

• @allanb52
      @allanb52 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

@@427Motorsports Well not only me, it is the best selling van in UK, it's sister vehicle the Renault Trafic is the best selling van in Europe. The Vauxhall/Opel Vivaro is consistently voted the most reliable 1 tonne commercial. The Vauhall/Opel is one of the first and considered the best common rail diesel engines, yours being the worst engine of any kind. My 08 Vivaro has a great 6 speed gearbox giving 7 litres/100km 40mpg, with 105bhp and it handles as good a car..oh and no rust anywhere.
      Like I said you really don't know anything. Hence your choice of a 2.4d pram. Have a nice day.

• @user-vt2jo3oi7i
      @user-vt2jo3oi7i หลายเดือนก่อน

​@allanb52 I'll maybe look into your advice about vans, however there is absolutely no need for your unkind & aggressive comments, none at all, these sound & seem like genuine good nice people, who've done nothing to warrant such unkindness, you need to ask yourself why you are being so awful to people whom have done no wrong, & certainly not to you. Think on, or just leave commenting g if you've nothing nice to bring or show to anyone. 😞

• @allanb52
      @allanb52 หลายเดือนก่อน

@@user-vt2jo3oi7i The trouble is some people follow TH-cam advice and get into trouble. It happened to me "Itchy Boots" changed her Royal Enfield and bought a Honda CRF 250 and toured on it and was saying how good it was, so I bought one. It was a piece of crap. Her's later broke in half and the engine blew, but I had spent good money. So these "advice" videos need to be accurate and I was merely correcting some points you made to help others.

• @427Motorsports
      @427Motorsports  หลายเดือนก่อน

If you were charged £2000 on your Volkswagen van for "next to nothing" that just suggests that you don't even know enough to do the work on it yourself... Vivaro vans are prone to gearbox issues, turbocharger issues, overheating etc - generally expected with vauxhall build quality as far as we're concerned. As for recommendation for a modern van - it would have to be Mercedes Sprinter for all round reliability. There's a reason the ambulance service uses them everywhere