VW Transporter So Low AiR suspension explained. T5, T5.1, T6 and T6.1

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 21 ธ.ค. 2022
  • If you're not interested in air suspension, skip to the end as we go through the new So Low springs and coilovers options for VW Transporters that we'll be releasing early 2023.
    If you're here for the air ride... we explain the development involved in what we (and many others) believe is the best VW Transporter air suspension on the market. Whether you have a T5, T5.1, T6 or T6.1 we've got you covered.
    We also explain the So Low SHH quiet compressors, So Low seamless tank designed for Transporters and also the use of longer drop links with air suspension.
    If you've followed us for a while, you'll know we love a bagged Transporter. We've used all the other air suspension kits out there, it was time we made our own. If you're thinking of bagging your Transporter, T26, T28, T30 and T32, we have a So Low AiR kit for you.
    This air suspension kit has been a long time coming, we didn't want to just copy what everyone else does, we wanted to make a better kit. Not just a bit better, but a whole lot better. More comfy, better handling, better fitment and on top of all that, a 2 year warranty.
    We'd like to thank BNHF and also Lowdown Transporters for their help developing this kit, both of which are master dealers for the new Solow AiR.
    The So Low Air suspension will also be available from Transporter HQ Europe and UK. We supply to the retail and trade so ask your local air suspension installer to get in touch if you're thinking of an air ride install on your Transporter.
    T7 and ID Buzz air suspension also coming soon. As with everything we do, these things can't be rushed though, before we are ready to release them, they have to be 100% ready.
    If you are a garage / converter and interested in becoming an authorised Solow installer, even if it's just spring and coilovers and not necessarily air suspension, please get in touch. info@solowsupension.com
    Please do hit that like button, it means a lot.
    Comment below your thoughts or if you have any questions, we try to answer them all.
    Subscribe for more videos featuring all the suspension mentioned here plus a bunch of other awesome stuff.
    As always, thanks for watching.
  • ยานยนต์และพาหนะ

ความคิดเห็น • 55

• @leeedwards7721
    @leeedwards7721 11 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

MOST People think of Air-Bags the WRONG WAY, I had Air-Bags on my Terex AT35 Mobile Crane @24T On the road [AT Is ALL Terrain] The Ride Comfort even over Very Rough Terrain was Incredible. Both ROLLS-ROYCE AND Bentley use AIR-BAGS so if it;s good enough for those Companies it;s GOOD Enough for MUCH LIGHTER VW Vans/Campers. I NEVER had an Air-Bag Blow which is a Testament to HOW GOOD these are Made. Good on You Lads, Best wishes South Wales.

• @wellsr44
    @wellsr44 ปีที่แล้ว +3

A standard ride height / lifted version would be a good seller IMO. Perfect for camper owners who aren’t looking to go low but want the comfort and adjustability.

• @THQAutomotive
      @THQAutomotive  ปีที่แล้ว +2

That is coming also using the new Solow LFT damper.

• @martymimnagh
      @martymimnagh ปีที่แล้ว

ABP do a great kit that suits your needs

• @SouthlandsMotorCompany
    @SouthlandsMotorCompany ปีที่แล้ว

Lee here from southlands, I've been watching your videos now for a while and your content is brilliant, very clear, has lots of detail and really gives all of the information without sales patter. I've been speaking to our factory and it Looks like we are now going to be fitting some of these next year to our retail vans (along with the new rear hidden storage locker for our hook ups points) as I would love them on my t5.1 but have only just splashed all my cash on the van! Keep up the amazing work and have a fantastic Christmas and new year!

• @THQAutomotive
      @THQAutomotive  ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thanks Lee. We really don't set out to do the hard sell as you say. We enjoy helping people understand all the options available for Transporters. I just hope the qualify of products we develop sell themselves. Thank you for taking the time to comment and Merry Christmas.

• @bognormotors.
    @bognormotors. ปีที่แล้ว

Great Video guys. Very informative. Looking forward to getting on board with this. Happy Christmas to you all 🎄

• @THQAutomotive

Happy a great Christmas Bognor team x

• @slammedvans
    @slammedvans ปีที่แล้ว

Another good video, great job of making and explaining air for the masses.

• @leightonwatkins7253
    @leightonwatkins7253 ปีที่แล้ว

Really interesting vid loved the way you went trough it and explained everything keep up the good work and have a great Xmas 👍

• @THQAutomotive
      @THQAutomotive  ปีที่แล้ว

Thank you. We wanted to try and explain the dept. I hope it came across informative. Hope you have a great Christmas and New Year 😊

• @peterwilding9744
    @peterwilding9744 ปีที่แล้ว

Fantastic detail and quality so good hope you sell loads of them Merry Christmas and a happy New Year any news on the caddy ?? Take care everyone

• @THQAutomotive

Hi Peter, thanks for the comment. I promise we'll get a video on the caddy out in the New Year. We've just finalised the Solow coilovers for the Caddy Mk5. Headlights are coming soon too.

• @s1_vbe
    @s1_vbe ปีที่แล้ว

Such a good company and what a beard ..
    Great job

• @davetalton6939
    @davetalton6939 ปีที่แล้ว +1

That beard is looking fierce mate!

• @THQAutomotive

Thanks, its getting there, haha

• @davetalton6939
      @davetalton6939 ปีที่แล้ว

@@THQAutomotive hope you and the family have a mega Xmas mate.

• @THQAutomotive

@@davetalton6939 thanks Dave, and you ❤️

• @pauljohnathan
    @pauljohnathan ปีที่แล้ว

Great insight into the bagged world! I know you guys don’t fit air but would like to know what I should expect to pay for standard air ride setup,supply and fit

• @THQAutomotive

It very much depends on compressors, management options and additional cutting work. £5k upwards

• @wandango5913
    @wandango5913 ปีที่แล้ว

How about ‘DLK’ for the droplink? Great informative video

• @THQAutomotive

Yep, that works 👌 thanks 😊

• @onaroad4505
    @onaroad4505 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi great vid can you use your 45 mm spring kit on the front and a air bag on the rear only purpose being just need to drop the rear of the van for loading a motorbike ash

• @THQAutomotive

It wouldn't be worth it. The cost are mostly install and management etc. it wouldn't be much cheaper than a full system. The ride wouldn't good either. The ride really would be really hard with the bags inflated that much to get the rear lift so match the front height.

• @aberdeenal3234
    @aberdeenal3234 ปีที่แล้ว

What another great video! I'd love to have air suspension on my van but that's probably 6ish months down the line.
    Out of interest how long does it take to install an air system and the approx cost?

• @THQAutomotive

Most companies will want the vehicle are week. Prices vary a lot based on management, compressors and additional cutting work if wanted. If you're in Scotland, contact a company called unit six 8.

• @itsagoodalife.....6363
    @itsagoodalife.....6363 ปีที่แล้ว

My B14’s are coming to the end of there life , I’m thinking this is the way forward for me , how long would it take to fit as I’m all the way down in Devon … great video

• @THQAutomotive

We don't do customer installs. Most companies would want to keep the vehicle a week.

• @craigjames1355
    @craigjames1355 ปีที่แล้ว

Great informative video guys 👍 how much is this set up your explaining? I have T6 T32 4 motion. Thanks

• @THQAutomotive

The strut and bag kit is £2650. transporterhq.co.uk/vw-transporter-parts-styling-accessories/vw-t5-t6-lowering/air-suspension/vw-transporter-t5-t6-t32-solow-air-suspension-strut-kit/

• @craigjames1355
      @craigjames1355 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks . Have a well deserved break this Xmas guys 🥃🍺

• @smrobertson72
    @smrobertson72 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi Andy, what about updated anti roll bars. Think it’s one of the simplest mods I’ve done that gave the biggest noticeable individual difference. How about a Solow version of these. Would complete the suspension range!!

• @THQAutomotive

We looked into it but the H&R version is so good, we don't think it can be improved on. They're a great upgrade.

• @smrobertson72
      @smrobertson72 ปีที่แล้ว

@@THQAutomotive yip they sure are

• @pimpampumdc6101
    @pimpampumdc6101 9 หลายเดือนก่อน

hi guys, question; I have a NSL kit on my t6 and I'm thinking going air, can I use my existing struts and just get the bags or that's not possible?

• @THQAutomotive
      @THQAutomotive  9 หลายเดือนก่อน

No sorry, you'd need to replace them too :(

• @cheesesteakjimmy2076
    @cheesesteakjimmy2076 ปีที่แล้ว

Am not going to lie I went maxload because of price but wish I just spent the extra and went solow

• @THQAutomotive

I get why people go for the cheaper option but they just don't compare on ride and quality.

• @D4VE26
    @D4VE26 ปีที่แล้ว

Id love to have air on my 04 t5, are the bags tough? Is there a life span of the rubber? Are they serviceable?

• @THQAutomotive

The big are really tough and should last longer than any spring. They are serviceable anyway and the rubber part is easily replaceable if needed.

• @D4VE26
      @D4VE26 ปีที่แล้ว

@@THQAutomotive awesome, good to hear 👍 Thanks for the reply. If the bag does pop for some reason does it make it undriveable or is it still driveable full droop?

• @THQAutomotive

@@D4VE26 the damper would hold it up to a point. I've never know a bag pop though. They wear then leak if anything. Even then that's only ever been on budget air suspension kits.

• @D4VE26
      @D4VE26 ปีที่แล้ว

@@THQAutomotive really selling it to me 😁 how much is full kit?

• @THQAutomotive

@@D4VE26 depends on compressors and management. We don't do installs but some installers will do it all for around £6k

• @briancohen1967
    @briancohen1967 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thought you was going to sell fish fingers 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• @THQAutomotive

I'm waiting for the call up from Birds Eye.

• @ants3
    @ants3 ปีที่แล้ว

Nice info fellas .... question please ... In order to swap out my Viair 444s.... I visited your site to purchase your compressors do I need to purchase anything else for the swap ??

• @THQAutomotive

No 😊

• @ants3
      @ants3 ปีที่แล้ว

A bit of feedback .I purchased the compressors from you & fitted
      What a difference
      super quiet .... so pleased thanks

• @THQAutomotive

@@ants3 thanks for the feedback

• @theisholm8372