HOW TO PROFESSIONALLY FIT AN AWNING TO YOUR CAMPER (Fiamma F45s on a VW T4)

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 11 ต.ค. 2024
  • Step by step instructions showing you how to fit a Fiamma F45s wind-out awning to your Camper.
    This particular method of fitting applies to a VW T4 with the VW T4 Lift Roof Bracket set and we also discuss the VW T5 Multivan Brackets and how to fit them.
    TIME STAMPED PLAYLIST BELOW ⬇️
    👕 BUY OUR MERCH HERE: www.combevalleycampers.co.uk/merch
    ▶️ HOW TO BUILD A CAMPER VAN PLAYLIST: • HOW TO PROFESSIONALLY ...
    🔧 BUY THE TOOLS SEEN IN THIS VIDEO HERE: www.combevalleycampers.co.uk/tools
    ⭐ SUPPORT THE CHANNEL: / combevalleycampers
    🕐 TIME STAMPS
    0:00 HOW TO PROFESSIONALLY FIT AN AWNING TO YOUR CAMPER (Fiamma F45s on a VW T4)
    0:01 Video Intro
    0:57 The parts needed and fitting kits
    2:36 The Fiamma F45s VW T5/T6 Multivan UK kit
    4:40 The VW T4 Lift Roof Kit
    6:20 The tools needed to fit the awning
    8:48 VITAL! Read the Instructions!
    9:50 Measure twice, drill once!
    11:50 Masking off the vehicle and marking holes
    13:51 Drilling the mounting bracket holes
    16:21 Paint your drill holes!
    17:40 Fit the Rivnuts (with sealant)
    21:26 Fitting the brackets and aluminium plates
    27:40 Take a Scalextric break!
    28:11 Fitting the awning to the brackets
    31.37 Drilling and fitting the retaining screws
    35:48 How to fit a Fiamma F45s to a T5/T6 with the supplied brackets
    38:05 How to use the securing pegs
    38:43 How to wind the awning in, with one person
    42:03 How to wind the awning out, with one person
    44:20 Outro
    Thanks to the team as ever for their help and support.
    Feel free to ask any questions down below and don't forget to give the video a thumbs up and subscribe to our channel!
    Filming and Editing: Ali Jassim / just_jassim
    BRAND NEW WEBSITE: www.combevalle...
    FACEBOOK: / combevalleycampers
    INSTAGRAM: / combe_valley_campers
    @combe_valley_campers
    Disclaimer:
    Due to factors beyond the control of Combe Valley Campers Ltd, I cannot guarantee against improper use or unauthorized modifications of this information. Combe Valley Campers Ltd assumes no liability for property damage or injury incurred as a result of any of the information contained in this video. Use this information at your own risk. Combe Valley Campers Ltd recommends safe practices when working on vehicles and or with tools seen or implied in this video. Due to factors beyond the control of Combe Valley Campers Ltd, no information contained in this video shall create any expressed or implied warranty or guarantee of any particular result. Any injury, damage, or loss that may result from improper use of these tools, equipment, or from the information contained in this video is the sole responsibility of the user and not Combe Valley Campers.

ความคิดเห็น • 71

• @davidhawker6223
    @davidhawker6223 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

The only video you will ever need to watch if fitting a Fiamma.....superb

• @colinlee5429
    @colinlee5429 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Great video, Dan being rolled into the picture was the best bit! 🤣
    Done a great job fitting my thule awning years ago too 👌

• @kstewart3657
    @kstewart3657 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Great step by step instructional video. The rivnuts are are a much stronger method of securing the brackets than self tapping screws. Well done. 👍👏

• @Levi3D
    @Levi3D 4 หลายเดือนก่อน

I am just looking into doing just this - As ever, you have come up trumps! Superb channel

• @philipwatson7883
    @philipwatson7883 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Best informative video I’ve seen for some time. I am thinking about a camper self build and building knowledge currently. Cheers Phil

• @ivanbullen4284
    @ivanbullen4284 4 ปีที่แล้ว

That was great watching that. I always thought those awnings looked a bit bulky on the side of a van but once it's out it does look good.

• @chrisandsamlivingthedream
    @chrisandsamlivingthedream 5 หลายเดือนก่อน

Awesome..will get one for me T4 .. cheers Chris & Sammy

• @flyinghero5283
    @flyinghero5283 ปีที่แล้ว

Great video. Just brought a Ford transit custom and I want to fit 1 of these awning. Cheers

• @piciorusandrei2300
    @piciorusandrei2300 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Great Video, i've save it for the install of the my F45S on my T4 westfalia!

• @Zero_Ninety
    @Zero_Ninety 4 ปีที่แล้ว

I really like the colour of the T4. Looks great.

• @vanagon1966
    @vanagon1966 4 ปีที่แล้ว

also if you have a T4 camper I would buy the Reimo Awning rail and the fiamma fixing kit.
    not only is the Reimo rail a smart addition in its own right but then you won't have to drill 6 big holes in your van.
    but the big plus is you can take the awning away when you have periods that you don't need it and you just leave a smart looking rail.

• @dhmck
    @dhmck 2 ปีที่แล้ว

I'll be fitting one of these but think I'll spray the aluminium brackets black to match the rest first.

• @moogle2003
    @moogle2003 29 วันที่ผ่านมา

Great tutorial, is the T4 in the video a LWB ? , i have LWB T4 and not sure if i should buy a 260 or 300 .

• @colinmartin7323
    @colinmartin7323 หลายเดือนก่อน

Have you a video fitting to transit custom low roof lwb please

• @leegriffiths312
    @leegriffiths312 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Another great video! Can’t get enough!

• @philipanderson9434
    @philipanderson9434 ปีที่แล้ว

Nice video mate.

• @michiel3580
    @michiel3580 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Great stuff, very mucht in detail. Great!

• @stevefarnan1131
    @stevefarnan1131 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Another great video lads and cheers for the shout out 👍

• @anthonyabbott947
    @anthonyabbott947 10 หลายเดือนก่อน

great video. excellent attention to detail,just what us camoervan owners want. ive just emailed you for a supply and fit.

• @hardrive76
    @hardrive76 ปีที่แล้ว

I love the video and have ordered a fiamma awening for my t4, you didn't mention what size were the rivnuts you used. I'm asking as I'll have to buy a riv nut gun. What size max rivnut gun should I get m8 m10?
    Sorry to trouble you. Love your videos and watched them all

• @jasonmoorhouse4502
    @jasonmoorhouse4502 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Really helpful, cheers guys 👍

• @vanagon1966
    @vanagon1966 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

there are three bad points regarding this awning 1st the cleaver swivel legs are only attached by a silly cheap plastic grey rivet. they often falls out when putting the legs back in there case ..
    2nd the legs rattle inside the case when driving and going over bumps..drove me mad I now wrap foam inside before I close the awning shut.
    3rd seems a common problem when you rewind the awning shut till the red tab disappears the case is all nice and tight..
    but if you drive around especially at speed motorways ect the awning starts unwinding by its self i was constantly having to rewind it shut..
    unlike the old design they use to click shut .but this model doesn't so I now use a strap to keep this from happening..

• @benjones-v3i
    @benjones-v3i ปีที่แล้ว

Do you need to drill that bracket at the end or was that just to make it look better

• @harleysnook3514
    @harleysnook3514 ปีที่แล้ว

Perfect video, just about to fit mine! After a rivnut tool, what size are the rivets that come with the t4 lift set as an m6 tool is hard to come but m2-m5 is easily available. Would this be sufficient? :)

• @jakeblake_vwt4dub
    @jakeblake_vwt4dub 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Great vid, so much good info, thanks👍

• @KoolClassics
    @KoolClassics 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Just spotted in the title screen you can see over the roof. I need a ladder or you to climb on 👌

• @milanmilenkovic1915
    @milanmilenkovic1915 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Great video mate, just what I need. Thank you :)

• @wayney180
    @wayney180 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I would love to see basic electrics fir a campavan

• @peterb6382
    @peterb6382 ปีที่แล้ว

If you were using the brackets to fit an awning to a t5/6 could you still add the elevated roof at a later date? Or do you have to fit smaller brackets to your t5/6 to accommodate the elevated roof? Thanks.

• @eddt430
    @eddt430 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Fantastic video. My awning is all installed. Does anyone else have a rattley awning whilst driving?

• @ECCENTRICERIC69
      @ECCENTRICERIC69 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Wrap foam inside before I closing the awning shut.

• @jacobunderwood9340
    @jacobunderwood9340 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Seen this t4 a few times now! What is the colour please?!

• @steveroberts7524
    @steveroberts7524 ปีที่แล้ว

Do you have something to show the rubber rain seal being fitted on back?

• @henrik-dmg
    @henrik-dmg 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Really great video! We have the same model (T4, long wheelbase) and want to install the same awning. However, the official Fiamma installation guide states that for 2,60m long version (and longer) you need to install 3 brackets. In your video you‘re installing 2. Is that intentional because it would interfere with the sliding door? Would you say that 2 brackets are enough? Thanks!

• @davidhorsefield
    @davidhorsefield 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Good video, I've a t6 with pop top and I'm thinking of buying one of these. Do people feel they are worth it? Im also buying a drive away awning so trying to decide if a rail is a better choice

• @michaelhurn9982
    @michaelhurn9982 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Can you do a video on fitting a f45s to an t4 fibreglass high top please.

• @Redf322
    @Redf322 2 ปีที่แล้ว

How do you fit one to a lwb t5 shuttle. No multirail? Good vid

• @davidhorne8677
    @davidhorne8677 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Does the rain come through the gap between the awning casing and the roof? I’m guessing run off is directed away from there but you could still get some drops coming through yeah?

• @FurgoNorte
    @FurgoNorte 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Good video!

• @LakesLee
    @LakesLee 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

I have a T5.1 builders van with a galvanised roof rack. Can you get brackets that could fit to the upright sections of it (SDV roof rack), if I drilled holes to bolt a bracket to?

• @CombeValleyCampers
      @CombeValleyCampers  2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Yes. Most awnings come with universal brackets that are designed to mount to Motorhomes. These can be redrilled to fit to most structures

• @graememckay9972
    @graememckay9972 4 ปีที่แล้ว

The company that supplies my t6 said I couldn't get a fiamma awning after the poptop had been fitted because they are secured using the same holes.

• @blackpool321
    @blackpool321 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Is there a special fitting bracket for an autosleeper trooper with hard sided pop up roof ?

• @CombeValleyCampers
      @CombeValleyCampers  3 ปีที่แล้ว

The supplied universal brackets should be suitable for a fibre glass cap. Just be sure to use large spreader plates the other side of the fibreglass. If you are referencing a vwt3/t25 then there are gutter brackets made for this vehicle

• @blackpool321
      @blackpool321 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@CombeValleyCampers is a t4 the roof is a pop top but the sort with solid metal sides

• @CombeValleyCampers

The same would apply to the metal cap. The supplied universal brackets should work fine but make sure to use large spreader plates behind.

• @sambrookhouse4775
    @sambrookhouse4775 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Great looking T4 and really informative video.
    Anything you suggest to for added security to save somebody unscrewing the retaining screws and lifting the awning off?

• @bardot777
      @bardot777 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Great question ! Did you ever find an answer to it .? Its a expensive bit of kit held on by 4 nuts.

• @eddt430
      @eddt430 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@bardot777 I'm sure you wind open the awning the drill and screw it to the brackets for security

• @bardot777
      @bardot777 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@eddt430 I fitted mine then added security nuts to the outside. Then are cone shaped nuts that snap off once fitted.

• @paulstabler
    @paulstabler 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Great video. Thanks. Please could you share any options for adding an awning to factory fitted roof rails on a T6? Cheers.

• @CharlotteBrowning
    @CharlotteBrowning ปีที่แล้ว

anyone have any idea what material the rivnuts are, I am looking to get a rivnut gun to install but looks like some only do Aluminium, don't want to spend too much but also don't want to waste money on the wrong tool!

• @chopperhehehe
    @chopperhehehe 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Can anyone tell me how hard it is to change barn rear door to tail gate ? 🤔
    Had my self built camper a while now time for larger bed and different storage want to keep tin top total change on rest

• @tonyleonards2433
    @tonyleonards2433 3 ปีที่แล้ว

very good video :-)

• @DaniTheMannie9
    @DaniTheMannie9 ปีที่แล้ว

Would you use the same measurements on a short wheel base?

• @danieljackson5468
      @danieljackson5468 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Did you ever find out as I wanna fit one to short wheel base is it still 2220mm?

• @DaniTheMannie9
      @DaniTheMannie9 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

@@danieljackson5468 negative

• @BobbyFennelly
    @BobbyFennelly 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Anyone know if adding this to a vw t6 will bring it above the 2 meter height. Its got the standard suspension etc.

• @Steve-jd1rr
    @Steve-jd1rr 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Is the T3 dash removal video only available to patreons???

• @johnhall7592
    @johnhall7592 3 ปีที่แล้ว

hi is it higher than the pop top when pop top down.thanks

• @CombeValleyCampers

In this case it was level. But it will depend on. Your roof height and brackets

• @johnhall7592

@@CombeValleyCampers thanks just had a hilo fited can i fit this on my van 2011 t5 thanks

• @reubenbakker-dyos8561
    @reubenbakker-dyos8561 4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Putting my pedants hat on for a second, Thule is pronounced "too-lee" not "thool".

• @tonyjones5443
    @tonyjones5443 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Thule is pronounced “Tooly”

• @johnhall7592

like being at dentest...