Best Entry-level APS-C Mirrorless Camera (Canon EOS M50, Sony a6100, Fujifilm X-T200)

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 5 ต.ค. 2024
  • We compare three entry-level APS-C mirrorless cameras: the Canon EOS M50, Sony a6100 and Fujifilm X-T200. Which mirrorless camera is right for you? See our full reviews on DPReview.com!
    Available for Purchase At:
    Sony a6100 - fave.co/3wcmFSZ
    Music provided by BeatSuite.com
    www.beatsuite.com
    Rentals provided by The Camera Store
    www.thecamerastore.com
    -----------------------
    DPReview.com is the world's largest digital camera review website. Welcome to our TH-cam channel! Subscribe for new feature videos, reviews, interviews and more.
    Discover the world's most in-depth digital camera reviews at www.dpreview.com

ความคิดเห็น • 670

• @Gattzor
    @Gattzor 4 ปีที่แล้ว +253

I rly love how you always tell what camera you filmed with. Loved if more channels did that too. #goodthinking #onestepahead

• @WildBikerBill
      @WildBikerBill 4 ปีที่แล้ว +6

It's nice to see what camera Jordan is currently enjoying the most. But it's more informative when he films with the camera(s) being reviewed.

• @Smaug1
      @Smaug1 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@WildBikerBill The film segments of certain reviews with the review camera. It's a great compromise, because we get the high quality from the high-end camera with all the proper video features, but we also get to see/hear what the review camera is like.

• @tolgcast
      @tolgcast 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I couldn't agree more!

• @bocaiden1580
      @bocaiden1580 3 ปีที่แล้ว

You all probably dont care but does anybody know a way to get back into an instagram account?
      I stupidly forgot the password. I would love any tips you can offer me!

• @moisesjesus4000
      @moisesjesus4000 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@Bo Caiden Instablaster =)

• @kuehesther
    @kuehesther 3 ปีที่แล้ว +91

1:08 Handling
    2:51 Display
    4:12 Image quality
    5:36 Autofocus
    7:20 Video
    8:40 Lenses
    10:31 Conclusion

• @ianrosie4431
    @ianrosie4431 4 ปีที่แล้ว +380

That Canon's impressive. Chris was using it with the lens cap on, and still found it "pleasant to use". Excellent.

• @MichaelRockfez
      @MichaelRockfez 4 ปีที่แล้ว +80

Ian Rosie You never get a bad image when you never really get an image 👍🏼.

• @Thirsty_Fox
      @Thirsty_Fox 4 ปีที่แล้ว +48

It's a 0% ND filter.

• @applejackmccrack5383
      @applejackmccrack5383 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

😭

• @antzpantz
    @antzpantz 4 ปีที่แล้ว +145

2:46 Chris looking through the M50 with the lens cap on. 😁

• @niccollsvideo
      @niccollsvideo 4 ปีที่แล้ว +10

That's was a prototype Canon branded IR filter. It just looks black and opaque to the un-initiated photog. Photos didn't come out though so I cant prove it. :)

• @Krizefugl
      @Krizefugl 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

evf isnt TTL, so you can still see stuff with the lens cap on.

• @VintageVines80s
      @VintageVines80s 4 ปีที่แล้ว

lol

• @divinebicera4745
      @divinebicera4745 3 ปีที่แล้ว

He has a biakugan🤣

• @paulasimson4939
    @paulasimson4939 4 ปีที่แล้ว +36

Came for the review, stayed for the entertainment! Loved how much fun you guys had with this one - more!

• @r3vo811
    @r3vo811 4 ปีที่แล้ว +51

Perfect timing Chris and Jordan! Just about to look for X-T200 comparisons and tadaaaa... there it is! Thanks a lot! 👍

• @tiliatae
      @tiliatae 3 ปีที่แล้ว

hey, which one did u end up buying?

• @r3vo811
      @r3vo811 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@tiliatae Bought the T200, but sold it soon afterwards for a T30. The X-Trans is way more suitable for my needs and I missed the flippy screen. Didn't use the tilty screen at all.

• @tiliatae
      @tiliatae 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@r3vo811 Yes, I don't think I'll use the tilty screen much either, but the T30 is way too expensive, I'll have to stick with the T200 I just bought 🙃 thanks for the reply!!

• @Azamkhan-np1in
      @Azamkhan-np1in 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@tiliatae How's the Bokeh in video with the kit lense?

• @tiliatae
      @tiliatae 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

@@Azamkhan-np1in I don't use the camera for videos, so i wouldn't know. I also haven't really tested the camera yet.

• @GabrielGGabGattringer
    @GabrielGGabGattringer 4 ปีที่แล้ว +14

I've been using Olympus (E-PL3) for 8 years until it broke. Loved it. Got the Sony A6300 in August 2019. Love this camera even more.

• @dragomirstijovic5569
      @dragomirstijovic5569 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Me too, EPL-3 is legend. I am considering EPL-9 no matter how old that sensor is

• @karlsma7245
      @karlsma7245 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I've been looking at XT200. I considered the 6300. The issues that get me are the rolling shutter, the soft 1080p, and the overheating.

• @bludsterbogdim7308
      @bludsterbogdim7308 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

What? A6400 is already exists. Why not to buy it instead of A6300?

• @vibeInsights
    @vibeInsights 4 ปีที่แล้ว +10

Thanks to all the comparisons you guys are putting a lot of hard work I decided to go with Fuji X-A7 as my first camera. As an enthusiast my primary need is landscapes. I am still a beginner so not much idea about lens systems yet but looks like Fuji got the widest variety to suit the need. Thanks again for great content.

• @jamesrodgers3664
    @jamesrodgers3664 3 ปีที่แล้ว +6

Just picked up the X-T200 for 650Cdn/w kit lens. So far pretty impressed with the dynamic range and general image quality. Now to save up for a good telezoom.

• @GaryJahman
    @GaryJahman 4 ปีที่แล้ว +25

It must be the good weather that these two were having a blast making this video!

• @carolteater9456
    @carolteater9456 4 ปีที่แล้ว +7

You guys are so much fun. You make the only videos worth watching on DPR.

• @Teen_DGreat
    @Teen_DGreat 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I've been looking for my first mirrorless camera to buy then I stumbled upon this vid 2months ago. I've been considering these three really. And now, I've came up to a conclussion to bought fijifilm x-t200. Thank you for the great review! I have so much more to learn in photography and I'm so so excited. I'll do my best. Thanks again!

• @tiliatae
      @tiliatae 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Hey!! Are you liking the camera??

• @dbrxsdgo
    @dbrxsdgo 4 ปีที่แล้ว +7

Thankful for firmware updates. The Fuji XT has had updates that fix the AF complaints. 😁

• @AlokRayadurga
    @AlokRayadurga 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

A week back, I was actually wondering if there would be entry level mirrorless shootout soon. Today, I just opened TH-cam and here it is. Great stuff, thanks. :)

• @ScottJWaldron
    @ScottJWaldron 4 ปีที่แล้ว +13

I haven't used the X-T200, but it makes sense to put it in the first spot. It's too bad the X-T200 has 15 (4k) 30 (1080p) minute recording limits. I've used a pair of M50 bodies as the backbone of my video work since around July 2018. They generally just work, thought there are drawbacks like the limited physical controls, limited customization (no custom modes), grain at high ISO (especially in video), 30 minute record limit, near useless 4k, EF-M/RF mount separation, and not showing audio levels on the live-view screen. in 2018 I saw the M50 as one of very few options in its price point, though now there are a lot more routes to go here. I'd actually put the A6100 above the M50 here for things like not having a video recording cut-off at 30 minutes and the build the camera just feels a bit nicer than the M50, though you guys do make a good point about the viewfinder resolution. Also, the wobbly 4k on the Sony is not great (M50 also has wobbly 4k but I rarely use it due to no DPAF and a heavy crop).

• @comradecat1859
      @comradecat1859 4 ปีที่แล้ว

I guess there's a trick to bypass the limit.

• @DrFRADZI
      @DrFRADZI 4 ปีที่แล้ว

May i know what is your opinion on m50 vs xt200? Im thinking of getting one for my mostly video recording. I dont do photography as much. I understand the xt200 will have overheat problem after 15 mins, do i take m50 then?
      Or xt200 have other features better for video than m50 (if i decide to be ok with 15mins recording)

• @ScottJWaldron
      @ScottJWaldron 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

​@@DrFRADZI I haven't used the X-T200 so I don't know anything about overheating on that camera. Did the DPReview guys mention it in their video? I can't recall. If it does.. I assume it's in 4k, which makes it a wash because the M50's 4k mode has a huge crop and strong rolling shutter (making it useful for only a few situations). I'd expect the Fujifilm to have better dynamic range and low light in photo/video. That said, Canon's autofocus in video in the M50 is good and I've seen people mention that Fujifilm still struggles a bit. I think you can get by just fine with either one. It's more a matter of learning your tools and making the most of their features/quirks.

• @DrFRADZI
      @DrFRADZI 4 ปีที่แล้ว

@@ScottJWaldron thankyou so much. Really appreciate your response. I guess i will go for xt200 and take less than 15mins video then. 😁😬

• @Vinterloft
      @Vinterloft 2 ปีที่แล้ว

"It's too bad the X-T200 has 15 (4k) 30 (1080p) minute recording limits" no it's great, it means they don't have an extra tax slapped on top of them in Europe which makes them hypercompetitive in Europe. That law is going away now though, and with it Fuji will also remove more recording limits.

• @DarrylUK
    @DarrylUK 4 ปีที่แล้ว +37

Quite interesting to see the M50 hold its own. I'd like to see what Canon do with a mark ii.

• @hyttennis
      @hyttennis 4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

I'm rather looking forward to the M5 mark ii, but it'll have to be early 2021!

• @isaacsanchez7317
      @isaacsanchez7317 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Well you have it now. Very dissapointing

• @DarrylUK
      @DarrylUK 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

@@isaacsanchez7317 yeah, that didn’t age well. Don’t know what they’re playing at.

• @isaacsanchez7317
      @isaacsanchez7317 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@DarrylUK idk i just hope i can get my m50mk1 for 400 right now😂😂😂

• @erichwiehahn3402
      @erichwiehahn3402 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

@@isaacsanchez7317 I disagree. I think the mark ii is a worthwhile upgrade unless you want to use 4k video.
      It has 30% better battery life, better autofocus and a clean hdmi out.

• @Idealosophy
    @Idealosophy 4 ปีที่แล้ว +7

I love all of your reviews, but this one is spot on, you made me convinced to get the Fujifilm X-T200, I bought it last week! thanks, Chris & Jordan

• @alexleemd
      @alexleemd 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Hi, how are you finding the fuji? Im about to buy the xt200 based on this review as well

• @tiliatae
      @tiliatae 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Hey, are you liking the camera? I'm about to buy it

• @tiliatae
      @tiliatae 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@alexleemd did you?? are you liking it?

• @Idealosophy
      @Idealosophy 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@tiliatae still liking it so far.. it is a very convenient and packed camera, specially useful for online event/meeting

• @alexleemd
      @alexleemd 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@tiliatae I ended up going with a Sony A6400 because Sony has a larger lens ecosystem.

• @barrydawson2838
    @barrydawson2838 4 ปีที่แล้ว +10

Great review. I’m very happy with your conclusions because I’ve just ordered myself the X-T200 having spent much deliberation on the 3 you’ve featured here. I’ve been a fan of Canon EOS for many years and decided now it’s time for a change. Many thanks for the review...excellent work.

• @tiliatae
      @tiliatae 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

How are you liking the XT200 so far??

• @brobinson767
    @brobinson767 3 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Thank you for the review. I have been watching a number of different videos as I am trading in my equipment and going mirrorless. Just trying to get the bang for the budget. Without videos like yours, not sure if I would have paid much attention to Fuji.

• @TechInspected
    @TechInspected 4 ปีที่แล้ว +50

I can definitely say X-T200 wins this one and its a huge improvement over the X-T100. Solid choice.

• @snowwalker9999
      @snowwalker9999 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Tech Inspected X-T30 based on its specs would win over all of these cameras. It’s a second tier pro camera but it could pass the entry-intermediate category. It just doesn’t have an audio output.

• @TechInspected
      @TechInspected 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@snowwalker9999 as a solo content creator the flip screen is hugely important for me. And yes I have an X-T30. External monitors are a pain in the butt! 😅

• @problemat1que
      @problemat1que 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

@@snowwalker9999 X-T30 has the same audio output as the X-T200, via the USB plug.

• @snowwalker9999
      @snowwalker9999 4 ปีที่แล้ว

problemat1que it’s good too know cause i really liked that camera

• @karlsma7245
      @karlsma7245 4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

@@snowwalker9999I've been looking at both cameras. The problem with the Xt30 is the 2.5mm input and the 1080 recording limit of 15 minutes.
      The issue with the Xt200 is no Eterna and no Acros.

• @GildedEntries
    @GildedEntries 4 ปีที่แล้ว +52

So am I the only old guy along with our hosts that laughed at the Chumbawamba reference?

• @Rockstar1782
      @Rockstar1782 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Nope, i thought it was funny too. :)

• @danieldougan269
      @danieldougan269 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Pretty funny stuff.

• @hankroest6836
      @hankroest6836 4 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Am I the only guy here so old he just looked up who Chumbawamba was?

• @darksiderahb
      @darksiderahb 4 ปีที่แล้ว

*raises hand* right there with you, boss.

• @3runjosh
      @3runjosh 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I was just listening to this song yesterday after almost 2 decades of not hearing it and now the reference comes up. I was laughing with them lol

• @chippy511
    @chippy511 4 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Excellent review based on your comments I bought the xt200 very delighted with it 😉👍 in my book it’s a winner for the money. Keep up the great vids you two are great but nuts at times very enjoyable!!

• @Everywhere2
    @Everywhere2 4 ปีที่แล้ว +20

Amazing how many words Chris can pull out of his head.

• @Ralph7D
    @Ralph7D 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I'm not in the market for a entry level aps-c camera but I I still enjoy watching this. If you two made reviews of fertilisers, I would watch it. You are the best!!!

• @markriley7472
    @markriley7472 3 ปีที่แล้ว +7

The Fuji X-T200 is without a doubt a very good camera, but the overall cost of lenses for the Fuji system could rule it out unless you have very deep pockets!! The Canon may not have many specific EM mount lenses, BUT, with a good basic kit lens (with OIS) and a 22mm F2 prime it could cover most needs for most people! And the high ISO quality isn't far off the Fuji. Sure, Fuji lenses are worth it IF you can afford them. The Sony does not offer that much for the money, and also compared to the M50, its menus are a bit chaotic. It all depends on the importance you place on 4K. For me the cropping on the Canon is acceptable and doesn't matter as I am not a Video expert anyway and happy with HD (Happy Days!).

• @jgvbadv
    @jgvbadv 4 ปีที่แล้ว +16

After selling my XT3 i bought canon SL3/250D just to have something while i wait for the R5 and i got it used with 2 lenses and a bag with 1500 on shutter count for 350$ so i think i made a good buy. The thing with entry level cameras is that you can buy them used with very "low mileage" for bargain. Moral of my post is-buy used ;)

• @jgvbadv
      @jgvbadv 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@Coo Koo Fuji is great but the glass is almost on full frame price level.. i bought gimbal and a drone for extra money :)

• @jgvbadv
      @jgvbadv 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@Coo Koo Sony A6400 in this case

• @WilliamWallaceRoss
    @WilliamWallaceRoss 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I have to agree with your assessment. Currently, I am using the Sony a6400, with the a6100 as a backup, however, I have used the Fujifilm X-T3, which was a great camera. I'll be sure to share this video with friends who are wanting to begin shooting pictures, but, don't have a lot of cash to spend. One thing I truly hate about the Sony a6100 is the fact they didn't think having a level was important for entry-level photography. So, because of that I will not be recommending Sony, unless they give us a firmware update to take care of that. Thanks.

• @ward5966
    @ward5966 4 ปีที่แล้ว +128

I already knew that Fuji would win this...

• @1voice1talk8
      @1voice1talk8 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Does the xt200 over heat recording video in 1080p?

• @DrFRADZI
      @DrFRADZI 4 ปีที่แล้ว

@@1voice1talk8 heard bout this too....does canon m50 have this overheat problem?

• @soorajsnair1224
      @soorajsnair1224 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@1voice1talk8 don't own one yet but it has a very short cap of 15mins on 4k recording... from my research that could possibly be due to overheating but as far as 1080p goes... I never really stumbled upon such a thing

• @fingerhorn4
    @fingerhorn4 4 ปีที่แล้ว +13

Love the script and especially the comments about your location's wonderful visual aesthetic! But wait, the Fuji is WAY more expensive than the Canon at current prices and it doesn't even have any image stabilisation. I hate the term "entry-level" as any talented photographer could take stunning pictures with all three of these, but surely IBIS is a major requirement of many people whatever their level of skill. The a6100 is also much more expensive than the Canon. It is a good camera but it is resting its laurels almost entirely on the focusing, and it is also very expensive. I can think of about 20 "entry level" cameras at nearly half the price, including lenses, which will take just as good quality photos. Even the humble Canon M100 is capable of very high quality pictures because ALL of them have a decent APS-C sensor and most have reasonably sharp kit lenses. So you need to define what "entry-level" actually is.

• @morpheusjp
    @morpheusjp 4 ปีที่แล้ว +7

Love Fuji, just wait until Black Friday to get the XT200

• @JoyDawnHackett
    @JoyDawnHackett 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Thank you for a super comprehensive video! I'm a musician looking for a camera for more as a supplement, and while some terms flew way over my head, you had really clear explanations and made it super easy for me to decide what to go with! Thank you!

• @Xeallous
    @Xeallous 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Know not much bout cameras; was decided to buy the M50, and you came and made me doubt if I needed the X-T200 better. LOL. I will make more research. I just want to do toy photography, but who knows what I'll try to do next. Thank you a lot for having taken your time to help us people who don't know much bout cameras. A great video.

• @cameronlesley2428
    @cameronlesley2428 4 ปีที่แล้ว +8

I keep waiting for dancing queen by abba to start playing when I here the piano roll. Thanks for the video very informative
    Unbiased

• @MrsCap2
    @MrsCap2 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Putting the Sony under the Canon m50, I cannot believe it.
    Most important for me is : Picture Quality : Sony 1 vs Canon 0, Auto Focus: Sony 1 vs Canon 0, Video Quality: Sony 1 vs Canon 0.
    I am here to use the camera but not to look at it and beginner photographer should learn it otherwise this is just a consumer that brand are targeting.
    Overall great review...

• @VaibhavGandhi
    @VaibhavGandhi 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Just placed my order today for X-T200 and this makes me happy, I made the right decision coming from 13 years of Canon! :)

• @stevensager2854
    @stevensager2854 4 ปีที่แล้ว +6

I'm a canon lover and I've had the m50 and the a6000. I much prefer the controls and responsiveness of the sony

• @wparo
    @wparo 4 ปีที่แล้ว +56

8:43 haven't laughed like this in a while. You two are a nice combo. Funny guys but knowledgeable.

• @endah08
    @endah08 3 ปีที่แล้ว +4

This is a great comparison but it's worth noting that, at least here in Ireland, the Sony and Fuji are about €200-400 more than the Canon m50. So while these are entry-level cameras they're really in completely different price categories, that's why I went for the Canon.

• @someguy6345
      @someguy6345 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

should i buy canon in 2022?

• @kayla9574
      @kayla9574 11 หลายเดือนก่อน

@@someguy6345i buy in 2023

• @VA-jf5pb
    @VA-jf5pb 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Loooove your review. Not only I learnt what I came here to learn but I also had fun. Instant fan! 🥳

• @matthijsdedeugd
    @matthijsdedeugd 4 ปีที่แล้ว +26

This truly is my favorite comedy channel, the intros crack me up every time 😂 the photo/film content is good too!

• @maheshg212
    @maheshg212 4 ปีที่แล้ว +22

Love how you introduced all categories. My favourite were letters popping out of Chris's bum and then lens category.

• @rafai1281
    @rafai1281 4 ปีที่แล้ว +5

I know that this review is subjective, but you should take into account that some people like how Sony looks, not everybody is about nostalgic designs (I don't want to attack Fuji- just there are different tastes).

• @rickyaziz6787
    @rickyaziz6787 3 ปีที่แล้ว

this is what i want in 2021, comparison between a6100, m50 and xt200. love this video, thankyou

• @ShahrizanRajak
    @ShahrizanRajak 3 ปีที่แล้ว

that concludes my survey and research to buy my 1st camera thanks guys..im a huge fan of your reviews

• @thecircletv4271
    @thecircletv4271 4 ปีที่แล้ว +8

Hey I love your work guys. Can you all do a video on astro-photography?

• @alifadinata7457
    @alifadinata7457 4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

thanks guys, i literally looking some comparison between of them

• @primal_aperture_photo
    @primal_aperture_photo 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Hi to a fellow Albertan. Good review, you gave me something to think about as I was about to buy the A6100 but now I'm not so sure anymore! The Fuji sounds like a better bet for my wildlife photography with the lens availablility. Thanks for helping us newbies! :)

• @neerajparmar6160
    @neerajparmar6160 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Man , I just ordered an fuji xt200 after watching your video . this video helped me a lot , thanks man

• @stephenscharf6293
    @stephenscharf6293 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Why does everything have to be a competition and a "shoot-out"? How about presenting different cameras in the context of various custome use-cases and what would be best to meet specific _customer needs?_

• @shraynarang1270
    @shraynarang1270 4 ปีที่แล้ว +9

ngl placing the cameras on a slope tensed me a little.

• @demetriusmichael
    @demetriusmichael 4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Please start adding developer support as part of your reviews. I bought the Sony system without realizing that their API is fairly unloved. Doing things like focus staking or Astro is far more challenging on this system than any other. If cameras were more open, it’ll allow people to make apps to add software to the hardware which is so important today.

• @problemat1que
      @problemat1que 4 ปีที่แล้ว

I agree, we need more open cameras with scripting APIs that permit customizations like the hacked MagicLantern but safely and with manufacturer support.

• @WiFish
      @WiFish 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Between those three, what do you think the most dev friendly?

• @marvelfoxmorty5057
    @marvelfoxmorty5057 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Now I've already got my Fuji Xt200 in my hands & thanks to this video

• @amolgite725
    @amolgite725 3 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Love from India Great Review

• @musicdefinesgravity
    @musicdefinesgravity 4 ปีที่แล้ว +5

That Lenses. title was epic

• @zipp4everyone263
    @zipp4everyone263 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

About the lenses: Fuji even has dedicated Cinema lenses and incredibly capable broadcasting lenses (WAY out of a mortals price range but they do still exist).

• @saltisgood7961
    @saltisgood7961 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Canon m50 is awesome! Was debating between this or the a6600 but the price on the a6600 is too much. Going to wait till it goes on sale.

• @lorenschwiderski
      @lorenschwiderski 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

$499 Canon M50 kit at Costco -- Adorama and B&H have kits too, now on sale!

• @sergio-phmv
    @sergio-phmv 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Yes! Fujifilm X-T200 #1 !!!

• @suyashkumar6502
    @suyashkumar6502 4 ปีที่แล้ว

This is what I was waiting for ... Thanks for making this video ... Appreciate your work.

• @rohaanmanzoor3268
    @rohaanmanzoor3268 4 ปีที่แล้ว +11

@DPReview I'm confused by this comparison. In the a6400 vs Xt30 video (which is better than xt200) you said that a6400 had a better sensor. Here you're saying that the Xt200's sensor is better than a6100(which uses the exact same sensor as the a6400)????

• @niccollsvideo
      @niccollsvideo 4 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Sure from a technical standpoint however the differences are minor and entry level photographers that these cameras are made for won't really notice or appreciate those nuances. What they will appreciate is more vivid colours, and fun colour modes.

• @problemat1que
      @problemat1que 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

X-T200 has faster readout speed for video and autofocus, more recent generation sensor apparently.

• @BlueBomberTurbo
      @BlueBomberTurbo 4 ปีที่แล้ว

@@niccollsvideo And the extra noise is a feature on Fujis. ;)

• @riinam5943
    @riinam5943 3 ปีที่แล้ว

This is such a helpful comparison. Thank you very much for the video. Love from Malaysia 😊

• @andreasniggemann
    @andreasniggemann 4 ปีที่แล้ว +4

One big caveat regarding the Canon M50: It has only one control dial (around the shutter-release button). In mode M you had to press a button to switch between shutter speed and aperture adjust. There is no control dial on the back of the M50.

• @seantomlinson3320
      @seantomlinson3320 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Andreas Niggemann yes a big difference. That's why I went with the M5. Need that second dial!

• @andreasniggemann
      @andreasniggemann 4 ปีที่แล้ว

@@seantomlinson3320 I like my M50. Its my "Guerrilla Shooting" camera for over a year now. Since I usually shoot wide open, the single control dial is not a dealbreaker for me.

• @seantomlinson3320
      @seantomlinson3320 4 ปีที่แล้ว

I can see that. Same justification as with the entry level dslrs that only have one dial too. What lenses do you have? My M5 is my tertiary camera so I only have the 15-45 and the wonderful tiny 22.

• @andreasniggemann
      @andreasniggemann 4 ปีที่แล้ว

@@seantomlinson3320 22mm/2.0 and EF-40mm/2.8 via EF-EFM-adapter

• @timma92
    @timma92 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Interesting, I found out about the Xt200 being better on Reddit... maybe the A6400 is a better buy? But I heard Sony ecosystem is expensive. So I guess it's between the M50 and the Fujifilm.

• @dudefy33
    @dudefy33 2 ปีที่แล้ว

I thoroughly enjoyed the humor in this video

• @taurus3973
    @taurus3973 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I’m quite surprised that you said nothing in this review about the noisy, subpar preamp in the Fuji XT200. I returned the camera after one day, because when using an external mic (Rode Video Micro), the noise floor was so high that the sound was unusable. It wrecked the video. That’s a dealbreaker.

• @spritual_enlightenment
      @spritual_enlightenment 4 ปีที่แล้ว

It seems it's noisier than X-T3 or T4. Especially, when Jordan mentions audio quality.

• @antonioalvarado1541
    @antonioalvarado1541 6 หลายเดือนก่อน

I wish you guys would mention in your reviews how many fps these cameras can shoot in SLOW-MO (60, 120, 240) and in which of those the camera actually records it w/audio!

• @alphaandomega2709
    @alphaandomega2709 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

The camera used to film this video is so crisp!

• @supernova1976
    @supernova1976 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Great job guys, this was fun and informative .

• @snowwalker9999
    @snowwalker9999 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Great video but I was just curious why Nikon Z-50, Olympus em-10/Em-5 mk iii and Panasonic G95 were not included in this comparison.

• @Lurreable
    @Lurreable 4 ปีที่แล้ว +10

The M50 with kit-lens is $560 whereas the other two are $900.

• @TechnoTweet
      @TechnoTweet 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

here m50 with kit and xt200 with kit are equal priced.

• @manojkumardas8061
    @manojkumardas8061 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Just bought X-T 200! Thank you!

• @parazaurolofek
    @parazaurolofek ปีที่แล้ว

I have a6100 and I don't do anything with it. In my experience, the parameters and features of a camera are important and it is worth watching reviews and equipment tests, but the most important thing is how easy the camera will be to use. If you are not an experienced photographer and if you do not have much enthusiasm to learn how to use it (the Sony a6100 manual has 594 pages and that's not the only problem), then buy a Pentax camera (some), Canon or Panasonic - the best menu. Secondly, it's better to buy a used camera with gaskets than a new one without them - the coolest things to photograph are outdoors.

• @איתמר-י4ג
    @איתמר-י4ג 4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Do you recommend the CANON EOS M50 kit lens?
    Or on another lens?

• @Michael-sw9zh
    @Michael-sw9zh 3 ปีที่แล้ว +3

This was a really useful review of the entry level cameras. Thanks so much guys because for a beginner like myself, it just broke it down into key criteria that are relevant to me. Just one question, what is the Fujifilm like to hold compared to the Sony? The Sony always seems to look like the most compact model. Thanks again Guys.

• @samuelchan699
      @samuelchan699 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Late to the game... Sony is slightly more compact, but as they reviewed, the menu system is confusing! This reviews is pretty much dead on to what my experience is with the two systems. I switched from Sony to Fuji

• @loveydarl
    @loveydarl 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Wondering about the audio equipment used in this video. The audio is crisp even in the shot next to the water. Wow!

• @Wabajak13
    @Wabajak13 4 ปีที่แล้ว

I'm amazed when people complain about the handling or ergonomics of Sony cameras. I have loved them for years, my hands just seem to fly over the controls and everything is where I need it to be.

• @JonInLondon
      @JonInLondon 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Hand it to someone and ask them to set it up to shoot video in SLog... don't let them Google it...
      Also AF entries that don't do anything due to something set in another, distant, menu, but give you no idea...

• @Wabajak13
      @Wabajak13 4 ปีที่แล้ว

@@JonInLondon haha well, if you hand a random person a camera and say that, they'll be like "what the hell is SLog?"

• @JonInLondon
      @JonInLondon 4 ปีที่แล้ว

@@Wabajak13 It's quite okay to choose someone who understands video, just not the Sony menus... :-)

• @nikyfernawan
    @nikyfernawan 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Very very nice reviews guys. Something that I'm waiting for.

• @eXaviar
    @eXaviar 4 ปีที่แล้ว +11

As a former M43 user: Y are there no M43 cameras? They are great for beginners to pros

• @danieldougan269
      @danieldougan269 4 ปีที่แล้ว +7

Because this was an APS-C shootout.
      But, yes, I would love to see GX10 vs OM-D E-M10 Mark III or something like that. Maybe OM-D E-M1 Mark III vs. GH6 whenever that comes out.

• @eXaviar
      @eXaviar 4 ปีที่แล้ว

@@danieldougan269 oh. I overred that fact.

• @AloofObserver
      @AloofObserver 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Would definitely have been interesting to see the EM-10 Mk III and G85 included in this mix. Even though they're not APS-C would definitely be cameras that beginners are looking at too.

• @vxyz5219
    @vxyz5219 ปีที่แล้ว

Such an excellent, top tier comparison review.

• @PapaRider
    @PapaRider 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Just bought xt200 today in India because of your review thanks keep reviewing ✌️

• @shallynt.cherian839
      @shallynt.cherian839 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Hey! I am planning on buying one. How is the camera working so far?

• @PapaRider
      @PapaRider 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@shallynt.cherian839 very good and remember it looks entery level but works better then many and if u change kit lens then outcome is superb

• @benn125m
    @benn125m 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for the video. I am using a canon 2000d ,i got that for christmas,but i am looking for an upgrade,i was thinking m50 for a while ..but i was open for more options, i really like the fujis look..thanks for the informations, fun and usefully video .

• @GeneWaddle
    @GeneWaddle 4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

I'll be getting an a6100 as soon as I can, for video. For me it's perfect. I have had a camera where the screen flips to the side and didn't like it and the flip up screen is what I always wished my a6000 had. I've never understood why so many people wet their pants over the Sony menus. I don't care for the Sony 6000 series for a carry around stills camera, but or putting it on a tripod and shooting video, it's perfect for me.

• @evilknight3
    @evilknight3 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Really like the video! Was wondering if the higher end cameras in each system could be briefly touched on for viewers intending to upgrade in the future?

• @siddharghyamukherjee987
    @siddharghyamukherjee987 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Enjoyed the video. Please do more such videos comparing more categories of camera.

• @BAdventures
    @BAdventures 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Hopefully we can see each one improve with feedback like this. Good comparison review 👍

• @Astrolavista
    @Astrolavista 4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Hi, can someone please tell if the XT200 pre amps have improved since the XT100? I bought the XT100 six months ago and can't use it for video at all because the pre amp hiss is totally unusable. Here I am trying to find a replacement already. The XT200 won for video but I'm really worried about spending 750 on a camera which could have the same problem. Maybe Sony will be safer with the AF and silent pre amps?

• @fnflipskater
    @fnflipskater 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Can we get an updated version of this video for 2021? I'm looking for a beginner camera and found these videos incredibly useful. I tried to get the Fujifilm X-T200 but ultimately had my order cancelled since none was in stock.

• @BrianTheCameraGuy
    @BrianTheCameraGuy 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thanks guy for the shoot out. I really like the comedy with the titles. I like that you are infusing your personalities into your videos.

• @hakan7346
    @hakan7346 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Can't decide which system to buy into.

• @kaitjensen1618
    @kaitjensen1618 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I live in Calgary, so seeing your filming location made me freak out for a sec lol. And this is the first video I watched of you, think you guys are very funny! Made the video very entertaining and educational at the same time!

• @AniketSen-dn5ij
    @AniketSen-dn5ij 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks fellas! I am buying the Fuji tomorrow!

• @Penguins247
    @Penguins247 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Nice Chumbawumba reference guys :) Disagree about the lenses though; I'd say the Canon should be in resounding last place on that one. Notwithstanding the elephant in the room (where's the EF-M > RF upgrade path?), Sony actually make more APS-C lenses than Canon does, and in addition you can use all the full frame FE ones without an adapter and make full use of them. When you add the third party lenses the choice is even more stark. If you want to put decent glass on the Canon, what are your native options? You don't really have any with EF-M. With Sony E you have the excellent Zeiss Touit series, plus any full frame lenses, all without using any adapters.

• @LootKiwi
    @LootKiwi 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

It's fun to hear you say that Fuji lenses are cheap but in my country they are brutally expensive : (

• @lorenschwiderski
      @lorenschwiderski 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Check the prices at Adorama, and B&H in the USA. Places like Australia seem to have to pay more for everything. :(

• @prince21official88
    @prince21official88 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for this great video. It help me a lot🙏😎 Cause been focusing a lot on canon m50, 200d adn A6100. But never thought about Fuji film x-t200..

• @jerryfortenberry1956
    @jerryfortenberry1956 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I was almost decided on the Canon M50. I joined Facebook groups dedicated to the M50, Fujifilm X , and Sony 6000 series. Many of the users share photos constantly. I almost immediately started noticing the Fiji and Sony photos seem much sharper than the M50. Is there really that much difference in the image quality of these three?? Or is there a chance the M50 attracts a more novice group ??? In all the TH-cam videos I have watched the image quality of the M50 seems highly rated.

• @AboveInShadow
      @AboveInShadow 2 ปีที่แล้ว

If you edit raw files the a6100 is the way to go.

• @balthazarmayrena600
    @balthazarmayrena600 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Watched for the review, liked for the antics.

• @scott2100
    @scott2100 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I am still disappointed that the X-T200 lacks the tilting/flip out screen the X-T100 has, but it is still a solid step up from its predecessor

• @elyasalsaygh
      @elyasalsaygh 4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

what?!!!!!!! it has tilting screen

• @scott2100
      @scott2100 4 ปีที่แล้ว

@@elyasalsaygh a tilting screen that you can take a selfie with that isnt how Sony is doing it

• @BlueBomberTurbo
      @BlueBomberTurbo 4 ปีที่แล้ว

@@scott2100 Thank god. Those side flip out screens get in the way, are fussy to use, and are easy to break. Tilt screens... tilt. That's it. One motion and you're ready to shoot.

• @artmaltman
    @artmaltman 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Excellent comparison, you guys are doing great work these days. Did you consider adding the Nikon z50 to the mix?

• @gstpierre69
      @gstpierre69 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Art Altman Too expensive. It’s in the previous comparison that is a step up.

• @khmerbraveheart
    @khmerbraveheart 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Was at BestBuy and played with all of them. Chose Fujifilm X-T200.

• @fauxaccount6233
    @fauxaccount6233 3 ปีที่แล้ว

It doesn't matter how good the handling is nor the colors (when you're shooting in raw anyway) and the evf if the photos are out of focus so I think there's a clear winner here.

• @frankwu1713
    @frankwu1713 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Will you guys also do a best high-end ASP-C mirrorless cameras? That will be great!