New Tracks and Preventative Maintenance~Bobcat T190

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 20 ก.พ. 2020
  • I started making this video last spring and never had a chance to finish it until now. Here I will show you the maintenance I do whenever I remove the tracks on my T190. A little prevention can save you a lot of money and is a good thing to do whenever you have your tracks off the machine. Removing the tracks was easy, but putting the new ones on by myself was a bit of a challenge. The new tracks are pretty stiff and bent all out of shape from being rolled up on a pallet for shipping. In the end I hooked up the winch on my side by side and pulled the front of the track on the last few inches. The tracks are now almost a year old and doing fine. For more info on where to buy these tracks in Canada, please click on the link below.
    www.rubbertrackcanada.ca/
    I hope this video may help some of you in the future and I appreciate you watching!
    Please like and subscribe if you'd like to see more great videos!
    Thanks for watching!
    Banjo Hop by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license. creativecommons.org/licenses/...
    Artist: audionautix.com/
  • ยานยนต์และพาหนะ

ความคิดเห็น • 56

• @davesilvia9711
    @davesilvia9711 4 ปีที่แล้ว

nice machine, i have a 2011 t190 and have done what you did in the vid, im still on the original tracks with 1153 hrs. thanks for the video!

• @jakew7674
    @jakew7674 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Clean Machine well taken care of👍

• @JimHowDigsDirt
      @JimHowDigsDirt  4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

It pays to take good care of your equipment. Not too bad for an 2008?

• @1976benita
    @1976benita 4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Looks like that bobcat is in good hands!

• @JimHowDigsDirt
      @JimHowDigsDirt  4 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks! I try my best to look after my gear.

• @PlayscBricks
    @PlayscBricks 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

WOW, thanks for the video. Didn't even know there was fluid in those. I'll change mine this summer. Also forgot to say thanks for the track removal tip. This is the easiest I've seen anyone remove them by themselves.

• @JimHowDigsDirt
      @JimHowDigsDirt  2 ปีที่แล้ว

Yeah, I never knew about that either until the bearing failed. Glad you found this helpful and thanks for watching!

• @rustyshackleford48
    @rustyshackleford48 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Just spent a couple hours fighting to get the track off a 190. Seeing your method of using pipes to compress the tensioner will definitely save me some time on the other side. Thanks!

• @JimHowDigsDirt

Glad it helped! I know it made my life easier.

• @theodorebarrettsr.705
    @theodorebarrettsr.705 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

GREAT VIDEO JIM

• @johnpappas2060
    @johnpappas2060 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Bless I’ve got to do the same job on our T190. Therefore, your video was GREAT 😊. Thanks 🙏
    Fr. John

• @JimHowDigsDirt
      @JimHowDigsDirt  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Glad it helped! Thanks for the nice comment.

• @Pawinterservices
    @Pawinterservices 4 ปีที่แล้ว +4

I remember watching your video from a few years ago when you changed the tracks before, man I’m getting old

• @dhamma58
      @dhamma58 4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

ditto for my memory....but I'm not getting old, already got there!

• @JimHowDigsDirt
      @JimHowDigsDirt  4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Time fly faster every year!

• @JimHowDigsDirt
      @JimHowDigsDirt  4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

You are only as old as you feel! And that can be real old some mornings, lol.

• @russellmcknight7226
    @russellmcknight7226 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I love watching your videos,,, not to many from Eastern Canada

• @dgb5820
    @dgb5820 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Excellent video quality you did everything 100% correct in my book, I found this video a good reference

• @JimHowDigsDirt

Thank you DGB! I'm glad you found it helpful!

• @joeelliott5215
    @joeelliott5215 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Super helpful!

• @trenton910
    @trenton910 ปีที่แล้ว

um....subscribed!..you are sharp...lots of things there I wouldn't have thought of...track removal and flipping the sprockets for even wear...👍
    thank you.

• @shortribslongbow5312
    @shortribslongbow5312 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Very nice video shows how to work smart not hard good job!

• @thistledownfarm3317
    @thistledownfarm3317 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Hearing that worn track pop at 1:05 of this vid helped me a lot. I have a T180 with worn tracks, same sound. I was concerned it was something more nefarious with the drive motor... I've replaced a few tracks over the years, relatively simple fix, but a pain in the ass. Thanks for your vids, I'm subscribed. Cheers Jim!

• @JimHowDigsDirt

Glad this helped you and thanks for your support!

• @brycevincenzo3961
      @brycevincenzo3961 2 ปีที่แล้ว

i know Im asking randomly but does someone know of a method to get back into an instagram account?
      I was stupid lost my account password. I would love any tricks you can give me.

• @markescartin6613
    @markescartin6613 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

boy this must be an old-skool kinda guy. Not only does he listen to Bad Co. he actually cares enough to service his rig! You other guys just run your stuff into the ground.

• @ostacruiser
    @ostacruiser 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Looks great! Tough work for sure

• @TheSagerider
    @TheSagerider 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I like the way you think. :)

• @JimHowDigsDirt

Thank you!

• @TheSagerider
      @TheSagerider 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@JimHowDigsDirt
      Your welcome. I have a 2010 John Deere 318D skid steer, wheels, but really enjoy and learn from others even if they are working on something different. I too have to do things on my own which I prefer anyway. The only time, which is rare, I will get someone to give me a hand is for safety reasons or I just can’t do it by myself. You really made the track removal look easy with the pipe trick, I will keep that one on file for reference use. Thinking my way through problems and getting the job done correctly is it’s own reward. Flipping those hubs was an excellent idea by the way. Be safe in all you do my friend. :)

• @JDoktor18
    @JDoktor18 4 ปีที่แล้ว

By chance what is the socket size needed for the drive sprocket bolts? I can't seem to find the size anywhere I thought I had the correct socket but I don't. Even my service manual doesn't say/list the size. Thank you!

• @coryjuber4903
    @coryjuber4903 2 ปีที่แล้ว

I'm curious about your snow bucket attachment. I've scoured your videos and can't exactly see how you have it attached. Looking to have one fabricated for my new skid steer

• @JimHowDigsDirt

I just welded some square tubing to the back of my bucket and built a frame with square tubing and expanded metal that slides into the square tubing in bucket. You can see it in this video th-cam.com/video/uWU799BSzBs/w-d-xo.html

• @dallasbaiton3234
    @dallasbaiton3234 4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

How many hours on the tracks you took off and do you think that tread pattern is one of the better ones for the snow , I watch as much of your videos as I can and enjoy seeing how you work (I’m The same vintage as you I think ) so I do know how much working alone takes time . It seems that thing go three times faster with some help 😂😂😂😎. I’ll bet that new plow is a joy to drive 👍 as well

• @JimHowDigsDirt
      @JimHowDigsDirt  4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I think that set had only about 900 hours on them. They still had lots of wear if that belt hadn't of broke. I had 1900 hours on the original tracks before I changed them. I find this pattern has a pretty good bite in the snow. You are right...that new truck is a joy to drive! Thanks for the comment Dallas!

• @noedesbarbosa1353
    @noedesbarbosa1353 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Se puder me ajudar com a medida das esteiras te agradeço....aqui no Brasil.... é problemático a reposição das esteiras

• @jandblawncare8570
    @jandblawncare8570 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Not looking forward to doing my first 500 hour service and tracks. What paint did you use to repaint the sprockets etc. I see Bobcat makes quarts in charcoal color but no spray can.

• @JimHowDigsDirt
      @JimHowDigsDirt  ปีที่แล้ว

You can buy Bobcat paint in quarts or spray cans. I usually keep a few spray cans around for touch up in times like this. I find it keeps them looking good if you touch up the paint every once in a while. This machine I bought new in 2008.

• @gregmattes8053
    @gregmattes8053 4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Jim, how much does a track weigh? Obviously quite a bit.

• @JimHowDigsDirt
      @JimHowDigsDirt  4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

The tracks weigh about 350 lbs each.

• @noedesbarbosa1353
    @noedesbarbosa1353 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Boa noite...me esclarece uma dúvida,por favor ..
    A medida 320x86x50 ..cabe na T190?

• @JimHowDigsDirt

www.lecinfo.com/products/camso-sd-series-rubber-track-bobcat-t180

• @USMC..Minuteman
    @USMC..Minuteman 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

holy shit just bought same tracks for 1400 set brand new

• @JimHowDigsDirt

You must be the USA. Everything is cheaper south of the border!

• @joeelliott5215
    @joeelliott5215 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

How many hours on that machine?

• @JimHowDigsDirt

I have about 3000 on it now. Maybe 2500 on it in this video

• @SeaDooEric
    @SeaDooEric 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Your tracks cost more than my 1997 Mustang 2050 skid steer

• @JT-qf4it
    @JT-qf4it 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Jim, that Bobcat gear lube is a ripoff. Just buy a good synthetic gear lube for those drives.

• @JimHowDigsDirt

Thanks for the advise! I will look into that.

• @adriandanielbasiewicz6280
    @adriandanielbasiewicz6280 ปีที่แล้ว

Ra9 tggggtl to zrzutu. Cześć zzz za bo
    Ćmnllydl tjnx już na