Track Removal on a Bobcat T190

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 30 เม.ย. 2015
  • In this video I will show you how I removed the tracks on my Bobcat T190. The first few times I took the tracks off the machine it was quite a struggle so I searched TH-cam and found some videos showing an easier way of doing it. After I took the first track off, it was so easy that I thought I would make a video showing how I done it. I hope this video will help others as this used to be a miserable job before I knew what I was doing. The reason I took the tracks off were to repair a damaged drive motor on one side and to change the oil in the other motor. I hope to make more how to videos in the future as I do some maintenance and repair work on my Bobcat equipment. I hope this video will help other. Thanks for watching.
    P.S. I now use three pieces of pipe instead of wood when I take my tracks off. The teeth on the tracks slide much easier on steel than on wood. They both do the job but I will be using the pipe method from now on.
    Check out this video to see how I now do it! • Bobcat T190 Drive Moto...
  • ยานยนต์และพาหนะ

ความคิดเห็น • 74

• @AB-oj7ok
    @AB-oj7ok 7 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Just a quick note to say thanks for producing this video- it helped me immensely on a T590.

• @JimHowDigsDirt
      @JimHowDigsDirt  7 ปีที่แล้ว

Glad it helped you Adam! You can learn a lot of neat trick searching YT. I know I do.

• @PlayscBricks
    @PlayscBricks 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Great idea with the "sticks" to compress the front idler and make the track slide right over. I'm going to try that one this week on my T300. Thanks for the video.

• @jerrysmith9780
    @jerrysmith9780 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I'm changing my tracks tomorrow and this video helped me big time. Thanks Jim.

• @JimHowDigsDirt
      @JimHowDigsDirt  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Great to hear! I discovered that some pieces of pipe work much better than the wood as they slide a lot easier when removing the tracks.

• @Quadboueux
    @Quadboueux 9 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Interesting How To ! Thanks for sharing Jim !

• @JimHowDigsDirt
      @JimHowDigsDirt  9 ปีที่แล้ว +1

vistaquad Thanks for watching.

• @pellerselsjd
    @pellerselsjd 8 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Great Video!! Thanks for the info good for a guy that is getting his first bobcat! Keep posting I am following ya!

• @joshmarauder
    @joshmarauder 5 ปีที่แล้ว +3

This was very helpful thanks

• @natesmodelreveiwsetc.9626
    @natesmodelreveiwsetc.9626 8 ปีที่แล้ว +5

that is a good idea to remove the bobcat tracks

• @marciotlopes9598
    @marciotlopes9598 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Very good. Thanks

• @JustMe-yq8li
    @JustMe-yq8li 7 ปีที่แล้ว +3

:) Well helllllo there HANDSOME....and HANDY.... Love it!

• @JimHowDigsDirt

You sound like my girlfriend, lol.

• @Ron4936
    @Ron4936 9 ปีที่แล้ว +2

very interesting, well done

• @jix177
    @jix177 8 ปีที่แล้ว +5

Good technique! Well done.

• @joaquincortada1483
    @joaquincortada1483 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Great video. I leave the bucket on and use a 6x6 to push back the roller to take off the old track. Using the bucket to push back on the roller with the 6x6 in between.

• @JimHowDigsDirt

That's a good tip! I will have to try that next time.

• @Mr.frag-out
    @Mr.frag-out ปีที่แล้ว +1

Nice thank you Mr bowers

• @ing.marlonvaldivia-peritop369
    @ing.marlonvaldivia-peritop369 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

thank you so much

• @brianhvactech
    @brianhvactech 6 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Thanks for vid

• @ManjulaV001
    @ManjulaV001 6 ปีที่แล้ว +2

thank you

• @scottevard6966
    @scottevard6966 8 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Hey Jim, Tip! If you remove or loosen most of the way on the rear bolt on the front. It will allow that big end of the tensioner cylinder and front idler to retract even further making even easier to remove track and reinstall. Bobcat Scott

• @JimHowDigsDirt
      @JimHowDigsDirt  7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thanks for the tip Scott! I will give it a try next time I take the tracks off the machine.

• @codered5431
    @codered5431 7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

This guy knows what his doing ive done this out in the mud

• @JimHowDigsDirt

Not much fun to do in the mud, ehh?

• @codered5431
      @codered5431 7 ปีที่แล้ว

JimHowDigsDirt its just hard cause is sinks when u jack it up but ya great video

• @andrewwilkinson7460
    @andrewwilkinson7460 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Short pieces of metal pipe rather than wooden sticks make it easier to slide, but still loved the well put together video!

• @JimHowDigsDirt
      @JimHowDigsDirt  6 ปีที่แล้ว

Thank you! I since learned that method and now use 2 pieces of pipe. Slides much easier now.

• @KarasCyborg
    @KarasCyborg ปีที่แล้ว +1

I wish bobcat would have had a vertical piston on the final drive motor so that when you release the pressure it sags and track comes off real-easy as you could just drag it off the top. Either that or some sort of segmented sprocket that you don't have to even waste the the grease in the piston. They just weren't thinking about maintenance.

• @JimHowDigsDirt
      @JimHowDigsDirt  ปีที่แล้ว

Yeah I agree! It's pretty bad when you have to take off the tracks a sprockets just to change the oil in the outer drive motor bearings. And I think they only take about three or four ounces per side.

• @sergeygayvoronskiy4753
    @sergeygayvoronskiy4753 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Jim all you need is 4 ton porta power and push it off of front tie down instead of a pry bar works like a charm!

• @JimHowDigsDirt
      @JimHowDigsDirt  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I use three steel pipes know instead of the wood. They slide off much easier using the pipes

• @garagetime1130
    @garagetime1130 9 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Nice video I have a bobcat E50 and am looking into getting a t190. Can you do a video of your shop?

• @cranberryvalleyrr4579
    @cranberryvalleyrr4579 9 ปีที่แล้ว +1

All in knowing how AND A LITTLE COMMON SENSE!

• @JimHowDigsDirt

Pastor Leonard Williams CAYA Thank you.

• @artisannasitra6725
    @artisannasitra6725 7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Jim am I correct your blocks are 6x6's? So two stacked you have 11 inches of blocking?Thanx for the video too!

• @ignusa749
    @ignusa749 5 ปีที่แล้ว +3

I use qty 12 black gas pipe maybe 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 od and 1.5 feet long instead of the wood. just tall enough to clear the roller on the front.. it makes the slide off and on super easy!!
    also a telehandler and use the mast retract extend with a chain is nice if you are a one man shop to help the old as well as a new track on and off!!
    trust me the pipe is way easier!! as well as they last a long time if you change or remove tracks often!!
    also check the bearings on all of the under rollers as well as the front tensioner roller!!
    also 2) hd 2 inch wide ratchet straps on the track dia work well to help get all of the grease out fast...
    for the last bit of grease... nice for when it is cold!!

• @MrMotoden
    @MrMotoden 9 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Good stuff, sir. Will we be seeing the new tracks going on?

• @richardpaul5152
      @richardpaul5152 2 ปีที่แล้ว

i know Im randomly asking but does anyone know a method to get back into an instagram account??
      I somehow forgot the login password. I would appreciate any tricks you can give me

• @hashdfw
    @hashdfw 7 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I use a a plastic water bottle to catch the grease

• @davidgreenwood38
    @davidgreenwood38 4 หลายเดือนก่อน

your video really helped me, track came off easy, t870. Getting another track on though was definitely a 2 man job. what track tension do you use? 1/2"? 1"? 1.5"? i have heard different tensions from different websites and people. thanks

• @chrisbeekley1887
    @chrisbeekley1887 6 ปีที่แล้ว +2

You can slide a piece of hose over the grease fitting then your not trying to catch it inside the compartment

• @JimHowDigsDirt
      @JimHowDigsDirt  6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

That would be a better way to do it.

• @BoxcarJerry
    @BoxcarJerry 9 ปีที่แล้ว +1

cool process on how its done , were these worn out that you took them off ?

• @JimHowDigsDirt

Yes, they were worn out so I had to replace them. I did a lot of work in a rocky area and it really took the life out the tracks. Thanks for watching!

• @CostcoBulkBuyer
    @CostcoBulkBuyer 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thankyou for sharing this idea! Do you think this will work on a susv?

• @JimHowDigsDirt
      @JimHowDigsDirt  2 ปีที่แล้ว

I know nothing about susv. If it's built in a similar way it might work?

• @joaquincortada1483
    @joaquincortada1483 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Those tracks look good. Are you taking them to perform maintenance?

• @JimHowDigsDirt

Yeah, the tracks are only a year old. I took them off to change the oil in the outer bearing of the final drive. You have to remove the track and sprocket to get at it. th-cam.com/video/yUCbefKlJKk/w-d-xo.html

• @TheNoisyCricket
    @TheNoisyCricket 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Shit that's the hard way. All you gotta do is a 360 on a small stump. Pops it off every time. But man it's a pain in the ass to get back on

• @JimHowDigsDirt
      @JimHowDigsDirt  6 ปีที่แล้ว

Goes on much easier on a flat surface for sure!

• @outdoorswithlarryrobin
    @outdoorswithlarryrobin 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Good job, now why are you removing them?

• @JimHowDigsDirt

I took them off to change the oil in the outer bearing of the final drive. You have to remove the track and sprocket to get at it. th-cam.com/video/yUCbefKlJKk/w-d-xo.html

• @NJGCB
    @NJGCB 6 ปีที่แล้ว +5

Just saved me a $800

• @codered5431
      @codered5431 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Ya its crazy what a shop will charge. I did this in the mud many times

• @christopherlehman626
    @christopherlehman626 4 ปีที่แล้ว

What about using a smooth spiting wedge instead of using 2x2's

• @JimHowDigsDirt

I know use three pieces of pipe instead of the wood. The track slides off much easier on the steel pipe.

• @FishFind3000
    @FishFind3000 9 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Where did you get that BMW sign on the wall?

• @JimHowDigsDirt

FishFind3000 I made it when I was working at the Department of Transportation provincial sign shop. It's reflective.

• @FishFind3000
      @FishFind3000 9 ปีที่แล้ว +1

nice, i was wondering cuz it would be perfect for my dad.

• @someguy936
    @someguy936 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

What was wrong with the tracks? Those old ones seemed to have a lot of life left on them.

• @JimHowDigsDirt
      @JimHowDigsDirt  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I had the other side off to repair my drive motor, so I decided to take this side off just to change the oil in the final drive outer bearing.

• @lottsalasagna431
    @lottsalasagna431 7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Gutsy putting your hands under that track. Don't know why anyone would do that ..seen many people get injured and even lose body parts around machinery .. Be safe don't trust jacks or blocks always try to have a secondary safety

• @JimHowDigsDirt
      @JimHowDigsDirt  7 ปีที่แล้ว

It was well blocked, It wasn't going to move!

• @codered5431
    @codered5431 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

What is wrong with your track.

• @JimHowDigsDirt

Nothing wrong with the track! They were only a year old in this video. I took them off to change the oil in the outer bearing of the final drive. You have to remove the track and sprocket to get at it. th-cam.com/video/yUCbefKlJKk/w-d-xo.html