I CAN'T recommend the X-T5

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 8 มี.ค. 2023
  • I can't recommend this camera. I don't advise you buy it. There are better ways to spend your money.
    I'm Craig Roberts and e6 vlogs is my channel. For more videos and content check out e6, the the subscription service I run from my website. e6 offers videos, eGuides, eBooks, podcasts and more.
    My eBooks: craigrobertsphotography.co.uk...
    My e6 Subscription: craigrobertsphotography.co.uk
    Instagram: / craigrobertsphotography

ความคิดเห็น • 254

• @TheRealUnconnected
    @TheRealUnconnected ปีที่แล้ว +102

It shouldn't take 10 mins to say 'don't buy a camera, buy a course from me'. Wanted to check and see if you had experienced some issue or problem with the camera, not hear the same anti-GAS message everyone says all the time (but ignores). Clickbait titles are annoying and a waste of peoples time.

• @DaveStern2
      @DaveStern2 5 หลายเดือนก่อน +13

Thanks, saved me some time

• @borisholiday
      @borisholiday 4 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

Appreciate this comment 👍🏽

• @jeremyboku
      @jeremyboku 4 หลายเดือนก่อน +4

Thanks a ton. Left a dislike and moved on.

• @PaulMichaelElizes
      @PaulMichaelElizes หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Watched the whole video just to second this person's comment. Here's a quick summary of the video in bullet points
      * Switched from Olympus to Fuji X-T5 for better ergonomics and features.
      * He's happy with X-T5 but emphasizes using your current camera.
      * Most church interior project photos shot with Ricoh GR3 (not the X-T5).
      * Upgrades should address specific needs, not just follow trends.
      * Invest in improving your skills over buying new gear.

• @MALITH666
      @MALITH666 20 วันที่ผ่านมา

Top comment. Thanks for saving time.

• @bevdonovan
    @bevdonovan ปีที่แล้ว +56

I can't believe people unsubscribed just because you're no longer shooting with Olympus. For me, Olympus is 100% what I want and need - but that is me. I follow a lot of photographers who shoot with other brands simply because I love their work. Who cares about the brand.
    I also want to say you have an incredible eye for creating great shots from everyday places, where most people would not see the potential. Keep up the good work!

• @Rnder72
      @Rnder72 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Totally agree, I also by chance shoot with an Olympus, because it works for me not because somebody recommended or switched to it. I like Craig's approach to taking pictures, that's I have subscribed not because of the camera he uses.

• @Brewbug
      @Brewbug ปีที่แล้ว +4

If there would be any reason to unsubscribe it would be the absolute clickbait that this video is. Such a convoluted angle.

• @Durio_zibethinus
      @Durio_zibethinus ปีที่แล้ว +2

I like the fact that Craig has photography as a job and youtube just for extra reach (and advertising his e6, ofc). After a few newest videos with fuji, we knew that his style doesn't change, we can't tell apart which camera he used just from photo. In a nutshell, a real deal.
      Yes, this move doesn't favour algorithm. But we want a hard cash from client, right? In the end, the boat is still floats.

• @e6Vlogs
      @e6Vlogs  ปีที่แล้ว

So true Brewbug!

• @karikaru
      @karikaru ปีที่แล้ว

Psh he's lucky all they did is unsubscribe. Had it my way, he'd get a knee capping by monopod and 40 lashes from an Olympus neck strap.
      Jk. I shoot Olympus as a second body to a large DSLR to have something smaller to shoot on a daily basis but will probably sell it now that I sold my DSLR and am getting a Panasonic s5ii (before you give me a lashing too, I have legitimate reasons). And for financial reasons, will probably sell my em5mkii if I can get a good price for it. I wasn't crazy about it at first but it's really grown on me over the past year and I've gotten cool shots with it but I'm wanting to condense my kit down since I live abroad and travel a lot and carrying two camera bodies isn't really helping that. Going to one all-round hybrid camera and one 24-105mm lens and then putting a site filter on my PC to block b&h, adorama, and mpb;)

• @belaacs5238
    @belaacs5238 ปีที่แล้ว +12

I gave myself the best advice to avoid GAS. "Upgrade your vision instead of upgrade to new gears". Nowadays my "poor like a church mouse" state improved a lot. Still using the old XT2 and old Sony A73. Still take crappy images but my vision improved a little bit because I can afford proper food now.

• @gregturner_awod
    @gregturner_awod ปีที่แล้ว +9

The XT5 is a fabulous camera, but each to their own. I’m sure we all enjoy our different cameras. The XT5 is superb.

• @e6Vlogs
      @e6Vlogs  ปีที่แล้ว +1

You’re right, it is.

• @te0pol159
    @te0pol159 ปีที่แล้ว +21

Exactly, everyone should choose their camera on their OWN. It doesn't make sense to buy a camera because some stranger on the internet said you should or they own one.

• @topbrew42
    @topbrew42 ปีที่แล้ว +5

The XT5 is a superb camera, rather a clickbait heading sadly

• @kevinruston3285
    @kevinruston3285 ปีที่แล้ว +4

I shoot with an 35 mm olympus OM40 I've had it from new works perfectly and I love it . A few years ago I decided to try digital photography , I went for the fuji XT2 I'm more than happy with it, apart from walking round with a pocket full of spare batteries .people tend to suffer from shiny kit syndrome, see an advertisement for a new camera or phone and are desperate to get their hands on it .
    If you have any spare cash , buy some petrol and get out more with what you already have .

• @neilcousineau4956
    @neilcousineau4956 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Excellent, I’m sticking with Olympus and will continue to watch your work here and Instagram. You have a great eye for the everyday everything can be a photo-story and I love your motto. “I don’t do pretty”

• @charlesnewsholme2808
    @charlesnewsholme2808 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Great images no matter what camera used !! I had a Nikon FM2 for many years, it even survived being fallen on by me. A truly faithful companion on many a walk.

• @sprouty2408
    @sprouty2408 ปีที่แล้ว +1

As soon as you said GRiii, I literally laughed out loud. The GRiii is the one and only camera I take everywhere, it's just brilliant.

• @TCinSoCal
    @TCinSoCal ปีที่แล้ว +6

I have the GR IIIx and have been blown away with the image quality out if such a small package. I’ve considered doing the same ‘dual setup’ as the GR is an absolute ninja .. pure stealth.. while being shockingly capable.

• @mastermind5421
      @mastermind5421 7 หลายเดือนก่อน

That's exactly what I'm doing

• @Raist3db
    @Raist3db ปีที่แล้ว +3

No offense man, but this video has a title of clickbait. I agree it's good to focus on what you have, etc. but a reason to get an X-T5 if so desired, is the same reason to buy a "new camera" in the first place. I had an X-T5 and I can say it's fantastic. I chose an X-E4 simply because I love small cameras more than bigger even if the X-T5 shrunk a bit from X-T4.
    Anyhow, love your church photos. Nice light, mood.

• @El-Tel63-Terry.
    @El-Tel63-Terry. ปีที่แล้ว +1

And I love watching your vlogs, talking total sense.

• @shy-guy5544
    @shy-guy5544 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Nice video, lovely photos, and good advice. I am generally very happy with my xt3, and feel no need to upgrade unless the dynamic range and low-light ability are significantly improved.

• @Carolyne_games
    @Carolyne_games ปีที่แล้ว +41

Coming from a Leica Q2, the X-T5 has been a fantastic entry point to the Fuji system for me with its weather sealing and high megapixel sensor. But for many others I definitely don’t think the X-T5 is necessary and lots of the smaller, older Fuji bodies are able to create almost identical, if not even better images ☺️

• @SALVATl0N
      @SALVATl0N ปีที่แล้ว +5

Totally agree. I also have the XT 5, I'm not sure I'm going to keep it because it might be more camera than I need, but I'm confident has closed the gap between fujifilm and Leica even more.

• @rolandgasser6711
      @rolandgasser6711 ปีที่แล้ว +4

I own the X-T1 and X-T3 and love it! Never will sell it.

• @David-gh8my
      @David-gh8my ปีที่แล้ว +2

I totally agree, I have an XT-2 and the much-maligned XH-1. Both produce fantastic images, I recently went to an event at a well-known camera store. Where the latest and greatest were on display from Canon, Fuji, Nikon, and Sony. With steely nerve, I resisted the temptation to purchase anything even with the discounts on offer. Suffice it to say if you take your time with composition lighting and camera settings. Then the images any camera produces will be good.

• @jjchockey
      @jjchockey ปีที่แล้ว +3

Ya a $400 XT20 takes identical pictures to a $2500 XH2S. It's all about the lenses.

• @adnan_velic
      @adnan_velic ปีที่แล้ว +3

@@jjchockey xh2s is a video focused camera…. You take any of the fuji line ups with the 26mp sensor and they will produce pretty much the same results. In video however things change dramatically. Also the xh2s has incredible AF if you’re shooting fast moving subjects it’s a must.

• @haramlee83
    @haramlee83 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I agree. 8 megapixel camera is already 4k image camera, most of ppl dont even print their photos, just looking at it from phone screen or maybe computer. If your camera is over 10 megapixel and giving you happy result, you dont need any new cameras.

• @ryanhoviolin
    @ryanhoviolin ปีที่แล้ว +8

This is the perfect example of when the photographer is this good, has a good eye for detail and compositions and good skills, what camera, which lens and what system to use is irrelevant. Amazing work Craig! Those photos of cathedrals, inside and out are really beautiful!

• @lionheart4424
      @lionheart4424 ปีที่แล้ว

What I took away from this video is that the gear does not need to be expensive, but it DOES matter. For example, he says that the interior church shots are taken with the Ricoh GR cameras (the GR III alone is around $1K). He prefers them because of their portability, macro and low-light performance.
      He then says that his main camera today is the Fuji X-T5, and he also still uses other cameras. It all depends on the project and what you do, so if you don't feel the need to upgrade, he recommends that you don't do it and spend the money elsewhere specially in things that will improve your skills.
      What matters the most is your knowledge to then identify what is the best tool for the job you want to execute, and you can only know this by testing the gear for yourself. At least that is what I understood.

• @davidharris4062
    @davidharris4062 ปีที่แล้ว +26

It’s nice to hear someone talking sense, you can take perfect pictures on an old camera, you don’t need to have the latest up to date models, the end product is the picture, there’s been a lot of talk on social media about the 12mp Nikon D700, the pictures coming out of this camera are amazing, but the fact is, you need to go out, with the camera you have and take pictures

• @harjeetsingh9749
      @harjeetsingh9749 ปีที่แล้ว

I have a Nikon D700, and it does produce very good images for 12mp. Yes, you're right, and I must get out more!

• @mikewilson9601
      @mikewilson9601 ปีที่แล้ว

Absolutely agree. I have a Nikon D610. All my lenses are nikkor. My images are top notch. Nuff said !

• @Ximonic
      @Ximonic ปีที่แล้ว

Indeed. I made quite a jump from Canon 7D (2009) to a used 5D mk 4 dslr (2016), and after these couple of years using it I can't imagine needing for something more in 2023. It produces excellent raw files to fiddle with, and the ready images then go to Wikipedia. I have no idea how could some new camera possible improve the results, as many new mirrorless camera photos on there look almost the same quality-wise as the one i'm using - just cost thousands more.

• @fintanusa
    @fintanusa ปีที่แล้ว +3

Click bait. Change the title! Your arguments are absolutely valid and I agree. But don't mislead please.

• @robertrowles4948
    @robertrowles4948 ปีที่แล้ว +3

As someone who has owned all 3 cameras you mention, I would have to choose the X-T5 simply because it can do everything that the others do, plus a lot more. The Ricoh feels more like a smart phone to use, with no viewfinder, and a less than perfect LCD screen in bright weather, as well as being very limited for video. The FM2 needs film, plus processing, and won’t shoot video. On the other hand, it is just a nice feeling to own a beautifully made, weather sealed, image stabilised camera which is capable of creating everything you require. The only negative will be the initial cost of the camera and lenses, but I’m willing to bet it will last every bit as long as your FM2.

• @wreford07
    @wreford07 ปีที่แล้ว +3

I love my GR3... I also have a Pentax K1 which is my workhorse. But the Ricoh is a fantastic every day carry. It is a pocket rocket . I am seriously tempted to buy a GR3x (I did have one, but sold it on... mistake!)

• @TheRowi62
    @TheRowi62 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Good point. I trade my Pen F in for a Fuji X100V. Because I need a viewfinder. But I still use the Olympus as my main system, as long as Fuji doesn't have the custom settings like Olympus.

• @horizonsje
    @horizonsje ปีที่แล้ว +1

Since I started photography I've owned and shot through a bunch of different cameras. I've shot through Fuji, Nikon, Canon and Sony. With my final switch I went to a canon AE-1, not because I wanted to switch to film but because I enjoyed the way the camera felt in my hand, the weight and the grip felt right. Cannot recommend enough to new photographers that the best camera that you could ever own is the camera that you feel comfortable shooting with. If you want to be a painter you should love the smell of the oils.

• @alang253
    @alang253 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Agree with everything you said. Recently I've rented a GRiiix, and a XT30 + 35 f/2. Every system has its pros/cons and I really learned that there is no perfect camera and practically speaking MFT still remains the best system for my needs. Any camera nowadays, even in the past 10 years+, can make images in the conditions you spoke of. I think we're getting to the point of cellphones- every year there used to be a giant leap in features/tech. Now you can go 5 years and barely notice a difference when upgrading.

• @zarrow50
      @zarrow50 ปีที่แล้ว

Medium Format will be the next big fin as the bodies get smaller and also cheaper

• @exif6839
    @exif6839 ปีที่แล้ว

I have the Fuji X100V for every day and now new the Olympus EM1X with several lenses for really small money. Perfect match!

• @normee7249
    @normee7249 ปีที่แล้ว

Well said...as one who is also entrenched in the Olympus system, the X-T5 is a camera I've seriously considered. Besides all its great features, it's the Tilt screen I prefer so much. Alas, the high cost of switching won't improve my photography 🤔

• @jaegerschtulmann
    @jaegerschtulmann ปีที่แล้ว +4

and you don't have to choose a clickbaity title for your youtube videos.

• @philrob57
    @philrob57 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Not so much switching systems as choosing the correct tool for the job, crosscut vs rip for sawing wood you can use both saws to cut wood but which saw makes the job easier???

• @glennsak
    @glennsak 10 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

After trying about a half dozen brands and the same number of models, I've come back to the Olympus EM-5 series. Small, compact and capable. My keepers are up and my wallet is happy, too.

• @colinstock325
    @colinstock325 ปีที่แล้ว

I have a Canon 5D4 and a Fuji X100V. I am currently considering a church project similar to yours. The close up “abstract” interiors shots is an interesting idea as it would be something haven’t done before.

• @strongandco
    @strongandco ปีที่แล้ว +12

To calm my gear acquisition syndrome I used to search through Flickr using my current camera and lens combo, adding the type of image that I was hoping to improve by making the purchase, ie Nikon D7100, 17-55 2.8, landscape. If my skill level wasn't up to recreating what I considered to be the best of the images that came back in the search I had just confirmed it was me that needed to work on my technique and that buying more gear wasn't going to help me.

• @vishal_trivedi
      @vishal_trivedi ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for sharing this 👍🏽 so true

• @Durio_zibethinus
      @Durio_zibethinus ปีที่แล้ว +2

I have a playlist about pros using cheap, tattered camera and boy, the result made me ashamed of myself 😅

• @vishal_trivedi
      @vishal_trivedi ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@Durio_zibethinus hopefully that feeling was short lived and quickly replaced with inspiration energy. If you are willing to make the playlist public I’d like to check it out.

• @Durio_zibethinus
      @Durio_zibethinus ปีที่แล้ว

@@vishal_trivedi thank you for your kind words. But I have to make the playlist private due to internet drama and "truthful opinions" spreads wild. Anyway, for budget friendly channels, beside e6 I would recommend mattias burling, snapiness, boris takovski and every photographers who named nigel.

• @katecrabb1958
      @katecrabb1958 ปีที่แล้ว

this a good idea and I am going to try this.

• @alanplatt888
    @alanplatt888 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Fascinating and insightful video, thank you. The only constant thing in life is change. You're, points and experienced explanation is so valid in my opinion, thank you for it. I personally have whittled my way through a number of systems, I enjoyed them all. Based on my experience and style today, I'm down to a Leica M10 plus a few lenses, a Fuji X-T5 and a few lenses, a TLR 120 film Camera and a 35mm rangefinder film camera. Every time I use them I have to change the way I shoot the whatever it is I'm shooting. With this in mind I like your philosophy regarding capturing images. As long as it was fit for the purpose required by whoever was enquiring, I would recommend each one of my camera's for it's own merit.

• @bk6678
    @bk6678 ปีที่แล้ว

Great session.

• @ThatMicro43Guy
    @ThatMicro43Guy ปีที่แล้ว

Absolutely. Perfectly said.
    I LOVE M43, honestly I do. But is it ‘the best’ yes and no, it is for me but not for everyone. There really is not a bad camera these days, just more convenient…… or should I say ‘better marketed’.
    I just happen to love M43 for my needs

• @andrewoliver8349
    @andrewoliver8349 ปีที่แล้ว

Well spoken. Voice of reason. Keep up the great work. 🙂

• @Minority2005
    @Minority2005 ปีที่แล้ว

This talk is what I needed now 😀

• @zenlife1200
    @zenlife1200 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Lately I'm having a ball messing about with a few old digicams and a film camera and shock horror, some of them don't have a viewfinder and that usually puts me off some cameras. 😱😂 It's good fun and also good for your memory, trying to remember where everything is on different models across different brands. So I don't mind if you're not wearing the "team" colors anymore lol. I'm having fun, trying new things in new places and not worrying about noise, sensor size, mega pixels or camera measuring. Life's too short for that. Carpe diem

• @thomaseriksson6256
    @thomaseriksson6256 ปีที่แล้ว

Thank you. I used Panasonic LX3 and LX5 most. Uptaded to used Fuji X-T1 and X-Pro 1. But it have not been a smart move. Now I'm updating my Nikon system to D850 standard,

• @mabsosa
    @mabsosa 10 หลายเดือนก่อน

Hello, I have a question! In the process of changing the menu settings, I feel a little bit of heat in the camera body within a few minutes. Is this normal? I don't feel it when I take pictures.

• @ipb1966
    @ipb1966 ปีที่แล้ว

Not photography related but I see you have the Lego Defender! Me too - but I did something wrong with the prop shaft/drive shafts and now the back wheels want to rotate in opposite directions!!! 😀

• @thomasnelamischkies2388
    @thomasnelamischkies2388 ปีที่แล้ว

great advice! Something most of us gear heads tends to forget a lot🙂

• @scc6210
    @scc6210 4 หลายเดือนก่อน

Such a great point of view ! Subscribed...

• @Luigi13
    @Luigi13 ปีที่แล้ว

Sound advice Craig very important. 👌👌

• @givebackdocumentaryproduct5981
    @givebackdocumentaryproduct5981 10 หลายเดือนก่อน

Great video the last time I did any photography was when I owned the fuji x100 and the xe20. I sold them both as I needed to invest in video gear as I was moving to full time video production. Now that period is over due to health reasons I plan to sell my Lumix S5 and my BMPCC4K to go back to photography and to buy an XH2. I could use the S5 for photography but it just has never offered the inspiration that I felt when I own my fuji cameras, so I guess my reason for going to fuji is simply because every thing about fuji inspires me to want to go out take portraits, something I can't wait to do.

• @dlitosh
    @dlitosh ปีที่แล้ว

Great an informative video, thank you. I just sold my X-pro2 in order to get the Xt-5

• @davidmedeiros7572
    @davidmedeiros7572 ปีที่แล้ว

Great post. Just wish the eBooks you promo'd were actually for sale as opposed to bundled in the e6 subscription. Would have liked to see what you had to say in the Urban Landscapes one.

• @e6Vlogs
      @e6Vlogs  ปีที่แล้ว

They are for sale individually.

• @shootfilmnotguns2023
    @shootfilmnotguns2023 ปีที่แล้ว

Gorgeous pictures!

• @tomislavmiletic_
    @tomislavmiletic_ ปีที่แล้ว

It all comes down to perspective. For me, coming from FF Canon cameras with ginormous zoom lenses, Fuji X cameras are tiny.
    Some of them will still fit into a pocket (don't forget also the choice of various lenses), while other ones you can hide under a jacket.
    With that being said, personally I have enough Fuji's X lens lens interchangeable cameras, with no need to upgrade. Well, maybe still, but only when prices start to fall...

• @seaeagles6025
    @seaeagles6025 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Hi Craig i have a Nikon D3100 and people say to me why don't you get a real Camera. The image quality is still great, the video sometimes is slow to focus. But apart from the video the actual Camera does what it suppose to do. My camera isn't holding me back, when it does i will buy a new one. It was good to see you also use the Nikon FM2 Film Camera, and the images look great from that Camera. Photographing Churches has a calming effect, and relaxing. Always enjoy your videos, thank you.

• @someoneelse318
    @someoneelse318 22 วันที่ผ่านมา

Brian: You are all individuals!
    Crowd (unisono): We are all individuals!

• @33antonius
    @33antonius 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Excellent video! Your camera is a personal thing.

• @O.Persson
    @O.Persson ปีที่แล้ว +3

Valid point and well said. Personally I think pretty much all newish cameras are more than enough for most of us.
    It's all just feel and look. But sometimes it's fun with some new toys.
    But still we all dream of a Leica or a Hasselblad ;)
    Love the imagery! Looks like a really interesting project, hope to see more of it in future videos.
    Btw. The doll in the background isn't creepy at all.

• @gaza4543
      @gaza4543 ปีที่แล้ว

nad neither really what they used to be. Leica and Hasselblad that is, much of the allure for them has faded over the years

• @O.Persson
      @O.Persson ปีที่แล้ว

@@gaza4543 That's true, and they are a bit overpriced for what they are.
      And I do love my HB 2003 fcw, the old v-system is an icon for a reason.
      But the 907x is still one of the most interesting cameras in recent years for me.
      And Leicas are still some of most handsome cameras around, and I would love myself a digital range finder (and Leica is pretty much the only ones still making range finders).

• @agylub
      @agylub ปีที่แล้ว

Leica? Not even remotely interested. Hasselblad? Had them for 40 years. Highly overrated. Now- work Nikon D850 and Fuji XH1, but heavily invested in OM as well. Best use of funds? Travel. Nothing inspires like a new landscape

• @O.Persson
      @O.Persson ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@agylub
      Personally I love my Hasselblad, it's by a far my favourite camera in my current collection. I find it beautiful and lovely to handle, and I'm a big fan of the 6x6-format.
      But I do agree with you new landscapes are far more fun than new toys.
      Personally I gladly spend money on good food, great beer, culture and my hobbies :)
      Love and peace!

• @BlueEagleSG
    @BlueEagleSG 7 หลายเดือนก่อน

I have Canon 5D, Nikon, Sony and Fujifilm cameras and of all these, I love the Fujifilm X-T5 the most. I highly recommend it

• @samson40a
    @samson40a ปีที่แล้ว

Excellent video. I have Fuji XT2 and OMD EM1 II and like them both but would like a newer body with better af and am looking at the XT 4 as I consider the cost of the OM1 to be overpriced

• @aag1140
    @aag1140 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I still love my xt3

• @trevorbrooks813
    @trevorbrooks813 ปีที่แล้ว

Well said Craig. The church project looks mighty interesting. Thanks.

• @JeDxDeVu
    @JeDxDeVu ปีที่แล้ว

I love my XT1 and couldn't imagine needing anymore than what it offers. I would like the same sensor but with 40mp though.

• @alexfournier9956
      @alexfournier9956 ปีที่แล้ว

XY1 IS TOO OLD NOW CHANGE IT PLEASE FOR XT5 OR XH2 XT1 IS NO MORE GOOD NOW

• @leestanford2452
    @leestanford2452 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Perfectly happy with the X-T3

• @jjbbgn5081
    @jjbbgn5081 6 หลายเดือนก่อน

I just bought the X-T5, it's an incredible camera.

• @TITAOSTEIN
    @TITAOSTEIN ปีที่แล้ว

I use and love Olympus Cameras, but I could use Fuji without a problem. They are very appealing and very good. But the ‘em-1 iii and OM1 are like handmade for the size of my hands. Because of that I use the system. If I would start now to buy my first Camera, it would be probably a Fuji.

• @mellowmarkable
    @mellowmarkable ปีที่แล้ว

Is that Cathedrals article online? Would be interested in reading it (and the photos).

• @e6Vlogs
      @e6Vlogs  ปีที่แล้ว +1

You can purchase it here: craigrobertsphotography.co.uk/html/best_of_britain.html

• @cmlee5577
    @cmlee5577 ปีที่แล้ว

It is a part that needs to be highlighted about the advantages of large-scale printing and enlarged printing. If you're satisfied with the images you see on social media and your phone, this camera is a waste of money.

• @erikmortensen1091
    @erikmortensen1091 10 หลายเดือนก่อน

Have an older Fujifilm XT20 and am very satisfied. Buy a new camera just because a newer version comes out. Have, on the other hand, spent a little money on lenses.

• @walkingmanvideo9455
    @walkingmanvideo9455 10 หลายเดือนก่อน

I bought a Q3 and wont go back to anything else. The quality I am getting outshines anything else on the market.

• @femiomomo4467
    @femiomomo4467 ปีที่แล้ว

I have an XE 1 and I rented an XT 3 for two days.
    1. The XT3 image has become more "mainstream " this factor continues all the way through the range to the HS2.
    2. As a Canon user I was blown away by the "flavour " of colours from my
    X E1❤
    3. As a new guy to Fujifilm,
    the XT 3 for me was far too powerful and complicated, so therefore it was too easy for me to get into a mess.
    Generally I think Fujifilm is a Photographic "system" which the new cameras cannot emulate.
    I think Fujifilm should have a Xtrans 1and 2 sensor simulation for their new cameras.😊

• @cheesetouch101
    @cheesetouch101 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I'd love a Ricoh but the prices are silly still. A second hand gr3x selling for the same price as a new gr3!

• @adnan_velic
    @adnan_velic ปีที่แล้ว

For pictures specifically you can just get a used xt3 and be totally happy heck I shoot pics with my xt4 and I’m beyond happy. The xt5 is a monster video camera that looks like a traditional film camera. It is definitely not for everyone especially not beginners who might use the camera and get upset at what it produces only because THEY don’t know how to fully use it. The Ricoh is a beast and I would love to own one but I settled with an xt4 with pancake lens and my xh2s for video.

• @desgardner7169
    @desgardner7169 ปีที่แล้ว

I am so glad I am not into camera makes! Thank you for your thoughts now lets see some pictures and less of the lip!

• @garthac
    @garthac ปีที่แล้ว

Well said!!!

• @johnspathopoulos1432
    @johnspathopoulos1432 ปีที่แล้ว

I like the context of your arguments. Everyone should develop himself at the camera he has and when he has tried different genres of photography go to the next level and buy a more suitable for his needs piece of gear. I'm currently shooting with a Nikon Coolpix P1000. In ASPM modes not the ready ones. When I won't be so fascinated by the versatility of this camera from wide and macro to insane zoom perhaps I make the transition to another one. Already I see the weaknesses (low light performance, slow autofocus) and I intend to explore with it it's limits in long exposure photography with the acquisition of an ND filter. After that perhaps I purchase another one. But I feel still impressed from it and not yet ready for such a move.

• @shmuelaryehkoltov241
    @shmuelaryehkoltov241 10 หลายเดือนก่อน

I think it's important that people spend time to figure out which system fits them personally, and don't choose according to the lates trend or what everyone else tell them to.
    Unfortunately, I think that most people do choose according to what is the trend or what they're told to get. "This camera has all the newest features and the fastest autofocus, this is the one!" Okay, fine, but do the ordinary or average photographer really need that? Is it just throwing money at something, which he/she doesn't really need, money that could ve spent better on something else?
    I have just decided to leave Nikon full frame, switching tk micro four thirds. I got a second hand Olympus Om-d Em-5 III with a 12-45mm f4 lens. It could do everything my Nikon camera could and more as well. The only issue was the image quality, but considering that a) I'm not a professional, b) the differences can easily be solved in post edit, c) it helps me stop being a pixel peeper, d) focusing on the overall image, and e) it isn't visible on print, image quality is really not a reason to stay with full frame for me.
    What makes it worth for me to switch to MFT is the much better image stabilization, the more compact sizes, the cheaper prices, and the amazing features you don't find in full frame cameras.
    The downsides, low light capabilities, more noise, lower dynamic range, and lower megapixel counts, is either irrelevant for me or can be solved with other means.

• @jean-pierrek1529
    @jean-pierrek1529 ปีที่แล้ว

Weather sealing on em1 or om1 is fantastic. Puzzled by claim yours was lacking (probably better than any Fuji)

• @e6Vlogs
      @e6Vlogs  ปีที่แล้ว

PenF (with primes).

• @jean-pierrek1529
      @jean-pierrek1529 ปีที่แล้ว

@@e6Vlogs got it. Although given the size of the XT5, I assumed you compared it with the em1/om1, but got it. Thanks.

• @wesfoulds47
    @wesfoulds47 ปีที่แล้ว

I have it and love it

• @xiondFirst
    @xiondFirst ปีที่แล้ว

Someone once said you're a great photographer when you master the camera you have. Not necessarily the camera you own. And that held some truth.

• @iantaylor4497
    @iantaylor4497 ปีที่แล้ว

Would you select a builder based on what brand of power tools they use or would you base your choice on the quality of his workmanship? Would you choose a wedding photographer because of what equipment they use or because their style of photography is how you want memories of the event to be portrayed? Do you watch (and maybe subscribe to or unsubscribe from) Craig's videos because of the brand of camera he uses or because he is interesting, informative, humorous, thought provoking, quirky and produces great images. And he uses various brands of equipment anyway. Craig - keep on teasing us with the titles.

• @jimpap13
    @jimpap13 6 หลายเดือนก่อน

Many a true words here, composition and creativeness is king in photography. I want to upgrade as my camera I’ve used for many years dosent do video and would like a new camera which is small, light and capable. Fuji line up is looking good 😅

• @snowwalker9999
    @snowwalker9999 ปีที่แล้ว

Photography is you, your eyes your world and the way you see everything. You are not your camera. The photos that you take are you...I always look forward to your new videos on here.

• @alecmurrell9208
    @alecmurrell9208 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Well said in this video and I agree with everything point you make. I still can't quite understand why some folk gave you genuine grief over the change to Fuji. It's a weird thing that so many photographers have such strong allegiances to particular brands. That said, there are many TH-camrs who trade off exactly that. With your photography, it's very much the images that do the talking. The church images are wonderful and show off the capabilities of those tiny little powerhouses - in the right hands and all that..... Full disclosure - I have actually just bought a GRiii and GRiiix; Two little brothers to go with my Nikon, Fuji, Leica, Pentax and Olympus kit :) :)

• @e6Vlogs
      @e6Vlogs  ปีที่แล้ว

That’s quite a family!

• @michaelj.1121
    @michaelj.1121 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Well thought through and we’ll presented - clearly the thoughts of a pro and an experienced teacher.
    Too bad in todays internet many people take everything personal and get offended from simple advice.
    Keep up your style (and the telegraph poles - plus the really cool new project) and don’t let anybody tell you otherwise.

• @Nessunego
    @Nessunego ปีที่แล้ว +1

For your Church interiors project, a mft camera with its very bright primes and incredible stabilisation would have been perfect, allowing you to shoot handheld at base ISO in low light with the same depth of field of an f2.8 on a Ricoh. So I guess it's all about shooting experience and trying something new. Someone does it with his wife, bless God you do it with cameras😂

• @grafixnetz
    @grafixnetz ปีที่แล้ว

Nice video but not sure why you're not using the x-T5 except for size.
    I've had several Fujifilm cameras. I like the X-S10 best for size, even though I have large hands. When I have it, I just feel better. I also only need my small camera bag or a large coat pocket to carry it around. X-T20: grip too small. X-H1: bulky. X-H2: not as bulky but still feels like a work-horse.
    I'm looking forward to the release of the X-S20, especially if it has the same size as the X-S10 but with stronger features and auto-focus.
    If you can get the x-s10 in your hand nows, try it out simply for size. Or wait for the X-S20.

• @callending
    @callending ปีที่แล้ว

"Brand Fans" are one thing...actual photographers shooting "projects" are another. As you note, I see useful value in using more than one camera brand and format based on the actual project need. I have a full-frame Nikon D600 with a few lenses for mostly wide-normal angle agricultural / farm, landscapes and night shots. Fuji is my all-rounder system most projects (including travel), and a Sony RX100 for the ad-hoc remainder.
    Thanks for the clarifications noted in your video. More photographers should take note of these points before embodying brand-based philosophies.

• @richardrizzo_photography
    @richardrizzo_photography ปีที่แล้ว

For me it's the images you create and not what you use to make them with, that's the reason why I subscribed a few years back.

• @snappychappy
    @snappychappy ปีที่แล้ว

I love what you are saying. Horses for courses.👍

• @bakermantube
    @bakermantube ปีที่แล้ว

I think some people think, expensive cameras and lenses must deliver great photos automatically when they press the shutter button. People must learn first the basics in photography and then everything about the camera they own.

• @amateurphotographer1096
    @amateurphotographer1096 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Olympus was my first mirrorless system. In fact i still have my em5 buy rarely using it. In the current market and tech, i find olympus longer competitive when it comes to innovation. Value for money, there are way better options in the apsc ecosystem. I own fujifilm system and love it. That said, i am also a Full frame user.. It is horses for courses in my case. But personally, olympus system is not as attractive anymore as it used to a decade ago!

• @Paul_anderson_creative
    @Paul_anderson_creative ปีที่แล้ว +2

Hilarious... You talk sense and almost 15% of folks do a thumbs down....😳

• @e6Vlogs
      @e6Vlogs  ปีที่แล้ว +1

Yeh, but don't we just love those 15%?!

• @StephenBoyd21
    @StephenBoyd21 ปีที่แล้ว

I currently do not have a camera. I walked away from the "sport". Now I want to return. So should I now buy the XT5?

• @e6Vlogs
      @e6Vlogs  ปีที่แล้ว +1

No, unless you want to.

• @karl7567
      @karl7567 ปีที่แล้ว

@@e6Vlogs A bug flew into my eye, causing me to trip, flinging my camera off of the observation deck of the Burj Khalifa. Now what camera should I get?

• @oneeyedphotographer
      @oneeyedphotographer ปีที่แล้ว

@@karl7567 Olympus TG-6. It probably would survive that level of mistreatment.

• @bingbong4848
      @bingbong4848 ปีที่แล้ว

​@@oneeyedphotographerI actually managed to break both a tg5 and tg6. Epic cameras though. Not sure what that says about me.. 😮

• @ChristineWilsonPhotography
    @ChristineWilsonPhotography ปีที่แล้ว

100% agree with everything you said , I have alot of film cameras which I don't use much these days although I do take a small film camera in my pocket, I have Sony, mirrorless that used fir overseas travel - fits in my pocket and an old Nikon with quite a few, lenses that I still use from time to time , now I have a fuji sx10 a do all camera with one lens . The ergonomics of this camera are fantastic and I just have one lens and just go out with only that almost all the time. The fuji is also better in ,low light and I love that camera . Are the photos I'm taking actually any better no. Anybody who unsubs because of your cross over is a gear addict not a photographer . I love your idea for church's 😀

• @kcphotogeek6207
    @kcphotogeek6207 ปีที่แล้ว

So it’s true I discovered your channel while researching the EM1 MKII, but that wasn’t the reason I subbed as I didn’t buy the camera in the end. I don’t get the camera brand tribalism online, it’s okay to like a brand’s characteristics or qualities (I like Lumix and Pentax). But these are just soulless corporations when all said and done, we don’t owe them loyalty

• @gaoldias
    @gaoldias ปีที่แล้ว +2

Hi Craig. I think one of the reasons you got a bit of blowback when you changed over to the Fuji is because there was no hint of it coming. It was "sudden" for us, if that make any sense. I've been following you for a few years now and for me, I always felt like the channel was a bit of a safe haven from all the MFT naysayers out there and when you announced the switch, it didn't feel like that anymore. On the other hand, once the dust had settled, I realized that cameras are just tools to do a job. We become attached to those tools on an emotional level sometimes but at the end of the day, any camera in the hands of someone with a high level of skill and vision can make superb images. So I'm still a loyal fan and am looking forward to seeing what you come up with while still happily shooting my Olympus gear. Tally ho!

• @e6Vlogs
      @e6Vlogs  ปีที่แล้ว +3

I guess i just didn’t talk about it much on here, but I don’t do enough vids to do so. When I swap to Pentax, I’ll make sure I talk about it for a year before doing so! 🤔

• @gaoldias
      @gaoldias ปีที่แล้ว

@@e6Vlogs Pentax...you're a brave man, Craig! 😂🤔😂

• @andrewoliver8349
      @andrewoliver8349 ปีที่แล้ว

​@@e6Vlogs 😂😂

• @lensman5762
    @lensman5762 6 หลายเดือนก่อน

A while back, being disappointed with what Nikon were doing these days ( I have used Nikos for over 45 years ), I just threw caution to the wind and went with Leica M. I have M2, M3 and M6 TTL and quite a few Leitz/Leica lenses for quite a long while, so it was just the body I needed. I am glad that I did. It was just using a Leica M film camera, but with digital output. A photographer has to find the camera that they are comfortable with and fits their needs and style of photography. Forget all the high count MP, 2000 focus point, three dozen focus modes, 10 K video and all the frivilous extars that you will probably never use. Enjoy the right camera, your camera.

• @nueschi
    @nueschi ปีที่แล้ว

Brilliant 👍🏻

• @RandumbTech
    @RandumbTech ปีที่แล้ว +5

I do agree that it's important to extract as much out of your current gear as possible, but eventually, if you are learning and growing your skills, new gear will make a difference. Last summer, I swapped out my Fuji gear which I had shot for 5+ years for a new Sony kit - the improvements in overall quality of my images and video was stunning. In that instance, the gear was holding me back, not my skills.

• @Am3r1Kan0
      @Am3r1Kan0 ปีที่แล้ว

Yeah, I definitely agree. The whole point of upgrading to something new is for the gear to make your job as a photographer a lot easier and facilitate you in taking the sort of shots that you want to take. Sure you could stick with an older model and still get very similar or identical pictures, but how much more of a hassle did your gear give you in order to make that shot? The camera needs to be an extension of the photographer and not be holding you up and possibly causing you to miss shots. I personally still rock an old X-T20 and am fine with it for now and have been considering possibly either upgrading it to an X-T5 or buying a separate Sony or Canon camera to complement it. But I do feel like some of the features on my camera are holding me back a bit from stepping up my game. I might just wait it out a bit longer until I'm entirely certain about what I want to do.

• @jaegerschtulmann
      @jaegerschtulmann ปีที่แล้ว

@@Am3r1Kan0 As a former Sony user (sold it out of necessity during the pandemic) and now a Fuji xt5 shooter I can definitely recommend you get the sony (a74, a7r3 or of course newer bodies), especially since you already have an xt20 to scratch your fuji itch. Sony's image quality and AF is far superior to my xt5 which is a bit heart breaking as I was hoping a bit more image fidelity and AF performance from my Fuji kit which I also adore. And yes it also boils down to the lens ecosystem, don't make the mistake to buy a Canon unless you are fine with buying RF glass only (which is also great but very pricey)

• @katecrabb1958
      @katecrabb1958 ปีที่แล้ว +2

@@Am3r1Kan0 I actually just upgraded from the xt20 to the xt5 so I thought I would give some input. The main reason I upgraded was for the weather sealing, the dual card slot and better low light performance. I started shooting weddings so those three things became way more important than in previous years. If you don't have a need/ desire for the three things I mentioned, then I would say the upgrade isn't worth it. The t5 does have IBIS which I thought was super important but I truthfully haven't noticed too much a difference in my results. Not to say there isn't one, but I didn't struggle with holding still before the upgrade and I also do not do wildlife photos which would make the IBIS much more of a selling point I think. I will also say the xt5 feels more "professional" and is bigger, which means for me, I don't have as much fun with it. It leaves me wanting a point and shoot type of camera that I an bring to parties or events. This is just my preference though and not a fault of the camera. I have dealt with that feeling by getting a point and shoot but I would argue the xt20 could have been that "point and shoot" camera if I had not traded it.
      Anyways, I hope this is helpful as I had a hard time finding anyone who had upgraded from the xt20 to the xt5. They are a huge leap in terms of tech specs and the t5 does preform better, without doubt, but it doesn't create better images, you create the images. I do recommend looking at lenses if you only have the kit lens. The newer lenses are what truly made the difference.

• @Am3r1Kan0
      @Am3r1Kan0 ปีที่แล้ว

@@katecrabb1958 Those three things are the main reason why I've been interested in upgrading. Especially the weather sealing and better low light capabilities. As for image stabilization or autofocusing I don't necessarily have a very big need for them seeing as though I usually focus manually anyways because I have a lot of vintage film camera lenses. As for a point and shoot I'll probably be looking into something a bit more compact anyways if I don't decide to keep the xt20, but the plan is to keep it until I decide whether I'd like to do something else with it. I'll probably just keep it for mostly travel photography.

• @katecrabb1958
      @katecrabb1958 ปีที่แล้ว

@@Am3r1Kan0 the xt20 does have auto focus but I also prefer manual unless of course at a wedding or event. But I had the exact same thoughts that you expressed here.

• @MichaelRusso
    @MichaelRusso ปีที่แล้ว

Computer upgrades were due to software out pacing hardware. Now computers are way ahead of software, so updating is due to hardware age. Digital camera's history is somewhat similar. Sensors have hit a level of development where upgrades are not as relevant.... Now it's, how to fit the right balance of design and function.

• @nigelbranchett7718
    @nigelbranchett7718 11 หลายเดือนก่อน

Olympus I have used since the early 2000 and a bit, loved the E-3, followed them thru MFT and they then jump ship, how do people moan at you I don't know why. I gave it one last go with OM1 returned after a week, so poor and I agree with you, BiF Camera, but I want to do more. I now have an X-T5 and some primes, I do like Fuji colours but not their zoom lenses! BTW I still have an Olympus E-1 that will remain with me, ergonomics have never been beaten by any camera and I have tried them, they got that right first time! A bit like the E-Type and Mini!!!

• @TL-xw6fh
    @TL-xw6fh ปีที่แล้ว +5

Well said Craig. We have been duped by marketing and envy. I still use a very old Nikon D200 and it is one of my favourite cameras. Wonderful colours and tonal gradation, better than even the modern cameras. Use what we have and focus on improving our skills with what we have.

• @davidharris4062
      @davidharris4062 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I still use mine, as well as my D800, I was left a Fuji XT2, still getting used to it, has produced some nice pictures

• @altern8ive
    @altern8ive ปีที่แล้ว

A good cure for GAS is realising you will always be 2-3 years behind a manufacturer's development and release roadmap :)

• @davidmurray5926
    @davidmurray5926 หลายเดือนก่อน

The ultimate click bait title there 🙄

• @andtheflyinglizard
    @andtheflyinglizard 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

i would take this fuji only for the added 5:4 and 4:3 aspect ratios