Best of Nissan Xtrail T31

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 13 มิ.ย. 2019
  • Collated some old footage from the mighty Nissan Xtrail because people seemed to enjoy the Xtrail videos. It was a great vehicle and for a while my only 4WD.

ความคิดเห็น • 92

• @MiguelLopez-fh7vx
    @MiguelLopez-fh7vx 4 ปีที่แล้ว +16

Amazing car, my dad has a 2011 in the same color and it is great, it’s comfortable in the city and a great off-roader

• @richardsanders2794
    @richardsanders2794 5 ปีที่แล้ว +19

I’m on my second X Trail T30 and a T31, love them. Here in the UK a more acceptable size of a 4x4 and very capable. X Trail and an Oztent makes for a great camping holiday! Great video!

• @MrBailsUK
      @MrBailsUK 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Petrol or diesel, looking at getting a T31, but cannot decide on engine.

• @MrJoshchill
    @MrJoshchill 4 ปีที่แล้ว +11

Our Xtrail has been passed on from my Father to me. 12 years in action and planning to have a paintjob and ceramics on it. Great SUV

• @davidjohn9006
    @davidjohn9006 3 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Thanks for the demo 👍🏼 got the late release of the 2010, auto petrol. Been fitting out for some serious travelling. Very pleased with this little beauty 👍🏼🇦🇺

• @Tellgio
    @Tellgio 3 ปีที่แล้ว +5

Just send it! Yewww! Love these Xtrails!

• @TerryT007
    @TerryT007 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Wow that was impressive

• @jungletoptop4200
    @jungletoptop4200 5 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Wah... X trail very strong from my expected...

• @dumisaninxumalo7574
    @dumisaninxumalo7574 4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

I own this car since 2017....one of the best.

• @hellohello8556
    @hellohello8556 2 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Little Rippa mate. You must have fallen in love with it doing a lap and performing the way it does. 👍

• @dustyoffroad4090
    @dustyoffroad4090  5 ปีที่แล้ว +6

Hi and thanks for your comment
    I did use lock often but as you would know when you go over 40kmh it would go into auto. It is a good 45min soft beach run to get to calcup hill so I did have to stop a couple of times due to the 4WD system running hot (sensing a difference in speed from front to rear) auto works well on the sand although any real challenge I engaged lock mode. When towing my caravan I used it in auto all the time, otherwise the front wheels would spin. This did hammer the rear diff clutch pack and it had noticeable play hence when on the beach working hard it would slip. Great vehicle

• @Hira9612
      @Hira9612 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

was this a diesel or a petrol XTrail??

• @dustyoffroad4090
    @dustyoffroad4090  5 ปีที่แล้ว +19

I don't have the Xtrail anymore but I did upgrade the tyres with Bridgestone AT 697 size 235/65R17 i think. I also lifted the vehicle with larger springs to stop the underneath hitting the sand and slowing it down. I had a steel fabricator make a 3-4mm bash plate for it to.

• @abhishekfunkstar
      @abhishekfunkstar 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi Dusty, I am considering one of these in diesel 2.0, what was yours running on?

• @dustyoffroad4090
      @dustyoffroad4090  4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Mines was a 2.5 petrol, I recon the diesel would be a good match with low down torque, just make sure first gear is short weather it’s manual or auto because there is no low range. You would want it to be very responsive off the mark during test drive. When in boggy sand she needs to be able to pull from low revs. I would like to test an auto diesel.

• @slobodank76
      @slobodank76 3 ปีที่แล้ว

what tyre pressure did you run it at? what roof racks did you run for RTT? cheers mate

• @dustyoffroad4090
      @dustyoffroad4090  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@slobodank76 hi Bob going up Calcup hill I went down to 9psi very low
      Roof racks were Nissan OEM

• @dustyoffroad4090
      @dustyoffroad4090  3 ปีที่แล้ว +3

@@slobodank76 generally 15psi is a good place to start on soft sand

• @s4060
    @s4060 ปีที่แล้ว

Good on ya!
    Get out there!

• @hermanfs164
    @hermanfs164 4 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Great video, I feel more confident now with my new T31, I was a bit esceptical. Forgot got mentioning I took mine to the beach using Auto only, no need of lock.

• @dustyoffroad4090
      @dustyoffroad4090  4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Thanks Sherman great vehicle just make sure you let your tyres down and raise the suspension.

• @amitsolanki84
    @amitsolanki84 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Nice video - is this diesel?

• @Serafim8
    @Serafim8 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Top top top j’ai le même Nissan Je adore.

• @yamato-xw1xw
    @yamato-xw1xw 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I like x-trail👍

• @GarDaniHu
    @GarDaniHu ปีที่แล้ว

Cool!

• @jims6614
    @jims6614 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Loved my 2005 T30. Got written off after a crash two days ago. :-(..... Looking for my next but used prices are crazy. Pretty much double the usual price.

• @ChatGPt2001
    @ChatGPt2001 ปีที่แล้ว

Best Nissan 2023

• @ironmind258
    @ironmind258 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

petrol diesel I have the same one same color thinking about getting a 2 inch lift

• @amitsolanki84
    @amitsolanki84 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Is she on same tyre size ? let me know what size if you have upgraded.

• @creciendoengracia8478
    @creciendoengracia8478 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Excelente SUV...

• @user-yp6hu8dr4f
    @user-yp6hu8dr4f 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

👍 а где брал такую палатку на крышу?

• @x.trailcwb1546
    @x.trailcwb1546 5 ปีที่แล้ว +7

Thanks for sharing this trip! Did you use "L" and lock all time in the sand?

• @dustyoffroad4090
      @dustyoffroad4090  4 ปีที่แล้ว +6

No because lock actively applies the brakes so I only used it when presented with a challenge, otherwise auto works well. I did have to stop a couple of times on the beach run due to flashing 4WD light which means the rear diff was starting to slip but I had towed a caravan in auto a lot which had worn the rear diff clutch pack

• @mocambicanonoyoutube
    @mocambicanonoyoutube 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Altamente, bom carro.

• @jessppybus
    @jessppybus 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Yewww! Love this, I have a 2013 petrol. Looking to take it on the beach in a couple weeks so this has instilled some confidence in me.. Looks like speed and momentum is your friend. Is your vehicle stock standard or have you added any mods? Cheers :)

• @surathshrestha7908
    @surathshrestha7908 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

is it good to buy xtrail 2006 disel 2.0 ???? 75k run till now....... give me best advice

• @atomikmaster1
    @atomikmaster1 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Well done 👏🏿 imagine the 4wd model in the Nissan 😂
    The little engine that could.

• @CeylonDiary
    @CeylonDiary 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Current Vehicle vehicle we are using and we loves X trail... but I really dont understand what doing with xtrail when its drag down word with another jeep can any one explain it to us...

• @azmisalleh6465
    @azmisalleh6465 5 ปีที่แล้ว +9

dont underestimated Xtrail.......... lol

• @stubbk3
    @stubbk3 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Seriously thinking about getting one of these versions of xtrail as my daily and explore vehicle.

• @dustyoffroad4090
      @dustyoffroad4090  5 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi there, the 2.5lt petrol with the CVT is good but will struggle to reverse is really soft sand. I would love to try the diesel auto MR20 I think the engine is. I think this engine may work better in really soft sand but I haven’t owned one. Try ask someone that has. These vehicles need a lift, a bash plate and some goods tyres.

• @arijverkaik6473
      @arijverkaik6473 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I own the diesel that’s called the M9R with lots of torque 360 nm starts to kick in at 2000 rpm !
      A little more engine noise compared to the gasoline version but a lot more power where you need it
      Whenever you need it ;)

• @JWahyudi
    @JWahyudi 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Wow...

• @kylelebron631
    @kylelebron631 4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Thanks for the review, Which engine and transmission did this one have ?

• @dustyoffroad4090
      @dustyoffroad4090  4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Hi there, it had the 2.5 petrol with the CVT transmission

• @kylelebron631
      @kylelebron631 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Dusty Offroad thanks man !

• @blackhunter9306
    @blackhunter9306 ปีที่แล้ว

Xtrail 👍👍👍💪💪💪

• @Serafim8
    @Serafim8 2 ปีที่แล้ว

What tires for thé xtrail?

• @olegturov1920
    @olegturov1920 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

владею дизель т31 отличный авто

• @MaxwellPuffdaddy
    @MaxwellPuffdaddy 3 ปีที่แล้ว

How long did you have it for? Did you ever have any issues with the cvt? I'm considering getting one but I've read some horror stories

• @dustyoffroad4090
      @dustyoffroad4090  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Hi Ryan I had it for about 4 years and traveled about 80,000kms. I did not have any issues with the CVT even though I towed a 2t caravan. Not to say it wouldn’t have had some issues later in life. I would just check CVT oil condition and test drive for any noise, CVT’s seem to start making noise when you take the throttle off. Hope this helps

• @jyethoeung4124
    @jyethoeung4124 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

auto or manual if its an auto it has done a madness with a cvt

• @dustyoffroad4090
      @dustyoffroad4090  4 ปีที่แล้ว

It’ was an auto petrol a bit hard to get moving in reverse in soft sand

• @dls2004
    @dls2004 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Great Video haven't been game enough to take my 2011 Nissan Xtrail Ti off road. I guess its a T31?

• @dustyoffroad4090
      @dustyoffroad4090  5 ปีที่แล้ว +5

Yes it is a T31 with a great traction system called active brake limited slip. This system applies the brakes to the wheel that is spinning when in lock mode.

• @dls2004
      @dls2004 5 ปีที่แล้ว

@@dustyoffroad4090 Cool.

• @123fourfive5
    @123fourfive5 5 ปีที่แล้ว +4

And it uses half the fuel of the other petrol in the group.

• @user-qg4cx7fg1k
    @user-qg4cx7fg1k 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Хорошая техника при правильной эксплуатации . но только праворульная!!! Владею 3 года 2012 года выпуска

• @AlexBuznik
    @AlexBuznik 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Amazing sand performance. Which tires did you have?

• @dustyoffroad4090
      @dustyoffroad4090  2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Hi Alex, I had commented on the tyres in a previous reply that will have more details, but from memory they were Bridgestone 235/65R17 I think.

• @AlexBuznik
      @AlexBuznik 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@dustyoffroad4090 , I see, thanks!

• @jenrique8618
    @jenrique8618 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Hola, tengo Nissan Xtrail T31 2008
    2.5 4x4 Gasolina
    Manual QR25DE
    Levante las 2 llantas para ver si las llantas traccionan con LOCK,
    pero solo se movian las 2 llantas delanteras q estaban en el aire
    Y las traseras no traccionaban en el piso

• @fahymamani9896
    @fahymamani9896 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Yo tambien tengo un nisan xatail

• @diegoenriquefleck2355
    @diegoenriquefleck2355 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi i m considering to buy one with at least 150000 kms on it, did you have any problem with cvt transmission, cause i lived zona where you have uphills and downhills, with some off road dificulties and snow, i m thinking in the worst scenario of towing a cars friend uphill, and i considering this version 2.5 cvt tekna, thanks :)

• @dustyoffroad4090
      @dustyoffroad4090  2 ปีที่แล้ว

I sold mine with less than 100000kms so no issues for me

• @jerrynocon5198
    @jerrynocon5198 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Is it possible to fit LSD or locker on rear ?

• @dustyoffroad4090
      @dustyoffroad4090  4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Not that I am aware of but in lock mode it does apply the brakes to the spinning wheel as you will be able to see in some of my videos. This feature works well and reduces the risk of broken c/v or axles

• @johncalland4769
    @johncalland4769 2 ปีที่แล้ว

What tyre pressure and what tyres just stock?

• @dustyoffroad4090

Hi John
      9 PSI on Calcup although generally 14psi
      Tyres were bigger Bridgestone AT I have posted the size before can I ask you to review other reply’s because I cannot remember 😀

• @rossawood5075
    @rossawood5075 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

The 2 liter diesel has more torque than the 2 petrol engines, great for sand and has the heavier duty 6 speed conventional auto gearbox not a CVT.

• @r-spec715
    @r-spec715 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Such a underestimated car! If they have more ground clearance that’s the only thing that slows them down 👌

• @kevinpicur7739
    @kevinpicur7739 ปีที่แล้ว

2.0 petrol or 2.0 diesel?(which ine is better and WHY?)😊

• @dustyoffroad4090
      @dustyoffroad4090  ปีที่แล้ว +1

Hi Kevin mine was a 2.5 petrol and had good power, I have driven the diesel and it felt great but haven’t tried it off-road. I am sure it would be good

• @tony-qj3yk
    @tony-qj3yk 2 ปีที่แล้ว

What was your fuel consumption towing the van

• @dustyoffroad4090

Hi Tony, from memory it was about 17lts per 100kms
      Pretty good considering the weight of the Van as it the full 2,000kg when loaded

• @tony-qj3yk
      @tony-qj3yk 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thanks dusty. Reading some of your replies that the diff clutch was slipping a bit is understandable after pulling 2t. Coming from a coaster (18lt/100) to a xtrail I’ve been contemplating either getting a van or just going with the xtrail to keep it simple. I think I’ll stick to decking out the car for travelling as I am enjoying the 8.3lt/100 I’m getting now. Plus I’m a solo traveler. Watching your video (and others) helped me decide on getting the xtrail t31 2.5 petrol manual. Cheers

• @dustyoffroad4090
    @dustyoffroad4090  5 ปีที่แล้ว +9

No it’s a petrol 2.5 with CVT

• @stubbk3
      @stubbk3 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Is the petrol better than diesel. Not sure what engine and spec to look for .??

• @sergeykott1446
      @sergeykott1446 ปีที่แล้ว

As like me, 2.5 cvt is the best complectation👍

• @richard.alekseev
      @richard.alekseev 10 หลายเดือนก่อน

​@@sergeykott1446i think 2,5 with MT or 2.0 diesel with AT is better

• @edwinalexander1170
      @edwinalexander1170 7 หลายเดือนก่อน

@richietmn It is true CVT are weak transmission with slippage gears with whinning noise.Their transmission are subject to overheating and getting to limp mode especially after on long journeys.

• @dustyoffroad4090
      @dustyoffroad4090  7 หลายเดือนก่อน

@@edwinalexander1170 hi I had no issues with the CVT, the 4WD system did overheat during prolonged sand work but that may be as a result of towing a lot in AWD. The rear diff is activated by a clutch pack and when the back wheels are spinning at a different speed from the front it indicates slippage and the 4WD system flashes.

• @Oscar-lc1lv
    @Oscar-lc1lv 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Why did you have to get skull dragged at the end?

• @dustyoffroad4090
      @dustyoffroad4090  2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Hi Oscar, the beach was on quite an angle and a vehicle stopped in front (bogged) and when I tried to start again it started to slide down the bank. So I decided to get recovered rather than slide closer to the water

• @Luizin87
    @Luizin87 3 ปีที่แล้ว

This motor ? Hp? 180 HP?

• @dustyoffroad4090
      @dustyoffroad4090  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi It had a 2.5lt petrol engine with a CVT not sure on HP sorry

• @user-vh6gq5jc7l
    @user-vh6gq5jc7l 5 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Х-трейл рулит!

• @EdwinDonner
    @EdwinDonner 2 ปีที่แล้ว

What engine

• @dustyoffroad4090

2.5lt petrol with CVT the engine you can hear in the video is my brothers patrol

• @bossofthenet6482
    @bossofthenet6482 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Holy crap that music is annoying.