Okay fine, I bought a f@$%ing Aimpoint T2

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 21 ส.ค. 2024
  • Aimpoint's position in the market is increasingly threatened by more agile companies like SIG and Holosun. The T2 may be way behind the curve but quality control never goes out of style.
    Support this channel on SubscribeStar to offset the cost of Aimpoint products:
    www.subscribes...
    Amazon Affiliate links for your consideration:
    amzn.to/3yNmN9d - You know, you could always just buy the Romeo 4 XT Pro...
    amzn.to/3ZVzdro - Given how much the T2 costs by itself, you might as well buy from Scalarworks and essentially get a free mount

ความคิดเห็น • 1K

• @BlueLoneWolf54
    @BlueLoneWolf54 ปีที่แล้ว +1188

Wow it's so boring it even drained you of most of your snark.

• @ElTejon47901
      @ElTejon47901 ปีที่แล้ว +16

Nooooo!

• @Win7ermu7e
      @Win7ermu7e ปีที่แล้ว +19

I think you mean Snark™

• @chizorama
      @chizorama 8 หลายเดือนก่อน

Damn, a design so good that...

• @BrassFacts
    @BrassFacts ปีที่แล้ว +1720

The irony is poetic.
    Hop loves his favorite optic, but it's too boring and thus never bought one.
    Hop hates LPVOs, but keeps buying them because they're interesting
    I give it 4 months till he sells it.
    SIP FROG.

• @Hoplopfheil
      @Hoplopfheil  ปีที่แล้ว +653

WTS Aimpoint T2 450

• @toddinfl
      @toddinfl ปีที่แล้ว +28

Feels good man.

• @BlueLoneWolf54
      @BlueLoneWolf54 ปีที่แล้ว +25

@@Hoplopfheil Don't let Starve know.

• @hunterterrell9930
      @hunterterrell9930 ปีที่แล้ว +24

You should get into reviewing more armor

• @wonderloaf
      @wonderloaf ปีที่แล้ว +8

@@Hoplopfheil Is this still for sale?

• @markhansen9735
    @markhansen9735 ปีที่แล้ว +537

There are literally two types of people in this world.
    *T2 or nothing
    *How can they charge so much for a red dot

• @A14275
      @A14275 ปีที่แล้ว +7

😂 Nailed it!

• @breckfreeride
      @breckfreeride ปีที่แล้ว +35

Yup... 800 for a dot is enough for a decent 2 day class...

• @pewpewTN
      @pewpewTN ปีที่แล้ว +41

I'd prefer to spend the 800 getting an EOTech for the rifle & have enough left over for an extra pistol optic.

• @markhansen9735
      @markhansen9735 ปีที่แล้ว +17

@@pewpewTN i was able to snag an exps3 for $625 on a sale and tossed it on a Unity riser. All in I was at 725. I’m a firm believer just buy what you want even if it means spending a few more bucks. I grew up playing modern warfare 2 so I will forever be an eotech fan boy. Luckily they are a smidge cheaper than aimpoint

• @jth_printed_designs
      @jth_printed_designs ปีที่แล้ว +30

When an Eotech Exps3 with magnifier brand new is under $1k, that $850 price seems ridiculous.

• @klinec38
    @klinec38 ปีที่แล้ว +185

Best Aimpoint "I've had my fun, but now I'm ready to settle" T2 review ever.

• @MAWA2024
    @MAWA2024 ปีที่แล้ว +627

I love Hop's reviews. I really don't care what it is he's talking about, I just like the way that he does it.

• @Splarkszter
      @Splarkszter ปีที่แล้ว +12

yeah, he could be talking gibberish and i'll be watching it anyway.

• @cobrajack-official
      @cobrajack-official ปีที่แล้ว +12

I'm just here for the witty quips 🥱

• @alepepperoni2563
      @alepepperoni2563 ปีที่แล้ว +5

I'm here for the bussy

• @smokingcrab2290
      @smokingcrab2290 ปีที่แล้ว +4

His style makes me want to watch. He gets to the point. He's articulate and concise.

• @Throndl
      @Throndl ปีที่แล้ว +2

Insert Marge Simpson meme: "I just think he's neat." lol

• @InvidiousIgnoramus
    @InvidiousIgnoramus ปีที่แล้ว +856

Holosun Knock-off.

• @dmitrykarkov4747
      @dmitrykarkov4747 ปีที่แล้ว +28

If it’s used, I’m going for the Aimpoint tho

• @AlexanderEddy
      @AlexanderEddy ปีที่แล้ว +14

Based

• @whomagoose6897
      @whomagoose6897 11 หลายเดือนก่อน +24

Holosun knock off? Aimpoint created the red-dot back in the 1980's. Developed CERT technology so all Aimpoint red-dots have a 5 year battery life. Starting with the M-3 or ML-3 model. Not one Holosun has that kind of battery life. All finishes on Aimpoint red-dot optics are better than Holosun's anodized coatings. You get what you pay for. Chinese made Holosun's just don't cut it.

• @AlexanderEddy
      @AlexanderEddy 11 หลายเดือนก่อน

@@whomagoose6897 Ladies and gentlemen, we got him

• @RailRoad188
      @RailRoad188 11 หลายเดือนก่อน +134

​@@whomagoose6897whoosh 🙄

• @magniankh
    @magniankh ปีที่แล้ว +89

"People who have never been outside before will tell you that weight doesn't matter." 🤣 Never change, Hop. This is part of why your reviews are so good, you just call it like it is.

• @fujimi715
      @fujimi715 ปีที่แล้ว +6

He's right though. People that think the weight of your rifle and gear doesn't matter haven't ever trained..I used to think that too, till I actually started training....

• @JG54206
    @JG54206 ปีที่แล้ว +368

Managing to strip a flat head screw is a feat in and of itself…. But managing to strip a flathead screw that is a turret adjustment on a gun sight is just insane. It’s not like it’s under a lot of torque.

• @natsuccubus
      @natsuccubus ปีที่แล้ว +62

pretty sure bushnell rds turret caps are made of the softest metals known to man. but still didnt strip them lol

• @zendell37
      @zendell37 ปีที่แล้ว +71

It's a mix of brass and cottage cheese.
      But seriously though, people ruin turret cap screws because humans are terrible.

• @Fadaar
      @Fadaar ปีที่แล้ว +9

never messed with Zenitco stuff have you? i HATE their screws

• @platapus112
      @platapus112 ปีที่แล้ว +17

@@Fadaar that's cause they are made of stalinium

• @JG54206
      @JG54206 ปีที่แล้ว +32

@@Fadaar I haven’t lol. Bad? I’ve messed with some seriously questionable hardware on cars, lawn mowers and small equipment. Some was even from the factory. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again… flat head and Phillips head screws have no place on a car or anything that requires serious torque. Look at them wrong and they strip.

• @dodgersfnshepard8673
    @dodgersfnshepard8673 ปีที่แล้ว +120

Hop has become a standard of knowledge and frankly how most guys think. Why companies are worried about having a hop approved stamp on their products astounds me

• @jaeger1447
      @jaeger1447 ปีที่แล้ว +8

The industry, like others, functions on who you know and what polite lies you're willing to tell on behalf of the next guy

• @breckfreeride
      @breckfreeride ปีที่แล้ว +4

They don't want to be lumped in with Taurus! But if it works it works... Better yet if it's 90% as good and is less than 1/4 the price you'd have to be a hard core larper to buy the thing. Hops YT check must have finally arrived!

• @pehenry
    @pehenry ปีที่แล้ว +106

23 year old anecdote here. When I was issued an M68 (whatever Aimpoint that was), as a lefty that rheostat wheel was constantly rubbing on my gear and turning off and or on the dot.

• @WesMerc
      @WesMerc ปีที่แล้ว +16

Comp m2 probably

• @fearlessleader8623
      @fearlessleader8623 ปีที่แล้ว

Your fault for being a lefty!

• @DustinS.
      @DustinS. ปีที่แล้ว +6

Comp M2 or Comp M4 depending upon battery (m2 is 1/3n and m4 is AA battery)

• @pehenry
      @pehenry ปีที่แล้ว +10

@@DustinS. It def was not a AA. I am guessing it was the M2 then.

• @ZhuWrong
      @ZhuWrong ปีที่แล้ว +18

That's the fun part of the M68. They are all the M68 CCO. Not M68, M68A1, M68A2. They are the M68.

• @luckygunnerx30
    @luckygunnerx30 ปีที่แล้ว +129

The price is absolutely ridiculous on T2’s but I still have and love mine

• @TROY-MCCLURE-1991
    @TROY-MCCLURE-1991 ปีที่แล้ว +127

Foward Control Designs make aftermarket turret caps for the T1/T2 that enables people to use flat head screw drivers and you don’t need to remove them to adjust.

• @kilroy5166
      @kilroy5166 ปีที่แล้ว +27

@@timrobinson6573 He says 1 minute into the video he paid $850

• @TROY-MCCLURE-1991
      @TROY-MCCLURE-1991 ปีที่แล้ว +43

@@timrobinson6573 where do you find these sucker prices? They’re $650 on EuroOptic. With a pic mount.

• @RONIN_SATS
      @RONIN_SATS ปีที่แล้ว +31

@@timrobinson6573 Oh, its you again, providing useful comments to help people. If you are not going to add something of benefit to the discussion why are you even here? Aimpoints are no where near $1200. I bought mine for around $650. They can be found with good mounts for around $800.

• @TheBigOne0305
      @TheBigOne0305 ปีที่แล้ว +6

@@RONIN_SATS Cheapest I can find them for here in Germany is 900-950 EUR without a mount or 1k+ with a mount (that's 950-1100 USD). So thank you, but I'm sticking to my Holosuns. The HS403 (which basically has the same features as the T2 with just the dot and no solar backup or any of that fancy stuff) can be had for just over 200 EUR. So given the choice of buying one T2 or four to five Holosuns (which functionally are the exact same for a civilian user that isn't jumping out of planes or doing beach assaults), I'll go with the Holosuns any day.

• @RONIN_SATS
      @RONIN_SATS ปีที่แล้ว +8

@@TheBigOne0305 I own and use Holosun as well. They are descent optics and nothing wrong with that. I have more Holosun than I do Aimpoint but that does not change the fact that my Aimpoint is better than my Holosun. For casual shooting, Holosun is fine, maybe preferred. But for hard use or end-of-times scenario, I would choose the Aimpoint 1000X over the Holosun. This is not a dig, just my opinion. My advice was to use Holosun (or some others) but maybe save up and purchase an Aimpoint so you can get info for yourself. Hey, if you don't like the Aimpoint you can easily sell it as there is a huge demand for used Aimpoint products. Cheers mate.

• @SD1Airsoft
    @SD1Airsoft ปีที่แล้ว +45

The spanner turret 100% seems like Aimpoint trying to separate themselves from cheaper products to seem more exclusive, like DD's marketing photos with the vert grip all the way forward.

• @No-mq5lw
      @No-mq5lw ปีที่แล้ว +2

Spanners are a security screw. It's definitely entering F-U.

• @bigpapi6688
      @bigpapi6688 4 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Those DD photos have always bothered me lol. It’s not even really a vert grip, they’re too stubby. It’s more like a handstop, so it’s like they expect anyone with bigger hands to be gripping the flash hider😂

• @chud1858
    @chud1858 ปีที่แล้ว +13

The theory with the end caps is the both eyes open aiming concept. With both eyes open, you don’t need a transparent objective lens cover. This also has additional benefits, like
    1. Leave the brightness on a low setting to conserve battery life.
    2. Still visible during the day since the solid objective lens cap prevents the sun from washing out the dot.
    3. Already on a low setting, so it’s just drop the cap and turn on your NODs for night vision use.
    4. Some red dots produce a visible red glow (depending on brightness setting) when looking at them from downrange. A solid objective cover prevents anyone from seeing your red dot when powered on.

• @quiettime6871
    @quiettime6871 ปีที่แล้ว +13

Note: I bought the Scalarworks combo and they included the spanner as well as a T10 torx and a lens pen as well. The mount is absolutely beautiful 😍

• @gilbertwilson9093
      @gilbertwilson9093 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

It's a peice of aluminum?? It's just your basic t1/t2 riser. I don't see how that's beautiful lol.

• @willh2739
    @willh2739 ปีที่แล้ว +25

6:25 I think that video games may be one of, if not the biggest reason, for the focus on optic FOV, at least in online discussion. Obviously that's stupid, but I wouldn't underestimate just how ubiquitous the one-eyed digital sight picture is in common consciousness. I wouldn't underestimate how much that could be skewing some online discussions. As far as I am aware no game simulates this, obviously excepting VR. Some games defocus the rear sight, or optic housing, and that's about it.

• @Baqization
      @Baqization ปีที่แล้ว +4

Its Tarkovs fault

• @alexmaurice4274
      @alexmaurice4274 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Tbh yeah I can see that. After watching more videos like this and shooting more I see it’s not really a big deal; but playing cod and other games growing up u always want the biggest fov red dot because u kinda only down one eye in a game. So I definitely think it probably impacted the discussion and focus on fov as I know many gun games r or were gamers when younger especially the younger generation I feel.

• @triptideom
    @triptideom ปีที่แล้ว +12

I’ve been following all the firearm TH-camrs for a li’l over 10 years(when this hillbilly finally broke down and got internets). I’ve only just discovered you a few months ago, but, right next to Mark and Sam After Work, this is the best content on the webs. From one persnickity fella to another, well done.

• @freneticfanatic
    @freneticfanatic ปีที่แล้ว +14

Hop, your review of the MRO was a revelation of how bad it actually is. I got rid of it and got a T2 with a Geissele 1.93 mount for like 800 a while ago and haven't looked back.
    It's hilarious to see you make the same transition that you started me on.
    Edited to correct mistakes.

• @lustejon
    @lustejon ปีที่แล้ว +28

Your sentiment towards this optic is the exact sentiment I have towards Glocks

• @0214Bub
    @0214Bub ปีที่แล้ว +40

Well said. The T2 is arguably Aimpoint's best overall optic and it is rather boring, but it does its job well.

• @MellowFellowOfYellow
      @MellowFellowOfYellow ปีที่แล้ว +23

Boring is extremely underrated when you just need something to work every single time.

• @forrest225
      @forrest225 ปีที่แล้ว +2

@@MellowFellowOfYellow Yup, all of my go to guns have "boring" optics on them. ACOG on the AR, T2 on the VHS-2, MRO on the scorpion. I don't care about "new and exciting" I care about not worring about my optic.

• @pewpewTN
      @pewpewTN ปีที่แล้ว +1

​@@forrest225 I don't find the ACOG boring at all.
      It's just been around for a long time.

• @nathanskupowski4726
      @nathanskupowski4726 ปีที่แล้ว

When you say boring, what do you mean, like are you saying you can just get it, slap it on, and then forget about it because it will always be there when you need it and you don’t have to think about it?

• @0214Bub
      @0214Bub ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@nathanskupowski4726 It's just a simple 2 MOA red dot sight with a twist on and off dial. No multiple reticles, no up or down buttoms, and comes with a red dot and no other colors to my knowledge.

• @IFarmBugs
    @IFarmBugs ปีที่แล้ว +7

6:40 I just love the feeling of having a crosshair on my screen irl using the T-2 both eyes open, glad you mentioned this.

• @SuspiciousGanymede
    @SuspiciousGanymede ปีที่แล้ว +7

I'm conscious of my tube diameter but it seems to work and I don't hear any complaints. Sure, I wouldn't mind a larger tube but I'm just fine with mine.

• @s1urry381
    @s1urry381 ปีที่แล้ว +100

The Aimpoint T2. The 350 Chevy of optics. It works. Nothing else to say.

• @wonderloaf
    @wonderloaf ปีที่แล้ว +71

I'm going to buy an aimpoint now - You have influenced me.

• @breckfreeride
      @breckfreeride ปีที่แล้ว +1

Used maybe... 800 bucks no thanks

• @fisherchanKSK
      @fisherchanKSK ปีที่แล้ว +2

T2 window is kind small,so i choose M2 and Pro, it really great and cheap.

• @AncientMorbidity1991
      @AncientMorbidity1991 6 หลายเดือนก่อน

​@@breckfreeride Got one recently for 650 from Big Tex Ordnance.

• @Castigar48
      @Castigar48 4 หลายเดือนก่อน

​@@fisherchanKSKif u had to pick between the to money no object. Which one😊

• @diet_dr.demoncore
    @diet_dr.demoncore ปีที่แล้ว +11

I bought a t2 back in 2014, it's been on 4 different guns since then
    I still hate the turrets with a passion

• @HatchBackLove27
    @HatchBackLove27 ปีที่แล้ว +11

It has always been a struggle for me to look into one of these when I have several Romeo5s sitting on my pcc's or my ARs and never had a hiccup or issue ever. I have beat the crap out of my Sig and Holosun optics without issues. So picking up a sturdy reddot for 100-200 bucks will never let me pay 6-800.

• @RickJamesGhostGuns
      @RickJamesGhostGuns 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

I agree, but I just bought an Aimpoint H2 because it was one of the few optics that ultimak recommends for their AK gas tube rail. They say that the rail gets so hot under rapid fire that they can fry other optics. I've never had any trouble with my Romeo 5's and trust them completely trust them on my AR's and Pcc, but I don't know if they could handle the heat of the ultimak.

• @wesleyezell2361
      @wesleyezell2361 หลายเดือนก่อน

The big difference is the dot clarity with a magnifier no comparison

• @HatchBackLove27
      @HatchBackLove27 28 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

@@wesleyezell2361 I run a magnifier on my primary rifle and have zero issues with dot clarity. Everything is crisp and clear.

• @SuperSlayer76
    @SuperSlayer76 ปีที่แล้ว +9

8:51 I had the same realization a few months back when looking for a new red dot - battery life is so good, shake awake is just one more thing that can break.
    Ended up buying a PA microprism for the etched reticle anyway.

• @DBravo29er
    @DBravo29er ปีที่แล้ว +20

Love my old T1 and My T2 on Scalar 1.93. Another vote for the T2; it gets considerably brighter than a Comp M5. Much better for daylight.
    I change my batteries every two years.
    Oh and I have several Holosun and PA red dots. Solid for the price. I'm happy with them. They aren't Aimpoints.

• @CxS_Nico
      @CxS_Nico ปีที่แล้ว +2

After owning a few CompM5 s I've come to the theory that Aimpoint fixed the brightness on the newer models and gave them a nicer finish. Mine gets just as bright as my T2's. I have an older Comp M5 and it isn't as bright as my new one. The older one has more of a matte finish and the newer one looks more glossy.

• @DBravo29er
      @DBravo29er ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@CxS_Nico Understood. I've got a buddy who just grabbed an M5 from EuroOptics. Still much dimmer than my T2. Production variability or maybe EO is working through some older inventory?

• @SeeMzFTW
    @SeeMzFTW ปีที่แล้ว +8

the apocalypse is going to start when hop smiles for the first time in his life

• @MannElite
    @MannElite ปีที่แล้ว +14

I thought I'd be worried about CR2032's but when I bought a RDS that uses them, I found out theyre only like 50 cents a pop, not nearly as bad as CR123

• @almostontimehero5415
      @almostontimehero5415 ปีที่แล้ว +7

CR2032 optics last years.
      CR123 optics last hours... despite the CR123 battery being bigger, stronger and more expensive. Doesn't make sense to my low IQ.

• @MannElite
      @MannElite ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@almostontimehero5415 I don't even own CR123 optics, I just know from illuminators and flashlights, those buggers are expensive and don't last super long, CR2032's are cheap! I don't have any reserves about using them anymore.

• @talltale9760
      @talltale9760 ปีที่แล้ว +10

@@almostontimehero5415 because eotechs require a fuckload of power since it’s a true holo sight instead of a regular ole red dot

• @tf201
    @tf201 ปีที่แล้ว +14

It’s my favorite red dot. But I run NVGs so the extra money seemed worth it. My next Aimpoint will be the Duty RDS

• @mr.adventure6507
      @mr.adventure6507 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Did you ever pick up the Duty RDS? I’m very interested in it but can’t decide between it the Aimpoint PRO, Holosun AEMS or Romeo 4T. What are your thoughts?

• @mattr2
      @mattr2 10 หลายเดือนก่อน

@@mr.adventure6507did you decide what to go with? Looking at similar optics myself and can’t decide

• @baronvonsnazzy3355
    @baronvonsnazzy3355 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Welcome, we have been waiting for you to arrive.

• @ClaymoreClay101
    @ClaymoreClay101 ปีที่แล้ว +53

I could be wrong, but I could have sworn that the Aimpoint T2 started out with both end caps being transparent and then switching over to have only the rear end cap be transparent.

• @freneticfanatic
      @freneticfanatic ปีที่แล้ว +24

Thank you for saying "could have" in instead of defiling yourself by saying "could of"

• @prmoore11
      @prmoore11 ปีที่แล้ว +12

I think it’s actually a good thing. You can use it occluded when a white light may wash out the dot at close range.

• @donalddicorcia2433
      @donalddicorcia2433 ปีที่แล้ว +5

How do you feel about could’ve?

• @MellowFellowOfYellow
      @MellowFellowOfYellow ปีที่แล้ว

They’ve changed it around over the years. Sometimes it’s both solid, one clear, or both clear.

• @TheSwoopDog
      @TheSwoopDog ปีที่แล้ว +2

@@MellowFellowOfYellow and you can buy the transparent cap directly from them, it's not expensive (like 20 bucks?) but it's annoying that they don't ship it that way, since I think it's what most people prefer.

• @tristenwilliams1943
    @tristenwilliams1943 ปีที่แล้ว +5

I got a sig Romeo 5 for my larp cannon, I definitely don’t regret paying $130 for close enough performance. Especially since I don’t have night vision 🤷‍♂️

• @Deezle_Gaming
    @Deezle_Gaming ปีที่แล้ว +1

Fellow PNW resident, been watching you forever trying to see if I could recognize any of your shooting locations. I finally recognize the location at 11:39!

• @sickvendetta9
    @sickvendetta9 ปีที่แล้ว +3

No BS I was literally going back and forth between getting this or a holosun - the Same day I decided you dropped this video not even an hour later.
    The algorithm is starting to go inverse

• @travisolexa3074
    @travisolexa3074 ปีที่แล้ว +18

There is one benefit to the CompM5 not noted. Aimpoint changed the laser diode setups on the CompM5 and ACRO P2 to be a more efficient, lower power requiring system. My understanding is that, unlike the older aimpoints, the new system doesn't require the masking of the laser to create the dot but instead uses 100% of the laser. For my astigmatism the starburst I experience is very diminished with the compM5 and I assume that has something to do with how the shape of the dot is being created.

• @Hoplopfheil
      @Hoplopfheil  ปีที่แล้ว +24

I've heard that speculated before but I have never seen a real source to indicate that it's true. SIG is pretty up front about their switch to point source emitters for better efficiency and dot clarity, but I've never seen Aimpoint make the claim that the emitter tech in the M5 and newer dots is different. It doesn't look any different and doesn't give them longer advertised battery life, if that's the case. Considering how much more juice is in even an Alkaline AAA vs a CR2032, the Comp M5 has the same 50k hour battery life rating. That doesn't suggest improved efficiency to me.

• @ajsomp
      @ajsomp ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@Hoplopfheil if you use a lithium aaa the life increases nearly doubles. Fairly confident that’s actually what Scalarworks recommends when they send out their package deals

• @Hoplopfheil
      @Hoplopfheil  ปีที่แล้ว

​@@ajsomp A high quality lithium AAA should have about 50 percent more energy than a typical alkaline so that sounds about right if they measure base batt life with an alkaline (which according to their website they seem to).

• @travisolexa3074
      @travisolexa3074 ปีที่แล้ว

@@Hoplopfheil You're not wrong there. I've mostly heard of the improved emitters when the ACRO P2 was discussed, that one jumped from 10k to 50k battery life. I believed speculation on the compM5 because the dot looked very similar in clarity to the ACRO P2.

• @jo1948
    @jo1948 ปีที่แล้ว +7

5:25 I will say that with the clear fronts engaged you still have the possibility of giving off a significant amount of scope glint. I know because I thought the solid front caps were pointless too and bought the clears. What I would like is if they came out with some type of minimalist kill flash. The honeycomb style is too obstructive for me to like on a 1x

• @turnitdowntyler
      @turnitdowntyler ปีที่แล้ว +3

That’s interesting. I always gave Holosun kudos for including a kill flash and solid caps on the 515GT. But they have since phased out the solid caps in exchange for the clear. The issue is the honeycomb killflash obscures light transmission even more so on the less than ideal low light transmission of the glass. I wonder if that’s why Aimpoint doesn’t include them..

• @vicnighthorse
    @vicnighthorse ปีที่แล้ว +13

I suppose that in combat and things related to it, boring is good.

• @jpk9171jpk
    @jpk9171jpk ปีที่แล้ว +5

I use one of the new sig 4t’s that seems to have been updated combined with the acss magnifier. Good nv performance, great battery life, bdc and the magnifier give me acss ranging.

• @oskar6661
    @oskar6661 ปีที่แล้ว +8

I still have an Aimpoint T1 (4 MOA) which served for 15,000 rounds on my AK-RD build (mounted on an Ultimak gas tube) over the course of...around ten years. When originally purchased I stripped the optic's screw interface while trying to swap to a new mount. Aimpoint replaced it free of charge (and indicated in our phone conversation that they stripped several of them out while setting up a SHOT Show display). I guess the price you pay for soft aluminum bodies - an issue that probably remains?. However, once replaced I'm still running the same old T1. It's now been moved to a LEAP mount and serving on another rifle. I did actually get five years of constant on from my last battery. I have several Holosuns on my other rifles, but in a bad situation, I'd probably make sure the Aimpoint was the one I had on my fighting gun. I don't have the money (or the desire) to throw an $800 optic on every long gun I own. My old T1 was fortunately only $450 or so when I got it. Aimpoint does make a good product. I don't know if I'd pay $800+ for another one though. That's serious dough for a dot.

• @ACESHOT1O1
      @ACESHOT1O1 ปีที่แล้ว +1

The truth of the matter is every gun you have doesn’t really need “the best” on it. If you have 5 ar’s and 4 of them are just range toys i don’t think anyone should care if the toys have holosun or other cheap optics. Just whatever is your “if i have to use something I’m grabbing X” get good stuff. Atleast that’s my rule

• @DBravo29er
      @DBravo29er ปีที่แล้ว +1

I have had a T1 on my duty gun since 2013. Love it. The T2 has heli-coil inserts in the body.

• @oskar6661
      @oskar6661 ปีที่แล้ว

@@ACESHOT1O1 Yep, that's pretty much how I roll.

• @Fightosaurus
    @Fightosaurus ปีที่แล้ว +11

Comp M4 here for my short boi, can’t complain but the T2 weight is appealing. Maybe I’ll do both and run the T2 at 45 😅

• @kxkxkxkx
      @kxkxkxkx ปีที่แล้ว +4

I cowitness a comp m2 with a comp m4s 😉

• @breckfreeride
      @breckfreeride ปีที่แล้ว

At least it's not on your elcan rig as left and right 45 offsets.

• @Fightosaurus
      @Fightosaurus ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@breckfreeride Ah, the “ambidextrous canted” configuration 🤣

• @taracor2000
    @taracor2000 ปีที่แล้ว +4

As a left eye dominant shooter -- T2 has last stuff in front of your non-dominant eye than the Comp M5. That was the biggest deciding factor for me.

• @MF_UNDERTOW
    @MF_UNDERTOW ปีที่แล้ว +45

Watching Hop run is almost as funny as watching Lucas run

• @shuriken2505
      @shuriken2505 ปีที่แล้ว +7

Hop hops

• @Jake-nz3nl
      @Jake-nz3nl ปีที่แล้ว +10

He has no sense of urgency lol

• @davidjeske1225
    @davidjeske1225 ปีที่แล้ว +41

All I learned from watching this guy, is that if you have maybe…three grand. As long as you keep the receipt you can try everything and just return it after.

• @revisit8480
      @revisit8480 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Based and customerpilled

• @kylehouge9690
    @kylehouge9690 ปีที่แล้ว +5

Forward Controls design makes replacement turret caps that allow adjustment with a flathead

• @Hoplopfheil
      @Hoplopfheil  ปีที่แล้ว +14

They also stick up past the protective shoulders, which seems like a bad tradeoff.

• @kylehouge9690
      @kylehouge9690 ปีที่แล้ว

@@Hoplopfheil you’re not Aaron Cowan, you’ll be fine

• @GraphixHurricane
      @GraphixHurricane ปีที่แล้ว

@@kylehouge9690 this dude does more shooting in rough terrain and obscure environments. Aaron shoots flat range. Get that horse shit out of here we're not talking about concealed carry, were talking about a primary aiming method for a fighting carbine.

• @lucastonoli3256
      @lucastonoli3256 ปีที่แล้ว

@@timrobinson6573 They are not 1200 though, I guess enough exposure to cheap chinese shit does that to your brain.

• @24YOA
    @24YOA ปีที่แล้ว +9

I may be wrong here - but every shake awake red dot I've owned will also turn on with any adjustment to the brightness.
    Additionally, at least on Holosuns, you can totally disable shake awake and just go full manual mode. Even if the shake awake were to break or cease function, the optic could very easily be switched to a manual/traditional mode. As long as the shake awake dots have this feature set, I wouldn't look at having the option of shake awake as a disadvantage.
    ...Still increases the cost, though.

• @braydenkenney3313
      @braydenkenney3313 ปีที่แล้ว +1

It may increase the cost but those dots still cost a fraction of the T2.

• @lucastonoli3256
      @lucastonoli3256 ปีที่แล้ว

@@braydenkenney3313 And they have a fraction of the reliability, durability and QC to back them up. More often than not, glass clarity is also worse.

• @andrewhernandez9674
    @andrewhernandez9674 ปีที่แล้ว +3

You also bought an excellent mount for it. Nicely done, sir.

• @Protectiveedgetraining
    @Protectiveedgetraining ปีที่แล้ว +3

I went with the Romeo 8t and I’m very happy with it. The t2 was out of stock at the time but I don’t have regrets about it.

• @frankcastenza6361
      @frankcastenza6361 ปีที่แล้ว

Cope.

• @koolnick69
      @koolnick69 ปีที่แล้ว +2

@@frankcastenza6361what’s cope about this? I have both, the 8T is pretty sweet

• @nickreed3031
      @nickreed3031 ปีที่แล้ว

@@koolnick69 I can't decide if I should get the 4t or 8t. Which is better and why? Literally no comparison videos out there

• @benmoon2688
    @benmoon2688 ปีที่แล้ว +6

If you don't like it feel free to send it to me. I'm working-poor. In return I'll do a Bad-Combos video for a concoction of your choosing.

• @Hoplopfheil
      @Hoplopfheil  ปีที่แล้ว +8

You're going to have to drink orange juice blended with toothpaste in the magic bullet.

• @senioMseD
      @senioMseD ปีที่แล้ว +3

@@Hoplopfheil you mean a breakfast shake? ezpz 😏

• @colby1398
      @colby1398 ปีที่แล้ว +3

@@Hoplopfheil You underestimate what I'm willing to do to save a couple hundred bucks

• @benmoon2688
      @benmoon2688 ปีที่แล้ว

@@Hoplopfheil I WILL actually do that. And send you the footage. You realize that, right? You can even pick the brand of toothpaste.

• @jackjohnson291
    @jackjohnson291 ปีที่แล้ว +6

Mine came with the tool on both turret caps and with a separate red hand tool. 🤷‍♂️

• @deakdeagen938
    @deakdeagen938 ปีที่แล้ว +6

I am relatively new to the sport and just can't bring myself to making the commitment to spend T2 money on an optic. I did, however, pick up a Duty RDS recently and I think I like my Holosun 403B just as well as the Duty RDS. My Duty RDS has significant bloom on higher settings which is annoying. Conversely, the Holosun does not bloom.

• @pewpewTN
      @pewpewTN ปีที่แล้ว +4

403b is honestly always a good option.
      Swag lords will want to flex on you with Aimpoints & poors will say anything that isn't a $20 Amazon special is too expensive, but if you just ignore the nonsense, the 403b is still to this day a fantastic choice for most.
      I have 2 favorites for carbines & such.
      I go with EOTech or a 403b in the vast majority of cases.

• @pewpewTN
      @pewpewTN ปีที่แล้ว

@Jesse Robinson I really hope you aren't retarded enough to put Trijicon or Aimpoint on everything you own.

• @mr.adventure6507
      @mr.adventure6507 ปีที่แล้ว

@Deak Deagen How do you like the Duty RDS? I’m very interested in it but can’t decide between it the Aimpoint PRO, Holosun AEMS or Romeo 4T. Everything besides aimpoint feels like I would be buying crap quality. What are your thoughts?

• @deakdeagen938
      @deakdeagen938 ปีที่แล้ว

@@mr.adventure6507 Meh, its okay. As I said above, my Duty RDS has an awful bloom (bright outer red circle) when you turn up the intensity. My "lesser quality" red dots do not. I expected more from Aimpoint. I have two Aimpoint Pro red dots that don't bloom like the RDS does. Not sure what to make of that. If I had it do over with, I probably would have spent the RDS money on a Trijicon MRO. I have two MRO's that are probably my favorite red dots. The MRO's get a bad rap but mine are perfect for what I use them for.

• @0Harriz0
    @0Harriz0 ปีที่แล้ว +6

Mission failed successfully Hop

• @swiftaudi
    @swiftaudi ปีที่แล้ว +8

The t2 also had the 2nd least parallax shift in the test performed all those years ago. Oddly the t1 didn’t perform as well which always made me wonder.

• @Craterus123
      @Craterus123 ปีที่แล้ว +2

whos the first at parallax shift department ?

• @TheTorchredz06
      @TheTorchredz06 ปีที่แล้ว +6

​@@Craterus123 EOTech

• @Castigar48
      @Castigar48 4 หลายเดือนก่อน

​@@TheTorchredz06good ol expensive as eotech

• @charlesm.2756
    @charlesm.2756 ปีที่แล้ว +14

I carried an M68 in Iraq. It could definitely take a beating and certainly got the job done. Nowadays, I prefer Holosun (yup, Chinese-made, but they're packing a lot of value). Sure, they're not as rugged as an Aimpoint, but frankly, who gives a shit? If things get bad enough to where I'll need a "combat" red dot, I'm sure I'll find plenty of them lying on the ground.
    Anyway, Holosun dots are definitely more prone to the starburst effect...at least for me. However, I notice it less when shooting outdoors...or I just don't pay attention to it. Either way, I'm not into paying almost $1k for a red dot. If I were to buy an Aimpoint, I think the RDS has the best value-to-performance ratio.
    All the "DoD contract" companies have been overzealous in the markup of their products and it's eventually going to hurt them in the long run. Holosun has already chewed up a good chunk of the market share. Look at the EPS - a red dot that's exactly what the market was asking for, almost half the price of "duty" brands, and actually provides more capability. Are the "DoD" brands going to copy it?Absolutely, but they'll be super expensive and won't offer much more for the inflated price tag. Trijicon, Aimpoint, etc should pay close attention and take the hint.

• @Forget-Me-Knot
      @Forget-Me-Knot ปีที่แล้ว

Paying Americans costs more, American materials cost more, but not supporting the CCP military R&D is priceless.

• @ericmckinley7985
    @ericmckinley7985 ปีที่แล้ว +3

The title is always the inevitable conclusion

• @acemace3618
    @acemace3618 ปีที่แล้ว +6

I found that the t2 gives me a crisper, rounder dot under a 6x magnifier than some of my cheaper dots

• @Hbest2019
      @Hbest2019 ปีที่แล้ว +5

It damn well better for the cost.

• @jhutch1470
      @jhutch1470 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Huh, I get the same thing from my diopter.

• @acap4407
    @acap4407 8 หลายเดือนก่อน

Perfect review, the ending really helped me out! and people remember he isn't sponsored by aimpoint nor works for them. He's just reviewing a product!

• @themrsung
    @themrsung ปีที่แล้ว +5

I'd really like a setting 8.5 and 9.5 on the T2. So oddly spaced.

• @ryasco
    @ryasco ปีที่แล้ว +10

My biggest gripe with my T2 when I finally got one was the brightness settings. Can't really see much in bright daylight unless you have it cranked, even indoors with a flashlight on you need to have it near max.

• @jo1948
      @jo1948 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I've read the new ones don't get as bright.

• @FutureWarlordOfHomestead
      @FutureWarlordOfHomestead ปีที่แล้ว +6

I have my T2(purchased in 2022) set to 10 for inside my apartment. White walls, and it has to overcome a Cloud 🦉
      So basically 9 is what I can see, and up one to be sure. I’m sure that won’t yield me the 50,000 hours of battery life claimed, but I just change the batteries on my life support equipment every 6 months regardless.

• @MrTONYTONYM
      @MrTONYTONYM ปีที่แล้ว +3

Definitely agree with that. Just enough brightness on a very sunny day. But I feel totally comfortable parachuting out of airplane or scuba dive with this optics. Occasionally I would intentionally drop the optic from the 2nd floor just because it can withstand it like it's nothing.

• @intensifier1346
      @intensifier1346 ปีที่แล้ว

I bought mine in 2021 and it get stupid bright

• @calebburrichter8452
    @calebburrichter8452 ปีที่แล้ว

Your CompM5 rant was directed at me. I had a whole discussion about it yesterday, and my initial argument was exactly what you just destroyed. Thanks Hop. Never change.

• @nilknoc101
    @nilknoc101 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Listening for the subtle references and jokes sprinkled throughout is my favorite part.

• @robertgriffith3670
    @robertgriffith3670 ปีที่แล้ว +5

I do not know how to explain it, but I was very anti Aimpoint T2 with other offerings on the market from Holosun, Sig, etc. With that being said, I played with a T2 in store and immediately purchased one. It just feels like a higher quality product in hand, the glass is better, the dot looks better, and while I'm sure "on paper" it's minor upgrades (or even downgrades according to some), the real-world user experience with the product in hand is just better with the T2.

• @SugarFreeTargets
    @SugarFreeTargets ปีที่แล้ว +4

Aimpoints are the only red dots that doesn't fight against my awful astigmatism. Don't know why, but I was blown away what a red dot was actually suppose to look like.

• @ubcroel4022
      @ubcroel4022 ปีที่แล้ว

So true, so real.

• @jackjohnson291
      @jackjohnson291 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I have a bad astigmatism, and while I can still notice a starburst effect, it’s not too exaggerated. It turns the 2MOA dot to about 4MOA for me.

• @michaelblacktree
    @michaelblacktree ปีที่แล้ว +2

The simulated doggo made me LOL. 🤣

• @burnpitcav1519
    @burnpitcav1519 ปีที่แล้ว +1

The best red dot sight ever created and worth every single damn penny. I’ve seen them fall out of helicopters still worked, get blown up still zero, dropped smashed you name it and still worked. I ran mine in Iraq to death year after year. She never complained or stopped working. There is no better red dot sight every designed than the T2

• @nch-wf3tu
    @nch-wf3tu ปีที่แล้ว +4

On a super bright day run the front cap closed- both eyes open- and you will have to turn the dot brightness down. Same for inside a bright white building- run it closed. Way easier to pick up a sight picture. Also, if you don’t want your optic reflecting, keep it closed. I shoot better with it closed, forces both eyes open. There is a reason is blacked out…

• @frankholub4673
      @frankholub4673 ปีที่แล้ว

The parallax introduced by shooting an optic occluded like that makes it practically unusable beyond 10 yards. By 25 yards you're missing the target completely with a dead-on hold.

• @smokingcrab2290
    @smokingcrab2290 ปีที่แล้ว +3

I disagree about the auto-off/shake-awake feature being irrelevant anymore. That's an amazing feature. And it doesn't matter how many hours of battery life red dots are advertised to have. Leaving them on saps the battery like crazy.

• @chizorama
      @chizorama 8 หลายเดือนก่อน

The battery on the only Holosun I own lasted for 5 years(mostly left on with the shake & wake), so much better than the Vortex Sparc(gen 1), which was the first red dot I bought. Own an Aimpoint PRO, you can tell the difference in quality through the dot alone, can also tell the difference in weight as well. Always wanted a T2, just wasn't in the budget in the past, hard to bring myself to shell out the cash these days, even if it's worth every penny(yeah, I'm stubborn).

• @student1979oct
    @student1979oct ปีที่แล้ว

I still love my old school M68 Aimpoint. It's coming on 20 years old and still works perfectly. I don't leave it on all the time, but it's not exactly difficult to spin the knob quick when you pick up the rifle.

• @MyFlexinIsAProblem
    @MyFlexinIsAProblem ปีที่แล้ว +1

Most of my optics have a ACSS reticle. Love it.

• @aerowrench6787
    @aerowrench6787 ปีที่แล้ว +8

The T2 is also a very versatile optic. It can be run alone, with a magnifier, offset/piggy backed with a magnified optic, or even on a handgun with the right mount. Compared to a mailbox sight that’s pretty much only used with a magnifier.
    I have my T2 piggy backed on an ACOG it works great.

• @cornelius5595
    @cornelius5595 ปีที่แล้ว +19

I'm actually pretty curious what you think about that new Sig Romeo 4XT. Specifically how the NV performance compares to the original 4T. I might hold out for a CR2032 version since their manual seems to indicate that's in the future, but I think it's only really worth it if the NV performance is better then the current 4T.

• @TheMsdos25
      @TheMsdos25 ปีที่แล้ว +4

I saw a post on the Night vision subreddit showing a Remeo4t under NV that looked super clear. Supposedly sig has updated the lens coating on them. The 4h and 4s dont use the same blue tint but I haven't seen one tested under NV.

• @jpk9171jpk
      @jpk9171jpk ปีที่แล้ว +3

Yep I have one of the new ones. Just make use you get the dot version and not the plex version. Newer ones have a QR code on the side of the optic.

• @TheMsdos25
      @TheMsdos25 ปีที่แล้ว +2

@@jpk9171jpk wait, so the circle dot 4t is the only one that got updated? That would explain why the circle plex is so much cheaper I guess. Too bad since it's such a cool reticle.

• @cobrajack-official
      @cobrajack-official ปีที่แล้ว +1

SOR44101 (Black) SOR44102 (FDE). Building now. Shipping next month. 👍.

• @jpk9171jpk
      @jpk9171jpk ปีที่แล้ว

@@TheMsdos25 I believe they are phasing the circle plex out. The other comment is right. The pro vision is coming out next month that will have the nv button.

• @117johnpar
    @117johnpar ปีที่แล้ว +2

Has to be better than Misspoint

• @iveyoro2467
    @iveyoro2467 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I was in the market for a T2 for so long BUT was hard af to get so I had a chance to get a lightly used Duty RDS on a Unity high mount for $400. Best purchase ever

• @claterpillar1
    @claterpillar1 ปีที่แล้ว +3

I buy the comp m5. Only because it's usually in stock, and I hate waiting.

• @CephasCastle
    @CephasCastle ปีที่แล้ว +3

I love my T2, but I also love my Sig Romeo 5.

• @biunzRS
    @biunzRS ปีที่แล้ว +2

One thing that is good to mention also is that if you buy this second hand they wont warranty your product. You have to buy it new from an authorized dealer in order to get that. I spent $750 on mine with a larue mount and it sucks knowing I cant warranty it. But I also have one of the most durable optics and I dont think ill ever need to warranty it in case it fails in operation moms basement

• @Peterkass235
      @Peterkass235 ปีที่แล้ว +1

You can warranty a product second hand for a fee which is generally acceptable they quote no more than 100$ to me on my rma sheet. I sent a 2nd hand comp m5 back

• @mynameisjeff6988
      @mynameisjeff6988 ปีที่แล้ว

they wont warrantee it for FREE, which is what most higher end manufacturers do. Vortex and manufacturers like that can get away with it because they sell so many shitty optics that will never get used at such a high margin of profit that it offsets the one or two percent of optics that ACTUALLY get used and abused. Aimpoints, Eotechs, etc are marketed towards people who shoot a bit more.

• @adv_skarr5362
    @adv_skarr5362 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Reason for the scope cap design is so you can have the lenses protected from gathering dust, and still shoot occluded with them in place. But not a clear front so you dont leave them down and sacrifice clarity.

• @williamflowers9435
    @williamflowers9435 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Why did Aimpoint change the top turret cap on the T2? At least the T1 had two useful caps. Just to be annoying?

• @midwestoutdoorsman
    @midwestoutdoorsman ปีที่แล้ว +5

The only issue I have with my T2 is that indoors or in dark areas, if I want to turn up the dot bright enough to use when my weapon light is on, then I get a LOT of red vignetting around the outside ring inside the optic that's distracting. If I turn it down to not do that, it gets washed out if your too close to something when you turn on your weapon light. outside it's a non-issue, but something to consider. It seems that going from 8 to 9 on the dial makes a massive jump in brightness. Has anyone else had this issue?

• @jackjohnson291
      @jackjohnson291 ปีที่แล้ว +2

That’s been my experience as well (on all things stated).

• @jhordanmayo7456
      @jhordanmayo7456 7 หลายเดือนก่อน

That’s supposedly why the front cap is black and rear cap is transparent. In that situation you would run your front cap up and use your weapon light without effecting the dot at all. If you shoot both eyes open you should see the dot still and your target. Give it a try!!

• @G1721jeff
    @G1721jeff ปีที่แล้ว +2

I’m a hop cosplayer, Hop wears army pants and flip flops I wear army pants with flip flops

• @chrism2042
    @chrism2042 ปีที่แล้ว

I've had a Aimpoint patrol rifle optic on a carbine for approx 5 years, many classes and hours of training, no issues. Stays on 24/7 and I change the battery once a year, even though it don't need it. I checked zero on it a couple weeks ago, still zeroed and I can't remember ever having to re-zero that optic. The same day, my friend brought a rifle with a eotech that he has never trained with, just a plinking rifle, he had nothing but issues with that optic. He asked me to shoot it and see if I could get it to zero, it wouldn't adjust out. Then he asked, "what do you think is wrong with it"? My reply, "it's not a Aimpoint"! I have not found an optic I would be willing to use to replace the Aimpoint.

• @toddinfl
    @toddinfl ปีที่แล้ว +5

The thing about the Apocalypse is that you need redundant systems. Having different dot sights ready to go that use different batteries is not a bad idea. Rechargeable AAA batteries new in the pack can be a back up that are ready to go in case all 2032 batteries are out of power 100k hours into the Boog. And honestly, you may get sick of the T2 and wanna get back with your Eotech that uses CR123 batts that can be recharged. I know Hop doesn't do rechargeables but if SHTF lasts more than a few years ya might be glad you got some. And, FYI... they do make 2032 rechargeable batteries too.

• @alexandermartini28
      @alexandermartini28 ปีที่แล้ว +9

Should also consider that 2032s are in much more devices than people think. Car fobs, kitchen scales, CMOS batteries on almost all computers, etc. could be salvaged. You'll have plenty of time to find replacements in the years it will take for one to die.

• @toddinfl
      @toddinfl ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@alexandermartini28 I've bought many over the years and most are dead. They die quick. Better brands last longer but I'd give 'em all maybe 5 years til totally dead.

• @larryw5429
    @larryw5429 ปีที่แล้ว +5

850 bucks for a red dot FU#(( THAT!!

• @ericmckinley7985
      @ericmckinley7985 ปีที่แล้ว +2

If your poverty pony AR just sits in the closet I suppose it doesnt really matter

• @colby1398
      @colby1398 ปีที่แล้ว +3

@@ericmckinley7985 I don't usually find that to be the case. Generally I find that people with cheaper guns go shooting WAY more often (likely because instead of living in expensive cities they live out in the countryside where shooting is much easier), so while they don't have fancy equipment, they're often very competent shooters.

• @bandit8770
    @bandit8770 8 วันที่ผ่านมา

1:52 i didnt know hop was a fellow Pony Player until i saw the Millenium

• @scottkain7474
    @scottkain7474 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Yeah, no thanks for $900. I listened to retired Navy SEAL Mark “Coch” Cochella and went with the Sig Romeo 5 for $119 on sale. If that dude is running it on his home defense set ups (he really likes the shake awake feature), good enough for me.

• @docternoblex
    @docternoblex ปีที่แล้ว +19

I think Aimpoint is so slow in development because they want to make sure what they sell works, sometimes boring works

• @zacharypennington1868
      @zacharypennington1868 ปีที่แล้ว +9

The steady stream of military/LE contracts probably doesn’t help either

• @docternoblex
      @docternoblex ปีที่แล้ว

@@zacharypennington1868 for the most part yeah, that’s why EOtech hasn’t innovated much either

• @hoorayimhelping3978
      @hoorayimhelping3978 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Most features require complexity, complexity causes failure and usually weight. Boring is a feature.

• @mynameisjeff6988
      @mynameisjeff6988 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@docternoblex Cant really innovate the holographic technology. It's always going to have bad battery life, its always going to be bigger than regular red dots, etc. When you're working with many different lasers instead of one single laser projecting on glass, you sacrifice size and battery life. No way around it. Everything else is already about as good as it can get on an Eotech. Already has the best FOV and glass clarity on the market

• @pewpewTN
      @pewpewTN ปีที่แล้ว +1

​@@mynameisjeff6988 EOTechs are still my favorite optics for most carbines.

• @craigotech
    @craigotech ปีที่แล้ว +3

"Finally breaks down and buys T2, T3 announced the next week."

• @middleclassthrash
    @middleclassthrash ปีที่แล้ว +2

9:43 ... Or just put it on a carry handle. [is pelted with tomatoes]

• @bangersandmags6729
    @bangersandmags6729 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Got mine new from euro optic for 600 a day 2 day shipping.

• @sbrunscheon
    @sbrunscheon ปีที่แล้ว +13

It's easier to resist buying one when your one of the poors!

• @Ivan_I99999
    @Ivan_I99999 ปีที่แล้ว +3

How does the ROMEO4XT-Pro compare? You mentioned that it obsoleted the ROMEO8T so does it have good NVG performance?

• @FullTimePRO
    @FullTimePRO 8 หลายเดือนก่อน

Your apathy has sold me on this optic, and your video saved me a few hundo by pointing me to eurooptic! Thanks bud.

• @ClintonFD
    @ClintonFD ปีที่แล้ว +3

CompM5 vs T2 was something I deliberated for a long time before getting the CompM5. Some notes on the comparison:
    The CompM5 does actually seem to have a battery life advantage. Aimpoint's data is for battery life with an alkaline AAA, and I agree that alkaline is a bad choice for a RDS. According to Scalarworks in their testing - "the CompM5's stated battery life is equal to the T-2's with an Alkaline battery: that battery life can be extended significantly if you switch to a lithium battery." In my own testing, I have had a CompM5 on position 8 out of 10 for 32 months with an energizer ultimate lithium battery and still going strong. Position 8 is bright enough (for me) to not be washed out by my weapon light and all but the brightest daylight conditions. The T2 has 12 brightness settings, so there is no apples to apples comparison, but I estimate position 10 or 11 out of 12 to be equivalent based on other people's reports. At 10 or 11 out of 12, I have heard that the T2 may last less than 12 months. YMMV.
    Additionally the CompM5 is made out of 7075 aluminum. This should give the comp m5 a significant durability advantage, but in practice the switch that controls brightness on the CompM5 is a weak point and can break if it suffers a direct hit during a fall, as demonstrated by Pew Pew Tactical's video. This is much less likely on the S variant, so I would suggest that version to anyone interested in a CompM5, especially now that Scalarworks has begun making a mount for the S variant.

• @robertoordaz7938
    @robertoordaz7938 ปีที่แล้ว +1

>start part time job @ LGS in 2016
    >see T2 on shelf, decide to turn in on and leave it on to see if the battery life meme is real
    >no one wants to buy because 700 🫘
    >2023, they still have it
    >it's on sale because old inventory
    >it's still on, same battery and everything
    Needless to say, but I also joined the T2 gang that day.

• @AG-id8dl
    @AG-id8dl ปีที่แล้ว +2

WTB Aimpiint T2 $450

• @MKD.357
    @MKD.357 5 หลายเดือนก่อน

The only reason I have an Aimpoint was the H2 w/ Ruger 10/22 mount was on sale for $450 a few years back on their website. I mounted it on my AR and tossed the Ruger mount in the parts bin. Had I been faced with the full price tag I’d have gotten a holosun

• @CDOES
    @CDOES ปีที่แล้ว +3

No one cares!!! Except everyone...

• @riflemanm16a2
    @riflemanm16a2 ปีที่แล้ว +3

What's the deal with ACRO P2s? My friend said his lost power on a fresh cell after just a couple months, and the guy at Forward Controls Design told me there's known issue with the mounting bracket that affects zero (I can shift mine side to side slightly no matter which mounting plate I use), yet every review I see is glowing.

• @Hoplopfheil
      @Hoplopfheil  ปีที่แล้ว +3

The battery life seems to be shorter than advertised, and I suspect a lot of people are just super hyped about closed emitter optics.

• @Jesses001
    @Jesses001 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Ha that mag change. Put magazine in dump pouch...in dump pouch...in...dump...screw it, dump magazine in snow.