Narrative Research 1: My ThinkPad T430

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 29 มิ.ย. 2024
  • #thinkpad #narrativeresearch
    Today, I talk about the laptop I use every single day, and has written every script for every video on my channel.
  • บันเทิง

ความคิดเห็น • 25

• @devsirat
    @devsirat 5 วันที่ผ่านมา +5

You just convinced me to get my old rusty t430 out and install arch on it.

• @KlulessKitsune
      @KlulessKitsune  5 วันที่ผ่านมา

I’m glad! I think you’ll enjoy it!

• @temetka
    @temetka 3 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

I got my T470 up and running Arch on it this week. I was running Mint XFCE for the longest time, but am really, really enjoying Arch. I wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed your video. I found your voice to be calming and I really loved your fox character! Take care.

• @KlulessKitsune
      @KlulessKitsune  3 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

Thank you! I’m glad you enjoyed the video! I’m also glad you are enjoying your ThinkPad setup!

• @cittycat7481
    @cittycat7481 6 วันที่ผ่านมา +3

I have the same wallpaper 😄
    and also a small pile of old laptops, including a Thinkpad, all with a different Linux distro installed on them

• @KlulessKitsune
      @KlulessKitsune  6 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

Nice! It’s fun to throw Linux on old laptops. There’s just something charming about them.

• @RetosSpace
    @RetosSpace 3 ชั่วโมงที่ผ่านมา +1

Cool video man, i own and use on a daily basis the following Thinkpads....T500, T520, T420, T430, X1 Carbon and x201, all running various Linux distro's. The odd man out is my way old LG C500 also running Linux

• @KlulessKitsune
      @KlulessKitsune  2 ชั่วโมงที่ผ่านมา

That’s a nice collection. I’ve only really used older ThinkPads, so how’s the X1 Carbon? They seem interesting, but I haven’t had a chance to see and try one in person yet.

• @KadalCj
    @KadalCj วันที่ผ่านมา +1

I just got my T480 quite cheap for broken wifi slot. I bought it because of my Legion 5 is such a pain in the a$$ to carry with.
    There's certain app that I can't run on Linux, so I do Hackintosh instead.

• @KlulessKitsune
      @KlulessKitsune  วันที่ผ่านมา +1

A Hackintosh ThinkPad is definitely interesting. I've been tempted to try it, but I have very little familiarity with macOS, so I don't think I personally have need for it.

• @KadalCj
      @KadalCj วันที่ผ่านมา +1

@@KlulessKitsune It was, and macOS my only option. I mainly use it to code, and my experience with Windows was not great.
      I've tried Hackintosh like 6 year ago with my previous MSI laptop. It quite time consuming to do config, like Arch (If I do WM).
      Nice video btw, subs.

• @KlulessKitsune
      @KlulessKitsune  18 ชั่วโมงที่ผ่านมา +1

Thank you! I would think it’s probably more difficult than Arch, as Hackintosh is a modification of an otherwise very locked down system whereas Arch has always been an OS installed after purchasing the PC. Idk for sure, I’ve never done Hackintosh, but that would be my initial guess. I think Arch’s reputation as being really difficult is an artifact of the past. I know it used to be really hard, but today, the only issue a user is likely to run into is something of their own fault. (Like how I once accidentally deleted my mirrorlist, and in trying to copy from the backup mirrorlist, accidentally wiped that too lol)

• @R4dm1n
    @R4dm1n 3 ชั่วโมงที่ผ่านมา +1

how the hell did you manage to have the same wallpaper that i have right now

• @KlulessKitsune
      @KlulessKitsune  2 ชั่วโมงที่ผ่านมา

I mean, it’s such a good wallpaper

• @rohmadabdulmaseh6845
    @rohmadabdulmaseh6845 4 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

i am hoping Win 11 and Thinkpad T430, but turned out to Arch Linux. Linux will run on anything, so yeah... no news here

• @KlulessKitsune
      @KlulessKitsune  4 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

Yeah, modern Windows is just so… fat. It’s full of tons of stuff that feels so unnecessary, and I’m not even someone who cares too much about bloat. But, even with KDE Plasma and a bunch of other stuff, it’s still leaner than an out of the box installation of windows 11.

• @UCcdTp7XpCkVLkaRCsDcifFg
    @UCcdTp7XpCkVLkaRCsDcifFg วันที่ผ่านมา +1

what idle temp u get? with this cpu ?

• @KlulessKitsune
      @KlulessKitsune  วันที่ผ่านมา

It idles between 32-36C. Granted, the current thermal paste isn't great, and I'm planning on getting better paste soon for all of my systems.

• @ellescer
    @ellescer 6 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

Where can I get that wallpaper

• @KlulessKitsune
      @KlulessKitsune  6 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

I just found it again by looking up “miku 39 wallpaper”. There’s a site called “backiee” that has a high res version.

• @anttilinno3660
    @anttilinno3660 5 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

Try btop instead of htop.

• @KlulessKitsune
      @KlulessKitsune  5 วันที่ผ่านมา

Thanks, I’ll look into it!

@UCcdTp7XpCkVLkaRCsDcifFg วันที่ผ่านมา

p

@UCcdTp7XpCkVLkaRCsDcifFg วันที่ผ่านมา

p