Why We're Selling The Polygon Siskiu T8!!!

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 20 ก.ย. 2024

ความคิดเห็น • 53

• @JagEdge
    @JagEdge 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

I fixed the internal cable rattling in my T8. It was easy. I used internal housing damping foam. I think it was Jagwire brand that i used. Its completely silent now.

• @TwinPeaks_MTB
      @TwinPeaks_MTB  3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Thanks man, hopefully people read this comment!!

• @markusb9544
    @markusb9544 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

I'm glad to see you boys got to the T8's limits and were able to take them to the edge and are now ready for something new. Can't wait to see what you get next! Exciting times ahead for the both of you!

• @TwinPeaks_MTB
      @TwinPeaks_MTB  9 หลายเดือนก่อน

There sure is 😁

• @J.William78
    @J.William78 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Great vid guys. I have the Norco sight C1 and couldn't be happier. Black diamonds no problem. Haven't ridden and double blacks.....yet.
    They could be right up your alley and Norco are having a huge sale atm.
    Keep going hard boys. Best of luck bike hunting.

• @TwinPeaks_MTB
      @TwinPeaks_MTB  3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Thanks man, you can check out our new videos on our Commencal Clash’s, they’re quite the shredders! My friend @Steezy MTB is on a Norco sight, they’re quite cool rigs but for the big stuff like at Green Valley’s I am quite comfortable on the big rig. Thanks for the comment!

• @Steezy_MTB
    @Steezy_MTB 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Cant wait to see what you got for new bike day

• @bodo_mtb
    @bodo_mtb 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

I started my trail riding on a T8. They are exceptional bikes for the money. I have watched you both progress both online and in the flesh. I understand wanting a bigger travel bike and know first hand the benefits it can bring. I also know that going to 170/160mm in travel also has it's down sides particularly in Sydney. I think you will notice a massive difference if you are going to a 29" particularly for the tech stuff. 27" is playful but the 29" IMO is more capable over rocky/rooty tech terrain.
    I'm keen to see where you boys go on your next purchase. Again, IMO (for what little it is worth) geo and wheel size is more important than travel, considering your travel is 150/140 already. Nothing better than a new bike day though.

• @TwinPeaks_MTB

Thanks Bodo, I do agree with a lot of what you said but my brother and I really want to level up our riding with enduro racing and more bike park like Stromlo, Greenvalleys and Ourimbah so I think this next bike will be able to do it all of that

• @bodo_mtb
      @bodo_mtb 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

@@TwinPeaks_MTB I totally agree and watching how you have both progressed then a bigger travel bike will be perfect at those parks. Gotta say, my Meta 29 is the best thing I have ever ridden...but my advice, go a 29'

• @TwinPeaks_MTB

@@bodo_mtb oops 😁

• @bodo_mtb
      @bodo_mtb 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

@@TwinPeaks_MTB haha, you went 27.5" didnt you??

• @TwinPeaks_MTB

@@bodo_mtb noooo…. 🤣

• @markhinchelwood4738
    @markhinchelwood4738 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

Looking forward to seeing what bikes you guys end up with. Let’s ride soon!

• @TwinPeaks_MTB
      @TwinPeaks_MTB  9 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

100% Mark, we’ll be hitting greenvalleys ASAP!! 🤙

• @markhinchelwood4738
      @markhinchelwood4738 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

@@TwinPeaks_MTB let me know when your heading down - will try and hook up with a crew for you to ride with.

• @zjedinite
    @zjedinite 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +5

This kid is like a young Steve Irwin of mountain bikes 😁

• @TwinPeaks_MTB
      @TwinPeaks_MTB  9 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

I hope we made it entertaining!! 😁

• @zjedinite
      @zjedinite 9 หลายเดือนก่อน

@@TwinPeaks_MTB absolutely! My son is about your age and he is starting to or “aspiring” to be a TH-camr. You are at 250+ subs and 800+ views. 👏🏽 keep it going!
      I showed him your channel for some inspiration and motivation. Well done! 💪🏼
      He works hard yet he’s content needs work, but he’s at it and all I can do is to be supportive and try to help even tho I’m clueless to his topic, which is gaming 🤷🏻‍♂️

• @crowe887
    @crowe887 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Definitely reminds me of Robert Irwin, very well articulated and informative, good job.

• @TwinPeaks_MTB
      @TwinPeaks_MTB  8 หลายเดือนก่อน

🤣 Cheers man, I’ll take that compliment any day!!

• @alex_rogan
    @alex_rogan 6 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Been riding a T8 for 2 years. Upgraded to 160mm Fox factory fork and X2 in rear. Changed the bike. XT everything also. The frame geometry is very capable. But for me it’s time to move on also.

• @TwinPeaks_MTB
      @TwinPeaks_MTB  6 หลายเดือนก่อน

That’s such a sick build, hope it rode well for you!!

• @mtbboy1993
    @mtbboy1993 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

3:41 Maybe a longer cable would help, maybe Jagwire Anti-Kink End Cap would help. Maybe using some rubber wrapped around the cable, where it goes into the frame, so it moves less. I wrapped inner tube I cut into 1 cm wide strip wrapped it, used zip tie at the end, I had a bike where cable rubbed on the chain stay. But for internal routing Jagwire have internal routing sleeves to put on the cable. I've not tried it.
    I'm glad I have external routing on everything apart from internal dropper post. But a product I've tried lately was Jagwire 5G Tube Tops which was awful, falls off too easily, it's the latest version of the rubber pads that protect the pain from the cables. But the old version was better, this one twists off too easily. I tried a product from BBB cable wrap which performed better.

• @agrsk8r
      @agrsk8r 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

My T7 has this same issue. It doesn't matter how long the cable is. It will pull out any slack you give it in just a few big compressions. I took a short strip of gorilla tape and wrapped it around the cable at the first zip tie point next to the derailleur. That did the trick. 🤘

• @mtbboy1993
      @mtbboy1993 9 หลายเดือนก่อน

Nice.I suspected that would be the case. I'm not a fan of internal routing except for dropper post.@@agrsk8r

• @avqr31english43
    @avqr31english43 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +4

My guess is N9? Yeah they might be a bit heavier but again that $$$$ value.

• @TwinPeaks_MTB
      @TwinPeaks_MTB  9 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

That was a big consideration but we decided to go for something else

• @RotormanMTB
      @RotormanMTB 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

I initially thought this but I think they are too heavy, hency the value they offer - and too many bearings to maintain. The Meta AM 29er is my "safe" guess.. and a sound option also. Look forward to riding with you fellas soon.

• @STREETFIGHTER50
    @STREETFIGHTER50 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Awesome video! Thank you! Y’all gonna jump on the Collosus N9?

• @TwinPeaks_MTB
      @TwinPeaks_MTB  8 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

We almost did! You can check out our next video where we told everyone what new bikes we got!

• @STREETFIGHTER50
      @STREETFIGHTER50 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

@@TwinPeaks_MTB Will definitely check yall out!

• @TWLBJ
    @TWLBJ 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Can't go past a trek slash 8 22 model for the next bike 😂

• @TwinPeaks_MTB
      @TwinPeaks_MTB  9 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

😅 If only Trek still made them

• @freddyassalt1190
    @freddyassalt1190 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

ill give you my norco storm 5 (best bike ever fully upgraded and perfectly running) with $100 cash on top 🤷‍♂🤷‍♂

• @BrasherMaxi
    @BrasherMaxi 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Is it a canyon torque mullet al 5 or 7?

• @TwinPeaks_MTB

Was definitely eyeing the torque mullets, almost got them so excellent guess

• @that_one_datsun9754
    @that_one_datsun9754 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Final guess commencal clash

• @TwinPeaks_MTB

😂 Bit too late

• @that_one_datsun9754
      @that_one_datsun9754 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

ohh lol @@TwinPeaks_MTB

• @that_one_datsun9754
      @that_one_datsun9754 9 หลายเดือนก่อน

is that correct? tho
      @@TwinPeaks_MTB

• @that_one_datsun9754

@@TwinPeaks_MTB where u guys out at wild today?

• @TwinPeaks_MTB

@@that_one_datsun9754 Yep, super good ride today!

• @lukas-a9234
    @lukas-a9234 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

That cable issue is so annoying. did you ever find a fix for it

• @TwinPeaks_MTB

Yes I really tightly put a zip tie on the cable right outside of the cable port on the bottom bracket, it solved the issue but also means more cable replacement 🙄

• @JagEdge
      @JagEdge 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

I used Jagwire damping foam. My T8 is silent now. rattled bad before I used the foam sleeve.

• @evanamador2186
    @evanamador2186 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

VV

• @that_one_datsun9754

Alpine trail 7