Riding Duke's Pass on a Triumph Bonneville T140

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 26 มิ.ย. 2021
  • Riding Duke's Pass in the Trossachs, Scotland, on my 1978 Triumph Bonneville T140E. With my friends John on his 1968 Norton 650SS and Alan on his 1962 BSA A65 Star Twin. One of the UK's most beautiful rides.
    You can download a number of useful resources from my "Buy Me a Coffee" page - all free with no catches - it is just a convenient place to make downloads easily available (but there is an option to buy me a coffee if you enjoyed this video and feel overwhelmed with gratitude) - including:
    - T140 service checklist;
    - T140 torque settings;
    - T140 parts catalogue
    and other items: www.buymeacoffee.com/fromthes...

ความคิดเห็น • 30

• @bm7760
    @bm7760 ปีที่แล้ว

I'm seeing a T140v tonight. Might be coming home with me. Will be sure to buy you a coffee as I accumulate resources if it all goes to plan. Enjoyed the video.

• @BLUESBOYBENFIELD
    @BLUESBOYBENFIELD 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I’ve got one ❤️

• @colindowd3892
    @colindowd3892 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Great video as usual, many thanks for the ride Proffessori.

• @jadams3427
    @jadams3427 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Lovely. Good riding !

• @LemonDrizzleGang
    @LemonDrizzleGang 2 ปีที่แล้ว

great video thank you for the ride and information

• @darrenspragg9858
    @darrenspragg9858 2 ปีที่แล้ว

quality road surface!
    😁

• @philrulon
    @philrulon 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Nice ride. Nice bike. I was out on my E model Bonneville yesterday, after some significant drive line work including clutch, primary chain, and drive chain and sprockets, as well as seal and gaskets.
    I will say that, after considerable time and treasure, I have the brakes on my bike working quite well. I was a little surprised to hear your negative comment on them. My view is that the disk brakes on these bikes are a nuisance to get right, but once working well, they work well indeed.

• @SongsFromTheSaddle
      @SongsFromTheSaddle  3 ปีที่แล้ว

You are right Phil, I need to give my brakes a fettle. They should be better. I'll get there!

• @LadyWildlower
    @LadyWildlower 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Quite by coincidence, I looked up this video for reference on writing a character's Bonneville and it just happened that your video is in the Aberfoyle area, where a few of the main characters moved to a few chapters later! Double the reference!

• @richardho5955
    @richardho5955 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Nice twisties!

• @nigelfisher3756
    @nigelfisher3756 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Lovely video, thanks for posting. Recently bought a TR7RV (1978) - very nice, no oil leaks, runs good until…..brakes starting to bind a bit. Watched your front brake rebuild and will have a go but not that confident.

• @barryellison1272
    @barryellison1272 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I used to own an American spec T140v originally built in 1976. I really wish I had kept it.

• @SongsFromTheSaddle
      @SongsFromTheSaddle  2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Mine's a 78 T140E. I wish I could say I'd had it since new, but I couldn't afford one back then, even though it was my dream bike. Got one now though, and enjoying it to the full!

• @barryellison1272
      @barryellison1272 2 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I didn't get mine till the late 90's.

• @gmcevoy
    @gmcevoy ปีที่แล้ว

Hello from Belgium! I must say, I stumbled upon your channel fairly recently as I have been searching for Triumph Bonneville related content, and I am genuinely glad to have found you! Your comments are truly on point, and make me want to get out there and experience such a road for myself! This being said, I wonder what camera you are using, as the footage is enjoyable to watch. I am a bit of a "producer" myself, and would be interested in getting a similar setup to create riding videos as well. I do hope you don't mind me asking, and I also look forward to your upcoming content, as I have just subscribed. Thank you!

• @davidmacgregor5193
    @davidmacgregor5193 7 หลายเดือนก่อน

There is only one lake in Scotland, it is the Lake of Menteith, all the other bodies of water are lochs.

• @53philp
    @53philp 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Whats the difference between 140E and 140V?

• @SongsFromTheSaddle
      @SongsFromTheSaddle  2 ปีที่แล้ว

the E stands for 'emission' & was designed to meet stricter US emission controls: Mk2 Amal carbs & modified head.

• @fionamichaelpaterson4411
      @fionamichaelpaterson4411 2 ปีที่แล้ว

The T140E also had electronic ignition whereas the T140V had traditional points.

• @SongsFromTheSaddle
      @SongsFromTheSaddle  2 ปีที่แล้ว

The T140E has points too.

• @fionamichaelpaterson4411
      @fionamichaelpaterson4411 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Interesting. My T140E was bought new in Wolverhampton in early 1978, T plate and was a UK spec model ( 4 gallon tank, black and candy apple red) was fitted with Boyer Branden ignition, hence my original comment.

• @philhawley1219
      @philhawley1219 ปีที่แล้ว

T140E was originally built with Lucas Rita (racing ignition transducer amplified). After a few years they tended to be a bit unreliable and were replaced with other types such as Boyer Brandsen.