LIGHTWEIGHT Full Frame Anamorphic Lenses - Sirui Saturn 1.6X 50 + 75mm T2.9

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 26 พ.ย. 2023
  • Get my guides on anamorphic, anamorfake, USSR lenses, and more!
    www.e-junkie.com/anamorphic
    I'm getting really into the idea of full frame, semi-autofocus anamorphic lenses, thanks to the Saturn set. The 35mm was great by itself, and now with the introduction of a 50 and 75mm, these are a much better fit to tell stories!
    Check the crowdfunding campaign!
    www.indiegogo.com/projects/sa...

ความคิดเห็น • 71

• @nikolasdove
    @nikolasdove 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +10

I would love to see a head to head between these and the new Blazar Remus lenses. These ones look great though.

• @CINENIMUS
    @CINENIMUS 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +10

For a solo operator hand held the shorter focus through is perfection! My job takes me all around the world and I grab my Blackmagic camera with me completely unrigged (I never really got into the whole rigging fetish, maybe coz I had Legos when I was a kid) anyhow this set is finally something worth buying from Sirui at retail price for me at least.

• @davisfan
      @davisfan 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

I've never been a fan of rigging cameras. I understand it, and I so from time to time. But I just love it when they small and light

• @LoremIpsumProd
      @LoremIpsumProd 8 หลายเดือนก่อน

You are only forced to rig things up when you must attach more stuff, but nobody enjoys the weight! I had to do it on my Sony, but glad that I could be quite free from it with my incoming BMCC6k

• @DazStudio-DaddyDaz
    @DazStudio-DaddyDaz 7 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

great video! Looking forward to see more in depth reviews on this set especially the 75mm❤

• @DynamicPhil84
    @DynamicPhil84 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Nice to finally see some new lenses in this set (along with Sirui releasing new lenses in their Jupiter set). An end of the year early xmas present from Sirui 🎉

• @relaxwithme3266
    @relaxwithme3266 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +4

I absolutely love the 35mm on my BMCC 6K FF in Open Gate. I can't wait to bring in the 50 and 75 now! Glad they fixed the desqueeze change through the focus range compared to the bigger older lenses.

• @ikron
      @ikron 7 หลายเดือนก่อน

What exactly does being on open gate do with anamorphic? What does the final output look like. Could you upload some footage

• @ankitjojha
    @ankitjojha 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +6

The coolest thing would be to mix and match that 1.25x adapter and see how it feels generally with the new lighter 1.6x lenses, because it would be INCREDIBLE to see that while it could be heavy, there’s a whole lot less in weight that can still be gimbal friendly, if at all lol. OH TITO COULD YOU TRY IT PRETTY PLEASE!

• @AnamorphicOnABudget
      @AnamorphicOnABudget  8 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

I don't have the adapter anymore, plus it would massively offset the weight forward, kind of working backwards to the goal of being gimbal-focused. :(

• @ankitjojha
      @ankitjojha 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

@@AnamorphicOnABudget DANG IT 😭 it would have made for an interesting case study actually, especially with how heavy the 2x setup is already at this point.

• @trevorpinnocky
    @trevorpinnocky 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

These things look awesome 🤙🏾

• @kuraro
    @kuraro 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

great review Tito. lovely lenses, I am looking for a 35 to pair with my Great joy 85 1x8 (which I love) but I think I will wait hoping Great Joy / blazar will release sooner or later a good 35 1x8... we will see. keep doing Tito. You rule!

• @ChrisRigbyFilm
    @ChrisRigbyFilm 8 หลายเดือนก่อน

Thanks for the review. Would you choose the Saturn set over the current 35, 50 and 85 from GreatJoy (for Lidar AF on gimbal) ?

• @zhdankofilm
    @zhdankofilm 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Hello. Which lens did you like better: 75mm or 50mm? Which one would you recommend?

• @Onewiththesauce8
    @Onewiththesauce8 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Just picked this lens up so getting the diopters is a must! Excited to start using this lens. You guys know this lens is recommended by GxAce right?

• @Nynex
    @Nynex 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Now if they can make a saturn additional adapter to push more squeeze in a lighter package.

• @ggdfggdfgdffgfddg34
    @ggdfggdfgdffgfddg34 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Do I understand correctly that RESULTING HFOV at 4/3 will always be on average 2 times larger than the full frame? And what about controlling the focus of lidars, if shooting professional films is a toy or, like autofocus, does it just need to be controlled? And you used the S1H on the Easy Rig, is it possible to live without a gimbal when walking?

• @josephmedina0319
    @josephmedina0319 4 หลายเดือนก่อน

Hi! Love the color! Pls share what pp settings and luts you use! Would love to buy those!

• @raredreamfootage
    @raredreamfootage 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

So why would I go for these instead of the Sirui Venus set (if weight wasn't an issue)?

• @filipbracevac6580
    @filipbracevac6580 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Do you see any difference between Venus and Saturn lenses. Some people say the Venus has more cinematic/organic look than Saturn ? thanks

• @karintosco
    @karintosco 6 หลายเดือนก่อน

Is wobbling effect normal in anamorphic lenses when using a camera stabilizer? I use the Sony A7 IV. Do you recommend using the active or standard setting at a specific focal length, or should it be deactivated

• @AnamorphicOnABudget
      @AnamorphicOnABudget  6 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

It should be off for any camera that doesn't support anamorphic stabilization in particular - and as far as I know, LUMIX is the only one who does!

• @benjhaisch
    @benjhaisch 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +4

The ) distortion ( for me is such a bummer.

• @AnamorphicOnABudget
      @AnamorphicOnABudget  8 หลายเดือนก่อน +4

I love how you used the parenthesis for distortion! hahaha. I'll be using this from now on.

• @dj_laundry_list
      @dj_laundry_list 8 หลายเดือนก่อน

@@AnamorphicOnABudget I use 🛢 for barrel distortion but the emoji doesn't look like a barrel on some platforms

• @utooboobnoob
      @utooboobnoob 8 หลายเดือนก่อน

@benjhaisch and @AnamorphicOnABudget, what’s your “Goto” set of morphs at the moment?

• @snickthebossofficial
    @snickthebossofficial 6 หลายเดือนก่อน

I just bought the 50mm saturn. What aperture should i shoot at for the best cinema look/ bokeh? (Kind of a newbie) what number should i line it up to ?

• @AnamorphicOnABudget
      @AnamorphicOnABudget  6 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

If you can film with it wide open (T2.9), that's my recommendation on these lenses.

• @drrrw
    @drrrw 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

They just fixed the variable squeeze that fast. What's next they'll put autofocus because they just released their apsc autofocus lenses.

• @RealDaveTheFreak
    @RealDaveTheFreak 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Gotta admit, I'm impressed. And it's quite affordable as well... maybe I don't have to save up for the Viltrox Epic 35mm after all? 😂

• @financial_age
    @financial_age 7 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Hi, Are you planning to do a comparison video between all the new anamorphic options, it seems like the last 2 years a lot of options came to market. And looking for the best ones yet. The DZOFILM Pavo 2x looks quite nice I think, but maybe there are cheaper/better alternatives? Would def want to see a side by side by all these anamorphics.
    Thanks and keep up the good work!

• @AnamorphicOnABudget
      @AnamorphicOnABudget  7 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

I am working on that, but it's coming together slowly. Stay tuned!

• @Shah_creates
      @Shah_creates 6 หลายเดือนก่อน

​@@AnamorphicOnABudget Please include the Laowa Nanomorphs in this comparison! I wish it did full frame but excellent in every other way.

• @REMY.C.
    @REMY.C. 8 หลายเดือนก่อน

Is there any benefit of using those 1.6 lenses on non full frame and non open gate cameras like the Fuji's xt4?

• @AnamorphicOnABudget
      @AnamorphicOnABudget  8 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

1.6x anamorphic squeeze is enough of a benefit. hahaha

• @REMY.C.
      @REMY.C. 8 หลายเดือนก่อน

@@AnamorphicOnABudget Thanks Tito 😂

• @user-jp9js9th8o
    @user-jp9js9th8o 8 หลายเดือนก่อน

thank you one more time again;-). one point: @4:44 SHARPNESS... is there a compression mistake at TH-cam? I wouldn't call that really sharp and contrasty ... that could be a point for the VENUS series: much more relaxted optical design than this min-anamorphs, and I am not sure if the use of aspheric lenses supports the anamorphic look ("mojo") really... what do you mean, you have much more experience with that sort of glass;-)

• @MathiasAmling
    @MathiasAmling 7 หลายเดือนก่อน

which of the three do you like best?

• @AnamorphicOnABudget
      @AnamorphicOnABudget  7 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

The 35mm, because it's so absurdly wide.

• @user-gl1ph7dk6b
    @user-gl1ph7dk6b 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

I do wish that Sirui would release these lenses in either a PL or EF mount, I understand why they don't but I still wish they did just for the sake of being able to switch between different mirrorless camera brands or cinema cameras without having to buy a whole new set with a different mount. Especially since renting these lenses would just be a pain where I live, if its even possible

• @Trevellian
      @Trevellian 8 หลายเดือนก่อน

They're losing sales by not releasing in PL and EF. Competition in the amamorphic space is growing rapidly. And a lot of that competition is releasing in PL and EF.

• @fellowcitizen
      @fellowcitizen 8 หลายเดือนก่อน

There's no way an SLR flange-mount would allow them to be so small. If they were to do so they'd be double the size and weight; maybe more for wider-angle lenses. L-mount is the way to go.

• @Trevellian
      @Trevellian 8 หลายเดือนก่อน

​@@fellowcitizen They've since announced that they will be releasing a PL version next year. Don't want to be locked into any mount, and PL adapts to everything.

• @garry.dhandwar
    @garry.dhandwar 6 หลายเดือนก่อน

hey brother, could you please make a video about photography with anamorphic lenses but take sideways in portrait style rather than landscape, and also try to make a reel(tiktok) aspect ratio video but filmed sideways. thanks

• @banjarafilms
    @banjarafilms 4 หลายเดือนก่อน

pleae do a blazar remus lens review

• @chrisabruce
    @chrisabruce 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Is this better than the Nanomorphs?

• @Onewiththesauce8
      @Onewiththesauce8 8 หลายเดือนก่อน

Wondering the same thing

• @DaveLerrick
      @DaveLerrick 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

These are Full-frame compatible, the Nanomorphs not. Which ones are better is subjective I would say

• @DaveLerrick
      @DaveLerrick 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Nanomorphs have interchangeable mounts if you care about that

• @fellowcitizen

I'm not sure which one to get

• @AnamorphicOnABudget
      @AnamorphicOnABudget  8 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

I really dig the 35, which is a bummer because it's the oldest one. hahaha!

• @fellowcitizen

Hopefully it will discount sooner, then! I've got Lumix, but I'm going to try some street photography on the apsc TL2, too, and that would make it both a 35mm and a 50mm for FOV --- combining the two classic focal lengths for doco @@AnamorphicOnABudget

• @Borodin410
    @Borodin410 8 หลายเดือนก่อน

Why would anyone go for the Venus now?

• @secretgoldfish
    @secretgoldfish 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

I don't understand why you'd use these on a (non open gate) full frame sensor unless you wanted to shoot in a ridiculously wide ratio or crop a LOT.

• @cineM4RL
      @cineM4RL 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Cropping from 2.8 to a standard cinema 2.4 is really only a 15% crop. Doing this also allows you to add small pans without moving the camera or to move the image slightly shot to shot to find the best possible frame. Me personally, I love a crazy wide 2.845:1 image. It looks amazing on a large screen.

• @owenjenkinsofficial
    @owenjenkinsofficial 5 หลายเดือนก่อน

Now do the REMUS

• @christopherduran9926
    @christopherduran9926 6 หลายเดือนก่อน

Tito, where’s your Remus review buddy!?

• @AnamorphicOnABudget
      @AnamorphicOnABudget  6 หลายเดือนก่อน

Waiting on them! Probably in mid March, early April.

• @lombardy3274
    @lombardy3274 6 หลายเดือนก่อน

the Venus image seems more cinematic (no idea why).

• @filipbracevac6580
      @filipbracevac6580 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

What do you mean by this? im looking to buy venus or saturn and would prefere cinematic look. thanks

• @jositoon
    @jositoon 7 หลายเดือนก่อน

Its been two weeks with out views. When is the review for the Blazer Remus coming out? You mentined in your channel videos every Thursday.

• @AnamorphicOnABudget
      @AnamorphicOnABudget  7 หลายเดือนก่อน

It's Christmas break! I have a video coming out next week - and it's every MONDAY. :P
      The Blazar people didn't send me a sample, so I can't review it even if I wanted to. hahaha

• @gryffinmorgan
    @gryffinmorgan 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

*Cries in I have an EF mount camera* 😢

• @pawelnowicki
    @pawelnowicki 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Still GreatJoy is better IMHO

• @saintsasha9825
      @saintsasha9825 8 หลายเดือนก่อน

Absolutely. I wish they would release a 1.33x APS-C set. Even their first lens (60mm 1.33x) was incredibly.

• @Shah_creates
    @Shah_creates 6 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Your GF is a cool biker. Coming from a motorcyclist.

• @danivasilioglufilms
    @danivasilioglufilms 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +10

I don't see the anamorphic mojo in these images. Pass.

• @walmartpimp2
      @walmartpimp2 7 หลายเดือนก่อน

I’m with you. They got too much of a spherical look. Sure they flare and have oval bokeh, but the quality of those flares and oval bokeh is kinda subpar, imho. I really want to get a pair of DZO Pavo Anamorphic lenses (32mm & 75mm), but they don’t come in Sony E mount and $11,000 for two lenses I will rarely use and no one will ever rent from me is a huge investment I’d rather not take. I guess i will have to settle with the Sirui Saturn lenses.

• @blainemarcano
      @blainemarcano 4 หลายเดือนก่อน

That’s true. But it’s exactly what I’ve been looking for. It just goes to show that everyone has their own preference. 😊