Why is this the Best Selling DSLR? | Canon T7

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 12 มิ.ย. 2019
  • Get a Canon T7 & Camera Gear featured in this video - kit.co/PotatoJet/canon-t7
    My Beginners Course on Filming with ANY camera! - bit.ly/3moEozi
    My Course on Making Epic Online Content - bit.ly/3j9xVG8
    LUTs for COLOR GRADING - potatojet.com/collections/lut...
    PotatoJet Stuff - potatojet.com/
    ►GEAR
    Camera Gear I use for TH-cam - kit.co/PotatoJet/my-favorite-...
    Favorite Budget Friendly Camera Gear - kit.co/PotatoJet/favorite-bud...
    My Favorite Camera Gear for Pro Work - kit.co/PotatoJet/favorite-pro...
    My Editing Setup - kit.co/PotatoJet/my-editing-s...
    ♪♪ Music for this video from Epidemic - (Link to Free Trial) share.epidemicsound.com/N2S2Q
    ♪♪ Additional Music for this video from Musicbed - share.mscbd.fm/GeneNagata (Use Code POTATOJET for 1st Month Free w/ year subscription)
    ►Vlog Channel - / genenagata
    ►Instagram | / genenagata
  • ภาพยนตร์และแอนิเมชัน

ความคิดเห็น • 1.2K

• @excalibro3006
    @excalibro3006 2 ปีที่แล้ว +305

The Rebel T7 is a fantastic camera! I use it to shoot weddings and earn around $2k. You simply have to work around the camera's limitations and invest in a 50mm or 24mm prime lens. I recently purchased a 90d and sold my T7, and I am forever grateful for the experience I gained with that camera.

• @ssona_
      @ssona_ ปีที่แล้ว +2

Any good lenses you’d recommend for shooting weddings?

• @excalibro3006
      @excalibro3006 ปีที่แล้ว +16

@@ssona_ I would recommend kit lens, 24mm f2.8, 50mm f1.8 and 85mm f1.8

• @thriftygamer8366
      @thriftygamer8366 ปีที่แล้ว +7

Doing street photography with 35mm and 120. The T7 looks to be something I can mix and match some of my older ef lenses with.

• @QUADUL8R
      @QUADUL8R ปีที่แล้ว +1

I actually have the T7

• @coachrobwille4176
      @coachrobwille4176 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi does it have a flip screen ?

• @tombuck
    @tombuck 5 ปีที่แล้ว +635

The Rebels are awesome. More importantly, they stand up to years of (ab)use from my high school students and they just keep working. Killer deal for $399!

• @davidperrii
      @davidperrii 5 ปีที่แล้ว +13

The Enthusiasm Project why do I feel attacked from this comment my rebel didn’t suffer....that much abuse 😂

• @FlatWaterFilms
      @FlatWaterFilms 4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

The beast as they call them.

• @agent_447
      @agent_447 4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

I still own a 350d that works

• @a97b18b
      @a97b18b 4 ปีที่แล้ว +5

What would you recommend for someone who knows basically nothing about photography? I’ve just been using my phone but would like to get an actual camera. I’ve been looking at canon and the Sony a6000. I would like to stay around $600 or less

• @FlatWaterFilms
      @FlatWaterFilms 4 ปีที่แล้ว +6

@@a97b18b You can find used Rebels with kit lens for $150 now. Shoots in 1080p too.

• @bkrnc23
    @bkrnc23 5 ปีที่แล้ว +867

Don't blame the dogs for farting. I know it was you. 😉🤣
    Great content as always. Keep it UP!

• @gustavosuenaga
      @gustavosuenaga 5 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Renwick C lol is the UP thing back?

• @yummybleach1160
      @yummybleach1160 5 ปีที่แล้ว +7

That was so creepy I just farted then when to the the comments and saw this!!!

• @DaddyM7MD
      @DaddyM7MD 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

He's Crying Right Now😂😂😂

• @DaddyM7MD
      @DaddyM7MD 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@yummybleach1160 ={

• @peterjonesdelacruz
      @peterjonesdelacruz 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Holy fuck! You beat me to it.

• @KevinStudent
    @KevinStudent 5 ปีที่แล้ว +537

People underestimate how important it is to have entry level cameras! Not everyone wants/needs to shoot on top of the line stuff!

• @drinkmorwaters2276
      @drinkmorwaters2276 4 ปีที่แล้ว +18

How do you know when it’s time to upgrade from an entry level camera?

• @sonnychavezofficial
      @sonnychavezofficial 4 ปีที่แล้ว +40

DRINKMOR WATERS when it’s old and you’re committed

• @bradleymorris8875
      @bradleymorris8875 4 ปีที่แล้ว +24

Sonny Chavez I bought a 7D MK ll and could not get a handle on it. I then bought a Rebel and cheated with it until I got my head wrapped around the what when and where. Best $400 I ever spent.

• @disrespectz
      @disrespectz 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Kevin Student i actually traded a canon power shot sx530 ( i think it is) for his t6i plus a little cash, he wanted a point and shoot and i wanted a a little better that the t3i i still have. Like that saying goes, never forget where you started

• @GlitzGlamTVProductions
      @GlitzGlamTVProductions 4 ปีที่แล้ว +8

@@drinkmorwaters2276 that's a very good question. The best answer is this: take the time to learn the operations of the camera, manual controls, etc. Once you reach the point where you've reached its limitations of the camera and need more to grow, that is when it's time to upgrade. But in the meantime, focus on getting comfortable with the manual controls..once you master them, you can feel your way around any camera and not be limited to cameras with the best automatic features.

• @RudyAyoub
    @RudyAyoub 5 ปีที่แล้ว +207

Always quality that is going UP with you

• @AndrewPenner
    @AndrewPenner 4 ปีที่แล้ว +74

I bought a T7 in April 2019. Several thousand shots and 11 months later, and I've upgraded to an 80D (along with an 18-135mm, 50mm, and 55-250mm alonythe way) I learned a lot on it and am glad for the experience. Is it great? No - is it a good way to get into DSLRs? From my experience, I'd say YES

• @abhignansai8313
      @abhignansai8313 4 ปีที่แล้ว +7

My experience with is really good too but I'm interested in wildlife photography and continuous focusing and FPS are really some for some sort of action I paired it up with 18-55 (Kit lens), 50mm f1.8 STM, 55-250 is STM that's my kit until I upgrade

• @AndrewPenner
      @AndrewPenner 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

@@abhignansai8313 I've got that same set of lenses, with the addition of an 18-135mm. STM. Typically I carry that and my 50mm and I feel it covers almost all my shooting. Feel free to check my Instagram: @andrewp1978

• @BankFishVince
    @BankFishVince 4 ปีที่แล้ว +16

This is my 1st time watching a camera review on professional cameras as I’m looking for new cameras to help improve my channel and I must say this video set the bar for other camera reviewers I loved the commentary and never got bored with the great footage and camera shots and b roll. Fantastic video! Very much appreciated!!! 👍🏾

• @editwithrune3732
    @editwithrune3732 5 ปีที่แล้ว +15

The rebel series is a total gateway into photography, I bought my 400d many years ago and got me hooked on photography, since I have bought better camera bodies but the 400d is proudly still being used as a prop cam in my videos :)

• @bulentozdemir
    @bulentozdemir 5 ปีที่แล้ว +132

In my experience, the Rebel series have been a good balance between cost vs image quality. Especially when the DSLR movement started back in the day.

• @labiblaksana9248
      @labiblaksana9248 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

i wonder whether it is 300 or 500 cc

• @prodelhidrivers
    @prodelhidrivers 5 ปีที่แล้ว +630

T7 sales are going UP and UP , day by day.

• @epicdocumentaries7219
      @epicdocumentaries7219 5 ปีที่แล้ว +8

So whats better? T7i Or Canon T7?

• @Redwaversz
      @Redwaversz 5 ปีที่แล้ว +23

@@epicdocumentaries7219 T7i lol

• @CJKisame
      @CJKisame 5 ปีที่แล้ว +7

@@epicdocumentaries7219 of course M50 haha

• @AmanAli-mi5ev
      @AmanAli-mi5ev 4 ปีที่แล้ว +8

Ofcourse your eye lol

• @mhvisionzz9690
      @mhvisionzz9690 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Do they have 4k

• @spete7
    @spete7 4 ปีที่แล้ว +11

I currently shoot on the a7 these days but the rebel series is single-handedly what got me into photography and later videography and I still recommend those cameras as great cheap entry level cameras to get a feel for the hobby.

• @konradwagler9646
    @konradwagler9646 5 ปีที่แล้ว +341

"Hey what's that lens do"
    Like it's just a second kit lens
    *Holds a 50 f1.2 *

• @rappermerch7785
      @rappermerch7785 4 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Yes, but actually no

• @drDantes
      @drDantes 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@rappermerch7785 no. yes. go to jail

• @st.michaelthearchangel7774
      @st.michaelthearchangel7774 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@drDantes Lolz. What? xD

• @drDantes
      @drDantes 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@st.michaelthearchangel7774 bill wurtz said it. Stick and ball. Haha.

• @LucasPierobon
    @LucasPierobon 5 ปีที่แล้ว +14

Have you ever realized that when you put Potato Jet´s videos at 200% speed it is funnier than in 75% speed...
    Love this channel

• @Myhouseproductions1
    @Myhouseproductions1 5 ปีที่แล้ว +9

My motto in getting new camera gear has always been Lenses> camera body. I've been using my t6i with my sigma 18-35mm, and the result for video/Photos are great!

• @glendongopaul2098
      @glendongopaul2098 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Myhouseproductions Do you have content we can look at? IG page?

• @abstractfilms632
    @abstractfilms632 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Personality, style, in depth camera reviews and great video editing. I love this channel.

• @MMortal
    @MMortal 5 ปีที่แล้ว +86

Motorbike stunts next?!! Right arm this time 😅
    Go full RoboCop

• @PavSZ
    @PavSZ 5 ปีที่แล้ว +8

WOW! it just shows that it's not the camera but the person using it. Amazon must LOVE you 😍

• @GlitzGlamTVProductions
      @GlitzGlamTVProductions 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Truth. Shot composition can make just about any camera look good. It's the composition we love more than the image quality.

• @tallestofmatthews
    @tallestofmatthews 5 ปีที่แล้ว +6

I bought the canon T6 last year and I do all my photography on it. I love it, got myself a few decent lenses and I’m set for a little bit. I liked this video a lot tho.

• @FlatWaterFilms
    @FlatWaterFilms 4 ปีที่แล้ว

I'm using a 5Ti and only shoot in 'M'. Updated the lens to a Canon 18-135 USM with a power zoom. Paid $400 with two kit lens. It works. I mainly shoot landscape. Took awhile as I got some bad lens hunting until I turned off the servo motor. The auto focus is not the best, but for immovable objects and not to crazy action shots, it works fine. My biggest grip is, I'm more of a aperture guy and have to press the A/V button while spinning the dial at the same time.

• @jjfalk
    @jjfalk 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Nice to hear a bit about your old Canon Rebel... I'm making my first steps into photography with a used Rebel T4i (650d), got it for $200 w/ 18-55, 80-200, tripod, backpack & extra battery :) Thanks for the video too, solid tips!

• @paulmclain4639
    @paulmclain4639 5 ปีที่แล้ว +3

I don’t know if Potato Jet will notice me but,
    I really love your content, I watch it every time I need to brighten up my day since your videos are always easygoing and chill compared to other TH-camrs I watch. Thank you! I hope you notice this

• @Rayllev
      @Rayllev 4 ปีที่แล้ว

❤❤❤

• @TheJudge064
    @TheJudge064 5 ปีที่แล้ว +7

As an amature landscape shooter I can tell you that is this 100% all you need for photography. I do agree that there are some features missing for the video geeks, but as someone who regularly takes his trusty old t3i on hikes, you don't need anything more than this. In fact, I would go so far as to recommend the t3i to anyone on a really tight budget wanting to get into photography. The only aspect that matters for photo that is a weak point of the t3i is its dynamic range, which no doubt the t7 has more of.
    Even if you can afford something more expensive than the t7, I'd advise you to save your money and get more lenses instead.

• @RidingintheOzarks
    @RidingintheOzarks 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for the review and LOVE that you guys Ride, be safe and keep on riding!

• @rjohnsonphotography
    @rjohnsonphotography ปีที่แล้ว +6

What I learned about the autofocus on this camera is that you have to be within range of the focal length of the lens in order for it to autofocus and get a clear picture

• @theDMLair
    @theDMLair 5 ปีที่แล้ว +8

Dude, you're hilarious. Love your videos. (Great information, too!)

• @chrisg4229
    @chrisg4229 5 ปีที่แล้ว +8

I was thinking of getting the t7i next soon and I was actually going to ask if that one is a good choice for film, I’m so impatient 😂 you answered my question in video at 2:59 😂 thanks though, appreciate it.

• @mikejaytv4862
    @mikejaytv4862 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

This dude is just amazing. He just explained everything I need to hear. 👏👏

• @spitemeta
    @spitemeta 5 ปีที่แล้ว +3

My first DSLR was the 200D/SL2 I learned before I got it on a "performance" point and shoot and my 200D photos are amazing

• @1806StoneHouse
    @1806StoneHouse 5 ปีที่แล้ว +11

I use the T7i and I love it! It’s basically the same as the 70D ( mostly) in that it offers duel auto focus, mic input, APS-C CMOS sensor, etc.. I bought it used with 2 nice lenses for 525.00. You can’t beat the value. It’s a great beginners camera 👍

• @katiejon17
      @katiejon17 ปีที่แล้ว

Three years later.... do you find this would be good for beginners interested in video?

• @1806StoneHouse
      @1806StoneHouse ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@katiejon17 yes, I’m still using mine.

• @katiejon17
      @katiejon17 ปีที่แล้ว

@@1806StoneHouse fantastic. I think this is the one I’m interested in then, appreciate the help.

• @lizardkeeper100
    @lizardkeeper100 5 ปีที่แล้ว +14

The happiness the new motorcycle brought carrie made my day.

• @tonystechchann
    @tonystechchann ปีที่แล้ว +1

I love your charisma over the camera

• @caldera878
    @caldera878 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

The humble rebel. A camera that teaches you about the skills and experience of photography. So much better than any smartphone.

• @MexicanPoro
    @MexicanPoro 5 ปีที่แล้ว +7

I'm currently loving my canon t5i that I got used last year, learning the ropes with photography, but would also like to venture into video, but I know lenses are king over body.

• @UNSCPILOT
      @UNSCPILOT 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Same here, learning my way around with a Rebel T6, got it primarily for Astrophotography and have been branching out into other uses as I go, lots of landscape photography perhaps unsurprisingly

• @supjay3945
      @supjay3945 4 ปีที่แล้ว

I got my t5i for both because I heard it was good for video…

• @Saltycures
    @Saltycures 4 ปีที่แล้ว +231

Why is it the best selling camera? One word - Costco

• @jperales423
      @jperales423 4 ปีที่แล้ว +5

Thats where i seen it😂

• @keyshad6053
      @keyshad6053 4 ปีที่แล้ว +4

That where I bought mines😂

• @karlachavez5328
      @karlachavez5328 4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Lol... I just bought mine there today 😁

• @Saltycures
      @Saltycures 4 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Karla Chavez I rest my case 🤣

• @hendrix6602
      @hendrix6602 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Is it cheaper there? Idk I was thinking about getting this camera to take pics but I’m just a regular guy looking for a camera to take some family photos and pictures of landscape on trips also I’m considering the canon power shot sx620 which one should I get?

• @arab365
    @arab365 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Love your videos! You are an inspiration. Keep em' coming.

• @paunpaun6988
    @paunpaun6988 5 ปีที่แล้ว

I don't care what are your vids about anymore, I just watch them all. Super chill & funny personality u got there

• @TimeCodeMechanics
    @TimeCodeMechanics 5 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Hell, a used T3i is still good for entry level stuff. This line of cameras is a awesome! I shot the majority of two films on a T3i.

• @ijam2279
    @ijam2279 5 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Your hand getting better

• @vinnyalii
    @vinnyalii 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I love the comedy relief I get from watching your videos man ❤️

• @TheDonDIVA
    @TheDonDIVA 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I'm not tech savvy at all but your videos have helped me a lot. I'm on my way to Best Buy to get the t7i now! I had an a5100 and it's horrible for recording..it's just horrible, but you live and you learn. Thank you !

• @shauntan04
    @shauntan04 5 ปีที่แล้ว +6

ur a fighter bro! one hand beast hahaha but wow! good price, not too complex and for a beginner and aspiring vlogger that's perfect. i think....

• @alexaudiovisuals
    @alexaudiovisuals 5 ปีที่แล้ว +7

Oh daaamn, the .75 speed drunk thing is sooo hillarious, im dying!!

• @Ironman3521
    @Ironman3521 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Awesome video you answered a lot of questions I had about the T7

• @alejandrolorenzophotograph1624
    @alejandrolorenzophotograph1624 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I go for the Canon M50 for the basic stuff like going out to practice with students or when I don't want / need to carry heavy equipment 😀 It's not too much more expensive than that one and I find it pretty decent for the price.

• @cheifareno4924
    @cheifareno4924 4 ปีที่แล้ว +6

i remember my first dslr, the t2i (or 550D over here in the uk) and even now i would recoomend it as a first if someone wants to learn photography or get into video, suprisingly durable and has everything to get someone started, even now im using a 600d (t3i for you americans) and loving it after the howmany years of abuse its been through.

• @subhradeepsharma
    @subhradeepsharma 5 ปีที่แล้ว +3

4:44 behind that lemon 🍋. That is some crazy noise.

• @stevndelozada3640
    @stevndelozada3640 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Love all your videos they are a pleasure to watch. I actually downloaded them as MP4's so I can watch over and over again. yes, I have no life and live thru your videos. Loved your videos on the ARRI equipment and the ARRI lenses i could never afford in my lifetime, but they made me your fan. Stevn

• @impossibleyes
    @impossibleyes 5 ปีที่แล้ว

I had 2 crashes on bike back in this February; no visible injuries just injured my left elbow. It hurts a little while depressing clutch. Recovering slowly. I might talk with my doctor for the brace by showing your video.

• @Nathan-wn5mc
    @Nathan-wn5mc 5 ปีที่แล้ว +5

Awesome video, incredible how a camera can come to life when some one with experience gets hold of it. I watch review after review on Cameras and can't seem to make my choice. I want something that's great for photography. I could care less about the video quality.

• @MatthiasAI
    @MatthiasAI 5 ปีที่แล้ว +8

"No Im not Canadian, I dont got heathcare" xD

• @AdamMurrayLive
    @AdamMurrayLive 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I dig your content, man. Keep it up.

• @Jvaldes609
    @Jvaldes609 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks I got 1 and enjoy it u helped me with the lens, now I got to add a nifty 50 lens to do video since I’m a total beginner as well.

• @MohondhaY
    @MohondhaY 5 ปีที่แล้ว +5

Do a video on Canon SL3. It does 10bit 422 with Ninja V.

• @TimidMC
    @TimidMC 3 ปีที่แล้ว +4

I still have my T2i. It's been solid all this time.

• @cephanie
      @cephanie 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Does it have a flip screen?

• @noeliat7922
    @noeliat7922 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Thank you for this much detailed video ♥️💯🙌🏼

• @AnandaGarden
    @AnandaGarden 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Lots of fun, thanks. Sweet gift to Cari!

• @PraveenKumar-fs6of
    @PraveenKumar-fs6of 5 ปีที่แล้ว +10

O man, When you hit MANUAL mode, it was eos R (at least ).

• @SammyBFilms
    @SammyBFilms 5 ปีที่แล้ว +5

You should make attachments for your robo-arm, so when your filming you have things like gaffer tape, batteries, ect always within arms length! :-D
    Also, I'm still using the T5i! :-)

• @maxwell5428
      @maxwell5428 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Sammy B Films t6i user here. The only thing I dislike about the mine is no dual pixel autofocus and there’s no 1080 60fps. I need slowmo for my type of video making

• @TinkTV
    @TinkTV 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

❤OMG, Hi. I was here for the camera. I didn't expect the added bonus of the motorcycles.
    I'm a rider too. My first bike was a Honda.
    I've since sold that one. I ride a Busa and Harley now.
    I love her reaction to the new bike.
    Thanks for the great camera information that you provided. I'm searching for a new camera to purchase on black Friday.
    Have a wonderful day. 🥰

• @jousiammuntakanava
    @jousiammuntakanava 4 ปีที่แล้ว

I'm waiting for my canon eos m50. I fell in love with the autofocus and it is going to be astronomical improvement to my canon legria hfr606.

• @Azz-M
    @Azz-M 5 ปีที่แล้ว +15

2:56 you ment :
    what did i gave you

• @Ava-yj7vt
    @Ava-yj7vt 5 ปีที่แล้ว +3

The way I see it is that most camera's, no matter the price, are pretty good with good glass.

• @Frm_nature
    @Frm_nature 4 ปีที่แล้ว

I like your personality. You seem to very knowledgeable and informative. I am new...like new new.just got this camera lastnight new lol so will be checking out your stuff a lot!!!!🤙🏾

• @ronin5979
    @ronin5979 3 ปีที่แล้ว

lmao, I love how smooth you were in not mentioning the name on that YN 50mm.

• @bobewu9959
    @bobewu9959 5 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Hey guys can you please press like so potato jet can see it?
    Dear Mr.Potato?,
    I'm a big fan of yours. My name is Bobe, I am fourteen years old, a noob filmmaker, I've made some video/shorts before. I hope that one day I can make videos in LA just like you and maybe work in the industry when I grow up. I'm going to this filmmaking camp in Burbank from the end of June to the start of August. I was wondering if there is a way that I can meet you maybe grab lunch on the weekend because you really inspire me as there isn't much Asian filmmaker on youtube and generally Asian in the filmmaking industry in America so I really look up to you. I know I might be asking too much but I just really want to meet you in person and get to know you.

• @FutherGaming
    @FutherGaming 5 ปีที่แล้ว +102

Nobody:
    Potato: 399$
    Me: Buy this chair for only £399!

• @diantownsend3350
    @diantownsend3350 5 ปีที่แล้ว

I bought the twin lens bundle a week ago. Upgraded from the powershot sx530hs and what a great decision. For the price, it is great!

• @noahmukono
    @noahmukono 5 ปีที่แล้ว

1:35-1:45 😂😂😂 was watching the video and my desk mate thought you wer talking about kegels smh!

• @takestime2026
    @takestime2026 4 ปีที่แล้ว +10

Bro i was willing to buy canon 200d mark ii for striming what do u think about that one?

• @rammingtime
      @rammingtime 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@Nyx Hypnos or get an arri camera as a webcam

• @slykhajiit2
      @slykhajiit2 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@rammingtime Yea bro, get a little strap to put it on top of your monitor while you're at it right? (Something that could support 25 kg or so lmao.)

• @marksarmiento5408
    @marksarmiento5408 5 ปีที่แล้ว +13

Kind enough to give it to me then? Hahaha still saving up for my own Camera 😁

• @whosjozikolnik
      @whosjozikolnik 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

What did you end up getting?😁

• @busywl69
    @busywl69 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Really love my XTi. Still really great. Only reason I'd want to upgrade is for a flip LCD & 1080p video, its nice to know there are some affordable upgrades when I'm ready to do so.
    But I do get tired of all my "went to photography school" friends still trying to pimp me to get a Nikon because 'its a nikon'.

• @bonedface
    @bonedface 5 ปีที่แล้ว

great video, Potato Vong!

• @ProsLab
    @ProsLab 5 ปีที่แล้ว +474

You could have added 30 more seconds in this video and make it 10 minutes long and earn a bit more😅😅😅

• @HwL01
      @HwL01 5 ปีที่แล้ว +31

clearly those money didn't concern him at all :D

• @jGRite
      @jGRite 5 ปีที่แล้ว

...but then I wouldn't've watched it now.

• @THEMATT222
      @THEMATT222 5 ปีที่แล้ว +8

*31* 9:59 wouldn't bring his income UP!

• @undisclosedperson3871
      @undisclosedperson3871 5 ปีที่แล้ว +17

You don’t magically make more money by making the video 10 minutes long, you have to enable midroll ads, which can effect watch time, which can actually lower revenue if the viewer isn’t super engaged in the content.

• @DaddyM7MD
      @DaddyM7MD 4 ปีที่แล้ว

You Heard Him His Priority Is The video..... And Turns Out He Was Lying 😂

• @elmikatv
    @elmikatv 4 ปีที่แล้ว +5

I bought that for video because of three things: mic input, screen that turn 180 and price. The only negative in this camera is it doesn't shoot in 4k... But I don't use 4k so this is very good camera.
    Edit: Oh sorry I have the canon rebel not the 7t

• @kodaxrose50
    @kodaxrose50 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Just got one for my birthday ...love it

• @jbar_85
    @jbar_85 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I have a Canon M50 and I upgraded from my Canon G7X Mark ii and I technically made more then the original cost of the camera lol! Canon’s do hold great resale value. I love my new m50, it’s awesome!

• @Slowboy03
    @Slowboy03 4 ปีที่แล้ว +4

I have this camera but there’s one thing I don’t like, I can’t use my rode microphone with it, you have to buy the rebel t7i instead then you can use a mic

• @uzzielfontan2338
      @uzzielfontan2338 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Yeah, that was my main issue. Everytime I do a video, I got to use a video recorder to get nice audio...

• @ariadnagijon2690
    @ariadnagijon2690 3 ปีที่แล้ว +9

Would this camera work for a beginner photographer? Like for some low end or just newbie photo shoots? Just to get started on a budget? If not which camera would you recommend?

• @USNVA-yn6cp
      @USNVA-yn6cp 2 ปีที่แล้ว

no,, accordijng to the pros out there, you need to spend many thousands to get a real camera

• @kingsamvisuals
    @kingsamvisuals 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I love the M50. Its awesome. I have the Yongnuo 50mm for $45 amd its decent. If u use manual focus for video or u record audio externally its great. The focus is noisy.

• @eezygange4kE
    @eezygange4kE 2 ปีที่แล้ว

so well explained preciate you

• @ashish99311
    @ashish99311 5 ปีที่แล้ว +13

hello mr potato
    please do review of sony a6400

• @robertlivingstone
    @robertlivingstone 5 ปีที่แล้ว +16

Why don't you review Fujifilm cameras? Like the X-T3

• @CinemaSteve
      @CinemaSteve 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Because their videography is still niche compared to Canon and Sony. And he’s a Canon guy so I doubt he knows how to use a Fuji camera. The only Fuji things he’s probably used are Fujinon cine lenses.

• @ThinkingArtEntertainment
      @ThinkingArtEntertainment 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Probably because he gets Canon sponsorship deals!

• @chromaticvisuelle
      @chromaticvisuelle 5 ปีที่แล้ว

I tried the x-t3, just incredible !

• @jennabruce7474
    @jennabruce7474 3 ปีที่แล้ว

this was so helpful!! thank you :)

• @kusanagisan18
    @kusanagisan18 3 ปีที่แล้ว

This was a great review. Thank you.

• @madflyer1093
    @madflyer1093 5 ปีที่แล้ว +5

you should go to best buy with a hidden camera and find their recommendation

• @EricLefebvrePhotography
    @EricLefebvrePhotography 5 ปีที่แล้ว +5

Too bad Magic Lantern doesn't have a port for the T7, it would solve a lot of your issues with the camera.

• @wayfarerzen3393
    @wayfarerzen3393 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

So, just my 2 cents, I have a Canon Rebel T5 and my friend has a Canon Rebel T6, and we both absolutely love our cameras for our uses, mainly amateur photography, and it was cheap as hell to buy. I have no need to get a brand new camera right this second, but if I did, i'd probably go with the T7.

• @debbiemenezes
    @debbiemenezes 4 ปีที่แล้ว

thanks for the best review i ever seen.

• @BharathRaj
    @BharathRaj 5 ปีที่แล้ว +4

I have a Canon 1300d, which is known as the Rebel T6 in the US I guess. It is THE BEST camera to start learning.

• @luanmaia
    @luanmaia 5 ปีที่แล้ว +7

This line of canon DSLR was always selling well, its "ok" but limited. I do have one T3i (600D ) and do some easy/simple job well when paired with some good lens.

• @TwoDollarGararge
      @TwoDollarGararge 5 ปีที่แล้ว

My t6 1300d and the nifty 50 great combo

• @JorgePadilla
    @JorgePadilla 4 ปีที่แล้ว

I have a t7i and I love it thank you Jason Vong!

• @MurdockCakeLie
    @MurdockCakeLie 4 ปีที่แล้ว

My first camera was the T3i and I didn’t know crap. I learned a lot on that camera though. Entry-level cameras are where you do your learning. I still have that T3i and I put that same Sigma 18-35 on it and boy it’s buttery smooth with that good glass

• @ariamaze9081
    @ariamaze9081 5 ปีที่แล้ว +3

3:55 oh! God, that was real cinematic shoot, I just want that camera now so badly... So... Can I have it just because I love your videos? :'3

• @DaddyM7MD
      @DaddyM7MD 4 ปีที่แล้ว

The Face Thou 😂

• @louisuy_
    @louisuy_ 5 ปีที่แล้ว +4

3:28
    "what's that lense do" is something i would never be able to ask as a beginner or as an intermediate camera-consumer to a 1.5K USD lense

• @benbourne54645
    @benbourne54645 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for the advice.

• @CrystalGil
    @CrystalGil 4 ปีที่แล้ว

I just love your tone of voice and facial expressions LOL 😂

• @JulezDeJesus
    @JulezDeJesus 4 ปีที่แล้ว +5

I laughed when he said "slightly above mediocre" 😂

• @jonah1464
    @jonah1464 4 ปีที่แล้ว +6

I wish i could just go to a best buy and buy a new camera😭