• เกม

ความคิดเห็น • 746

• @Ryscu
    @Ryscu  3 หลายเดือนก่อน +26

Download Outplayed for FREE today! ✅
    www.influencerlink.org/SHKJn

• @pullsane
    @pullsane 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1053

I honestly never expected this level of production value when I first started to watch your vids in summer of 2022. This video is really interesting and informative, thanks Ryscu! :D

• @Joebobinator
      @Joebobinator 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +4

Agreed. The editing, music, and graphics are top notch. An actual professional production here, great job Ryscu and editor(s)!

• @ryugaroxas
      @ryugaroxas 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Ryscu is the GOAT

• @SimoneBellomonte
      @SimoneBellomonte 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Its not just the production value he also seems to know about what hes talking about which is actually quite refreshing to see tbh, its not really required as long as the info provided is accurate to the research done, but it sure is a nice bonus 👍 (im talking about how he seems to know about computer science, and such).

• @skittlesindadum1625
      @skittlesindadum1625 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

It's 2024. You can lose the mask now

• @justins3156
      @justins3156 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

I could not agree more! I was about to write the same exact comment beside I joined this community 2023! I appreciate the work putted in for such a great and very informative video!

• @Neo_Skarmory
    @Neo_Skarmory 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +2035

The fact that Riot isn't taking this seriously is crazy, you have the most competitive well loved server in your game not being able to play the game. what do you think will happen? less tournament appearances, less streaming views, less bought skins etc. Riot needs to take a serious look at this before it's too late.

• @BB-gj3gt
      @BB-gj3gt 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +197

Though on hindsight, I would say Riot probably are working on it undercover and don't want to publicly announce it in the fear that the DDOSERs are going to go into hiding. We'll just have to see, though I wish they weren't doing radio silence as it can look off-putting.

• @coldsun29
      @coldsun29 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +31

Are we really surprised they're not paying attention to this? I'm always confused at these comments when riot has showed for years they don't give a fuck about there game as long as money is still coming in.

• @CursedSkimMilk
      @CursedSkimMilk 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +18

But thats the thing it will affect money flow. Like it or not the lck is a huge part of lwagues income. So I agree with bb they probably are keeping hush to avoid being found out. Even if it does make them look bad visually.

• @Kelrohir
      @Kelrohir 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +30

@@coldsun29 Kekw, sure they don't care lmao
      Really those kind of comments are always so ridiculous

• @Chris-eh8mi
      @Chris-eh8mi 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +10

The fact that you think that Riot isn't taking this seriously is the truly crazy thing, lol. How inane.

• @PettyCold
    @PettyCold 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +604

DOS Attack = Large amount of packets sent to client to crash.
    DDOS Attack = Large amount of packets sent from a lot of other places (like a botnet) to crash a client.

• @bradenmcneill1037
      @bradenmcneill1037 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +57

To add on, DOS is denial of service, whereas DDOS is distributed denial of service

• @samski2185
      @samski2185 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +41

@leagueofrebellio1224 what is bro yapping about

• @SimoneBellomonte
      @SimoneBellomonte 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

@leagueofrebellio1224?

• @Asd-tk2if
      @Asd-tk2if 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

DOS hasn't been used for a long time as your modem itself can block incoming useless empty packets from a single ip. Even now DDOS with only 10-20 computers most likely won't work.

• @MrNo0p
      @MrNo0p 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Not to crash a client but to overwhelm the bandwith of targeted user with dummytraffic

• @ellisonmasangcay4468
    @ellisonmasangcay4468 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +372

I know Faker wouldn't do it, but imagine if Faker said unless they fix DDOS issue that he wouldn't attend MSI or Worlds, how fast would you think Riot would fix the issue?

• @ImaskarDono
      @ImaskarDono 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +87

I guess, he's contract jailed. But that would be a true GOAT move.

• @forg_tful.
      @forg_tful. 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +62

t1 are the most screwed by the ddos out of every pro, i wish they did that.

• @aaabbb-zc7sx
      @aaabbb-zc7sx 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +6

​@@ImaskarDononope.he simply can't join another team until 2025,but the contract can't force him to play.he can choose whether he wants to attend or not

• @ImaskarDono
      @ImaskarDono 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +12

@@aaabbb-zc7sx contracts with sponsors can force a lot of things. "To force" is relative, of course.

• @robertfernandez9135
      @robertfernandez9135 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +14

@@ImaskarDono True, T1 and Faker specially has a lot of sponsors. T1 itself would encourage or in worse case, force Faker to play due to pressure from those sponsors.
      Unless those sponsors and T1 itself are in line of Faker's actions, he just can't do that because every one will suffer (financially).

• @kazuryzuu7833
    @kazuryzuu7833 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +265

the sleuthing here is mad impressive ngl, to not only find threads from almost a decade ago and link up the sequence of events that have no clear connection to come to an understanding is mad cool af!

• @jusfab9897
    @jusfab9897 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +327

12:45
    As someone who works in IT-Security for companies.
    Most likly scenario is communication hell, left hand right hand problem.
    3 Seperate entities are involved with this so i'm pretty sure "bureaucracy" is the main reason for the slow responses.
    Meetings with too many people are hell, esp. if the circumstances are cloudy.

• @iceicejay9569
      @iceicejay9569 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

The problem isnt the beaurocracies being involved. They choose to have poor communication.

• @HappyGick
      @HappyGick 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +41

​​@@iceicejay9569 No, it is hard to communicate in big meetings. Even meetings with as few as 6 or 7 other people are hell. Companies are harder to run than it seems, especially with dire circumstances.

• @iceicejay9569
      @iceicejay9569 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

@@HappyGick again false. Companies choose ti have issues because a dozen people believe they are important enough to be involved instead of using deligate and do

• @TealHoney
      @TealHoney 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +12

​@iceicejay9569 while my statement might be wrong, it's also wrong to say their assessment on the plausible cause is incorrect as we aren't the ones on the ground.
      While we don't have the exact info, we're mostly assuming the possible causes with the current information that we have as of current

• @ddranimestyle
      @ddranimestyle 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +14

@@iceicejay9569 ...Isn't that just saying "bureaucracy" in a different way?

• @softbread1728
    @softbread1728 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +199

A company who has their source code leaked, due to that they get spam DDOS, and they can't fix it.... but they want their players to download a Kernel Level Anti-cheat... Right.

• @danielroy7372
      @danielroy7372 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +23

So real. This game company is so pathetic and so is this game.

• @ultimaabyssal2484
      @ultimaabyssal2484 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +43

Not to erm actually, but just an FYI, the problem isn't the Kernel-Level Access (every anti-cheat does that), it's the fact Vanguard launches itself in the background every single time your PC launches and stays open even if you don't play a Vanguard-protected game. THAT'S what makes it pseudo spyware. Just reminding you before there's 5 more comments going "uhm did u kno every anticheat is kernl level u stopid"

• @softbread1728
      @softbread1728 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +21

@@ultimaabyssal2484 Yeah I know lol. I'm a computer engineer. I'm not referring to the Spyware issue, which yes, it IS an issue. But in this case I'm talking about the fact that Riot is using a proprietary cheat engine when company code was leaked and the full extent was never (at least that I know of) disclosed. The leak has caused problems (DDoS on competitions) that Riot hasn't fixed. That makes it installing a proprietary kernel level anti cheat quite a risk. EVEN MORE SO with the whole other issue you mentioned.

• @mmmusa2576
      @mmmusa2576 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

What? The entire point of Vanguard is to make sure something like this doesn’t happen. Riot KR is doing nothing right now cos once Vanguard Is enabled they will get rid of their anti cheat

• @Ffoo_ffighter
      @Ffoo_ffighter 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

I'm uninstalling

• @matte9076
    @matte9076 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +63

Amazing job Ryscu! I've had the pleasure of watching your videos for a long time now, and seeing you continue to create amazing content makes me very happy!

• @Rudyliciousness
    @Rudyliciousness 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +67

I dig this style of content! Thanks for all your effort

• @Jemme95
    @Jemme95 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +5

I gotta say i love ur new takes on being a somewhat documentary channel now instead of, idk, a normal league channel with clips of ur own games and mostly short vids about some news that happened in league. I love the new longer format videos

• @Girzi
    @Girzi 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +7

I love the amount of effort and quality that go into these videos! Thanks for keeping us all in the loop on these things. And can't wait to see the next pog quality video

• @projectreznova
    @projectreznova 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +7

Bro, amazing quality of the video, so fun to watch and from a structure perspective the video is god. Hope to see more content like this

• @gustavovanegas9602
    @gustavovanegas9602 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +17

the video quality is amazing!!! great at explaining

• @chewhakka7611
    @chewhakka7611 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +5

great vid, the quality of these vids keeps increasing compoundly from one to the other. can't wait to see what's in store :D

• @finneuner8056
    @finneuner8056 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Such a good documentary. Loved it :) Keep up the great work and the high qualitly of these documentarys :)

• @yaoitiddieexpert1486
    @yaoitiddieexpert1486 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +182

From the sounds of it a Riot Games Director clicked a suspicious link and that was enough to leak the source code for their anti cheat giving hackers the ability to see any user's IP and ddos them. And they want me to install an app that can fuck with anything on my computer at any time? yeah no.

• @dieselgoinham
      @dieselgoinham 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

It’s a private company.

• @MisterAssasine
      @MisterAssasine 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +4

different teams. Only few ppl have access to Vanguard, with those being IT-Security experts. Other than the source code of league to which only few users have access to.

• @riven4121
      @riven4121 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +63

Even worse. It was a social engineering attack. Someone acted like they were someone else within Riot to obtain a developer's credentials to do so. Riot clearly doesn't train their employees on cybersecurity or has meaningful controls in place to prevent social engineering attacks like MFA or geofencing.
      It's one of the reasons why I'm not going to continue playing League once Vanguard comes to live. After the cyberattack, Riot expects me to trust them with 24/7 ring 0 access. Incidentally that is the second. Vanguard is needlessly intrusive. It doesn't need to run at system boot with the highest possible privilege level. That's just asking for a privilege escalation attack to occur. Or something similar that happened to Genshin Impact that also had a 24/7 ring 0 anticheat.
      I actually wouldn't necessarily mind Vanguard if it didn't require 24/7 access. I understand the need for kernel level anticheat, I heavily disagree with the requirement to run it at system boot.

• @user-pe6ct7ut8t
      @user-pe6ct7ut8t 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

@@riven4121 It really doesn't matter if it runs at system boot and it also doesn't need to, level 0 is a rootkit afterall. EAC, VAC, Battleye, Ricochet and many more AC that use kernel are just as dangerous and damaging to your PC as Vanguard. Difference is that those AC are in the hands of westerners so unless they sell out to CSTO or China directly (which there is a likelyhood, but it's much smaller than the CCP abusing their power over Tencent) we have much less to worry about those AC.
      Needless to say if you work at any place, installing any 0 level will get you immediately fired because it already bricked your system and has access to the entire network.They're all equally intrusive and destructive even without being permanently active on your device.
      Giving any app access to level 0 rings makes your entire network a liability, at any point, even if you uninstall said program.

• @lonewanderer1249
      @lonewanderer1249 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

@@MisterAssasine lol they got the anti-cheat of korea. How long will it take them to get Vanguard eventually?

• @djeddiaziz6078
    @djeddiaziz6078 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

the production and the quality of the narrative is amazing keep it up !!!

• @itiswhatitis235
    @itiswhatitis235 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +17

when you want to build you own Fat Boy, but instead you stumble on some RIOT spaghetti

• @Asd-tk2if
      @Asd-tk2if 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

If only code was from Riot. Demacia was developed by an actual competent developing studio. If Demacia was developed by Riot I do not believe hackers would be able to decipher the nonsense coding.

• @floppyhobbit
    @floppyhobbit 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

I absolutely love the deep-dive style content. Thank you and well done.

• @Schmoejojojo
    @Schmoejojojo 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +6

great video. thanks for covering this topic

• @starchysocks1820
    @starchysocks1820 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

i fw the music and i fw the direction the channel is heading. keep up the good work!

• @zenronjt8303
    @zenronjt8303 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Bro this is awesome I love when you're taking your channel keep up the good work

• @Rivalrvn
    @Rivalrvn 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +187

I feel like I should be paying to watch a video like this

• @Tascioni49
      @Tascioni49 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +4

I mean... He has a patreon 😛

• @haoh1523
      @haoh1523 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +9

Society got u rl bad

• @Orroset
      @Orroset 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

I also feel like that when watching Lemino and ColdFusion.

• @midnightbelle4037
      @midnightbelle4037 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Ewww

• @addykaos
    @addykaos 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

this was an amazing video!!! the editing and info was very entertaining

• @Dayssbefore
    @Dayssbefore 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Ryscu, this is an incredible video! The organization and the editing is really high quality!

• @xXG3TPWNEDXx
    @xXG3TPWNEDXx 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +89

During 2023 my account got hacked. I was extremely curious considering I only used that particular pc for league and nothing else. I sent in a ticket and was able to recover my account. The customer support informed me of various ways to keep my account safe and general security tips. I let them know that the only logical way my account could have been hacked was through a leak on their end. They told me no such thing had occurred. Funny, very funny.

• @ImaskarDono
      @ImaskarDono 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +16

Sometimes, passwords can be just guessed/iterated. And your email, that one's interesting. Maybe, lol-related websites?

• @fransie1613
      @fransie1613 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

If you used the same password and email on other websites a database with your data could have been sold on the darkweb.

• @spaceshipradio2810
      @spaceshipradio2810 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

They are using combo sets of mail and passwords to crack accounts you’re using the same mail and password somewhere else

• @xXG3TPWNEDXx
      @xXG3TPWNEDXx 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

@@spaceshipradio2810 nope

• @user-se2sv4ku7t
      @user-se2sv4ku7t 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Had the same problem and resolution. What's more, I had my account 2FA'd but they still managed to hack it.

• @drakerobinson5085
    @drakerobinson5085 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Just wanna say your videos have been getting crazy good with all the new production

• @christianjardot6623
    @christianjardot6623 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Incredibly well written and reasearched video! This deserves a lot of attention!!

• @prestonsingersoll
    @prestonsingersoll 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

These deep dives are amazing! Ryscu seriously putting the work in.

• @Minxgo
    @Minxgo 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Ryscu this video was amazing. i did not expect this level of research and digging from you, well done :) appreciate you!

• @rephaelsoudry9750
    @rephaelsoudry9750 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Actual investigative journalism!
    Mad respect man! What a fantastic video, it was a blast to watch!

• @asssaaf6406
    @asssaaf6406 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

That is an insanely good video. Keep up doing those from time to time!

• @duck_ruler8094
    @duck_ruler8094 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +67

Anyone else find the timing interesting? The only team to roll china. T1. Where is MSI this year? China. China's only major competition, has been rekt from constant attacks. Probably looking too much into it but still.

• @chinkyflahz
      @chinkyflahz 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +6

nah its china

• @Rosawww
      @Rosawww 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +5

Thats the stupidest shit ive seen all day. The ddos started before lck playoffs. So you saying china dont care about any other lck teams? No Geng Hle just T1. And some people were playing on the China server with no problem

• @aysitalownatlanch1052
      @aysitalownatlanch1052 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

​@@Rosawwwyeah thats what makes it suspicious, Chinese servers not having trouble is just plain sus. The timing of it all is just too convenient to be a coincidence.
      Im pretty sure riot and LPL has nothing to do with this, its probably some devious chinese party

• @Asd-tk2if
      @Asd-tk2if 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

@@Rosawww I am not saying they did it but China is very well known for using very dirty tactics to get what they want. Be it land or recognition.

• @romans11277
      @romans11277 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Obviously it’s China. Why else would Riot do nothing bout it. Makes no sense. Chinese flipped after the last worlds and they’ve been exploiting and abusing the Korean system too long

• @simon1537
    @simon1537 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Man Ryscu, I have to say you've gone from a well researched news TH-camr with nice personality to a top notch content creator. I love your new style of videos, keep up the phenomenal work ❤

• @Rokusu
    @Rokusu 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

damn your editing has gotten really good, gives your content that little extra despite it already being very very good

• @vulbes
    @vulbes 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +97

Dom and thorin saying "gO To PC BaNg" 😂 like that will fix the problem

• @zzkkkrjjeeeii
      @zzkkkrjjeeeii 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +5

I would just play my game in my imagination instead of whining about ddos attacks if I was a pro player

• @GameAnimationShow
      @GameAnimationShow 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +84

@@zzkkkrjjeeeii yeah thats the reason you are not a pro player xdd

• @vang-toulee8351
      @vang-toulee8351 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

​@@zzkkkrjjeeeiiikr mental training. Fucking pros making lazy excuses.

• @edgar306
      @edgar306 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +25

@@zzkkkrjjeeeii average IWtencent and orange dude fan

• @Forsaken76823
      @Forsaken76823 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Hahaah this is funny 🤣

• @edo27
    @edo27 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

GREAT production value!!! loved this video!

• @emilburatovic409
    @emilburatovic409 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Great video, very well edited and insightful!

• @JohnWhitneyTheFourth
    @JohnWhitneyTheFourth 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +4

Good video, small thing I would like to point out is that vanguard is able to access any files on your computer, it is the max level of inteusive program and being able to see anything in the last 48 is a limitation implemented by the developers themselves, as vanguard is not open source there is no reason to believe this or more is not able to be done within any given system

• @cicadarinn1253
    @cicadarinn1253 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

This is really the best insight since I've been thinking abt this issue for weeks none stop... 🤔

• @thestoebz
    @thestoebz 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

This video is extremely high quality. Great stuff

• @cubancavalier3051
    @cubancavalier3051 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Excellent production value and great video!!!

• @SuperWalle97
    @SuperWalle97 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Damn insane video ryscu good job

• @theancientone1616
    @theancientone1616 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +27

And that my friends, is the reason you shouldn't install vanguard. Not because "omg tencent will steal my data", but because something like this or worse can happen if a hacker manages to get his hands on the code.

• @MangaGamified
      @MangaGamified 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +7

Maybe it will become a future randomware "Pay up or I'll install Vanguard!"
      Besides League is just a moba, it's not a rare game, there's countless of copies out there! it's not something worth risking.

• @ImaskarDono
      @ImaskarDono 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Both concerns are valid, actually.

• @Ffoo_ffighter
      @Ffoo_ffighter 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +6

Perfect time to quit this shitty game

• @ChiwieeZ
      @ChiwieeZ 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

if that actually happens, vanguard will become Ransomware, For now it's Spyware but if hackers dig a hole on that shitty anti-cheat, it's Joever madafaka.

• @Jzjax
    @Jzjax 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

RYSCU, I LOVE THESE LONG FORM VIDEOS. YOU MADE MY MORNING BABY

• @overlordrelic8158
    @overlordrelic8158 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

this is a whole new level of documentary.. more of this i love it!

• @ickaruus4909
    @ickaruus4909 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

holy shit i love investigative Ryscu. I've never heard of all of this, damn

• @maelfandi3259
    @maelfandi3259 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

This video was sooooo well made holy fuck, everything was perfect and its not even that long

• @lukamagicc
    @lukamagicc 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Wow video essays are one thing but this is legit great journalism and borderline pro investigative sleuthing… all while being entertaining, and not 2 hours long. Very nice 👍

• @TexTear
    @TexTear 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

What an amazing video, OMG This is peak journalism. Very well done Ryscu!

• @Ayyce
    @Ayyce 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Insane video man!

• @ramusvinicini
    @ramusvinicini 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Amazing video, thank you

• @kongphengvue1012
    @kongphengvue1012 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

The way you said “or otherwise I wouldn’t been able to b*tch about this” that made my day. Thank you lol

• @IAmHassasin
    @IAmHassasin 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Damn, your contents recently became so professional. Keep it up!!!

• @joshuaboult4838
    @joshuaboult4838 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

brilliant video mate. I felt like I was watching a documentary.

• @codelinx
    @codelinx 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Such a good video. Also with the fact that people are able to aggregate the usernames so quickly seems like it's also partially an inside job plus the hackers having access to the anti cheat.

• @TheCitrusCollective
    @TheCitrusCollective 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +6

I have never seen Faker look so....defeated :(

• @stephencorwin9776
    @stephencorwin9776 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Extremely high quality videos, sir. Well done 👏

• @ja17979
    @ja17979 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

This is some quality investigative journalism! Amazing!

• @lyndon4010
    @lyndon4010 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

awesome editing and quality!!!

• @redvnto
    @redvnto 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +31

Tbh the Chinese doing ddos to t1 in retaliation for the worlds humiliation seems kinda legit

• @fjdkslfjdkwhgioperwhgjkoldsf
      @fjdkslfjdkwhgioperwhgjkoldsf 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

As much as I would love to just turn my brain off and go China bad, there is literally zero evidence lmao. Fun conspiracy idea tho.

• @zebo3545
    @zebo3545 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Absolute banger of a video

• @afiuewfjsdfregs
    @afiuewfjsdfregs 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Wow. this is by far your best video yet

• @shunpofx
    @shunpofx 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

topic aside, the video production is pretty insane. i love this documentary and infographic style of editing

• @atthaero2382
    @atthaero2382 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Great video, very informative. Thank you!

• @jan3407
    @jan3407 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +183

People who DDOS should be removed from ever being able to use a computer that can connect to servers.

• @owo4470
      @owo4470 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

i mean, its illegal so it's time to track them down

• @Nateyo
      @Nateyo 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +17

Doing DDOS attacks is one of the easiest things to do with a computer lmao. Which makes it kinda puzzling to think that they don't have better protections for it in the LCK. Or in league servers in general.

• @Some-Rage-Inducing-Provocateur
      @Some-Rage-Inducing-Provocateur 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +10

And who are you to get to say people who do "x" should be "y"?

• @alecgorman430
      @alecgorman430 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

It's a federal offense if they press charges, so they do lose their access to a computer in prison. Most of the time they are just never caught.

• @toxicrengar7572
      @toxicrengar7572 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

@@Nateyoddos from one pc yes. This is the lowest efford of ddos and most Commonly people use botnets of infected clients

• @raydonavan7032
    @raydonavan7032 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Insanely well put together. Even tho there's no hard confirmation, there don't seem to be any other possibilities.
    Like seriously, anti cheats should stop requiring access to everything on your PC and check interference with the game instead. The hack just exposed how much data the company is collecting from its users and how easy it is for them to access whatever they want.

• @GydoMans
    @GydoMans 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

+1 sub. Excellent work my man!

• @jmaishere
    @jmaishere 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Extremely well made video. Def really informative.

• @LBPHexagohn
    @LBPHexagohn 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Nice investigation, this is an extremely compelling explanation. I think it's safe to say Demacia and the sourcecode leak is the cause. It's a perfect explanation and nothing else really fits quite right as far as traditional IP sleuthing methods. At this rate it's probably fastest for them to just pull the trigger and switch Korean servers to Vanguard instead of Demacia as the permanent fix. I can't imagine they ever get ahead again in the hacker vs developer race now that the entire anti-cheat has been reverse engineered, unless they switch to a new program altogether.

• @geeffildfe8577
    @geeffildfe8577 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

I'm so happy that finally we have a video talking about riot's source code leak last year. I am suspicious of the very first purpose of riot's ip-gathering. Do they really need to do that?

• @judahclark3100
    @judahclark3100 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

The productive of this video if really awesome Ryscu!

• @resonantshadow
    @resonantshadow 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

You are a legend Ryscu.

• @muizzkazi5432
    @muizzkazi5432 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

I like this style of content

• @XProtoplays
    @XProtoplays 12 วันที่ผ่านมา

You have earned yourself a sub🎉

• @Naraga114
    @Naraga114 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Didn't expect the video to be this informative, haha

• @fransmanlaparis4830
    @fransmanlaparis4830 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

The quality is insane :D

• @Abyksh
    @Abyksh 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Impressive research. Congratulations!

• @Fonawion
    @Fonawion 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Pretty good video, well done :)

• @Zairin.
    @Zairin. 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +6

i cant wait for people to find exploits in Vanguard and use it to their advantage lol

• @vojtabrtna3463
    @vojtabrtna3463 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Great video

• @bigbilly29
    @bigbilly29 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

My man dropped a banger

• @Tiagocf2
    @Tiagocf2 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

i hope all this Hacking continues until Riot starts to take things seriously or they break

• @tavianrobertson4129
    @tavianrobertson4129 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Great content!

• @youduntknowmyname
    @youduntknowmyname 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

*opens the corrections docx*
    *notices*
    *chuckles*

• @gabryelsaumure4193
    @gabryelsaumure4193 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

To me the fact that Riot isnt talking about fixing the issue is a GOOD sign. In case like this you don't want the opponnent to know where you are currently at by fixing the issue and maybe it have more to do about legal act they want to do on the attackers so obviously it will take some more time before we will ear about the mesure they will take about the problem. It's not because they are silent about it that they are doing nothing, assuming that would be a wrong way to get to the conclusion

• @Fistbeardthepirate
    @Fistbeardthepirate 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Is the solution as simple as being able to permanently hide your in game name for new accounts? Or would that info still be possible to find for hackers by seeing all live games (if they were going after streamers etc)

• @slimey4266
    @slimey4266 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Insane video loved it

• @fablemaker_
    @fablemaker_ 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +7

My rough asumption said the DDOS came from one or some of the "€h1n3$3" team that really don't want to see T1/Faker taking appearances on the big turney so they may think they have bigger chance of winning without T1/Faker being in the competition, since our small indie developer owned by big daddy 10€ they just told rito to "hush... we want team from our motherland to win" or just basically sleeping on it up until any negative uproar happens.

• @litahuns4615
    @litahuns4615 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Never in my life i wouldve thought a company would match the NSA and the security of boeing at the same time and same scale

• @LosashExote
    @LosashExote 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

The fact that Riot is not taking this seriously is actually very expected outcome. They don’t take ANYTHING seriously for many years by this point. Client and game have dizens of obvious bugs for 3-4 years straight or more. Game’s purchases become more and more expensive. LoL is a cashgrab dead lamb. We play only because there is no alternative.

• @ultimaabyssal2484
      @ultimaabyssal2484 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Behold: Dota 2.
      Please play Dota 2 instead. Don't have to spend 20 dollars for pretty cosmetics, report system actually works, and balance is cared about instead of whatever the devs use to climb.

• @janah6473
      @janah6473 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

@@ultimaabyssal2484 "TIs prizepool is sponsored by YOU guys!" - "sike we take half of it for ouselves, later idiots". Truly not a cashgrab. :^)

• @jahkra9259
    @jahkra9259 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Very impressive journalism Ryscu, makes us aussies proud!

• @Elessar_Telcontar
    @Elessar_Telcontar 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +5

The reason why league is not played on LAN is cost and physical security. When league is played on LAN riot has a 24/7 guard on the server. Most studio locations are close to live servers so they don’t normally require LAN servers for the pro leagues.

• @Jiromimi
    @Jiromimi 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Just waiting for the class action law suit now. “We don’t keep your private data / we’re not interested in your private data” … *gets hacked* “we’re confident everything will be fine!!!”

• @Thetrilling
    @Thetrilling 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Great piece of journalism, really informative. This a disaster for the competitive integrity.

• @sedrikgalllen5031
    @sedrikgalllen5031 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Crazy vid

• @MangaGamified
    @MangaGamified 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

esport matches are the only thing they're fixing. 💸

• @ImaskarDono
      @ImaskarDono 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

I see what you did there 😂

• @m1thrandir
    @m1thrandir 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

bRO went on the deep end, great video !