My Costco Generator Failed to Start FIX | Firman T07571

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 30 พ.ค. 2024
  • In this video I demonstrate how to diagnose a Firman electric strart generator that won't turn over.
    If you have not registered your unit, you can do so by visiting this link: firmanpowerequipment.com/page...
    A copy of your Costo history of reciepts can be view or printed from the Costco website.
    Contact Firman customer support (844)347-6261 Warranty is for 3 years from date of purchase.
    Firman Tri Fuel Generator For Sale:
    firmanpowerequipment.com/prod....
    (Costco Blue Generator) www.costco.com/firman-7500w-r...
    (Costco Gray Generators) www.costco.com/firman-7500w-r...
    Ebay Firman T07571 model: www.ebay.com/itm/313944239605
    Propane Tank Guage: www.amazon.com/dp/B09G97G35C?...
    Gas Line for the Generator: www.amazon.com/GASPRO-Natural...
  • ภาพยนตร์และแอนิเมชัน

ความคิดเห็น • 33

• @shawnmcmichael5940
    @shawnmcmichael5940 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

thank you so much for making the video. It's exactly what happened with my Firman generator. Going to call the company and see if I can get a new starter just in the back up but totally working again. sure glad I pulled it out to test. It would hate to have to deal with us in the middle of a power outage during a storm lifesaver.

• @chrisbacon9180
    @chrisbacon9180 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +8

The issue was that the on/off switch on the upper right is OFF. By swapping the wires, now the switch in the upper right is reversed so it now runs in the off position. All you really had to do was set the switch in the upper right to ON.

• @James-qs3je
    @James-qs3je 9 วันที่ผ่านมา

EXCELLENT explanation!

• @stano49
    @stano49 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

At last, someone with the same problem as me. Thank you. You saved me a lot of time and money.

• @UkuleleJayBBQ
    @UkuleleJayBBQ 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Thank you for making this video! I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why I was getting a light but no switch start. Bought a new battery (mine was 3 years old and probably was fine!) and moved the wires to the switch. Worked like a champ!

• @AMSBlaineWA
    @AMSBlaineWA 6 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

This video solved my problem!!! Thank you for posting it. I also thought it was my battery but swapping the wires to new connections was fix. Nice Job.

• @christurner9490
    @christurner9490 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Ha - I haven’t been able to start mine by way of the start button for years! Now I can!!!! Thanks!

• @alanlyons1195
    @alanlyons1195 10 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Easy fix! These Firman generators offer a lot of features, at a very reasonable price!

• @JoeDGarza-wf6mr
    @JoeDGarza-wf6mr ปีที่แล้ว +2

Good to know. Thank you! I purchased this same generator 2 years ago so far no issues 👍

• @mrwoofus
    @mrwoofus ปีที่แล้ว +3

Very interesting video. Although I don't own said generator, I appreciate the quick "How to trace down an issue" class you gave. :)

• @tikiscrog
    @tikiscrog 4 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Saved my bacon ahead of a storm! You get what you pay for I suppose... I wouldn't get another Firman. A switch like this should not fail, plus this unit is loud as hell! Guess I will be replacing this switch ASAP!

• @chrisgix5445
    @chrisgix5445 4 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Thank you, Chris. This fixed my Firman generator starting problem. I am curious now if the problem is just a cheap switch mechanism that fails easily or if the contacts inside the switch are fouled. If the other side of the switch becomes unreliable I might open up the switch to see if the contacts are clean.

• @acdeanda5344
    @acdeanda5344 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Chris
    I switched the wires and it still doesn’t turn over
    When I turn switch to gas the light won’t turn on the propane will but the motor doesn’t when I turn switch on

• @richone2540
    @richone2540 5 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Excellent presentation Sir.

• @georgehardin3037
    @georgehardin3037 ปีที่แล้ว +1

You just fixed mine.
    I have been pull starting it lately.

• @bgpnu
    @bgpnu ปีที่แล้ว +1

I have the same model, used it once a year or so ago and it worked great. Brought it out a couple days ago due to ice storm outage and it wouldn’t start initially. But it cranked, unlike yours, but wouldn’t fire. I noticed my (2) circuit breakers were off (0 position). So, I moved them both to on and it fired right up. I was just perusing the manual and TH-cam to see if it mentions needing having the circuit breakers on to start but there is no mention of that. I came upon your video. I see your breakers are off and it runs fine, after your fix. Makes me wonder if something might be up with my switch, something else, or perhaps it was just a lucky coincidence that it fired after flipping those switches. Anyway, thanks for the video, good info to know.

• @darylgoulet4966
    @darylgoulet4966 7 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Thank you so much! Just what I needed! You helped me out so much brother!

• @SuperShredderify
    @SuperShredderify 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

IVE BEEN DIGGING FOR THIS VIDEO. THANK YOU

• @SusanSmith-lt9tc
    @SusanSmith-lt9tc 17 วันที่ผ่านมา

Does Firman have a recall for this switch. I have two both have failed. Thank you for this

• @gregharris2442
    @gregharris2442 4 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

i have the same issue, thx for the info!

• @Goldwing1500rider
    @Goldwing1500rider ปีที่แล้ว +2

Good sharing… means other contact may quit soon too. Short life.

• @franzellecarmon3550
    @franzellecarmon3550 6 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Thank you good sir. Thank you.

• @olegsmolinets169
    @olegsmolinets169 5 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Thank you so much helped me!

• @jayortiz8617
    @jayortiz8617 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Fantastic! Thx

• @josettealtidor2501
    @josettealtidor2501 10 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

my is bring new has the same problem
    thank you

• @DavidRodriguez-kk5qx
    @DavidRodriguez-kk5qx 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Mine runs at high idle and never lets up. Any advice.... It new and has only run for about 30 minutes ever.

• @jdotconnor313
    @jdotconnor313 4 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Exactly my problem. Generator still doesn’t run but at least it turns over now.

• @dennisjohnson294
    @dennisjohnson294 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Thanks for sharing Chris.

• @markJones38133
    @markJones38133 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Hey Chris
    You know you can return that back to Costco 5-10 yrs after you buy it, they might ask for a receipt only if they don’t sale they no more.

• @chriscaliente5033
      @chriscaliente5033  ปีที่แล้ว +3

You are absolutely 100% correct but since know the exact problem it's much easier for me to have the Firman manufacturer ship me a replacement switch under warranty rather than transport a heavy generator back to the store for another generator. They also sell replacement switches on Ebay for less than what I would spend in gasoline but thanks for some good feedback! www.ebay.com/itm/125284701648?chn=ps&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&amdata=enc%3A1YHDczOCeQ9ispVOO9LnfNQ28&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&mkscid=101&itemid=125284701648&targetid=1584739241414&device=c&mktype=&googleloc=9013478&poi=&campaignid=15275224983&mkgroupid=131097072938&rlsatarget=pla-1584739241414&abcId=9300697&merchantid=425231743&gclid=Cj0KCQiAgOefBhDgARIsAMhqXA5H7WKGXWhTtrderP3iPib2D2Mm4qSSpU_kOiZH8OSw8ngEblOG1xwaAiPLEALw_wcB

• @peted5205
    @peted5205 หลายเดือนก่อน

Biggest piece of crap I ever bought