Set-up of steering on XRAY T4

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 16 มี.ค. 2020
  • How to adjust and set-up the steering on your XRAY T4! Feel free to ask questions and request further videos! XRAY T4 HUDY Martin Hudy
    Some info that is mentioned in the video:
    The optional aluminium steering arms in the video has part number 302525. The HUDY clamp servo horn (25T spline) has part number 293406.
    The T-Works screws on top of the steering assembly have part number TE-162-B.
    The servo with integrated mount is the Brunorc BC-1863-X.
    The 0.1-0.2mm thick shims that you may want for shimming underneath the bearing on the steering assembly needs to have an inside diameter of 5mm
  • ยานยนต์และพาหนะ

ความคิดเห็น • 32

• @Ryzo223
    @Ryzo223 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

The best no one has gone in depth then Alex thank you please keep doing these vids as I've just started and need these tips

• @leroykian3298
      @leroykian3298 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Sorry to be offtopic but does someone know a way to get back into an Instagram account..?
      I stupidly forgot the login password. I would appreciate any assistance you can give me

• @louieterrance187
      @louieterrance187 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@Leroy Kian instablaster :)

• @leroykian3298

@Louie Terrance thanks so much for your reply. I got to the site thru google and I'm in the hacking process now.
      I see it takes quite some time so I will get back to you later when my account password hopefully is recovered.

• @leroykian3298

@Louie Terrance it did the trick and I actually got access to my account again. I'm so happy:D
      Thanks so much, you really help me out!

• @louieterrance187
      @louieterrance187 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@Leroy Kian No problem xD

• @bobbymalta73
    @bobbymalta73 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thank You dear Friend.

• @MetrologyEngineer
    @MetrologyEngineer 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

5:45 I assume most of the people watching this will know exactly what you are talking about, but since the audio cut out a little bit and it can be hard to hear you over the fan he’s talking about EPA. EPA is End Point Adjustment on your radio (how far left and right the servo goes for your model).

• @hagberg
      @hagberg  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thanks for the clarification!

• @CosmoCosmo1974
    @CosmoCosmo1974 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi Alex,
    Enjoying all of your instructional videos.
    At 7.21 you say that the optional Aluminium steering arms generate 2-3 degs more steering.
    How does this work (is the geometry slightly different) ?
    Also want to confirm the optional part is:
    -- Xray Aluminum Dual Servo Saver Arm Set w/Ball-Bearings 302525
    -- Xray Aluminum Dual Servo Saver Arm Set w/Ball-Bearings 302525-K

• @hagberg
      @hagberg  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Hi mate! Thanks! The arms are narrower hence why more physical lock is possible compared to with the plastic arms.
      Yes those are the parts, the only difference being the colour (K is for black).

• @riketsukirai
    @riketsukirai 4 ปีที่แล้ว

You mentioned on the video 6mm on the ackerman. You're using 4mm now?

• @hagberg
      @hagberg  4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

This is an old video which features the 2019 car. For the 2020 car I still recommend 4mm shimming

• @markmcentee4178
    @markmcentee4178 ปีที่แล้ว

Hello Alexander
    On a t4 with the motor mounted like yours at the rear. I have a 40mm fan mounted behind the motor as its the only place currently. Should the fan blow onto the motor or pull the hot air away from the motor. I see alot of divided opinions online.
    Thanks

• @hagberg
      @hagberg  ปีที่แล้ว

I always have mine blowing air towards the motor

• @CosmoCosmo1974

Hi Alex,
    I have now fitted the optional Xray Aluminum Dual Servo Saver Arm Set w/Ball-Bearings 302525-K to my T4'19. However, I have noticed that I can rock the kit Alu Steering Plate [302547-O] back and forth quite a LOT. Not sure if this was the case with the original plastic Servo Saver Arms [302526]. It appears that the point of rotation is the pressed bearings of the Alu Steering Plate [302547-O]. The bearings are part 930306 (BALL-BEARING 3x6x2.5 STEEL-SEALED) and the retaining screws are part 903308 (HEX SCREW SFH M3x8).
    This excessive movement does not look correct to me. What do you think ? Thanks :))

• @hagberg
      @hagberg  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Have you tried replacing the screws? Sounds like there's too much play inside the bearings? By any chance could you send me a video of the issue that you're describing? On Facebook for example?

• @CosmoCosmo1974

@@hagberg
      -- Yes, there is play between the screw and the bearing hole.
      -- The movement I'm seeing seems to correspond to the amount of play between the bearing hole and screw.
      -- I tried some other new screws and it is identical play. The screw diameters are the same.
      -- To me the play looks about right for a screw going through a bearing hole.
      -- I tried one plastic arm and the movement is a lot less. The head of the plastic arm (where it contacts the bearing) looks a FRACTION larger than the head of the aluminium arm.
      -- Also, how hard is it to get the bearings out of the Alu Steering Plate and install new ones (I think I read that they were pressed in the factory) ?
      PS: I no longer have facebook or twitter accounts (just email and youtube).

• @CosmoCosmo1974

@@hagberg
      Hi Alex,
      -- I have now gone back to the kit setup, using the plastic servo saver arms [302526]. The play is barely noticeable. I am using the same Alu Steering Plate, bearings, and screws.
      -- I can't see how the issue can be anything but the black Alu Server Saver Arms [302525-K].
      -- Is some sort of shim required for the Alu version ?
      -- Maybe the black version has different tooling than the orange version, and there is some difference ?
      -- Do you know of anyone using the black version (I couldn't buy the orange version) ?
      Thanks.

• @hagberg
      @hagberg  3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@CosmoCosmo1974 the play should be the same with the optional black and orange steering arms. There should be minimal play. Have you seen my video on how to build a play free steering? th-cam.com/video/ixX1Q2mZVw8/w-d-xo.html
      If you suspect that your item is faulty, please contact your local hobbyshop or XRAY distributor, or directly to info@teamxray.com to request a replacement part.

• @CosmoCosmo1974

@@hagberg Hi Alex.
      -- Yes, the Alu Steering Plate bearing play is what I am trying to get rid of. I don't have any 3x5mm shims so I will purchase some and give it a go. This solution looks promising.
      -- I also noticed you are using a round head screw with this solution.
      -- I did previously try some options using the 3x6mm shims but they are obviously too big.
      Thanks.

• @russellthomas4693
    @russellthomas4693 3 ปีที่แล้ว

If your steering angles are not the same left vs right. How do you get them to match? Is there a setscrew or is it tuned through the radio epa? Thanks

• @hagberg
      @hagberg  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Yes, you can use the EPA setting on the radio to set the steering lock equal on both sides. But sometimes, you might not be able to get the same max lock on both sides. Then - first of all, make sure that your steering links are equal length left and right. On rare occasions the steering blocks can be warped, or the ball stud can be screwed into the steering block at an angle. So make sure that it's all straight. If you still can't get the same max lock, try to loosen the 4 screws of the front suspension blocks, to make sure that the suspension is centred. Re-tighten them/play around with them until you can get it right. Good luck!

• @russellthomas4693
      @russellthomas4693 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@hagberg thank you for answering my question. I’m new to the t4 20 and to the touring car side of the hobby and your videos have been extremely helpful

• @dmatter827
    @dmatter827 9 หลายเดือนก่อน

Is it unheard of to run only 17* of throw? Im new to On Road. My car is undrivable at the common 27*

• @hagberg
      @hagberg  9 หลายเดือนก่อน

17 on the inside wheel? That's very little lock. But in some classes like VTA or USGT, little lock has been the norm. But not that low.

• @vapes4u819
    @vapes4u819 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi Alex can I ask what t4 is this is it the 21 model ?

• @Cepted
    @Cepted 4 ปีที่แล้ว

What year is your T4?

• @hagberg
      @hagberg  4 ปีที่แล้ว

This is a 2019

• @Cepted
      @Cepted 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@hagberg thank you for such a speedy response, I'm getting into the touring car scene and just picked up a 2015 T4, will be receiving it in the next week or so, does this setup work the same for the older chassis?

• @hagberg
      @hagberg  4 ปีที่แล้ว

@@Cepted yes! It can be applied to the previous models as well, including the 2015.