แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 3 ส.ค. 2023
  • 1.8T BAM 225 swapped VW Transporter T5
    Why?
    Over double the power out of the box
    Chocolate 5 speed box now a decent 6 speed
    No more tractor soundtrack
    Just generally better all round (other than MPG before all you grumps chirp up)
    Still a work in progress but now all mounted up
    More to come VERY soon so subscribe!

ความคิดเห็น • 27

• @_marcus_does_
    @_marcus_does_ 8 หลายเดือนก่อน

Cool man, I want to do my old T5.

• @ATX-Automotive
      @ATX-Automotive  8 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Should be a bit of fun

• @januszjancyk4702
    @januszjancyk4702 5 หลายเดือนก่อน

You installed a 6-speed gearbox from the TT. How did you do it? 1st option: Have you lowered the entire drive unit down? 2nd option: You have rotated the angle of the gearbox body relative to the engine. ?

• @ATX-Automotive
      @ATX-Automotive  5 หลายเดือนก่อน

Both the engine and the gearbox have been rotated in order to fit in the engine bay properly

• @januszjancyk4702
    @januszjancyk4702 5 หลายเดือนก่อน

Does the BAM intake manifold have any conflict with the original T5 radiator?

• @ATX-Automotive
      @ATX-Automotive  5 หลายเดือนก่อน

No, the engine was rotated enough so the intake doesn't hit. The original fans don't fit but there's enough room for some aftermarket slim fans

• @TheGilo1976
    @TheGilo1976 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

just so happens I have a fully built 1.8t on an engine stand and a blown up beautiful T5 that I can’t source a reasonable priced 2.5 BPC engine.. what mounts did you use.. and what are you doing about wiring and CAN connectivity

• @ATX-Automotive
      @ATX-Automotive  8 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Mounts I’ve made from scratch. Wiring side of things I went down the whole changing entire loom from the TT - including interior. CAN connectivity was too much of a headache for me. Its surprising what actually fits from a TT into a T5. Things like the clocks - while they are a different size/shape the internals come out and fit straight inside the t5 housing

• @constantincojocaru4876
      @constantincojocaru4876 8 หลายเดือนก่อน

what's wrong with your BPC?

• @TheGilo1976
      @TheGilo1976 8 หลายเดือนก่อน

@@constantincojocaru4876 didn’t realise I’d dropped a broken exhaust stud down the exhaust port when I replaced a cracked manifold.. head and piston took a hammering 🤦🏻‍♂️

• @rustamzhanrentgen4680
      @rustamzhanrentgen4680 7 หลายเดือนก่อน

​@@ATX-Automotive
      Can you make a more detailed video of the drives, how you made the suspension and other elements of the chassis?

• @Tychymusic2
    @Tychymusic2 4 หลายเดือนก่อน

Is it plug and play ?? What need to be changed?? My 2.5tdi is almost dead and Im thinking to do swap for petrol

• @ATX-Automotive
      @ATX-Automotive  4 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Unfortunately it's not plug and play. You can keep your gearbox but it causes the engine to sit at a ridiculous angle. I chose to use the TT 6 speed box but that meant I had to fabricate all new mounts

• @markhorne323
    @markhorne323 10 หลายเดือนก่อน

What gearbox is it running?

• @ATX-Automotive
      @ATX-Automotive  10 หลายเดือนก่อน

The TT 6 speed

• @MrLucasg60
      @MrLucasg60 10 หลายเดือนก่อน

@@ATX-Automotive hwo did u cleared front legs?have you twisted box backwards so the driveshafts went down?

• @ATX-Automotive
      @ATX-Automotive  10 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

⁠@@MrLucasg60 yes rotated the gearbox until it cleared the legs. Also the van will be getting lowered which will bring the shafts up higher which will help

• @MrLucasg60
      @MrLucasg60 10 หลายเดือนก่อน

@@ATX-Automotive you could hung it like in passat b5,push it backwards and it will solve problem,i have a plan of swap 3.2 to 2.5tdi 4motion and use 2.5 drivetrain,TFL said if i do 1.8t van still might not meet euro4 as its heavier than TT lol,fcuking ulez

• @ATX-Automotive
      @ATX-Automotive  10 หลายเดือนก่อน

@@MrLucasg60 I’m not too bothered about ULEZ as I’m outside any zones. I’ll try get it compliant, if I can then it’s a bonus. If not then no stress.
      Had to put a small notch in subframe to clear the gearbox but that’s it. Custom shafts will be the biggest cost I think.
      I did think about going down the 4 motion diff option and having it 4wd but decided against it in the end due to all the added weight etc..
      if the van was a 4motion I’d probably go down that route but I think that would be more suited to the 3.2 like you said

• @user-dt9mc3ev5p
    @user-dt9mc3ev5p 8 หลายเดือนก่อน

T5 1.8 20vt