Focus Modes of the Fujifilm X-T3

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 20 พ.ค. 2024
  • Tutorial and Review of the focus modes of the Fujifilm X-T3 camera. The mirrorless camera's focus mode settings that are explained also apply to the Fujifilm X-T2 as well.
    Link to the official Fujifilm Focus Mode site: fujifilm-x.com/af/en/ (NOTE: Looks like this website is down and/or offline. Not sure why they took it down)
    Full info on the AF-C Custom Settings: fujifilm-x.com/af/en/af_guide...
    AF-C Custom Settings:
    TRACKING SENSITIVITY
    This parameter determines how long the camera waits to switch focus when an object enters the focus area behind or in front of the current subject. The higher the value, the longer the camera will wait.
    SPEED TRACKING SENSITIVITY
    This parameter determines how sensitive the tracking system is to changes in subject velocity. The higher the value, the greater the precision with which the system attempts to respond to sudden movement.
    ZONE AREA SWITCHING
    This parameter determines the focus area given priority in zone AF.
    CENTER: Zone AF assigns priority to subjects in the center of the zone.
    AUTO: The camera locks focus on the subject at the center of the zone and then switches focus areas as necessary to track it.
    FRONT: Zone AF assigns priority to the subjects closest to the camera.
    🎥 Gear Discussed in Video
    Fujifilm XT4: geni.us/nJUB4
    Fujifilm XT3: geni.us/xbqo5
    Apollo 11 Lego Set. It’s so cool! geni.us/s9BDukA
    🧰 Discounts on Services and Tools
    Get notified when I release a new video: pal2tech.com/subscribe
    TH-cam Gear: kit.co/pal2tech/youtube-studi...
    My Current Kit: kit.co/pal2tech
    Gear shop: amazon.com/shop/pal2tech
    Color Finale Editing Software Plugins: transactions.sendowl.com/stor...
    Color Finale LUTS: transactions.sendowl.com/stor...
    📺 See These Videos!
    The 50-140 Lens Review video: • Fujifilm 50-140mm Lens...
    Fujifilm Camera Settings: • Fujifilm Camera Settings
    Fujifilm Lens Reviews: • Lens Reviews
    🎬 Production Notes
    Producer and Host: Chris Lee
    Outro Music by Joakim Karud / joakimkarud
    ❤️ Support this Channel:
    If you wish to support the channel, there are two ways:
    1. Join pal2tech Backstage here: pal2tech.com/backstage
    2. Use my PayPal here: www.paypal.me/pal2tech
    This is very much appreciated. All donations go toward the funding of future videos for this channel.
    👥 Contact Info
    Business inquiries: chris.lee@pal2tech.com
    Instagram: / pal2tech
    PRODUCT REVIEW OR TO SEND SOMETHING:
    pal2tech
    1227 North Peachtree Parkway 165
    Peachtree City, GA 30269
    United States
    NOTE: Product reviews are entirely independent. Some of my links have an affiliate code. If you purchase gear with these links, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
    #fujifilm #xt3 #tutorial
  • แนวปฏิบัติและการใช้ชีวิต

ความคิดเห็น • 1.4K

• @Sam1986E
    @Sam1986E 4 ปีที่แล้ว +348

You are not just talking to a camera, we are here, we listen and we value your efforts. Thank you

• @pal2tech
      @pal2tech  4 ปีที่แล้ว +15

Thank you so much Sam!!! 🙏🙏 It's comments like yours that make all the difference to me. All the best to you sir and please keep in touch!!!!!

• @beggknivesofficial
      @beggknivesofficial 3 ปีที่แล้ว +5

I just found your account and I made the switch to Fuji a year ago. I love love your channel. I was just telling my wife how I found a new TH-cam channel for photo and video and how much I enjoy your personality. 😁🙌🏼🔥

• @Sam1986E
      @Sam1986E 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@pal2tech I just ordered the new Canon R5 and ordered the Canon RF 15-35mm F2.8 to go with it! Very excited and cant wait to test it out when i get the R5, but i still watch Fuji videos because i love Fuji! Will be selling my XT-3 though in the coming weeks :/

• @Sam1986E
      @Sam1986E 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@pal2tech Can you buy the R5 and make some reviews on it when it comes out? :P

• @pal2tech
      @pal2tech  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@Sam1986E Hey Sam, I'd LOVE to do a review on the camera. I'd have to sell my Fuji bodies, cause I don't have the cash to get it and they never send me anything to test unfortunately. Maybe one day if my channel gets a bit bigger they can add me to the list and send a test copy to review and test out.

• @ryliling
    @ryliling ปีที่แล้ว +26

I’m watching this 3 years late and this was so helpful for me. I’m learning to use my late husband’s cameras and I’m just thankful there are videos like yours so that I can use my husband’s well-loved xt3s. I hope you’ve gotten better at managing the stress of posting on TH-cam. I appreciate your time and energy.

• @AlainLafleche1
    @AlainLafleche1 4 ปีที่แล้ว +134

Really, I cannot find a greatest video that explain the Focus modes of the X-T3 like you did. Thanks

• @whoisgeez
    @whoisgeez 3 ปีที่แล้ว +45

This video may be old, by my experience with you as a "camera mentor" is new. I bought an XT4 because of your videos, and it has launched me into a new level of videography. I also have reasons to celebrate in my personal life, so the champagne was a nice surprise.
    You are an amazing creator and teacher, Chris. I hope your channel is successful for years to come!

• @m28photography89
    @m28photography89 4 ปีที่แล้ว +23

Your story at the end was so meaningful. Thank you for all you do.

• @pal2tech
      @pal2tech  4 ปีที่แล้ว

Thank you so much!!! 🙏 That really means a lot to me to hear. All the best to you...

• @MrV2u
    @MrV2u 4 ปีที่แล้ว +56

Brother your the best. Make videos when you can not on a schedule. Don’t feel bad. Your subscribers subscribed because your knowledge and personality make this channel great. There not going anywhere. Enjoy life and have no fear. God bless brother.

• @pal2tech
      @pal2tech  4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Awww, thank you so much MrV2u!!!!! YOU ROCK sir and BTW, I LOVE your lion profile pic.... very dope!!!!!

• @MrV2u
      @MrV2u 4 ปีที่แล้ว

pal2tech thanks brother.

• @stevekingswell9143
    @stevekingswell9143 หลายเดือนก่อน

The bit where you talk about fear & perfectionism is where I am now in starting my channel - glad you shared this, thank you!

• @keithsr.
    @keithsr. ปีที่แล้ว

Hello , I hope you see this comment. I've been taking photos for a LONG time. However I've never owned a really nice camera. I have created some amazing shots over the years with the equipment I had. It's been quite a few years since using anything but the pro settings on my Samsung Galaxy phone. My last camera was unfortunately taken from my truck . Not a big loss monetarily but emotionally. I've decided to save up for a Fuji xt3 after researching for a month. Thanks to TH-cam, I found your phenomenal channel. Every day I find myself watching all your tutorial videos on the Fuji as well as other great informative videos. I wanted you to know that I can totally relate to what you shared with us at the end of this video. You are one of my new favorite people on TH-cam. Your videos are ALWAYS informative and just as important, entertaining. I've already learned so much more about photography in a month than I have in my life. I feel very confident I will be able to navigate the xt3 much easier after watching your videos. For this I thank you good sir. Keep up the great work, we who watch you, respect and appreciate all you have done and continue to do. Wish me luck finding a silver xt3 in 2022. Take care, Keith 📷

• @KingcazTV
    @KingcazTV 2 ปีที่แล้ว +11

Wow. Never expected this video to make me feel emotional. I am a fairly recent follower of your videos and what made me gravitate to your page specifically was just the effort and heart you put in your videos. Not only are you just a charming speaker but you also have a way of explaining things that kinda hooks me every time giving me wow moments. Seeing this video really made me feel like I got to you know you better and the way you did it is just so profound.

• @waynetrill6908
    @waynetrill6908 4 ปีที่แล้ว +97

Keep making whatever videos you want think people like your channel because your great personality 👍📸🇮🇪🙂

• @pal2tech

Thank you Wayne!!!!! I definitely will and I really appreciate the kind words sir!!!! All the best to you as well!! -- Chris

• @BjarteKFrnsdal
      @BjarteKFrnsdal 4 ปีที่แล้ว

I agree 100 percent! 👍😊👍😊

• @pal2tech
      @pal2tech  4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@BjarteKFrnsdal Thanks Bjarte!!!! You ROCK man!!!

• @niccrilly-hargrave2872
    @niccrilly-hargrave2872 5 หลายเดือนก่อน

Mate. This was THE most helpful guide to understanding the focus settings on my new X-T3 camera. So while you think you were scared back then - you still absolutely nailed it.

• @EAAR01
    @EAAR01 3 ปีที่แล้ว

X-H1 user and recent subscriber here... thaaaaank you!! Coming out of Nikon into Fuji for less than a year, and it’s thanks to you that I finally got how these work!! Awesome channel you are building here... in my humble opinion we need more content like this in the web, in which family, hard work, and fun mix in the right way... congratulations!!

• @Dr-AK
    @Dr-AK 4 ปีที่แล้ว +6

I really enjoy watching your teaching on XT-3 cameras and photography. All your videos are good because you speak from the heart. Keep that and keep the Fuji XT-3 tips and tricks going. Thanks again.

• @pal2tech
      @pal2tech  4 ปีที่แล้ว

Awww, thank you so much!!!! That really means a lot to me!! Please don't hesitate to contact me if there's any questions I can answer about the XT3 or any help I could provide... All the best to you AK!!!!! -- Chris 🙏

• @scottiemorey8917
    @scottiemorey8917 4 ปีที่แล้ว +28

What a great explanation of all the focus modes! I have the XT-3 and had no idea I had so many focus options! OK, now to your admission about being fearful of making another video. If only you could see what what we see! You are fantastic! I have learned so much from you and I mean honestly, you could just turn the camera on and ramble and I know we'd be entertained! I pray you can conquer your perfectionism and just let go! The precious note your kids left you is absolutely the truth. You ARE the most amazing youtuber ever! :)

• @pal2tech

Hey Scottie! Wow, thank you man!!!!! I am truly humbled and so appreciative of your nice words. You made my day, sir. Well, make that my month, or maybe YEAR. 🙏🙏🙏

• @scottiemorey8917
      @scottiemorey8917 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

pal2tech you’re welcome! I meant every word. One thing you got wrong tho - I’m a ma’am 🙋‍♀️ not a sir 😂😂😂 I know, I know. It’s the name. 😂

• @mainmain5303
      @mainmain5303 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@scottiemorey8917 Hahahaa

• @tanyamurchie4728
    @tanyamurchie4728 7 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

So I just came across this video (4 years later) and I want to tell you THANK YOU! Your enthusiasm shines through but even more is your knowledge. I am a longtime Fuji lover but had so many questions - you explain everything clearly. I watch and then can go and work with my camera and enjoy the craft of photography more.

• @pal2tech
      @pal2tech  7 หลายเดือนก่อน

🙏

• @ChaseArrington
    @ChaseArrington 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Big fan of your videos, your energy, and the helpful content. As a new Fuji user, your snappy, well articulated videos have largely helped make my photography more enjoyable. I find myself watching them before I go on shoots to brush up on new features I haven't explored. Love the candidness, as well.

• @LIFeGood808
    @LIFeGood808 4 ปีที่แล้ว +5

Im so glad I stumbled across your contents. Your sir are entertaining and educating me at the same time. Your video quality superb, warm inviting colors. Thank you very much and ill be following your videos from now on. Keep up the good work!👍

• @smichaelpridgen
    @smichaelpridgen 4 ปีที่แล้ว +4

We are listening and I just subscribed - loved this and I appreciated your honesty! Look forward to going through all your videos!!! This was so awesome!

• @pal2tech
      @pal2tech  4 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi Shawn, thank you so much for the nice comments! I am so glad that you enjoyed the video and look forward to seeing you around the channel again! Take care buddy!

• @Michael0697
    @Michael0697 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Just discovered your channel since I have an XT-3 arriving in a few days and it's a brand new system for me (until now it's been an entry-level DSLR from a decade ago!).
    I really appreciated the creativity and unique way you did this video, and just how informative it was! I loved your little celebration, and I've subscribed to help get you to that 100,000! Keep up the great work, never lose that unique personality, and I, like many other photographers, will be looking forward to watching all your new videos!

• @TuyetNguyen-gb4gd
    @TuyetNguyen-gb4gd หลายเดือนก่อน

I've been watching your videos and I've got to say, I really appreciate how much effort you put into breaking down the technical stuff for us. Your sense of humor and honesty make it all the more enjoyable. You're honestly one of the best TH-camrs out there! Thanks for everything you're doing and sharing.

• @marvesrivas307
    @marvesrivas307 4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

I just found your channel right now and watched a lot of your Fuji content. I just bought an X-T3 and in every video I found a new useful tip. So I just want to say thank you for that and you have a new subscriber.

• @pal2tech
      @pal2tech  4 ปีที่แล้ว

Hey Marves!!! Thank you so much sir!!! I really appreciate the kind words. Congratulations on getting your new XT-3 and I know you'll take some awesome shots with it!! Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or would like to see a specific topic covered. All the best to you!! -- Chris

• @terilynjenkins2964
    @terilynjenkins2964 4 ปีที่แล้ว +22

I just found you - today! I was very impressed with your presentation. It was very much like a classroom teacher. You were very well organized, stated the skill you were going be presenting, gave a list of what would be covered, stayed on topic, made great analogies, and demonstrated what the viewer needed to know in a way that could be understood by beginners using the Fuji XT3. Your personality and rapport was just the right amount to keep people interested.

• @pal2tech
      @pal2tech  4 ปีที่แล้ว

Wow!!! Terilyn!!! Seriously, thank you so much for the nice comments. That means the world to me and I'm so glad that you liked the video and training!!! Please do keep in touch and don't hesitate to let me know if you ever have any X-T3 questions!!! All the best to you!!!

• @eaegaeb
    @eaegaeb 4 ปีที่แล้ว

I just came across your original video on the 16-80mm lens and it's latest update and I have spent goo number of hours watching most of your videos. Please don't stop, you are doing an excellent job showing, explaining features and functions of the X-T3 I could not find any other place, you are straight to the point, easy to follow - keep it up and thank you!

• @viviancavanzo749
    @viviancavanzo749 ปีที่แล้ว

I have seen some of your more recent videos and I love them. They are so informative yet you manage to make them fun with your creative explanations, your enthusiasm, and passion for photography. I only just saw this one you made 3 years ago and just wanted to let you know that we are here, we listen, and we are grateful for you, your experience & knowledge, and your humanity.

• @philfox55
    @philfox55 4 ปีที่แล้ว +7

Just keep doing what you’re doing! You’re a natural. You’re very enjoyable to watch and have great screen presence. Plus you’re a great teacher and a fellow Fuji lover.

• @pal2tech
      @pal2tech  4 ปีที่แล้ว

Wow Phil, thank you so much!!! I really appreciate your kind words. YOU ROCK sir!!! Sorry for the delay in responding -- TH-cam comments are very difficult to navigate and some get lost in the pages.

• @canuckdon
    @canuckdon 4 ปีที่แล้ว +6

Chris thanks for this, a very helpful video. I'm an XT2 user and frankly focus is my biggest challenge. I watched this video a couple of times already - with my next viewing I'll start/stop with my camera at my side. Good work!

• @pal2tech
      @pal2tech  4 ปีที่แล้ว

Thank you so much for letting me know Don!!! Sorry for the delay in responding -- TH-cam comments are very difficult to navigate and some get lost in the pages. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any X-T3 questions. All the best to you sir!!!

• @Ashleys172
    @Ashleys172 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Love this! Thank you for continuing to be transparent and a real human ♥️ As everyone else has stated; Your personality and knowledge keep bringing us back. I wouldn’t have bought my Fuji X-T30 without you!

• @jooyoonchung3593
    @jooyoonchung3593 ปีที่แล้ว

In addition to all of the wonderful content you post, you’re just so incredibly real and down to earth. I love that. So refreshing.

• @marker20
    @marker20 4 ปีที่แล้ว +5

Very helpful video with the zone and AF-C settings! Thanks for the tips!

• @pal2tech
      @pal2tech  4 ปีที่แล้ว

Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate it!! All the best to you!

• @Lau_dlx
      @Lau_dlx 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Do you know if the zone option work in video mode? Thanks 🙏🏻

• @paulasimson4939
    @paulasimson4939 4 ปีที่แล้ว +4

That note from your kids...…. awwww!!! So cute! I enjoy your video's so much and hope you can find your way to making them, without causing yourself undue stress. Peter McKinnon famously said "Better done than perfect". That's all your viewers want. Your content is so good and so appreciated. Good luck and enjoy your champagne.

• @pal2tech
      @pal2tech  4 ปีที่แล้ว

Thank you so much! I am sorry for the late response. I've been buried in comments lately so getting to this just now.

• @heinesandkilde1934
    @heinesandkilde1934 4 ปีที่แล้ว

I am a danish sparetime photographer traveling very often to beautiful Rome and Sardinia. My canon 5D Mrk II plus lenses have started to kill my shoulder, so I bought a Fujifilm XT-3 with the kit lense which are much easier to carry around. I got overwhelmed by the menu system and if it was not for you and your channel, I would have sold it again. Thank you very much for your entertaining and high level and easy to undestand videos. You made me give my XT-3 a new chance. I am glad you exist :-)

• @pal2tech
      @pal2tech  4 ปีที่แล้ว

Thank you so much Heine! I am sorry for the late response. I've been buried in comments lately so getting to this just now.

• @shaoshanfan3163
    @shaoshanfan3163 2 ปีที่แล้ว

One of the best explanation about auto focus mode I can find in TH-cam. Thanks!

• @LifestyleBoudoir
    @LifestyleBoudoir 4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

I, for one, really enjoy your videos Chris! Please keep them coming!

• @pal2tech

Thanks Mike!!!! You're awesome man!!!!!

• @oc2phish07
    @oc2phish07 4 ปีที่แล้ว +8

You have made an instant hit with me so PLEASE, keep producing. :)

• @pal2tech
      @pal2tech  4 ปีที่แล้ว

You got it!!! Absolutely will do!!! Thank you!

• @gowri59
    @gowri59 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi! Thanks for all the wonderful reviews and tutorials. I just bought an x-t3 last week and TH-cam recommended your videos to me. I’m so happy I found your channel and very touched that you shared your doubts and struggle. As a content creator I can completely relate. But your kids are right, you are awesome. Please keep following your heart and this will be super fun!

• @droneservices8993
    @droneservices8993 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I like your teaching methods. It's really helping me to learn this camera. I went from an x-t2 to an x-t4 because of you. Wow, what a difference. Thanks a bunch.

• @robari2410
    @robari2410 4 ปีที่แล้ว +8

We all feel this kind of fear sometimes. Thanks for sharing and for sharing about your family and pet. Your videos are great! an if this is not your main source of income I am even more grateful that you take the time. Your quality and delivery are awesome and different than others. I for one could live with once a month videos. Do not put unnecessary pressure on yourself man. Thanks again.

• @pal2tech
      @pal2tech  4 ปีที่แล้ว

Hey Reb!! Thank you. Yeah, I WISH they were the only source of income and got AMEX off my back. If they did, I'd be putting out 2-3 a week. Oh well, maybe one day. Speaking of which, I gotta get to work now... I'm late, LOL!!!!! Thanks for your kind words and keep in touch!!!!

• @aleksfaust
    @aleksfaust 4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

You're doing a great job! You know, I'm watching you from Moscow, Russia and love all this videos. They are really useful for me. Thank you very much and don't give it up!:)

• @pal2tech

Привет александр !! Большое спасибо за хорошие комментарии! Я так рад, что вы наслаждаетесь видео. Россия потрясающая !! Я был там в 1988, 1989 и 1992 годах. Был в Иркутске, Тбилиси, Москве, Санкт-Петербурге. Я хочу вернуться однажды ... Я люблю страну и людей. Пожалуйста, оставайтесь на связи и еще раз спасибо за такие красивые слова !!!

• @Raistlin7070
    @Raistlin7070 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thank you for this video. I've been struggling with the different focus modes. I just haven't had time to drill into the manual and this video randomly popped up in my feed. Very easy to understand! Keep it up!

• @digitaljb
    @digitaljb 2 ปีที่แล้ว

the ONLY person that has gone into extreme detail of the XT auto focus. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• @AniieTigermilk
    @AniieTigermilk 4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

OMG; you're back I miss your content 😭 because it's really good. also I know it!! that you write the scripts for the videos I like that very much. Since one of your first videos of fujifilm I start watching all the content and is amazing the personality that you express and the creativity. 🙌 And THE HUMOR 😂👌
    you have to know that you are my favorite TH-camr here🙌.
    So thanks you so much for everything and your time.
    and sorry for my bad English 😅

• @pal2tech
      @pal2tech  4 ปีที่แล้ว

Hey Angye!!!!! How ya doing!!! Wow, thank you soooooooo much!!!! Yep, back and even working on a new video now as we speak. Here's a sneak peek of the screenshot on location: twitter.com/pal2tech/status/1158845834534039554.
      How's your XT-3 photos going? Do you have an IG page? I'd love to see some of them!!

• @marshal165
    @marshal165 4 ปีที่แล้ว +11

I love this dude... Just go with the flow man .

• @pal2tech
      @pal2tech  4 ปีที่แล้ว

Hey Aman!!! Thank you so much sir!! 🙏🙏. Appreciate it!!

• @juliettemansour
    @juliettemansour 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi, so I stumbled on this video and although I had seen a few of your videos before, this particular one really got to me. I so appreciate your enthusiasm and dedication but what got to me is your authenticity at the end of the video. That really spoke to me! Good luck with your channel and greetings from a long-time Fuji street shooter. I’ll be tuning in more often!

• @annaborisova3170
    @annaborisova3170 2 ปีที่แล้ว

That 2nd part of the video was the most sincere thing I've seen on TH-cam. Thank you for what you are doing.

• @chillychurchil5972
    @chillychurchil5972 4 ปีที่แล้ว +5

thanks u so much for the easy to understand video...just bought used XT1

• @pal2tech

Hey Chilly!! That's great!!!! The XT1 is an awesome camera. How do you like it so far???? Please keep in touch!!!! That's the only XT model I don't have. Maybe I'll p/u one, one of these days! :-)

• @kaykayes86
      @kaykayes86 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@pal2techX T1 owner aswell - would be great to compare the focus, performance, imgquality next to the XT4 ☺️ greetings from Germany

• @jerrycasier6224
    @jerrycasier6224 4 ปีที่แล้ว +22

Please don't lose your humor, your 😂 and your... FOCUS😏

• @pal2tech

AWESOME comment Jerry!!!! Thank you! Sorry for the delay in responding -- TH-cam comments are very difficult to navigate and some get lost in the pages.

• @abr354
    @abr354 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I've been a big fan of your videos for some time now and as well as the excellent tutorials and product info you provide, your enthusiasm and joyful attitude are a big part of why you are one of my top photography channels :) You make learning fun and I am sure that anything you feel is worth sharing with us, will be hugely appreciated by everyone. Thank you for everything I have learned so far from your channel :)

• @pal2tech
      @pal2tech  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Awesome, thank you! 🙏 I really appreciate your letting me know. All the best to you my friend!

• @rayhernandez2996
    @rayhernandez2996 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Really enjoyed watching! I love your personable demeanor that you bring to your videos and never lose that. We love feeling like we’re talking to you in the same room.

• @michaelmcgrath9190
    @michaelmcgrath9190 4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Relax. Enjoy. Life’s stressful enough. The videos are great even if the champagne isn’t.

• @pal2tech

Hey Michael! Roger that sir, and yep, I'm on it!! Thanks!!! 🙏

• @trioSILENZIUM
    @trioSILENZIUM 3 ปีที่แล้ว +3

I am not showing green focus squares on the screen and I do not know where to enable them. help me please

• @nerdMike
      @nerdMike 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

check under disp. custom settings from display settings menu, and enable "focus frame" option

• @drshawnie
    @drshawnie 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I'm so proud that you have stuck with your Utubing! You are fun and interesting and talented! We love you!

• @shxbhangi
    @shxbhangi 4 ปีที่แล้ว

The best and the most useful Fujifillm X-T3 video on TH-cam

• @pal2tech
      @pal2tech  4 ปีที่แล้ว

Thank you so much! I am sorry for the late response. I've been buried in comments lately so getting to this just now.

• @lawlade
    @lawlade 3 ปีที่แล้ว

We are blessed to have you. Brought my first Fuji and you have been my go to for everything. Thanks so much. You are the best TH-camr 💕💕💕💕

• @ruthsamuels2590
    @ruthsamuels2590 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Keep having fun with making these videos! I’ve just come across your channel and have found it super helpful. Happily subscribed 😊

• @anncampbell4300
    @anncampbell4300 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for your effort and courage. I used an Olympus om2 film camera years ago and decided to get back into photography. I just bought a x-t3 and have been pretty overwhelmed trying to use and learn about it , and your simplicity of explanation is very much what I need.
    Thanks so much; really looking forward to more of your videos!

• @electronicsbyfaffa2347
    @electronicsbyfaffa2347 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Hey there Chris. I am (fairly) new to your channel, but I must congratulate you with it. It is my favorite channel for Fuji gear to watch and I have gained so much tips from you it is unreal. Keep the good work going. From South Africa, with love.

• @kevinsun4854
    @kevinsun4854 4 ปีที่แล้ว

your knowledge and the way you bring the content to all of the audience shows how much you put into each video you made. Thank you.

• @pal2tech
      @pal2tech  4 ปีที่แล้ว

Awww... Kevin, thank you sir!!!! That means so much to me... you ROCK sir!!!!

• @ShuTV42
    @ShuTV42 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Just stumbled upon this video after being a subscriber for a few months now and mostly watching your newer videos. Watching Part 2 of this Video made me happy as I see you're still having a lot of fun and creating great and helpful content! Hope you reach the 100k soon :)

• @daleanddoloresdetours9494
    @daleanddoloresdetours9494 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Dude, you are still as authentic as ever! Keep on keeping on. We are still here celebrating the successes of your hard work.

• @shubhamnagar5241
    @shubhamnagar5241 3 ปีที่แล้ว

one of the best videos to understand focus mode in Fuji. Thank you

• @josecolon8143
    @josecolon8143 3 ปีที่แล้ว

30K followers I’ve been with you since your 1,200 (something) you are growing and you’ll grow to pass 100K because we listen to your great teachings! Thanks for educating us all!

• @leslieknox2935
    @leslieknox2935 2 ปีที่แล้ว

I really appreciate your style. You lay things out very clearly. Perfectionism is pernicious and it was brave to own it. I look forward to seeing your other videos.

• @jorgsiebler4864
    @jorgsiebler4864 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Great video and excellent explanation of all the different focus modes! I hope to see many more of your videos!

• @LittleLisa82
    @LittleLisa82 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Thank you for all the time and effort you put into making these videos. I can't even fathom the feeling of putting yourself out there and not knowing the response on the other end. I for one appreciate watching your videos and as a new X-T3 owner they have been very helpful in teaching me how to make the most of my camera. Keep doing what your doing and you'll have great success!

• @pal2tech
      @pal2tech  4 ปีที่แล้ว

Hey Lisa!! Thank you so much!! I really appreciate your comments! So you are a new XT3 owner? Awesome!! Please let me know how it goes and if I can assist in anyway with any questions or issues with it. I know you'll get some great photos!!! 🙏 Please keep in touch!!

• @michaelfrancis2610
    @michaelfrancis2610 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Just got xt3 and this video was a massive help and presented in a humorous way ,if your smiling when learning it makes it a lot easier for sure. Cheers

• @fotografieuweroder4175
    @fotografieuweroder4175 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Your channel about all the Fujis (using or have used XPRO1, XPRO2, XT2, XT3) is one of the best. Really appreciate it very very much - LIKE

• @meyou58
    @meyou58 4 ปีที่แล้ว

I just back-tracked a search of x-t3 videos and found your video here and watched. Excellent explanation of the AF system for Fuji and appreciate all your tutorials. Many thanks!

• @DavidSL64
    @DavidSL64 4 ปีที่แล้ว

You are really great. That's the best Fuji focus modes video I have ever seen. I love how you do it step by step, and simplify to 8 modes...

• @pal2tech
      @pal2tech  4 ปีที่แล้ว

Wow David! Thank you so much man! That really means a lot to me and I'm so glad you liked the video. 🙏 🙏 🙏. Please do keep in touch and I know you'll be doing some excellent things with your camera!

• @MrDazza64
    @MrDazza64 4 ปีที่แล้ว

You are great man, don’t stress about it, just have fun with it and be yourself. I’ve been subbed to you from quite early days and you always do a great job! Best regards from across the pond, Dazza. 🇬🇧

• @damianleonard6348
    @damianleonard6348 8 หลายเดือนก่อน

congratulations on putting together an awesome Channel. you have really helped me rediscover my passion for photography because you present technical details in a fun and easy-to-apply manner. I'm excited again to get out shooting again with my XT3 which has lain idle for years. Your humanity shines through above all else!! thankyou

• @pal2tech
      @pal2tech  8 หลายเดือนก่อน

thank you so much! 🙏

• @timtrusler
    @timtrusler 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I stumbled upon your channel after looking for tips for the xt3 (I'm new to Fuji). I really appreciate your honesty and you clearly know your stuff, keep it going! Look forward to the next one

• @pal2tech
      @pal2tech  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thank you so much Tim!!!! 🙏

• @destonerock3499
    @destonerock3499 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Glad you continued to keep going..when I started to look something up on here, if you popped up I chose your video 1st every time..I subscribe to the channel..and have been watching and going through the videos..I got a xt4 and the videos have really helped out. The information is helpful but so is the personality.
    Thx for all the work.✊🏽

• @mattlord1980
    @mattlord1980 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Very clear and handy explanation of the focus modes. And props to you for talking about your mental health. Good stuff. And... go easy on yourself. Sometimes you need to give yourself a break.

• @markchen4381
    @markchen4381 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Just stumbled upon this video and you won my subscription. I found you were approachable, relatable and came across as honest. You have amazing qualities as a person, just keep the camera rolling and it will all fall into place. Amazing job Chris.

• @pal2tech

Wow, Mark, thank you so much!!! That means so much to me and I'm so happy you subscribed! Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any content you'd like to see a video done on here, Take care and please keep in touch!!! 🙏

• @aussiekate1350
    @aussiekate1350 3 ปีที่แล้ว

thanks so much for your tutorials. As someone relatively new to photography I absolutely love your videos as you have a terrific way of explaining things and you give me the confidence to go out and try what you're teaching. Keep up the good work!

• @terrencedays5186
    @terrencedays5186 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Instant subscriber! Please don't stop. I'm 7yrs into my craft and really starting to take it serious. Decided to brush up on some knowledge on auto focus before I use my xt3 for my B cam, Dude you are by far the best teacher I've seen on TH-cam. No kidding✊🏿🙌🏿💣💥Please remember a true teacher breaks things down to its simplest form.

• @ianmccorquodale4551
    @ianmccorquodale4551 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Just got my XT3 & I’m new to Fuji. I’d like to tell you that you have helped speed up my understanding of how to get the results I want & I can’t thank you enough for that. You explain the cameras and settings in such a fun, easy way. Please keep up the great work & I wish you & your channel all the best for now & in the future. Amazing work 👍🏼

• @playfulcyanide
    @playfulcyanide ปีที่แล้ว

Thank you for making these videos. I’m still shooting on an XT-2 and your style is super engaging and easy to follow.

• @andrius_magic
    @andrius_magic 2 ปีที่แล้ว

In my eyes you took TH-cam to the next level. You introduced humbleness and honesty, the properties I did not expect here to find. You are special. Thanks!

• @davidericaustin
    @davidericaustin 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Super video. You've helped me so much with my photography and you are awesome to watch. It's like this dad to dad mind meld. You've made the pictures I take of my family and friends so much better. Photography has given me a reason to stop working so much and go out and explore. Thank you.

• @TheOneAboveAll_
    @TheOneAboveAll_ 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Incredible teacher and very transparent, I appreciate you, your knowledge and gifts.

• @pal2tech
      @pal2tech  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thank you so much Lamar!!! You rock!

• @colinclark3218
    @colinclark3218 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Keep on doing what you are doing. Love your approach, your humour, your explanations and your honesty. You are doing a great job.

• @pal2tech

Thank you so much Colin!!! 🙏That's so awesome to hear and means a lot to me. Please do keep in touch and YOU ROCK sir!!!!

• @whitemat1
    @whitemat1 4 ปีที่แล้ว

I really enjoyed your explanation of the focus modes, you injected energy and life in to what can be a dry subject! I too struggle with the whole ‘what am I trying to be’ feeling, but you’re making great content which is bound to evolve. Thanks!

• @pal2tech

Thanks Mathew!!! That really helps me to hear and I so much appreciate your taking the time to mention it. Yeah, the 'what am I trying to be' still does creep back and another haunt from time to time, but I now tend to ignore it and keep pushing forward. All the best to you sir and please do keep in touch!!!!

• @riyaancornelius1020
    @riyaancornelius1020 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Doing a great job man! You making it so much easier for people to set up their fujifulm x-t3 cameras. I like the way you set out topics and then go through them on the camera itself. I'm trying to save for my very own Camera and with all my research i now want my first to be a fujifilm X-T3 and thanks to you for confirming my decision!

• @theboyfish72
    @theboyfish72 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Ive just bought an xt3 and ive watched loads of videos about the settings and the menus , but your video has been the best ive watched. The way you get the information across is easy to understand and fun. Keep going. Ive just subscribed

• @pal2tech
      @pal2tech  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thank you so much Ali!!!! You ROCK sir!!!!

• @Mindartcreativity
    @Mindartcreativity 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Subscribed! I watched some of your videos and now this one and you have a new subscriber now. Your personality make these videos what they are. This was easily the best video explaining the AF on Fuji X cameras. Thank you for that. I was quite confused when I first got it, especially when to use what mode. You rock!

• @pal2tech

Wow!!!! Thank you!!! 🙏🙏 I don't know what I love more: your wonderful comments (that made my Month) or your awesome username: Mind. Art. Creativity. That's just so awesome!!!!

• @Mindartcreativity
      @Mindartcreativity 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Thank you for your kind words, now you made my day, and you are most welcome 😁 You're the first to comment on my user name, Mind.Art.Creativity. is actually the name of my self-directed and produced documentary series here on TH-cam in which I interview young artists from my country Luxembourg, and portray their mind, their art and their creativity in a short film. The latest episode was entirely shot on my Fuji XH1. The others were shot on a Sony XDCam and a7SII. The language is Luxembourgish, some have English subtitles, the latest is in French though. Have a very nice day 😁

• @NDMendes
    @NDMendes 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Awesome work and honesty about your concerns and pains! Thanks for your content!

• @jasonkrac2019
    @jasonkrac2019 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I just got to seeing this video, great content on the AF modes for XT-x but I loved your ending speaking about your personal experience. Sometimes we get something more out of a video that what we were looking for. Kudos for adding valuable and heartfelt personal experience. Keep it up.

• @pal2tech
      @pal2tech  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Awesome! Thank you so much Jason!! That means a lot to me!!! 🙏 🙏

• @newseagull
    @newseagull 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Dearest, let me call you that, you are very good at transmitting a lot of information and little tricks about our beloved Fuji, but above all you are a person of a sympathy that I cannot describe so much it is irresistible. I understand that you can't have the direct feeling when you create the videos, but you know that I am thousands of kilometers away from you (I'm in Italy) and I love your videos, all without exception. I am sure you will reach 100,000 subscribers of your youtube channel and indeed,If I were in Fuji, I will appoint yourself as their ambassador today. To you goes all my esteem and appreciation for all your efforts in these videos that I love. A big big hug - Eugenio Gambino - Italy -

• @pal2tech
      @pal2tech  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thank you so much!!!!! That means a lot to me! 🙏 🙏

• @heribertogarciaribas8977
    @heribertogarciaribas8977 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Great video. Very well explained. I just bought the XT-3 a few days ago and can't wait to watch your other videos to understand the camera better. Thanks a lot!

• @pal2tech
      @pal2tech  4 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks Heriberto. I use both the 170 and 300 mbs cards. If you aren't using H265 and just default video on camera, I'd start with this one as it's a lot cheaper and you don't need the 300mbs bitrate: amzn.to/2LPFUay

• @jeremywenrich
    @jeremywenrich 4 ปีที่แล้ว

This video hit me right where I can feel it most. I know exactly what you are talking about. Many of us do.
    I discovered your channel after doing a lot of research for cameras that I could take on regular hiking and backpacking trips. You’ve given me a lot of confidence with my very recent X-T3 investment-I’ve started from your oldest content and just now reached this video. I appreciate your honesty. I appreciate what you were going through. And I appreciate YOU.
    I plan to use my X-T3 to launch a local hiking channel and another for thruhiking. I’ve no idea how it’s going to go, but you are an inspiration. If I can put in similar effort and give back to others as you’ve given to us then I’ll count it successful.

• @markc.rogers3232
    @markc.rogers3232 4 ปีที่แล้ว

A superb and comprehensive explanation of how to use Fujifilm xt3 autofocus modes. Thank you. Please keep up the great work you are doing.

• @pal2tech

Hey Mark! Thank you so much! That really means a lot to me and please do keep in touch - I will see you around here real soon! Take care buddy…

• @fugazi1479
    @fugazi1479 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

This guy is loud and excited but watching him talk is peacefully soothing.

• @pal2tech
      @pal2tech  4 ปีที่แล้ว

LOL, thanks!!! I cover both sides. 😄

• @skfirojali2429
    @skfirojali2429 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Best video on TH-cam about Fujifilm focusing tecnic.

• @Hendrixdh
    @Hendrixdh 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Awesome stuff! I especially liked the last section talking about the issues of making videos and perfectionism, because I think a lot of people struggle with that in different areas of their lives. Thanks for sharing!

• @pal2tech

Thank you Danny!!!! I really appreciate that man and I'm trying so hard to overcome that. I am working on a new video -- and learning to JUST HAVE FUN WITH IT and not worry so much. Anyhow, thank you for the nice comment and please keep in touch!!!

• @annalee8841
    @annalee8841 3 ปีที่แล้ว

You're amazing, I love your humor and how clear you explain things ❤️

• @theresewillen2484
    @theresewillen2484 ปีที่แล้ว

You're freaking AMAZING never forget that! And all the knowledge you share is worth so much! It's okey to not be active all the time, creativity sometimes need time off to. And you know what, we want to see the reel you, not a perfect you, just you. Now that I have seen a lot of your videos, and this one is one older one, I can really see that you have changed your way of being in front of the camera. So you got this, and I'm really grateful for every minute you spend on this channel!

• @stevenmichael7004
    @stevenmichael7004 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Chris, I’m still binge watching your past vids, and glad I am. This one really hit home. I’ve had my XT4 for a few days and still learning the Fuji (vs Canon) world, and nearly 100% of your vids on XT3 are applicable. Then you get to the part about the struggle to continue to stay productive on TH-cam. I’ve honestly looked to do a channel for more than a year, and I have ideas, and gear, and yet I stay in this constant state of “blocked”. Thanks for the honesty - I got as much from this as the tech you shared. Later from NC.

• @pal2tech
      @pal2tech  4 ปีที่แล้ว

Hey Steven, awww man I could not possibly imagine binge watching my videos. I would feel like I drank 6 cups of coffee and swallowed 3 Dexatrim. And about creating a channel? Literally just start shooting and posting. I can't stress that enough. I know you will come up with some great content and if you already have ideas that it would be a huge shame not to at least try it. What you have to lose? It's free to set up a TH-cam account and free to publish a video right? If you do end up doing this, let me know the link to your channel. In the meantime, I hope you are staying safe in North Carolina and please keep in touch!

• @nenadzavodja93
    @nenadzavodja93 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Chris, you're really great and interesting youtuber, you're easy to listen and you're good in passing the knowledge and experience to us. Thank you and keep up the good work! 😊

• @MarkPowerPhoto
    @MarkPowerPhoto 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I love this. Great breakdown of the focus modes - even better admission at the end. I admire and respect your self-awareness and thoughtful reflection. I don’t do TH-cam videos, but I know completely how that anxiety to match previous work can become a chocking block on your creativity. It’s a constant struggle for me; even though I know damn well what it is! Best wishes to you. And thanks for the video.

• @pal2tech
      @pal2tech  4 ปีที่แล้ว

Hey Mark!!! Wow, thank you so much sir!!!! I so appreciate those kind words, especially the info about the anxiety to match previous work. I'm working on a video now (to follow this one) and am constantly reminding myself to just have fun with it and get what I can. It's become like a mantra because if I don't repeat it all the time, I'll slip back into the chocking block for sure. Ain't being a creative / right brained sort of person just GRAND!! :-) Thanks again and please keep in touch!!! 🙏