We FINALLY Bought a *BRAND NEW* Skid Steer! (and...almost burned the house down) | 2023 Bobcat T770

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 19 พ.ค. 2024
  • Check out Curtis Lane Equipment!
    Chat with the community:
    Discord: / discord
    Find us online:
    Instagram: / acmeacres.life
    X/Twitter: / acmeacres
    Genay's Podcast:
    TH-cam: / @consciouscontactpodcast
    Spotify: open.spotify.com/show/5bgVcRH...
    Join Luke (AKA CaRtOoNz) and his better half Genay every Sunday as they struggle through the challenges of turning 215 acres of North Carolina dirt into a forever homestead, here on the Acme Acres channel.
    Chapters:
    00:00 - 00:22 - Hello There
    00:22 - 01:00 - Acme Intro
    01:00 - 06:55 - Walkaround
    06:55 - 07:29 - Stone Montage
    07:29 - 16:06 - Bobcat Dealer
    16:06 - 17:32 - Driving To Acme
    17:32 - 18:17 - Delivery Montage
    18:17 - 26:50 - Skid Steer Info
    26:50 - 29:16 - The First Drive
    29:16 - 32:50 - The First Job
    32:50 - 38:35 - Water Update
    38:35 - 39:04 - Acme Outro

ความคิดเห็น • 269

• @countryguy3024
    @countryguy3024 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +29

As a farmer who has run skidd-steres for over 20 years, here's my thoughts. Pallet forks and a brush grapple are what you will need 100% of the time. Pallet forks are a universal tool in the world of skidd-steres. And brush grapples are a must with the amount of land you have. Trees will drop limbs all the time, and those two attachments will help you out alot! Cleaning out the equipment regularly plays a crucial role in maintaining a long, productive life. This does not mean just wash it off with a power washer. Buy a large air compressor with a blow gun, blow the air filters out, around any exposed electrical components, and the radiator/cooling system. All this seems small, but it stops problems from occurring.

• @TrocarSlushWeasel
    @TrocarSlushWeasel 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +92

You have to have the swing facing towards the view. Its not like you're gonna be doing big swings, just gentle sways. Much better to look out over your grounds than the wall.

• @rodgerrodger1958
      @rodgerrodger1958 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

The master oogway of yard work.

• @fuckyourhandle91
      @fuckyourhandle91 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Use eye hooks. You can change the direction of the swing to your liking

• @robertlangtry5699
      @robertlangtry5699 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

If they are affected by hurricane winds, they need to be careful about it taking out their windows....

• @HaoaHaNa8513
    @HaoaHaNa8513 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +20

In case anyone is wondering, the "bettles" at 3:30 are Boxelder bugs. They are native to the eastern parts of North America, and will hang around homes during the cold seasons for warmth. They pose no threat to anyone and are just straight up vibing.
    Also, happy birthday Genay!!

• @necrochemical5572
      @necrochemical5572 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

southern too. We get plenty in Texas

• @jend6597
      @jend6597 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

lol i thought they were lightning bugs!

• @destorer5000
      @destorer5000 หลายเดือนก่อน

​@@jend6597
      Me too😅

• @Cnzcia
    @Cnzcia 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +45

You know, when it snows, home owners have to shovel the driveways and all that? Cartoonz has like a mile long driveway xD

• @FranFine79
      @FranFine79 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +15

That's where the bobcat will come in handy 😉

• @sigpi222
      @sigpi222 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

Eden sees like, 6" of snow per year. Pretty sure clearing that driveway is a non-issue.

• @robertlangtry5699
      @robertlangtry5699 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

@@sigpi222 My first thought was about the kick-ass snow thrower he could put on there, until I remembered that they were in South Carolina, that this video was recent, and comparatively, they hardly even know what snow is compared to here.... 😅

• @MaskedStray
    @MaskedStray 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +11

Anyone else hold their breathe when toonz jumped that small gap?! That grunt showed them legs aint what they use to be 😂😂. Love this channel and the updates!

• @paulftw87
    @paulftw87 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +7

Your new Bobcat is 100% worth the purchase because you can legit get the backhoe attachment for it for the front, it can be your workhorse, can probably get all the attachments ever made and not spend anywhere close to another $80,000. Can set aside the additional cost for fuel and maintenance for the single machine instead of two.

• @CurtisLaneEquipment
      @CurtisLaneEquipment 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

The Bob-Tach attachment mounting system helps you change attachments in less than a minute. And Bobcat makes the most attachments in the industry. So, yes, you're exactly right.

• @Kbrezer
    @Kbrezer 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +20

Genay just hopping around at 6:40 has me in tears. Such a vibe, i do that all the time xD

• @Incognito1786
      @Incognito1786 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

I was just about to say that everything makes SO much more sense. Toonz is a bit crazy, and it seems his lady is too. 🤣

• @Challenger0428
    @Challenger0428 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +16

I suggest the swing facing the view. It’s all about what your looking at while you’re spending time in it. Happy Birthday to your lovely lady.

• @tyleradams4422
    @tyleradams4422 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +9

It would probably be a good idea to get a Aux diesel tank and pump on the property that way you have large amounts of fuel on property at all times and just have someone come fill the tanks periodically. That way can run all your machines, generators, etc.

• @merica_0015
    @merica_0015 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +4

When you start buying implements make a habit to raise your skid steer arms up and roll it forward to check the pins to make sure they are lock in

• @RedNeck_Zeus
    @RedNeck_Zeus 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +5

The best brand is the one with the nearest dealership. Because no matter the brand, things break, so it best to have quick and easy access to repairs and/or replacements.

• @angelagreen5431
    @angelagreen5431 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +21

We call those boxelder bugs. They're everywhere. Lol

• @smd_mat8221
      @smd_mat8221 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Definitely looks like boxelder bugs, rough on trees/plants/gardens

• @KableTac
    @KableTac 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

nothing beats a skid steer. there are so many accessories you can load up to a skid steer to make it useful for virtually any situation.

• @wintercheetah2279
    @wintercheetah2279 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Watching these videos really just shows how much time has passed because I would watch cartoons EVERYDAY as a kid and just seeing this journey makes me tear up a little

• @benmiller5015
    @benmiller5015 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +14

Do a tractor man. You can get a 3 point hitch backhoe attachment. N you'll be able to get a rototiller attachment for the garden n pull a trailer

• @pleviathan
    @pleviathan 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +8

The swing gotta face the view, c'mon!
    Happy birthday, Genay! Hope Luke spoiled you!

• @taylorgreenblue5925
    @taylorgreenblue5925 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

I'm glad you always take the time to give recognition and shout out to the local businesses.

• @natebowman7593
    @natebowman7593 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

3:30 Those are Boxelder Beetles, they are harmless native bugs who feed on maple seeds.

• @kudoskarlos
    @kudoskarlos 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

Nice operating my dude. Make sure you do a 360 check every time you move. I know you're out of the way with no one around, but bad habits can lead to bad accidents. Stay safe and keep the awesome videos coming!

• @markcook512
    @markcook512 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +8

I legit can't wait to see the final touches when it's completely done omg

• @tristinbeyda
    @tristinbeyda 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +25

Yo, toonz, you might want to look into getting a bobcat tool-cat. We use them at my college. Very versatile, UTV/truck like vehicle with 4 wheel steering, a fully enclosed cab, loader in the front and dumping bed in the rear. And they can move FAST! Also has high flow hydraulics, and universal attachments like the skid loader you just bought. I can see it quickly becoming an essential machine in traversing your whole property. We use ours year round to plow snow, move dirt, dump gravel, transport gear and more! One of these just might be your next purchase!

• @robertlangtry5699
      @robertlangtry5699 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

He already has ATVs though, and you can put attachments on them if needed, so that would just be throwing his money away...

• @tristinbeyda
      @tristinbeyda 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

@@robertlangtry5699 yeah but an ATV can't haul or carry much and the skid loader would take forever to get to certain areas of his property.

• @babymine5482
    @babymine5482 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +13

Please have the swing face the view..
    Genay...
    Happy Birthday!
    House looks better each time you show it. June seems a long time away, but you'll have your life there...
    🙏🙏💗💗

• @MapleRhubarb
    @MapleRhubarb 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Bobcat, sponsor this man! lol I too will be so sad if that persimmon tree is too torched to live...keep us updated! 🙏

• @damianpadayachee5111
    @damianpadayachee5111 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +9

Happy Belated Birthday Genay!

• @Metalenmike
    @Metalenmike 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

ima be honest yall, having worked on a ranch where we had a bad grass fire that scorched a few trees. theres a high chance that trees gonna die. especially to that degree BUT you never know! Try getting some tree wound sealer to replace the burnt/destroyed bark. oh and a tip about getting a tractor please for the love of god dont get a john deere XD maybe go for a kubota.

• @night-owl-yt
    @night-owl-yt 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +14

You had the perfect chance to play all stars by smash mouth when the video started😅😂

• @SenseofNoneYT
    @SenseofNoneYT 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Swing facing the view probably. At least it's what I'd want personally.

• @ang577
    @ang577 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

A swivel option would be best but if only choosing one or the other, definitely a view towards the nature would be best. You can have a bench large enough for the two of of you to sit and chat or for when Genay wants to curl up and read a nice book. Either way, love the progress and excited for the finished product! 🙌

• @SharpShooter9867
    @SharpShooter9867 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Should also get a grading bucket to go along with the tooth bucket. It will help with developing your property.

• @Bennyandwifey
    @Bennyandwifey 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

The lip sync on the “Hello there” at the beginning was perfect
    😗🤌
    Nice work editor

• @TimHughes93
    @TimHughes93 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

At work I run an e35 open cab and I agree you definitely want a close cab

• @je5u5rodriguez20
    @je5u5rodriguez20 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Casa Toonz is looking tremmendous
    Been waiting to finally see all the work being done

• @LowQualityPigeon
    @LowQualityPigeon 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Gary seems like a really nice guy.

• @AbirZaam
    @AbirZaam 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

36:37 Personally, I say "view for default when it's just you two, then move to conversation arrangement when you have a guest".

• @aaronnicholson61
    @aaronnicholson61 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

38:29 Happy Birthday 🎉🎉

• @lougeiling8799
    @lougeiling8799 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

happy birthday Genay

• @LucarnAnderson
    @LucarnAnderson 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Those boxelder bugs are very common but they like to come with a lot of them. They’re harmless no worries! I’ve always called them painted ladies cause they look like they’re painted lol.

• @stupidasso6645
    @stupidasso6645 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Happy Birthday Janay

• @XxHersheyxXKooki
    @XxHersheyxXKooki 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +4

Happy Birthday Genay!
    I think facing the view would be a great look for the swing, with some side tables or a big rocks as a platform on each end would be a good idea.

• @superboy881000
    @superboy881000 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Love watching the progress and toy collection grow.
    Happy birthday Genay🎉

• @williamfeeney9216
    @williamfeeney9216 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Happy Birthday Genay, hoping your day was special.

• @sillygrand
    @sillygrand 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Happy birthday Genay!!🎉

• @cadenwyllie8372
    @cadenwyllie8372 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

congrats tooonz!!! this looks amazing. once all the plumbing and electrical is finalized the building process goes by super quick so you should be in your house in no time. well hopefully never know with contractors lol

• @dwdarkwing1419
    @dwdarkwing1419 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Happy birthday, genay! And luke with more toys is always great!!

• @blessedmama1234
    @blessedmama1234 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Happy birthday Genay🎉

• @sueweetiecat
    @sueweetiecat 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Happy birthday genaaay!

• @SoreBeard
    @SoreBeard 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Happy birthday Genay!

• @dontaylor8438
    @dontaylor8438 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Great stuff. Sir! Happy Birthday Miss Genay!

• @Theeonlysherlock
    @Theeonlysherlock 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Happy birthday Genay! Great video dude.. house looks great.

• @SouthernTake
    @SouthernTake 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

My parents have had a septic tank for 40yrs about 25yrs ago my father had a larger one put in , I think it has had to be emptied twice , they are not bad you just need to find a solid one and put it level with the house so the rain water won't run back into them , put tablets in the toilet like twice a year to help decompose what's in there , My ex bought a house in Mississippi that actually had a water purifier inside the tank that purified the water and it is what was used for the sprinklers for the garden / yard. . worth looking into imo , they get a bad rap for some reason but ours has never leaked or caused any issues ever. and you are right they want to annex you in order to have city septic , and that my friend is city taxes , all kinds of regulations on farm life. I would carry my shit out in buckets before I let someone annex you.

• @zackplays3690
    @zackplays3690 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Happy BIrthday Genay!!

• @williamhorsley4814
    @williamhorsley4814 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Genay 🎂 🥳 🎉 🎊

• @christiaankoch6412
    @christiaankoch6412 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Happy birthday Genay 🎉🎉

• @shaykrogman5910
    @shaykrogman5910 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Happy Birthday Genay!!

• @captainjames1199
    @captainjames1199 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Happy birthday genay!

• @robertpaulus4083
    @robertpaulus4083 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Happy birthday Genay

• @Deevs09
    @Deevs09 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Happy birthday!! Hope you had a great day Genay!

• @bluevalentine252
    @bluevalentine252 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Happy Birthday Genay! 😁

• @joshpierzina7648
    @joshpierzina7648 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Since you started with the track loader, I would say the next logical choice would be a mini excavator. That being said, I would make sure you actually need one before purchasing a mini excavator. Otherwise, I would say rent one when you need one. The compact tractors are nice if you actually need one, but a skid loader and compact excavator will work circles around those little tractors. I would only really consider a tractor for pulling a tiller, drag, small wagons or if you want one with a finish mower.
    As far as brand choice goes, I don't think it matters. They are all going to break / have issues. Having a good dealer nearby for support is probably the most important factor when choosing what machine to buy .

• @Munny.Moony.
    @Munny.Moony. 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

you guys should get one of those swinging daybeds! If you stained the wood to match your door, think it would balance out the front nicely.

• @MuseaBear
    @MuseaBear 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Happy Birthday, Genay!!! I hope it was awesome!!!

• @aliamello7878
    @aliamello7878 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Happy birthday Genay!!! 🍻

• @soloavalos95
    @soloavalos95 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Happy birthday Genay!! Also can’t wait for the to see the end product!

• @breethebutcher3074
    @breethebutcher3074 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

It looks so good now that all the stone is up, and yes it looks sick around the door. Y'all made great choices. Congrats on the new equipment, and a very happy belated birthday to Genay!!! I hope you had an amazing day!!🥳🎁🎂💙

• @girl.oblivion
    @girl.oblivion 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Happy belated birthday, Genay!

• @nicollette4485
    @nicollette4485 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GENAY!!

• @technofrankdk3195
    @technofrankdk3195 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Happy Birthday Genay 🥳

• @shaylahv3974
    @shaylahv3974 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Happy birthday Genay 🎊🎉❤️

• @tquannewman934
    @tquannewman934 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Happy Birthday Genay

• @PhantomTayTay
    @PhantomTayTay 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Happy birthday Genay! I say the swing facing the view. You could always change it later in life. Damn, it's been a long time coming and the house is almost here. It looks amazing!

• @apocalyptictim7831
    @apocalyptictim7831 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Happy Birthday Genay! and I would say the View is top tier for the swing!

• @angelsandfaes
    @angelsandfaes 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GENAY! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

• @malone_the_gamer
    @malone_the_gamer 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

the toonz mansion gettin almost ready , the misses looks so tiny compared to just the windows let alone the front of the house lol

• @markgrantner
    @markgrantner 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Can't wait to see the finish house. Also Happy Belated Birthday Genay.

• @spidermonkey2198
    @spidermonkey2198 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

When Cartoonz talked about a new toy, all I could think was "It's the Claw. Claw is our master. Claw chooses who will go, and who will stay." As for my vote, it will always be to face and enjoy the view.

• @alanclarke5112
    @alanclarke5112 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Happy Belated Genay!

• @snowmants92_gaming83
    @snowmants92_gaming83 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Happy belated birthday Genay

• @kevinthorne5793
    @kevinthorne5793 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

You should tell squirrel to stop leaving his tree branches around. 😂

• @matztonne2167
    @matztonne2167 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Happy Birthday 🎉

• @Skycastle
    @Skycastle 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

I love the new equipment and please make more videos of using them. Your house is getting so beautiful!
    About the swing, let it face out towards your lovely landscape.
    Finally, happy birthday Genay

• @OffByOneGaming
    @OffByOneGaming 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

The swing towards the view is definitely better IMO. Congrats on new equipment Toonz!

• @coffeelionn
    @coffeelionn 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Happy birthday, Genay! 🎉🎂
    And yay for new toys! I love watching the progress on the house build as well as the other vlogs you occasionally do on the channel. I've learned quite a bit and it makes me itchy to build my own home some day lol

• @NightDevil6969
    @NightDevil6969 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Happy birthday Genay and nice skip

• @advkow
    @advkow 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Cartoonz looks like he's driving a mech

• @FanOfCartoonz
    @FanOfCartoonz 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Awesome new toy, and the house is looking good as always! 🤙🏻

• @805NAVE
    @805NAVE 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

13:24 cartoonz!!! You just casually walked past that rare Chevy HHR SS without even looking ???? 🤯🤯🤯

• @shanelee240
    @shanelee240 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Happy belated birthday Genay🎉,And for the swing i think it would be best if faced towards the scenery

• @melloyellosurge
    @melloyellosurge 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GENAY!!!
    Also, with the swing, I would say that it depends on what you prioritize more. I would have it facing the driveway if you're looking for the view. I would also suggest having it facing towards the front door if you want to face any guest who may be joining you on your front porch. Just something to think about.

• @stefaniealex6775
    @stefaniealex6775 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

We need a front pov camera next time you use the bobcat

• @Cnzcia
    @Cnzcia 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

HAPPY BDAY GENAY!!!!!! 🎉

• @JHanson
    @JHanson 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Porch swing: Maybe at an angle so you can have a bit of a view and also put more tables and chairs to still see a bit of who you are with.

• @FranFine79
    @FranFine79 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Happy belated birthday!!!

• @thenameugaveme1540
    @thenameugaveme1540 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

You look dapper young man that shirt looks nice and that cut looks clean yes indeed 🤠

• @juliusorozco433
    @juliusorozco433 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Just recently rewatched gas station sim vids and you said you wanted a machine like that for your house. how cool to see you buy one now!

• @88kingfire
    @88kingfire 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Genay happy birthday

• @user-vq6rx5jo8c
    @user-vq6rx5jo8c 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

If you run a mulcher you need a external cooler . A tractor is a very versatile piece of equipment with a abi rake .

• @briannamorey8929
    @briannamorey8929 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Happy Birthday🎂

• @captainkh28thewickedtwiste12
    @captainkh28thewickedtwiste12 หลายเดือนก่อน

❤😊😮. Happy birthday Genay and Great Video Guys 😊❤.

• @roberthill7007
    @roberthill7007 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

I look so forward to seeing your videos. You rule.

• @monkeytoes1155
    @monkeytoes1155 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

You're gonna be living in my dream house pretty much.
    Such a beautiful piece of architecturea