DECEMBER DIRT - Triumph Scrambler 1200 XC & Yamaha T700

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 14 ต.ค. 2024
  • As we're currently in lockdown here in the UK, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, I've had a chance to root through some old footage from an eventful day on the lanes, last December, with Wil Collins ( / justwilcollins . This was a rather grim, wet, and very muddy route, which enabled me to put the Scram to the test, as well as my physical and mental ability.
    You could really feel the weight of the bike, due to lack of momentum, but the 21" front wheel stood true, and kept carving through the terrain, as long as I held it straight (even if the rear was constantly sideways). Disabling TC got me the traction I needed, even with my rear knobby turning into a slick!
    I personally prefer this Scram on the dry byways, gravel tracks and fire trails, but that's due to my off road ability, no doubt. As I improve, this Scram 1200 will be killer, for sure. It's definitely capable, but the pipe does get rather hot when travelling at such slow speeds in such a high gear.
    Tyres helped greatly however! They're Mitas E10's, a tyre I rate highly.
    Thumbnail photo of T700 & Scram by Wil Collins

ความคิดเห็น • 27

• @oliviermagere
    @oliviermagere 7 หลายเดือนก่อน

Kudos for even considering it. I find these kind of conditions sketchy on a eMTB so I think I'll wait till trails dry out to give it a go on the XC !

• @eddiex72
    @eddiex72 4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Darth Vader throwing back 50 doughnuts!? Hilarious! Great video friend.

• @paulharrison8155
    @paulharrison8155 4 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Respect for taking the XC along those lanes

• @unparalleledtwin5280
      @unparalleledtwin5280  4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Thanks Paul. Yeah as we kept pushing on, it got worse and worse. There was only one way out, and we weren't leaving the bikes! Good real world test though 🤙

• @AnotherHipster
    @AnotherHipster 3 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Really enjoyed this, i'm turning my Street Twin into more scrambler style [I know I know should have just brought the scrambler....) to test if I like it, eyeing up the XC got a test ride when things are allowed. Great video thanks for sharing, my off roading so far has many been just gravel/dirt

• @Gatosobreruedas
    @Gatosobreruedas 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Las dos más motos más lindas.. y por lo que vemos.. se comportan de 10 en terrenos difíciles.. 👌🏼

• @MarceloG..
    @MarceloG.. 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Very cool, that was a tough ride. If you don't mind could I suggest borrowing footage from Wil to see the scrambler in action.

• @taz473
    @taz473 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Took my tracer 900gt up a similar road,handled like it was on rails! Was awesome, great fun.cant keep it clean,impossible!🤘🤙🙃

• @Millermk4
    @Millermk4 3 ปีที่แล้ว

To be fair those conditions would be difficult on a dirt bike never mind that thing! Good work, there’s plenty of shaley/ rocky trails in the lakes that’ll be a hoot on!

• @Sprice93USAF
    @Sprice93USAF 2 ปีที่แล้ว

I’m trying to decide between these two!!

• @leegingerninja
    @leegingerninja 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Looked alot fun mate 🤘😎

• @frankpinion4937
    @frankpinion4937 3 ปีที่แล้ว

You have some pretty serious off road tyres on the bike but you need to keep the rear wheel spinning up to clear the mud from between the knobs, otherwise you end up with a slick tyre and no grip.

• @oswaldoalmeida6267
    @oswaldoalmeida6267 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Nice video!

• @TT-lg7ip
    @TT-lg7ip 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Pretty new rider, but still thinking of getting the T XE for a commuter/everything bike. As such, what changes or add-ons would you recommend?

• @ChrisDavis333
      @ChrisDavis333 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Pipes and a de-cat and a cheap windscreen to hide the back of the gauge cluster and you’re good to go. Different rubber when you wear out the stock Metzelers, they’re just fine for what you plan on doing, but they’re not a great tire and not particularly good on or off road, a pretty meh tire and could do for a swap when the time comes. Choose a stickier more road bias tire if you found you didn’t take the bike off road more than a couple times in the duration of the stock set.

• @Lumpy072
    @Lumpy072 2 ปีที่แล้ว

how much is a new clutch?

• @Si_in_Finland
    @Si_in_Finland 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Which of these two has the best ergonomics for a 6ft3 tall rider ?

• @blablablabla4245
      @blablablabla4245 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Easily the t7 mate. I am 187cm tal and i dont ook like a clown on the bike. But the Yamaha

• @Kaegis
    @Kaegis 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

At least you're actually achieving what the bike was designed for (classic dual sport), albeit, on the larger end of the scale for the XC model. Spin the rear hard ever now & then to fling the loaded muck out of the tyre. It's the only way, esp with clay. (Excuse the pun).

• @ChrisDavis333
    @ChrisDavis333 4 ปีที่แล้ว

You would have destroyed this terrain with just a slightly more aggressive tire.. this is the last terrain you’d want to tackle with that tire, a slightly more off-road bias tire would prevent the clay from clogging every bit of tread and basically turning your rear tire into a slick. That tire is manageable in the dry off road, but it doesn’t agree with wet earth in the slightest. Upgrade your rubber to a 60:40 or so and you’d have a jolly time out there.

• @KrisMOTO23
    @KrisMOTO23 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

MATE. That looked a tad muddy. Horrific.

• @unparalleledtwin5280
      @unparalleledtwin5280  4 ปีที่แล้ว

Pure filth mate. Never again haha. Dry trails and gravel tracks are where it's at 👌

• @gerryryan2302
    @gerryryan2302 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Even with good tyres , uk wet grass and mud are the worst

• @robbikebob
    @robbikebob 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Well, that looks like 'fun'. 😐

• @danijimenez7558
    @danijimenez7558 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Demasiado despacio
    Algomas rápido y de pie, la moto irá mejor todavia

• @kookiethebear
    @kookiethebear 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Dirt bike or quad to go down the tractor path...not an adventure(ish) bike, mate.