VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.4TSi - HOW TO REMOVE IGNITION COILS THE CORRECT WAY T10530

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 8 ก.ย. 2024
  • #coil #coilremoval #bestway
    In this video we shall be removing the ignition coils, which are notorious for sticking and breaking, the correct way using the correct puller.
    #vagcoil #1.4tsi #t10530 #T10530
    We shall also be showing why correct fitment of the spark plugs is necessary.
    Please subscribe to my channel and hit the notification bell for updates.
    Facebook: / skodayoda
    If any of my videos has helped you out in any way, then please consider helping to support this channel to keep making and improving the content.
    CLICK HERE:
    www.paypal.me/...
    ~-~~-~~~-~~-~
    Please watch: "Ford Focus Mk4 - Malfunction Warnings & Can Bus Errors"
    • Ford Focus Mk4 - Malfu...
    ~-~~-~~~-~~-~

ความคิดเห็น • 45

• @TheMopar59
    @TheMopar59 5 ปีที่แล้ว +4

These coils are a real pain to remove, i didn't know they did a special tool :-0

• @sh-mufc
    @sh-mufc 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Brilliant video and east to follow steps. Going to tackle this myself and save myself a few quid.

• @fraysa
    @fraysa 3 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Great video. I'm not surprised at this point that the VW group has a special tool to remove these. Ordered one from Amazon.

• @GuyWhoWearsWatch
    @GuyWhoWearsWatch 3 ปีที่แล้ว +3

The connector to the coil was a pain to get oss, so I just left them inn. After taking out the screw, the whole assembly with the rubber and sparkplug came right out. Before I startet, I ran the motor to get it warm. I think that helped.

• @Ungracefulmovement
    @Ungracefulmovement 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thanks for this video. I ripped the top of the pack not using the tool but because of your ‘what not to do’ I new it was a possibility and that it could be rescued. 3/4 packs came off no problem. Golf tsi 2014

• @alexanderwooldridgesmith6629
    @alexanderwooldridgesmith6629 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Thank you for this info. I have never ever had an issue with Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, BMW, Opel, FIAT, Peugeot or Mercedes-Benz coil removal. So goodness knows why VAG had to make something that is such a pain to service?

• @parna121
    @parna121 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Nice video and great information. I've learned something new again.. need to find a good way of remembering this stuff.

• @ianroberts1997
    @ianroberts1997 5 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Nice job ! My Leon is due in for 40 k major service and despite £200+ cost I have noticed they still only inspect and decide if air filters ,plugs etc need changing ! I have checked air and pollen filters and very dirty so will be very disappointed if not all changed . Better off doing all yourself but still under warranty 🙄

• @melmossalvage8944
      @melmossalvage8944 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@ian ROBERTS did they change the air filter

• @Automotive_Solutions
    @Automotive_Solutions 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thanks for the heads up. Saves breaking something 👍

• @popollo22
    @popollo22 หลายเดือนก่อน

Even with the special tool, my 4th one is stuck good and proper

• @DylanRabier
    @DylanRabier 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Good info. Thanks for sharing! 👍

• @125sm3
    @125sm3 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thats a useful tool

• @nikkotsoi
    @nikkotsoi 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

so the spark plug must be aligned perfectly? If i do not have a torque wrench, is it impossible to precisely point the thread to the cylinder?thanks

• @johnf83
    @johnf83 5 ปีที่แล้ว +5

I work for Audi You can get that special tool off the Mac van think I paid £12 parts department wanted about £90 for genuine + you can do by just taking pipe off from air box no need to remove box or intake pipe coil will clear it there is enough space.

• @SYDiagnostics
      @SYDiagnostics  5 ปีที่แล้ว

I'm making a video though remember so being able to see what's going on is key. In the real world then yes you can get away with taking off less. This tool was bought from another source too. Using the original tool number makes for an easier search

• @melmossalvage8944

@john farnall how would you remove the rubber tube should it get stuck? Flat head screwdriver and long nose pliers at the same time?

• @johnf83
      @johnf83 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@melmossalvage8944 if the engine is hot before you try to remove them they usually come out Vw have a tpi regarding this but when stuck I usually use long nose plier don’t worry if damage the rubber boot as you can normally buy then separately

• @melmossalvage8944

@@johnf83 was going to plug an airline into the top of the tube if it breaks away from the top section to pop it loose

• @melmossalvage8944

@@johnf83 seen the tool, a Weltz for about £25. I'll phone the local Mac rep see if they have one

• @vdubs6068
    @vdubs6068 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Great vid Steve 👍

• @AbbottAutomotive
    @AbbottAutomotive 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Nice video mate, some great info in there too 👍

• @lucasimonebernardini6922
    @lucasimonebernardini6922 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thank you for great video.
    I don't understood well the tightening torque parameter: 22 Nw/Meter?

• @SYDiagnostics
      @SYDiagnostics  4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Newton Meter is a measurement scale. 22Nm is 16ft/lb

• @drivewasher
    @drivewasher 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

How is the special tool any different to pulling vertically up on the coil by hand? It's just the same isn't it?

• @SYDiagnostics
      @SYDiagnostics  5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

access is difficult by hand to get a uniform grip and pull. Fell free to continue your way.

• @drivewasher
      @drivewasher 5 ปีที่แล้ว

@@SYDiagnostics It's not a criticism, by the look of it was no different to hand pulling. coudn't work out why it works!

• @ianroberts1997
      @ianroberts1997 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Other videos show getting engine hot ensures rubber releases!

• @bennevis21
      @bennevis21 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I used cable tie around the coil pack and pulled up.

• @larsjonssonX07
    @larsjonssonX07 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Is this same step and torque 22Nm and 0.7mm on sparks for plugs for Golf MK7 TSI1.4 Rline?

• @newbeginnings8566
    @newbeginnings8566 5 ปีที่แล้ว

I bought a Skoda mechanics manual (PDF format) to do servicing on my girlfriend's Skoda Yeti 1.2 TSi. I saw this tool mentioned and it was great to see you using it. I've since checked and seen it for around £25 so it's simply worth getting as I have seen people who pull on them get their knuckles hurt, damage things and/or then they still left with having to get the rubber grommet out.
    Can you confirm what the spark plug wrench size should be - think it should be 16mm but you mention 10mm and that seems small?

• @SYDiagnostics
      @SYDiagnostics  5 ปีที่แล้ว

Yes it's the standard small socket. Thanks for watching

• @fastforwardmtb
    @fastforwardmtb 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Do you need to use any grease on the spark plugs when you replace them? If so what did you use? Thanks

• @drewski1441
      @drewski1441 4 ปีที่แล้ว

You can apply dielectric grease.

• @bertoberkhof6539
    @bertoberkhof6539 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

You blow with an airgun in to de rubber, it comes easy out !!!

• @MatglasMusic
    @MatglasMusic 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

How do you know when they are indexed right?

• @SYDiagnostics
      @SYDiagnostics  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Genuine plugs have precision cut threads so the electrode is perfectly positioned at the correct torque

• @kevinparr4823
    @kevinparr4823 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

The Germans certainly love their #special tools# 🙄🙄🤔

• @bodgitandleggitgarage
    @bodgitandleggitgarage 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

1st BOOM

• @billmalec
    @billmalec 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

why is it common to say 'mil' for millimeter nowadays. Mil really means thousands of an inch. I know it's being a bit picky and not 'cool', but...

• @SYDiagnostics

I'd have to watch the video again to know what you are relating to

• @billmalec
      @billmalec 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@SYDiagnostics "18 mil" socket or whatever size you were using.

• @SYDiagnostics

@@billmalec ahh right, abbreviation of millimeter rather than the imperial measurement

• @timbalchin9835
      @timbalchin9835 6 หลายเดือนก่อน

Think you mean "thou"

• @billmalec
      @billmalec 6 หลายเดือนก่อน

@@timbalchin9835 both mean the same.