What did it cost? Cheap RWD Beretta

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 15 ต.ค. 2024

ความคิดเห็น • 66

• @Cycles_makesdragonpuppets
    @Cycles_makesdragonpuppets 6 หลายเดือนก่อน +4

My friend and I were talking about our old high school cars, and a few of us had Barretta and always thought the proportions would make a good rear wheel drive vehicle… I go on TH-cam and find your build. Nice freaking job man. This is awesome.

• @GEARHEADdezign
      @GEARHEADdezign  6 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Thanks man. It's fun. My first car in high school was a white Beretta so I've got that nostalgia too

• @zx6r79
    @zx6r79 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +5

Awesome stuff. The z26 was my high-school car that I loved. Me and a friend used to go everywhere in that car and we're going to buy one and restore it. Thanks for sharing all this info!

• @GEARHEADdezign
      @GEARHEADdezign  9 หลายเดือนก่อน

It was a cool project. I could do another one a lot faster than the first one🤣

• @JusttheEdge
    @JusttheEdge 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +4

Had an 88gt that I took the 2.8 out of and replaced it with a newer 3.1. Also had a 95 z26 that I regrettably scrapped after the trans went out. Loved those cars.

• @GEARHEADdezign

I 3400 swapped my last two. Check out my 91 "SS" videos, that car was great

• @romper4444
      @romper4444 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Lol, I remember back in the day lots of guys swapped in a 3.1(cause that's all we could do in Canada)....and then they drove it and realized...dammit!! what a waste of time! Haha😂
      When the 3.4 and 3.8's came along that became worth it, a blown 3800 j- body was a lot of fun!

• @GEARHEADdezign
      @GEARHEADdezign  8 หลายเดือนก่อน

Ton of work for a 3800 but the 3400 almost falls in

• @NotAGarage
    @NotAGarage 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +4

Just saw this on Facebook. Incredible!!!

• @GEARHEADdezign
      @GEARHEADdezign  8 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Took two years instead of 6 months but it was worth it in the end

• @hayro1088
    @hayro1088 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

I love Berettas. Sick you made a rwd!!!!

• @GEARHEADdezign

This is #4 for me and my favorite one yet

• @snowblindburd
    @snowblindburd 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

Budget aside, I love that you got this thing put together and driving (even roadtripping it to events!). It was fun following the progress and looking forward to seeing more!

• @GEARHEADdezign
      @GEARHEADdezign  9 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

I'm glad it came together successfully. My first test drive has me wiped that it was too sketchy. But fixing the steering was key. It's a proper daily now

• @GEARHEADdezign

I talked to Kurt a little while ago and he didn't realize it was road legal/daily driver. But that was the plan all along

• @chuckdock4436
    @chuckdock4436 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

You are obviously very good at fab work. That was some extensive work! It would seem easier to start with a rear wheel drive truck or car though, no? Though if you love the Beretta then I get it. I did an ls swap to a c10. I did the same as you as far as using the odbx pro and pcmhammer/tunerpro etc to hack the pcm and tune. Gotta love that! My c10 was 6k, but the ls swap was cheap. I got a silverado for 700 bucks and used the motor/trans, pcm,dbw pedal and module setup. I re-used all I could and I mean all I could lol. From the sparkplugs to air filter, all the engine sensors that looked good, on and on. I just did a gasket refresh on the motor but never took the heads off or valve train. I added headers for clearance issues and made my own dual exhaust. Added in a trans mount to make the exhaust easier to do. Then gas tank/pump and lines. Under 2k in the full swap.
    Thing is awesome and runs like a new car.

• @GEARHEADdezign

Yeah fun doesn't have to be expensive! I wanted the challenge of a RWD conversion. Andy my first car in high school was a white Beretta.

• @sellickusa
    @sellickusa 7 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Awesome build

• @jesscneal
    @jesscneal 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Huge win Eric. Even out of pocket that's not a bad price for a one of a kind vehicle. I think I'll be into my Fairmont about $15k all said and done.

• @GEARHEADdezign

It's a lot better than the $30k in my Camaro that hasn't run in 12 years🤣

• @GEARHEADdezign

"perfect" is over rated😂

• @johnnyboydianno
    @johnnyboydianno 6 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Great build

• @johnbarker5009
    @johnbarker5009 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

This has been such a fun project. Love it.

• @GEARHEADdezign

It dragged a little on the middle but it's so much fun now that it's ripping

• @Jeezey
    @Jeezey 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

I did this with a ‘98 Beetle & a Ford 5.0, the problem I ran into with NYS is no OBDII connection for inspections. I abandoned the project 75% done and a couple years invested

• @GEARHEADdezign

Well, now you're good. I'm NY too and it the 25yr exemption. My 96 doesn't need to get hooked up any more.

• @Jeezey
      @Jeezey 9 หลายเดือนก่อน

I remember reading that back then, but at the time it was just in the way. I’ve since moved onto another project that I’m knee deep in. haha

• @DavidSmith-ff7ce
    @DavidSmith-ff7ce 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

I can’t wait til you’ll be able to do some work to my Gtz beretta for me one day

• @chrishotrod6603
    @chrishotrod6603 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Awesome job 👏 👍. That something I thought about doin for long time

• @NewEdgeDesigns
    @NewEdgeDesigns 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

How does it handle turns, bumps, hard launches etc?? And who paid $12k for a Baretta?? Was that a GTU or Z26 with SS stickers on it??

• @GEARHEADdezign

I've got over 3000 miles on it now. Handles straight and tight, rides comfortable, and the adjustable shocks are to fix the wheel hop I get when dumping the clutch on slicks and get better 60's. No wheel hop on street tires doing burnouts

• @GEARHEADdezign

The last Beretta"SS" I built was a GT that was totally redone from the ground up. Z body kit, 3400 swap, built 5spd with LSD. It was a beast. I have videos on that car too

• @JermaineWilburn-w7x
      @JermaineWilburn-w7x 7 หลายเดือนก่อน

Wut fuck does it matter,he didn't pay,,,2,000,000😮😊

• @Redrider2k2
    @Redrider2k2 8 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Very nice..
    Also, I just want to live somewhere that a Beretta can still be found in a junkyard

• @GEARHEADdezign

Haha, right? This one was 5hrs away. A girl at a car show offered it for sale when I wrecked my last Beretta. She was saving it in her grandfather's junkyard for a 3800 project that never happened.

• @romper4444
      @romper4444 8 หลายเดือนก่อน

In canada you can't even find one for sale PERIOD..... nevermind a bloody junkyard. Breaks my heart

• @LynnTwinCustoms513
    @LynnTwinCustoms513 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

I really like it as well so I’m glad you did the swap hahaha

• @GEARHEADdezign

I'll like it a lot better if I can squeak 12.99 and 30mpg out of this 4.8 before I swap it🤣

• @LynnTwinCustoms513
      @LynnTwinCustoms513 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

@@GEARHEADdezign I just picked up a 4.8 out of a 2010 Silverado. Need to figure out what I’m gonna do with it. Was trying to find a 4.3 5 speed s10 or something along those lines to do a little peppy gas saver truck. If you get 30mpg let me know hahaha

• @GEARHEADdezign

@@LynnTwinCustoms513 sweet. That gen 4 will have a little more power and an s10 should be about the same as Beretta weight. With 3.42 gears and a 29" tire like my blazer you might be able to squeak 30

• @k.c.williams3385
    @k.c.williams3385 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

That's cool. 👍

• @das11270110
    @das11270110 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Why the explorer rear end, width? Also couldn't really tell what did you do about front subframe? Was it custom or something modified?. One of the baddest builds on TH-cam in my opinion. So many 90s 2000s gm car would be so cool rwd.

• @GEARHEADdezign

Those 8.8s are strong and cheap with a good LSD. And explorer is narrow enough there was room for wheel adapters

• @GEARHEADdezign

Front subframe is factory, cut up and modified. I have info in one of my earlier videos

• @das11270110
      @das11270110 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Cool, thanks for the info

• @nathanielgray4235
    @nathanielgray4235 7 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Bad ass I'm planning to do this to a Mazda 6 or a camery

• @GEARHEADdezign
      @GEARHEADdezign  7 หลายเดือนก่อน

Lot of work, but you end up with something unique

• @RedEyedPatriot
    @RedEyedPatriot 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Wanna sell that nv3500 5speed. My 82 c10 Squarebody was 355sbc and nv3500 before the LS swap. My trucks already set up for it. Like to go back to 5speed.

• @GEARHEADdezign

It's already gone. But your sbc 5spd will work with the LS. I have a video that shows how

• @RedEyedPatriot
      @RedEyedPatriot 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

@@GEARHEADdezign yeah I know how was just wondering if you still had it. Build came out nice Man. Enjoy 😎

• @JermaineWilburn-w7x
    @JermaineWilburn-w7x 7 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Hell yeah❤,a igot a ford,probe with the5.4,i did pretty good,not dun ,

• @GEARHEADdezign

That's gotta be a ton of work too

• @nickle549
    @nickle549 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Did the stock gauges all work?

• @GEARHEADdezign
      @GEARHEADdezign  3 หลายเดือนก่อน

@@nickle549 yup, I got every single one working. The low oil light is backwards right now so I've gotta wire in a relay to reverse the function, but it all works nice

• @firstnamelastname9188
    @firstnamelastname9188 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

👏🏾👏🏾💪🏾💪🏾💯💯💯

• @jimmycline4778
    @jimmycline4778 8 หลายเดือนก่อน

Is this a Chevy truck motor or a real LS from a Vette, GTO or Camaro

• @GEARHEADdezign

Oh you're one of those? 🤣 It's an LS family engine. LR4 from a Silverado. With ls1 oil pan and water pump from Camaro and ls2 intake from Corvette

• @romper4444
      @romper4444 8 หลายเดือนก่อน

Oh stop, they're all LS motors.

• @JermaineWilburn-w7x
    @JermaineWilburn-w7x 7 หลายเดือนก่อน

Because,its a,,,z27

• @Coronet_shop
    @Coronet_shop 7 หลายเดือนก่อน

I should of gave you my 94 Sunbird 🥲

• @GEARHEADdezign
      @GEARHEADdezign  7 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

I could do a second one a lot faster than the first🤣

• @Coronet_shop
      @Coronet_shop 7 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

@@GEARHEADdezign I agree especially an carb setup less work and more “hopefully” 😂

• @GEARHEADdezign

@@Coronet_shop no way. Carb would be more money, more work, and less power and hood clearance...

• @fartking8124
    @fartking8124 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Nice, your skill at fab work isn't included but hey that's just how it goes.

• @GEARHEADdezign

Fart king🤣 Yeah I didn't count labor and there's a lot of hours. But fab work is fun. Some of it got old and tiring, but you gotta push though to enjoy the success later