My Street Photography Philosophy (in Rome with the Fujifilm X-T20)

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 18 พ.ย. 2017
    Instagram: / seantuck
    Purchase book or prints: www.seantucker.photography/store/
    Squarespace link for 10% off: www.squarespace.com/seantucker
    All music is sourced from Epidemic Sound. Check out their plans specifically for TH-camrs: share.epidemicsound.com/lRQ29
    I was always nervous about street photography because I had this idea that true street photography was shooting people up close, and it would inevitably lead you to get yourself into conflict situations. However, I think over the past couple of years I've found a style of street photography which suits my personality better. On this recent trip to Rome I took the time to make this video sharing my philosophy when shooting on the street, in the hope that it helps you to broaden your own definition, and give you the courage to head out and shoot your take on the streets where you live.
    #streetphotography #photography #rome

ความคิดเห็น • 924

• @jasonzheng9923
    @jasonzheng9923 5 ปีที่แล้ว +397

A real photographer in TH-cam. Not about gear, but reallly focus on how to take good images. My favourite channel so far!

• @tomallen6073
      @tomallen6073 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Zheng Jason Have to agree you. Good stuff.

• @frankwu1713
      @frankwu1713 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Then you should probably check out Jamie Windsor, he is like that too, but more upfront

• @wellmaccdy
      @wellmaccdy 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Totally agree with you

• @TEAKUKAMBASSADOR
      @TEAKUKAMBASSADOR 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@frankwu1713 Yeah, Jamie is great too. All these guys have different personalities and approaches and we can learn from all of them, and each other.

• @nonope4319
      @nonope4319 4 ปีที่แล้ว

omg this poor man has been searching for a 'real' photographer all this time. Pity this man

• @myoung48281
    @myoung48281 6 ปีที่แล้ว +310

Street photography, you don't ask permission unless you want to do street portraiture, which is something different from street photography. Street photography is people in a context, not just people close up, it's a relationship between elements in the scene.

• @terryjp3050
      @terryjp3050 5 ปีที่แล้ว +21

there is no definition, just your own

• @MrPhotographerDude
      @MrPhotographerDude 5 ปีที่แล้ว +6

@@terryjp3050 There's a definition for every other type of photography, why not this? I agree with him. It's not that there isn't a definition for street photography, because there is the traditional definition which is based in photojournalism and documentary photography.

• @robertbutts9835
      @robertbutts9835 4 ปีที่แล้ว

I asked a person he didn't answer so I thought it was ok ? He later reported me to the Dominican Republic national police in Santiago .They asked me for id for what I was doing I showed my passport . The quickly looked through it then handed me back my passport and left

• @myoung48281
      @myoung48281 4 ปีที่แล้ว

@@robertbutts9835 I've had worse

• @TerenceKearns
    @TerenceKearns 6 ปีที่แล้ว +324

Sean Tucker, I don't believe in heros, but if I had to have a photographer hero, it would be you. Not only because of the photography you produce, but because of the literal conversation that you have amassed here on social media (youtube specifically). It matters. Your videos matter. Sharing your thoughts matters. You carry yourself with a great deal of integrity and conviction, you inspire me to realise that this thing that we do revolving around capturing and creating imagery, is a truly worthwhile expendature of the finite amount of hours that we have in this arc of life between birth and death because photography matters. You have a heroic body of work in lifting that up.

• @seantuck
      @seantuck  6 ปีที่แล้ว +15

Thanks Terence that’s very kind

• @toomworld
      @toomworld 5 ปีที่แล้ว +13

It’s so good to hear a person speaking with heart here.

• @michaels8597
      @michaels8597 5 ปีที่แล้ว +6

accurate and true about what shooting REALLY is

• @Siftedheart
      @Siftedheart 5 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Well said Terance, what a blessing you are 🙌🏽

• @aliindrawan
      @aliindrawan 5 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Agree with you. Sean Tucker is my new hero in the subject of photography.

• @OldCameras
    @OldCameras 6 ปีที่แล้ว +90

I don't know how you've made one of the busiest cities in the world seem so tranquil. You're some kind of genius at this man. Much respect.

• @tutubeas10
      @tutubeas10 5 ปีที่แล้ว +3

He's just an early bird that catches the worms.

• @TXLorenzo
      @TXLorenzo 5 ปีที่แล้ว +5

Get up at the crack of dawn on Sunday in Italy and I guarantee it will be tranquil.

• @mwu365
      @mwu365 5 ปีที่แล้ว

terry breedlove ?

• @terrywbreedlove
      @terrywbreedlove 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Matthew Wu Answering the OP asking about making the scenes so tranquil. In the video he talks about how he achieves the effect he likes. Exposing for the brighter areas and letting the blacks go under a bit.

• @INSTAFLIXMEDIA
    @INSTAFLIXMEDIA 5 ปีที่แล้ว +9

Not just Fan Ho, there are hundreds of photographers who has mastered the art of silhouette and shadow. I would certainly called them the masters of street photography without any doubt.

• @bethpollock1350
    @bethpollock1350 6 ปีที่แล้ว +29

You are putting the light back into my photography. I have been on hiatus for far too long, thanks for helping me find my way back... Don't stop what you are doing!

• @vial35
    @vial35 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

i love how i can jump into your old videos and always pick up on something i missed the first time around. thank you for doing what you do on youtube and your perspective on photography.

• @miriamolmo4261
    @miriamolmo4261 5 ปีที่แล้ว +6

Thank you Mr Tucker for being so honest, humble, and open with all of us. You're a great guy and a great photographer!

• @IanBarnard
    @IanBarnard 6 ปีที่แล้ว +17

Really enjoy your honesty about your photography. So refreshing to hear.

• @scotty4418
    @scotty4418 6 ปีที่แล้ว +11

Couldnt agree more with Thomas Heaton's comments tonight on his channel when he mentioned your channel. Love the images and philosophy that goes into your production

• @plasmadlite8661
    @plasmadlite8661 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I was so waiting for this video... and the wait was worth it! Insightful and full of substance as always.

• @fireguyfrank58
    @fireguyfrank58 4 ปีที่แล้ว +4

You know Sean. I’ve watched tons of your videos. And even this one a year later inspires me to keep trying. To keep on the journey. And your photos give me the target to shoot for. As always, thank you 💯

• @anandaswardana3898
    @anandaswardana3898 6 ปีที่แล้ว +5

"... and take that journey one click at the time" loved it..

• @JoshSummerhays
    @JoshSummerhays 5 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Sean, I just recently discovered your channel and have been soaking it all in. I want to thank you for all of the work that you've put in to your craft and for how generously you share your knowledge and perspective. You've given the community a unique and wonderful gift. Keep up the great work.

• @LijuKA
    @LijuKA 6 ปีที่แล้ว +14

As always, was eagerly waiting for your video.. huge respect and love.. for being a wonderful person.. for your humbleness and thoughts.. really appreciate the different subjects you address every time and the way you make it real..

• @joeallam
    @joeallam 6 ปีที่แล้ว +313

Really enjoyed your thoughts on this, Sean! Also, those photos from Fan Ho were SO good!

• @cavethief6761
    @cavethief6761 6 ปีที่แล้ว +53

Being an introvert with social anxiety, my street work is still centered around people. Never would I ever approach them and as to take a picture, so I don't take 'street portraits'. It's always about the relationship between the people, the environment, and the situation - that's the purpose of my street photography. This can take many forms - sometimes it's an architecture scene with someone walking through and just making up a tiny portion of the image, sometimes they fill half the frame. Out of the necessity to stay unnoticed, most of my shots are taken from behind or from quite far away. Both variants, in a way, get rid of the individual person and just paint a character. I like to see that as a way to portray the partial anonymity of the big city. It's not THIS person standing at the corner smoking, it's A person. Their whole character is made up of clothing, items, and behavior. Therefore, these three aspects have to be special, because I don't want people without any character.
    Honestly, I have never had anyone come up to me and ask me to delete a picture because I definitely have my methods of blending in with the crowd or pretending to photograph something else, even though I'm using a terribly inconspicuous full frame DSLR. That kind of behavior also has a different motivation - I live in Germany, and we have some of the most strict laws concerning pictures of strangers. Even just pressing the shutter of my camera is a violation of personal rights when the person is (one of the) main subject(s) of the image. Since for me, staged isn't street anymore, my photos will be illegal as soon as there's any way of identifying the person. I guess everyone can decide for themselves of that will hold them back.

• @marcocastellano2851
    @marcocastellano2851 5 ปีที่แล้ว +5

One of my favorite things about Sean is his ability to tell a story. Another is not only his willingness to break a "rule", but to flaunt his breaking it. :)

• @texasyoutuber217
    @texasyoutuber217 6 ปีที่แล้ว +11

I love your heart and vulnerability as a photographer. Keep being you ❤️

• @NighthawkX02
    @NighthawkX02 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

This guy is the best photography teacher.
    I've always been into photography just for the sake of aesthetics, but Tucker gives it a whole new meaning. He makes me think of what reason do I have to take photos, what do I want to capture, what stories I want to tell, and what emotions I want to share with the world?. He really makes me wonder how can I get something more meaningful out of those shots I'm taking with my phone and my camera.
    Thank you :)

• @mv33f19
    @mv33f19 5 ปีที่แล้ว +8

I appreciate you leaving the older posts on instagram that you're not particularly proud of. It's great to see the journey of a photographer. Thanks for all you do. Keep shooting.

• @daniels1924
    @daniels1924 6 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Thank you soooo much for your videos! You influented me so much with your philosophy and ideas. Now I love to street shot and even publish them sometimes. Walking around, finding cool places and cool lighting is so calming and fun. I cannot thank you enough.

• @dinnae
    @dinnae 6 ปีที่แล้ว +3

I enjoy how, when you discuss a topic, I never feel like I leave empty handed.

• @Anfni
    @Anfni 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Visuals.Message.Inspiration - Every time I watch one of your videos

• @LP_789
    @LP_789 5 ปีที่แล้ว +4

I just watched this video again, and remembered that it encouraged me to get my streetphotography better (witch i mostly do with my phone jaja), so the only thing that i want to say is thank you Sean, you've become one of my heroes in this art.

• @bigcee6114
    @bigcee6114 5 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Mr. Tucker, the photographer with a soul!!! Besides learning so much about the craft, your videos are like food for the mind and heart. Sometime i just like listening to your philosophy on life. Thank you for sharing!

• @willdolive
    @willdolive 4 ปีที่แล้ว

I could listen to you for hours, really impressed by how natural you are and talk

• @czeppini
    @czeppini 6 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I have been watching a lot of photography videos, about gear, about philosophy of it, styles and so. I have been learning a lot, but every time I watch one of your videos, I feel ENLIGHTENED :D It's like you are not distributing knowledge only, but a FEELING, a honest burst of experience that is so easy and enjoyable to absorb. Thank you, mate. It's really inspiring.

• @andybob09
    @andybob09 5 ปีที่แล้ว +3

The B roll here is utterly amazing. Thank you so much for this video. It's a beautiful video with a nice feel.

• @thecharleswong_
    @thecharleswong_ 5 ปีที่แล้ว +3

As a Hongkonger, the part on Fan Ho makes me feel right at home. His style really influences many of us who love taking photos on the street. Your work have really helped me to think about photography from a different perspective. Thanks!

• @danmurrell2580
    @danmurrell2580 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

You talk in this video about identifying a “hero” to help inspire you. You are quickly becoming my “hero”. Practical advice which blends well with my style. Thank you.

• @aaronkim9575
    @aaronkim9575 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Thank you for sharing Sean. I always feel added inspiration after watching your videos. I appreciate what you’re doing. Always looking forward to your next one!

• @billythom1
    @billythom1 6 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Sean I really like your take on privacy and respect, a two edged sword that does not need to hurt anyone! Thanks man

• @poojavarshney8201
    @poojavarshney8201 5 ปีที่แล้ว +8

I usually dont comment on youtube videos as I watch n numbers of them daily cause I want to get better at my photography. But this video is what I needed the most. As being on street I just CANT aim at people, want to stay away from conflict and then still want to do street photography. And everyone else I talked to as how to improve response is always "just ask them". Its better said than done. But first time someone said "its ok to not to go upto people as there are tons of other things out there to be clicked".
    Second... one statement by Sean "street photography for me is to capture the feel of being present at that place" thats exactly what I want to click but people around me always underestimate this ideology.
    Thank you so so so much Sean for this video and finally I found the hero I can look upto in order to learn the craft I love.

• @MrPhotographerDude
      @MrPhotographerDude 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

In order to take candid photographs of strangers on the street, you have to be confident and somewhat fearless. This kind of street photography is not for the timid. Being timid means you're limited to the types of street photography that don't make you feel uncomfortable and that's fine if that's what you really want to photograph. If deep down you resent the fact that you're not getting the pictures you really want, because you're timid than keep doing it until you become more confident.

• @tradesmenleathercompany9178
    @tradesmenleathercompany9178 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I appreciate your willingness to be vulnerable about your craft. It's quite refreshing.

• @DailyStreetPhotography
    @DailyStreetPhotography 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Sean, thanks for all your valuable content. We really appreciate what you do and you inspire us all to create more amazing street photography ourselves.

• @robspedding9520
    @robspedding9520 6 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Brilliant as always. Glad I’m not the only one who’s taking/ taken a long time to find their style!

• @alexfrederickson1540
    @alexfrederickson1540 6 ปีที่แล้ว +5

I love shooting street and I love people right in there but here in Austria it’s forbidden to shoot recognizable people without their permission so I’ve really been struggling with alternatives. You’ve just provided me with the answer, again. Seriously, your advice on just about every issue I’ve tussled with has been spot on. This is my ‚winter‘ but thanks to you I have the feeling ‚spring‘ will come around a whole lot sooner than if I had gone it alone. You have my heartfelt thanks 🙏🏼

• @DeerajNagothu
    @DeerajNagothu 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I have watched many videos on YT. But I feel like your channel is very unique. Every video I watch makes me feel like I am watching something new, learning something new. Thank you very much for your excellent work and time.

• @dennismcruz
    @dennismcruz 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Man, I love all your videos. Thanks for making them!

• @SebastianoChiari
    @SebastianoChiari 6 ปีที่แล้ว +5

Brilliant video Sean, great content, great advice, full of knowledge, experience and passion and love for what you are doing
    Thanks man, for sharing this with us

• @FaceFabLLC
    @FaceFabLLC 5 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Thank You for being so generous with your vulnerability-FANTASTIC & encouraging video...

• @ogonzilla
    @ogonzilla 6 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Every time I need a little inspiration and push to get out there and out from behind my desk....there's Sean. Thanks brother.

• @jaymathews356
    @jaymathews356 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

The natural light in the intro of this video is simply beautiful!

• @lfmoliveira1
    @lfmoliveira1 6 ปีที่แล้ว +8

Your videos are very unique, really stand out. Thanks, Sean.

• @Rocstoneau
    @Rocstoneau 6 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Eloquently explained, some people gabble on too much waving their hands about etc... but you were a pleasure to watch and listen to.

• @jonathancampbell5382
    @jonathancampbell5382 6 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Absolutely fantastic. Love hearing you speak about this, so well put and very inspiring. Thank you for your simple but profound guidance!

• @nchakravarthy1
    @nchakravarthy1 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Sean, I love your honesty your videos have helped me a lot. Truly enjoy them. Thanks.

• @hi-ho7636
    @hi-ho7636 6 ปีที่แล้ว +12

I really love those in between scenery film of Rome. It makes me go 'wow' all the time. I haven't got the opportunity to go out of my country or like just to ride in a airplane so seeing video of the street of another country other than my country makes me go wow.
    Especially your cinematography is really superb. The content really really good

• @TEAKUKAMBASSADOR
    @TEAKUKAMBASSADOR 4 ปีที่แล้ว +7

Sean, thank you for making this video. So reassuring and inspiring. Your content on TH-cam is vastly superior to most, due to your unwavering honesty and integrity, and intelligent and clear approach to many aspects of photography that people often grapple with. I intend to thoroughly explore your channel here and I follow your Instagram too. So much to learn, so much to do. You're a guide and a treasure. Please don't stop, ever! All the best from an ambitious, struggling, learning photographer in London.

• @seantuck
      @seantuck  4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Thanks, that’s very kind.

• @mattnow13
    @mattnow13 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

These kinds of videos are what I love about TH-cam - and this is a particularly good one.

• @jamessenade3181
    @jamessenade3181 2 ปีที่แล้ว

I needed a video like this one to enlighten the real purpose of doing photography in the streets, 4 years ago and still so relevant ... thx so much

• @TheChicUniq
    @TheChicUniq 4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Loving the headphone hack! For a shy and introverted photographer, it's just perfect!!! BRILLIANT

• @hammychannel9306
    @hammychannel9306 6 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Sean love this vid bringing people back to basics where others are too technical. Out with my X100 this week n loving it

• @marisha_ti_krreizzi
    @marisha_ti_krreizzi 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Thank you so much for your professionalism and attitude, Sean! Those two motivate me so much and they become an inspiration for me to get out and start building my own world of photography around what I see every day. Simply thank you for doing what you do and being who you are.

• @shaunharrison4457
    @shaunharrison4457 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

You are such a breath of fresh air Sean. There's no ego and bullshit with your attitude and personality. In the past when i first started to do street photography i hated it. I struggled to find meaning as to why i was shooting random people. Only lately after seeing your Instagram account that chasing the light is a purpose and the people are secondary to the composition. I now enjoy street shooting alot more and love capturing the light. Cool video as always

• @rolandbrooks467
    @rolandbrooks467 3 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Absolutely brilliant,,, For someone who has been interested in doing more 'street' photography, this vid has told / shown me so much,, a HUGE thank you Sean,,

• @stevebennettphotography
    @stevebennettphotography 6 ปีที่แล้ว +6

love your images but also very much appreciate the honesty in your video work 👍

• @hugobertiepickles3372
    @hugobertiepickles3372 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Omg! So much to take in. Sean you are a STAR!!! Had to rewatch this, as other, episodes trice to make sure I didn’t miss a word/visual. You are seriously talented & to say the least, inspirational. Big heartfelt thank you on so many levels.

• @STENCHOVDETH
    @STENCHOVDETH 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thanks Sean. I always enjoy your advice and uploads.

• @Divineshot
    @Divineshot 6 ปีที่แล้ว +60

Awesome advice as always Man!
    Also, very crisp video footage 😍
    And lovely images.

• @kalludaket
    @kalludaket 5 ปีที่แล้ว +6

Every video you upload it literally feels like a movie.

• @JashanDeepsingh3
    @JashanDeepsingh3 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I knew about your channel for awhile and I am happy(and enjoying) your content as its focusing on the craft of photography.

• @minhqdao
    @minhqdao 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

really love the way you are sharing your thoughts

• @crislombao
    @crislombao 6 ปีที่แล้ว +3

The first quote in your video, from Elliot Erwitt, is impacting and true. And not only for photography, but for life. Your videos are excellent. Your messages and advices great. Thank you.

• @tobysolesbury3405
    @tobysolesbury3405 6 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Great video I think your attitude towards street photography is spot on. Your images are exactly what I like to see in street photography I like the open minded aspect of street photography it's what makes it so interesting.

• @asdsadsadsadasdads
    @asdsadsadsadasdads 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I am 200% sure that you are by far my favourite content producer on TH-cam. Please keep up the great work! and thank you!

• @gerardalain4259
    @gerardalain4259 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Fan Ho was definitely something else when talking about photography. His corpus of work is so amazing !

• @neilninonavarra1235
    @neilninonavarra1235 6 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Really nice video Sean! Beautiful shots of Rome

• @loretagema9085
    @loretagema9085 6 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Thank you very much for the very insightful ethics of the street photography! Very helpful. Ant the colours of the vlog itself are beautiful, as usual :)

• @pavankaul
    @pavankaul 6 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Hey Sean, i LOVE your videos with the philosophical slant (so important to everything we do in life), the wonderful quotes & useful, practical knowledge about this wonderful craft & Art! Thank you!!

• @josephvalentinephoto
    @josephvalentinephoto 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Some of the best advice I've heard on including people in your street photography. Bravo, Sean!

• @biggerthanthesound
    @biggerthanthesound 6 ปีที่แล้ว +5

Great video Sean. Really nice to get this kind of insight into someones thinking and experience.

• @Ardjekwartje
    @Ardjekwartje 6 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Great video again, Sean. With wonderful images at the end.

• @jamesjohnston6765
    @jamesjohnston6765 6 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Brilliant work as always Sean. Love the balance between insight and imagery. I always get a great take away from each video.

• @dresban3660
    @dresban3660 6 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Sean, one of the most thoughtful, insightful people on TH-cam.

• @MiguelACoronaDM
    @MiguelACoronaDM 6 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Fabulous thoughts Sean. Enjoyed your perspectives on street photography. I own a few film rangefinder cameras that I use for my street photography. Patience is indeed a virtue when it comes to capturing the right image. Thank you for sharing.

• @alaincazavant4022
    @alaincazavant4022 5 ปีที่แล้ว +5

From Montréal, Canada. Thank you Sean, this video allowed me to target my photography style. As an urban civil engineer, i like to visit urban cities and to take pictures of urban spaces, and architectural buildings in the public spaces. I was used to avoid having peoples in my frames. I am not comfortable to take street portraits, and do not like this type of photography at all. In my work days, i like to take pictures and incorporate peoples to demonstrate the use of the public spaces (Functionality wise). Your style is guiding me toward "street photography for urban spaces using light contrast and peoples", in a more artistic and human way. Keep posting vidéo with such clear explanations.

• @fiaa.6539
    @fiaa.6539 6 ปีที่แล้ว +2

ARGH THE TONESS, I WANT TO CRY IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL

• @davemarshall
    @davemarshall 6 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Sean, I've watched quite a few TH-cam channel's about photography and I have to say, your's is most defiantly one of the best ......excellent work.

• @arneshsengupta4636
    @arneshsengupta4636 6 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Love the background music, the visuals, the oratory, the advice. Everything is pretty A. You're gonna blow up if you keep working on your channel :)

• @mistercardenas
    @mistercardenas 5 ปีที่แล้ว +30

Sean Tucker: Be kind, be grateful when taking a street portrait.
    Bruce Gilden: What?

• @TEAKUKAMBASSADOR
      @TEAKUKAMBASSADOR 4 ปีที่แล้ว

IMHO, where H stands for humble (!), Mr Gilden was one of life's absolutely bonkers lovable loons, but I would never employ his tactics of...well....'photo- mugging' would be my term for it! A camera rudely thrust in your face and a flash hideously discharged in your eyes, taking no account of either your rights or your feelings. People are going through terrible things silently, every day, and I feel 'photo-mugging' is beyond insensitive. But then, it was NYC and quite some time ago. Definitely NOT a 21st century tactic, at least in London!

• @patriciosoler3861
    @patriciosoler3861 ปีที่แล้ว

Really excellent video, Tucker. Thank you for being so honest and forthcoming about the nature of your craft.

• @jobophoto
    @jobophoto 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Considered and insightful as always. Then quietly finish with some beautiful stills. Perfect.

• @NigelDanson
    @NigelDanson 6 ปีที่แล้ว +15

Stunning work Sean - loved the videography. Keep them coming

• @mhlihel
    @mhlihel 4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Hi Sean, i was lucky to find your channel to get to know you from your conversations. I'm very excited by the way your talking and trying to convey the Idea of making photographs. I'll be very happy if i can meet you one day in London.
    Looking forward to hear and see more from you. cheer from Germany

• @ezagog1971
    @ezagog1971 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

One of the best videos about photography I´ve ever seen. Great job Sean, keep it going.

• @toenee65
    @toenee65 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Watched a lot of stuff on photography on TH-cam but your angle on it all is realistic, relevant and above all inspirational!!

• @youngliu2120
    @youngliu2120 5 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Some words,I feel silent and beautiful in this video,thank you

• @shekharsonthalia6104
    @shekharsonthalia6104 6 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Whenever I watch your video I always learn something , be it related to photography or how good a person you are ...
    And your photos on Instagram are my true inspiration , to make me get up and start clicking photos even with my phone camera cause as you have always said that having the best gear doesn’t make someone a good photographer .
    Will look forward to meeting you on one of yours photo meet in future ,if possible .
    Thank you.

• @seantuck
      @seantuck  6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

+Shekhar Sonthalia thanks mate:)

• @rhetts9138
    @rhetts9138 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Love your videos, you're so chill

• @nitrowad
    @nitrowad 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Inspiring as always Sean. Please keep uploading these types of vids.

• @marc6652
    @marc6652 6 ปีที่แล้ว +3

I appreciate your reflexion upon the necessity to have a mentor. That's a interesting point of view.
    Maybe one in each area you enjoy to photography though...
    Thank's for sharing so sincerely.

• @ahmedtohamy8789
    @ahmedtohamy8789 6 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Hi sean, i really love the way you talk about different photography topics. I understand that the gear is not as important as the person behind it. I have made billboard shots with my 18 pixel canon 600D and nobody believes that my work comes out from this 2010 model :) . I started not to complain about grains and noise coz by time i learnt to play around with the bad quality images in post. Actually sometimes the noise gives a very nice vintage / analogue / grunge effect. And i have been chosen by a gallery to sell my prints there. I believe that doing great work with a very low budget gear makes you a beast behind the high-end ones and you need to understand the gear you hold in your hand very well before thinking about the next upgrade. Again i love your talks about the concept coz millions of videos being posted everyday about technical stuff i got bored of.
    Thank you and sorry for my bad english :D

• @ShinDongJi
    @ShinDongJi 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I recently started doing my street photography (as well as an Instagram) and you have been a big inspiration. I was deeply humbled and at the same time inspired by your work as I scroll down image per image on your Instagram. While I primarily do portraits (In which I still suck at even doing it for quite a while now), street photography is where I found my peace of mind and gives me the freedom to voice out myself in the form of images. Thank you as always, for being that spark that drives me and the rest of the world to strive to be a better photographer. All the best to you and your career good Sir.

• @KentuckyMan30
    @KentuckyMan30 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Any video from you is always a treat. You deserve every subscriber you have plus so many more!

• @lifetimesofamultiplemediam1003
    @lifetimesofamultiplemediam1003 6 ปีที่แล้ว +3

I really like this; finding ones fingerprint in street photography… It's a hard road to travel, and a rough rough way to go… [Jimmy Cliff]

• @northernbloke
    @northernbloke 6 ปีที่แล้ว +51

Wow the Fan Ho shots were incredible

• @seantuck
      @seantuck  6 ปีที่แล้ว +5

+MR / NSS his work is amazing.

• @terrywbreedlove
      @terrywbreedlove 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I have a Fan Ho book Amazing work.

• @obroadieswimmer
    @obroadieswimmer 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I love your style Sean. Great content and even better delivery.

• @AngelSanchezelqueretrata
    @AngelSanchezelqueretrata 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thanks for your honesty, mate