Saving The Engine On The Ruined VW T4?

แชร์
ฝัง

ความคิดเห็น • 65

• @audreyatherton3373
    @audreyatherton3373 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +29

Glad to hear that I'm not the only senior citizen (lady) enjoying the Car Chronicles.

• @divaden47
      @divaden47 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +8

Me too! Haven't got a clue half the time what Phil is talking about, but still enjoyable!!

• @janescott4574
      @janescott4574 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

@@divaden47join the club!!!

• @SylviaSchenkelsvan57
      @SylviaSchenkelsvan57 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Yes, love this!

• @deniseroe5891
      @deniseroe5891 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Me three, I used to love tinker with cars. I still do with my son’s help to work on my truck and tomorrow it is the Jeep getting worked on.

• @janeblandford852
    @janeblandford852 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +31

Yea Phil!! I am a senior grandmother and am really enjoying this channel....I really enjoy the challenges of getting these cars going. When I was a young girl I took car mechanics and would have loved to have restored cars....but it never came to pass. It's fun to now live through you Phil.....thank you!!

• @deniseroe5891
      @deniseroe5891 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

I love working on cars. Used to be my daddy’s helper, now it’s my son helping me work on my truck. Tomorrow it’s the Jeep getting some work done: new radiator, breaks and plugs and coils. I am 63 and newly widowed.

• @wandacasper5612
    @wandacasper5612 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +16

I'm thankful for people like u that can keep cars, ECT. Going. Great job

• @valeriemcclain9001
    @valeriemcclain9001 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +21

Watching you work on cars gives me a greater appreciation when I turn the key, the engine starts!😂

• @brucewatt1032
    @brucewatt1032 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +12

I can’t believe you actually managed to get the end of that sheared bolt out - brilliant!

• @sandrabutcher1961
    @sandrabutcher1961 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +13

Thank goodness you got the piece out quite easily

• @paulsackett3613
    @paulsackett3613 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +8

Great job getting out the sheared bolt. You have skill.
    Removing snapped bolts is the most infuriatiing job.

• @Ashton60578
    @Ashton60578 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +12

Way to go Phil. Glad you got the bolt out and can now move forward.

• @lisac1110
    @lisac1110 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +5

I swear car repair was not my interrest lol but you got me hooked lol 😊❤😊❤

• @Robin-xr2tz
    @Robin-xr2tz 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

Don’t know how you keep from cursing. Hubby can’t work on a car without four letter words. Phil you are amazing

• @deniseroe5891
    @deniseroe5891 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

I am another senior (63) nana who loves to work on cars. Glad it came out relatively easy. I think we have two sets of easy-outs. Started helping my daddy and now my son helps me. My late husband hated to work on cars and I have little hands for tight areas.

• @jameskyle380
    @jameskyle380 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +4

I'm so glad the bolt came out easily. Hope it's a case of new belt, tensioner, align pulleys and pump and all is good.

• @cecoya
    @cecoya 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

Glad that the engine isn't seized for one thing. I know the timing can be a bummer but a lot cheaper than replacing the entire engine though. You have a great day.

• @lhmcd5538
    @lhmcd5538 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +4

That was a bit of magic you did Phil. I’m very impressed. I learn something every time I watch you. Thank you. May you please take care and stay safe. Louisa. 👏👏👏❤️❤️❤️🤩🤩🤩

• @florences3963
    @florences3963 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +10

Absolutely brilliant mechanic patience and good thinking skills👍

• @catsmith7234
    @catsmith7234 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

Bravo, love the Easy Out Tool, everytime it does the job one is thankful.

• @mavep2855
    @mavep2855 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

Amazed at how you were able to remove that screw Phil! 🙏❤️

• @ravenwytch6615
    @ravenwytch6615 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +6

Told ya easy outs was the way to go!
    Grats on getting it out.

• @irenemierzwa3790
    @irenemierzwa3790 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +4

Your God given creativity panned out. Good man! I am so impressed. Good job!!

• @juliemix3373
    @juliemix3373 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

Phil, congratulations on getting the bolt removed.
    Cheers

• @sniderspider7034
    @sniderspider7034 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

thanks for educating me on timing belts, gears and how they're all connected to the glorious engine, one has to keep up to speed with these things when explaining funky noises to our mechanics

• @laurenglass4514
    @laurenglass4514 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +4

You got lucky on drilling that out. Knowing what might work is not luck.

• @user-ld6bf6zs4w
    @user-ld6bf6zs4w 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Well done getting the bolt end out with no damage.

• @jennyblacquiere3727
    @jennyblacquiere3727 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Thanks Phil, I got such a kick from your success.

• @msonarickel5506
    @msonarickel5506 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

Greetings Phillip,I just joined your channel,I really like how you got that broken 💔 bolt screw, keep teaching all of us Thank you very much 💘😊😮PS your Chateau looks cut & clean up land awesome 😎 God bless you dear!

• @HensOnly
    @HensOnly 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Awesome!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see her run again!

• @wes52101
    @wes52101 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Over here in the states we call that an interference engine. I've always hated working on them when it's a timing issue. Best of luck!

• @tammycrowell5442
    @tammycrowell5442 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

Good job on getting the bolt out!

• @user-ew7vm8cy2s
    @user-ew7vm8cy2s 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

I really admire your capabilities Phil. Just watched your other channel now you’re repairing the car. It’s so good to hear you sounding and looking so cheerful in the face of difficulties, good for you Phil 👏👏👏👏❤❤❤

• @inkmetal1
    @inkmetal1 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

I am so glad you removed the bolt. It also makes me feel good that an idea I had worked.

• @danielulz1640
    @danielulz1640 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

That was a bit of luck, Phil. Fingers crossed, your luck continues.

• @marydavis8103
    @marydavis8103 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Phil your perseverance is unwavering. Love your videos. I’m not even a car person, just like to see you doing.

• @russellgiles1531
    @russellgiles1531 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

If you switched it off whilst it was running, then neither of the pulleys should be out of time. I'd pull the glowplugs out, fit a new tensioner on, and then slowly turn the engine over via the crank pulley until it is at TDC and then check the alignment marks on the cam pulley. With the glow glowplugs removed, there should be little or no resistance, so if you feel some you will know to stop

• @maire4283
    @maire4283 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Great job, Phil! That went very smoothly. Makes so much sense to do your research in the time afforded as you await the arrival of the needed part(s).

• @charmees6637
    @charmees6637 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Wow! So interesting Phil it’s amazing which part does what. Your explaining is perfect. I’m hoping and praying for you that you’ve found the problem and it’s easy from now on 🙏

• @karlhunakonahollis
    @karlhunakonahollis 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

You will only smash the valves on an “interference engine” that’s where the pistons and valve use the same space .

• @nelleg152
    @nelleg152 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Have no idea about cars but love watching your channel ❤

• @georgesgohier484
    @georgesgohier484 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Well done Phil

• @garylatto4191
    @garylatto4191 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Fingers crossed for you when you put it back together 🤞

• @wileycoyotesr8623
    @wileycoyotesr8623 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

A smashing success with bolt removal. You caught a lucky break. 👍👍👍

• @mikedonow3304
    @mikedonow3304 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Phil,
    Pop out the injection heads to release compression then use that little camera to examine the combustion chambers for material damage. You got time & would make great content.

• @GenaF
    @GenaF 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

Well done you!

• @farmingirl4281
    @farmingirl4281 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Awesome!!! Congratulations!

• @MaureenKile-wg7gx
    @MaureenKile-wg7gx 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Phil, another v grandma loving your channel!

• @woodsew
    @woodsew 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

That definitely is something my husband would have done! Saving time and money!

• @WravTil
    @WravTil 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Many, many years ago I lived in the mountains near Rome and had a hire car from Avis. Driving home from the valley on night in heavy snow I smashed through all the drifts and made it back, Next morning car wouldn't start so I pushed it to the start of the hill from where you could freewheel about 15km down to the town (some of the turns you had to hang it out a bit but it was possible). All the way down I was trying to bump start it without success, just a funny nopise from the front.
    Down there where it was warmer so I was able to get the bonnet open where I could see the engine still encased in a block of ice. Unfortunately the Alfasud had an external timing belt that couldn't turn so the tinkling noise I heard was the valves hitting the pistons. I doubt that engine ever ran again, but Avis just brought me another one.
    Another time in that same period the hire car expired on the Rome ring round, windscreen covered with orange water. Burst radiator hose. A couple of hours later Avis appeared with a tow truck with a replacement on the back and off I went to Palinuro. Couldn't understand why this car didn;t run as well as the prvious one, until after about an hour I noticed an extra marking on the gear knob and found fifth gear ! :)

• @susanwoods3507
    @susanwoods3507 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

You are an encyclopedia of car knowledge. I know where to put the water in for the wipers and how to check the oil level :)

• @SusieMonk-jh8tj
    @SusieMonk-jh8tj 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Another troisième âge watching I have no idea what but the point is Phil does and he makes it interesting. ❤❤

• @rayscott2611
    @rayscott2611 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Phil you are a magician

• @crprovost
    @crprovost 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

You’re welcome. lol. Glad it worked out.

• @Okierover
    @Okierover 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

NO WAY! Well done!

• @gregbolitho9775
    @gregbolitho9775 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Nice goin Phil, I'd swap my Nissan X Trail for your T4 if you got it but gettin it Downunda'd be a bit of a prob. Please as you got the broke screw out, looking forward to the work you need to do next on it, and the Land Drover. Nice goin m8, stay vertical Eh!

• @iancrump2130
    @iancrump2130 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

S0 the question arises. Are you incredibly clever or just amazingly lucky?

• @user-wq2cg8su8p
    @user-wq2cg8su8p 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Check with your boroscope if there is any internal damage, if not buy a lottery ticket, you might as well ride your luck

• @pollylemelin5600
    @pollylemelin5600 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

👍

• @chrisdouglass7962
    @chrisdouglass7962 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Well, it is a VW 🤞😏

• @curvebuster
    @curvebuster 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉😮

• @sushirules
    @sushirules 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

What don't you know and can't you do??? Good job, Phil! 🔩