CPU fan only replacement (keep the old cooler) on ThinkPad T430

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 9 ก.ย. 2024
  • CPU Fan only replacement (keep the old cooler) on ThinkPad T430 tutorial / review. Model Toshiba with dGPU: FRU 04W3269.
    0:00 Old vs new fan replacement 2:33 Noise comparison 3:37 Results conclusion
    Music: Walking in the Sky - Nico Staf

ความคิดเห็น • 28

• @wombat1238marsupial
    @wombat1238marsupial 3 ปีที่แล้ว +11

I've never had to replace any of my thinkpad fans. I just take them apart clean any residual dust and spray fan spindle with WD40. After the WD40 has evaporated then use a little gear oil and all's well. The loudness and vibration is usually the spindle bearing and this method has worked every time for me.

• @MedicUbercharged
      @MedicUbercharged ปีที่แล้ว

I think I may just give this a shot. Thanks, guy from 2 years ago.

• @ieeieeeooeieeoeeeieee8004
      @ieeieeeooeieeoeeeieee8004 6 หลายเดือนก่อน

What type of wd40 did you use? Did you also used a thermal paste before you put them back

• @drachna
    @drachna 3 ปีที่แล้ว +7

It's a pity that demand for old thinkpads has risen so sharply lately. A t430 on Ebay where I live can be more than 300 quid! Still, I should probably do something similar to the fan on my old t410.

• @panoramacircle3281
    @panoramacircle3281  3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

CPU Fan only replacement (keep the old cooler) on ThinkPad T430 tutorial / review. Model Toshiba with dGPU: FRU 04W3269.
    0:00 Old vs new fan replacement
    2:33 Noise comparison
    3:37 Results conclusion
    Music: Walking in the Sky - Nico Staf

• @alexf1515
    @alexf1515 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Hello. I noticed that everyone is talking about the hum and the useless fan itself - yes, it's all true! But, no one talks about the next moment - the algorithm of its work. My T430 has fan position 1 at 2500-2600 RPM and fan position 2 at 3800-3900 RPM. There is no intermediate, for example - 2800, 3000, 3300, 3500... This is the second problem! And to be honest, this is the first time I see such a terribly tuned fan curve, or rather its complete absence on a laptop. Therefore, even if you use TPFanControl, you will not be able to properly configure the system, since level 1 is 2500-2600 RPM, and level 2 will always be 3800-3900 RPM right away. It's just that nobody talks about it...

• @panoramacircle3281
      @panoramacircle3281  ปีที่แล้ว

Go for the Delta fan cooler to get much better noise levels / fan curves

• @alexf1515
      @alexf1515 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@panoramacircle3281 This is understandable, but I was talking about something else. About that very strange fan speed curve on all of our favorite ThinkPad's. I gave an example on my t430, this is not normal

• @SuperStststststst
    @SuperStststststst 3 ปีที่แล้ว +3

I have tired both the toshia and the delta fan... They have about the same cooling performance but the Delta is almost silent at low levels. Would never go back to the toshiba

• @panoramacircle3281
      @panoramacircle3281  3 ปีที่แล้ว +3

I am getting a Delta fan in the mail soon and will make another comparison video

• @GrahamAtDesk
      @GrahamAtDesk 3 ปีที่แล้ว +3

I concur - I came to the comments to say the very same thing. The fan noise ruined my T430 for me until I bought it a Delta fan. It instantly became my favourite laptop (they're all from the x30 series). It was so good I forked out 50 pounds for the 35W quad core CPU, and now it's an absolute belter.

• @alexf1515
      @alexf1515 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@GrahamAtDeskThanks for the comment. Now my T430 has a chance to be saved. I don't have the strength to listen to this noise. If with the help of a new fan it is possible to make it quieter, then most likely, in gratitude to him for the silence, I will also replace the processor with i7-3632QM (i7-3612QM)

• @rayanayn3711
    @rayanayn3711 8 หลายเดือนก่อน

not quite clear what are you doing with that white cable after you install the new fan..are you soldering it back? what is that cable for anyway?

• @ted-b
    @ted-b 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

TP Fancontrol software is excellent. The stock fan curve on my T430 is atrocious!

• @panoramacircle3281
      @panoramacircle3281  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Yes older TPs are nearly unusable without it.

• @ted-b
      @ted-b 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@panoramacircle3281 Interestingly, I just replaced my T430 for another one without the Nvidia GPU. It is practically silent in comparison and runs so much cooler.

• @panoramacircle3281
      @panoramacircle3281  3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@ted-b Might have been the Delta fan or better CPU paste. There could be some background task in Windows constantly running as well like antivirus.

• @ted-b
      @ted-b 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@panoramacircle3281 The new machine has the Delta fan, it's the same image of Win 10. I just swapped the SSD into the new machine. Same paste used too. I kinda miss the Nvidia, mine had 2GB of DDR3 dedicated. The Intel isn't too bad, I can still play Bioshock! :)

• @erjohnpelaez9931
    @erjohnpelaez9931 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Can i ask a question? What kind of tape should i use to replace the tape that i already cut out?

• @erjohnpelaez9931
      @erjohnpelaez9931 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Can a electrical tape will suffice?

• @panoramacircle3281

I just used some standard generic tape. The only point is to close air leaks. The screws keep the fan in place not the tape.

• @robe_p3857
    @robe_p3857 2 ปีที่แล้ว

U havent experienced any problems stemming from the liquid metal?

• @panoramacircle3281
      @panoramacircle3281  2 ปีที่แล้ว

So far none but I am not moving that laptop around, just sitting on my desk

• @bobdole27
    @bobdole27 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I wonder if there are any stronger fans that can fit in a t430 mine likes to heat when playing games

• @panoramacircle3281

Toshiba is the strongest fan, only way for better temps is using liquid metal for more performance. The CPU can take high heat anyway.

• @bobdole27
      @bobdole27 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@panoramacircle3281 I see, thank you for the response!

• @sunilh5675
    @sunilh5675 ปีที่แล้ว

Product purchase link please?

• @raymondbennett948
    @raymondbennett948 ปีที่แล้ว

the earth wire should be soldered on