My thoughts on the V70 T5.

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 4 ก.ย. 2024
  • Testing camera angles and talking about Volvos, this video won't be for everyone.
    MicksGarage.com discount code: "dannydc2"

ความคิดเห็น • 323

• @dannyDC2
    @dannyDC2  6 ปีที่แล้ว +43

Evening all. With this video I wanted to test out some camera angles/settings to be used in upcoming projects. I realised you hadn't heard enough about my Volvo yet so figured it was the best car for the job.
    Few notes from me:
    1) Some of the exterior shots are a bit shaky, but the interior ones seem a lot better, so I'm wondering if I just didn't set the mount up that well. Practice will make perfect.
    2) I'm cringing at the amount of times I use the words fuck/fucking just to fill up sentences. Need to work on that. Vocabulary in general is pretty weaksauce.
    3) In the actual videos I will have someone with me to get exterior shots of the cars in motion.
    4) I'll cover things that I find interesting/unique. Things like the Volvo's trip computer switch you may have seen in a previous video.
    5) The audio isn't that bad with the Sony lapel mic I'm using on the GoPro, definitely better than having the shotgun mic pointing towards me as this picks up too much background noise.
    6) Don't go to Ikea on a Saturday.

• @RallyandTrail
      @RallyandTrail 6 ปีที่แล้ว +2

DannyDC2 Never stop being real ! Most you tube channels have gone as anal as Elton John .
      Your vids are great 👍🏻. #keepswearing :)

• @CarlsModsClass
      @CarlsModsClass 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Great video danny if you need more engine noise get a Gopro hero five and put it at the back of your car but a very well put together video non the less

• @ashleygentle6501
      @ashleygentle6501 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I've got an 850 T5 auto bought it for £300 and there isn't much i haven't changed on it. They are genuinely quick and at 21 years old mine does surprise me how quick it is. They're built like brick shit houses, with the 2.3 I5 turbo properly fast and they just look cool, in that quirky anti-cool way. I absolutely love mine. Flying brick.

• @worstcasescenario9903
      @worstcasescenario9903 6 ปีที่แล้ว

DannyDC2 your version of one takes would be fantastic.

• @karlmckenna647
      @karlmckenna647 6 ปีที่แล้ว

DannyDC2 if you're down Worksop/Sheffield way your welcome to have a go in my big single turbo R33 GTR

• @adrianmunro7438
    @adrianmunro7438 6 ปีที่แล้ว +24

I agree with you 100% about cars and status,cars don't make you someone special,but the right car makes you feel special and unique,money is not everything,I love 90's cars,my best was still my 1997 Honda 180i civic(Ballade in South Africa) sedan,still miss that car even today,you feel in touch with the road.The new cars can't do that

• @dalefullerton4553
    @dalefullerton4553 6 ปีที่แล้ว +23

This is a very strange episode of Police, Camera Action

• @bleensteen9331
    @bleensteen9331 6 ปีที่แล้ว +41

Thought you were about to get wiped out by a missile strike at 19:13

• @dannyDC2
      @dannyDC2  6 ปีที่แล้ว

hahaha I see it

• @nobetterboythanboybetterknow
      @nobetterboythanboybetterknow 6 ปีที่แล้ว

I was thinking omg how is he not commenting on what the fuck that thing is then realised it was water 😂

• @jdmfreak22
      @jdmfreak22 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Lol, same here! For a minute I was in full WTF mode! Lol

• @chickenchaser3213
    @chickenchaser3213 6 ปีที่แล้ว +13

One take idea would be a good step forward for the channel would love to see that, your definitely going places Danny boy, keep it up mate

• @chickenchaser3213
      @chickenchaser3213 6 ปีที่แล้ว

On a side note I got the g7 and I'm well impressed with it thanks.

• @dannyDC2
      @dannyDC2  6 ปีที่แล้ว

Not bad ey! Not always the best camera but it does the job.

• @NoGrip
      @NoGrip 6 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Especially that Matt has stopped his forever now

• @NoGrip
      @NoGrip 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Ah I've just got to the bit where you spoke about it. Now my comment is less clever

• @chickenchaser3213
      @chickenchaser3213 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Lol

• @Playstationguy1999
    @Playstationguy1999 6 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Nice video, I love these older Volvos! Just picked up a 1996 Volvo 850R automatic sedan a few weeks ago with 76,000 miles and it's been a great car. I agree with what you were saying about the simplicity of older cars, it's a pleasant experience to drive around in these vehicles... hydraulic steering, analog gauges, classic buttons and switches everywhere but nothing to annoy me. The 5 cylinder engine is also a joy compared to my first car. Hope to fix it up though as well over the next year and maybe do some slight mods, but I don't want to go over 300hp so I can keep the daily reliability of this turbobrick. Also noticed you were listening to Parachutes by Coldplay, one of my favorite albums :)
    Just subscribed, I wish you the best of luck with your channel and I look forward to seeing more of your content!

• @dannyDC2
      @dannyDC2  6 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Agree 100% - the steering is something that I forgot to mention. Hydraulic steering over electric every time! Parachutes is one of my favourites too. Enjoy the motor! :)

• @Prime.Era.
    @Prime.Era. 6 ปีที่แล้ว +8

That’s definitely a lot of car for the money! Awesome daily mate

• @Elit3Ginger
    @Elit3Ginger 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Probably the only TH-camr I can sit and watch for longer than 10 minutes without being bored! Loved the video, keep them coming!

• @SteadyRise
    @SteadyRise 6 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Agree with what you said about leasing a car just to show your status. I've never understood it. Newest car I owned was a 52 plate. I, like you, prefer older slightly quirkier cars and cars with heritage. There are nice new cars I would like to own but I'd rather be able to pay for it outright than lease it. I daily drive a 2000 VW Polo GTi and it's been pretty good to me for 3 years.

• @harryc2249
    @harryc2249 6 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Your videos are great! Keep it up bud! The quality is stepping up every time I watch!

• @NoGrip
    @NoGrip 6 ปีที่แล้ว +9

I still have that 280hp MX5 to try and change your mind about them whenever you are down South

• @paulharvey3759
    @paulharvey3759 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Love the videos. Doesn't bother me about shaky cameras. I like listening to what other car people drive and what there into. Keep the videos coming. Peace out

• @jdmfreak22
    @jdmfreak22 6 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Really enjoyed this one Danny. When you said you were getting kind of deep, it's when I enjoyed it the most. We feel the same about cars, and people lol!
    The best forward camera angle was when you left Ikea and you had the GoPro on your side window.
    Looking forward for more car reviews and autobarn videos, and of course, some track time when it comes. All your videos are enjoyable! It's cool to see a down to earth, no b*llshit TH-camr. Heck, that's why I've been subscribed for so long, even when all you uploaded where track videos and no vlogs! Keep it up!

• @dannyDC2
      @dannyDC2  6 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks man :)

• @NickF14
    @NickF14 6 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Really enjoyed this video mate - Genuinely relatable. Completely agree with the thoughts on the Volvo - drove an 850 R auto and the noise was a Godsend. Keep up the good content mate, cannot wait to hear more Volvo!

• @dannyDC2
      @dannyDC2  6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Cheers Nick

• @robertmenghini.Lambomad
    @robertmenghini.Lambomad ปีที่แล้ว +1

Just watched this, a tad late, I love the video! Your explanations are spot on, I’ve just bought the exact model and love it, it’s quirky and cool!

• @benhoughton5577
    @benhoughton5577 6 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Great video👍 the whole thing about the car status is so true I've always thought the same thing, I got a mk4 golf and it does everything a new car can do if not more!! Keep up the content👍

• @Speedy1208
    @Speedy1208 6 ปีที่แล้ว +6

Very good video Danny! That 5 cylinders sounds very good. =)

• @peteglanton9259
    @peteglanton9259 ปีที่แล้ว

I totally agree with you. In the late 90s cars reached perfection - everything you need and nothing you don’t.
    I just bought a 1998 V70 t5 and tbh it’s got way more gadgets than I need!

• @jakegodfrey9911
    @jakegodfrey9911 6 ปีที่แล้ว +4

100% true what you said about new cars. My cut off point is around 2005 aswell haha

• @DannyBrown88
    @DannyBrown88 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Everything you said about cars and status is so correct, leasing cars is only beneficial if you plan to do it forever, in the sense that you get a brand new car every 2 years for half the price or not far off. Otherwise you’re paying a huge lump of money for something you’ll never own

• @vxvxr123
    @vxvxr123 6 ปีที่แล้ว +3

I completely agree with you on the renting cars business can’t see the point of just dead money at a car you’ll never own may as well go outside and burn it

• @dancarter9234
    @dancarter9234 6 ปีที่แล้ว +6

Bloody love the long vids 👊🏻

• @alanbellwood3902
    @alanbellwood3902 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I have a 2.5 10v manual as a winter smoker and love the sound gonna be sad to sell it tbh as for £600 it has done 4k miles without missing a beat.

• @warry25
    @warry25 6 ปีที่แล้ว +4

For the mic setup you could get a Rode SmartLav+ and stick it into your phone and record your audio on that then sync in post. Only like £50 from Amazon so not investing hundreds.

• @fazer12779
    @fazer12779 6 ปีที่แล้ว +5

I had a dark blue V70R manual 280bhp chipped. 😃

• @InSerTRSA
    @InSerTRSA 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Would love a walk-around talking a little bit about the car before you jump in. Gives us an idea of what it might look like going down the road! Subscribed to see more videos like this one! Keep it up man.

• @dannyDC2
      @dannyDC2  6 ปีที่แล้ว

of course, I didn't think that was needed with the Volvo though :D

• @TheMick26
    @TheMick26 6 ปีที่แล้ว +8

Hey Danny. In for the Reverse One Takes. Whatever it takes to get out of the driveway. You killed me with the "selling me a Casio" comment.😂😂😂 Watching now bro... just had to give you a quick attaboy. The different camera angles are looking good.👌 Cheers, Dan.

• @dannyDC2
      @dannyDC2  6 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Thanks man! Seems the quality has been killed a little by uploading to here. Will have to check into that.

• @TheMick26
      @TheMick26 6 ปีที่แล้ว +2

DannyDC2 I was reading over your notes and regarding note #2, your vocabulary is anything but weaksauce. It's difficult to fill 10-15 minutes of void, uncut and uncensored, but I believe you can do it. The wit is real and the wordplay is always highly entertaining.😆 As for using all the variations of the word 'fuck', the choice is yours, but I say there's no shame in it. Fuck is one of the most versatile words in our language and can be used in probably every part of speech (noun, verb, adjective, interjection, etc.), so I say Fuck it! Embrace that fucking word for fuck's sake. Looking forward to watching the next chapter of this channel unfold. Cheers, bro!
      P.S. I hate the big city and people, too. You are not alone.✌😆

• @SteadyRise
    @SteadyRise 6 ปีที่แล้ว +10

Drove all the way to Ikea and you didn't even show us the drawers you bought?

• @leonmtv553
    @leonmtv553 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

hit the nail on the head danny mate been a sub since around 100 followers so a while lol and your the most down e earth youtuber av watched keep it up pal respect from sunderland 👍

• @dannyDC2

Cheers pal, nice to know you stuck around!

• @JOPOV
    @JOPOV 6 ปีที่แล้ว

The setup with GoPro on the drivers side window making the steering wheel etc visible with your main camera pointing at you and played in the top/bottom left is the best setup IMO - The second mic setup is better also!
    Nice to see some driving in and around Leeds, spent a lot of time driving around there a few years ago. Good memories of the M621, colleague took me for a drive when he picked up his Evo VIII, safe to say he was hitting north of 130 down the straight adjacent Elland Road, good times.

• @wayneclement7201
    @wayneclement7201 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Keep at it lad, the more you do it, the more you'll hone your style and niche, periodically upgrading your kit like you are will see your videos become more and more slick, good work

• @therickman1990
    @therickman1990 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Good video, perfect length for making dinner, eating dinner and doing the dishes while you drone on about geography teachers :P

• @tomcondron2180
    @tomcondron2180 6 ปีที่แล้ว +6

If they would fit Danny I have a focus st manifold and hybrid turbo id like to donate to the channel. Boost the t5!

• @MrMattybruno
      @MrMattybruno 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

tom condron should fit the engine, the 2.5 in the focus is a bored out 2.3 Volvo, so it should bolt straight on, but idk about room in the bay

• @ojwoods997
      @ojwoods997 6 ปีที่แล้ว

I’ll buy it off you instead!!!

• @gonzalo4307
    @gonzalo4307 6 ปีที่แล้ว +3

I like these kind of videos, would like to see more, I like long videos honestly.
    The Volvo seems like a good car just to waft around in haha.

• @dannyDC2

thanks, it is a good wafter!

• @Whenisthelaughter
    @Whenisthelaughter 6 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Absolutely with you 100% on the whole modern car thing classic cars man there the best no character to basically any of the new cars there just full of gadgets and shit you just don't need, spending just silly money for next to no return... that volvo sound though!!!

• @dannyDC2

Exactly that, and none of these synthetic engine notes can replace the thumping sound of a big turbo 5. :)

• @spainter1985
    @spainter1985 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Has to be said that big camera quality is looking pretty awesome, the mount seems absolutely solid! I think you can buy a tailgate anti-rattle kit for this generation of V70's which might fix your issue. I used to have a 1997 S70 2.5 20v manual, always wanted the T5 - but the N/A car used to sound absolutely great! If you fancy upgrading the stereo take a look at C70's with the Dynaudio set up - it's very good and you can retrofit most of it.

• @dannyDC2

It's already had the boot rattle fix... perhaps it just needs adjusting. Hopefully! :)

• @spainter1985
      @spainter1985 6 ปีที่แล้ว

I also commented before hearing you got it for a grand.... absolute swine! ;)

• @callummccubbing4506
    @callummccubbing4506 6 ปีที่แล้ว

I know somebody who got a 2005 Volvo XC90 2.5t recently, really nice cars, I respect Volvo alot.

• @Retrobeemer
    @Retrobeemer 6 ปีที่แล้ว

I used to be a people person, then I met people.
    Inline 5's always sound fruity and combined with practicality of Volvo, it's a winning combo. Definitely a good choice for daily.
    Disappointed at the lack of drawer action. You tease us with a mention, get us all excited at the prospect, then leave us hanging! Devo'd!
    Look forward to the One-takes! 🚘

• @davespooney8472
    @davespooney8472 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Glad you have starting respecting the Volvo, I was surprised you settled for the auto but I know how bad Harrogate traffic is. I'd have one. Agreed re leasing, a Porsche 911 in the 80's/90's was a big deal. Now a friggin Panemera Turbo is within reach of someone maybe living at home or someone happy to blow a big % of their wage each month. It should be a good thing but I think it's a shame too. Good luck with the T5.
    Ps I missed a £250pm lease on the Alfa 4c. Gutted, I would have bitten their arm off

• @matthewwiddows6319
    @matthewwiddows6319 ปีที่แล้ว

cruise on these motronic 4.4 v70's is done via a vacuum controlled actuator on the pedal. on the 99+ v70 t5's, they have the me7 ecu with electronic throttle, so the ecu can move the throttle directly, whereas on your car the cruise control module has to move the pedal.

• @MrKushinator420
    @MrKushinator420 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Just grabbed a 2001 v70 t5 with manual option shifting, for 800 usd. Pristine with 90k miles. Dude was out of his head selling it for that, I've been looking it all over for something wrong and its just perfect. NA car as well. Plan on tuning her out to 300+hp.

• @roskataqv
    @roskataqv 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Nice video, I like the 1st camera angle best, you should give the V70 some character, its a legendary touring car!

• @dannyDC2

No it isn't 😂

• @AzZa19EiGhTy6
    @AzZa19EiGhTy6 6 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Literally lol'd at "proper librarian spec"

• @GPIghosthunters
    @GPIghosthunters 6 ปีที่แล้ว

* AUDIO * 🔉
    Good to see you making another video, I was having a conversation with a mate of mine and 'zoom 1' or similar voice recorder with a lav mic plugged in to the recorder makes really crisp clear audio, perfect for vloggin ect. You can walk away or turn from the camera with no change in audio volume ect. (clap before takes makes it easier to line up in edit) probably know this already but a lot cheaper than good wireless mic and good consistency with audio. 👍

• @fucktheeuroteeleafs2500
    @fucktheeuroteeleafs2500 6 ปีที่แล้ว +2

1st camera set up. But 2nd mic set up in my opinion!
    On a further note. Big up to the prancing stag!

• @rossnos
    @rossnos 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Enjoyed this video, that water going down your windscreen shit me right up 😂

• @TABRO284
    @TABRO284 6 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I really like mid to late 90s cars

• @dannyDC2

me too :)

• @markjones2547
    @markjones2547 6 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I bought a focus St some years ago based on how that 5 pot sounded

• @dehv
    @dehv 6 ปีที่แล้ว

love it man, your first set up of camera angles/ set up was best. and 1000% agree on the new car rant :) winner winner chicken dinner

• @nathanenglish6151
    @nathanenglish6151 6 ปีที่แล้ว

*real throaty* I enjoyed it man, I personally wouldn't mind if you did the one takes tbh, I find it entertaining to listen to you ramble!! I mean, most of the other reviewers chat shite anyways, at least the shite you chat is actually funny and often informing!!

• @jamesbaggaley1460
    @jamesbaggaley1460 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Good car. #drivetastefully
    Another good video, hyped for the switching of the baton from Matt to Danny.
    That mic reminded me of the black teg video from last year :)

• @shehroz3421
    @shehroz3421 6 ปีที่แล้ว

I have an exam in the morning but still have to watch this at 1:05am ☺️👌

• @dannyDC2
      @dannyDC2  6 ปีที่แล้ว

Not very wise sir. Good luck.

• @Ben-hv4ph
    @Ben-hv4ph 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Dan the man! Loving the new workhorse man! Definitely a bit of you

• @jedward15
    @jedward15 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Low key want a T5 now.

• @dannyDC2
      @dannyDC2  6 ปีที่แล้ว

few have said this... sorry haha

• @mambomurphy
    @mambomurphy 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Can't beat a 5 pot turbo. Had Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo for few years with turbo back exhaust, sound was lovely.

• @ghaniabid
    @ghaniabid 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Great video. I agree about the lease car point to a degree Danny, but there are circumstances for some people it makes sense. I own a Subaru WRX 2005 and a 2002 BMW M3 E46. I have a family with 3 kids and would I have my wife use these cars on the 10 mile school run, as dailies?
    What a lot of people need is peace of mind for their families. I live in London, my wife does a lot of city driving on the school run, occasionally I visit family in Wales so reliability and comfort are high on the list along with safety for my family.
    For these reasons I choose to lease a car every 3 years, advantage are you get a new car every 3 years, no MOT to worry about, warranty for major repairs and no headaches.
    it only makes financial sense if you are paying an affordable amount, I pay £140 per month all in on a VW Tiguan diesel, which ticks all the boxes, this is not much more than my Virgin Media broadband/TV monthly bill. Paying anything over £300 is all about status and vanity.

• @upfactoryracing4148
    @upfactoryracing4148 6 ปีที่แล้ว

That's a nice camera setup, audio isn't to bad I can hear you fine. Keep it up!

• @ishopatlidl
    @ishopatlidl 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

In terms of the new videos that include driving other cars, I think a good format would just be like how you make videos of you taking the MR2 onto the moors. Just talking about the car, clips of accelerations, etc. ?

• @dannyDC2
      @dannyDC2  6 ปีที่แล้ว

I did that already. :)

• @roelhazenberg9365
    @roelhazenberg9365 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Squeeks and rattles are actually a pretty common thing on v70's. Most I drove all got some rattles from the boot, doors or suspension.

• @alfiehassall470
    @alfiehassall470 6 ปีที่แล้ว +4

I’m not trying to sell you any Casio’s yet 😂😂

• @daveyofyeshua
    @daveyofyeshua 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Mate, that's real talk right there. My daily is a 92' sunny 1.4 5dr beater and fun car is a 350z. Suits me down to the ground, I'll never pay hundreds a month to lease a new car for status - just not me.

• @manbearpigsuncle
    @manbearpigsuncle 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Just subscribed! Fantastic content and you need more subs. From America, own a 2001 Lexus GS430 as my current daily but before the winter im planning on buying an lifting an xc70 for a few grand. Love swedish engineering, even though i drive a japanese missle. All you need on this car is a thule cargo carrier lol cant wait to see whats in store for this channel.

• @TheProrider17
    @TheProrider17 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Surprised to hear it only has four years, but seems like the ideal daily! Good video

• @dannyDC2

You don't really notice it when driving, so meh. I was shocked at first but now I'm fine with it haha.

• @peterscotney1
    @peterscotney1 2 ปีที่แล้ว

I have lots of of creaks n groans from my 1997 T5 ..and i had a bad rattle on the back !..it turned out to be my rear shock mount !

• @AndyGarton
    @AndyGarton 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Love this style of video Danny! Talk more :-)

• @andypower31
    @andypower31 6 ปีที่แล้ว +2

just a idea mate. ive been told when you phone someone about something important you should write down 'points' so when your half way through the conversation you dont forget the points or questions you nees to ask. try having 'points' of things you want to talk about in the car. maybe on a sicky note pad below the camera veiw. this way you can talk about exactly what you want and itl help you flow into one point into the next. great videos though. stay classy

• @dannyDC2
      @dannyDC2  6 ปีที่แล้ว

Not a bad idea at all! Cheers man

• @runrabbitrunracing
    @runrabbitrunracing 6 ปีที่แล้ว

I’ve got two auto trader saved searches. Pre-2000 80k Miles and pre-2005 60k Miles. Both max £10k. Get some unreal cars popping up.

• @Rawy20111
    @Rawy20111 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi mate, I'd favour the gopro to go on the drivers side window. As you had it when you left IKEA I think? It's good perspective. Glad to hear you're enjoying the Volvo as well. Looking forward to future content and your venture into one takes. 👍

• @Twobarpsi
    @Twobarpsi 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Main reasons I bought my 98 V70 T5 were: 1) safest car you can buy, 2) heated seats, 3) the amount of stuff you can fit inside 4) how fast and powerful it is... I've done 145mph in mine....

• @leonmtv553
    @leonmtv553 6 ปีที่แล้ว

why i pal good genuine lad with wicked vidz al let ya no when am in harrogate and if ya not bizzy a wouldnt mind a look at the teg

• @davehigson9503
    @davehigson9503 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Didn’t think there was much difference in the audio from either mic, last big cam angle seemed about the best but I suppose it’s gunna be dictated by the cars you review and where you can place the cam and mount really, love the idea of getting your honest thoughts on other cars, far to much tech on modern motors for me too, 90’s cars are just right balance with that stuff, I do like the Volvo, but prefer the bimmers, looking forward to the reviews, keep up the good work 👍

• @williamoakes664
    @williamoakes664 6 ปีที่แล้ว

A man of my heart Dan, well said.. I cannot get over peoples lack of financial nouse when running pcp/lease cars, I’d say most of my mates who operate in such a way always give the car back after three years due to balloon payments...so circa £500pcm over 36 months = £18k down the swanny and for what!!!
    My e92 pre-LCI 330d is at 120k and having recently bought it off the company I’m planning to run it to 200k to prove a point plus enjoy ‘driving’ (270hp, 6 cylinder turbo, manual, rwd beast whilst averaging 40mpg =’smug’ cheap motoring 😁) whilst I’m at it!...
    Volvos lovely..keep it up! (Looking forward to more bahn vids..ps I have some vogtland springs to fit if you have a minute? 😉)
    Will

• @dannyDC2

It's something that's been a bit of an eye opener since moving 'up here' - seems everyone is at it. Turbo brick looks out of place at the super market! Nice to hear you're back in a 'proper' 330d.I think the pre-LCI shape (once the DPF/map is done) is about the newest turbo diesel I'd trust my own cash with. MHZ9230 is still going strong. :)

• @squarrl
    @squarrl 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Rattle could be broken clips in that hold the rear panel to the tail gate, lots of people just ram self tapping screws to stop this... please don't. It could also be the rear bench fold down mechanism, their are plastic pieces that go on metal bars like a door latch. The plastic wears out, some electrical tape often helps. ABS modules suffer from dry solder joints, many places will fix it, or you could do it yourself.

• @vinnyvtec8722
    @vinnyvtec8722 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Agree 100% about older cars man! Owned a 1992 vw scirocco with golf gti engine, 1992 bb4 2.2 jdm honda prelude, a 94 gc8 jdm impreza wrx that was tuned, a 1998 honda civic 1.8 vti aerodeck, a clio 172 cup, a focus st170 and a host of normal cars. The newest car i've ever owned is my 2004 mazda6 2.3 sport (bought as i now have kids and it was cheap lol) I test drove a few newer cars around the 2010 mark (a similar spec'd mondeo to my mazda, a renault megane 2.0t and vw passat. They were nowhere near as fun. Its hard to describe they feel heavy but steer and handle extremely lightly. So you dont feel like its you in control, theres no sense of achievement and weirdly they didnt feel safe as in the car makes you think its lighter than it actually is so if for arguements sake you go round a bend and hit a bump, the steering goes very light, you turn the wheel too much because you were midway through a corner and then the car corrects itself, but its only then that you feel the weight of the car and all the electrics working for you to keep you safe, that wouldnt have been a problem anyway had they not loaded the car with an abundance of sensors and airbags. The funniest thing though is my mother in law has a brand new fiat 500. There was a warning light come up on the dashboard and she wasnt sure if she could drive it. She ummed and arggghed about it and finally decided to rather slowly drive it to the fiat garage a few miles away the whole time worrying that it was going to break down or have an engine failure. She gets there and it turns out that after all this drama all it was was a bulb had gone in her rear light. Who needs a bloody sensor for that, especially on a fiat? Theres more chance of the light falling off first before the bulb goes! Rant over lol. Keep up the good work danny, all your vids are good. Ps i thought as a daily you might've considered a civic vti aerodeck, they're seriously underated. B18c4 engine (similar to b18c1 in integra) 8,200 rpm redline, claimed 170bhp but think it was actually 167bhp or something like that and 0-60 was around 8 seconds. I stripped mine out and used it as a van (eg 2 seats) and gave it a few mods and it screamed . I miss my old cars lol.

• @odfkjdhgovj
    @odfkjdhgovj 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I feel you on the new cars thing, just aren’t interesting! Not a flashy guy like yourself, could afford one but just choose not to, I like character in my cars.
    Also prefer first camera angle, great video btw, not often I could stomach sitting through a 35 minute video about a Volvo but your commentary makes it!

• @dannyDC2
      @dannyDC2  6 ปีที่แล้ว

It's something I could talk about at length, and probably will do with a few more of these videos!

• @odfkjdhgovj
      @odfkjdhgovj 6 ปีที่แล้ว

DannyDC2 get some mates and do a drive around video podcast in the Volvo ;)

• @xadilx4hm3d
    @xadilx4hm3d 6 ปีที่แล้ว

I like the new set up, I'd suggest try having the gopro a pov cam to show the steering also

• @MrKeepitup83
    @MrKeepitup83 6 ปีที่แล้ว +2

This episode had some edgy deep thoughts 👌👌👌💯💯💯💯🙏🙏

• @EliotQuebec
    @EliotQuebec 5 ปีที่แล้ว

j'adore ce break Volvo T5 , un super moteur 5 cylindres qui pousse fort , une sonorité incroyable , rare en Belgique.hello from Belgium , you've got a incrédible volvo T5.

• @FItAndU
    @FItAndU 6 ปีที่แล้ว

On my way home from notts at the weekend came across a place called ‘autobarn’ looked like a storage place, seems about right for all your cars

• @dannyDC2
      @dannyDC2  6 ปีที่แล้ว

interesting

• @stubob7454
    @stubob7454 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Love the idea, think it will be a great addition if you're looking at progressing the channel into a high sub Channel , just dunna forget the dc2 and m3 you massive aunt Bessie

• @Twobarpsi
    @Twobarpsi 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I bought my 98 V70 T5 *because* it was an automatic. My fun car is stick. For a daily driver, I only want an automatic.

• @JamieD1994
    @JamieD1994 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Looking forward to seeing these videos. Would like to have you drive my Evo in the future...

• @magnavox4794
    @magnavox4794 6 ปีที่แล้ว

The ABS and TRACS lights are often due to bad ABS solenoid box. The solder needs to be resoldered. It might be the most common problem with the old 90s volvos.

• @dannyDC2
      @dannyDC2  6 ปีที่แล้ว

Hopefully not!

• @magnavox4794
      @magnavox4794 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Here in the states we have someone who you give $80 and your old box and he gives you a restored one resealed. The DIYer fix is to tap a hole, stick an iron in and reflow it and plug the hole back up. If that's whats wrong of course. Sounds like you've got your's under control though.

• @mrpetit2
    @mrpetit2 6 ปีที่แล้ว

5cyl volvos are great. Great daily drivers, reliable, comfortable, practical, excellent seats and sound good too. Just dont expect a sporty, nimble drive, thats not the point of those cars.
    If you want better fuel economy you can always get a D5 diesel engined one. They're very reliable; that engine is even used in boats, so massive operating hours (volvo Penta)
    The new camera mount is great, your gopro's wobble more than your big camera.

• @zloychechen5150
      @zloychechen5150 6 ปีที่แล้ว

they are. compared to rwd volvos, like 940 or 960, you might even call them a bit sporty (with nice rubber, especially).
      but my god my v70 has been raping me hard. it's a very high mileage one, and it's awd, which doesn't help.
      replaced the gearbox, and the bevel gear. and now a rear suspension link has broken somehow. the aircon has given up, and, surely, have the same abs problem (like everyone else though).
      would suggest anyone should avoid awd P80s.

• @dannyDC2
      @dannyDC2  6 ปีที่แล้ว

I heard about the issues on AWD, was relieved to find mine was the FWD model. Same as the Audi, didn't fancy a quattro headache!

• @desertmanification
    @desertmanification 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Two things:
    1. The manual box in an 850 or S/V70 T5 is shite, auto is the gearbox to have.
    2. The people need to know about the little ticket holder thing in the windscreen.

• @keke36racing37
    @keke36racing37 6 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I'm working for a big car rental company und you can guess how much I'm faced with the status thing and how much more money usual people leave there for sth equaly good but with a better status... I just don't get it
    Good video mate thumbs up 👍🏻

• @Brickhazard
      @Brickhazard 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Me either I own a house and have a decent job. I own a 2004 Saab 9-5 Aero, 2005 Suzuki Ignis Sport and a 1995 Toyota Celica GT-Four. I own all 3 outright and each is fun in its own right. My 9-5 Aero took me on a 4k mile Euro trip without breaking a sweat.

• @EpikacUnltd
    @EpikacUnltd 6 ปีที่แล้ว +2

In Vancouver BC, owning a car is all about the status symbol and how many likes you can get on Instagram. People spend stupid amounts of money on their cars to satisfy the desires of others.

• @dannyDC2
      @dannyDC2  6 ปีที่แล้ว

Funny you say that, I follow a few people from there on Instagram. Some cool cars!

• @EpikacUnltd
      @EpikacUnltd 6 ปีที่แล้ว

As a Vancouverite, I apologize for any future rude behaviour that you may encounter.

• @zloychechen5150
    @zloychechen5150 6 ปีที่แล้ว

ABS going kaput in these is a very common issue. And it's usual for this issue for the abs to work intermittently.
    It's normally not sensors, but the control module, which costs a fortune (but if you read error codes, it will blame one of the sensors, left rear usually, i think). I was told that you can try and bake it in the oven, which helps like 30% of the times, or re-solder it, which is preferable. Don't get a used one, it's pointless.

• @dannyDC2
      @dannyDC2  6 ปีที่แล้ว

Yeah a few are saying this, hopefully not. I fixed the sensor and the light has gone off (For now!)

• @becomematrix
    @becomematrix 6 ปีที่แล้ว

The autobox is definitely a big plus. This model used to be a unmarked police cruiser in The Netherlands, indicated how 'decent' and agile it is. I like the video setup. I don't mind the unrelated topic talks in the car, makes it more genuine as you drive. Therefore I dont like one take 😁. You asked the viewers if you should sell the Mr2. I think it would be best to sell it and focus on the dc2&m3 ✌🏼

• @dannyDC2

Yes, they used them in England too :)

• @silviafanboy9829
    @silviafanboy9829 6 ปีที่แล้ว

I like the camera angles and the sound of the volovo

• @sonofjak1971
    @sonofjak1971 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Your very first camera set up was the one i preferred, the final one was similar too. I wouldn't worry about talking bollocks too much either. Be yourself as usual, that's why you have 32k subscribers.

• @rob175kks
    @rob175kks 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Hey mate, for good engine sound get an additional external mic for one of your cameras and run it to either the engine bay or exhaust.

• @robertmenghini.Lambomad
    @robertmenghini.Lambomad ปีที่แล้ว

Great video, thanks

• @RichieRouge206
    @RichieRouge206 6 ปีที่แล้ว

The tailgate panels rattle like hell and you can get repair kits. That should remove most of the rattles. Great car I miss my P80 V70

• @dannyDC2
      @dannyDC2  6 ปีที่แล้ว

It's already had a repair kit. Noticed the spoiler is loose so perhaps related.

• @bossbaughton6131
    @bossbaughton6131 6 ปีที่แล้ว

New camera angle is decent mate, loving the content

• @misterLukeG
    @misterLukeG 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Front view might be better from the rear window looking over your right shoulder so the steering wheel is visible

• @liambrennan2605
    @liambrennan2605 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Good idea with a uk version of one takes sound was decent tbh T5 sounds very good looks nippy too

• @jimmyb269
    @jimmyb269 6 ปีที่แล้ว

I agree Cant beat the old cars dan

• @traintalkers
    @traintalkers 6 ปีที่แล้ว

I myself have a 99 v70 glt. Volvos are great cars last forever. Ive started to mod mine. I have. Manual transmission to swap in and I am currently trying to find a t5 in my area so I can take the engine since it's a 2.3l and mines a 2.4 with higher compression so mine can't take that much boost

• @Twobarpsi
    @Twobarpsi 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Love my 98 V70 T5 automatic!!