Sharpening a Victorinox kitchen knife on a Tormek T7

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 6 ก.ย. 2024
  • Full leanght video on sharpening a Victorinox chef knife on a Tormek T-7.
    Contact me at: norwegiantinkerer@gmail.com
    Some channels to check out:
    Jeff Jewell: / @jef
    BigRedEDC: www.youtube.co....
    jcoolG19 2: www.youtube.co....
    Outpost 76: www.youtube.co....
    Tobias Gibson: www.youtube.co....
    Paul Schuette: www.youtube.co....
    Slick Slicers: / eholford
    HILLtop knives and gear: www.youtube.co...
    Paddy's Potato Peelers: www.youtube.co...
    The Knife Beater: www.youtube.co...
    iHeart Knives: www.youtube.co....
    Canadien Cutting Edge: www.youtube.co....

ความคิดเห็น • 7

• @BigRedEDC
    @BigRedEDC 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Excellent video brother! Looks like a very capable sharpening system!! Thank you very much for sharing!!

• @norwegiantinkerer4133
      @norwegiantinkerer4133  4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

It is a great system, and relatively easy to use.
      Thank you for watching, brother! 👊

• @paul_schuette
    @paul_schuette 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Those Tormek look like really nice systems. I’ve considered a getting a T-8 more than once over the past couple years. I would love to get one, but I would be using it in my unheated garage. I’ve heard that you have to be careful with the water that soaked into the wheel freezing, expanding, and cracking the stone. That would be a real bummer. Do you have any thoughts on that? As far as the video goes, excellent job! I really liked that you showed the process start to finish so people have an idea of exactly what’s involved for an average knife. That looked like a screaming sharp edge!

• @norwegiantinkerer4133
      @norwegiantinkerer4133  4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I haven't used my machine during the winter because of the risk of cracking, but a way to get around it would be to take the stone off and bring it inside to let it dry for a few hours.
      The Tormek is a great system, but it is very expensive. However I can see the financial benefits with using it in a sharpening business.
      Thank you for watching, I appreciate it very much.

• @paul_schuette
      @paul_schuette 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Norwegian tinkerer That’s a very good point about just bringing the wheel inside to dry. Hmmm... I may have to think about it again.

• @user-wr6wo6vr8r
    @user-wr6wo6vr8r 4 ปีที่แล้ว

How long have you had it for? I see you struggling a bit to keep the knife steady, you should watch some tutorials because they are really informational and have great tips and tricks which taught me a lot when I first started using my Tormek sharpener. Great video by the way 👍

• @norwegiantinkerer4133
      @norwegiantinkerer4133  4 ปีที่แล้ว

I've had it for a couple of years, but lately I've been sharpening mostly freehand. I experience some problems with the jig not sliding on the guide rail as smoothly as I'd like. I ned to see if I can lubricant it to fix that.
      Thank you for the feedback. Much appreciated! 👍