Spot Spraying Our Own Fields | Agri Spray Drones DJI T50

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 24 ก.ย. 2024
  • For a Drone Quote: bit.ly/ASD-how...
    Useful Information on Agri Spray Drones Knowledge Hub: knowledgebase....
    How Farms Work Store ► www.HowFarmsWo...
    Facebook ► on. YpS8oH
    Follow us on Snapchat: ► / howfarmswork
    Business Inquiries: howfarmswork@gmail.com
    CURRENT SCHEDULE
    Expect a new video every Wednesday and Sunday at 11AM Central!
    How Farms Work by Ryan Kuster is a TH-cam channel based in rural Potosi, Wisconsin. Our mission is to teach those who didn't grow up on a farm what the farming life is like. These videos show the Kuster family working together raising cattle and crops. We believe everyone who wants to know more about farming should be able to share the farming experience with us and we look to educate the world on many essential agriculture topics.
    How Farms Work takes place on ~1,100 acres with around 75-200 cattle at any given time. Four John Deere tractors are currently used on the farm, which are a 4020, 4640, 7600, and 8235R.
    Farm Hands:
    Karl

ความคิดเห็น • 42

• @AgriSprayDrones
    @AgriSprayDrones 8 วันที่ผ่านมา +6

Glad you're enjoying your T50!

• @hfff1
    @hfff1 3 วันที่ผ่านมา

Quite impressive! Quite nerve racking! Steep learning curve! Truly garbage in, garbage out, This is fun! Thanks Ryan

• @corinilfarms8854
    @corinilfarms8854 7 วันที่ผ่านมา +3

Very interesting, exciting to see new practices implemented.

• @greghamann2099
    @greghamann2099 8 วันที่ผ่านมา +3

So interesting Ryan. The camera work was unreal.

• @Blackwellll3066
    @Blackwellll3066 9 วันที่ผ่านมา +2

I personally love that ya have your own sprayer after all this can be stored in the barn without really taking up much room.

• @SimonKL11
    @SimonKL11 9 วันที่ผ่านมา +5

Having your own drone is very handy for small areas like that👍👍 nice video👍

• @rtz549
    @rtz549 9 วันที่ผ่านมา +4

I like those overhead shots of the fields.

• @digger5858
    @digger5858 9 วันที่ผ่านมา +7

Good video Ryan and good luck with your new drone.

• @TomTalley
    @TomTalley 9 วันที่ผ่านมา +3

Good one Ryan. I always enjoyed watching your drone shots before. You have a great deal of experience with flying them. Now you're putting them to work. Just another piece of equipment. Nice work.

• @patkelly7999
    @patkelly7999 2 วันที่ผ่านมา

Great job Ryan, well wear👌👍🙏😎

• @larrybg9293
    @larrybg9293 3 วันที่ผ่านมา

Good stuff

• @gastonbenvenuto5790
    @gastonbenvenuto5790 9 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

Un lujo! Que maravilla! Cuanto ayuda la tecnología! 👍🏼👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🙋🏻‍♂️🙋🏻‍♂️🙋🏻‍♂️🙋🏻‍♂️🚜🚜🚜🚜🚜

• @billwieland8497
    @billwieland8497 9 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

Thanks Ryan!

• @nashcobb3056
    @nashcobb3056 9 วันที่ผ่านมา +2

thank you

• @tucobenedicto109
    @tucobenedicto109 9 วันที่ผ่านมา +2

Nice great test to learn on!

• @rtz549
    @rtz549 9 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

Batteries will keep getting better and cheaper over time.

• @waterskiingfool
    @waterskiingfool 8 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

Pretty cool new toy. I'll like to see how it holds up. How long till the first crash?

• @thomasvogelgesang667
    @thomasvogelgesang667 9 วันที่ผ่านมา

Darn good video. It was interesting to watch. It is amazing just how much a drone can help out on a farm.

• @pascalhumphrey
    @pascalhumphrey 9 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

you should write up a check guide for every time you about to fly( spacing, speed, height, etc..). the only thing that should change i would thing would be GPM for different chemicals.

• @yvonnejohnson1557
    @yvonnejohnson1557 9 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

Do you get a lot of rotor wash with that things from Gary

• @larrysheriff8251
    @larrysheriff8251 9 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

Hey Ryan, Thank you for another Video I hope this helps Y'all. Take care, Take it Easy and trust JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• @homesteadingkosher1005
    @homesteadingkosher1005 8 วันที่ผ่านมา

@HowFarmsWork
    Hey Ryan, thanks for this series on the drone, very intriguing.
    I’m wondering though, what, besides win direction or lack of wind; is actually protecting you from inhaling or being unexpectedly dosed with the aerosolised herbicide/pesticide when/if the wind picks up?
    Also do you know or heard if EcoFlow generators would be suitable to provide quiet charging for the drone?

• @rtz549

Look into one of those PTO generators that runs off the tractor.

• @rtz549

Harbor Freight has one that is a beast for CHEAP. $2k cause it's just the generator head and not need a lawn mower engine. Set it up on a 3 point mount.

• @benjaminclingaman7551
    @benjaminclingaman7551 5 วันที่ผ่านมา

Hey Ryan can you brush hog areas that you sprayed

• @Greg_Gatsby
    @Greg_Gatsby 9 วันที่ผ่านมา

Like, Comment, and Subscribe!
    ✅✅✅

• @MorganOtt-ne1qj
    @MorganOtt-ne1qj 9 วันที่ผ่านมา

What is the break even point on the drone sprayer? In acre's, not time. JW, it looks like a good system.

• @1_lazy_farmer131
    @1_lazy_farmer131 9 วันที่ผ่านมา +2

What is your estimated ROI on cost of the drone?

• @HowFarmsWork
      @HowFarmsWork  9 วันที่ผ่านมา +7

By my math I’ve saved us over $6,500 in just late season spraying that I’ve done. Looking forward to next year!

• @TomTalley
      @TomTalley 9 วันที่ผ่านมา

​There is the raw quantity of the spraying and there is the added quality and timing. Easy to count acres, but as you get better at it, there are unique times and places and situations where you may find very effective opportunities to use the device. Good luck...I look forward to seeing your work. I saw the generator recommendation. Have you decided which one to get yet?​@@HowFarmsWork

• @paulsanders1373
      @paulsanders1373 9 วันที่ผ่านมา

@@HowFarmsWorkthats amazing what a savings so far!

• @ianhaggart1438
    @ianhaggart1438 9 วันที่ผ่านมา

Now remember no fancy flying through machinery with that drone... it wont be cheap to repair 😅.. hopefully the time saving itself is a saving for you.. do you have any flight restrictions around your area? We have a small airport and it 27 hrs notice to fly my phantom which can be a royal pain in the ass but its keeping those pilots safer in the air.. stay safe 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

• @Mikes_Repair
    @Mikes_Repair 9 วันที่ผ่านมา

How much does it cost to repair after a crash?

• @cthomas1864
    @cthomas1864 9 วันที่ผ่านมา

Don't you have a generator?

• @jeffreyhouston2043
    @jeffreyhouston2043 8 วันที่ผ่านมา

Seems really expensive for just small spot spraying.

• @HowFarmsWork
      @HowFarmsWork  8 วันที่ผ่านมา

That’s why I’m getting my hands on a generator so I can do all of our acres.

• @jwafarms
    @jwafarms 9 วันที่ผ่านมา +3

Hmm feel like buying an actual self propelled sprayer and doing all the passes rather then a coop would’ve been much better ROI

• @HowFarmsWork
      @HowFarmsWork  9 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

I intend to do as much as I can with it next year! I had several fields done solely with the drone this year but didn’t get mine until later in the summer. A new ground rig will run hundreds of thousands where a new drone is a fraction of that. I will have a much faster ROI with a drone than with any kind of ground rig.

• @PaulsonFarms
      @PaulsonFarms 9 วันที่ผ่านมา +3

@@HowFarmsWorkyou don’t need a brand new or several hundred thousand d dollar ground rig for 1000 acres. Can get by easily with a decent 30-40k rig and pay for itself in the first year alone. Not sure why everyone thinks they need new expensive stuff.

• @jwafarms
      @jwafarms 9 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

You don’t need a brand new sprayer. A lot of JD 4730/4830 for 100k and below. But if you can spray entire fields with the drone rather than just spot spraying maybe it makes sense. 80k to spray your entire farm multiple times a year instead of $8/$9 ac coop pays for itself quick. I’d buy a ground rig and keep the drone for fungicide!

• @jwafarms
      @jwafarms 9 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

@@HowFarmsWorkbut everybody’s farm is different, whatever works!