VW Volkswagen T1 Van Camper 1/24 Scale Model Kit Review Unboxing Revell 07674 Hippie Bus T2

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 29 มี.ค. 2021
  • www.modelroundup.com/W-T1-Van...
    #Scalemodel #vw #bus #ICM #Kit #Reviews #Plastic #Scale #Model #Models #AMT #Tamiya #TamiyaUSA #Revell #MPC #Academy #Italeri #Ford #Tank #Armor #Aoshima #Hobbyboss #Modelroundup #Tool #Tools #onedaybuilds #onedaybuild #tested #scalemodels #hpiguy #hpiguys #scalemodels #Scale_model #hobby #hobbies #2021 #model #models #modelling #scale #modeling #weathering #howto #diy #create #make #STEM #future #floor #polish #tutorial #decal #decals #waterslide #camper #t1 #volkswagen #van
    Features
    Multi-piece Chassis
    Wardrobe/Cabinets and back seats
    Window curtains and luggage racks
    Movable doors and camper stove
    EU and USA bumpers
    Molded in white, grey, clear with chrome plated parts and soft black tires
    Parts: 189
    The Volkswagen Type 2, known officially (depending on body type) as the Transporter, Kombi or Microbus, or, informally, as the Bus (US), Camper (UK) or Bulli (Germany), is a forward control light commercial vehicle introduced in 1950 by the German automaker Volkswagen as its second car model. Following - and initially deriving from - Volkswagen's first model, the Type 1 (Beetle), it was given the factory designation Type 2.[2]
    As one of the forerunners of the modern cargo and passenger vans, the Type 2 gave rise to forward control competitors in the United States in the 1960s, including the Ford Econoline, the Dodge A100, and the Chevrolet Corvair 95 Corvan, the latter adapting the rear-engine configuration of the Corvair car in the same manner in which the VW Type 2 adapted the Type 1 layout.
    European competition included the 1947-1981 Citroën H Van, the 1959-1980 Renault Estafette (both FF layout), and the 1953-1965 FR layout Ford Transit.
    Japanese manufacturers also introduced similar vehicles, such as the Nissan Caravan, Toyota LiteAce and Subaru Sambar.
    Like the Beetle, the van has received numerous nicknames worldwide, including the "microbus", "minibus",[3] and, because of its popularity during the counterculture movement of the 1960s, "Hippie van/bus" has become its most popular.
    Brazil contained the last factory in the world that produced the T2 series of Type 2, which ceased production on 31 December 2013, due to the introduction of more stringent safety regulations in the country.[4] This (after the 2002 termination of its T3 successor in South Africa) marked the end of the era of rear-engine Volkswagens, which originated in 1935 with their Type 1 prototypes.
    The first generation of the Volkswagen Type 2 with the split windshield, informally called the Microbus, Splitscreen, or Splittie among modern fans, was produced from 8 March 1950 through the end of the 1967 model year. From 1950 to 1956, the T1 (not called that at the time) was built in Wolfsburg; from 1956, it was built at the completely new Transporter factory in Hanover. Like the Beetle, the first Transporters used the 1100 Volkswagen air-cooled engine, an 1,131 cc (69.0 cu in), DIN-rated 18 kW (24 PS; 24 bhp), air-cooled flat-four-cylinder 'boxer' engine mounted in the rear. This was upgraded to the 1200 - an 1,192 cc (72.7 cu in) 22 kW (30 PS; 30 bhp) in 1953. A higher compression ratio became standard in 1955; while an unusual early version of the 30 kW (41 PS; 40 bhp) engine debuted exclusively on the Type 2 in 1959. Any 1959 models that retain that early engine today are true survivors. Since the engine was totally discontinued at the outset, no parts were ever made available.
    The early versions of the T1 until 1955 were often called the "Barndoor"[14][15] (retrospectively called T1a since the 1990s), owing to the enormous rear engine cover, while the later versions with a slightly modified body (the roofline above the windshield is extended), smaller engine bay, and 15" roadwheels instead of the original 16" ones are nowadays called the T1b (again, only called this since the 1990s, based on VW's retrospective T1,2,3,4 etc. naming system.). From the 1964 model year, when the rear door was made wider (same as on the bay-window or T2), the vehicle could be referred to as the T1c. 1964 also saw the introduction of an optional sliding door for the passenger/cargo area instead of the outwardly hinged doors typical of cargo vans.
    In 1962, a heavy-duty Transporter was introduced as a factory option. It featured a cargo capacity of 1,000 kg (2,205 lb) instead of the previous 750 kg (1,653 lb), smaller but wider 14" roadwheels, and a 1.5 L, 31 kW (42 PS; 42 bhp) DIN engine. This was so successful that only a year later, the 750 kg, 1.2 L Transporter was discontinued. The 1963 model year introduced the 1500 engine - 1,493 cc (91.1 cu in) as standard equipment to the US market at 38 kW (52 PS; 51 bhp) DIN with an 83 mm (3.27 in) bore, 69 mm (2.72 in) stroke, and 7.8:1 compression ratio. When the Beetle received the 1.5 L engine for the 1967 model year, its power was increased to 40 kW (54 PS; 54 bhp) DIN.
  • ยานยนต์และพาหนะ

ความคิดเห็น • 132

• @randytaylor1258
    @randytaylor1258 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Sweet look at a lovely little kit. Some figures sitting in chairs around a fire and you have a simple diorama.

• @jasongriffin8849
    @jasongriffin8849 2 ปีที่แล้ว

I finally got this kit 11 months after watching this unboxing video. Had to watch it again!

• @JDsHouseofHobbies
    @JDsHouseofHobbies 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I used to work with a guy named Frank. He had a restored VW camper that was turquoise with a tan interior. I should get this and build it for him.

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for watching!

• @garyparker2969
    @garyparker2969 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Man ALIVE They're NOT Playing When They State THIS a Level 5. WOWSERZZ TONS OF DETAILS !!!! Thanks For Sharing Chris n God Bless All.

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

No doubt! Thanks for watching!

• @rayst.pierre4499
    @rayst.pierre4499 3 ปีที่แล้ว +4

My only complaint is no chrome bumpers.
    A Kool kit that requires skill!!!

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for watching!

• @danbailey8182
    @danbailey8182 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

That kit is unbelievable.

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for watching!

• @CH3NO2Semonious
    @CH3NO2Semonious 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I'm building a replica of my 1965 Chevy Travel Cruiser van. 1965 was first year Chevy built a pop top type camper van "in house" and only eleven of them were built to test the reaction of the buying public. I'm using an aftermarket resin 1965 Chevy van body on a Little red wagon chassis. But until now had no idea where I was going to find jalousie windows for it, So thank you for this review, and Thank you Revell for making such a great looking kit That a replica of my old VW bus is going to be next!

• @jack0cat
    @jack0cat 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

My dream vehicle. I had a 68 bug I did a pan-off restoration.
    I built the 1/16 scale model the samba bus. What Wonderful build.

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for watching!

• @THROTTLEPOWER
    @THROTTLEPOWER 3 ปีที่แล้ว +6

Nice unboxing! You can do soooo much with that kit, it's a MUST have!! 👍👍👍

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

It really is!

• @PBsRetroRestorations
    @PBsRetroRestorations 3 ปีที่แล้ว +3

I started this one about 4 or so months ago Chris and I really wish I’d been able to see you build this one before I started mine, it’s tricky! I’ve learned so much from your videos, really appreciate it.

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

You can do it!

• @davidhinkson8856
    @davidhinkson8856 3 ปีที่แล้ว +6

Gotta add this to the shopping list to go with my 23-window Microbus.

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Ennjoy!

• @deborahchesser7375
      @deborahchesser7375 3 ปีที่แล้ว

The real ones are worth what, $100k now ?

• @haaselhoff7169
    @haaselhoff7169 3 ปีที่แล้ว +8

I’ve been waiting to see this model get done!

• @od1452
    @od1452 3 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Revell Germany make some great kits. All you need are surfboards!

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Yes they do!

• @maryfiltz800
    @maryfiltz800 3 ปีที่แล้ว +4

So many neat things included with this one. Always thought it would be fun to have one of these.

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks!

• @bobham1061
    @bobham1061 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Ah, a skill level 5, now were cook'n with gas. I just got mine today. Thanks for posting the un boxing.

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Hope you enjoy!

• @feralcatbrothers
    @feralcatbrothers 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Wow, wow, and wow again - incredible!

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thanks for watching!

• @k1e2n3w4
    @k1e2n3w4 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

come on...Let's see the build!

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Looking forward to seeing your pics of the build! Post them up to the hpiguys Facebook page!

• @williamvanparys6858
    @williamvanparys6858 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I bought one awhile back... I can hardly wait to build it... Thanks for sharing Chris...

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Have fun!

• @doublenickelbob
    @doublenickelbob 3 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Can't wait to get this one, I just ordered three. Great videos Chris, keep em coming, I'll keep watching.

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Enjoy it!

• @Funsho97
    @Funsho97 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Wow, can't wait to see this one. I have a brother-in-law that had an early 70s VW camper, it was red and white and was our party wagon, Lol.

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Hope you enjoy it!

• @Juan_Rivera835
    @Juan_Rivera835 3 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Oh nice, got to get this kit, went camping as a teen in one of these brings back fond memories👍

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Cool1

• @charlesmcclure5994
    @charlesmcclure5994 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Man Chris that's a highly detailed kit looks good it even looks like you could drive away in it and go camping 👍👍

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

It really is!

• @teddyjones8027
    @teddyjones8027 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC THANK YOU

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

You are very welcome!

• @ronroberts2453
    @ronroberts2453 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Thanks for this unboxing, this looks like a great kit!

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

It really is!

• @davidparker2259
    @davidparker2259 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Looking forward to building mine, and watching you build yours.

• @Tedthechow
    @Tedthechow 3 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Chris please please please build this

• @1955mouse
    @1955mouse 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

awesome kit chris,should be a major build-up, have done a 1/16 scale of one of these, lotsa details!

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Yeah!

• @bigbow62
    @bigbow62 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Looks like a top level kit... ✌😎
    Plenty of parts & choices !
    Thank you for the video ☺

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

No problem 👍

• @EpicConspiracy
    @EpicConspiracy 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I’ve been a Lego guy for years. But now I’ve built all the adult big expensive sets and have been binging your videos for weeks. I think it’s time to step into the modeling hobby.

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Enjoy your new hobby!

• @bigcharliesmodelgarage296
    @bigcharliesmodelgarage296 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Cool kit. Great review. Thanks for sharing Chris.

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thanks for watching!

• @jonathangodwin9410
    @jonathangodwin9410 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Sweet looking ride with lots to do to or with!

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

You got that right!

• @dwaynewatson4279
    @dwaynewatson4279 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Looks like a great kit Chris thank you for sharing

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for watching!

• @Johan_Degen
    @Johan_Degen 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I've built the closed van version of this model. Fitment and detail is awesome. One of the best Revell kits around 👍👍

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

It sure is!

• @jimanderson4271
    @jimanderson4271 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thank you again for spending my money 😏. Great video, this kit has been on my list for awhile

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Hope you enjoy it!

• @southern_angel
    @southern_angel 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Sweet kit my buddy just got his thanks for sharing

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

No problem 👍

• @chassegallerie2910
    @chassegallerie2910 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Pretty.

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for watching!

• @dominikw8820
    @dominikw8820 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

A really well made kit, I love it and bought it after launching in Germany. So many styrene, that it won't fit back in the box after unpacking 😄.
    Now I'm waiting, what you are making with it.

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for watching!

• @michaelcooke2559
    @michaelcooke2559 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

A good review of a very impressive model kit.

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for watching!

• @frankderryberry1412
    @frankderryberry1412 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Wowzza

• @jlcotton19681
      @jlcotton19681 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

That's why they call it Stash. 😊

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for watching!

• @mikesmodels2830
    @mikesmodels2830 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I bought one but haven't started it yet, can't wait though should be a fun build!

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for watching!

• @RimsModels
    @RimsModels 3 ปีที่แล้ว

excellent review my friend looks a really well detailed kit thanks for sharing

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thanks for watching!

• @chrislongbeard
    @chrislongbeard 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

This will look good next to the R-M Vanagon camper

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for watching!

• @charlespalavros6952
    @charlespalavros6952 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Wow huge kit going to grab me 1

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Enjoy!

• @I.Live4oldcars.prospecting
    @I.Live4oldcars.prospecting 2 ปีที่แล้ว

This such a awesome kit. I'm yet to buy it.

• @SmallADVentures1973
    @SmallADVentures1973 3 ปีที่แล้ว +4

I picked one of these up last week, thanks, Chris! I hadn't opened it to look yet. Are you going to do a build video on this one? (Please?)

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Not sure yet. Thanks for watching!

• @donaldfinley2829
    @donaldfinley2829 3 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Just wondering if this will get a full build video. I already have the kit. Love watching what you do with them. Learn a lot of cool tips and tricks watching your builds. My most common problem is color choices.

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

We'll see, I never say no.

• @randytaylor1258

@@hpiguy If you want to focus on a special technique, how about using paint to simulate al that interior woodwork?

• @lilypondgarage2968
    @lilypondgarage2968 2 ปีที่แล้ว

That thing is intense

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  2 ปีที่แล้ว

It is!

• @rustyksradrodzgarage7087
    @rustyksradrodzgarage7087 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Love your videos...I just got this kit!! Did you build it? How was it? Would love to see how it turned out.

• @mitchmichalec7619
    @mitchmichalec7619 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Will you be doing a build of this one soon? Love the channel.

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Not soon, no. Thanks!

• @BOABModels
    @BOABModels 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Great unboxing. I made the Samba bus kit which this was based on last year. It's definitely not for beginners! I love the look of the interior with the plaid, curtains and kitchen. Amazing.
    I think there are more seats on this kit than you need as they have kept some sprues from the older kit.

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Awesome! Thank you!

• @tint661
    @tint661 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

At 4:09 on your video, those are the heater/defroster tubes. Those tubes carry hot air from the engine fan up to the front of a real VW bus for the heat / window defroster. Those tubes rust most of the time and you will not get any heat or warm air to defrost the windshield. The Chevrolet Corvair worked the same as VW. Ralph Nader deemed the Corvair unsafe at any speed because he said engine exhaust was being pumped into the car that way. They never really did much about VW vehicles. Go figure.

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks!

• @Cimmerian415
    @Cimmerian415 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Greetings Chris, so are you going to do a build video on this kit ?

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Not sure yet. Thanks for watching!

• @gunnarbiker
    @gunnarbiker 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I'd love to build this kit as the Libyan van from Back to the Future!

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

I don't know how they found me!

• @cknight725
    @cknight725 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

That’s not exhaust tubing in the pan, those are the cabin heater riser tubes 👍

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

You are correct

• @bttfdmc1984
    @bttfdmc1984 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Haven’t built a model in a while but might pick this up for that price point and custom it as the panel but slam it to the ground.

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Yeah, if this was a Japanese kit it would be $80. Crazy how nice the price on this is!

• @bttfdmc1984
      @bttfdmc1984 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@hpiguy yeah even if not built at that price point it’s still a heck of a deal and it’s around if not slightly cheaper than a pre-built diecast version with less opening parts in a 3 in 1 type of kit. Also the parts not used in main build could be used in a parts store diorama/display. I know you have so much on your plate with models but I really hope to see you build this up one day.

• @domidowi2105
    @domidowi2105 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi, many thanks for all videos, you are so great. Do you think to do this model, I love it, have a nice day

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  2 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks a lot!

• @ianmunslow5675
    @ianmunslow5675 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

This really is on my to do list , don’t know why revell don’t put those curtains in their truck kits

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for watching!

• @shaunxthexmod777
    @shaunxthexmod777 3 ปีที่แล้ว

i want one!

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Enjoy! Thanks!

• @marksmodelworx
    @marksmodelworx 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

How do you confuse a Brit? Post a new video so it shows on their subscription on Wednesday morning instead of Wednesday night, so he spends the first hour of his day thinking it’s Thursday!! In other news though, I’ve been thinking of getting one of those, thanks for the review.

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

LOL, there will be a full build video as usual today to set you back on track. Enjoy!

• @asoscalemodels5044
    @asoscalemodels5044 3 ปีที่แล้ว

This kit seems very fun :) And nicely detailed, chassis apart (the exhaust mold in the chassis... why???) But I think this kit will join my pile one day :)

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

It's heater pipes. A kind viewer corrected me.

• @randytaylor1258

Heater piping goes forward, exhaust goes rearward.

• @SouthernCrossMotors
    @SouthernCrossMotors 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

What an awesome kit. Would love to have a go at it. Are you building it?
    By the way they are heater pipes underneath not exhaust 😀.

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

That makes more sense than exhaust since the engine is already in the back! Thanks!

• @freedomring4813
    @freedomring4813 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I want a 65 VW bug model.

• @copsrobertsokl5127
    @copsrobertsokl5127 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I'm disappointed Chris I was hoping you would do the full build😢😢

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Well, can't make everyone happy all the time. Thanks for watching!

• @Jay-en3mu
    @Jay-en3mu 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Is it normal to buy kits faster than you can build one?? I wanna add this to my collection and I haven't finished any of the last 5 I have bought LOL!

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

100% normal. Continue.

• @jlcotton19681
      @jlcotton19681 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

That's why they call it 'Stash'. 😊

• @garyparker2969
      @garyparker2969 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I'd GO with Both of The Answers Above just To Be Cooolll ,,,,🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

• @erwinwoensdregt
    @erwinwoensdregt 3 ปีที่แล้ว

4:08 in not the exhaust but heating hoses

• @RJDCR
    @RJDCR 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

me like'em
    RJ

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for watching!

• @spencermorrow2899
    @spencermorrow2899 2 ปีที่แล้ว

The real buses bumpers were never chrome/silver they were most off white color

• @Pozer714
    @Pozer714 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Another really cool model I'd love for you to build for us!

• @hpiguy
      @hpiguy  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Maybe one day!