Is this 2024 Best Upgrade for Bonneville? Works with Speed Twin, T100, T120!

āđāļŠāļĢāđŒ
āļāļąāļ‡
  • āđ€āļœāļĒāđāļžāļĢāđˆāđ€āļĄāļ·āđˆāļ­ 21 āļĄāļĩ.āļ„. 2024
  • Today, Longride teams up with Triumph France to bring you a quick how-to guide for Bonneville, Speed Twin, and Street Twin owners. This might just be the most significant upgrade you can make to your Triumph motorcycle. Unlock long-distance adventures while elevating your Triumph's style with the only luggage that's worthy of its character: Longride saddlebags.
    In this video, we'll walk you through the process of installing our Classic Triumph saddlebag holders. Be sure to stick around until the end to see how stunning it looks.
    Please note: a torque wrench of known accurate calibration is preferable to tighten the fasteners to the correct torque specification. The torque specs are found in the manual that comes with your Triumph motorcycle - they can also be found online.
    Purchase your Triumph saddlebag holders here:
    longride.com/collections/triu...
    The saddlebag featured in the video is the Racer SK in khaki (with a quick-release system!):
    longride.com/collections/soft...
    Wondering if we have a system for your Triumph? Check what's available here:
    longride.com/collections/triu...
    Once you've installed the saddlebag holders, simply pick your favorite saddlebags:
    longride.com/collections/soft...
    ðŸ”ĨSubscribe for more inspiring classic motorcycle customization content and stay tuned for our latest luggage upgrades. We'll cover your motorcycle sooner or later! 🏍ïļ
  • āļĒāļēāļ™āļĒāļ™āļ•āđŒāđāļĨāļ°āļžāļēāļŦāļ™āļ°

āļ„āļ§āļēāļĄāļ„āļīāļ”āđ€āļŦāđ‡āļ™ • 11

• @user-hx6tw6tx1n
    @user-hx6tw6tx1n 2 āļŦāļĨāļēāļĒāđ€āļ”āļ·āļ­āļ™āļāđˆāļ­āļ™

A mechanical detail of assembly, I think that the bolt that holds the shock absorber has its washer directly under the bolt head. You must adjust the shock absorber support bolt to 28 nm. The saddlebags look beautiful, I have mounted the SW_Motech Legend Gear.

• @benschofield7565
    @benschofield7565 2 āļŦāļĨāļēāļĒāđ€āļ”āļ·āļ­āļ™āļāđˆāļ­āļ™

Lovely bags and really good system(SK), but I had to bend mine so that they weren't contacting the rear shocks. Seems a bit shoddy given the price.

• @mark222b
    @mark222b 2 āļŦāļĨāļēāļĒāđ€āļ”āļ·āļ­āļ™āļāđˆāļ­āļ™

my holder's paint started peeling off where the saddle back mounts in less than a year, and rubbed against my street twin springs.

• @the.longride
      @the.longride  2 āļŦāļĨāļēāļĒāđ€āļ”āļ·āļ­āļ™āļāđˆāļ­āļ™ +1

Hi! If upon installation the holders end up touching the springs, you can bend the holders away from the motorcycle to create a safe distance. It won't damage the holders if you shape them this way once.

• @FunWithAJ
    @FunWithAJ 2 āļŦāļĨāļēāļĒāđ€āļ”āļ·āļ­āļ™āļāđˆāļ­āļ™

No torque specs?

• @the.longride
      @the.longride  2 āļŦāļĨāļēāļĒāđ€āļ”āļ·āļ­āļ™āļāđˆāļ­āļ™

Good point, will update the video description, we have to recommand checking the Triumph manual that comes with the motorcycle for exact Torque figures, as the saddlebag holders work across several Triumphs, and over several year models. If we find out that the same specs works across all models, we will update the video accordingly. Thanks!

• @fabiopunk1661
    @fabiopunk1661 2 āļŦāļĨāļēāļĒāđ€āļ”āļ·āļ­āļ™āļāđˆāļ­āļ™ +3

The best upgrade would be a saddle not as stupidly uncomfortable as the original

• @the.longride
      @the.longride  2 āļŦāļĨāļēāļĒāđ€āļ”āļ·āļ­āļ™āļāđˆāļ­āļ™ +1

Sure is a good suggestion to change the seat before embarking on longer rides too...thank you.

• @murrayedgar4791
      @murrayedgar4791 2 āļŦāļĨāļēāļĒāđ€āļ”āļ·āļ­āļ™āļāđˆāļ­āļ™

early on I found it uncomfortable, but after 20K it seems just fine for 450-500km. Maybe my butt has adapted??

• @fabiopunk1661
      @fabiopunk1661 2 āļŦāļĨāļēāļĒāđ€āļ”āļ·āļ­āļ™āļāđˆāļ­āļ™

@@murrayedgar4791 I think so!

• @jonr1122
    @jonr1122 2 āļŦāļĨāļēāļĒāđ€āļ”āļ·āļ­āļ™āļāđˆāļ­āļ™

No