2016 Triumph Bonneville T120

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 12 ส.ค. 2020
  • -
    Welcome to my review of the current generation Triumph Bonneville T120, an iconic machine with a rich history here in the United States.
    Here is the rental link if you’d like to take this T120 out for a run in the Virginia countryside.
    www.riders-share.com/listing/...
    Here is the link to my written review of the Triumph T120.
    atastefortheroad.com/2016-tri...
    -
    Subscribe to our website:
    Be the first to know when new reviews of cars, motorcycles, independent coffee shops, farm-to-table cafes, restaurants, family wineries, breweries, and artisanal distilleries get published:
    -
    Music:
    / contemplate
    To David Cutter - thank you for making your music available to projects like this one. Much appreciated.
    -
    Follow Me:
    Instagram: / atastefortheroad
    Facebook: / atastefortheroad
    -
    Thank you for watching A Taste for the Road. You may also enjoy videos by Harry’s Garage, Carfection, The Missenden Fly, Itchy Boots, and MotoTrek.
    -
    #triumph #motovlogger #atastefortheroad
  • ยานยนต์และพาหนะ

ความคิดเห็น • 29

• @dseagull3567
    @dseagull3567 3 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Excellent and mature review of a great gentleman's ride. I have the 2017 T120 Black and just passed 10K miles of trouble-free recreation. Change oil and filter at the end of each riding season and just put new tires on her at just shy of 9,500 miles. For those that are running a T100/T120, I can highly recommend the Continental Road Attack 3 tires to replace the OEM Pirelli's.

• @atastefortheroad4475
      @atastefortheroad4475  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Doug - thank you for commenting and it's great to hear you're enjoying your T120. Funny you should mention the Continental RA3s. I'll be reviewing a Street Twin tomorrow and the owner has these updated shoes. I'm looking forward to testing them. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Cheers.

• @asacarrick1440
    @asacarrick1440 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Just stepped up to T120 after turning in 140,000Km. on my wonderful 2017 T100. The T 120 is the better bike on 3 counts
    i) Delicious surge of power when you need it
    ii) Fantastic twin Brembo front brakes
    iii) Exceptional light system particularly headlamp main and dipped.
    Haven't sold T100 yet but I know some fellows have a wife and a mistress and I am in love x 2

• @roverchap
    @roverchap 3 ปีที่แล้ว +5

A lovely green part of the USA - almost like England. The Bonnie will feel at home then, except for being on the wrong side of the road!

• @atastefortheroad4475

We've had quite a bit of rain this summer season so everything is very green - which is unusual.

• @tsmgguy
    @tsmgguy 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Enjoyed the ride, thanks! I have the same bike, a black and white 2016 T120. Love it. The transmission did fail at the end of the first year. Wouldn't downshift. It was fixed under warranty and has been silky smooth ever since. Geared up, I probably weigh 25 lbs. more than you do. I find the stock suspension to be well suited to my needs, and I've made no changes to it. I found the stock Pirelli tires to be good on the straights and in gentle curves, but a bit vague and unpredictable when leaning more deeply. A set of Avon AM26s greatly improved handling.

• @paulsmith3487
    @paulsmith3487 6 หลายเดือนก่อน

Great road,great country,no traffic,similar to s.e.australia,green after plenty of rain,great video,cheers!

• @atastefortheroad4475
      @atastefortheroad4475  6 หลายเดือนก่อน

Agreed - thanks for commenting. Happy New Year!

• @petewebb6952
    @petewebb6952 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

That was a very pleasant, relaxed, presentation thank you. They are beautiful bikes and take a passenger especially with a back rest. I traded mine towards a Speed Twin for the present, for more local, spirited as you put it, riding. Other reasons for the change to Speed Twin is that its 30 kg (66 lbs) lighter and easy to look after. The T120 is more comfortable for those longer trips; although Speed Twin is a more interesting ride in my opinion.

• @atastefortheroad4475
      @atastefortheroad4475  3 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Having experienced both machines, I completely understand your perspective. I think Triumph has done a very good job separating each bike within the Modern Classics range. Buyers have a real choice - and that's a great thing!

• @TonyDeCarlo
    @TonyDeCarlo 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Very nice review. I have the same T120 and I ride in the same area. It looks like some of your footage was on Snickersville Turnpike in Loudoun county Va.
    I have a wind screen and Triumph saddle bags on my T120. I purchased it used with just over 8k miles. I love the heated grips. The T120 is the perfect bike for back roads and weekend trips to Skyline Drive. 👍

• @atastefortheroad4475
      @atastefortheroad4475  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Tony - thank you for commenting. Snickersville, 626 to The Plains, and others have become my default filming locations. The T120 is a compelling machine. Enjoy and Happy Holidays!

• @johnmartin7158
    @johnmartin7158 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi ! I have the 2019 T120 Bonneville. Awesomely happy I am. Comfort personified. I have now fitted the Metzeler Premium road tec01 and they have made the world of difference. Also adjusted the foot brake up and put a rack at the back.
    I plan to keep men for as long as can be. I am 63 now.
    Also I have an XMax Yamaha scooter.
    Auckland. NZ

• @atastefortheroad4475

John - the T120 is a very comfortable machine and a tire swap does make a BIG difference. With the rack you can take some nice trips. Enjoy!

• @johnmartin7158
      @johnmartin7158 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@atastefortheroad4475 Tnx a million for the reply. Correction to my post. Typo. I meant to say, I plan to keep the bike 🏍 for as long as can be. Also I installed side mirrors.

• @Lar308
    @Lar308 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Nice review - my 2017 T120 has 6,500 Km up on it now and has been flawless. You have to keep up with the polishing though as those engine casings require constant tlc. I prefer to use mine on dry roads only. This is designed as a luxury toy rather than a regular mode of transport so I feel you have to be prepared to molly coddle it a bit. I think I spend just as much time polishing it in the garage as riding it.

• @atastefortheroad4475

If I had one I'd really enjoy keeping it spiffy and bright too. There is a lot to enjoy with this machine. Thanks for commenting and enjoy the rest of your week.

• @gerardomixcoatl8424
    @gerardomixcoatl8424 3 ปีที่แล้ว

What is the brand of you jacket? Please !!

• @atastefortheroad4475

Gerardo - thank you for subbing. My jacket and suit were made by Vanson, an American company based in Fall River, MA. Superb leathers. Happy Holidays. Here is the link: vansonleathers.com

• @pennsyltuckyden9823
    @pennsyltuckyden9823 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

My 2018 T100 has been very reliable, engine has plenty of torque and the transmission is silky smooth, clutch is very light, suspension is firm yet comfortable. You can take a quick look at it on my channel if you like, thanks.

• @atastefortheroad4475

Glad to hear you've had a great experience w/your T100! Will do on checking out your channel.

• @pennsyltuckyden9823
      @pennsyltuckyden9823 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@atastefortheroad4475 Thank you I really do appreciate it

• @atastefortheroad4475

@@pennsyltuckyden9823 My pleasure. Have a great weekend.

• @georgeblumenthal7938
    @georgeblumenthal7938 ปีที่แล้ว

Did I see belt driven?

• @paulowens6004
    @paulowens6004 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Countryside very British looking, only the yellow lines in the middle of the road gives it away that its Americay. Oh and the fact its not raining. I would have liked you to have shown us its exceleration capabilities and maybe a roll on from different speeds and gears. You just tootled along the whole video at 40/60 mph, haven't a clue what its like at higher speeds etc. Enjoy your relaxed style. Hope im not being to critical.🤔👍

• @atastefortheroad4475

Paul - thank you for commenting. As there are many other videos on the T120, my focus was on other areas of the machine and its experience. The T120 is a gentleman's cruiser and happiest at 5/10ths, hence my choice of riding style. All the best.

• @niranjandas4426
    @niranjandas4426 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Only front side video taken, side view would have been better

• @atastefortheroad4475

Hi Niranjan - I film solo and therefore other shots are more challenging. I like the primary shot on the side of my helmet for connecting w/my audience. Thanks for commenting.