--
    MUSIC
    Purple Kicks by Ezzy
    San Jose by Silver Girl
    Good Morning by Wavcrush
    Do it all Again by Indoorcat
    Naiti by lwfi
    *Licensed from allam.co/musicbed - first month free with code: JOEALLAM
    If you're a music producer, please get in touch - I'm always looking for new artists!
    --
    In this video, I'm exploring Chinatown to the full. With multiple laps around Yaowarat Road and surrounding areas down to the riverside, I just keep going and going throughout the day and into the evening!
    Chinatown has easily been the busiest and most active area of Bangkok, with so many photo opportunities almost everywhere you look, both day and night.
    Continue watching the rest of the Bangkok travel photography series: • Staying in Chinatown, ...
    --
    My latest vlogs - • VLOGS
    --
    HOW I MAKE MY CONTENT
    * Editing software - allam.co/ppcc
    Joe Allam Lightroom Presets - allam.co/presets
    Joe Allam LUTs - allam.co/cine-scenes
    Joe Allam Titles - allam.co/base-titles
    Create your own store - allam.co/start-selling (use code "JOE" for 10% off)
    --
    VIEW ALL MY CAMERA GEAR
    allam.co/gear
    * 4K Vlog Camera + Lens + Mic
    Camera - allam.co/r5
    Lens - allam.co/rf24-70
    Mic - allam.co/vmntg
    * FUJIFILM Photography Cameras + Lens
    Camera - allam.co/x-t4
    Favourite lens - allam.co/35mmf2
    Versatile lens - allam.co/16-80mm
    --
    * = Any links marked with an asterisk are uniquely affiliated with me via programs such as Amazon Associates and other affiliate programs. I may receive a small commission for any qualifying purchases made via these links, at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!
    --
    WANT TO WORK WITH JOE ALLAM? - press@joeallam.co.uk
    #Photography #Travel #TravelPhotography #Bangkok #StreetPhotography

ความคิดเห็น • 54

• @LacusCarmen852
    @LacusCarmen852 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Chill Music + Travel + Street Photo = Joe Allam
    Happy to see you Joe~

• @futc.photography
    @futc.photography 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Love these videos so much 🥰 amazing images as always!

• @curtishall8208
    @curtishall8208 2 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Great photography and vibe -- and your night shots have an especially magical feel

• @joeallam
      @joeallam  2 ปีที่แล้ว

Thank you! I have a night vlog coming from this area sometime soon too!

• @sue.Holmes1960
    @sue.Holmes1960 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Loving the moped night shots 👌

• @1inkedchick
    @1inkedchick 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Great video! Looking forward to the night time shoot!

• @ripplestreet
    @ripplestreet 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Enjoyed this! I love Bangkok

• @VolkerStetter
    @VolkerStetter 2 ปีที่แล้ว +9

Thank you for that video, i love Bangkok and i hope to be back in November to explore the Streets with my "new" Fuji X100V :-) My favorite areas to take pictures are of course Chinatown and Talad Noi.

• @joeallam
      @joeallam  2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I hope your trip happens - the X100V will fit in perfectly!

• @larshultberg6972
    @larshultberg6972 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Great video. I’m going there, to Thailand and China Town, at the end of June. Your videos are inspiring

• @DJDelGrande
    @DJDelGrande ปีที่แล้ว

Lovely area to shoot. And I’m thrilled to see a FujiFilm photog out there. Well done

• @LucKerklaan
    @LucKerklaan 2 ปีที่แล้ว

The meet up was fun. I enjoyed meeting you and Elly.

• @smaruzzi
    @smaruzzi 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks Joe. Planning to visit Bangkok in October 2022

• @volkerjansen3901
    @volkerjansen3901 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

That mirror shot at 5:13 ... Love it!

• @joeallam

Good spot! ✌️ My favourite was the one of the guys playing the board game (unsure of its name) at 0:24. Think I'll experiment more with the fast run-through with the camera in slo-mo in some future videos - the effect is kinda mesmerising!

• @ByteReview
    @ByteReview 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

High 30’s sounds intense for walking around 🥵 Great video, love some of these shots! P.S - I just picked up an X-E4 :)

• @Luigi13
    @Luigi13 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Hello Joe Allan, your channel has a lot of interesting city travels and images which is very enjoyable to watch it. The Fujifilm 16-80 F4 when it first came out there where complaints about its sharpness, have you found such issues with your copy of the lens? I own the Fujifilm 18-135 variable aperture it is good, but there are distortions at the wide end of the lens. I am hesitating if I should try the 16-80 F4 with the 72mm diameter. Any thoughts? Cheers.

• @thastayapongsak4422
    @thastayapongsak4422 2 ปีที่แล้ว

I suggest you go to parks next. Lumphini park, Benjakitti park, Chatuchak park and the ones around it, etc. You could get some skyline shots with a green foreground.

• @Havenotats
    @Havenotats 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

oh man... 38 degrees + a mask is a killer combo

• @solarsoundsystem
    @solarsoundsystem 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Looking forward to the nighttime vlog! Cheers for using one of my tracks in you Penang video way back BTW 😊

• @joeallam
      @joeallam  2 ปีที่แล้ว

Ayyyy, great find! That's one of my most memorable vlogs as well! Thanks for the great track - hope you're doing well!

• @laurelb8372
    @laurelb8372 2 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Love your photos, envious of the warm weather as we chill here in Melbourne with 11deg. I usually use 35mm or the 18-55 kit lens on XT2 for street, do you find that zoom much heavier?

• @joeallam

Thanks! Funnily enough, the hottest weather I've ever been out shooting in was in Melbourne when it reached 40º+. The dryness made it pretty comfortable, but the flies did not! With lens size and weight, it doesn't really bother me all too much. I've pretty much always got a bag, so I'll carry whichever really.

• @thephotolifestyleblog
    @thephotolifestyleblog 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Love it mate! Loved my silhouette cameo appearance, your audience definitely don’t need or want to see my face hahaha 🤣 great shots, great vibes!! Come back soon 😝👍

• @joeallam

Haha! You'll have a full face cameo when I edit the flower market/night vlog soon! ✌️ It's a fun vibe though, you'll love it!

• @thephotolifestyleblog
      @thephotolifestyleblog 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@joeallam oh man! All I can say is sorry to all of your viewers haha 😂 excited to see it though dude 😁👍

• @pressureworld1
    @pressureworld1 8 หลายเดือนก่อน

Joe, which of your lightroom presets did you use for this set?

• @Forestiso
    @Forestiso 2 ปีที่แล้ว +9

One of my fears while attempting street photography is people being in them - has anyone ever come up and told you to delete a photo they were in the background of?

• @cliveeariss880
      @cliveeariss880 2 ปีที่แล้ว +5

Hello Samantha, no never had a problem with this issue, most of all be relaxed, be your self, and dont have big lenses,
      have a coffee and your blend in with the crowd, all the best and good luck, a 35 or 50mm lens is really cool to use.

• @springrollwang4441
      @springrollwang4441 2 ปีที่แล้ว +5

I've pressed shutter 60,000 times past 2 years, had about 10 confrontations, bcs some of my photo are within 5 meters or even closer and the subject is the only focus. No background people ever come to me ask to delete photos. Also the confrontation isn't bad at all, I just delete the photo and move on. more than 100 ask me to send photos to them. With his style, I don't think people will be bothered at all.

• @HwL01
      @HwL01 2 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Yes I have this fear too, or when they just stare at you when they noticed you. I got yelled at before but no one asked me to delete.

• @joeallam
      @joeallam  2 ปีที่แล้ว +6

Great tips! I haven't ever had anyone disgruntled approach me, but as mentioned my style isn't really all too close and I like to sense a respectful vibe before taking images anyway. On the flipside though, I've shown my images to people and they've loved it. You can see their thought transition from "what's so interesting about what I'm doing?" to "oh, that's actually pretty cool!"

• @cliveeariss880
      @cliveeariss880 2 ปีที่แล้ว +2

@@HwL01 If someone stares at you, just turn and walkway it's time to just be ready to click another subject, don't rush and take.your time.

• @zacharypump5910
    @zacharypump5910 2 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I recognize it’s always tricky / subjective when commenting on someone else’s art. I do love many of these images, however there’s something tiring about sniping people over and over again in the same alley, street, market aisle shot. Maybe this is an artifact of someone who only takes one focal length for the day, but I would hope to see way more variety and shots of the context, broader city scapes that actually show more of Bangkok itself and its character. I think this is why I personally find primes fun, but almost never take them on a real trip to somewhere new… that said, even with a 50mm prime you can still find a high vantage point to take a city scape or “wider feel” shot

• @LouisLuzuka
    @LouisLuzuka 2 ปีที่แล้ว +4

What focal length do you usually reach for and if you could pick one camera and one lens what would u pack! I’m travelling to Philippines in September but I’m not sure what to bring I want one film camera and one mirrorless

• @joeallam
      @joeallam  2 ปีที่แล้ว +3

I’m usually loving the Fuji 35mmF2 primarily, but they’re super light so I don’t mind if it’s in addition to something like the 16-80mmF4. I absolutely loved the Philippines! Would love to return one day…

• @LouisLuzuka
      @LouisLuzuka 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@joeallam oo is that full frame? I have the eos m with 22mm (35mm equivalent) and 10-18mm / 15-45mm which is a great combo you're right 🙏🏽❤️ my fear is that once I start bringing more I'm gonna want to bring my 55-250mm then might as well bring the 55mm 1.2 or 135mm 😭😭 I wanna bring all the things! Do you use any tele lenses for street ? Thank you so much 👑☺️ I can't wait it's my dream to travel and take photos 💯thank you for the content

• @jet528559
      @jet528559 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@joeallam would you rather 1 zoom or 3 primes for an entire trip?

• @manzinicontrotutti
    @manzinicontrotutti 8 หลายเดือนก่อน

Hello beautiful photos 👍 I wanted to ask you, is it possible to photograph people like it is done in America or Europe or are there any bans from the Thai government? I ask you why I would like to take a trip to Thailand and freely photograph people on the street with my 28mm

• @WaterShowsProd
    @WaterShowsProd 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Seeing that the Meetup you were thinking of holding took place on 7 April, I guess you eventually saw that regarding the heat, you hadn't seen the real hot Sun yet. At 3:30 the yellow sign on the table you pass by says they are selling vegan food. During October, usually-the timing is based on The Lunar Calendar so it drifts-Yaowarat Road becomes a centrepoint for the Vegetarian Festival. The road is lined with vendors selling vegetarian and vegan foods, and there are celebrations. The real focus of celebration is in Phuket however, with big parades. Of course the other amazing time to go there is during Chinese New Year when the road is absolutely packed with revellers, and performances, and kiosks set up all down Yaowarat Road.
    Yaowarat means "The Young King" because Ananda Mahidol (Rama VIII) visited the area, re-forging a relationship with The Chinese Community after years of division. Prior to that there had been anti-Chinese laws and hostile attitudes between Siamese and Chinese, but his visit changed that. He was in his early twenties at the time, I believe, having been pronounced King at the age of 9 following the abdication of his uncle. Tragically, he also died young.

• @Zzzde666
    @Zzzde666 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Welcome to my home town

• @ninomercado3463
    @ninomercado3463 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Hey Joe! Nice vlog! Are you using the same camera for photo and video?

• @joeallam

Cheers - I'm filming with Canon R5 and photos with the Fujifilm X-T4

• @ninomercado3463
      @ninomercado3463 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@joeallam Thank you! 😀👍🏼

• @pasqualray1337
    @pasqualray1337 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

11:42 Recently bought your “Photographer’s Bundle” Lightroom preset pack - fantastic investment. I live in Yokohama so please let us know if/when you do a meet-up in Japan.
    Thanks for your inspiring videos.

• @joeallam
      @joeallam  2 ปีที่แล้ว

Ah, amazing, thank you! I'll definitely do some more meet-ups in Japan when we finally get back there!

• @cliveeariss880
    @cliveeariss880 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Hello Joe, say hi to Elly wish her well, love the video as always, all good here sun rain, rain sun.
    I am am making big changes and going back to my first love, be safe and all the best...Clive.

• @joeallam
      @joeallam  2 ปีที่แล้ว

Great to hear, Clive! Passion projects are the oil that keep the machine running!

• @colinb8512
    @colinb8512 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi Joe, thanks for this video. I will be in Thailand very soon, for two reasons: firstly, to meet in person, a lovely Thai lady who was introduced to me a few months ago by a Thai lady here in Australia that I've known and been friends with for five or six years. Second reason is photography. I probably mostly do landscapes or Cityscapes with my hobby, but have never been one to photograph people. Learning more about Thailand in in the past three months in preparation for my three week trip, trying Street Photography, particularly in Bangkok in the few days in that city, has a strong appeal. Your video was good, in giving me a little insight. Thanks again.

• @HwL01
    @HwL01 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Video feels kinda overexposed, is it a new camera or just lack of ND 😆

• @JK-ql2en
    @JK-ql2en 2 ปีที่แล้ว

I do remember Chinatown at Sundown being may favorite place while there. If you have time, roaming the back alleys at Chatuchak I caught people betting on a chicken fight. Noted this was years ago but might be worth visiting even though its marketed as a tourist attraction which might be a turn off for some

• @gafko
    @gafko ปีที่แล้ว

Amazing.
    Thank’s for the video.
    Unbelievable that they must to ware a mask also outside.
    Is it still the law now?
    Thank’s