MSFS VR TEST: VARJO AERO | JUST FLIGHT HAWK T1

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 21 ต.ค. 2021
  • Varjo Aero flight in the Just Flight Hawk from RAF Valley to RAF Cranwell in challenging weather!
    PRE ORDER the Varjo AERO HERE: www.awin1.com/cread.php?awinm...
    Also feel free to use Varjo's own website :)
    Discord link;
    / discord
    Thanks for watching!
    Steve
  • เกม

ความคิดเห็น • 263

• @VRFlightSimGuy
    @VRFlightSimGuy  2 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Pre order the Aero here for SUPER FAST delivery once the headset starts shipping! LINK in the notes ABOVE ^^ The Aero is without doubt the best VR headset for us, FLIGHT SIMMERS!

• @aussieiain
      @aussieiain 2 ปีที่แล้ว

can u tell me if the decreased vertical fov compared with G2 is noticeable. would like to upgrade..but concerned that i might be disappointed..can u advise? is it really that much better?

• @aussieiain
      @aussieiain 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Also do we also need to drop another £200 for the tracking unit?

• @heavysighs
    @heavysighs 2 ปีที่แล้ว +7

I can’t wait until mine arrives! I ordered it immediately. I’ve been Flight-simmer for more than 35 years and never tried VR. I can’t wait.

• @Uploadvideoschannel
      @Uploadvideoschannel 2 ปีที่แล้ว

i also ordered. i got an email confirmation.. did you get a charge on your credit card yet?

• @shashumga6766
      @shashumga6766 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Is it still on pre order or does it already ship? I wanted to buy one but i cant see anywhere if its on pre order or not

• @davidnicolosi6143
      @davidnicolosi6143 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Also bought mine on the day it live-streamed. Now I just need to be patient while the headset and my new PC to run it arrives (Maingear F131).

• @Uploadvideoschannel
      @Uploadvideoschannel 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@davidnicolosi6143 did your credit card get charged yet? or just an email confirmation of your order

• @davidnicolosi6143
      @davidnicolosi6143 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@Uploadvideoschannel They charged my card already. Also got the email confirmation on the order.

• @msulkey
    @msulkey 2 ปีที่แล้ว +4

To be able to have this technology in your own home for around $5000 plus if you think about it, it’s pretty darn incredible.

• @johnkeegan6646
    @johnkeegan6646 2 ปีที่แล้ว +19

G2 is second best and that is enough for me. I cannot justify the Varjo Aero’s price to fly with number one, Steve!

• @VRFlightSimGuy

I totally respect that.

• @kevinbrook7033
      @kevinbrook7033 2 ปีที่แล้ว +2

@@VRFlightSimGuy I read you have to give yours back eventually, do you think you'll buy one Steve?

• @Tyke18
      @Tyke18 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Pimax 8kx with wide fov is more immersive than G2, but G2 is better value.

• @petroslav7963
      @petroslav7963 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I’m very happy with my 8kx. It’s almost enough with regards to resolution and clarity (I haven’t tried the varjo luckily, because it’s hard to back with regards to vr). I’m content to stick with the 8kx until we get varjo visual quality in cheaper headsets.

• @kevinbrook7033
      @kevinbrook7033 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@petroslav7963 Haven't tried the Pimax but I imagine once you've experienced that FOV it's hard to go back. I'm curious to see what Oculus announce next week. They certainly won't release anything to rival an Aero's screen but they always bump of their resolutions with every headset so it's possible their new headset could match or surpass the 2160 x 2160 per eye of the G2. There were also reports a few months ago that that they had placed an order for a huge number of lenses to be made that were more advanced than current fresnel tech and had a wider FOV, so interested to see if there is any truth to that...

• @mrpleasurehead
    @mrpleasurehead 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Wow! This looks awesome. Thanks for the video!

• @seppoaaltonen5644
    @seppoaaltonen5644 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thanks for the in-depth review !!!🙏

• @franshartman4378
    @franshartman4378 2 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Just say Wow and amazing as much as you want to!
    Enthusiasm is what most of us need more - besides the money to buy the Aero.

• @VRFlightSimGuy
      @VRFlightSimGuy  2 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks Frans, I get so much hate for being enthusiastic for some reason!

• @patrickmurray1246
    @patrickmurray1246 2 ปีที่แล้ว +16

I’m interested in the comparison of G2 to Pimax 8k to the varjo….so really honest comparison including the price difference for the performance you get. I think we all recognize the varjo capabilities but the 4x price is a deal breaker for vast majority….so for a new buyer would you go with a g2 or pimax at 1/4 or 1/2 the price despite the drop off in visuals on a relative basis.

• @VRFlightSimGuy

Great suggestion for a future video thanks.

• @nathanbenkhe5219
      @nathanbenkhe5219 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@VRFlightSimGuy yes, I'm also curious, what is a performance comparison if you play MSFS with the aero compared to G2 at similar visual quality. IE running the aero and 60% SS compared to 100% on the G2 or whatever settings put them more on an even visual quality. I imagine aero must bring a big performance boost if resolution is lowered

• @henrycartier
      @henrycartier 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I have a feeling that after exactly one second in this headset you don't care about the price vs performance ratio. You just have to get it. So you know...stay away I guess :-)

• @K11...
      @K11... 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I have the g2 and the 8kx and for msfs, i would recommend the g2. Just make sure you get the new face gasket which gives you a much much larger fov, especially diagonally, much better edge to edge clarity and almost zero glare. (I have the old g2, but use a 3d printet gasket with a pimax thin foam and the difference is insane.)

• @VRFlightSimGuy
    @VRFlightSimGuy  2 ปีที่แล้ว +14

My timing for this video couldn't have been better. The hawk has just been RELEASED! www.justflight.com/product/hawk-t1a-advanced-trainer-microsoft-flight-simulator

• @-_-O
      @-_-O 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

33 quid! That's nearly as much as the sim ...but I just gotta have it. Friday is the best time for them to release it

• @RobertDodge
      @RobertDodge 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Downloading and a weekend off could mean only 1 thing Red Arrow practice 101 - Cannot wait to experience the beast for myself "God Save the Queen" x

• @VRFlightSimGuy
      @VRFlightSimGuy  2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@RobertDodge Enjoy my friend!

• @-_-O
      @-_-O 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@RobertDodge Red Arrow pilot salaries slashed by Monday lol

• @msulkey
      @msulkey 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Addicted to all the 2 seater high flying jets!!!! Pray for a stealth series to come. OMG imagine the SR-71 Blackbird!

• @ProjectImmersion
    @ProjectImmersion 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Can't wait to get the Aero, was stoked before I saw your review and pre-purchased after seeing the cheeky reviews put out before yours.
    I have the Hawk, despite getting the T45 Goshawk before I knew that this was coming. I'm completely hooked on flight simming right now although my focus has historically been sim racing. I keep trying to sim race, I convert the rig, do a couple of laps and then, convert the rig back to Flight sim and thats that... just can't tear myself away, just wish I had more time in the skies.
    This Hawk looks and sounds awesome, haven't actually spun it up yet since purchasing, but you have convinced me that tonight it the night.
    Cheers Steve!

• @VRFlightSimGuy

Ha yes they were a few that didn't respect the NDA unfortunately just to get more views. I really can't wait for everyone to see what I'm experiencing, then they will understand.

• @SparkySven
    @SparkySven 2 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Amazing. You make me feel very emotional with your expression using our make dream come trough VR Headset. Thank you Varjo for listening to your fans, VR enthusiasts. I'll have to look at one of my kidneys lol but I also need to swap out my AMD GPU for a Nvidia RTX top one + base stations, good over ear headphones with mic and also controllers which makes my Aero upgrade an +5000 euro purchase. Great plane Just Flight. You Varjo and Microsoft, Asobo make VR so world changing were emotions just can't be subscribed but I know it wil keep blowing all our minds. Thanks for the mention and Uwe's. Your subscribers are rising to new levels. Great video. Love the real emotions. You can't hide those in these crazy VR moments that will only get better while most wearing the Aero think it won't get any better but it will. I though this also putting on my current G2 but see where we're today. Have fun and stay and share your moments with us all. Next video emotional Melissa wearing and flying with the Aero? Greeting to Melissa 👍✈️

• @VRFlightSimGuy

Eloquently put Sven, this hobby of ours is so special, especially when we can share this experience together. It doesn't matter which headset we use, we all fly through the same virtual air 😊

• @wobblyrampack9655
      @wobblyrampack9655 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@VRFlightSimGuy You called it a hobby rather than a game and that is really is true. There are people who have racing cycles for their hobby that cost a lot more than this headset. Golf club subscriptions cost a load more than this, and other hobbies too. So it's how much you can afford and how much enjoyment you'll get out of it.

• @VRFlightSimGuy
      @VRFlightSimGuy  2 ปีที่แล้ว +2

@@wobblyrampack9655 Absolutely spot on!

• @SparkySven
      @SparkySven 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@wobblyrampack9655 That's so true. I ruined my new BMW K1300R with a ABS braking failure on race track Spa-Francorchamps here in Belgium and that repair job was 12.500€ but still cheaper than getting a new one that costs 22.000 euro so yes hobbies can get expensive but I'll never be sorry for doing this and VR. You once life once.

• @wobblyrampack9655
      @wobblyrampack9655 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@SparkySven Wow, very pricey! But exactly as you say - you only live once. You can't take your money when you go! Racing round Spa must be incredible! :)

• @AdamsSIMporium
    @AdamsSIMporium 2 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Can you maybe do a quick vid showing/explaining the buttons and dashboard? For example, do physical buttons on the headset open the Varjo dashboard or SteamVR dashboard? Can the Varjo dash open straight in to desktop view if you want? Stuff like that. Very excited to get mine, slightly nervous about losing the FOV from the Pimax, but be glad to be rid of that PP hit. Cheers Steve.

• @4secsharkmr352
    @4secsharkmr352 2 ปีที่แล้ว

As always thank you buddy👍👍👍

• @saschakoch288
    @saschakoch288 2 ปีที่แล้ว +2

The Vario needs no Sound on fly Sim, the Turbine Sound came from your dieing Graphik Card

• @sjoerdbastiaan
    @sjoerdbastiaan 2 ปีที่แล้ว

I’ve seen the Hawk at CAD West, Mach Loop. Beautiful aircraft. I’d love to fly it myself on the Mach Loop. Fantastic scenery.

• @lvx4408
    @lvx4408 2 ปีที่แล้ว

I've come to really enjoy this station. Great content. I only have the quest 2 and have been using it for boxing simulation but want to get into MSFS. Does Aero and MSFS work well with a cloud based PC like Shadow PC? I want to upgrade to a new headset soon but am unsure if I should get the reverb G2, or wait for something like the quest pro or aero.

• @VRFlightSimGuy
    @VRFlightSimGuy  2 ปีที่แล้ว +5

Let's take the soon to be released Just Flight Hawk for a spin in the Varjo Aero. Let's face it, it would be rude not to! Keep checking www.justflight.com/ for more news on this aircraft and more! Please note, any stuttering you see is due to the challenging way in which I have to record full screen in the sim, it's very smooth in the headset. I'll be doing a full performance test with FPS numbers soon. Have a great weekend!

• @Tony-Beasley
      @Tony-Beasley 2 ปีที่แล้ว

quick question, how many base stations would you recommend. thanks

• @VRFlightSimGuy

@@Tony-Beasley Two is best, but I'm only using 1 here 👍

• @Tony-Beasley

@@VRFlightSimGuy thanks

• @robintaylor1490
      @robintaylor1490 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Is this dcs ?

• @VRFlightSimGuy

@@robintaylor1490 MSFS

• @MeaningOfLifeNow
    @MeaningOfLifeNow 2 ปีที่แล้ว +3

order confirmed! thanks

• @VRFlightSimGuy

Hawk or the Aero? Or both?! ;)

• @MeaningOfLifeNow
      @MeaningOfLifeNow 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@VRFlightSimGuy haha first Aero- i just got the Vice Pro 2 last week before i saw the news on Aero. Pro2 going back. Hopefully the Aero will be pixel free in MS Flight Sim, because Pro 2 shows a pixels. running RTX3080. Did u see big diff between Aero and Pro2 in MS Sim besides the god rays? thank you.

• @VRFlightSimGuy

@@MeaningOfLifeNow I was not impressed with the VP2, I have a review somewhere on the channel. Awful god rays, terrible sweet spot and crap vertical fov. The Aero, well, it's everything I've ever dreamt a VR headset could be, apart from maybe, the fov, which is still decent.

• @MeaningOfLifeNow
      @MeaningOfLifeNow 2 ปีที่แล้ว

i am cancelling the VR Aero order. i paid $2179 and after multiple emails to Varjo support i still don't have an order confirmation from them. i think they are in over their head. They can't even handle order confirmation,
      which could be done easily. i don't have faith in them to be able to make the product and get them to us in a timely manner. Sad!

• @rekunta
    @rekunta 2 ปีที่แล้ว

I just dropped $5k on a new PC, rudder pedals, HOTAS, and the sim. I’ve been saving for a bit.
    Unfortunately, I can’t overcome VR illness so have to use TrackIR. But I’m very excited. My new rig is arriving on the 7th so I’m cleaning up and making room.
    Can’t wait to fly this fast through the hills, but I’m going to be starting on the Cessna. Also in DCS.
    Nice video. 🤙🏼

• @ColinDyckes
    @ColinDyckes 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Love the Derry Roll break. My favourite with my Avonds Turbine F15 😁

• @VRFlightSimGuy

It's so satisfying in this bird.

• @j.f.richard9875
    @j.f.richard9875 2 ปีที่แล้ว

I learned about the Aero last night, when your review video was randomly recommended to me by TH-cam. I then went looking for a few more video and written reviews of the thing, and nearly pre-ordered one right away. After letting it sink in overnight, and watching one more review, I just pulled the trigger. It's an insane purchase, but it looks amazing. Depending on how this turns out, I have you to blame or to thank for this insanity!

• @VRFlightSimGuy

Congratulations! There is no other headset on this planet that give you such amazing visuals. Welcome to the Aero club my friend!

• @j.f.richard9875

I am currently using an Index in iRacing and MSFS, and was perfectly happy with it. Before that I had an Oculus CV1 followed by a Rift S. Been waiting for a major jump forward for a while, but it didn't look like any company was ever going in that direction. Your enthusiasm sold me on this one. I had to think about it, but considering I have paid as much or more for sim-racing equipment and high-end TVs, while this is much more expensive than any previous VR headset, I figured it I deserved it :).

• @igotyoubeat
    @igotyoubeat 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

For the cost of $1900 it is not a consumer grade product. But I will say from the video you have this is definitely the best VR headset out there

• @thereisnospoon3595
    @thereisnospoon3595 2 ปีที่แล้ว +2

You need to put a sticker on the wall behind you of their name, more awareness and more demand will bring prices down in the long run and you could do them a favor back and do a little advertising in the background. I will probably buy the revised one in a year when prices come down but they have my business. IF I didn't just blow 5k on a 3080ti and new PC build and reverb2, would definitely be pre-ordering. Kudos to you and Vario for the headset, I am super stoked especially as I am building the PC that will optimize this.

• @Boslandschap1
    @Boslandschap1 2 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Great video, I'd love to see some IL2 performance figures.

• @RiverdogAVFC
    @RiverdogAVFC 2 ปีที่แล้ว

The irony of that poor little quest 2 in the background crying his little heart out 😂😂😂 Great vid sir

• @VRFlightSimGuy

😂😂 Cheers mate.

• @RiverdogAVFC
      @RiverdogAVFC 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@VRFlightSimGuy just a quickie mate, but would you know if the foveated rendering on the Aero work with my 1080ti. Or is it like the Pimax foveated rendering that only works with the 20 series cards and onwards? No worries if you don’t know

• @justaguydoinstuff
      @justaguydoinstuff 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@RiverdogAVFC The Aero doesn't work with 10 series cards, only 20 series and up due to a driver item that Nvidia only uses in those cards.

• @RiverdogAVFC
      @RiverdogAVFC 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@justaguydoinstuff Thanks Ben, good to know

• @justinspirational
    @justinspirational 2 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I'd greatly appreciate it if you can run il-2 sturmovik and dcs with the aero with warbirds and see if it's easy to *identify* (as opposed to 'spot') distant aircraft as that has been the main challenge with all other hmds up until this point.. spotting them in the far distance can be done, but 'identifying' the aircraft type and whether they are friend or foe not so much.. is the aero close to monitor clarity at this point for such tasks? If so like a 1080p, 1440p or even 4k monitor?

• @VRFlightSimGuy

That's coming up next :)

• @justinspirational
      @justinspirational 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@VRFlightSimGuy thank you.. comparing identifying other distant aircraft from friend or foe (being able to make out the unique aircraft characteristics from afar) and comparing to the g2 and 8kx would be game changing and really helpful to see

• @Ubie1-1
    @Ubie1-1 2 ปีที่แล้ว +4

How do you find this head set compared to the pimax 8kx? Does the smaller FOV make a huge difference in terms of emersion?

• @VRFlightSimGuy

The Pimax 8KX is in a league all on its own when it comes to fov. If that it most important to you, go for the Pimax. However, the Aero has edge to edge clarity, so there is more real estate when looking around, even if it is smaller. Hope that helps.

• @Ubie1-1
      @Ubie1-1 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@VRFlightSimGuy It does thank you for the reply, I look forward to seeing what Pimax's event will be and if they release anything before ordering an 8kx. Do you think you will still be using the 8kx as your go to headset for sim flying?

• @VRFlightSimGuy

@@Ubie1-1 Yeah sure I love that field of view and audio solution of the 8KX, especially for combat :)

• @JackWRichardson
    @JackWRichardson 2 ปีที่แล้ว

How do you record VR in MSFS2020? Also, what are your settings for the Sim for it to be so smooth.

• @billbrowning3021
    @billbrowning3021 2 ปีที่แล้ว +6

O.k., I’m back. Had to pause the video and go buy a jet…lol. This headset is fantastic, but I’m stuck on paying 3 times msrp for a video card upgrade. Grrr.

• @robintaylor1490

Which card ?

• @billbrowning3021
      @billbrowning3021 2 ปีที่แล้ว +2

@@robintaylor1490 looking in the rtx 3070-3080 range, but they are impossible to get without paying scalper prices.

• @robintaylor1490

@@billbrowning3021 ya same here, I was looking at the 3080ti

• @ecevansevans2566
    @ecevansevans2566 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Thank you. For work .

• @ecevansevans2566
    @ecevansevans2566 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Hello, good vid, question, you say , you need one base station. Really , is that for the controller. Another thing , could you show your openxr setup or window and openxr setup.

• @bephantenkrem3052
    @bephantenkrem3052 2 ปีที่แล้ว

can you make a comparison video about plane spotting in msfs and dcs? spotting and tracking contacts in dcs is problematic. i feel, everything looks bigger in scale in msfs.

• @TheCloudpuncher
    @TheCloudpuncher 2 ปีที่แล้ว +2

LOL, how do I feel? Excited, and $2200.00 poorer after yesterday thanks to your video LOL. BTW I told my wife its all your fault!!!!

• @VRFlightSimGuy

LOL I need to go into hiding!! But before I leave, congratulations for buying the best headset on the planet.. right, I'm off. 👀

• @TheHexperience
    @TheHexperience 2 ปีที่แล้ว

You're gonna set the 172 on fire! 🔥

• @claybomb1064
    @claybomb1064 2 ปีที่แล้ว +5

I want one, but I’m going to wait to see what else is releasing. Cheers 🍻

• @VRFlightSimGuy

Wise move! Have a nice weekend 🍻

• @mikegc3816
      @mikegc3816 2 ปีที่แล้ว +3

I agree, see what next year brings, unless I win the lottery!

• @justinspirational
      @justinspirational 2 ปีที่แล้ว +2

@@mikegc3816 no need to wait till next year. Pimax is announcing its next gen vr 3.0 tech this Monday th-cam.com/video/sNfEDlAUGU0/w-d-xo.html

• @TotalGAMIX
      @TotalGAMIX 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@justinspirational if they deliver then wow

• @justinspirational
      @justinspirational 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@TotalGAMIX I'm getting the new pimax 12k.. will be worth a year's wait.. will blow all varjos away and in the meantime I'm more than satisfied with my 8kx and its currently still unparalleled experience.. I'll also get the 12k for only $1000 after they discount the price I paid for my 8kx.. amazing value

• @rdhii009
    @rdhii009 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Great review yesterday!! Thanks for the release news.. Just one question, how is if you wear glasses or will we need some form of adaptive lens to use it. Thanks

• @VRFlightSimGuy

Thankyou I really appreciate that. You can absolutely wear glasses underneath np.

• @paull35
      @paull35 2 ปีที่แล้ว

The thought of spending £2.5k on a headset and potentially scratching the lenses and or your glasses… no thanks! Hopefully VRoptician will produce lenses for the Varjo like they do for most popular headsets. Mind Who am I to talk when I totally destroyed my G1…

• @MuntyScruntFundle
    @MuntyScruntFundle 2 ปีที่แล้ว

As of October 2021 there seem to be problems ordering in the UK, the order page doesn't work. Could just be me of course.
    I'm predominantly a 'tyres on the ground bloke', have you tried any car sims?

• @Ollrick
    @Ollrick 2 ปีที่แล้ว

What are the PC specs to run this smooth?

• @HuDz1966
    @HuDz1966 2 ปีที่แล้ว

With SteamVR set to 100% SS, what is the indicated resolution in SteamVR with the Aero? Cheers.

• @interquad1
    @interquad1 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi..If this headset is only going to be used for flight sim, is it possible to use just one base station placed in front of you or have you got to put 4 base stations in each corner of the room? As a G2 owner I’ve never had to use base stations before so not sure how they’re set up) thanks!

• @VRFlightSimGuy

I'm only using one base station myself and you can see how well it works 😌

• @dotnetdevni
    @dotnetdevni 2 ปีที่แล้ว

I can afford this. Would u suggest still the g2 for the average gamer? Beside they could add hand tracking in via software only I guess as the cameras are they and if the gaming community embraces the head set would u think that be an option or have they taking out some hardware elements for that. So 2021 g2 versus varyo aero? I was going by my g2 on monday but now I may save up the money.

• @TheStlgg
    @TheStlgg 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Another great vid Steve. Just one question. Apart from the headset, what else do you need in terms of peripheral's ?

• @VRFlightSimGuy

Thanks Philip 🙂 One base station is all you need. I don't use controllers with it but I may invest in some Index controllers at some point.

• @TheStlgg
      @TheStlgg 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@VRFlightSimGuy Thank for that Steve. Just done the Mach Loop in the Hawk. You should give it a go, its unreal.

• @oliverf944
    @oliverf944 2 ปีที่แล้ว

What’s the resulting resolution you set with render scaling. Surely it’s not at areo native

• @sloppyjoeblues
    @sloppyjoeblues 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Can you explain more about the need for a base station? I ordered a steamvr 2.0 base station along with the head set, will just 1 of those be sufficient? You mentioned using openxr instead of steamvr, does that still work with and require the steamvr base station? I'm coming from reverb g2 which did not require a base station and have not used any other vr headset so I'm unsure about these things.

• @j.f.richard9875
      @j.f.richard9875 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

From my current experience with a Valve Index headset, a single base station in front of you should work just fine in a fixed seated position (I have 2 base stations, but only use one for flying or sim driving).
      My understanding of the Aero's tracking is that it internally uses the Steam VR libraries for tracking no matter what, whether you use OpenXR or Steam VR to connect to the app.

• @justaguydoinstuff
    @justaguydoinstuff 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Do you miss the wide FOV of the Pimax, or even the Index? That's the only part I'm worried about...

• @VRFlightSimGuy

The 8KX FOV is epic and it's why I'll be keeping it alongside the Aero.

• @msulkey
    @msulkey 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Question; is there a way to get your eyes a little closer to the lenses? If you wanted to kind of increase your FOV a little bit.

• @VRFlightSimGuy

I'm sure there will be plenty of options from other manufacturers eventually. But I'm not left "wanting" for more and that's mainly due to that amazing panel.

• @chalkie54
    @chalkie54 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Was totally pumped with this headset...sadly not available in Australia :(

• @stevenwhite8210
    @stevenwhite8210 2 ปีที่แล้ว +12

as good as it is its not worth 4x the price of a g2.. please keep the g2 content coming

• @VRFlightSimGuy

Rest assured plenty of G2 content coming.

• @carmo55511
      @carmo55511 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Best comment 👍

• @derekkaneshiro3935
    @derekkaneshiro3935 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Steve, can you post a video of the Aero experience in DCS?

• @birkatron1
    @birkatron1 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Which Ndvidia driver you using Steve? I feel vr is a little jerkey since update 6.

• @VRFlightSimGuy

I've just switched to the latest and it's running really well.

• @rjd97c
    @rjd97c 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Given you’ve tried the big brother with the focus screen, how much of a step down is this? In your first video you say it’s better but in my head that’s hard to understand given the pixel per degree difference in the focus screen vs this all in one. What’s your view mate?

• @justaguydoinstuff
      @justaguydoinstuff 2 ปีที่แล้ว

FYI the focus screen was never used in the VR-3 since Steam can't use it anyway.

• @rjd97c
      @rjd97c 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@justaguydoinstuff ah! Thanks. Didn’t know that. Same in MSFS and OpenXR?

• @VRFlightSimGuy

@@rjd97c You can use the focus screen with the demos (video on the channel). The mini OLED 70PPD display is a sight to beyond, but I'm not missing it at all in normal flight sims as I've never seen it in that environment anyway. It's the sole reason why I never bought a VR-3, it's kinda pointless unless you can use it to it's full potential.

• @lvx4408
    @lvx4408 2 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Hope you get to keep the headset!

• @ysteineker7001
    @ysteineker7001 2 ปีที่แล้ว +2

OMFG -IT IS OUT!!! -

• @smokingskill
    @smokingskill 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi, can you comment on how choppy the head movements really are? From the video it seems not 100% smooth, as with every video showing headset movement (Alyx etc.). But I assume that it's just in the video. Or is it exactly the same when you look through the lenses? Thanks for a great video.

• @VRFlightSimGuy

It's the same as a go pro video, for the user it's fine. Thanks glad you liked the video :)

• @bigc208
    @bigc208 2 ปีที่แล้ว

If I thought nothing better or similar quality would show up over the next five years at a much better price point I’d buy one. For now the G2 will have to do.

• @dragondal1318
    @dragondal1318 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi Flight sim guy, you mention that you tracking station is that for head tracking or is that for hand controls. So if it is for head tracking, does the station come with the purchase of the headset or is it extra??

• @4secsharkmr352

Hi, you need minimum one basestation of the Lighthouse system. Ca 180 euro

• @robintaylor1490

Extra 250 each

• @dragondal1318

@@4secsharkmr352 wow really on top of the price for the headset .I really think for the price it should be included. Just my 2 cents

• @4secsharkmr352

@@dragondal1318
      Yeah it should but it doesn't. I am using two of them for my Pimax. Tracking is superb. Only thing matters is a high frequency sound when not wearing the headset. But then I switched them off.

• @dragondal1318

@@4secsharkmr352 Ah ok, I use my track IR with reverb G2, works awesome, I wonder if I need head tracking if I use Track IR

• @JonesHess
    @JonesHess 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Time to start saving up! Until then I'm hoping for a best settings guide for the Quest 2 like you did for the G2.

• @JonesHess
      @JonesHess 2 ปีที่แล้ว

oh and I can't seem to find the Discord link anywhere

• @justinspirational
    @justinspirational 2 ปีที่แล้ว

How can the aero clarity be as good as the vr-3 if the aero is only a max of 35ppd when the vr-3 has a max of 70ppd (double)?

• @VRFlightSimGuy

Because you cannot use the focus display in the vr-3 in games and Sims. The Aero actually looks even better than the VR-3, I know this because I've got both.

• @justinspirational

@@VRFlightSimGuy thanks for clarifying.. do you know why you can't use the vr3 focus screen in games? So are you saying all the time you've been running the vr3 in sims it's not running at 70ppd in the center? What ppd is the vr3 running at then in sims/games? No way to force it to use the focus screen?

• @VRFlightSimGuy

@@justinspirational Yep correct, apart from the demos I used in my last VR-3 video. It's not supported unfortunately, which means I'm using the main peripheral display which is the same as the Aero, although, the Aero is brighter with even better colours.

• @justinspirational

@@VRFlightSimGuy cool.. they did say with supersampling with better hardware in the future you'll be able to get it even clearer though probably not 'human eye resolution' which starts around 60ppd.. that said that is also true for any other hmd including the 8kx.. higher ppd and bigger fov.. the aero won't get a bigger fov though.. but technically with a future gpu you could get the 8kx to 35ppd and have the wider fov.. but the aspheric lenses are what also helps with the aero clarity (have them on my og HTC vive and do make a difference).. pros and cons

• @MW_1535
    @MW_1535 2 ปีที่แล้ว

I'm using a 3080 Ti and a Quest 2 (occasionally the Valve Index). I can't get acceptable performance with the resolution of the Quest 2. I just want to know how this is even playable with the Aero's resolution.

• @4secsharkmr352

With a 3080ti you should. The Quest2 is more performance hungry because of the needed compression.

• @soziologeek3340
    @soziologeek3340 2 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Kind of jealous for your experience with the aero and the hawk in the video :D The Hawk looks awesome especially with the GPS system :D I'm really tempted to buy it but I also already got the Goshawk ... And who knows when it will hit the msfs marketplace since there isn't even the just flight arrow available and I like to keep my add-ons in one place without countless accounts, installers and key's.
    Regarding the varjo aero I'd really like to experience that headset first hand since through the lens videos Just don't seem to do it justice, but I really can't justify the price of the headset to myself :D so I'll stick to my G2 until someday in the future there's an equal or even better headset than the aero for a cheaper price on the market.

• @4secsharkmr352

Hi, the JustFlight store has some advantages. You got by buying there some payback discount on your next order. The store is up since years. Very reliable.
      Regarding G2. It is a fantastic headset. The more sensitive decision is to stay with the G2 but if you are an absolute enthusiastic flightsimer, well then think about buying the Aero. And I know your common sense says: boy don't do it. 🤣

• @dfrost42371
    @dfrost42371 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Great video! But out of my price range. I am running a Rift S on a Ryzen 3600 with 32 gb of Ram and a RTX 3070. I mainly play DCS. Would it be worth it for me to upgrade to the new Reverb G2? I am in the US.....Thanks

• @VRFlightSimGuy

Reverb G2 would be a great upgrade for you, although I'm not sure about your PC spec, does it compare well to a 1080ti or above?

• @dfrost42371
      @dfrost42371 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@VRFlightSimGuy The RTX 3070 is faster than a 2080.

• @jointherevolution5577
    @jointherevolution5577 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Do you think they will make it compatible with AMD Graphics cards?

• @James-zu1ij
    @James-zu1ij 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Would it take the place of a 120-inch screen for watching Netflix

• @paulphibbs5362
    @paulphibbs5362 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi Steve, Training Video on the Hawk please.

• @diegostalder9663
    @diegostalder9663 2 ปีที่แล้ว

what about distortion/warping everybodys talking about ?

• @Midlander1956
    @Midlander1956 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

A really enjoyable enthusiastically presented video. Nice work as ever. Given the recent sim updates, could you please revisit the Rift S Headset and update settings, please? Since you first gave suggested settings, which worked a treat, each update has resulted in a worsening performance in VR and I for one am at my wits’ end trying to fathom out a solution. I have a Radeon 6700X card but still get Wobblies, shimmers and poor imagery generally and nothing fixes the problem….I suspect many still have Rift S so please help, the Varjo solution is not one the majority of your fan base can use, yet. Much appreciated..Phil

• @VRFlightSimGuy

Hey Phil thanks for your kind words. I don't have a Rift S anymore, my current headsets are the Quest, Reverb, Pimax and Varjo.

• @Iionmask
    @Iionmask 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Honestly which one do you prefer, the Aero or the 8KX?

• @VRFlightSimGuy

If I had to choose, Aero. In fact, it's an easy one for me. But FOV wise, I LOVE the 8KX.

• @Iionmask
      @Iionmask 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@VRFlightSimGuy thanks, I don't care about the headphones, microphone or a bit of distortion, I do care about the fov though

• @Iionmask
      @Iionmask 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@VRFlightSimGuy I love my 8KX as well

• @rpierrelouis86
    @rpierrelouis86 2 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Firstly, I don't do flight sims but I do like watching your vids. I'm a sim racer {predominately iRacing}. Did I once see you do a sim racing vid in VR? if so could you do a vid with the Varjo Aero while sim racing?

• @VRFlightSimGuy

Thanks for watching and for your suggestion, I can maybe show Project Cars?

• @rpierrelouis86
      @rpierrelouis86 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@VRFlightSimGuy that would be awesome dude!!👍

• @bro977
    @bro977 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Does the aero have pass through vision?
    Thx Lee

• @VRFlightSimGuy

Unfortunately not.

• @bro977
      @bro977 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@VRFlightSimGuy
      Well I ordered it yesterday but how can I get through the next 3 -4 months until it appears.
      Like you, the hobby is a large part of my life.
      Keep making aero vids so we can vicariously experience this piece of magic!
      Cheers Lee

• @VRFlightSimGuy

@@bro977 That is my plan Lee, I'm going to keep you updated with the improvement in the software and everything else. I really hope this waiting time goes super quick.

• @bhReddog
    @bhReddog 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Can you do a IL2 Sturmovik vid with the areo?

• @VRFlightSimGuy

Definitely

• @bhReddog
      @bhReddog 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Great , someone told me it doesn't work with IL2 so it would be nice to see it before i pull the trigger.

• @bonesshed.
    @bonesshed. 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Ive been to RAF Valley. Its like that 98% of the time

• @Tony-Beasley

have you got a discord link to join your community, thanks

• @PhiLikeFlying
    @PhiLikeFlying 2 ปีที่แล้ว +8

This is almost perfect for flight simmers. FOV is still too small - apparently smaller than the Quest2 and the price!! Oh wow the price totally sucks. Gutted :( Lets see what Pimax has to offer ;)

• @sephiroth4543
      @sephiroth4543 2 ปีที่แล้ว

That is terrible, why can't they increase the fov? For the price you need a bigger fov

• @PhiLikeFlying
      @PhiLikeFlying 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@sephiroth4543 Yeah a bigger FOV and inside out tracking would probably justify the price - and they say this is primarily aimed at simmers - but us simmers NEED bigger FOV!!

• @j.f.richard9875

A bigger FOV would require a different lens design, and from all accounts, one of the best and most unique features of the Varjo headsets is their current lens design.

• @PhiLikeFlying
      @PhiLikeFlying 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@j.f.richard9875 Then thats what they should of done. This is primarily aimed at flight simmers that need big FOV so they should of focused more on that!.

• @TotalGAMIX
      @TotalGAMIX 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

pimax can be incredible if they deliver on what they said

• @Mark_Point
    @Mark_Point 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Does anyone know if there is going to be a discount for owners of xplane hawk

• @VRFlightSimGuy

Good question, only JF themselves can answer that one...

• @Totem9519
    @Totem9519 2 ปีที่แล้ว

The next question is: is it worth almost twice as much as an 8KX?

• @VRFlightSimGuy

Good question. Maybe a video suggestion?

• @AdamsSIMporium
    @AdamsSIMporium 2 ปีที่แล้ว

So it's your fault my bank balance has taken a massive hit???!!! Damn you sir.

• @VRFlightSimGuy

Sorry not sorry (especially when you experience it) 😁😁

• @poolhallshark
    @poolhallshark 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Great preview/review again👍 I imagine it must be kinda painful for you, who has used this headset and seen with your own eyes what it is, to try to convey it to the viewers. I strongly believe this is a classic "You have to see it to believe it" case. And I guess if you gave this headset to a hundred simmers like us, to use for a day or two, probably 50% would buy it, despite what they're saying in the comments. I actually do believe that. But you're doing your outmost, can't take THAT away from you. Can't wait to see more reviews on this from other users eventually. There are quite a lot of people around who regard 2k USD as loose change, myself not included. Unfair. Btw 21:20
    Have a great weekend my friend and happy flying! Toodle pip.

• @VRFlightSimGuy

Yes exactly that!! I want everyone to experience this resolution for themselves I really do! Really appreciate your support and for being here buddy. Have a good one!

• @colinwest6722
    @colinwest6722 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Ouch $2800 nz and doesn't ship to nz yet. I'll pass on this as I'm saving to upgrade PC first. I suspect by time I can afford it another VR headset will be out. Still I'm very jealous and the hawks a def purchase.

• @justflyit7569
    @justflyit7569 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Ive ordered one, but it will take 3-4 months to get it delivered, they told me. And I’m so frustrated. I think it’s not fare to show it to me took my 2400€ with taxes, and let me wait for such a shocking amount of time!

• @nortski78
      @nortski78 2 ปีที่แล้ว +2

It says clearly on the website that shipping will be 3-4 months after payment.

• @justflyit7569
      @justflyit7569 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@nortski78 Yes, I’ve seen that, but way later). I was so pumped and excited, that I was ordering it in a rush)! I was thinking it’s already available in stock- what a dreamer)!

• @nortski78
      @nortski78 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@justflyit7569 it's a good job my credit card is already maxed out otherwise I'd have been next in the queue!

• @Mahad458
    @Mahad458 2 ปีที่แล้ว

it is not the same screen, the VR 3 uses bionic display whereas this is LCD

• @VRFlightSimGuy

Incorrect, the display you are using is the same as the Aero, since you cannot use the focus display. However the Aero display is actually even better, I know this because I've tested both

• @vogelmotorsportuk7757
    @vogelmotorsportuk7757 2 ปีที่แล้ว

I'm glad at around £1800 the headset should feel better than headsets that are a 1/3 to 1/2 the price.

• @Killswitch1411
    @Killswitch1411 2 ปีที่แล้ว

I'm not ok with having to wait 3-4 months to get my AERO.

• @jmskelly59
    @jmskelly59 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Gutted they don't ship to Ireland! :(

• @djtaylorutube
    @djtaylorutube 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

How am I feeling? I'm fine but my wallet is on life support

• @man_vs_life
    @man_vs_life 2 ปีที่แล้ว

IL2 & DCS with Varjo Aero please please please!

• @RaedAdlouni
    @RaedAdlouni 2 ปีที่แล้ว

High resolution headsets are great, but what kind of a graphics card is capable of driving this resolution. I have a reverb G2, and i have to set PD to 60% in SteamVR to be able to run it smoothly, and still is stutters sometime when i am close to ground. I have an Nvidia RTX 3070Ti. With this new awesome headset, will anyone ever be able to drive it at native resolution while maintaining a reasonable non stuttery gameplay. I dont have experience with Microsoft flight sim after the major FPS update, but i would assume it will be the same thing. its a shame that the graphics card hardware has not caught up with VR processing demand, very few of the community here can afford an Nvidia 3090

• @Johnny641
      @Johnny641 2 ปีที่แล้ว

No GPU can run any of the sims at beast mode settings, these reviewers flat out BS about what they are seeing. Saying that IL2 is well optmised, DCS and MSFS not so much.

• @ProblematicBitch
    @ProblematicBitch 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Test it out with Lone Echo 2

• @VRFlightSimGuy

I already have and it's breathtaking

• @samyosef
    @samyosef 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Are you going to purchase it. 🚀

• @VRFlightSimGuy
      @VRFlightSimGuy  2 ปีที่แล้ว +5

Do you even need to ask that? ;)

• @samyosef
      @samyosef 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@VRFlightSimGuy hi hiiii

• @scurvy786
    @scurvy786 2 ปีที่แล้ว

the 3090 can hardly handle driving the g2 so even thought this headset clarity and fov sound far superior however any less FPS due to the higher resolution than we currently get now i would consider unusable in MSFS vr

• @VRFlightSimGuy

But.. I'm literally doing just that here with great performance?!

• @scurvy786
      @scurvy786 2 ปีที่แล้ว

​@@VRFlightSimGuy I don't consider even the 3090 with a g2 great performance. I'm pretty sensitive to low FPS. I've also got g2 and 3090 setup and its only just playable for me. ideally I don't call it good performance until its solid 80-90 fps. Guess the VR headsets are above the capability of the current graphics cards, cant wait until late next year to get a new card.

• @coffeeguy6673
    @coffeeguy6673 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Nice but the price is out of my price range unfortunately.

• @ZenMotionSim
    @ZenMotionSim 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

From what ive seen on other videos theres plenty of issues with chromatic abberation as well as deformation. Makes no sense for that price...

• @VRFlightSimGuy

They still have 3 months of software tweaking before shipping and today, the new Varjo Base update has already made a huge improvement. Keep in mind I'm using an early version.

• @ZenMotionSim
      @ZenMotionSim 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@VRFlightSimGuy all i say is that it has its pros but also has cons. I see absolutely no advantage over g2 to justify price difference. It could be 200-300euro more because it has automatic ipd adjustment and eye tracking. Thats it.

• @VRFlightSimGuy

@@ZenMotionSim and the fact the display is 4 times sharper than the G2. But having said that, if you are happy, keep your G2. I still LOVE mine!

• @ZenMotionSim
      @ZenMotionSim 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@VRFlightSimGuy what do you mean 4x sharper? I hope you are not referring to those launch ppi screens on which you couldn't read a thing on g2 while i can read everything on mine... Let me summarize by saying that i was waiting for it and had high hopes but for what I've seen it's ridiculously expensive. Not to mention narrow fov which you guys are very silent about (comparing to pimax).

• @VRFlightSimGuy

@@ZenMotionSim I'm referring to what I've seen with my own eyes. Every lens footage I've seen on TH-cam and beyond has been rubbish. Including my own.

• @carmo55511
    @carmo55511 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

No one can deny the experience due to graphical fidelity, however, at that price, it is only for the richest/pro simmers and out of realistic reach off a mass market, way too expensive.
    You also need base stations and controllers on top of the headset AND a better audio setup.
    You're therefore looking at 2500 all in at least, quest 2 is 299, G2 currently 599.........

• @VRFlightSimGuy

There is a VR option for all and that's what counts.

• @larue085
    @larue085 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Can they send me a headset so I can put my videos on my channel please? Or give me a deal

• @HeliSimDriver
    @HeliSimDriver 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Are you totally sure you like the VARJO and the Hawk? You could show a bit more enthusiasm 🤣😂

• @tracyhall3591
    @tracyhall3591 2 ปีที่แล้ว

First, I know you're busy but I would sure love to chat with you 1 on 1 and discuss my g2 setup, as im comp illiterate and want the best possible experience in dcs. I've been struggling 2 months trying to get it set up. Tried multiple vids but since I dont know what they mean, its all a different language to me.

• @VRFlightSimGuy

I'd recommend joining my Discord for help discord.gg/7K6dDGRY

• @tracyhall3591

@@VRFlightSimGuy thank you.... I joined

• @tracyhall3591

@@VRFlightSimGuy sry. I know nothing of pc as I've been console for well over a decade and switched to pc strictly for dcs lol

• @jamiesalmonsculpture8599
    @jamiesalmonsculpture8599 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

What is your take on the reduced Vertical FOV? It`s not being talked about much, but it sounds like its a lot smaller than even the G2. C`mon Steve tell it like it is! (mostly how it affects MSFS of course)

• @dawudmc
    @dawudmc 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

The plane is unbelivable jittery vertically, aileron-trimming made it even worse.

• @VRFlightSimGuy

I'm confused. Do you have a beta version that you are testing? Because this version isn't out yet, and it flies beautifully.

• @justflight
      @justflight 2 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Guess you're referring to the Goshawk? Released a while back. This is Just Flight's Hawk T1/A. Released about an hour ago.

• @dawudmc
      @dawudmc 2 ปีที่แล้ว +2

@@justflight silly me .. yeah you´re right.

• @Tee-zt4wr
    @Tee-zt4wr 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Ive investes 5 k on an alien 11 desktop last year just so i could get the rtx3090 graphics . I then got the oculus for xplane . Then the htc vive came out with better rez so i sold the oculus and bought it , bad mistake !! the vive wasnt ready for prime time , yikes. sent it back , got full refund. Then The hp g2 came out , i got it and it was a lot better than oculus but still had a narrow sweet spot and still rez wasnt premo. Now i see vargo aero , here we go again , i ordered it and a base ($250)so i can do headtracking in msfs and car racing ( dont need controllers . hope the mouse works with it . it didnt with the htc vive. I hope this one works . I just want photo realistic as much as possible and better sweet spot and for 35 yrs ive been waiting and waiting , maybe things are finally coming about, for the consumer vr guys. ps does anyone want a good deal on my hp g2 setup? ( after i recieve the aero in 3 months of course ha)
    ps the varjo sales guy just call me on the phone 😱wow thats a first. None of the other VR companies were ever available on the phone only through notes

• @CakePrincessCelestia
    @CakePrincessCelestia 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Me: 5800x, 64GB of 3600, 1080, G2 at 60% res, FS20 settings to medium, getting like 5fps
    This guy:
    To be bloody honest: MS really needs to get their ship together. And this is only the tip of the iceberg. Not supporting FFB and not even considering is just a bloody shame at this point.
    Disclaimer: Runs fine in the CV1 even with a similarly high res set. Friggin WMR sucks balls. You'd think it would work better, but they totally fail at supporting their own stuff.

• @_zeranom
    @_zeranom 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Great video as always 👍 We have a VR-3 and just maked the update to the new base software, than you need to make a firmwareupdate after(obligated). We maked this…and now the headset is dead. Wtf. I hope that these things will not happen with the aero too in future and hope the support can help. Just to say…not all is perfect 🙈

• @VRFlightSimGuy

Damn I'm sorry to hear that, I've done the same thing today and all went ok. I'm sure Varjo support will get you sorted out.