Campervan Solar Panel System Installation & Victron MPPT VW T4

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 16 ก.ค. 2022
  • In this short video, I cover the solar panel installation process for my VW T4 along with fitting a Victron Bluetooth solar MPPT controller (See links below for items used).
    The campervan needs power for camping trips to avoid using the starter battery, so a battery bank is being installed which needs charging. To provide the charge to the batteries, I have fitted a 250w solar panel to the roof using Z solar panel brackets. The solar panel is fitted to a Victron Smartsolar Bluetooth MPPT solar controller to ensure the batteries get as an efficient charge as possible. The Victron controller also lets you see the charge output and battery state on a smartphone app.
    The following are eBay affiliate links for items used in this video and as an eBay partner, I may be compensated if you choose to make a purchase:
    250w Solar Panel:
    hwb7h.app.goo.gl/270wSolar
    Victron MPPT Controller:
    hwb7h.app.goo.gl/VictronMPPT
    Solar MC4 Cabling:
    hwb7h.app.goo.gl/MC4Cable
    Consider supporting the channel by becoming a member:
    / @thecampervanbuilder
    Social:
    Visit My Campervan Builder Website (when it works)
    www.thecampervanbuilder.com
    Consider Supporting My Channel Via Patreon:
    / thecampervanbuilder
    Follow My Facebook Page:
    / thecampervanbuilder
    Follow My Instagram Page:
    / thecampervanbuilder
  • ยานยนต์และพาหนะ

ความคิดเห็น • 20

• @ReDrive89
    @ReDrive89 2 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Great job! Only thing I would do differently is to put some paint on the holes of the roof to prevent corrosion.

• @TheCampervanBuilder
      @TheCampervanBuilder  2 ปีที่แล้ว +2

the holes sealed over and air tight as they are so shouldn't be a problem at all, by the time it rusted if it did rust, the van would be scrapped anyway

• @neiljemmerson8826
    @neiljemmerson8826 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Another good job, looks like your flying with it now some nice cabinets coming on there

• @TheCampervanBuilder
      @TheCampervanBuilder  2 ปีที่แล้ว

yes not far off now, the videos are a couple weeks behind actual progress

• @thenoworriesnomad
    @thenoworriesnomad 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Great job.👍👍

• @Pipboy83
    @Pipboy83 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Well done mate ;)

• @BigArch6564
    @BigArch6564 ปีที่แล้ว

Fantastic vlog buddy!

• @markjarvis7637
    @markjarvis7637 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi Mate, question, the Victron controler acording to there website is only good for 200w on 12 volts, you have 270w panel, could be a problem over powering the Victron unit

• @TheCampervanBuilder
      @TheCampervanBuilder  2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

These controllers will handle an input of 75v and the max output is 15a, no concerns at all as the controller handles all voltages / amps etc and dissipated any excess via its heatsink. It would also be a rarity the panel hits maximum output unless there was a load and the batteries were considerably discharged, otherwise they sit on float tickover all the time

• @lawrencedavidson6195
      @lawrencedavidson6195 5 หลายเดือนก่อน

On paper you are correct. However he will prob. never see more that 200 watts from that panel so he's ok.

• @rojyrojy1690
    @rojyrojy1690 ปีที่แล้ว

What bolts you used on the roof of the van please

• @harryhimpson5663
    @harryhimpson5663 ปีที่แล้ว

whats the blue box below the solar charger ?

• @86Manowar
    @86Manowar ปีที่แล้ว

What size cables did you use?

• @andrewcornford2306
    @andrewcornford2306 ปีที่แล้ว +1

The MPPT controller you are using should be used with a max 200w panel (that's what it states in the discription from your link ) aren't you using a 250w panel ?

• @davedixon6372
      @davedixon6372 ปีที่แล้ว

Wasted money on a big panel with it m8 hasn't he but each to there own good video though

• @lawrencedavidson6195
      @lawrencedavidson6195 5 หลายเดือนก่อน

He will prob. never see more that 200 watts from that panel so he's ok.